EOTM: Overgrowth Observatory needs a Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

There’s no need for an explanation to this one really because its glaringly obvious whats wrong:

The Overgrowth Observatory is one of the cheapest places to defend not only because there is a flat out way of exploiting it, but also because it has 3 cap points instead of 1.

Allow me to point out the problem:

The bridge directly connecting to the overgrowth cap point actually makes green players invulnerable, yes, literally invulnerable while they are stepping towards it, giving them a DRASTICALLY unfair advantage while roaming on that ledge.

This allows Overgrowth players to literally zerg up and charge without any means of protecting yourself from it.

Having to cap 3 points is also a joke, no other point in EOTM actually “needs” 3 different bosses to cap so I fail to see “why” the Observatory should be exempt from this.

Simply put, there is no justification to why this area cannot be altered slightly so that 1) the bridge access to it no longer grants overgrowth players immunity to damage and 2) the observatory should only need 1 point to capture instead of 3.

Overgrowth already has it pretty easy enough as it is, with cheap access points into its own keep that make it immune to damage while passing through them, really there was just a point where a-net had some really bad design ideas for that side of the map.

Fix them.

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

In theory this would be bad if you had to fight near it, however fights don’t happen in EotM and this objective gives 3 champ bags, so it’s fine.

/mildlytrolling

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

If Overgrowth is defending it they aren’t karma training elsewhere so you’re already winning the efficiency game in terms of champ bags per hour

L2eotm

in WvW

Posted by: Kurppa.9473

Kurppa.9473

First i thought this would be about the sentry turrets which imo are op and need nerf (make them work like traps, that you can only have 1 active in the map at a time). Nothing wrong with the objective itself having 3 cap points since the champs are ridiculously easy and if there are ppl defending, just hold you blob in the middle to block enemies and send few guys to cap upper and lower points.

in WvW

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

I was getting super kittened the other day because I couldn’t kill a green ranger on that bridge. I thought he was cheating to get invulnerable to proc like that.