[EU] LF good server for roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Redg.9807

Redg.9807

Hi,
I am currently on FSP and fed up with the Zerg and Blob spirit of T1 and I feel the time to Xfer has come.
I am now looking for a roaming friendly server with an active community.

What do you guys recommend ?
Thanks.

“Another testament to my greatness !”
Enid Asuran Trollz [Join] The Asuran Fanclub

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

What’s your mothertongue? I would look in T3-T4: it’s a bit zergy above that. Piken Square maybe?

in WvW

Posted by: Larus.1246

Larus.1246

Aurora Glade. Active and friendly community, and u can fight plenty of fights here.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhonin.1687

Rhonin.1687

Aurora Glade or Gunnar’s Hold would be my suggestion, both servers host alot of roamers

in WvW

Redg.9807

Thanks Sorel,
Good suggestion with Piken Square.
My motherongue is French

Edit: Piken Square going to get rank 6 :’( may not escape the blobing.

(edited by Redg.9807)

in WvW

Redg.9807

@ Larus and Rhonin,
Aurora Glade and Gunnar’s Hold seems like fair suggestions. How are the fights vs the Germans though ?
With Riverside , Abaddon’s Mouth, Elona Reach and Drakkar Lake ranking 10-13 and Miller’s Sound ranking 17 i am a little worried.

in WvW

Posted by: Algerius.5238

Algerius.5238

Fellow roamer here, Aurora glade is what you’re looking for, we have some active guilds in wvw if you want to join and quite some roamers.

This week has been hard tho, riverside is way too blobby for us.

Comunity is friendly and we host a lot of events weekly,
Check www.auroragla.de

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Define what is good roaming!

If good roaming means a lot of small roaming teams on your side, but enemy is mostly big blobs, then avoid the so called “good roaming” servers, as you will rarely have equal fights. You will be blobbed to death. If I am a commander and I see enemy havoc/ganking teams sniping my fellow Desolators, I try to make their life as close to hell as possible.

If roaming means playing the supply wars (capturing camps, sniping dolyaks, draining camps, upgrading them, supply trapping), providing intel, capturing big objectives (like keep) with 1-3 players in prime time under the nose of your enemy, then any top server will do. I admit, I am a Points-per-Tick (PPT) oriented roamer myself. And Desolation needs more players like this.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Thanks Sorel,
Good suggestion with Piken Square.
My motherongue is French

Edit: Piken Square going to get rank 6 :’( may not escape the blobing.

Ok forget everything I said! Come join us on Augury Rock! Lively server, good amount of roamers to fight, and no one making fun of your strange accent. We’re also have a very stable community, and have kept a good position in the ranking for as long as I can remember (probably because Frenchs like to speak french and don’t transfer to any server is likely to win) Check out Tsuki Yomi’s vids: all taken in AR.

(edited by Sorel.4870)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

You can avoid most Zergs when it’s off-peak anyway.

In the end people have their own preference to fight against servers, who have roamers and, or Guilds. FSP might get a ‘favourable’ match-up soon , they aren’t stuck in T1, so don’t jump ship yet.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

Go to augury rock, so that i can fight you
Good roamers to fight are getting rarer and rarer

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in WvW

Redg.9807

Thanks, guys !
So, AG, GH and AR. I may know a few people on those server so going to ask for feedback and decide tmr.

I liked that one :<
On what server are you playing btw ?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

@ Larus and Rhonin,
Aurora Glade and Gunnar’s Hold seems like fair suggestions. How are the fights vs the Germans though ?
With Riverside , Abaddon’s Mouth, Elona Reach and Drakkar Lake ranking 10-13 and Miller’s Sound ranking 17 i am a little worried.

Gunnars hold gets matched up a lot of times with the national servers but we usually give them a good spanking. Most of them blob tho but their roamers aren’t really that good.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

If you are french I would really suggest a French speaking server before all. Augory rock or Vizunah.
Gunnars hold (my current server) has roaming groups, and Aurora has some really good ones.
Piken is going up in the ranks and you might end up in higher tiers again.
And the fights against germans, well you know. Almost none roamers(roaming group in germany is 15+), lots of golems, and ac’s every square inch of a keep. :/

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Best roamer servers are down in t8 and t9.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Tseikk.9032

I liked that one :<
On what server are you playing btw ?

i’m on piken square

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

Indeed. Piken’s current rank is 6 and predicted rating is going up. Piken is mostly likely going to be matched up with EU rank 1-10 in next match ups. The rating differences in EU are so small that all this match ups are probable.

As an enemy, I haven’t seen much roamers on Piken, but more like something which can be classified as zone blob (30-50+ Piken in one blob). Despite Desolation’s higher rank, I have been enjoying the outnumbered “buff” more than half of the time, still flipping more than our share of the map. I am not complaining, just stating an observed fact. But each player can have different experience, depending on map and time played.

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

Do not go to Piken we are all evil, unfriendly haters here and we all suck at this game; go somewhere else.

Go deso or sfr all good players are there…

in WvW

Tseikk.9032

Indeed. Piken’s current rank is 6 and predicted rating is going up. Piken is mostly likely going to be matched up with EU rank 1-10 in next match ups. The rating differences in EU are so small that all this match ups are probable.

As an enemy, I haven’t seen much roamers on Piken, but more like something which can be classified as zone blob (30-50+ Piken in one blob). Despite Desolation’s higher rank, I have been enjoying the outnumbered “buff” more than half of the time, still flipping more than our share of the map. I am not complaining, just stating an observed fact. But each player can have different experience, depending on map and time played.

I on the other hand have been surprised on how few players you have online. Last time i remember fighting against deso you had much more players.
We also tend to have more people online if we “have a chance” in the matchup or if it’s a close one. Better fights if one side isn’t completely stomping the other.

in WvW

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Piken square man is awesome. I don’ t regret every single gem spent to move there.
have fun

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Mid to high silver, any server is ok as it’s not what server you join but what servers you face.

Go into gold league servers and you’ll be blobbed and mobbed where ever you go.

I’m from piken and at the moment i’d say roaming isn’t as good as it could be just coz of the population of the enemy servers.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Do not go to Piken we are all evil, unfriendly haters here and we all suck at this game; go somewhere else.

Sure go generalize Deso players and lump them alongside SFR, even though we’re home to many Hardcore WvW/GvG Guilds and skilled pvpers. It isn’t so much a PvX server, thanks to the megaservers now.

FSP has AR this week, cant’ be that bad now, unless you run solo.
There’s more to roaming than skirmishes, pick your fights.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

I on the other hand have been surprised on how few players you have online. Last time i remember fighting against deso you had much more players.
We also tend to have more people online if we “have a chance” in the matchup or if it’s a close one. Better fights if one side isn’t completely stomping the other.

Desolation has recently lost many guilds and gained only few. Believe me or not, we are very often outnumbered (the “buff”) and now when prime time is starting, no queue to any map. This is radical difference to 1 month ago when we had big queues on all maps at prime time.

If Desolation wouldn’t fight now so hard for points, we would definitely sink down in ranks.

We definitely need more good roamers and the action is here 24h7. Constant pressure and chances to ninja cap anything. If you want easier times and not be double focused by enemy servers in 90% of the match ups, I suggest other servers.

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: nickaustin.7304

nickaustin.7304

so what did you decide finally and hows been experience so far? i am in same boat would love your input.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Bark! Bark! Grrrrr!

:p

Keypout!

L’enfer, c’est les autres