EU vs US - how do they differ?

in WvW

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

in EU, they are dedicated no matter how many times the get destroyed their morale is high, they have guilds who run raids almost everyday, less egos, more drunks on ts ( someone was so drunk he was singing wrecking ball on TS )

I really really hope that wasn’t me. Although i must say my wrecking ball singing is second to none.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

-Average skill level in EU is higher.

-Guilds in EU prioritize quality over quantity unlike so many NA guilds.

It’s disgusting what groups like GD, RG, Scnd, VII, VotF, BuLL, etc. can do in open-field with 25-30 people against queues. Absolutely terrifying.

Contrast that to NA where T1 guilds roll 50 deep and pop tags.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Lol. So many angry EU players, like I said in my previous post GvG you got it but outside of that you’re the same as every other guild on NA. I never cared for GvG as its just a competition of who’s stacking more warriors/guardians/necros and weeding out the weak links, boring.
I’m glad RG remembered how badly wrecked they got outside gvg at every turn, also I’m not from TSYM nice try. I had a good chuckle when they keep posting videos of them killing upleveled pugs 2x their numbers in 1/10 attempts and boosting about how amazing they are.

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

-Average skill level in EU is higher.

-Guilds in EU prioritize quality over quantity unlike so many NA guilds.

It’s disgusting what groups like GD, RG, Scnd, VII, VotF, BuLL, etc. can do in open-field with 25-30 people against queues. Absolutely terrifying.

Sadly, most of those guilds don’t play anymore…

About EU vs NA, maybe T1 NA wins to T1 EU, but when you start going down tiers, EU servers have more coverage. Also, NA has it easier to have more coverage, as they can recruit sea, asian and southamerican population.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I doubt anyone cares to compare t5 versus t5.
It’s best versus best.
Right now…
Blackgate versus SFR…
I think Blackgate would absolutely destroy SFR.
This is straight PPT…
Who cares about GvG.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

It’s possible that I’m not fully up to date with the latest results, but as far as I knew [EP] only lost to [ST]. If that is accurate then the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the top GvG guild in the game atm is EU. Which is a conclusion that pertains to a single guild, not a group of “top guilds.” If my knowledge of the results is indeed outdated then I apologize, I get all of that information 2nd-hand or later.

I would be interested to hear observations and comparisons from [EP] reps, since they are the only group that has recently faced both regions. Certainly if they felt a pattern that would carry a lot of weight.

EP lost to ST, DISS and iNK. That’s three EU guilds.

NA servers have better coverage

You are basing this on T1-2 NA versus T4 in EU.
Try playing in T3 or lower in NA then compare it to EU (all tiers). EU has far better coverage overall.

I’ve played in T4 NA too. The ratings in Eu are much closer, which suggests the servers have relatively equal off hour coverage or equally small off hour coverage.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Chrhal.4983

Chrhal.4983

Lol. So many angry EU players, like I said in my previous post GvG you got it but outside of that you’re the same as every other guild on NA. I never cared for GvG as its just a competition of who’s stacking more warriors/guardians/necros and weeding out the weak links, boring.

First of all this really seems like a silly argument. Numbers is a big factor in open field WvW and how do you know that one guild didn’t outnumber the other guild. I remember the days when we in FSV cried about people outnumbering us, but thats open field WvW.

Secondly, why is the EU guilds mentioned in this discussion better at stacking warriors/guardians/necros and weeding out the weak links than the NA guilds mentioned? If that is the way you win a GvG

/Archiae, former FSV and DiVa

Archiae – Mesmer
“Lol I have never GvG’d before”
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

rangers are a nono,

i think you got this backwards dude. EU is a hundred times more open to rangers then NA. I can say this, because i spent a year in EU as a Ranger Main, and i got more flak for playing ranger in NA during my first 3 weeks, then an entire year in EU. FYI; i played on Far Shiverpeaks and Desolation. So no, i didn’t play on empty T8 servers.

That’s because we do actually have a Ranger PUG Commander :P

nope seen it many times when we raid with pugs in SFR.

random Warrior Pug: oh i feel bad, i killed that ranger so fast his pet didnt do anything.
random Necro Pug: why you filthy thing why did you kill a ranger, go wash your hands.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

rangers are a nono,

i think you got this backwards dude. EU is a hundred times more open to rangers then NA. I can say this, because i spent a year in EU as a Ranger Main, and i got more flak for playing ranger in NA during my first 3 weeks, then an entire year in EU. FYI; i played on Far Shiverpeaks and Desolation. So no, i didn’t play on empty T8 servers.

As for Tarnished Coast – probably the only server in NA (that iv’e heard of/experienced) that has the same attitude towards rangers as most EU servers. In short; You get a chance to prove yourself and if you succeed, people will not give you any flak for playing ranger (unlike some other T1/T2 servers)

Well NA stays up 20 hours at a time, until SoS ddos’s their voice comms 5-6 times in a row in EU hours, making people just go to sleep, while they blob 80 mans at empty maps, and /cheering the whole time.

VIZ/SFR had barely 1-2 hours a day deadtime throughout the entire week, trust me, when it comes to coverage, EU T1 is more menacing then NA T1. Mostly because 12/20 hours in NA is spent hugging keeps, while 17/22 hours in EU is spent golem-rushing/flipping camps/draining supply.

Blackgate would completely destroy Vizunah. The reason viz appears to have more coverage and more PVD is because they face server that can’t put up a fight. Blackgate has coverage in all locations, vizunah doesn’t.

not any more they dont. But when they were at their biggest before the first leagues, there would be no saying who would win.
Also, jrd, i’d like to make the point that i AM infact playing in T1 NA, and i have yet to see you, or INVI here. So do not come here and tell me how the people iv’e faced for the past two months play. I know it far to well by now. In open field, Viz would oblitterate any NA T1 server. JQ could put up a fight due to manpower, but they would be beaten down. In a siege setting, Viz would be the worst defender, and the best offensive. Their golem rush would oblitterate even the best defended T3 keep here in NA. People here have horrible sense for siege placement and sieging a keep in general. Still, they do better at it then Viz, so np np.

did you say Viz will obliterate any T1 NA server? is it still april fools day or what?
we have been in SFR and faced Vizunah many times even open field and all and i can tell you they they are worthy of T1 but not enought to beat SFR or BG, JQ would be equal, SOR prime days would be equal as well, for TC no they would loose to vizunah due to sheer determination of EU and militia.

Blackgate

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

I doubt anyone cares to compare t5 versus t5.
It’s best versus best.
Right now…
Blackgate versus SFR…
I think Blackgate would absolutely destroy SFR.
This is straight PPT…
Who cares about GvG.

if this was with ZD/ZB SFR it would be a sight to watch against BG.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Make it 4 (VII).

Gratz! Hopefully there will be videos to come

Exactly. I still do not understand why guilds like SF feel the need to field 50+. Only logical reason I can come up with is that they get wrecked when they have anything less.

You should watch the video of VcY taking on a vizunah blob with just 15 people!

did you say Viz will obliterate any T1 NA server? is it still april fools day or what?
we have been in SFR and faced Vizunah many times even open field and all and i can tell you they they are worthy of T1 but not enought to beat SFR or BG, JQ would be equal, SOR prime days would be equal as well, for TC no they would loose to vizunah due to sheer determination of EU and militia.

Of course now Vizunah won’t win. They aren’t #1 anymore and have lost a lot of players/guilds. You were not in EU during season 1 or before that. At any time they chose they could go on full try hard mode and when they did they queued all four maps 24/7. During season 1, they had a blob on all 4 maps at all times of the day. I know BG achieved the same feat but then take into account that Vizunah had universal ts usage on their server and were the best server at siege warfare and very competent at open field as well. BG would have been obliterated.

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Make it 4 (VII).

Exactly. I still do not understand why guilds like SF feel the need to field 50+. Only logical reason I can come up with is that they get wrecked when they have anything less.

Of course now Vizunah won’t win. They aren’t #1 anymore and have lost a lot of players/guilds. You were not in EU during season 1 or before that. At any time they chose they could go on full try hard mode and when they did they queued all four maps 24/7. During season 1, they had a blob on all 4 maps at all times of the day. I know BG achieved the same feat but then take into account that Vizunah had universal ts usage on their server and were the best server at siege warfare and very competent at open field as well. BG would have been obliterated.

They had TS AND they got to use siege?
Ya you’re right… all hope is lost for their adversaries

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Make it 4 (VII).

I see someone hasn’t experienced Vizunah Square yet
Its ok, on NA even if you people use ts, they still spread out and run like headless chickens during a fight.

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Make it 4 (VII).

I see someone hasn’t experienced Vizunah Square yet
Its ok, on NA even if you people use ts, they still spread out and run like headless chickens during a fight.

yeah i was not there during season 1, but are you there during season 1 NA BG? maybe your referring to some other server with that comment of yours but with what vizunah and eu has NA can match it or even more wvw wise, and dont get me started with TS usage. LOL.

dont generalize NA with all servers because in EU that same comment of yours apply, you must be from vizunah im guessing?

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: hholls.3278

hholls.3278

basically NA is superior than EU in every way, shape and form because we saved their kitten during both world wars

Lol history not your strong point then.

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

Here some music for this thread.

I will leave these here.

I AM A REAL AMERICAN. FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY MAN!

Hah this thread was brought to my attention. Its good stuff. The US greeted us warmly i talked to a lot of people in pm and ts3, very nice guys. MERC and KNT etc. However there was some very hidden ego/kitten with some guilds for sure TW/AGG/TYSM.

On the whole in prime of game and even now US guild was not in top 10 of EU guilds. Some funny stuff how we did not kill anyone outside gvg?. I think we died only to full zone blobs 70-100 man vs average 20, maybe under 10 times all week. Of course TYSM guild claimed to kill us with the rest of zone lol “it was just our guild guys honest”.

Not to mention we had small numbers because server was full. hard to get people transferred over meanwhile running sometimes 12/13 guys upto 22-25.

The EU guilds now are also shadow of former guilds. The game changed very little a few tweaks here and there. But guilds die slowly they recruit bads who they have to train who will never be as good as original people. Maybe VII got better than they was at start. However GH ZDS ST GD all got worse slowly dieing off.

PPT viz is dead now since alot moved to Teso, some french community moved on from gw2. SFR got alot of guilds but is bad server than what it used to be after ANET killed it with free transfers and all the randoms stayed. So maybe the top US server could give them a run now. However in peak and prime SFR 2.0 and viz would eat US best servers alive on PPT. I would even say the top 2 us servers vs Viz or sfr 2.0. in a 2 us vs 1 eu server and eu would of won.

Russian army (xaoc/zds/gf/nugos/sparta) > EU prime > Spanish(SIN/RNV)+SFRJ.

Viz just had massive numbers and very good co-ordination endlessly sucking people from the other french servers to stock up numbers. Training programs like coming off a machine line churning out zombies to use arrow carts or cap camp in some unreal crazy stubborn resolve. I mean really get up now go get someone to punch you in face 10 times as hard as possible or headbutt the wall then ask for more. Reminds me of VIZ. They had one good guild in War Legend. They knew the best way to beat us was to bore us to death and kitten they would. 80 man running into towers, porting away back to spawn. 15 arrow carts on everything. timers to make sure ac dont run out. squads to make sure they hit all bos before every tick. Dieing 1000+ times in lord room but still coming back over and over and over again to banner lord. Then in end saying victory they didn’t get keep/tower we can die happy lol. You also had roleplay leaders who would whip them into a frenzy like Troma making sure there sacrifice of dieing 1000 times over and sitting on AC 24/7 was not in vain.

I did not hate viz cause french that’s stupid we had french in RG. I just could not fathom how they played my brain would not register. So we wanted to fight them at own game PPT with sfr 2.0 and we beat them many weeks in row and almost broke them before ANET broke us.

Was a good idea giving free transfer to the #1 server beating viz for 4 weeks straight.. meaning the people who actually was winning matchup for SFR aka the guilds across the coverage could not get into the zone because of 1000s of new pugs. And the sfr 2.0 pugs who defended great and give awesome info was swamped with all these new people with attitude of “YES im #1 now cause im on #1 server, i pay for game and transfer trolol”.

All of this was to get viz to crack, then see if they would play as guilds etc. not worrying so much about PPT. Which was kinda like asking them if they want to stop breathing.

After all i wonder whats the name of game again?. Shame ANET seemed to forget that.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

(edited by Sacrx.6721)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

S1 BG queues were insane, and we had over 500 people on our teamspeak at any given time (this season has dropped quite a bit due to recent teamspeak issues and less coverage overall, but we still get average 250 online 24/7, more during NA, less during Oceanic). I doubt Vizunah could’ve competed.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Skill wise, EU>NA

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

By “US” do you mean “NA”?

…Duh.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: KICKER.3874

KICKER.3874

S1 BG queues were insane, and we had over 500 people on our teamspeak at any given time (this season has dropped quite a bit due to recent teamspeak issues and less coverage overall, but we still get average 250 online 24/7, more during NA, less during Oceanic). I doubt Vizunah could’ve competed.

what do you mean by “queues were insane” ?

on SFR S2 start we had 250+ EBG queue, 150+ on each of the 3 borders and even 20+ on Obsidian

more than that ?

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

on SFR S2 start we had 250+ EBG queue, 150+ on each of the 3 borders and even 20+ on Obsidian

more than that ?

It’s hard to believe gandara had worse ques than the #1 server.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Reverence.6915

more than that ?

Didn’t have queue numbers back in s1, but the average queue was around 4 hours NA prime and 30mins-1hr oceanic

S2 we had 300 queue for EBG and 150-200 for borderlands on reset night

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

i do agree with Sacrx of Red Guards, if it was the pre season 1 EU servers and NA, NA would get destroyed, we simply don’t have enough guilds to match those organized WVW guilds in EU.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Ebel.2650

Ebel.2650

As someone who played both SFR and Blackgate, I can say blackgate is still behind skills/meta wise, the first thing I noticed is people still use static for swiftness on regroups
and they run more damage then deffensive using selfish builds etc.

I would love to see the NA servers to step up and show their EU brothers a thing or 2.

BOON Control

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I think its a very interesting topic. Maybe a map what mixes eu and na should be good for both side

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Reverence.6915

As someone who played both SFR and Blackgate, I can say blackgate is still behind skills/meta wise, the first thing I noticed is people still use static for swiftness on regroups
and they run more damage then deffensive using selfish builds etc

I would love to see the NA servers to step up and show their EU brothers a thing or 2.

Bolded for emphasis. This isn’t true. Guild groups all have their guild builds.

Btw, a static field for rolling swiftness is very effective if you don’t expect a fight within 40 seconds.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Well this thread went exactly as I expected. Both continents claiming they are far superior in a passive aggressive manner. Pointless thread, lock it.

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

During season 1, they had a blob on all 4 maps at all times of the day. I know BG achieved the same feat but then take into account that Vizunah had universal ts usage on their server and were the best server at siege warfare and very competent at open field as well. BG would have been obliterated.

During season 1 the peak number of people on BG’s TS was about 900 (yes we have a 1000 man server TS) and 500 on average for all times. Mind sharing Vizunah’s “universal ts usage” a bit since you seems to know a lot about it?

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Lock this kitten thread…we will never know.

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Lock this kitten thread…we will never know.

+1

It will never happen, and most of the best EU guilds have either moved on from GW2 or disbanded or not what they used to be. NA GvG scene seems more active than EU atm, it seems alot of (not all) of the EU GvG guilds have the attitude of “been there done that, lets squash this blob for endless loot all day long instead,” and chuck in the odd GvG when they fancy a change.

As for EU servers against NA servers, we all play differently in our respected regions so who’s to know, unless we are pitted together? which will never happen. Hell even EU Silver and EU gold have different play styles not just coverage. If a Viz want a WP in your keep they will put one there, and there ain’t nothing you can do to stop them. However, an EU silver league (Guild orientated) server, will say “let them have it and we will farm them all day long while they try to protect it.” And I’m sure NA has it’s servers that correspond to it’s EU counterparts in regards to play styles.

But as for GvG’s im pretty sure EU is just ahead but slowly dying out, but NA will take over since alot of the big EU guilds are stopping/stopped.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

And I’m sure NA has it’s servers that correspond to it’s EU counterparts in regards to play styles.

NA servers definitely have their own personalities. The one most people are probably familiar with is YB’s tendency to siege the ever loving kitten out of their towers. If they have 20 people defending a tower, they have 25 ACs in there.

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Were fighting SFR now in the match up and they’ve had to team up with JS to win, Blackgate would wipe the floor with SFR, its actually worrying these are the number 1 server in the EU

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

eu is far better at organized forum spamming. na pugs their pvf.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Were fighting SFR now in the match up and they’ve had to team up with JS to win, Blackgate would wipe the floor with SFR, its actually worrying these are the number 1 server in the EU

I am more worried about Desolation’s continuous and relentless quest for apologetic reasons to justify their losses against us.
Come on guys , we’ve been through this so many time before

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

You are too funny, maybe you are to kitten to realize we wipe Jade Sea in 5-7 seconds of even engaging them.
They cower inside their garri with ACs.
There’s not much to fight when your enemy is scared of you and not willing to take the fight to you.
They just take advantage of the situation that’s all.

Take your argument to Jade Sea don’t come cry about how Seafarer does this and that.
Grow up.

(edited by Nhalx.9735)