Edge of the Mists FAQ

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I like the pve elements if they have a meaning. Like the hyleks, etc.
Anyway, remember the real WvW will still be the maps we have now.

Destructible bridges? Yes, please. WvW needs more ‘sandboxy’ elements. It’s the perfect place for it.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: CptWheezy.6439

CptWheezy.6439

@CptWheezy: I see where you’re coming from and you may have valid concerns. I feel it’s neccessary though, since it probably will happen that only one server is active on one of the new maps at a given time and you need something exciting to do for those players if they have no human enemy to fight.

I also think that this is a great opportunity to bring more players into WvW. A lot of the players have never tried WvW because they don’t like PvP (as they know it from other mmos). This could be the first experience for them… and maybe they have fun killing players together.

If you mean that this PvP (WvW) is different – and it remains more or less the same as it is now at the core – then I can get on board with the idea of bringing more players in to the experience. But – if they add too many PvE elements – the experience will be the same (more or less) as the current PvE experience. Right now -there are a vast amount things that PvE players can do, due to the constant updates to content.

Adding in PvE elements must be done VERY carefully to be effective and not disenfranchise the current WvW Player Base (WPB). If they make the experience like a dungeon – then many of them will think and feel the same thing I do about it. “I’d rather not. Thank you, but no thank you.”

I understand what you’re saying – but given the option of pulling in players from every server on the list – from all tiers – the pot from which they can draw is vast. If they’re smart in the way that they pull from that pot – having no human enemies will not be an issue.

If this thing is being implemented in order to cure the queue problem – then that will do it. If they refrain from connecting it to the current PPT system – then pulling from the whole server list and not just from the current match-up will not be a problem. It all depends on how they implement it. It could be a raging success – assuming a few things.

Such as:

1. The ‘unique’ boss fights in the Keeps and Towers are not at all like a ‘Dungeon Boss’ or like the current ‘World Boss’ fights in WvW – which are a joke to be honest and serve no purpose.

2. Anet does not assume more PvE in WvW is a good thing. It isn’t. In most cases if you just give the players the tools they want – keep it as balanced as possible – and then do not restrict them in too many ways – they will have a blast. You want more ‘open’ and less ‘closed’ scenarios.

Things that they should be focusing on:

1. Interesting, open map designs that let the players choose how the battle will unfold. This can be accomplished in many ways including but not limited to the following list:
a. Destructible Bridges leading to ‘king of the hill’ type areas.
b. Extreme Chokes
c. Both a and b together.
d. Secret (ish) Capture Points behind waterfalls – easily defensible.
(Okay – not this one – but wouldn’t that be cool as hell. LoL.)
e. Watchtowers in unexpected places – easily defensible and worth holding.
f. Catapults that both have wheels and can be moved. (Requiring 3-4 players)
g. The ability to load an Asuran into catapults and launch them into towers.
(Okay – not that one either – but wouldn’t that one be cool too. ROFL)

Okay – I have more but I’m rambling and fuzzy headed due to a lack of sleep at the moment.

(edited by CptWheezy.6439)

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

@CptWheezy: I’m gonna disagree on your statement that WvW purist will dislike this (looking at the core idea of EotM, not what it could be doing in the future). But like I said, ANet needs to encourage WvW participation with the EotM, but not force it – a right balance – something that should address the 2 points you made.

If this map will introduce new mechanics who are liked from the large majority of the www population, are the devs considering the chance that this map will steal population from the proper www maps ? Do u believe wich once u create new mechanics into the edge of the mists, those mechanics can be introduced into the old borderlands maybe with a restailing of those maps?

Yes if there are elements of this map that are popular those elements will slowly make their way back towards the borderlands and EB, where it makes sense.

^^ This may be an issue depending on what makes sense to ANet, and what elements they bring over. Again, if it’s mechanics and elements that could help WvW matchups (if it is PvE content, then Mercenary Camps are examples of good PvE in WvW), then they will be a welcome addition. If it’s something like a PvE Bosses or another JP based on the floating islands, then it’s a waste of space on the regular Maps.

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

I think a good way to look at it is that there will generally be the same amount of PvE, but more PvE variety in objectives. Right now in WvW, when no enemies are present the content is the same Door killing and meat sack tower lord fight over and over. In Edge of the mists, the activity you do when no one is around will have variety. The nice part of this is that it also means the PvP activity you do at those locations will have variety.

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Regarding the ability of knocking players off the map, I believe this shouldn’t happen at all on “normal” paths. If knocking people off is better than actually attacking them, all we will see are tornado eles, mesmers, etc. It really isn’t fun for group battles.

What I would like to see instead is some high-risk/reward paths, where you can be knocked off. Like a narrow bridge or path that can lead you behind the enemy lines and gain you a positional advantage if taken instead of the normal route. But it also means that if you are scouted, your group could easily be knocked off and wiped.

EDIT: Added an example using one of the SS’s released

Attachments:

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

(edited by Luiz Swordbreaker.6547)

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I like that the new map will be a playground for new ideas. We could see a capture-the-stables mission where the winning team has access to mounts for a certain time I’d rather see such gameplay changes when winning than the example where you get a buff/statistical bonus for killing elementals.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I also like that you want to increase the variety. I’m not sure why we have skritt and centaurs on the borderland maps. There is little incentive for players to complete these events, is there?

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

I think a good way to look at it is that there will generally be the same amount of PvE, but more PvE variety in objectives. Right now in WvW, when no enemies are present the content is the same Door killing and meat sack tower lord fight over and over. In Edge of the mists, the activity you do when no one is around will have variety. The nice part of this is that it also means the PvP activity you do at those locations will have variety.

Feel free to make 1 of the keep/castle lords have similar to Tequatl mechanics

I was thinking about this long time and my original idea was to make Stonemist Lord to be more challenging but ofc not in the same insane level as Tequatl but similar.

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: JerekLo.5893

JerekLo.5893

The more you guys talk about this map the more exciting it sounds. Anet’s always seemed a little adverse to doing public test areas outside of official betas, and considering how they do content I can understand it. But creating areas like this where you can just throw stuff at the wall and get player feedback is a really cool way to do it.

I’d love to see you guys try this in some way for PVE and SPVP. An open PVE map where bosses might have previews of mechanics used in living story or a pvp arena where people can give feedback on the “balance” of the design, etc.

That way you don’t have to reveal your whole hand, just a little peek.

I look forward to blowing up bridges and tossing people off ledges…. eventually. :X

Jerek Lo | Singh | Slagg Blackclaw | Wilhelm von Wilhelm | Viscerious
Sorrow’s Furnace
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Alex Gabriel.3074

Alex Gabriel.3074

This looks awesome! I can’t wait. That is all, keep up the good work!

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Hi Jon, I’m very concerned with the wvw matchups at the moment but not necessarily because there is a very lovely new map on the way…well yes, it is because of the upcoming map…My questions are:

Are we doing anything to improve the latency and skill lag for wvw? Several thousands of players are really disgruntled that Seasons have been thrown at everyone without fixing performance yet, making some matchups very unfair to where only skill 1 and a few heal skills can only activate and even then not even those skills work.

Are we going to see a fix in the middle of the seasons performance wise to make it smoother or is this going to be Beta wvw all over again?

Will we see smoother and more accurate lineups for the next seasons? Some worlds are getting aligned with t5 and t4 when say MY world is t6…as an example.

Last question: Where are the signups for beta testing the map?. I get an error code while trying to view the link on details

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Asurastafarian.9708

Asurastafarian.9708

Q: How does the overflow work? Is it possible to fight against other servers? Is it combined with EU and NA or just one specific region?
A: The current iteration is that you will only be matched up against the other worlds in your current WvW matchup. That is one of the many aspects of the map that we will be actively getting feedback on from the community and the testers..

If the Edge of the Mists is an overflow and has no effect on WvW, then why not just have the whole league filter into those overflows with people put on random teams ?

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

I am personally very excited about this and hope it makes WvW – and for me, the game – more exciting. I only have one question / suggestion which is tied to guilds as this is Guild Wars 2 after all: will there be a possibility to include guild related missions/challanges much like the PvE version now but which we can complete in the Mists? Perhaps a few fancy titles tied to it to make it more attractive to people. The Guild Commedation currency could be tied up with this maybe to help those who don’t play that much PvE?

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

along these lines…how about a mine with LOTS of orichalcum nodes that only the team that controls the mine can harvest?

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

along these lines…how about a mine with LOTS of orichalcum nodes that only the team that controls the mine can harvest?

Like putting harvesting nodes inside of towers? I like it, but I think this would only work in the Edge of the Mists, because otherwise players would come take up space in the queue just to harvest.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: menaron.3047

menaron.3047

Like putting harvesting nodes inside of towers? I like it, but I think this would only work in the Edge of the Mists, because otherwise players would come take up space in the queue just to harvest.

I think it could something like a cave or a mine inside a tower (remember Veloka on EB is on a rock wall?) or an access to go underground :P

Idea!! underground tunnel network to defend towers or to escape, or even to make an sneak attack behind the lines!!!! why not?

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

Q. Will Edge of the Mists effects the original WvW map in terms of skill lag?

(not sure) When there are massive fights going on in 1+ diffrent borderlands I notice a little bit of skill lag, and when we get into a little fight of ~25 vs ~50 we get a lot of Skill lag, normally with those numbers we rarely have skill lag, if we do, it isn’t much.

So my concern is, when there is a big fight going on in Edge of the Mists map, will the original WvW map have more often skill lag, so it’s already noticable in small fights (~80) instead of 3 ways (150+)?

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Sneakytail.5783

Sneakytail.5783

I submitted the info for CERN with my acct name and information as guild leader, however someone in the guild that had not even applied received confirmation. Any idea what happened with that one? :P

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Athalean.1429

Athalean.1429

Question: Will the edge of the mists map contain the standard wvw badge merchants and maybe crafting stations/a mystic forge?

If this map is going to be the only option while standing in line for WvW, it would be nice to do some siege shopping/food crafting/superior siege crafting while waiting, just like you can do in LA now. (except you can’t buy siege for badges in LA, only for laurels/via TP)

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

Are the Edge of the Mists Optional ?

I would like to know if you queue for a borderland whether you are forced into the Edge of the Mists or you have the choice to join it.

Surely the Mists are a great feature, but if you have to join it there definitely will be afk players sitting around, decreasing the strength of that realm.

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

There will be way for guilds join same overflow as party or small squad?

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Floating islands

Yeah because that totally worked in skyhammer to make it fun
/sarcasm off

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Devon/Jon,

Q. Is it set in stone that EotM teams will be home server based instead of mixed servers?

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

Fully accept that removing Qs is the priority, even though I play on Vabbi where Qs are never a consideration. However there may be a problem with this solution.

On Vabbi – bottom server in WvW – the score is never much of a consideration. Most people now accept that they are never going to win overall, or indeed come second overall in any match-up. Those that want to win-win transferred out at the beginning of the Season.

Therefore there is a possibly that the Vabbi WvW player will abandon the current WvW maps and play on this one instead. This would leave any match-ups to 1v1. I can’t see any Vabbi WvW player wanting to play on the standard WvW maps when this goes live.

Indeed in any match-up where a server considers they have no chance of winning, the gameplay is poor (merely fodder to PL the top server), and consequently have no Qs, that server will tend to prefer to play on this new map.

And ofc once Vabbi abandons WvW standard maps the next weakest server will follow, and so on. You see the potential problem.

(edited by lilypop.7819)

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Konou.6713

Konou.6713

Please move the JP’s from the Borderlands to this map!

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Frodowise.4209

Frodowise.4209

I think it’d be cool to have “domino” objective unlocks: where accomplishing one thing starts another. Maybe if you captured a particular asura power generator it would give an area buff, but you would also unlock special “Asuran shields” that would help defend nearby keeps and tower walls, and regenerate health only if you could keep the generator rather than using supply?

Or perhaps mercenaries similar to battletoads and ogres, where there was a secondary “Kill this really nasty boss monster in the mine” objective once you had them captured that would upgrade the mercenaries (maybe a champion would accompany them, or add more veterans to the group) and perhaps add extra defenses to hold the camp against small groups?

Or perhaps a series of objectives that a small group could accomplish that would result in a raiding party of various NPCs that would attack a nearby tower (similar to seigerazer but maybe on a shorter cooldown, and other players could fight over them like they do with mercenaries) or defend it if the players owned the tower?

And of course I’d love rewards over time for holding onto a keep or tower, though I don’t have any ideas for that yet.

Fear Eredon Terrace! | Mathridar

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Asta Entreri.3945

Asta Entreri.3945

So…guilds got tickets for members over 2 weeks ago…When will finally the beta start?

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I’m just wondering, this FAQ….who frequently asked these questions before even the announcement?

:)

Sincerly, Me.

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: PHARAOH.3465

PHARAOH.3465

An idea I just thought of reading this FAQ. Why not design the overflow system for EOTM in such a way as to force multi server involvement. An example of this would be to cap how many can populate a server from a single world down by half or a third….maybe a fourth or fifth even of the actual population cap? Yes I do think allowing the worlds fighting in EOTM to be random when it comes to which servers are participating and random as far as the number of servers participating up to a reasonable point will be a very exciting and cool thing. Especially since it’s not going to affect anything I say let it be a rampage/free for all situation.

Prince Pharaoh – human mesmer
Lord Pharaoh – sylvari ranger
etc, etc – one 80 of each class

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Did anyone get the actual alpha client login info yet?

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I did. can’t wait to check the map out tonight.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

Nope, still haven’t got mine.

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Have you considered separating server allegiance from Edge of the Mists teams? By this I mean allowing two players from different servers to play on the same team within EotM.
Edge of the Mists seems like a good opportunity to do so. For starters it does not count towards WvW score, so what happens at the Edge, stays at the Edge.
It would give players who don’t normally get to WvW together a chance to play with each other in a WvW style environment. In the same vein, it would allow you to fight against server mates.
It would also create a more distinct ‘open world pvp’ zone, ideal for running around in while waiting for your queue to pop so that you can join your commanders in serious WvW where it counts.
And perhaps most importantly to Anet, it would solve the problem of balancing teams in the EotM. Some servers just have more WvW’ers then others, so the EotM overflow team sizes are going to slanted to reflect that. As Anet mentioned, there will even be times where an entire overflow is filled by a single server, which is far from ideal.

There’s a variety of ways you could go about doing this, from hotjoin spvp style pick-your-team, to random team assignment and auto-balancing(keeping party members together as a rule), and many more.

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Going along with Arewn post above this, since you do not gain WvW score on this map, will we be able to guest to other servers EotM?

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Oh gosh now they’re letting anyone in. Got my invite tonight

Very glad they’re including solo scout types.

Check your mail guys.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

I just got an email from edgeofthemists@arena.net with an excel spreadsheet attached. is this legit?

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yes. Bunch of new emails sent out yesterday.

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Kirk Williford.2653

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Yup, we’ve sent out a very large amount of invitations and even more will be coming soon. They come from edgeofthemists@arena.net!

Please remember to fill out the entire roster sheet, including email addresses. Do not put anything in the “Internal Use Only” area, as internal = ArenaNet.

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

umm, i got a question. my guild just got accepted (mere hours after submitting a request at that! :o ), and i’m gathering the info from the interested members of the guild to fill the spreadsheet, but i’m confused about something:

there’s a separate section for the “point of contact” and for the “guild leader”. if those two are one and the same (in my case), do i fill them both with the same thing, or do i appoint a second in command for the sake of having a second contact? and do i add that information to the full roster, or is it implied that the leader and/or representative are also joining the group of people in the guild interested in testing the new map?

also, one of our guildies might be interested in playing, but may not be able due to her fluctuating job schedule. is it ok to include her, even if she fails to join the tests?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Victo.6950

Victo.6950

Each guild gets an invitation to the beta have already registered before November? Until now, the number of German participants is very low, the changes yet?

regards
guild NOX

MainChar: Vícto (Warrior)
Guild: Nachtwächter[NOX] / Rang: Leader => http://noxgilde.de/
Server: Riverside

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Jayne.9251

There were posts in this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Edge-of-the-Mists-Testing-Update-Updated-12-5

saying some people applied with their guilds only yesterday and got an invite.

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

….

Q4: Would ArenaNet have any plans on supporting the GvG scene in general after the release of the map? Such as supporting Teams, building features for competing GvG Teams?
….

….

4) We’ve stated that our current goals are to support WvW. Guild vs. Guild is an intriguing game mode, but one that we currently have no plans to support. The WvW team is focused on WvW. If we decided to build GvG, there will be a team that is in charge of that game mode, but it will not be the WvW team.

i propose when you start think about GvG to implement with the philosophy of that the servers guilds will be part of server and not an individual and separated part of the server .

in aurora glade has passed most of the stronger guilds in europeans servers and sorry in what i will say now …nobody cares for those that have left aurora glade or ( this is going to hurt harder ) nobody cares in our server what they are doing when they are fighting our current enemies .

so , with few words. find the golden solution and make the guilds the “Local Heroes” in their server , guilds that all want to be part of them ….

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

I was wondering if there is a expected release date for EoTM into the live game? Or are you waiting for the beta to be done before you make that date?

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Gracious.4279

Gracious.4279

“Q: Where can I sign up for to help test the Edge of the Mists?
A: Any guild can sign up, regardless of whether or not they play WvW or even play Guild Wars 2. "

Yes, even if you dont play guild wars 2, you can still sign up to test it. because every1s opinion matters… not just the players who play and enjoy the game. hey, why not let people who live on the streets of NYC sign up to test!!! Im sure they will be interested and have good feedback.

This is an example of why this games developers grind my gears. They have a dream job, yet still approach it with sarcasm and childs play.

Jon Peters, where is my Hall Of Heroes?

r54 pvp | Ebay | Female Mind Games

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I was wondering if there is a expected release date for EoTM into the live game? Or are you waiting for the beta to be done before you make that date?

I don’t think it’ll arrive before the 21st of January. So they still have some time left.

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I submitted my guild’s roster over a week ago and haven’t heard back yet (yes, I’ve been checking my spam folder). Our ally guild submitted their roster the day after we submitted ours, and they received responses and began playing 3 or 4 days ago. What should I do?

Edit: I just got a seemingly automated reply saying that my roster has been received.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

I don’t think it’ll arrive before the 21st of January. So they still have some time left.

I figured it would be after 21st of January. I just wanted to know if Anet had like a ball park estimate of when it would be released. Like maybe a Month or even a specific date.

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Well, me and my guildmates just received the confirmation with our new logins and stuff.
The second mail gives us the dates of testing, but theonly problem is that it was last week.

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

I just found the invite for my guild to test Edge Of The Mists. It was sent on 12/5 and got stuck in spam folder hell, for some reason gmail wasn’t even indicating that I had a new message in there. Anyway, I am wondering if it is too late to submit the file and participate?

Edge of the Mists FAQ

in WvW

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

Huh, it seems to me that your well aware of how shallow and repetitive WvW is, that’s good, I suspected you were well aware of it, why else would you make Edge of the Mists?

It seems to me that one of the purposes of EotM is to test out ideas concerning WvW in a safe, non-balance effecting way, which can then be later introduced into WvW if it works.
I suspect that one of the core problems with WvW is that it can’t be changed easily, since there is balance and match-ups to worry about. And so even if you do know how and why it sucks, and what might be done to fix it, your hands are tied because your stuck with the system you’ve got.

Hence, Edge of the Mists.

From what little I’ve seen, it looks to be everything I wanted in a WvW experience, well designed terrain and objectives, with more focus of tactics and strategy over force in numbers.

It can’t get here soon enough. I wish I were in it.

-
PS: Could Arenanet make more videos on their youtube channel showing more of it off please? Of just people going at it. Thanks.