Edge of the Mists Testing Update (Updated 12/5)

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Still didn’t got it, QQ, me want play without queue

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Kirk Williford.2653

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

If you forgot an email address, please re-send the roster with the appropriate email addresses.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

When is the next test date? Just curious (we’re rounding up the necessary info as per the note fyi)….

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

If you forgot an email address, please re-send the roster with the appropriate email addresses.

Thanks

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

When is the next test date? Just curious (we’re rounding up the necessary info as per the note fyi)….

We haven’t announced anything for next week quite yet, but when we do I’ll be sure to post it here!

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

As another update, we’ve extended an additional 1000 guild invites as of a few hours ago.

Have your guild leaders check their inboxes!

in WvW

Posted by: Kor.5983

Kor.5983

In the spreadsheet is the third section suppose to include the two representatives listed in sections 1 & 2? I don’t want to give your sorting algorithm extra work.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

I’m a part of two guilds invited, should I submit my name/info for the roster of one guild or both?

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Are there any 500 man guilds you can join and then go to the map? Or is the access given to players that are in those guilds when the guild applied and not to guilds(so you can’t join and then automatically have access to the map)?

And when will it be “open”(to test for everyone)?

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

And when will it be “open”(to test for everyone)?

Everyone? I’d be surprised if they did that. It would be finished at that point would it not?

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I don’t think so. Would make no sense if they only allowed a small group and then said “okay finished” then release it with the tons of bugs the small group could not find. Even if they say finished the first few weeks would feel like open beta(like with everything else ArenaNet releases – we all know it already from experiences from the past). Would be better to officially call it open beta first then.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Thank you from Troll Society [Tech] for inviting us!!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

rmbr to abuse every mechanic or terrain in hopes of glitching. Better to identify and fix groundbreaking exploits early b4 it gets out on live server.

haf fun doing bad things for the greater good!

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Quick question, does it matter which character name I provide for the test? Or will I have access to all of them?

I know some test servers I’ve been on before had to copy individual characters from live, so I had to ask.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

I have to add a question too: what are we supposed to fill in under “Player’s Alias (IGN)”? Is this the nickname we give eachother, or the principal character that person uses for the test? What if we use multiple characters?

in WvW

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Hey, I have some questions, and I figured they’re better here than in the private email, so the answers can be seen by everyone.

• Do we need a different client for testing, or we already have everything inside our current version?
  • Only people in the spreadsheet has access to the map? Or everyone inside the guild? In case of “a”, is there any way for me to invite someone not in the list once the testing begins?
  • As a guild leader, can I control guildmate’s access to the map? Imagine I find someone from my guild breaking the rules or behaving improperly. Would I be able to limit his access, or kick him from my guild?
  • In the message you ask about each member choosing an alias or handle for the forum. Can you elaborate on this? Our alias is supposed to be our account name already, isn’kitten
  • In the spreadsheet, is it fine if the point of contact and the guild leader are the same person?

Thanks for the opportunity.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in WvW

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

Anyone streaming Edge of the Mists?

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Blackgate’s Team RIOT Team stream each time EoTM opens. The previous tests will be in the past broadcasts. http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv/

elite specs ruined pvp.

(edited by Renny.6571)

in WvW

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Team RIOT Team

Not sure if troll or not.... Thanks for the plug Renny. oPP also regularly streams GW2 content (veretta/got boons)!

in WvW

docMed.7692

Hey, I have some questions, and I figured they’re better here than in the private email, so the answers can be seen by everyone.

* Do we need a different client for testing, or we already have everything inside our current version?
* Only people in the spreadsheet has access to the map? Or everyone inside the guild? In case of "a", is there any way for me to invite someone not in the list once the testing begins?
* As a guild leader, can I control guildmate’s access to the map? Imagine I find someone from my guild breaking the rules or behaving improperly. Would I be able to limit his access, or kick him from my guild?
* In the message you ask about each member choosing an alias or handle for the forum. Can you elaborate on this? Our alias is supposed to be our account name already, isn’kitten
* In the spreadsheet, is it fine if the point of contact and the guild leader are the same person?

Thanks for the opportunity.

+ It’s an entirely new client.
+ Only individuals you provide in your submit list to ArenaNet. They might be open to small accomodations/corrections here and there, but it sounds pretty locked in place once you submit it. We’re all human though and consequently prone to errors, so I’d be surprised if you couldn’t get some small changes/corrections in after you submit.
+ No clue how this functions yet, but Anet seems to be quite approachable on these topics; but overall I’d recommend not inviting anyone that could possibly be a problem for your guild.
+ You have an entirely new login as well for this client. If I recall correctly, it spits out to something like [guild name] [account name] as your login. For example; RIOT docmed.####, is mine.
+ Our guild leader has been our point of contact, so I’m sure it’s fine to be one in the same.

Hope that helps.

(edited by docMed.7692)

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

docmed, do you have to relist your own if you are the representative/guild leader?

in WvW

docMed.7692

docmed, do you have to relist your own if you are the representative/guild leader?

Not sure; again, I’m not the point person and since I’m currently at work (shh, don’t tell anyone I’m forum browsing), I can’t confirm. Worse case scenario is you get added twice (I’d imagine), so I’d list yourself.

in WvW

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

It’s perfectly fine to have your name be in both the guild representative/leader slot and in the roster, too.

In regards to people in multiple guilds whom were both invited: Please include your information with ONLY ONE GUILD. This will make the process a lot easier and we’ll be able to get your credentials to you faster.

in WvW

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

Do we have a schedule of the programmed openings? or we will have to watch this thread everyday?

also in your email that you have sent,you mention a note with @yahoo.com Is it the same for yahoo.uk?

in WvW

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

We’ll be announcing a schedule soon, so stay tuned

In regards to Yahoo emails, yes, it applies to .uk as well as SBCGlobal emails.

in WvW

Posted by: Piscore.6934

Piscore.6934

NA / EU in the same Test server ?

in WvW

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

this might sound obvious to some, but is there any issue with college emails? one of my guildies only has the college email and a yahoo mail, so i figured i’d ask. he might be signing with another guild though, but i’d still like to get the info to him.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in WvW

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

I don’t believe we’ve had issues but every college email is different. You can get an email from live.com or gmail.com for free and those seem to have the least problems, tell him to try that if he’s concerned.

And yes, NA and EU testers are on the same server.

in WvW

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

alright, i’ll let him know. i told him to make one of those, but he seemed adamant :P

thanks for the reply.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in WvW

harris.7964

Alias name is the nickname we want to have for the tests isnt it?

in WvW

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

I’d like to know that as well before I make a mistake.
Is the alias your current in game name or another one you choose for the testing?

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

It is: quoting docMed:
You have an entirely new login as well for this client. If I recall correctly, it spits out to something like [guild name] [account name] as your login. For example; RIOT docmed.####, is mine.

in WvW

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

Hey everyone,

If your guild submitted a roster sheet to us, you should have received your credentials along with other juicy/very information stuff!

I’m going to channel my inner Oprah and say CHECK YOUR INBOXES!

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I don’t believe we’ve had issues but every college email is different. You can get an email from live.com or gmail.com for free and those seem to have the least problems, tell him to try that if he’s concerned.

Our instructions specifically stated it could not be a Gmail.

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

I got an email requesting me to change my account linked email at the same time as the invite. Suspicious.

in WvW

Posted by: kokuou.9537

kokuou.9537

Mine said that they were having issues with @yahoo.com email addresses, and that msn or gmail addresses should be used instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Pixi Nix.9184

Pixi Nix.9184

Once I submit the spreadsheet with my guildies names etc, is there a method to add more later?

I am trying to collect as many people as wish to participate, but this is taking time and I don’t want to hold the process up for those who have already given me their details.

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Can somebody explain the details of this new zone and the map icons?

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

I got an email requesting me to change my account linked email at the same time as the invite. Suspicious.

I got the same e-mail for changing my linked mail-address, 14 minutes after the official invite to the alpha test, after registering our guild roster.

I am using a different e-mail address for the test than for my official account, so I don’t really know. For now I’m ignoring the mail. Can one of you confirm that this is either an automated change or an attempt to hack the account? Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki.1765

Yuki.1765

Once I submit the spreadsheet with my guildies names etc, is there a method to add more later?

I am trying to collect as many people as wish to participate, but this is taking time and I don’t want to hold the process up for those who have already given me their details.

Same, I don’t want to delay the process for those ready. Its hard to manage a big guild, and to get all the required informations in 1 or 2 days, with those working, busy, etc …

Yuni Yuki n’ Co PvP r39 – WvW r962 – Necromant and Guardian !
Vizunah Spirit [VSS], Vizunah Square [FR] We’ll never surrender!

in WvW

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I’d like to know that as well before I make a mistake.
Is the alias your current in game name or another one you choose for the testing?

Same here, I would like a clear answer from ArenaNet regarding this.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

My instructions specifically said it couldn’t be yahoo. My account is tied to a yahoo email. I got replies without issue. And used my yahoo email.

The reason for the warning is because of this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Not-Getting-Our-Mails-Yahoo-Gmail-Hotmail-and-more

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

While you are waiting, if you’d like to get a good preview of mists, try doing living story stuff. The best way to describe mists is a PvE map where you can kill people.

in WvW

harris.7964

Guys,I sent you the spreadsheet,but…by accident I sent two.

I didn’t have any experience with sending excel with e-mail and I sent it as an file,with the result of the archive deleting al the email adresses.So,i took a picture of the excel,made another e-mail and resent it.

This is not a cause to be abnned right?D:

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

While you are waiting, if you’d like to get a good preview of mists, try doing living story stuff. The best way to describe mists is a PvE map where you can kill people.

That’s not accurate at all. It has no more and no less pve than current WvW maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Once.6390

Once.6390

im downloading it right now.. how much gb is it? just curious

in WvW

Posted by: Saroya Ravenwind.4896

Saroya Ravenwind.4896

im downloading it right now.. how much gb is it? just curious

~19GB – could take an hour or more to download depending on your connection speed. It took one of my guild members 3 hours.

in WvW

Posted by: Saroya Ravenwind.4896

Saroya Ravenwind.4896

It’s perfectly fine to have your name be in both the guild representative/leader slot and in the roster, too.

In regards to people in multiple guilds whom were both invited: Please include your information with ONLY ONE GUILD. This will make the process a lot easier and we’ll be able to get your credentials to you faster.

@Kirk, question: I signed up with another really large guild that I rep occasionally and then realized I should have just completed the application for my own guild. I did that, and my guild was accepted. I now need to complete and submit the spreadsheet of information requested for my guild. In the meantime, I was accepted into the testing under the other guild. I would prefer my test account forum name be preceded with MY guild’s tag, not the guild under which I was accepted. I would also prefer that if I’m wearing a tag in the test that it be my main guild’s tag. IF I submitted my own name (again) along with my guild’s spreadsheet, will it be possible to change this?

Thanks for any specific info you can give. Either way, we’re jazzed to participate, so thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I definitely did not receive any email…the latest one I have gotten was: “Now Through December 31: Purchase Gems to Receive Exclusive Gifts!”

Also, for future reference, the stickied topic in account issues is rather outdated, and may be better updated to be more precise on the proper way of submitting a ticket.

I am using a Gmail account.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

A 1000 guilds have been invited. The guild i’m in is one of the biggest active WvW guilds currently on SoR with both NA and EU coverage, and yet not invited yet.

Really makes me wonder how much RNG Anet’s selection process is.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square