Edge of the Mists Testing Update (Updated 12/5)

in WvW

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

I received the email and deleted it. A spreadsheet, really? Am I the only one feeling like in the 00’s ?

in WvW

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

I received the email and deleted it. A spreadsheet, really? Am I the only one feeling like in the 00’s ?

Maybe it’s easier for them to use Excel? Why are you nitpicking on such a small thing?

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

A 1000 guilds have been invited. The guild i’m in is one of the biggest active WvW guilds currently on SoR with both NA and EU coverage, and yet not invited yet.

Really makes me wonder how much RNG Anet’s selection process is.

It’s not RNG. They’ve been selecting specifically and with purpose.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Just wanted to share that Outlook have noreplay@guildwars2.com blacklisted by their automatic system.

I wasn’t receiving my authorization e-mails so i got suspicious and went to check my safe/blocked list where i found out that this e-mail has been moved from safe to blocked.

I’ve contacted the Outlook support guys than and turned out this e-mail got reported falsely and filtered by their system afterwards.

So now it should be clear but if you have any problems with authorization e-mails check your blocked lists specially if you’re client of those Microsoft e-mail services.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

We have today received an email that we are.

We are very excited about it.

we are now, according to the Mail, certain data of the players give out that are in the guild and want to join:

Player name, Accname, email and also the password.

If this e-mail then also right?

Because I never thought that Anet in e-mails asking for passwords

And this is the exact reason I thought it was a scam in the game when one of my guilds started asking for email – that means it has to go through a person other than those at ANET.

Um, you guys do get security, right? I am “just” computer security certified geek and I can tell you right now you are opening a huge can of mess waiting to happen.

Why can’t guilds connect in game through Anet and the email not be available to the guilds?

I guess I am asking for some real security rather than a piecemeal beta solution that I am pointing out is a disaster waiting to happen and I could get banned for just saying it?

Infract all you want, my gosh, this is more than I can take as a computer professional. Anet, please, I am respectful as anyone can possibly be, I am a veteran, and a grandmother but my heck and gone, please do something about the “email” necessity – our name and our number at the end of our names as well as the guild representing should be enough – email should not have to go through people we have most likely never met in our lives.

I trust people I meet by intuition, as do we all mature adults, but in the world of “I am not who I profess to be” internet, we must ask for some safety.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Just wanted to share that Outlook have noreplay@guildwars2.com blacklisted by their automatic system.

I wasn’t receiving my authorization e-mails so i got suspicious and went to check my safe/blocked list where i found out that this e-mail has been moved from safe to blocked.

I’ve contacted the Outlook support guys than and turned out this e-mail got reported falsely and filtered by their system afterwards.

So now it should be clear but if you have any problems with authorization e-mails check your blocked lists specially if you’re client of those Microsoft e-mail services.

Another good reason never to use emails to invite anyone to anything. In game invites are the best and most secure way to handle all future beta adventures. Please Anet, everything else is in game – you can do this too. No more email connected messes.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

im downloading it right now.. how much gb is it? just curious

~19GB – could take an hour or more to download depending on your connection speed. It took one of my guild members 3 hours.

Hope I get some details then soon, because 19GB will take some time on my side…

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Black Rose Legion on Devonas Rest has been invited. Thank You ANET! The email was in my gmail spam folder and I will be working to get the spreadsheet filled out and submitted as soon as possible.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Based off of the Livestream, the new map isn’t designed for massive zergs so having a huge WvW guild would probably not be something they are looking for.

If you have ever beta tested a game before the process isn’t new some companies go a lot farther in selecting people, and some let anyone with a email addy in.

gratz to people selected, hope you do a good job

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

While you are waiting, if you’d like to get a good preview of mists, try doing living story stuff. The best way to describe mists is a PvE map where you can kill people.

That’s not accurate at all. It has no more and no less pve than current WvW maps.

You must not have spent much time there if you believe that. The PvE aspects are one of the new key features of the new map. Either try the map, or watch the developer live stream to get a better preview.

in WvW

Posted by: Kirk Williford.2653

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

A 1000 guilds have been invited. The guild i’m in is one of the biggest active WvW guilds currently on SoR with both NA and EU coverage, and yet not invited yet.

Helioz has been invited — an email was sent to one “Green Arrow”. I suggest you tell them to check their email.

Email addresses are necessary for our process — just as how it was necessary for when you first registered your Guild Wars 2 account. You may need to add both noreply@guildwars2.com and edgeofthemists@arena.net to your safe list/contact list/etc in order to receive the essential emails you need to participate in the test.

Out of curiosity, have you had any issues after this when it comes to our emails being put into your spam/blacklist folder?

(edited by Kirk Williford.2653)

in WvW

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

We sent in our completed form saturday (for Silver Moon) any idea when we could expect to hear back from you?

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

in WvW

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

Seems like a lot of hassle to me.. why not just put it in the game, slap a [Testing] sticker on it and let people play it and give feedback. You’ll get the moaners, people who love it and somewhere in the middle there will be constructive feedback.

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

While you are waiting, if you’d like to get a good preview of mists, try doing living story stuff. The best way to describe mists is a PvE map where you can kill people.

That’s not accurate at all. It has no more and no less pve than current WvW maps.

You must not have spent much time there if you believe that. The PvE aspects are one of the new key features of the new map. Either try the map, or watch the developer live stream to get a better preview.

Well my guild was one of the first to test, so I believe I have spent an ample amount of time in it already, 10 hours or so. You do realize that in WvW we kill sentries, camps, and door guards right? Now, is there an event associated with all the pve mobs you are forced to kill in WvW? No. But it’s still PvE. Edge has just as much as normal WvW.

I think what you MEANT to say is that Edge of the mists has more buffs obtained from PvE. I could agree with that.

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Seems like a lot of hassle to me.. why not just put it in the game, slap a [Testing] sticker on it and let people play it and give feedback. You’ll get the moaners, people who love it and somewhere in the middle there will be constructive feedback.

I can explain it like this:

If they let in a small amount, large glaring issues can be cleaned up quickly. Faster than just a handful of their team could find.

As the large issues get found and cleaned up, they let more people in, to find the more specific or harder to find issues.

Then they let more people in to test how it deals with load, actual full blown play, balancing, etc.

It’s not something you want to unleash the whole world on when it still has a lot of work to be done on it. A lot of the casuals would think that it’s not good, when they fail to realize that it’s not complete yet. It could then ruin the image of the update when it finally releases.

This is the closest you’ll most likely ever get to a real test. When you go and play a Battlefield Beta, or a Call of Duty beta, they aren’t really betas. They’re allowing you access to a demo pre-release so that you’ll get pumped and buy it, and tell all your friends. At most those games are testing server load, but that’s really it. This IS a real test, and the community has been helping to find and remove problem areas.

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I submitted a roster for our guild friday night, (Thought two more for extra people who were added late), should we have gotten something by now or is it just taking a while?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

They pick a number based on a combination of properties I guess:
- gold tier servers
- silver tier servers
- bronze tier servers

- european servers
- american servers

- big guilds [200-500]
- medium guilds [50-200]
- small guilds [0-50]

I’m sure there are more criteria.

I do think that gold tier servers usually have more and bigger guilds (why they call them blob servers probably), which makes the chance for them smaller to be selected than a server like Vabbi (my server) which only has a limited number of guilds, most with 20 or less active members.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

We received a very large amount of roster sheets over the weekend and so we’re working to get through them all as fast as possible.

Thanks for your patience!

in WvW

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i know this will probably be answered once i get the email, but a few of my guildies were added through another guild’s roster (not knowing they were supposed to pick one guild to register through, they gave the info to all guilds, and i decided to save the bigger guilds the trouble), but would still like to play with the “core group” that signed under my guild.

is there a way for us to play together that doesn’t rely on blind luck?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Helioz has been invited — an email was sent to one “Green Arrow”. I suggest you tell them to check their email.

Email addresses are necessary for our process — just as how it was necessary for when you first registered your Guild Wars 2 account. You may need to add both noreply@guildwars2.com and edgeofthemists@arena.net to your safe list/contact list/etc in order to receive the essential emails you need to participate in the test.

Out of curiosity, have you had any issues after this when it comes to our emails being put into your spam/blacklist folder?

I can’t say Kirk.

Since it happened today and didn’t need to use the authorization system again.

But from an old experience i can tell you that hotmail/outlook automatic system loves to place noreplay@… e-mails to blacklist after a certain amount of false reports.

I had same problems back in my Lineage II days and back than I’ve placed their e-mail to my safe list same as i did now but it got moved to blocklist at some point and this was the explanation they gave me back than,when i contacted their support.

in WvW

Posted by: Vincesco.8340

Vincesco.8340

i know this will probably be answered once i get the email, but a few of my guildies were added through another guild’s roster (not knowing they were supposed to pick one guild to register through, they gave the info to all guilds, and i decided to save the bigger guilds the trouble), but would still like to play with the “core group” that signed under my guild.

is there a way for us to play together that doesn’t rely on blind luck?

It’s perfectly fine to have your name be in both the guild representative/leader slot and in the roster, too.

In regards to people in multiple guilds whom were both invited: Please include your information with ONLY ONE GUILD. This will make the process a lot easier and we’ll be able to get your credentials to you faster.

Kleiner K

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

How about european guilds? Prioritizing ’murica will bite you back one day…

Chuck Norris disagrees with you…..

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in WvW

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Luckily, ANet disagrees with you, because our guild was invited and we’re a European guild…

in WvW

Posted by: Requinox.3416

Requinox.3416

I just found the email with the registration list in my junk mail box
The desired deadline was yesterday. Is it too late now?
Also, can additional guild members be added to the list after the the initial registration in case I can’t get a hold of everyone?

in WvW

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Luckily, ANet disagrees with you, because our guild was invited and we’re a European guild…

At least two European guilds from Ring of Fire was invited too.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Frayta.4816

Frayta.4816

I sent one off for my guild a couple days ago, hope it goes through!

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

At least two European guilds from Ring of Fire was invited too.

Yep, i send it back at Sunday, hopefully we will get in soon.

in WvW

Posted by: NGE.1362

NGE.1362

Hello,
I’ve also sent the rooster on Sunday.
If we are not accepted we will receive an email telling that we were not accepted ?

Best Regards,
Dluis PT

Gandara – Commander
[Lusa]Dluis Pt

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I just saw the invitation in my spam folder, is there any problem if I send the spreadsheet later tooday ?

in WvW

Posted by: Vincesco.8340

Vincesco.8340

Does anyone know how big the WVW EOTM Testing Client is?

280,000 files seem huge..

Is there any chance you can use parts of the normal one?

Kleiner K

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki.1765

Yuki.1765

Does anyone know how big the WVW EOTM Testing Client is?

280,000 files seem huge..

Is there any chance you can use parts of the normal one?

well … 19 Go (and yeah arroud 280k files). start now if you want to play tonight ^^

Yuni Yuki n’ Co PvP r39 – WvW r962 – Necromant and Guardian !
Vizunah Spirit [VSS], Vizunah Square [FR] We’ll never surrender!

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I think if you stop the patcher and move over your current dat file into the testing folder it might patch the difference.

Don’t know if it will work but if it does it should save a lot of time.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

That’s a good idea Dray. You could try.

in WvW

Hule.8794

What about moving all dat files into test folder and make repair install in test installation?
Still waiting for my access co i cannot test it.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I think if you stop the patcher and move over your current dat file into the testing folder it might patch the difference.

Don’t know if it will work but if it does it should save a lot of time.

OTOH it could completely screw up and mean you’d have to do it all over again.

I’ll stick with what we’ve been told to do.

in WvW

Posted by: MegaManExpert.8413

MegaManExpert.8413

I sent my guilds roster in Sunday from a gmail address and I am wondering how far down our application is with everyone else’s application. Was wanting to get into the edge of the mist this weekend…

Proud Commander for Isle of Janthar
Laspo Yorick – Mesmer
Samson Longshanks – Warrior

in WvW

Hule.8794

MegaManExpert I send it on Sunday too, and today I got email with info that Submited aplication was taken to database, but thatdoes not mean access to beta.

in WvW

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I thought getting the mail meant you’re accepted for beta, just not which beta yet.. (since they have to set up everything for your guild first)

“Congratulations on being selected to test the new Edge of the Mists WvW map! Please follow the instructions provided for further assistance with setting up this particular account. Please note that the account used for testing the Edge of the Mists does NOT affect the account that you normally use to play Guild Wars 2 in any way, even if the e-mail address is the same. These accounts are entirely separate from one another.”

This was one of the responses I got while corresponding with arenanet (to check if the mails were legitimate)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: MegaManExpert.8413

MegaManExpert.8413

Still no e-mail for the edge of the mists, was really hoping to do things with some other IoJ people. I guess I can sit this round out for a while yet.

Proud Commander for Isle of Janthar
Laspo Yorick – Mesmer
Samson Longshanks – Warrior

in WvW

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

We’re getting ready to send a big batch of credential emails to folks in guilds that got the “Roster Received” email.

To guilds who have submitted rosters and have yet to get that email — do not worry! We have a lot of rosters to process and we will get to yours eventually. We ask for your patience and hope to have everyone in as fast as possible.

in WvW

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

OK guys,can I get a clear answer.Shall I follow the instrucitons at the “new email adress” e-mail that Aerenanet(?) sent me yes or no?

in WvW

Posted by: Devanuze.8734

Devanuze.8734

OK guys,can I get a clear answer.Shall I follow the instrucitons at the “new email adress” e-mail that Aerenanet(?) sent me yes or no?

I had this aswell. After clicking the link nothing on my side seems to have changed, still using the same email for both accounts. If your not sure, you can ask the support team for more info i assume

Moose Mickelson. Golfing at its finest

in WvW

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

Yeah.I was just looking for a faster response XDD Thanks anyway

in WvW

Posted by: Lonely Dragon.9503

Lonely Dragon.9503

I keep disconnecting all the time in Edge of the mist. Can play for maybe 3 min if im lucky

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

We had great fun in EoTM today doing just small scale roaming and exploring hidden places all the while, with a fight here and a fight there, some wins, some losses. Really worth it to play Edge of the Mists in my opinion, for the stunning visuals alone.

Looking forward to getting it the game.

One question: is the ‘WvW lobby’ something that will exist in the game or is it just for the period of the tests? We found some glitches (water disappeared at a certain point for example).

in WvW

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I am not sure about anyone else, but this has been exceedingly frustrating trying to get into the testing. It has done nothing but taken me in circles on trying to dl the client to the point to where it simply is not worth the hassle.

Edit..now having had 5 other guild members getting stuck at five different places trying to get into the test client leads me to believe that the process is overly complicated and not user friendly.

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I submitted the original survey on behalf of my guild, but another guild I am a part of got accepted into the test with me included on their roster.

I have now received an invite for my main guild (Imp – of which I am leader and contact). Reading previous responses in the thread I should not be including my details on the roster response as it will be doubling up, but there are concerns of having someone else in that place as I filled out the initial survey.

The other concern is that this is somewhat a futile endeavour anyway, as we are somewhat late with the roster. Reason being that my previous emails regarding EOTM all went through into my main inbox, so I looked no further… whereas the guild invite was for some reason treated differently and went into my spam (and I have a lot of spam, so it was not spotted until now).

Should we wait until the next wave (if there is one) to submit the roster or have we missed our shot?

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Our guild decided to not bother with the testing after we saw the spreadsheet. Giving account names of people is all that should matter, why do we need to provide email addresses when an email address is linked to each account?

Many of us use game specific email addresses for login that we do not use for any other purpose and sharing that with guildies is an un-necessary security risk.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Our guild decided to not bother with the testing after we saw the spreadsheet. Giving account names of people is all that should matter, why do we need to provide email addresses when an email address is linked to each account?

Many of us use game specific email addresses for login that we do not use for any other purpose and sharing that with guildies is an un-necessary security risk.

Do what a lot of people did, create a separate acct just for EotM testing.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma