Edge of the Mists Testing Update (Updated 12/5)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Why can’t we have a public beta (optional) of this for the vacation? Instead of being without a season and without new competitive content.

I mean giant pillars labelled “Do not touch” left there for a month aren’t my idea of new competitive content for the holliday…

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Why can’t we have a public beta (optional) of this for the vacation? Instead of being without a season and without new competitive content.

I mean giant pillars labelled “Do not touch” left there for a month aren’t my idea of new competitive content for the holliday…

Bless, you think Seasons were competitive. Kinda loses its glamour when you realize that the winner was determined by whoever got bandwagoned hardest.

More on-topic, there’s always the possibility for open betas later on.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Our guild decided to not bother with the testing after we saw the spreadsheet. Giving account names of people is all that should matter, why do we need to provide email addresses when an email address is linked to each account?

Many of us use game specific email addresses for login that we do not use for any other purpose and sharing that with guildies is an un-necessary security risk.

Do what a lot of people did, create a separate acct just for EotM testing.

That was discussed, but why should you have to. Account has a linked email that they have access too. Why should everyone have to create a special email, why should we have to then fill it all into the spreadsheet.

Bottom line, it is too much effort to provide feedback that ANET will not listen too. Look at the dec 10 class design preview. 35 pages of comments and you have to look pretty hard to find the 4 tiny changes they made, all of which probably had nothing to do with the 35 pages of discussion.

in WvW

Posted by: NEOS.9206

NEOS.9206

Today I got super excited while checking mails because there was one from the Edge of the Mists adress.

But then : “We’ve received your guild’s roster and have added it to our database.”

I´m a bit sad (^^) after waiting 8 days but i´m sure it´s going to be good soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Laiboch.4380

Laiboch.4380

I am just excited that you guys are doing actual public testing before releasing a big update like this. I hope the community gives you guys a lot of solid and constructive feedback to help make it an awesome release.

Zoe Pain [GASM]
DB Night Crew

in WvW

Posted by: Mystylaise.4673

Mystylaise.4673

Should we be concerned about the fact that we didn’t receive any roster confirmation after 10 days ? Or are you still sending email ?

in WvW

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

Should we be concerned about the fact that we didn’t receive any roster confirmation after 10 days ? Or are you still sending email ?

They are still sending emails.

in WvW

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

i have no clue if this has been answered yet.. but, im downloading the mist client right now. Can i only bring in my named toon, or can i bring in any of my toons?

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

You get an entirely new account on the test platform. You make a whole new character.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Are there going to be more testings in the coming days? Because my guild and I just received our new login infos with the dates of testing which are all already over.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

There’s a testing schedule for all of December. No worries.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Is it possibly to invite more people to the test? We have sent in our roster 2 weeks ago as a guild, but some people are interested to join. The people we originally listed already have an account and client already so wouldn’t want them to loose access by sending in a 2nd list.

Do we send the same excel spreadsheet with the names of the people already in + new ones? Do we send in a new spreadsheet containing only new people? Is it possible in general?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Our guild decided to not bother with the testing after we saw the spreadsheet. Giving account names of people is all that should matter, why do we need to provide email addresses when an email address is linked to each account?

Many of us use game specific email addresses for login that we do not use for any other purpose and sharing that with guildies is an un-necessary security risk.

Do what a lot of people did, create a separate acct just for EotM testing.

That was discussed, but why should you have to. Account has a linked email that they have access too. Why should everyone have to create a special email, why should we have to then fill it all into the spreadsheet.

Because they’re creating new accounts for people, which comes with the Mists test client. As part of the processes they have in place, it’s a requirement to link an email to a game client, just like it’s a requirement to link your Live email to your Live client.

It’s good both you and your guild are aware of the security risks of passing out your Live email, so just make a new one from gmail or something, just for Mists testing. It really is quite an opportunity you and your guild are missing.

The policies can be questioned sure, but there’s no time to change policies for a process that’s already active. They can look into that for any future public tests.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

in WvW

Posted by: Void.9542

Void.9542

I sent my guild roster last tuesday, but the latest time for sending it was at monday, and i got no answer yet, so will my guild receive invite to the test somewhen or it won’t work because of sending it too late ?

in WvW

Posted by: Aidan Schattenfell.3748

Aidan Schattenfell.3748

After almost a month of waiting:
Is there any chance to get a confirmation if our roster (sent on dec 9, 2013 – 10.44 AM CET) has been recieved?

Co-Leader/International Contact of Screaming Tigers Ultimate [ST]

Miller’s Sound

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

After almost a month of waiting:
Is there any chance to get a confirmation if our roster (sent on dec 9, 2013 – 10.44 AM CET) has been recieved?

send them a support email

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Just wondering: How many days before Elder Scrolls Online does EotM go live? It’s the first new WvW content besides the ruins fiasco.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I am mostly curious if i can acces this map without having an overflow..
I hope it will be like sanctum, only less empty.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I am mostly curious if i can acces this map without having an overflow..
I hope it will be like sanctum, only less empty.

The map can be accessed from the B window (WvW window) just like Sanctum.

The GUI for the window is also being updated, and will be more streamlined.

Also to note: Every regional server will be grouped together to fill the EotM maps (not just your server), that is their plan anyways.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Looks like the end of the EotM testing beta is upon us. Next Thursday, Jan 9th, is our last chance to do any map testing before the release of the map (no schedule on release has yet been announced, just fyi.) Was fun playing and trying to break maps with you all – see you in game!

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP