Enable gliding in Desert BL

in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

It’s technically HoT map. Can you beta test this for a few weeks (like you guys did with the field cannons a few months ago), and see whether players like it or not?

What do you guys think?

in WvW

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

It would be interesting but then I would be forced back into PVE to unlock all the gliding BS.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

It would be interesting but then I would be forced back into PVE to unlock all the gliding BS.

Which is why anet would be all for it. Anything to get people to pve is a win for them.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Not necessarily, you can play DBL if you don’t own HOT. But, unlocking gliding in DBL would be another advantage (or disadvantage depending on how you see it) for HOT owners. As a teaser though, if they added a gliding mastery to the wvw mastery line, just enough to get you off a cliff, and no fancy Arial skills like in BSF, 10+ points to master. It wouldnt matter if you owned HOT or not, and no one would have to go to pve. Limited gliding capabilities would ease fears of hacking into objectives also.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Limited gliding capabilities would ease fears of hacking into objectives also.

If you can fly into objectives its not hacking. And with gliders, fly you can.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

NO! This is a terrible idea! Yest it would be fun! But implementing it would mean they would have to re-do the whole map. And non HoT players would be at a huge disadvantage as well. I have HoT myself, but I have good friends who do not. And this would be very unfair to them.

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

according to the leak flying mount coming with xpac#2

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

according to the leak flying mount coming with xpac#2

If by flying you mean not flying, yes.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

The map was not designed for gliding. You can easily enter Firekeep, Earthkeep, Airkeep, and NET with even basic gliding.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

The map was not designed for gliding. You can easily enter Firekeep, Earthkeep, Airkeep, and NET with even basic gliding.

Ok, I’ll go pve here. Add those portals from BSF that MOA you.

Giant moa barriers along the top of all keeps and towers that are unavoidable, and they don’t just make you plummet for a few seconds MOA’ized. No, we’re talking infinite moa, so that if you land successfully anywhere in a keep or tower, you’re completely ineffectual. Oh and you’re marked, so, you’re an infinite, ineffectual, marked MOA, but you got to glide so it’s ok.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Why not just unlock gliding as WvW mastery, or even just auto unlock it

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

Not a good idea i think.
If I get a couple ppl with me, get to golem boss.
Enemy zerg enters, we just run to the edge, glide, dodge for stealth and reset later.
How long will this keep up until few threads start asking to disable it because players run away or no point with chasing them.
I already seen couple threads complaining that some classes got too much mobility etc etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

That’s a kittening awful idea.
I’m in favor.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

This would make it so non-expansion players are at a disadvantage.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

in WvW

Posted by: Irbis.4932

Irbis.4932

Elite specs say hello

in WvW

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Elite specs say hello

Yet still some vanilla builds work out fine.

How does 1 ascpect being in favor of the expansion justify an even bigger step in that direction?

That’s like saying:“Oh I broke my arm, better break my second arm too because it’ll be the same no matter if I have 1 or 2 broken arms.” The difference is huge though. Have you ever tried to wipe with 2 broken arms?

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

learn to use the haypiles if you wish to cliff jump without the happy feet air buff. I could only imagine the complaints we’d hear if gliding was enabled. Classes that can already disengage too easily will now be able to escape even easier where terrain would have previously limited them. The map is fine to traverse as it is and the perk to the map is you dont need to spec into more movement speed as long as you visit a shrine every now and then. Get familiar with the terrain and maybe you wouldn’t need such a crutch.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Both no-fly zones and NPCs that specifically target gliding players are already things that exist.

in WvW

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Here’s an idea, enable gliding on all maps, but have all objectives have anti-air turrets that shoot down any enemy players that get close. (apply disabled gliding debuff to any enemies within x distance.)

One more you can have this turret destroy-able so that destroying it can open up another element of combat.

oh and make gliding for wvw enabled by default or activated through a wvw rank perk.

in WvW

Posted by: Boris Losdindawoods.3098

Boris Losdindawoods.3098

I just want a gliding week. Like the golem week. Don’t change anything other than turning on gliding and then enjoy the chaos. That would be a good time.

While we’re at it, bring back golem week. And let golems glide during gliding week.

Big water, blast, blast, blast.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Nope.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer