Enough with the long Queue's!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: raoul.4218

raoul.4218

Waiting over 85mins to get to play a kittening game that you have BOUGHT doesn’t make any kittening sense to me!!!!!!!. Only a company like ANET would allow this, and not give a kittening kitten about it. For Christ’s sake really, all maps despite repeated queue’s over 85 kittening mins!!!!!!! If any kittening moron from this kittening organization is reading this get off your kittening kitten and find a kittening solution ASAP.

Freyja Ernouf
lvl 80 Ranger
JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

Your fairweathers are out to play. Wait till you’re back with SoR and BG.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Firstly, learn what an apostrophe is for. Secondly, transfer to a lower tier server.

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

or a better solution: move to a smaller server and stop your kittening?

There will be ques in any game that people are all trying to cram into the same place.

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

Maps have a limit. Might I suggest finding other activities in game while waiting for a queue to pop?

And since when has JQ EVER had 85 minute queues on all maps in recent history?

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

Transfer to Anvil Rock.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Move to one of your opponent server no queue

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

the queue system is extremely broken, you should not be seeing queues that long but yeah it does seem a little weird the hours we would be extremely outmanned vs BG or SoR are suddenly getting queues now that we are rolling over t2 and 3 servers. =/

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Clockradio.3257

it does seem a little weird the hours we would be extremely outmanned vs BG or SoR are suddenly getting queues now that we are rolling over t2 and 3 servers. =/

PVE map completionists, LOTS of new transfers, or an extreme case of “Fairweather Syndrome”. Only reasonable explanations.

tsym.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Burntb.7392

Burntb.7392

I think I remember what a queue is….. But here on ET we almost never see one.

I know, it’s because we are at the bottom of the ranks & many that make up the queue just want to ride the easy win gravy train. Lose a few times & meet the shrinking queue.

Eredon Terrace is my Home!

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

PVE map completionists, LOTS of new transfers, or an extreme case of “Fairweather Syndrome”. Only reasonable explanations.

Its morale/fair weather. JQ doesn’t not have a population, and they have a fairly sizable NA, its just that they disappear with about the same speed as paper keeps. The number of “hard core” WvW guilds on NA JQ is low, the population isn’t.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Clockradio.3257

Its morale/fair weather. JQ doesn’t not have a population, and they have a fairly sizable NA, its just that they disappear with about the same speed as paper keeps. The number of “hard core” WvW guilds on NA JQ is low, the population isn’t.

I would tend to agree that JQ does have a lot of WVW PLAYERS but lacks WVW GUILDS. However, I’ve guested to JQ on a number of occasions and you have a booming PVE population that is at least twice that of SoR’s! Overall, JQ is probably the most balanced server when it comes to a healthy PVE and WvW population. Not a terrible place to be for those interested in multiple aspects of the game.

tsym.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Tier 1er problems

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Waiting over 85mins to get to play a kittening game that you have BOUGHT doesn’t make any kittening sense to me!!!!!!!. Only a company like ANET would allow this, and not give a kittening kitten about it. For Christ’s sake really, all maps despite repeated queue’s over 85 kittening mins!!!!!!! If any kittening moron from this kittening organization is reading this get off your kittening kitten and find a kittening solution ASAP.

Tier 1 and tier 2 people have no basis to complain. If you do not like the queue, transfer to a lower tier. Otherwise stop whining

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Ummm… I think many are coming into WvW for map complete. Many new names and several complaints over how are they going to get this or that VP, etc…

Also, our PvE’ers are coming in for the WvW portion of the monthly. Which means poof they’ll be gone by Sunday night again

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

I would tend to agree that JQ does have a lot of WVW PLAYERS but lacks WVW GUILDS. However, I’ve guested to JQ on a number of occasions and you have a booming PVE population that is at least twice that of SoR’s! Overall, JQ is probably the most balanced server when it comes to a healthy PVE and WvW population. Not a terrible place to be for those interested in multiple aspects of the game.

I can think of at least 20 other servers with healthy pve and wvw populations, relative to their tier.

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Not sure about the time you’re trying to login, but I have not had more than a 5 minute queue in any bl or eb. Don’t forget that due to the new monthly achievements you might have a few extra people going in. i.e. Veteran Slayer, WvW Player kills, and Event participation can easily be completed in WvW. I’m already done with my monthly, but I’ll still go into WvW. The time I won’t bother much with WvW is when no keys work except for “1” key.

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

According to the nay-sayers you only need to wait a few days for WvW to finish dying. In the meantime, shift down to T3 or lower if you want to avoid the queues.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

It would be really nice to have a clue about the estimate wait time or (even better) how far are you in the queue.

in WvW

Clockradio.3257

I can think of at least 20 other servers with healthy pve and wvw populations, relative to their tier.

Right on. I was more thinking in relation to JQ/BG/SoR/TC/DB/FA, however I do understand that not everyone likes to play WvW OR PVE like it is on the more populated servers. +1 for good point.

tsym.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

What’s a queue? We don’t have these things where I come from. All joking aside, maybe you should consider moving to a less stacked server.

in WvW

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Haven’t seen a que in Anvil Rock since Oct., Nov. ish

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Your server has had a lot of people play WvW in the past. Seems more have come out for your current match. What did you really expect when you have a high population that plays WvW?

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Xabu.3754

Xabu.3754

We feel for you, bro

Sent with love from the lush Maguuma jungle.

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

It would be really nice to have a clue about the estimate wait time or (even better) how far are you in the queue.

The queues work in a very strange way. Sometimes you can be queued up first, but ended up not getting in and someone who just clicks it ends up going in… Seen it happen so I’m not sure what to say about that. Perhaps shows a number to the person who’s lining up? Like depending on which map you selected, it shows your number in the queue system? If you got #5, for the BL you’re lining up, you’ll be 5th in line to go in? This way, if you queue and saw #300, you’ll pick another BL or just go do some PVE while you wait… The number should change depending on when it’s your turn.

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well u are on jq…sooo erm i see u guys out with 50to 60 man zergs on each map. if u dont want queues then might wanna switch servers. increasing the map cap would cause servers like u to steamroll every map in less than 10 minutes, where is the fun in that?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Clockradio.3257

well u are on jq…sooo erm i see u guys out with 50to 60 man zergs on each map. if u dont want queues then might wanna switch servers. increasing the map cap would cause servers like u to steamroll every map in less than 10 minutes, where is the fun in that?

30-40 man groups would be more accurate. I’ve spent a lot of time fighting JQ, and they rarely roll with more than that outside of SEA time.

However, I do agree that increasing map caps would be a bad idea just because the maps are way too small and easy to move from point A to point B.

tsym.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

30-40 man groups would be more accurate. I’ve spent a lot of time fighting JQ, and they rarely roll with more than that outside of SEA time.

However, I do agree that increasing map caps would be a bad idea just because the maps are way too small and easy to move from point A to point B.

You faced JQ without their fairweathers. They have double those numbers out there. They magically have an eu presence now as well.

in WvW

Clockradio.3257

You faced JQ without their fairweathers. They have double those numbers out there. They magically have an eu presence now as well.

I’ve played against JQ for many, many weeks while they were still #1 and before the slipped into the #2/3 slots . I find it pretty hard to believe that they suddenly went from queuing 2 maps on NA primetime to queuing 4 maps all night. As far as the EU presence, they’ve ALWAYS had some sort of EU presence, just not one significant enough to fend off IRON and/or KISS. Not to mention that it’s still the weekend and EVERY server has an EU presence.

I believe that there are fair weather players on JQ that are suddenly playing now because they are winning by a lot, however the number is probably much smaller than you think. JQ is still a very strong WVW server, it has been since day 1. I don’t know what kind of internal issues they’ve had that made them drop the #1 spot, but that doesn’t make them any less deadly.

I’m afraid you’re just not used to the tactics that they created while they were locked in with BG and SoR for months on end.

tsym.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

blame the guilds that transferred to t1 cause they weren’t good enough to fight their way there.

If anything, Anet should decrease WVW instance caps and make it half-price/free to transfer to lower-ranked servers, since WVW is the dominant reason people transfer anyway.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Clockradio.3257

blame the guilds that transferred to t1 cause they weren’t good enough to fight their way there.

If anything, Anet should decrease WVW instance caps and make it half-price/free to transfer to lower-ranked servers, since WVW is the dominant reason people transfer anyway.

It’s not an issue of guild not being good enough to get to T1, its an issue of guilds ending up on servers where they cannot rally enough people to get together a solid WvW community. It takes an army, not a guild, to get a server to T1.

With guesting implemented, the ONLY reason anyone should HAVE to transfer is for a WvW community the size they want, be it T9 or T1.

tsym.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

There is nothing wrong with the que system. There are 24 servers in North America. You should check them out. At least 3/4’s of them have little to no ques at all.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Firstly, learn what an apostrophe is for.

Never end a sentence with a preposition

Glass houses.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

After posting last night, curious to see what the OP was referring to, I logged back in. I can answer why a couple of maps were queued a couple of hours after. Waha made a special and very early appearance. Which was awesome because I finally got to run with them! Even if it kept me up WAY late

Though we all were able to map hop BL’s. So, I really still don’t know what happened for the OP

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Tier 1 and tier 2 people have no basis to complain. If you do not like the queue, transfer to a lower tier. Otherwise stop whining

Tier 2 queues are fine other than reset night. Other than EB, you probably won’t find one longer than 10-20 minutes unless you decide to login in the middle of your servers prime time.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I think it is funny that people complain about queues in the upper tiers, then complain about skill lag in another post. The reason you have queues is to limit the number of people so that there are fewer calculations so that skill lag isn’t even worse.

The best solution is to balance the population over servers (the number of calculations grows exponentially with populations). Perhaps you could be part of your solution by moving to a lower tier. Tier 8 has no queues.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Firstly, learn what an apostrophe is for. Secondly, transfer to a lower tier server.

This.. transfer to a lower tier.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Would like a function to queue for first spot open no mater with map.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

It’s threads like these that portray tier 1 in a bad light. I don’t think every map had ques which were so long and this is an extreme case since JQ did this well in a matchup . But it could also be possible that all the PVE’rs are out for map completion.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

It’s threads like these that portray tier 1 in a bad light. I don’t think every map had ques which were so long and this is an extreme case since JQ did this well in a matchup . But it could also be possible that all the PVE’rs are out for map completion.

I have a quote from someone on SoR saying that they don’t have a queue on all 4 BLs during all primetimes on a Tuesday night, and that’s why the recruited more guilds.

T1 is in a bad light because it’s “T1”. In a game where winning gives you no prize, a lot of people sure like winning.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I have a quote from someone on SoR saying that they don’t have a queue on all 4 BLs during all primetimes on a Tuesday night, and that’s why the recruited more guilds.

T1 is in a bad light because it’s “T1”. In a game where winning gives you no prize, a lot of people sure like winning.

No server can Queue all 4 maps on every prime time…I don’t know about SoR but Blackgate doesn’t even queue all 4 maps during NA prime (Normally). And its no secret SoR is trying to recruit SEA/OC guilds to combat BG, just like BG would like some EU to fight SoR.

It’s funny how some many people talk bad about T1 yet we still continually get guilds and people coming here…must not be that bad…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

There is nothing wrong with the que system.

Actually there is. Mike Ferguson acknowledged it in an interview back in February after Anet had reduced map population caps briefly as a test and queues for many servers skyrocketed. Here’s the snippet …

Queues do indeed behave in a strange manner. Unfortunately, I don’t have any more news about that as it does boil down to resources. It’s a fixable problem, but we need some time from a very specialized type of programmer for that job and they’re all currently busy with other tasks.

I personally doubt they ever fixed it, as the issue was greatly reduced when they raised the map caps back to their previous sizes. It is definitely possible to be stuck in a queue far longer than one should, and anecdotal evidence says the map you queue up from, the manner in which you queue (B screen vs. a portal in LA), and moving maps while queued can all have an impact on queue length.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Tier 1 has also had people leaving a lot recently…I know we got a good sized guild few weeks back from blackgate and a new guy who just joined our guild who just transferred a few days ago and guess what? Revealed that the rumors about long queues constantly during NA are TRUE which is why he left…and skill lag

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

..and anecdotal evidence says the map you queue up from, the manner in which you queue (B screen vs. a portal in LA), and moving maps while queued can all have an impact on queue length.

Do we know which is a better route to take, or is it all up in the air?

And related back to the OP, it’s quite obvious this person is a fair weather. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t be complaining while on JQ.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

(edited by Angel.6085)

in WvW

Posted by: Boom.6148

Boom.6148

I see a lot of suggestions to just “transfer to another server” but, since it’s no longer free, who wants to transfer to a new server and discover the grass wasn’t greener or find out their new home is full of kittens and wvw just isn’t fun?

Here are a couple links that may help you resolve your long queue problems and your “but which server?” delimma .

Hello NSP, Why is this place so awesome?

Come to NSP

[BC] Black Crescent recruiting for NSP

Hope those help and hope that you able to start enjoying this game and wvw again real soon!

Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

You’d almost think it was a troll post, only there are people that dumb.
“Hey, we are ticking +600 all day long. I need to get in on this…why is the queue this long!?”

Seriously, ANet screwed over so many people by raising the population caps while there were still servers not yet full.

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

No server can Queue all 4 maps on every prime time…I don’t know about SoR but Blackgate doesn’t even queue all 4 maps during NA prime (Normally). And its no secret SoR is trying to recruit SEA/OC guilds to combat BG, just like BG would like some EU to fight SoR.

It’s funny how some many people talk bad about T1 yet we still continually get guilds and people coming here…must not be that bad…

Carter.9250:
Runamok.9638:
NA Guilds leaving from JQ to SoR for the lulz. Are you going to be the ones sitting out reset tonight because all 4 maps have completely queued coverage? Does not surprise me given the weak kitten constitution of those guilds. Winners winners chicken dinners.
-brotha

That’s actually not true, we had low covered during NA primetime in one of our borderlands.

Poster was SoR.

People want to move where it’s easy – that’s why they move to T1. When you have more people to take up your slack, IE the casuals can sit back and wait for the hardcore guilds to provide a big lead, they start to play more. Where if you have a server with almost no hardcores and lots of casuals, you get people packing it in on Monday.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

OP has bad RNG. The longest I queued this weekend was 20 minutes for EBG. If you can’t stand the queue, feel free to transfer so the regulars can get in quicker.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Never any queues in Anvil Rock.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Carter.9250:
Runamok.9638:
NA Guilds leaving from JQ to SoR for the lulz. Are you going to be the ones sitting out reset tonight because all 4 maps have completely queued coverage? Does not surprise me given the weak kitten constitution of those guilds. Winners winners chicken dinners.
-brotha

That’s actually not true, we had low covered during NA primetime in one of our borderlands.

Poster was SoR.

People want to move where it’s easy – that’s why they move to T1. When you have more people to take up your slack, IE the casuals can sit back and wait for the hardcore guilds to provide a big lead, they start to play more. Where if you have a server with almost no hardcores and lots of casuals, you get people packing it in on Monday.

If I remember right that post came from the match thread and should be taken lightly. There is a lot of fabricated hate in the match thread that doesn’t correctly represent the servers as a whole. Most those types of posts are meant to troll and start drama. I have played on blackgate since basically start and even now the queues are not bad. During the week maybe you’ll get a 15 minute queue on 2 BL’s and maybe EBG during the peak of NA prime. I highly doubt JQ has more numbers for higher queues than BG.

As for Casuals and “bandwagoners” all servers that hit tier 1 and did ok to good gets them. Its very true there are a lot of fair weathers that come out to experience WvW more casually, who can blame them, they just want to have fun like everyone else. Everyone has there own agenda and if that is moving servers to increase there enjoyment then power to them. This might be a good time for JQ to recruit and train from within there server and turn there PvE population more PvX. SoR did a great job with that and it really works for them.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer