EoTM Matches Being "Fixed"? *Updated*

in WvW

Posted by: Eglesia.5049

Eglesia.5049

Q:

Last night, an hour or two after reset, I decided to play some EoTM. The server, must have been the main one, because there were six commanders when I arrived.

Anyways, I am running around with this Super Zerg. When the commander mentions something about being in a party with a BadLands Commander, via Map Chat. (I’ll post a picture, redacted of names, below).

I read on the forums, about people doing this. I looked up the Rules of Conduct with regards to what the legality might be.

*22While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

So my questions are:
1) Do you(Arena-Net) want us to report people for match fixing? (If so)
2) How do I report someone for match fixing?

Thank you, for reading this post. :-)

Updated
I sent in a ticket to Support and their replies are as follow:

Employee #1: "Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of player concerns about WvW griefing. In fact, the development team is currently reviewing WvW and assessing some of its properties to try to discourage disruptive gameplay while allowing players to gain their achievements.

World-versus-World gameplay is designed for everyone, and we do not want to discourage players from fighting for their world, whether they are daily players, occasional achievement hunters, or people who are completely new to the format. The team will continue to look at possible improvements for the future. We don’t have a timeframe for any changes that may take place in the future, but we wanted you to know that this subject is a point of discussion and consideration amongst the devs. "
~~
For further clarification, I asked based on the letter of the law.
~~
Employee #2: "Thank you for getting back to us.

We strongly recommend to avoid being on the same party since it will affect the overall experience of WvW and Edge of the Mist. It can also be considered a rule violation due to possible match manipulation. We certainly do not encourage this type of behavior and encourage any user to avoid and report other users with bad intentions.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us again if you need further assistance."

Arena-Net has spoken.

Attachments:

(edited by Eglesia.5049)

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Yes they do, especially in game. Mail the screencap to A.Net and be done with it.

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

You mean ktrains intentionally try to avoid fighting players? gasp

in WvW

Posted by: Moersel.1320

Moersel.1320

Thank god that EotM is Player-vs-Door and not Player-vs-Player, so he is not breaking any rules.

in WvW

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

How dare they try to karma train more effectively on a map that is now essentially only karma train?! pls ban.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

This isn’t anything new, bannable (since WvW isn’t technically PvP) or that horrid. There are plenty of WvW options outside of EotM and obviously a majority of the players who enter EotM want to ktrain, otherwise there wouldn’t be massive zergs flocking to the ktrains and leaving when ktrains aren’t happening. The few people who want to defend are in the minority but cry, kitten and moan too much to ever accept that.

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

lots of times the comanders talk to each other to avoid fights and do karma trains only
that is the reason that tsose ppl qq in the foroum awhen guilds go to raid there
cose guilds dont care about karma…only for lootbags

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Well since it is a PvP area, that could be considered fixing the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

EU don’t have this kind of problems. Must be some kind of NA thing.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Perhaps there is a problem with the game format if it is considered more beneficial for most of the player base for information to be given to the enemy leadership.

Honestly, though, there’s nothing you can do to stop this until it becomes more favorable to be secretive. Case-by-case subjectivity will spark wide outrage, and people will just silently/secretly command with the other commander in party. (“My friend has another friend in the other side” incriminates nobody, and you can claim you got the information involuntarily).

This, and fixing the massive population disparity between Green-Blue-Red every week would be a good first step. Maybe they can fix this after they address GvG, Coverage Wars II/Oceanic PPT, WvW map completion/server color variety, Skyhammer/Spirit Watch in PvP, and leaderboard/matchmaking/5v4 in PvP.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

in WvW

Posted by: Jarrix.8234

Jarrix.8234

All I see is a lot of kitten BG players.

Kayku
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

actual also EU have this problem…
many times comaner have say “i talk to other comanders and we deside to do karma train”

the only that can stop this is organise guild raids there

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Please email this to the developers using the game inbuilt reporting tools. I am afraid you will just end up infracted here and this thread, like all the other threads which discuss others using exploits, will be deleted.

I hope Arenenat would issue official reply soon. This has been going on way too long time and many players have farmed their WXP ranks + tons of gold in EotM.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Tons of gold? Good one. Haven’t got tons of gold and maybe only about 1200 ranks in EotM. Anet should start to think some kind of EotM reward track (for example cool looking ascended gear sets and weapons. ) and some kind of EotM match statistics so we know who kill most enemies and who get lot’s of karma in match. EotM is most popular and best PvP game mode and deserve some support.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Tons of gold? Good one. Haven’t got tons of gold and maybe only about 1200 ranks in EotM. Anet should start to think some kind of EotM reward track (for example cool looking ascended gear sets and weapons. ) and some kind of EotM match statistics so we know who kill most enemies and who get lot’s of karma in match. EotM is most popular and best PvP game mode and deserve some support.

ye and i want an +% karma traitline for this kitten useless wxp pointz^^

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I can’t get over the fact that someone actually cares about points in eotm.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

EotM is designated as a WvW zone, not SPvP. As has been said throughout Season2, “match fixing” language specific to SPvP does not apply to WvW: (please see NA T1 “win trading” throughout Season 2-Tournament for examples of what is allowed.) Since a precedent for match fixing has already been set for WvW during Tournament, assume that will be the guiding rule for EotM.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

*22While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

According to the rules above, avoiding fights is match manipulation ONLY if you are trying to influence the outcome of that match (rankings or ratings don’t apply to EOTM since there is no ladder). People in EOTM do not care about the outcome of the match (a.k.a. who wins) because it is irrelevant and therefore do not try to fix the fight so that one side wins at the end of the 3h, they just want to cooperate and farm. Therefore it is not match manipulation as per the definition provided. ANet knows this and that is why no measure has been taken against it.

You are also forbidden to leech, meaning you cannot sit in one spot and do nothing and then obtain the gains at the end of the round. This cannot apply to EOTM because there are no gains at the end of the round.

There you go. You may not like it, but it is how it is. Report all you want, it is not a breach of the rules and it will be funny when you get banned for false reporting.

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

http://www.reddit.com/r/guildrecruitment/comments/2cvpk3/fotm_farmers_of_the_mists_eu_new/

sure you dont.

in WvW

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

If Anet don’t want people to karma train EotM then they should make it so it’s not so poorly designed for PvP.

They’re the developers, they created this problem by giving everyone a map where the only fun activity is karma training. The idea that they’d ban people for trying to optimise their time in this game mode is madness – fix it, ignore it, whatever – anyone who’s looking for mass PvP is playing real WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Snakesteeth.5043

Snakesteeth.5043

lol i actually had a person in zerg say yesterday that they were in a party with fr an they were leading them to us intentionally because the com wasnt ktraining an that useless coms should be wiped…

in WvW

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

If Anet don’t want people to karma train EotM then they should make it so it’s not so poorly designed for PvP.

They’re the developers, they created this problem by giving everyone a map where the only rewarding activity is karma training. The idea that they’d ban people for trying to optimise their time in this game mode is madness – fix it, ignore it, whatever – anyone who’s looking for mass PvP is playing real WvW.

FIFY.

in WvW

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

They’re the developers, they created this problem by giving everyone a map where the only rewarding activity is karma training. The idea that they’d ban people for trying to optimise their time in this game mode is madness – fix it, ignore it, whatever – anyone who’s looking for mass PvP is playing real WvW.

FIFY.

Fair point

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I honestly am barking at both sides of this debate. Because both sides are completely inflexible and want absolutes. GW2 should be inclusive and the Dev’s better get this into their heads. What EotM needs is layer choices!!!! This way we can simply jump from layers that are offensive to layers that are more Defensive. We need choice and options, not forced designs.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.