Eredon Terrace Empty

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Frostistix.2541

Frostistix.2541

Lately we’ve dropped several ranks on the WvW Leaderboards and many of our guild have transferred. There are basically 2 guilds left on our server (sorry if there are others) and we have little presence on the maps. Is there anything Anet wants to do to help this issue?

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Welcome to WvW >.>

Sadly it’s how it is when guilds are paid to move, and servers want to be stacked and do everything they can to do so, even to move to another server and take it over and pay more guilds to move there.

ugh
Sadly there’s not really anything Anet can do, except that it’s likely new accounts will be added to ET over others, but idk if the system gives preference like that

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Why is it every time something like this happens people act like oh Anet has to fix it, this is a player driven problem, and can be fixed with player driven action. Anet is not here to hold your hand, and what do you expect them to do? Force people to your server? Force enemy servers not to hit you? Come on now be serious. I’ve been in your position, its unfortunate anytime it happens.

If you care about helping your server try recruiting, try getting pve’ers interested in wvw, have training sessions etc etc. Stop automatically asking anet to cater to your needs because their ideas cover all of wvw not just your server.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Why is it every time something like this happens people act like oh Anet has to fix it, this is a player driven problem, and can be fixed with player driven action. Anet is not here to hold your hand, and what do you expect them to do? Force people to your server? Force enemy servers not to hit you? Come on now be serious. I’ve been in your position, its unfortunate anytime it happens.

If you care about helping your server try recruiting, try getting pve’ers interested in wvw, have training sessions etc etc. Stop automatically asking anet to cater to your needs because their ideas cover all of wvw not just your server.

Yep, now just wish their ideas wouldn’t just be in the interest of t1/2…

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Some big guild could make a project of that server. Its existing players have tons of heart and do a boatload with very little. Quite the scrappy crew.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Some big guild could make a project of that server. Its existing players have tons of heart and do a boatload with very little. Quite the scrappy crew.

If I could, I’d sell an entire server worth of guilds… in fact, I’d pay to have them taken.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Population: Very High
doesn’t look that empty. anet has to come clean and explain >:)

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Too many servers now based on player base. When the game came out it was fine.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

You know if any guild were to actually come it would only be to recruit your players and then transfer back to a higher tier.

Any rebuilding will have to be done internally.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

Would prefer those with the superb server building advice to actually play on ET for any significant period of time.

Ev
[SQD]

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

It’s very simple.
WvW population is constantly decreasing. More and more servers will be reaching the threshold where the left-over population cannot find desired action. Then they transfer to other servers.

Ultimately you will see more and more empty WvW servers. This is inevitable.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Would prefer those with the superb server building advice to actually play on ET for any significant period of time.

Server building isn’t something a single person can do. It’s like building a guild, but more difficult. Every guild on the server needs a singular goal that is unanimously agreed to, whether it be a raiding schedule, glicko gain (or stopping glicko bleed), or a certain rank you want to achieve.

When I was on ET last year, just before the small bandwagon that boosted ET up to high Bronze tier, I saw the problems in ET were extremely deep rooted, with little to no guilds actually working together, or even communicating, with a lot of people I spoke to complaining about other guilds on the server being toxic towards each other and such (guild X complaining about guild Y, who complained about guild Z, who complained about both guild X and Y, it was… sad.).

I don’t think anyone can come into ET to perform a miracle. It needs to be done internally. Drop back down to rank 24 and reconsolidate your WvW player base with clear goals in mind for the whole server. That would be my advice.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Thing is ET has tried rebuilding several times before, and failed several times. I’ve been on every single exodus, every single rise and its always the same. The main reason always is Internal drama and/or lack of fights. This time though a big portion of “veterans” have transferred off, so i’m hoping for a new structure of ET WvW.

Although having a “Very high population” certainly doesn’t help, thats prolly the only thing you can complain about, a server transfer cost that actually represents the server’s WvW status

Also at Frost if you want to help, check the community website, several of us are trying to get the rebuilding business going.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

(edited by skyhawk.5149)

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Careful what you wish. Big guilds that come to make projects of servers will leave as soon as upward progress stalls, leaving your server with the same population as you have now but in a higher tier.

Ideally you want to recruit from your own server but Anet totally destroyed that ability by removing all traces of servers in PvE. (Remember going to LA for help or for massive golem rushes?)

You’ll have to settle for recruiting guilds that want a “permanent” new home and server community, but still, once a guild leaves one server, it’s extremely likely they’ll leave again.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Careful what you wish. Big guilds that come to make projects of servers will leave as soon as upward progress stalls, leaving your server with the same population as you have now but in a higher tier.

or less population because they ‘steal’ some that were already on the server… End of season 2 taught that for mine >.>

Ideally you want to recruit from your own server but Anet totally destroyed that ability by removing all traces of servers in PvE. (Remember going to LA for help or for massive golem rushes?)

You’ll have to settle for recruiting guilds that want a “permanent” new home and server community, but still, once a guild leaves one server, it’s extremely likely they’ll leave again.

Yep, even if you pay for that guild to move, or have them contribute some to move in a matching gold for gold or something, they are just as likely to leave when things either aren’t as they expect, or get a better offer elsewhere. Or you could find out they are toxic afterwards.

Of course, you could also not do a thing and a ‘group’ could decide to move and ‘save’ your server or ‘come for the community’ and stay to turn everything upside down for the very thing supposedly came for… But, I digress…

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

That was basically Kaineng 2 years ago, what took place probably won’t be duplicated again.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Dano.5298

Server building isn’t something a single person can do. It’s like building a guild, but more difficult. Every guild on the server needs a singular goal that is unanimously agreed to, whether it be a raiding schedule, glicko gain (or stopping glicko bleed), or a certain rank you want to achieve.

When I was on ET last year, just before the small bandwagon that boosted ET up to high Bronze tier, I saw the problems in ET were extremely deep rooted, with little to no guilds actually working together, or even communicating, with a lot of people I spoke to complaining about other guilds on the server being toxic towards each other and such (guild X complaining about guild Y, who complained about guild Z, who complained about both guild X and Y, it was… sad.).

I don’t think anyone can come into ET to perform a miracle. It needs to be done internally. Drop back down to rank 24 and reconsolidate your WvW player base with clear goals in mind for the whole server. That would be my advice.

Don’t cha think it maybe has something to do with population imbalance? So even when transfers come in, we move from like 6 commanders to like 7, which percentage wise is a good boost but still puts too much pressure on everyone. Inevitably that frustrates ppl.

Ev
[SQD]

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

If it wasn’t for some paying for multiple guilds to move so their server can have more people than the enemy, WvW may have balanced out better over time. With the way things have been, buying guilds, etc., that won’t happen now.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Don’t cha think it maybe has something to do with population imbalance? So even when transfers come in, we move from like 6 commanders to like 7, which percentage wise is a good boost but still puts too much pressure on everyone. Inevitably that frustrates ppl.

It is not. From what I observed when I was there (when ET was ranked 24, just like now), ET simply lacked organisation, not numbers. Whenever I persuaded 1 person to tag up on teamspeak, just a few minutes later, there would be a small 10-15 man zerg formed up, enough to counter any zerg from your opponents. When I was exploring around on the map (EBG mainly), I would see multiple 2-5 man groups wandering around with no focus. This isn’t population imbalance. It’s the lack of a charismatic commander or guild to bring everyone together onto voice comms and form a large zerg, which you have enough numbers to do.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It is not. From what I observed when I was there (when ET was ranked 24, just like now), ET simply lacked organisation, not numbers. Whenever I persuaded 1 person to tag up on teamspeak, just a few minutes later, there would be a small 10-15 man zerg formed up, enough to counter any zerg from your opponents. When I was exploring around on the map (EBG mainly), I would see multiple 2-5 man groups wandering around with no focus. This isn’t population imbalance. It’s the lack of a charismatic commander or guild to bring everyone together onto voice comms and form a large zerg, which you have enough numbers to do.

Things change though. ET lost a lot of guilds, so they did in fact lose #’s.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Reverence.6915

They probably lost as many as they gained through their small bandwagon

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

They probably lost as many as they gained through their small bandwagon

perhaps, although I do know some of the long time people that called it home have moved, but beyond that, well… I’m not there to know for sure, and it wouldn’t be one of the servers I’d myself be looking at, but so many servers that have been at the very bottom came back up after a while.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Lately we’ve dropped several ranks on the WvW Leaderboards and many of our guild have transferred. There are basically 2 guilds left on our server (sorry if there are others) and we have little presence on the maps. Is there anything Anet wants to do to help this issue?

Are you implying that this is in any way Anet’s responsibility to do something about players making a conscious decision to go to another server? Because it is 100% not.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Dano.5298

See thats where I disagree. I totally appreciate your point, I mean I am a driver for a pretty dang solid guild that is very organized and I know what organization can do for a guild and for a server. The thing is, saying we don’t have enough organization or a charismatic enough leaders is still in and of itself a population issue. Its sort of like a “willing people” population issue. A lot of ppl who stayed on ET for ever now do so because they are roamers and enjoy being able to take stuff and get small scale fights. IMO you can’t just suddenly ask or expect those people to get in raid builds and zerg it up. See what I mean?

Its kinda like a time a commander told me that ET could win ppt if essentially everyone just played more. Sure, if everyone played an extra hour of WvW a day it would help, but thats still a population issue against ET. Also, where ET really struggles ppt wise is during the harsh off hours times where there can literally be 1-2 on across all maps. So sure, if we could get ppl to play during those hours, yep! we’d have better ppt! Those harsh off-hour times are sort of rare but there is just noone to take anything back. BTW, its not like other servers don’t have roamers just doing their thing. Its just that those servers also have more leaders and capping folks.

BTW, I’m not asking or expecting ANET to come swoop in and help ET.

Ev
[SQD]

(edited by Dano.5298)

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Welcome to WvW >.>

Sadly it’s how it is when guilds are paid to move, and servers want to be stacked and do everything they can to do so, even to move to another server and take it over and pay more guilds to move there.

ugh
Sadly there’s not really anything Anet can do, except that it’s likely new accounts will be added to ET over others, but idk if the system gives preference like that

False, Anet can do a LOT OF THING to encourage transfers or changing the server vs server system in a more fluid faction wars.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Welcome to WvW >.>

ugh

False, Anet can do a LOT OF THING to encourage transfers or changing the server vs server system in a more fluid faction wars.

Not really now. Anything they do will either not work, or will severely disrupt communities. Of course players themselves do that now when they move multiple guilds/most of a server. What incentive could be given to get people to spread out at this point, without encouraging eotm ktrain style, and without re-encouraging server stacking?

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

And a lot of those things have been discussed and argued for and against many times. Here is the thing: There is not a really viable way to give those that want to be in T1/T2 what they enjoy, while giving those that want to be in t5/t6/7 what they enjoy, all under the same rules and maps.

I don’t want 24/7 blobs everywhere, and shouldn’t be told ‘ppt or get out’ but both basically happen. Granted even upper tiers blobs aren’t 24/7 I don’t think? but the point is, often it is very blobby in the upper tiers, and rarely is in the lower. Occasional large fights are fun, but if I can’t even take a camp with some friends without being zerged down, I’m not going to have fun.

If I can only ‘roam’ with 15 people or more (and I do not consider 15 people a roaming group), then I might as well just follow the tag and pick people off when they do fight, they are one and the same to me.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Many servers are in this state, maybe its not a severe as ET but they are well on their way if not already there.

There are plenty of good suggestions in the “Population” Thread here in the WvW forums that I think we need to encourage. Its is not always about the server being classified as full, sometimes the server is just undesirable because of the lack of player base. Without that player base people don’t move because who wants to be stuck in no mans land all alone. Its a vicious cycle, unless one of the bottom servers is chosen as a bandwagon it is near impossible for them to go anywhere. Besides that, it’s not just T8 suffering, half the Tiers in NA are suffering from boredom.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

And a lot of those things have been discussed and argued for and against many times. Here is the thing: There is not a really viable way to give those that want to be in T1/T2 what they enjoy, while giving those that want to be in t5/t6/7 what they enjoy, all under the same rules and maps.

I don’t want 24/7 blobs everywhere, and shouldn’t be told ‘ppt or get out’ but both basically happen. Granted even upper tiers blobs aren’t 24/7 I don’t think? but the point is, often it is very blobby in the upper tiers, and rarely is in the lower. Occasional large fights are fun, but if I can’t even take a camp with some friends without being zerged down, I’m not going to have fun.

If I can only ‘roam’ with 15 people or more (and I do not consider 15 people a roaming group), then I might as well just follow the tag and pick people off when they do fight, they are one and the same to me.

OMG. I’m getting so sick of hearing this. T1 does not have blobs on 24/7! Spend $10 or $20 bucks. Buy an account and get on a T1 server. I started playing again a few months ago, and back then, there wasn’t even a group in TS prime time except for reset. More people have come back but there’s still aren’t blobs on every map 24/7. No one is forcing you to run with the zerg. There are 3 other maps kitten . EB is a roamers paradise. There are lots of single party groups on the map to fight. If you see orange swords, don’t go there.

Sigh, you’re getting under my skin.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Well it’s mutual, and sure T1 isn’t 24/7 blobbing and I said I didn’t think it was? Whatever though… But no I’m not targeting you and trying to be argumentative, we just do not agree on a lot.

edit: Additionally, just as some think T1 is just like EotM, others keep saying everything below T3 is dead and no one plays there so….
And apart from these factors, we’d probably not have nearly as much disagreement. For example, if we were on same server, we just don’t agree on what is enjoyable. You say you’ve been on BG, and my experience has been from basically t6 to t3, to t5, back to t3, and unfortunately, I don’t like it. Miss the HoD I knew before but oh well.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Sadly it happens time and again (I’m on a small wvw server too). Someone decides to transfer to low tier and create a “zerg busting elite wvw guild.” Stays long enough to get solid numbers, earns the trust of their server, then suddenly decides to transfer away for more action, more fights, better wvw experience, etc… Taking with them several experienced players, leaving the server they were “saving” in a worse state (leading them up a few ranks, then abandoning ship). My spidey sense says it’s happening again on my server, but time will tell.

Best of luck to you in ET. Aside from trying to buy guilds… Mostly what these low tier servers need are people willing to step up and tag up. Even if you aren’t experienced with fights, just having a tag gives people a little more security and hope.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Dano.5298

One thing I’d like to see is perhaps another scoring method implemented into WvW. You can keep the one we have, but perhaps we can also have maybe a K/D ratio or some kind of nifty thing like that. I’m sure many people can get creative with that.

Perhaps that would make it so people can see, yeah maybe ET loses terribly when it comes to coverage wars, but you know what?! they do decent here or there, etc. It would make it a lot less “dire” which always cracks me up cause ppt is just such a waste of time to stress about in the long run.

Ev
[SQD]

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

T8 is generally empty and boring especially in off hours (EU, SEA, OC) when I play. It wasn’t this empty in the same tier more than a year ago. ET was pretty active in NA last week but only lasted for a few hours. DR and SF might have less than 15 total players running around loosely in all maps at one time in off hours but I rarely see groups of ET.

Being with DR for so long and taking long breaks in between. Before some of our old and new big wvw guilds transferred to SoS, FA, or TC, I had the pleasure to play as high as T3 due to the bandwagon. It was too blobby and not fun in the higher tiers and the NA time queues were not fun. I think the sweet spot for me is T5/T6 if there are no bandwagon servers stuck in those tiers during the seasons like GoM and DR last year.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

Our numbers did take a HUGE hit, but it seems that most of those that stuck around have more than enough ‘heart’ and drive to keep it going.
People will do what they feel they should be, or want to be, doing, and that’s exactly the way it should be, one can just hope for the best one way or another.

Weather the storm and wait for the light.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Welcome to WvW >.>

ugh

I just want to point out that none of the ET guilds were paid to move to NSP. In fact, ET approached NSP about transferring there due to NSP’s strong community-oriented approach. NSP has no aspirations to become a super-server or a bandwagon. We picked up something like 5 or 6 guilds from a low-tier server with a diminishing community. It was the decision of the ET guilds themselves, as they decided it would better their playing experience. They are all welcome additions to our community, but I must stress that none of this was due to NSP “seeking out” or “buying” guilds, nor trying to bolster our population to compete with higher tiers. We are a community-focused server, which attracted some like-minded groups of people who wanted to join the community.

I do agree that purchasing guilds and server stacking is unhealthy for the game. This, however, is not that.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Welcome to WvW >.>

ugh

I just want to point out that none of the ET guilds were paid to move to NSP. In fact, ET approached NSP about transferring there due to NSP’s strong community-oriented approach. NSP has no aspirations to become a super-server or a bandwagon. We picked up something like 5 or 6 guilds from a low-tier server with a diminishing community. It was the decision of the ET guilds themselves, as they decided it would better their playing experience. They are all welcome additions to our community, but I must stress that none of this was due to NSP “seeking out” or “buying” guilds, nor trying to bolster our population to compete with higher tiers. We are a community-focused server, which attracted some like-minded groups of people who wanted to join the community.

I do agree that purchasing guilds and server stacking is unhealthy for the game. This, however, is not that.

Yeah, I’d have no idea on that situation, but really none of it is really healthy for wvw or the game. Of course, don’t even have to buy guilds to have half of a server move to yours and turn the community upside down and lots of political doublespeak. like…. the hod situation >.>

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

ET is fine if you like to fight other players. Alot of WvW folks really don’t like doing that so its not for them.

Really does not take much to do fine at that tier, 5-10 organized people can get some really good fights and roll double-tripple etc numbers back into hiding behind walls or wipe them.

If the question is whats wrong with ET…. my answer is nothing and I wonder whats wrong with you? With lower number fights it really comes more down to skill then zerg fest where all you do is toss skills into a mass of bodies, I find that play unrewarding.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: deepriver.5148

deepriver.5148

I’d really prefer that a large guild please not come to ET to make it their “project” as it has been suggested. We have a significantly tenured community there that you will either enjoy or not enjoy, but many who have tried to alter its character significantly have not really been successful. I do not speak for the server, but that has been my experience there and it has always been a positive one. Like anything else, there are ups and downs. In my experience, anyone who comes to ET and respects us we have welcomed with open arms and we stick up for each other, in an unfriendly fashion if necessary.

(edited by deepriver.5148)

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Ah I meant no harm by it, I swear!

My second account was on ET for a while and was always impressed by the chops/attitude you guys had and wanted something great for your server. Which I suppose might not be the project thing.

Apologies.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: darkwarder.3645

darkwarder.3645

T8 is generally empty and boring especially in off hours (EU, SEA, OC) when I play. It wasn’t this empty in the same tier more than a year ago. ET was pretty active in NA last week but only lasted for a few hours. DR and SF might have less than 15 total players running around loosely in all maps at one time in off hours but I rarely see groups of ET.

I think the SF wvw guilds (not that many of them) took the week off to avoid any chance of moving up to T7 and getting our butts stomped. DR typically has twice as many people in wvw as the other two servers combined in all maps, but they seem to quit after the weekend. So, this week hasn’t been alot of fun.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Retroactive.4526

Retroactive.4526

It’s been done, as has been said…..The idea that a project can be made internal or externally of ET will only frustrate everyone trying to help that server get it’s kitten together. I was from GoM of blackgate that was looking for a challenge JUST LIKE THIS. We made a difference initially. Then it happened…..The TS vs Mumble debate, pugs with no intention of ever using TS, mic’less commanders poping tags doing there own thing spreading out bodies in unorganized kittenty locations..and generally not giving a crap about the idea that ET could be much better then it was……if they would only get on the same page. Not to sound like an HC kitten about it, but a server with a HUGE wvw populate can carry on with these exact problems, low pop servers need to be VERY VERY organized……That’s not ET.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Most ET players just like to fight out in the open and are fairly good at it.

Taking things is just not that big a deal, except to get more open field fights. Defending things… ha only if we happen to already be inside otherwise naw we have open field fights to look for.

A sever that did not buy into the silly flipping and holding treadmill and just WvW for the group fights that’s ET.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

ET never recovered from the break up of the Ascension Alliance. I remember back in the early days when ET, HoD and JQ was in T1, and WvW reset everyday, ET was at medium population yet they are up there, means everyone in the server plays WvW….

old story, i know….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Bubbles.4937

Bubbles.4937

ET died because of a toxic culture full stop. There is nothing else to discuss here. Guildwars is a game which was voted the most inclusive community but it is just not existant in ET. Lets just start the server mergers and hope that the toxic few leave because they can’t beat their chests about being ET since they were T1 in the first week the game came out. Every guild that has left has done so due to some form of conflict which destroyed their sence of loyal. The no fights arguements is the nice way of excusing leaving. Ive said it before but a toxic culture will not promote growth. The guilds who come down are met with contempt and rudeness which wears then causing them to leave. #nomoreet15

ET Raider

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

I honesty didn’t see, hear, or feel much toxicity at all, and I know it when I see it, being a long time member of some of the most toxic game communities there are, (LoL as a strong example.)
But apparently there was something that caused the fallout, unless I’m as oblivious or out of the know as possible, it must’ve been something more private or hidden.
I believe the largest reason for the mass exodus was curiosity of other servers/the same fights getting stale/not enough fights/testing the water of another pond, and so on. More to do with the core/base experience than the community.
Just my thoughts on the matter though.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Dano.5298

It’s been done, as has been said…..The idea that a project can be made internal or externally of ET will only frustrate everyone trying to help that server get it’s kitten together. I was from GoM of blackgate that was looking for a challenge JUST LIKE THIS. We made a difference initially. Then it happened…..The TS vs Mumble debate, pugs with no intention of ever using TS, mic’less commanders poping tags doing there own thing spreading out bodies in unorganized kittenty locations..and generally not giving a crap about the idea that ET could be much better then it was……if they would only get on the same page. Not to sound like an HC kitten about it, but a server with a HUGE wvw populate can carry on with these exact problems, low pop servers need to be VERY VERY organized……That’s not ET.

So, I have done this in the past. I saw the need for some organization, I whispered pugs about teamspeak, we got grouped up and organized…. it was a lot of work!

In the end, we ppt’d really hard for idk 3-4 hours the couple times I did it and in the end, I just felt stupid and kinda bad lol. It just seemed like I told everyone how to play their video game and it seemed to kill some of the joy of it for those roamers who like to play their own way.

As for people who don’t get on teamspeak, its my understanding every server has a couple of those and you never know the reason for why. Maybe their game doesn’t work very well with it, etc. I’m sure again, this seems like a bigger deal on ET since our population is small. It again doesn’t say anything is inherently wrong about ET.

As for toxicity on the server, I agree with the posts above me.. there isn’t any unless its private between guilds or something. I certainly didn’t see any! I think some were kind of hinting that there might have been a troll essentially trying to keep ET low so that ET can be their low tier server or something but if one person can make that happen…. lol people have some thin skin something fierce. I definitely wanted us to move up and I never heard anything for anyone trying to stop that.

As for being a project server, I would certainly welcome a big guild to come down but I’d hope that they’d appreciate what I started this post with.. everyone plays their game their own way.. whose to say whats wrong and right.

Ev
[SQD]

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Right, because none of us have already dedicated countless hours, days weeks to do these sort of things already ….

On the flipside, the guilds left because they just want to have more people to play with and play against as well as many of their players got fed up by the time zone / PPT system. On occasions the higher tier servers openly leech of the bottom and pay for transfers.

I can tell you my old server we went up from being #24 / #23 up to steady 18-15 range, but then hit the timezone / PPT wall and had 2-3 leechers poach people. Now the server is back down to 23-24 and unless PPT / timezone system drastically changes it will stay there.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

The majority of active WvW players are consolidating in the upper to mid tiers, and leaving the lower tiers behind. Most WvW guilds simply do not enjoy being the only force relied upon to do all the work to keep a server competitive.

There are simply not enough players to keep the lower tiers populated with the kind of WvW that keeps a player’s interest long term. The game has been bleeding players, and many of those that are left leave lower tier servers seeking WvW like they experienced in the beginning.

I kind of feel a bit badly for the players left in the lower tier servers, but I myself have been a part of several server moves with my old guild looking for a WvW experience that I wanted to be a part of. Been in T5, T4, kitten, and now in T2. I found that, for me, T2 is the best all around experience.

Anet is under no obligation to fix a server’s population issues, and I really doubt there’s some magic guild in the upper tiers that is going to move to T8 to try and resuscitate the game mode for them. It’s hard enough keeping the neglected game mode alive in upper tiers. I also don’t think they are going to change up the server-based home idea, and make all of WvW into some kind of EotM-based garbage that mid to upper tier players would hate.

They also won’t merge servers with HoT coming out in hopes that it will bring back enough players to flesh out the lower ranked servers a bit. It won’t, kitten many WvW players have left those tiers already. I do think mergers are on the far horizon though in some shape or form.

Eredon Terrace Empty

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

If a merger turns it into the likes of t1/2/3, then as said many times and will keep saying nty nty nty. Part of the very reason the upper tiers have issues is because of the way business as usual has been done. The very thing that certain people are continuing to try to do. The consolidation of people through ‘buying guilds’ etc., has directly and indirectly led to the current situation. Of course there’s a myriad other factors, but regardless, this is just sealing it’s fate, likely going to lead to a loss of servers eventually in a new system. Won’t that be fun? (insert lots of sarcasm in prior statement, but then again, the current system is so messed up, what will it matter?)