Everyone should have a runspeed signet

in WvW

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

It is hilarious atm. As a Warrior, I can only watch as the legions of Thieves/Elementalists on my team speed off towards the objective and DPS everything down before I can get there.

Now, I know I can waste my ELITE skill and keep up, but should I have to? Plus, even with 30% Boon duration there is still a downtime to Signet of Rage.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

It is hilarious atm. As a Warrior, I can only watch as the legions of Thieves/Elementalists on my team speed off towards the objective and DPS everything down before I can get there.

Now, I know I can waste my ELITE skill and keep up, but should I have to? Plus, even with 30% Boon duration there is still a downtime to Signet of Rage.

Warriors have two mobility skills on their greatsword, and one on their sword. Swiftness on their war horn. Not sure what else they have, but you can use a banner to keep swiftness up.

In my experience, Mesmers have it the worst in terms of mobility. One weapon that gives swiftness, 2 skills that can potentially give swiftness. Not sure what else they have.

I guess my point is, of classes that might need more mobility, I don’t think warriors are one of them.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Warriors are the fastest class in the game as far as getting from point A to point B.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

Sure we can be.

But it forces us into specing for 30% Boon Duration. It forces us to use Signet of Rage. It forces us to carry a Warhorn.

Meanwhile the classes with runspeed signets can just alternate a skill slot.

No-one else sees the problem here?

Do you even lift, bro?

in WvW

Posted by: Thenoob.1480

Thenoob.1480

As soon as engineers get passives as well.

Fun Police – Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ajm.2931

ajm.2931

Sure we can be.

But it forces us into specing for 30% Boon Duration. It forces us to use Signet of Rage. It forces us to carry a Warhorn.

Meanwhile the classes with runspeed signets can just alternate a skill slot.

No-one else sees the problem here?

That word, I don’t think it means what you think it means.

kidding aside, you can weapon swap to a warhorn if you want it and swap to another if you don’t, mid-combat even. I honestly don’t see the problem there.

Obic – Tarnished Coast
Yak Cultist and follower of the Great Golem God

in WvW

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Warriors, Mesmers, and Guardians should also all have easy access to personal 100% Swiftness like the Engineer, or 25% passive movement like the rest of the Professions.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I am okay with Warriors, Guardians, Engineers and Mesmers not having speed boost utility signets. IMHO, Necromancer, Elementalist, Thief and Ranger fill scout options well enough.

Either way the 25% speed boost can’t push you past the 33% hard cap so even with Swiftness they’re not going faster than you. It just means that they have to press one less button when scouting.

My guardian is able to outrun thieves relatively consistently when I feel like playing my greatsword build. Leap of Faith covers more distance in less time than regular movement can.

I’m sure that Warriors have something similar.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

And whole problem is that your guild mates wont give you swiftness.
For example in my guild- we stack on one place, 2x ele will have staff and make that long swiftness with earth 2 and air 5, followed by air 4, swap to D/D, air 3 for swiftnes and water 4 for swiftnes, now we got more that minute of swiftness. We split to groups of 2 and every group stack on their Ele for whole time.
This is team play, this will give even warrior swiftness for a long time. Why cant you do it?

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

I love how you’re all just scoffing at the problem I posted about, then go on about how to circumvent said problem.

Wouldn’t it be that much easier to just give everyone 25% runspeed signet? Honestly?

Do you even lift, bro?

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I’ll be perfectly honest, one of the main reasons I switched to a thief main is ez mode non-combat speed for the often mundane task of rapid response to threats, scouting, and generally doing a lot of walking.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

because no warrior worth his salt is going to use a 25% runspeed signet.

Its simply a false choice, a warrior is plenty fast without it, essentially its just wasting a utility slot.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

Unlike now when we’re “wasting” Trait points, a weapon slot, an elite slot…

Do you even lift, bro?

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

And wouldnt it be nice to thiefs have same ability like warrior – 3 sec immortality?
Or maybe just give warriors rune of speed, and let thiefs wear iron armor.

in WvW

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Warriorare the fastest class on gw2 (hint: the FASTEST, not the one with the highest mobility, which is thief), sword/warhorn + GS is basically:

10 seconds of swiftness with a 20s CD
Leap from the sword with a 7s CD
a sort of leap from the #3 GS with low CD
another sort of leap from the @5 GS with a high CD
Elite skill which lasts 30s and has a 48s CD.

You sir, are basically in perma swiftenss PLUS a lot of leaps.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

btw the easiest way to cover a lot of distance as a small group is carrying 2 banners.
It’s absolutely ridiculous.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I love how you’re all just scoffing at the problem I posted about, then go on about how to circumvent said problem.

Wouldn’t it be that much easier to just give everyone 25% runspeed signet? Honestly?

I’m not scoffing at a problem, because I don’t believe that there is a problem.

As a guardian I have much better utility skills than movement speed signets. I’m also able to move faster than people with them when I need to.

I am comfortable with the current environment. If a thief or ranger wants to use a movement speed signet then that’s their choice. I probably would not use one if guardians had one, as again I have much more superior utility skill options.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Mesmer could use some help in the movement department.

Being required to use a specific rune set to not even accomplish what every other class can already do naturally is an issue.

They only have one proper swiftness skill and no gap closers.

Honestly, I think part of the issue of why Mesmer and Guardians seem so slow is that their main swiftness can’t stack on top of other forms of swiftness. I mean I know why it’s currently set up like it is, but couldn’t Anet have come up with a better solution?

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

(Perma) swiftness (33%) overwrites every classes signet skill (25%) speed boost. Warriors can easily obtain perma swiftness.

Disregarding swiftness, With everything else a warrior has going for it (amazing dps, amazing surviviability, amazing mobility, amazing crowd control, Heavy armor, The highest BASE HP) do you really think its ok to give Warriors a 25% speed boost signet?

Every class has something it lacks, and that is good. Even specced tankish warriors have good damage and mobility. Why would Anet give Juggernauts a permanent speed increase for free?

If I recall correctly Guardians are in the same boat as warriors. They just trade the high base HP for mitigation (aegis) and the plethora of healing options they get.

While mesmer does seem to be a very slow class, you should try the second effect of sword main hand 3, blink, and focus 4.

Great gap closers.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

(edited by GekoHayate.2451)

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

Warriors can easily obtain perma swiftness..

No, no we can’t. It requires sacrificing a lot, as I previously mentioned.

Disregarding swiftness, With everything else a warrior has going for it (amazing dps, amazing surviviability, amazing mobility, amazing crowd control, Heavy armor, The highest BASE HP) do you really think its ok to give Warriors a 25% speed boost signet?

They gave it to bunker D/D Elementalists… so yeah.

lol @ that

Do you even lift, bro?

in WvW

Posted by: Zgorzel.4902

Zgorzel.4902

You do know that to use that signet You actually have to put it in Your toolbar and “waste” a spot You could use for another skill?
It’s not that those classes get this speed for free.

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

Actually group speed buffs are more useful for the scenario you mention. On ele I always in between stop running so the last in the group / zerg catch up to me and use the staff swiftness buff to keep the group as compact as possible.
Same with the mesmer focus skill.
On engi I can choose to pop my elixir B and regularly throw the toolbelt version of it into the group which has a chance only to give swiftness to those affected.
On ranger I have warhorn slotted as secondary weaponset to give group swiftness as well, as soon as we approach a battle I change my secondary weapons to something more useful for the type of fight.
You can do that on warrior as well, what’s wrong with swapping weapons / skills on the fly? On engi I do this all the time, when defending or fighting a zerg in a somewhat stationary fight I use different elite and utilities so the first thing I do when running inside a structure to defend is run so far in that I get out of combat and can swap my skills / build.

in WvW

Posted by: Desterion.6407

Desterion.6407

Why on earth would we want to waste a utility slot on a 10% run speed signet? With 10 points in tools you have permanent self induced swiftness.

in WvW

Supersun.4603

While mesmer does seem to be a very slow class, you should try the second effect of sword main hand 3, blink, and focus 4.

Great gap closers.

Let me correct that. No gap closers that can be used out of combat. Not that sword 3 even works IN combat a fair amount of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Pom.9813

Pom.9813

On the mesmer topic :
illusionary leap : range 600, buggy as hell, needs a target
Blink : range 900 untraited, takes a slot, 30s cd untraited
temporal curtain : buggy (doesn’t stacks with other swiftness buffs), 10/25s uptime, worst offhand in most builds (except when you need to grab someone)
I don’t even bother with other skills since they are random

The only somewhat reliable skill here is temporal curtain, wich is buggy and useless in a group, has a crappy uptime and requires me to swap weapon before entering combat.
If I want to keep up with my warriors mates I need to slot centaur runes, and even then they go faster than me.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Warriorare the fastest class on gw2 (hint: the FASTEST, not the one with the highest mobility, which is thief), sword/warhorn + GS is basically:

10 seconds of swiftness with a 20s CD
Leap from the sword with a 7s CD
a sort of leap from the #3 GS with low CD
another sort of leap from the @5 GS with a high CD
Elite skill which lasts 30s and has a 48s CD.

You sir, are basically in perma swiftenss PLUS a lot of leaps.

bro, you forgot the bullsrush =) its hilarious how fast the warrior can go. and personally, i have extra 7% swiftness speed – huehuehue

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Thenoob.1480

Thenoob.1480

Why on earth would we want to waste a utility slot on a 10% run speed signet? With 10 points in tools you have permanent self induced swiftness.

I don’t like being forced to trait specifically for that where others simply put it in a slot. And it should come with a toolbelt special, but knowing anet that will probably suck anyways. Also having to refresh the kitten thing every 5 seconds over a 3 minute run across the map is just annoying.
The engineer is an ill conceived class, its meant to be “haha random affect so funny”, but that gets old after 10 seconds.

Fun Police – Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

God forbid classes are differentiated and some are better at certain things (like mobility!?!) compared to other classes!

God forbid groups play to each other’s strengths and help support each other’s weaknesses. While we’re at it, I want my Warrior to be able to drop portals, my Guardian should be able to stealth and my Thief should be able to summon a dragon.

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Warriors have amazing mobility with Sword/Warhorn and Greatsword. Signet of Rage + Warhorn = perma-Swiftness and you have 3 strong “leap” skills.

Please stop being such a baby and learn to play your class.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I play warrior /ranger/guardian and of those the warrior has supreme mobility. Elite skill on 48 sec cd and warhorn is enough to gain perma swiftness. A warrior have to sacrifice exactly nothing compared to guardians and ranger in particular.

Great mobility and if you find that warhorn or the elite doesnt suit your playstyle then its your priority or a l2p issue.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Warriors have amazing mobility with Sword/Warhorn and Greatsword. Signet of Rage + Warhorn = perma-Swiftness and you have 3 strong “leap” skills.

Please stop being such a baby and learn to play your class.

It’s 10 times more hilarious because he is complaining about mobility on one of the already most mobile classes in the game, and whining that he can’t match what is supposed to be THE most mobile class in the game (thieves).

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Why should warriors get everything? They already have huge DPS, fantastic CC, largest health pool, highest tier armour and now you want more?

If it is that important for you then buy 6 superior centaur runes which will give you 33 to 50% swiftness uptime depending what heal you run with – in the downtime you can use whirlwind and rush.

Thieves and Ele’s get those things because they balance out other parts of their profession being weak (e.g., our tiny health pool).

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

fantastic CC? :O

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Supersun.4603

Hammer’s pretty fantastic

in WvW

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

Seems like a waste on a Warrior,
But on a Mesmer i’m all for it!

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

fantastic CC? :O

Yes, hammer warrior’s are awesome in a group setting.
Cripple, Push, Knockdown and Stun on 1 weapon.

in WvW

Posted by: Twinklefairy.6739

Twinklefairy.6739

lol, a cry about run speed signet? really?
Learn about swiftness then laugh at them when you catch up to them and they realise that they lost a utility slot to use a signet that allows them to run 8% slower than people who use swiftness.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

Yup, hammer = fantastic CC (except against blind builds!). Ouch. :p

Anyway, personally I think the warrior does it right, and all those passive run speed sigs need to go. Well maybe the thief and ranger can keep theirs, but it has to be modified so it can’t just be switched out at the first sign of trouble. How about if the sig goes on 30-50s CD when you go to take it off? Well I don’t know about that, but something. Maybe a small debuff when it ends if the sig active is not used.

Otherwise, mobility should be a build option that any class can spec for with traits. Not an “I’ll flip this skill real quick to move and then flip it out when I get there” option. High mobility builds should be an investment, just like bunkers, GC, support, etc.

Any class should be able to do it at least adequately; not some have to switch weapons, skills, and/or traits (warrior/guardian/engineer) or god forbid runes (mesmer), while the rest just flip a passive utility in and out.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Coming soon – the 6 signet warrior!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

If the OP was a mesmer it might be legit (actually it wouldn’t, since mes is designed to be weak chasing). But pretty sure warrior is #1 or else #2 for fastest class in the game…

If everyone was hand fed everything, why make more than 1 class even?

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I think we need a little icon over the weapon slots that allows us to quickly equip (obeying all the current rules about “in combat”) any weapon in our bags.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

I’d like to see a change to make all classes run at the same speed OUT OF COMBAT.

Those with signets equipped can maintain that speed in combat, those without slow down.

I’m fine with some classes not being great at chasing, etc, but seeing your group snake out because of buggy swiftness fields, lag and differing run speeds is poor.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

There really is no reason why every class shouldn’t get a passive 25% run speed signet.
It’s kind of silly not to.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

If everyone had a 25% run speed signet then it’d be the same as if no one had one. It makes some classes special. If you want everyone moving 25% faster, might as well just make the maps smaller and everyone doesn’t have to fiddle with signet in for out of combat and signet out for in combat.

Mesmer mobility is pretty awful though. Most have to run a specific rune set to deal with it.

It would help if mesmer focus 4 and guardian staff 3 didn’t have weird stacking issues (let alone separate behaviour for each).

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

If everyone had a 25% run speed signet then it’d be the same as if no one had one. It makes some classes special. If you want everyone moving 25% faster, might as well just make the maps smaller and everyone doesn’t have to fiddle with signet in for out of combat and signet out for in combat.

Mesmer mobility is pretty awful though. Most have to run a specific rune set to deal with it.

It would help if mesmer focus 4 and guardian staff 3 didn’t have weird stacking issues (let alone separate behaviour for each).

No, if everyone had one then you’d have a choice. Do I want to sacrifice a utility skill to move faster? Instead of this, do I want to shove one particular type of runes that do not go with my build at all into my armor so I can kinda keep up?

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

(Perma) swiftness (33%) overwrites every classes signet skill (25%) speed boost. Warriors can easily obtain perma swiftness.

Every class has something it lacks, and that is good. Even specced tankish warriors have good damage and mobility. Why would Anet give Juggernauts a permanent speed increase for free?

If I recall correctly Guardians are in the same boat as warriors. They just trade the high base HP for mitigation (aegis) and the plethora of healing options they get.

Great gap closers.

Mesmer sword 3 only works reliably if you’re right next to the enemy and on flat ground. Often the clone will get stuck along the way and never reach the target so that when you switch you’re still out of range. It also requires a hostile target to use so you can’t even spam it to move faster.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Speaking as a mesmer,

No. It’s fine the way it is. Variety in terms of jukes, stealth, swiftness, and overall mobility is a key part of what sets classes apart.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

Warriors can easily obtain perma swiftness..

No, no we can’t. It requires sacrificing a lot, as I previously mentioned.

They gave it to bunker D/D Elementalists… so yeah.

lol @ that

so wait…. D/D eles have amazing dps, amazing surviviability, amazing mobility, amazing crowd control, Heavy armor, The highest BASE HP? Did you even read this?

Most bunker eles dont even use signet of air. Bunker eles have meager dps. They kill by attrition.

Eles get permanent 25% speed increase because unlike warriors, they have the lowest armor classification, and the lowest base hp.

Warriors can easily get permanent swiftness. Regardless if you have to trait for it. What you want is to have your cake and eat it too.

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

Great gap closers.

Let me correct that. No gap closers that can be used out of combat. Not that sword 3 even works IN combat a fair amount of the time.

Blink can be used out of combat….

But otherwise mesmers do have few options to close gaps outside of combat. I recognize that with the first sentence of mine that was quoted.

I’ve had very few problems with sword 3, outside it dieing before i can use the leap.

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Mesmers are arguably the slowest class out of combat.

Even Signet of Inspiration, it is only like 12.5% chance to proc swiftness. The class is stuck with using a Focus which while buffed slightly (+2 sec), leaves the class extremely slow once the buff runs out. On top of that, swiftness from Focus (Temporal Curtain) does not stack with other forms of swiftness so you often get left behind then you have the swiftness from Focus while others get their group swiftness from another source. The Focus weapon itself is also not a preferred weapon by most so the annoying task of weapon swapping is often done before entering combat.

Mesmer’s are stuck with Rune of Air (5 sec) and Rune of Centaur (10 sec). Even with Runes of Centaur, you still have a lack of speed for 5 sec.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |