Extra pips for guilds

Extra pips for guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Here is an idea to help promote Guilds. Allow a Guild to build an Aura that maybe grants a pip or two to its active WvW members while they are repping them.

Maybe even allow claimed forts and such to provide an extra pip to the guild claiming it. People would be more apt to protect something that is giving them a boost.

I know there will be other problems l can’t see but hopefully a discussion about this can help.

Extra pips for guilds

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Here is an idea to help promote Guilds. Allow a Guild to build an Aura that maybe grants a pip or two to its active WvW members while they are repping them.

Maybe even allow claimed forts and such to provide an extra pip to the guild claiming it. People would be more apt to protect something that is giving them a boost.

I know there will be other problems l can’t see but hopefully a discussion about this can help.

Auras are proximity based. You need to be near the claimed structure for them to apply. I’d worry that a pip bonus aura would encourage people to turtle in structures. How about a boost you purchase from the bartender for a bonus +1?

Extra pips for guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Didn’t think about turtles. I was hoping for something to encourage Guild participation and help Defenders a little.

I think Guilds that really put in the effort deserve something. Even the scouts who help but don’t get very much.

Extra pips for guilds

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Didn’t think about turtles. I was hoping for something to encourage Guild participation and help Defenders a little.

I think Guilds that really put in the effort deserve something. Even the scouts who help but don’t get very much.

Yeah, that’s why I suggested having the bartender sell something instead. You have to choose if you want the WxP bonus, WvW reward track bonus, or pip bonus. Gives a reason to be an active and repping member of a guild but allows you to otherwise play the game freely.

Extra pips for guilds

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Auras are proximity based. You need to be near the claimed structure for them to apply. I’d worry that a pip bonus aura would encourage people to turtle in structures. How about a boost you purchase from the bartender for a bonus +1?

A boost from the bartender for +1 pip per tick would be awesome. For very low ranked players, it could potentially double their pips per tick, which would make it very awesome for them, but for higher ranked people (or people who are on winning servers/outnumbered/anything else really), it would be small enough to not be a drastic difference.

Fully support this

Extra pips for guilds

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

Love it…1 pip per participating guildie -_-

Extra pips for guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

I don’t like the idea of making a 3rd guild boost WvW have to decide to chose from (now that rank matters again in terms of ascended availability) and would like to stick with the Aura idea of the OP.

The matter of “technically possible” might be the biggest issue here. Also, we don’t have to forget the limited number of structures that can be claimed by guilds from each server.

Playing as a guild (e.g. a min number of 3 people in party or squad), should earn you a +1 for the people playing.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Extra pips for guilds

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Ermm….

If cap 1 objective with 6+ guildies, plus one extra pip for that tick (bonus for ppt guild)
If killed 2 players with 3 guildies (max cap 5), plus one extra pip for that tick (bonus for roamers)
If killed 10 players with 15+ guildies, plus two extra pip for that tick (bonus for zerg busting)

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com