Fall WvW tourney....no lock out?!?

in WvW

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

This caught my eye " Because the World vs. World Fall Tournament 2014 will only last four weeks, we will not be enforcing these lockout periods."

This is very dangerous. I know it sucks to be locked out but you should know the risk prior to doing a transfer. This could open the door for some unsportsmanlike conduct in the tourney.

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Anet : “doesn’t matter, bought gems lol”

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Each tournament is largely a trick to get people to buy gems in exchange for some so-so rewards, so of course not. Pretty smart practice to get some extra money out of a stagnant game mode that doesn’t make money otherwise.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

There’s a lot of players who don’t care for WvWvW or the tournament and got stuck with this lockout thing from the last season. It lead to a lot of confusion and more than a handful of posts in this forum. I’m not surprised there’s no lock-out. Good riddance.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The question is: After this 1-month-tourney will we go back to the same matchups we’ve been stuck in for the last 3 months?And if so for how long until some new WvW content is released?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

There’s a lot of players who don’t care for WvWvW or the tournament and got stuck with this lockout thing from the last season. It lead to a lot of confusion and more than a handful of posts in this forum. I’m not surprised there’s no lock-out. Good riddance.

Huh. If they don’t care about WvW, they won’t care about the lockout. That makes no sense.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

alright. now spy acct can hop servers every week.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

There’s a lot of players who don’t care for WvWvW or the tournament and got stuck with this lockout thing from the last season.

If you don’t care about WvW, how does a lockout affect you?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

They don’t understand how to run a fair competition. The reward isn’t worth the price of potential queues if you decide to transfer to T1 EU, so I dunno, will that just make players transfer down while activity is low in most other tiers? I doubt it.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

There’s a lot of players who don’t care for WvWvW or the tournament and got stuck with this lockout thing from the last season.

If you don’t care about WvW, how does a lockout affect you?

What I meant by not caring is that they’re casuals to WvW; not involved in it to the extent that players in WvW guilds are. I can’t be the only one here to remember posts to this forum from such players not understanding why they’re locked out of WvW.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Yeah commercial Internets vs trolling, here is a compromise proposal
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Transfers-during-season/4320963

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!