Far Shiverpeaks proving the point

in WvW

Posted by: Exewre.2837

Exewre.2837

I love how every single day, Far Shiverpeaks cries on and on about how the French are nightcapping, blaming canadians, blaming french more population, ect.

But what they aren’t mentioning is all of their previous match ups against other servers where they did pretty much what the French are doing now. Yeah I agree the French nightcap, but so did we against all the other servers we epicly destroyed. You’re all just crying because basically they;
a) they do it better
b) they are A LOT more organzied than us.
b) they actually defend their supply cams
d) majority actually know when to stop pushing and defend (build up ect)

We are ultimately relying on simply zerging everything, then at nighttime when obviously their more ‘skilled’ core (maybe for the intent of people sleeping, i duno. but either way it’s completely fair, see ‘art of war’ for reasons why)

Stop crying, accept the fact the majority of us play like the risen and start listening to the commanders, join a proper PvP guild and HELP FSP by joining TS servers, forum posts, ect. Register on the FSP forums – join an alliance, help, co-operate with people!

Just my 2 cents.

-Disko Laoise

you guys rely on your night players to make any impact, you saw clearly what happens on the weekend when real life obligations can be halted, then comes the week and all the efforts are nullified, our overpowering lead turned to owning no points at all, …. but all is fair in love and war i suppose.

Kids, Friends, family, not staying stuck at home (sports, restaurant, nightclub), socializing, getting hours sleep back come in first before work so real time obligations seems more on the week end than the week.
this way you have time for work and gw2 during week days but you are right, what im talking about seems more important for frenchs than others. after all they are known for their “art de vivre” (way to enjoy life)

(edited by Exewre.2837)

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

When the numbers are balanced on day time 7pm Full servers vs Full servers this is what happens to [FR / Canada] Vizunah.
We do this every day against full 100% map domination with full upgraded keeps that they took overnight with the canadians in 500vs10 in night time. Tonight they will take 100% again so u still think that score is fair? Imagine if they balance the player numbers on night time.
Vizunah only wins in world vs npc vs gates, fix the game arena net…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: elvy.9085

elvy.9085

You come here to brag being ahead for 40 minutes when it is dinner time here

Who said it was lame to cap when your opponents were busy doing something else in real life :p

in WvW

kefro.9312

At weekends we can keep full overnight also like you and [FR / Canada] get beaten in the first 2 days, so your logic is incorrect

in WvW

Posted by: elvy.9085

elvy.9085

You clearley didn’t play this week-end.

Friday night Vs was ahead, then you got all map tagged during night (which is fun considering you whine for 2 weeks now cause we do it), then we reduce the gap from 10K to 7K during the day.

Anyway, it is fun, that you whine for ages about capping when other side is busy, and post right away when you are ahead for same reason.

And then we are the one who refuse reasonning :p

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Enough of this stuff. ANet has already responded to this QQ. It’s not going to change. Persistent world PvP requires that these types of things are possible. Things aren’t ever going to be fair all the time in WvW. If you want fair, sPvP is over there >>>>

(edited by Stiv.1820)

in WvW

Posted by: Zanko.9801

Zanko.9801

FS player here, loved WvW, still I don’t queue anymore because how senseless is the situation ATM.

I just think that points earned during nighttime should be scaled with a factor of 1/4 or 1/5. A game must not be something about “stay up until 6am to be competitive”, it’s a GAME. So, when such a feature is so bad designed (It’s not really VS fault, they try to win, nor Canadians or whatsoever is on at night, cause they have also the right to play as they want. It’s just a design flaw).

in WvW

kefro.9312

Meh ill just stop playing soon you will only win against empty gates cause game will go down

in WvW

Stiv.1820

So, because someone has a different schedule than you they shouldn’t be able to have the same impact on the Meta game that you do?

in WvW

Posted by: Davion.8754

Davion.8754

WvW is 24/7, get owned

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Enough of this stuff. ANet has already responded to this QQ. It’s not going to change. Persistent world PvP requires that these types of things are possible. Things aren’t ever going to be fair all the time in WvW. If you want fair, sPvP is over there >>>>

They responded ? Where ? Where did they say it’s not going to change ?

in WvW

Stiv.1820

This is the text, granted he mentions telling people they “can’t play” but you can also use the same argument for telling people they “can’t contribute as much to the game”:
—-
In a large scale persistent game like this, you need friends and allies on at all hours to be able to do well. Some worlds will have issues finding enough people to be on during certain hours, but you also don’t need a lot of people to defend or take things back during low population hours.
We will be making a couple changes to scoring in the next build we do. The biggest change you’ll see is that we will be extending the score tick to 15 minutes instead of 5 like it is currently. As always, we will continue to monitor things to see if additional changes need to be made in the future.
Telling people they cant play during certain hours of the day is just not an option. Not everybody has a day job with 9-5 hours and can be on during prime time. Those people should be able to play anytime they want, just like the people who play during prime time.

Mike Ferguson

(edited by Stiv.1820)

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

They responded ? Where ? Where did they say it’s not going to change ?

Mike Ferguson responded with a half-hearted, defensive posts about the problems in WvW. His argument was:

1) WvW is persistent.
2) Losing servers should recruit off-peak players.

The problem with his response was that it was both incorrect and contradicted ArenaNet’s stated description of WvW As in:

1) WvW is not persistent. It resets every 2 weeks, and at best can be described as semi-persistent. No great principle of “persistence” is broken if the 24 hour day is broken up into 3 scoring periods.

2) ArenaNet said WvW is for casual players. Yet, here is a dev counseling those same casual players to get on game forums and start recruiting off-peak guilds, form alliances etc. etc. Even this organization is beyond the effort casual players are willing to put in.

So, ArenaNet has to clarify their thinking on WvW:

1) Is WvW persistent, or is it not?
2) Is WvW for casual players, or is WvW for the hardcore who have the time and willingness to organize 24/7 alliances.

EDIT: The text of Ferguson’s original post is above me.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Davion.8754

Davion.8754

WvW just isnt for you, if after losing your first week makes you resort to blame tactics out of the gate then I’m terrified what you will complain about next week.

in WvW

Posted by: ratatat.5039

ratatat.5039

Chill guys,

http://i.imgur.com/LSzna.jpg

War is a full time Job.

Spawn of CaSu

in WvW

stof.9341

Problem is, I don’t see the original source, just a copy. The original was a thread posted by him in this same forums isn’t it? Where is it now?

in WvW

Stiv.1820

Just go to the main forums and search “In a large scale persistent game like this, you need friends” a few posts down you will see the thread “is night capping intended” and you will see many people quoting the text. That thread has been deleted or something, you can’t get to it.

in WvW

stof.9341

That’s exactly my point. Mike Ferguson made that thread with that message at first post. Then then a day later they come and delete it entirely? Why? Because they might not get behind what was said anymore maybe?

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

“Some worlds will have issues finding enough people to be on during certain hours, but you also don’t need a lot of people to defend or take things back during low population hours.”

Sure, we at Desolation could just go on and go cap everything back during low population hours… except we don’t have enough to do that and the Vizunah certainly does at those hours. So our only viable time to contribute to a fight is when it can be even, which is on day peak hours.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

in WvW

Posted by: AXLORD.2045

AXLORD.2045

That’s exactly my point. Mike Ferguson made that thread with that message at first post. Then then a day later they come and delete it entirely? Why? Because they might not get behind what was said anymore maybe?

If I remember correctly it was posted as an answer in the ranking thread, all answers (including ANet ones) were deleted to keep the post clean.

in WvW

stof.9341

If I remember correctly it was posted as an answer in the ranking thread, all answers (including ANet ones) were deleted to keep the post clean.

I remember it as it’s own thread where Mike posted that as the first message in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: AngelofAwe.4972

AngelofAwe.4972

You clearley didn’t play this week-end.

Friday night Vs was ahead, then you got all map tagged during night (which is fun considering you whine for 2 weeks now cause we do it), then we reduce the gap from 10K to 7K during the day.

Anyway, it is fun, that you whine for ages about capping when other side is busy, and post right away when you are ahead for same reason.

And then we are the one who refuse reasonning :p

i think it’s the third time i mention this in this topic. but FS was steadily pulling ahead in daytime and VS closed the gap at night in the weekend.
proof is in the 10 screenshots in page 1.

Lv 80 Guardian
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

Im done with WvWvW untill this gets fixed, Vizunah Square [FR] is the only server in europe who has that much activity going on during night time weekdays. How come? i still think thats its canadians in FR. so much activity during night and the only server? i suggest u getting switched over the america.

You mean so that the US server have the same problem as we do currently? Rather easy to suggest something like that, your problem is solved regardless if the exact same problem then affects others so all’s perfect then right? ….
If they had activity during night time ONLY then yes that would be a good suggestion but I can’t say I don’t see any VS players during EU prime time…

in WvW

Posted by: bloodeh.4870

bloodeh.4870

what if Anet ipblock CA/NA ppl for EU servers? or delete VS world? problem solved!

1. troll tactic anyone???

in WvW

Posted by: Teemursu.3807

Teemursu.3807

I don’t really want to take part in the complaining and trolling in this thread.

I like the idea of extending the score-time from 5 to 15 minutes. I still think, though, that we might need some other balancing too (we’ll see, it’s the one week matches anyway).

I just really want to point out, that during EU primetime, I usually queue WvW for about three hours. I was staying up this night (to fix my sleeping rhythm, thanks GW2 :p), and I could get to any of the borderlands or EBG instantly. I saw a few allies in our borderlands (FS), but none at the others. I left WvW around 5am GMT+2.

I hope everyone will have patience and understanding with the issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

Ive already transfered off to a realm that provides multiple time zone’s.
Soon you will see a few servers who totaly dominate WvW due to this.

But its the only way to make things fair and balance it out.

You cannot punish diffrent time zone’s
You cannot punish players who work on diffrent work shifts

Get guilds / players with diffrent time zone to your server or transfer like i did to a server that provide 24/7 WvW.

Any serious WvW player will be doing that anyway from now on.

I made a mistake and tought it would balance it self, it will not as your rotation against other servers is an ungoing proces.

It sucks to leave your server, but it sucks more to to lose 100% of your map when you are at work or sleeping.

in WvW

Posted by: Kayato.9178

Kayato.9178

Welcome to Vizunah Phara . (I read somewhere we are the only server with night crew).

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlante.9230

Ashlante.9230

I must agree with the original poster, it’s extremely annoying to have to face a fully upgraded map everykittenday again, just cause vizunah square has people playing at night, you can deny it, but if there’s no canadians on that server, it’s a prettykittenno-life french server.

in WvW

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

Either stop WvW, transfer or organize your server. Crying like you do is just giving a bad image of your server and make us having even more fun crushing you.

There’s nothing to fix, if you want balance you have sPvP, WvW is not about balanced fight accept it or leave.

in WvW

Posted by: Kingface.9781

Kingface.9781

People forgot or did’nt give a kitten about WvWvW mecanism announced by A.net before the game’s release.

Every whiners complains about how unfair it is to be nightcapped everyday but A.net wants a WvWvW on 24/7. Is it hard to understand that the current ranking system is up to make things balanced between same kind of servers? Is it hard to understand that servers with 24/7 will fight all against each others at the end? Same thing for daytime presence servers?

The game has been released for less than a month for God’s sake! Is it so unbelievable for you to wait a few and try to enjoy the WvWvW for fun and training your tactics with mates/alliances and have blasts in epic fights during your playtime while waiting games matching better for your server type?
No, you want immediately a kitten balanced kickass WvWvW right now, don’t you?

When some talks about people who wants everything at once, it’s completelly true. You have a perfect example of a game like this with WoW. Now, check the current major population type on it.

Yes, maybe your server rocks the angry pony in primetime but if it can’t handle a 24/7 fight it’s not good enough to be a top WvWvW server. You can’t win a marathon as a sprinter. That’s something intended by A.net and you can’t blame people for having thinking and being organized that way.

If you hardly want show your incredible skill to the face of the world, there is sPvP for you. You can’t have more balanced and fairness game.

(edited by Kingface.9781)

in WvW

Posted by: skjutengris.6923

skjutengris.6923

People forgot or did’nt give a kitten about WvWvW mecanism announced by A.net before the game’s release.

Every whiners complains about how unfair it is to be nightcapped everyday but A.net wants a WvWvW on 24/7. Is it hard to understand that the current ranking system is up to make things balanced between same kind of servers? Is it hard to understand that servers with 24/7 will fight all against each others at the end? Same thing for daytime presence servers?

The game has been released for less than a month for God’s sake! Is it so unbelievable for you to wait a few and try to enjoy the WvWvW for fun and training your tactics with mates/alliances and have blasts in epic fights during your playtime while waiting games matching better for your server type?

When some talks about people who wants everything at once, it’s completelly true. You have a perfect example of a game like this with WoW. Now, check the current major population type on it.

Yes, maybe your server rocks the angry pony in primetime but if it can’t handle a 24/7 fight it’s not good enough to be a top WvWvW server. You can’t win a marathon as a sprinter. That’s something intended by A.net and you can’t blame people for having thinking and being organized that way.

If you hardly want show your incredible skill to the face of the world, there is sPvP for you. You can’t have more balanced and fairness game.

PVP tournaments are for those, WwW seems as any a casual oriented as there is no priority for guild with members and all ranges of levels.

Nightcapping has to go away simple as that if you dont understand why you shouldnt post things as the above.
its bad design.

Nightcapping needs to go away its a broken system.

in WvW

Kingface.9781

PVP tournaments are for those, WwW seems as any a casual oriented as there is no priority for guild with members and all ranges of levels.

Nightcapping has to go away simple as that if you dont understand why you shouldnt post things as the above.
its bad design.

I guess you don’t understand what the WvWvW is expected to be and what A.net wants it to become.

in WvW

username.4932

@Kingface, you should give up any reasoning with sPvP players, they just don’t get what WvW is about.

It is the transitional period, some sPvP players will get the point about WvW, some won’t, nothing to worry about.

(edited by username.4932)

in WvW

Kingface.9781

To be schematic, the important things for WvWvW are:

The servers will differentiate by their 24/7 handled presence, then in this same kind of servers will differentiate by WvWvW organisation skill, and in servers with same organisation skill, the individual/group skills will make the difference.

That’s what A.net thought about its WvWvW for the long term.

So yes, currently, it’s unbalanced between servers but we are obliged to go through it in order to have a long term balanced WvWvW. So we should be patient instead of whining.

in WvW

Posted by: zarg.1853

zarg.1853

Stop playing the victims by crying every day, you have Scandinavian, Polish players, Russian, indie, etc.your server is always in “complete” mode 24/24 that of VS not (very easy to verify) your statements do not like up, to look you more pathetic excuses for the some than for the others

I am disappointed by the English attitude…..

[URL=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=140195cryingenglishsoccerfans.jpg][IMG]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/140195cryingenglishsoccerfans.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

in WvW

Posted by: Salis.5062

Salis.5062

in WvW

Posted by: Mine Laces.7108

Mine Laces.7108

My guild will full transfer if in the next rotation we’ll be again paired versus VS .
I do not agree with this decision and i would like to stay on FS , but you know in democracy the majority wins .
Still i don’t think this is the right decision but i can’t blame ’em , people just want to have fun playing a videogame .

“Smashing doors at 5am … fun fun fun fun fun” Rebecca Black

in WvW

Posted by: Casta.5697

Casta.5697

In France at 2h09am :

-World Désolation : Full
-World Far Shiverpeaks : Full
-World Vizunah Square : Hight

Far Shiverpeaks and full, then the problem is not Anet, the problem is not French players, the problem just you.

Do you even understand what Full/High/Medium next to the server name means? It’s the POPULATION of the server, NOT the people currently ONLINE. So even if FS or Des server have 5 people online at 4am it will still show as FULL.

Wouldn’t expect from people who take pride in pvp’ing gates and npc’s to have any brain activity. You’re like bots, so maybe npc’s are the right enemies for you after all.

in WvW

Posted by: Esaam.9042

Esaam.9042

Do you even understand what Full/High/Medium next to the server name means? It’s the POPULATION of the server, NOT the people currently ONLINE. So even if FS or Des server have 5 people online at 4am it will still show as FULL.

Wouldn’t expect from people who take pride in pvp’ing gates and npc’s to have any brain activity. You’re like bots, so maybe npc’s are the right enemies for you after all.

Sorry, but that’s the servers’s current population.

Esaam: Moringólemo of Fëar Morniëo – Grand Cross Alliance – Vizunah square

in WvW

Posted by: Breros.3567

Breros.3567

Sorry, but that’s the servers’s current population.

No, it’s not.

Warrior:
1) GS/Bow Glasscannon 30/10/0/0/30 (Pwr>Prec>Crit)
2) S&B/Bow Shout Tank 10/0/30/30/0 (Vit>Tough>Heal)

in WvW

Kingface.9781

In France at 2h09am :

Far Shiverpeaks and full, then the problem is not Anet, the problem is not French players, the problem just you.

Where do you get that? Because the servers populations fluctuate a lot all day long on servers windows. That would mean there is huge transfert traffic everyday. I agree the transferts are still free but so much in a day?

in WvW

Posted by: Breros.3567

Breros.3567

In France at 2h09am :

Where do you get that? Because the servers populations fluctuate a lot all day long on servers windows. That would mean there is huge transfert traffic everyday. I agree the transferts are still free but so much in a day?

People are transfering all the time, because of bugged skill points or if they want to get a specific vista in WvW. The transfers take like 10 seconds. Most of MMOS with Shard systems work like this.

Warrior:
1) GS/Bow Glasscannon 30/10/0/0/30 (Pwr>Prec>Crit)
2) S&B/Bow Shout Tank 10/0/30/30/0 (Vit>Tough>Heal)

in WvW

Posted by: Esaam.9042

Esaam.9042

No, it’s not.

Source?
I’m pretty sure it’s the current population.

Esaam: Moringólemo of Fëar Morniëo – Grand Cross Alliance – Vizunah square

in WvW

Posted by: Ben.2406

Ben.2406

I’m from Desolation and approve of this topic.

in WvW

Posted by: Erikon.6495

Erikon.6495

Agree remove the canadians and take the top 3 NA servers and put them together

in WvW

Posted by: Exewre.2837

Exewre.2837

Finally found a canadian on VS. i almost cried when he told me he was living in switzerland

in WvW

username.4932

He should be banned, Canadian living in EU timezone should not be able to play EU servers except if they are insomniac and committed to night capping.

in WvW

Casta.5697

Crying like you do is just giving a bad image of your server and make us having even more fun crushing you.

I don’t see any gates or npc’s posting in this thread.. But its nice of you to admit you’re having fun while doing it, cuz everyone saw your mad skills against live players, prolly wasn’t that fun for you

in WvW

Casta.5697

Hows that crushing going on for you? having fun yet?

ooohkittenI forgot, you’ll have to wait till 2 am to have your fun, my bad..

Attachments:

in WvW

username.4932

Definitely having a lot of fun seeing your rage

See you at 2am, i will bring some maple syrup for you.

(edited by username.4932)