in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

If they adjust Pips, I hope they raise the rank requirements considerably to compensate.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

I think the current reward system is a reasonable middle ground.

If you want to talk fair… What’s not fair is by the time a currently low level player reaches the rank I am at, that player will have accrued all of the rewards this new system offers.

Perspective from a high ranking player is what would really be fair is to figure out the average amount of pips and tickets one would earn per rank over time. Multiply that value by each rank earned, and give that amount of tickets and rewards to each account. That means some of us would have everything the award system has to offer, instantly, the first day the reward system went into place. How much would low ranked players rage then?

Before anyone thinks I’m complaining, I am not (actually don’t want the insta-reward), I am simply making the point there is no way to change a reward system and not have someone feel like they lost out. Also, if you weren’t playing when there were zero pips, then maybe you don’t like this mode of game play, and that is the real issue. (Hey, I get that. There is a reason you’ll never see me in legendary armor. )

If nothing else, consider the extra pips to the high ranked players as a little bribe. When I’m happily looking at my extra pips, then I’m more willing to tolerate the massive influx of PvE invaders on my server who are otherwise reducing my pips by increasing queues and decreasing our war score. (Throwing inappropriate siege, randomly pulling tactivators, and constantly dying because of bad builds and poor strategy, refusing to join in voice chat, etc) In reality, my server pride is bruised at seeing people represent us who don’t care, and I can’t spend as much time doing something I enjoy because of the massive queues. The least you can do is let me have a few pips to make up for the annoyance.

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

The main issue isn’t that higher ranks earn rewards faster. The issue is that, at the lower end, the total time to complete the reward track for an average player is too much even for extensive playtimes. Getting high rank should be a marginal increase in speed. In contrast right now higher rank is significantly involved in whether a player has to play 10, 20, or 40 hours in a week.

Looking at my pip gain in silver—between 33% and 50% of my total pips are due to my rank. If I was in gold I would be earning over 50% of my pips from my rank. I also play a fair bit on outnumbered maps because I solo and group roam more often than not to support my team. The largest pip gains are outnumbered (largest share of pips earned) followed by slightly less pips from rank.

The problem is multiplicative. I get 2 pips per tick at silver. In the time a bronze player earns 60, I earn 120. Gold earns 180. Platinum earns 240.

The reward track assumes players will earn “enough” pips at a certain playtime per day.

3 pips per tick is 40.27 hours
5 pips per tick is 24.16 hours
7 pips per tick is 16.9 hours
9 pips per tick is 13.42 hours

Roughly 10 hours of WvW per week to max out rewards seems reasonable. Maybe even up to 15. So in the 8-10 pips per tick range. Say you average 2 for skirmish position, 1 for loyalty, 2 for rank and 2 on average for being outnumbered sometimes. If even a middle ranked player can’t max out the rewards in a reasonable period of time there is a problem.

Not all players should max out the reward track each week. But low rank players need to see middle rank players maxing out rewards within a reasonable time as a incentive to rank up. It is hardly good motivation to tell a new player “if you just get 2000 ranks you can maybe max out the rewards in a week if you play 8 hours.”

I also think it is poor manners to tell other players how they need to suck it up when the higher ranked players can get full rewards merely playing 8 hours and everyone else has to play two to three times as long. There is a legitimate problem here.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I don’t actually care what somebody else gets over me. However, how many of you up in your ivory towers laying into the OP farmed your “hard earned rank” in EoTM? Ask yourself that…

I “Farmed” it since 2012 playing on the same server all these years.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I’ve been roaming WvW for 3 years now, and I’m only in the low 900’s rank. I get +2 for my rank. Most of my guildmates get +4, double my bonus. I still think this system is very fair.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: hiems.8769

hiems.8769

I’m a new player and I’m ok with it. If I want something easy I can play PvE. The rewards are made for people who played WvW a long time and people who will play WvW a long time, if you’re not one of those two and you only want Pips because you want the rewards, not because you like the game mode, then i’m sure that the reward isn’t designed for you.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

First rule of WvW,
WvW isn’t fair.

But they did make a safe space for little butterflies. The Legendary Defenders will protect you.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

First rule of WvW,
WvW isn’t fair.

But they did make a safe space for little butterflies. The Legendary Defenders will protect you.

Just imagine the OP’s tears when the hype dies down, population goes back to what it was and s/he is on a link getting crushed, outmanned 3-1 on a constant basis…but at least the +5 pips will be there.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I don’t actually care what somebody else gets over me. However, how many of you up in your ivory towers laying into the OP farmed your “hard earned rank” in EoTM? Ask yourself that…

About 100 rank of my 2850. Mainly on reset, when I was unable to get in before queues started.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Hubal.8571

Hubal.8571

Well, for once I think that the devs did a right thing here. And not because current system rewards “old” dedicated WvW players (Which is not bad – becayse those felt beeing left out for years)

The current system promotes dedcation of players. It will filter out those that do not care and that just thought they will grab some cheasy-easy rewards “achies” or eq fast.

I remember the times of “WvW” tournaments, where WvW was also flooded with people, that just wanted the “achies” and who in majority left the WvW afterwards. Creating a deep resentment in WvW for “PvE” players.

In this system everything tells you “long term commitment”.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

They got rid of our guard stacks for this reason. Let’s get rid of the rest of the wvw masteries and the pve ones just to make it fair.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

It’s not discrimination. It is rewarding those who’ve played wvw for years. Why should new players, who might leave wvw altogether when they have their rewards, get the same amount of pips as those loyal to the game mode?

I welcome everyone new to wvw, and hope you find it fun, but you have to earn your ranks and rewards like the rest of us. Wvw has been neglected for ages, so it is past time for those of us playing this game mode to get something from it.

Please remember, someone else’s rank doesn’t take away from your fun and rewards. Stick with wvw and you’ll get there soon enough yourself!

i honestly dont understand why a “veteran” should be rewarded more then a new player..
i mean im a veteran and if a new player is doing better/more then me so be it give him the reward for it not me just because i spend more time on game and got my rank as advantage..

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

It’s not discrimination. It is rewarding those who’ve played wvw for years. Why should new players, who might leave wvw altogether when they have their rewards, get the same amount of pips as those loyal to the game mode?

I welcome everyone new to wvw, and hope you find it fun, but you have to earn your ranks and rewards like the rest of us. Wvw has been neglected for ages, so it is past time for those of us playing this game mode to get something from it.

Please remember, someone else’s rank doesn’t take away from your fun and rewards. Stick with wvw and you’ll get there soon enough yourself!

i honestly dont understand why a “veteran” should be rewarded more then a new player..
i mean im a veteran and if a new player is doing better/more then me so be it give him the reward for it not me just because i spend more time on game and got my rank as advantage..

Its Anet’s way of saying “sorry wvw rewards sucked for so long”. As people have said, whilst pvers were swimming in loot, wvwers were left with a drought. So now that they have added better rewards, its only fair that those dedicated wvwers should get a larger share of it.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

If you really have a hard on for this gear, and are really kittening about a small group of people who are getting a couple more pips, then just transfer to a low pop server and play outmanned; you’ll get +5. Or, you could try playing, be part of the solution, join the team, get in ts, join a guild, whatever, so that you’re placing 1st and get +2 pips.

Seriously, common. What a joke the OP is

Low pop servers are linked: it’s not been possible to find an outmanned map since reset on my server…

Your other solution is basically saying : join a bandwagon server so your placing first. Last time I looked the top 5 EU servers were all ‘full’ so that’s not going to work either.

The only real issue with pips is the spread between average rank and bandwagonned ranks in terms of pips is too large and needs a tweak. that would still give a bonus to higher ranks but not to the extent of 2.5 times more between a mid rank 2000+ and max rank for doing less work.

Yeah, that’s true. Thought about that later. I think the key is joining a T3 server as they don’t have 3 links.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

I don’t mind the pip system because advanced players should earn more pips. I’m only rank 150. I have a problem with the chest reset at the end of the week. If a person can’t invest the time to get all the chests during the week to get the tickets they get screwed. Your progress toward your next chest SHOULD NOT reset.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I don’t mind the pip system because advanced players should earn more pips. I’m only rank 150. I have a problem with the chest reset at the end of the week. If a person can’t invest the time to get all the chests during the week to get the tickets they get screwed. Your progress toward your next chest SHOULD NOT reset.

I agree with this. While I understand that the system is designed to get players to spend a lot of time in WvW, the system already provides more reward for those who do. Perhaps ANet should consider that the pre-launch hype about the game being for part-time players as well as those who have a ton of time to throw at it need not apply only in PvE. The change drcraig suggests would benefit anyone who was partway through a track at reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

ANet could of easily made the tickets a reward track grind + WvW badge or Proof of Heroics cost (to reward the vets). They have chosen not to. Why do you think that?

ANet wanted the rewards to be prestige based and barred behind time gating far greater in time commitment than any other similar gear. If you are doing WvW just for the rewards, realize this and decide if you want to put in the time for rewards (like the vets will do regardless) this content is not for you.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I agree with this. While I understand that the system is designed to get players to spend a lot of time in WvW, the system already provides more reward for those who do. Perhaps ANet should consider that the pre-launch hype about the game being for part-time players as well as those who have a ton of time to throw at it need not apply only in PvE. The change drcraig suggests would benefit anyone who was partway through a track at reset.

Then PIP system should have been a reward track (repeatable) with tickets.

But ANet wanted both a reward track and a secondary (PIP) system capping ticket generation. People seem to forget that this is still literally the best time to be playing WvW for gear as it far outpaces gear/gold from anything prior regardless of all the complaining.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Good to see pve entitlement is alive and well.

really where is the reward for retroactive dedication in pve or spvp? I’d say wvw are the entitled ones acting like they deserve this.

If a new item, to be acquired via gold or crafting mats, is introduced into PvE the player with a stockpile generated over the course of 4+ years has an advantage over a new player.

Someone who had been raiding for over a year when legendary armor was released had an advantage in LI over someone who waited to see the armor before starting to raid.

ANet has been talking about revisions and updates to WvW, incljding rewards, for over a year. Some people got ready, others didnt care enough to do so. I didnt care enough and so am at a low rank. My choice.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Good to see pve entitlement is alive and well.

really where is the reward for retroactive dedication in pve or spvp? I’d say wvw are the entitled ones acting like they deserve this.

If a new item, to be acquired via gold or crafting mats, is introduced into PvE the player with a stockpile generated over the course of 4+ years has an advantage over a new player.

Someone who had been raiding for over a year when legendary armor was released had an advantage in LI over someone who waited to see the armor before starting to raid.

ANet has been talking about revisions and updates to WvW, incljding rewards, for over a year. Some people got ready, others didnt care enough to do so. I didnt care enough and so am at a low rank. My choice.

/thread.
Please refer to this post for all time-gated/rank-gated threads.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m not sure the pve folks know that for pretty much the first two years in WvW, there were zero rewards.

So if they’d like to retroactively give up two years worth of income, awesome.

Oh and then they’d have to cough up more gold, about 100 gold a week, for the years when structure upgrades cost money.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

He has a point tho, most players only get 2-3 pips per tick. Getting an extra 3 pips per tick is 100% extra pips at that point. Too much, but still, there should be more rewards for veterans.

in WvW

Posted by: Dane.9480

Dane.9480

I see alot of “unfair becourse of EOTM farming” . Then let the pips raise along with the wvw archivement :p

in WvW

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

You missed the point completely. People don’t complain that wvw veteran are being rewarded for all those ranks up, they complain that wvw veteran are gaining more rewards than other in the same timeframe for the same activity.

Someone who had been raiding for over a year don’t earn better reward raiding than a completely new raider as long as the new raider is as effective as the veteran raider.
A new spvp player earn the same rewards as a veteran in the same timeframe if the new player is as effective as the veteran.
A new wvw player earn significantly less reward than a veteran in the same timeframe, no matter how effective he is.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Sorceress.2387

Mighty Sorceress.2387

The people who are complaining about higher pips for veterans have crab mentality. It doesn’t affect your ability to progress in the reward track yet you are trying to pull down those that are going faster than you. The wvw vets are finally getting some reward for being loyal all these years. What’s funny is, I for one don’t even have a burning desire to get the shinies that fast. Most vets have already invested in the gear that they need and will just continue to play the mode that they enjoy.

in WvW

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

The people who are complaining about higher pips for veterans have crab mentality. It doesn’t affect your ability to progress in the reward track yet you are trying to pull down those that are going faster than you. The wvw vets are finally getting some reward for being loyal all these years. What’s funny is, I for one don’t even have a burning desire to get the shinies that fast. Most vets have already invested in the gear that they need and will just continue to play the mode that they enjoy.

You don’t really get it do you, this is the an unfair reward system in game that is not balance at all. Being loyal to certain game play give more or faster reward is stupidly unfair. If rest of the game is like this then imaging the reward system like this:

Vet Dungeon players: Get more Dungeon tokens and gold than new players per run.
Vet Raider: Get more few times more legendary insights per boss kill than new players.
Vet PvPer: Get more reward progress and pips per win than new players.

You see the point is this is the only reward system that Vet gets more reward than new players for doing the same exact thing… If you are new raider, killing a boss will give you the exact reward then people who kill it hundred times. Same thing goes for rest of the game.

(edited by BloodyPanda.6789)

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

kitten snowflakes are everywhere on these forums. So wvwers been asking for some reward for ranks for like 3 yrs finally it happens and pvers walk in day one and start complaining about unfair? Apparently you arent aware of how insulting that is. Its starting a job and asking for everyones salary to suddenly equal your starting pay.

We didnt farm the ranks there was no reason ever to farm ranks…farm ranks so I can do more damage with a catapult or carry more siege to help my team? These ranks were gotten for playing game mode and had basically no purpose beyond 1300. We still played because anet made a uniquely entertaining game mode that rewarded having fun together. All the pvers asking for handouts just to get their pve candy is really sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Vet Raider: Get more few times more legendary insights per boss kill than new players.

The game already is like that. T4 fractal dailies give more rewards to those who have put time into getting the AR, etc. because you can get all the T1-T4 daily reward chests for a quarter amount of the time than someone who can only do T1 dailies.

There is nothing unfair about this because players can invest the time to that particular section of this game in the same manner as those who have gone before them and also get increased rewards.

Edit: BTW vet raiders do get more LIs because they can usually clear all the wings within the week. New raiders can’t unless they’re being carried by some group.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

BloodyPanda.6789

The game already is like that. T4 fractal dailies give more rewards to those who have put time into getting the AR, etc. because you can get all the T1-T4 daily reward chests for a quarter amount of the time than someone who can only do T1 dailies.

There is nothing unfair about this because players can invest the time to that particular section of this game in the same manner as those who have gone before them and also get increased rewards.

You are right about T4 gets more than T1, but that is different because its due to lack of gears or lack of skill to participate in T4. The thing is even if you are fractal level 1, if you are able to complete a T4, you will receive the same chest as those who are fractal level 100! The reward are depend on the your ability to complete certain things, not depend on how much previously time you have spend on fractal! Basically if you can be level 1, but if you are able to do the same thing as a high fractal level player, you will receive the same reward! And the opposite goes for high level fractal players, you can be level fractal 100, but if you only do T1, you will only get T1 loot! This is completely different for wvw pip reward system. You can tag up and participate in every fight on map and get a T6 participation, but you will never get more than someone who is high level and are afking majority of the time!

Fractal reward depend on heavily: Your ability to complete fractal, not your levels.
Wvw reward depend on heavily: Your freaking wvw level, not what you are able to complete in wvw.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Fractal reward depend on heavily: Your ability to complete fractal, not your levels.
Wvw reward depend on heavily: Your freaking wvw level, not what you are able to complete in wvw.

You’re mincing words. Levels represents what players have completed in WvW. It is like saying level 1 players should get exotic level 80 drops because otherwise is unfair.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Ashen.2907

You missed the point completely. People don’t complain that wvw veteran are being rewarded for all those ranks up, they complain that wvw veteran are gaining more rewards than other in the same timeframe for the same activity.

Someone who had been raiding for over a year don’t earn better reward raiding than a completely new raider as long as the new raider is as effective as the veteran raider.
A new spvp player earn the same rewards as a veteran in the same timeframe if the new player is as effective as the veteran.
A new wvw player earn significantly less reward than a veteran in the same timeframe, no matter how effective he is.

No, I did not miss the point. The person I was replying to asked a very specific question. I answered that specific question.

The same timeframe, as you put, could be described as from launch until the present. Has the person who started last week put as much time and effort in as the person who started working on their wvw rank four years ago?

Should a new player be rewarded faster than a veteran?

Personally I am a novice. Not even rank 300 yet. But I dont see a problem with people who have put in more effort than I getting better rewards than I do.

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

I’m not sure the pve folks know that for pretty much the first two years in WvW, there were zero rewards.

So if they’d like to retroactively give up two years worth of income, awesome.

Oh and then they’d have to cough up more gold, about 100 gold a week, for the years when structure upgrades cost money.

+1 also we had to pay to repair our armour as well.

The pip systems is a good thing that rewards wvwers who have been loyal to the game mode. OP if you are unhappy with the rewards then stay out of wvw.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

in WvW

BloodyPanda.6789

You’re mincing words. Levels represents what players have completed in WvW. It is like saying level 1 players should get exotic level 80 drops because otherwise is unfair.

Yes, if level 1 player are able to kill level 80 mobs who drop level 80 exotic, then yes, he should get level 80 exotics. If fractal reward really work as wvw reward, then fractal reward chest should be base on on levels. example would be level 100 should get more daily chest than lower level, even if he only do T1. That is what wvw pip is at.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think both sides have points here, and I’d argue that the REAL problem is the extremely slow pace of progress for pips as a whole. My post in this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Skirmish-Pips-Distribution-Feedback-Thread/

sums up my analysis of the situation and what I feel should be done about it. But in a nutshell, the average rate of pips is far too low. I average about 5 – 6 pips per tick, and even with that, it takes me about 21 – 24 hours in WvW every week to max out Diamond. That’s like half a working week! I can’t even imagine how discouraged new WvW players who are only earning 1 – 3 pips per tick must feel.

And that’s the REAL danger, that these potential new players come in, look at the goal posts, and think it’s not worth their time getting involved when it would take them months, if not years, to get anywhere. They leave, and WvW once again begins to die a slow death from lack of players. Yes, it’s nice that long-term WvW players (of which I could be considered one, as I’m closing in on rank 1500) get cosmetic rewards to showcase their dedication to the game mode, but that’s only half of the equation. WvW desperately needs new blood and high player interest, otherwise the devs themselves will not be able to justify the time and manpower to keep it updated and balanced. We can’t afford to drive potential new players away by making the rewards too tedious to get.

in WvW

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

Personally, I think the issue is less with the actual reward that high rank gives, and more with the relative reward high rank gives.

Let’s say I go out, solo 2 camps, defend a keep. and kill 4 dolyaks in 1 5-min period (yeah, that’s a lot, but do-able). I get 2 pips (silver) + whatever for score (let’s say 2 for average). A maximum rank player kills 1 dolyak and afks at spawn. He gets 7 pips + whatever for score. In other words, the most important factor for pips is not what you do, but how long you’ve been doing it. And THAT is what I find unfair.

A more fair system would not reduce the reward for high rank, but increase the reward for activity either directly (i.e. gain pips = to score value of objective) or by contribution level (i.e. +2 pips per contribution level over 3, which is minimum for any pips). That way players who are actually playing will get rewarded for their effort, vs being rewarded just for having a high rank.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

If fractal reward really work as wvw reward, then fractal reward chest should be base on on levels. example would be level 100 should get more daily chest than lower level, even if he only do T1. That is what wvw pip is at.

First off, you seem to have forgotten, I said about T4 fractals the person is getting carried. A new player to fractals cannot even open a T4 fractal.

Second, your comparison is extremely bad. The wvw pip bonus does not give extra daily chests. It is same number of chests attainable for less playtime, analogous to getting all four daily fractal chests for one fractal’s worth of playtime.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Here’s something I haven’t seen anyone bring up yet. Let’s take a moment to talk about how WXP rank has WvW-specific masteries that are useful to activities that are performed in WvW. Once you reach WXP rank 1000, you are able to do more things with siege, do more damage, take less damage from guards, etc. Essentially this translates into players of higher rank carrying players of lower rank. For example, we open walls and gates faster, giving the enemy less time to respond. We flip camps faster due to bonuses against enemy guards. We build and repair faster and also carry more supply.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

BloodyPanda.6789

If fractal reward really work as wvw reward, then fractal reward chest should be base on on levels. example would be level 100 should get more daily chest than lower level, even if he only do T1. That is what wvw pip is at.

First off, you seem to have forgotten, I said about T4 fractals the person is getting carried. A new player to fractals cannot even open a T4 fractal.

Second, your comparison is extremely bad. The wvw pip bonus does not give extra daily chests. It is same number of chests attainable for less playtime, analogous to getting all four daily fractal chests for one fractal’s worth of playtime.

my fractal level is not 100 and i have been doing T4 everyday for the pass 2 week and is currently only at level 51, how am i getting carry, i am not dying and i provide my dps. I still get same stuff as level fractal 100. As for you cant open level 100, you are right, but you can ask or join other who can, my reward is not depended on my level but instead on if i am able to complete the high level fractal. And you are right, wvw does not give extra daily chest for higher level, but u know what it does give to people, extra dailes pips. there are 288 tick and if u are new, the max you can get is set in stone, while with high level you get way more pips.

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Why does it matter that other players who have played for far longer, and have probably contributed a lot more to the wvw community, get better rewards? Wvw didn’t used to award a whole lot of anything, so if anything, it would be better to be happy for everyones better rewards than jealous of top tier players. Besides, considering how awful wvw rewards were, “new” pve players are probably just as well geared as the vets. All you really have an advantage for in terms of reasonably unique items is the legendary back piece, which is truly hideous anyway :p

in WvW

Ashen.2907

If this is the case I should be recieving…more gold and rares in pve based on my AP.

Isn’t this what happens due to account AP rewards for magic find and such?

in WvW

BloodyPanda.6789

If this is the case I should be recieving…more gold and rares in pve based on my AP.

Isn’t this what happens due to account AP rewards for magic find and such?

gold drop by mobs are at the point of coopers, so its at the point it dont matter, i mean i dont mind reducing my gold drop to 0% if they balance the wvw pip reward and magic find is not determine by ap… you can have super low ap but still have full magic find

in WvW

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I don’t get it. The ticket rewarded are capped, vet or not can’t get any faster in getting their wvw shines than new player. The time required to max the ticket per week is a motivation to new wvwer to devote more time into wvw. When wvw vet had already made up that mind since couple years ago.

If you are new and made that mind up than you can acquire the same shine as fast as a vet without ticket from tournment. I am 571 rank and i can’t finish diamond chest last week, what did i lose? Nothing because i will keep playing wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Felipe.1807

Felipe.1807

But you didnt put the same amount of of time in WvW.

I put time in before there were rankings, i was playing the orbs at the top of the map and i still have my pearls from the quaggans.

That aside PvE makes alot more gold and takes alot less time period.

My guild used to run dungeons, all but CM. We could finish 2 dungeons paths from 6 of the dungeons a hour. That was around 120+ tokens and 15+ gold in a little over a hour. You realize that for the longest time gold actually costed us WvW players money? Having to buy siege, upgrade keeps with 5-10+ gold a upgrade.

There is nothing stopping you or any other player from getting a WvW item. You can get them all, I and my 2 running mates the past 4-5 nights have been getting between 4-10 levels a night. I was 900 5 days ago and now im almost 920.

Im not even running with a zerg, its our own 3 man party taking camps, defending camps and towers.

I dont understand why you think its unfair. For instance i use to PvP alot, i was on a PvP team and competed in the AG tournament. I was in Plat 2 and finished Plat 1 in S5.

In PvP if there is a TOL tournament, if i make the top 250 ( i was in the top 175 in S5 at one point) i will get a exclusive title/ reward from PvP.

All that happened in PvP was Anet caved to make everything easier for PvE players. If you guys complain enough maybe Anet will cave to this too.

But you cant sit here and complain when its simply time you are upset about. WvW players put in alot of time when there was no rewards. They got the ability to get rewards tracks but it still takes alot of time.

To shove it back in WvW face again, PvE makes 10000 X more gold then WvW players. I ran T4 fracs last week and made 20 gold not including elite drops. Ive made 8 gold in WvW for 5 days.

Anet caters to the casual so you can keep trying but im just saying its not unfair, not even a little.

So you play WvW before there were rankings and when it used to have those events on the Borderlands? Thats cool man, but hey guess what, I am from that time as well. I play this game since 2012, but since i dont have a big rank guess i am not considered a veteran….but anyway, this is GW2, this game have 3 game modes, it was your choice to play WvW and WvW only, the fact that used to be a unrewarding game mode when compared to PvE, its completely irrelavent.
The thing is, everyone is willing to work hard for the new rewards, but when you take a look at the big picture and realize the big diferrence between the 2 extremes. The fact that a Diamond player progress 700% faster then a new player, not for doing some extra work or anything, but for doing the exact same activite, you gotta admit that theres something really wrong with the system. And also the fact that, again considering both extremes, one player would have to play for around 17h a day to get the diamond chest, while the other would have to play for around 1h….how can you look at this facts and tell me that this system is fair. I said this before, and I gonna say it again, so far, nobody here have show any real argument that proves that this reward system is good and healthy for the game. Please, tell me where on PvP or PvE that a vet player can get 700% more rewards just based on his rank or achievements.
Would you, or anyone here who is favour of this system, would agree that the next PvP League should be more rewarding for vet pvp players? Also having rewards locked behind Ranks?

Also, can we try to keep this conversation a little more mature and stop with this childish attacks? “filthy pve, casual, snowflakes, crybabies, etc” come on guys, how old are you? Grow up a little and try to be respectfull to other people, it became clear that you dont have arguments to attack what we say, so instead you attack us…it was kind of funny when started but now is just really pathetic.

in WvW

Posted by: Abjurer.9302

Abjurer.9302

There is already a mechanism that corrects the current disparity in pip generation. If a new player stays active in WvW they will eventually catch up to veteran players in pip generation because it takes more ranks to progress through the higher rank tiers.

A new player gaining 2000 ranks could see +3 pip generation while a veteran could see no change.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

The fact that a Diamond player progress 700% faster then a new player, not for doing some extra work or anything, but for doing the exact same activite

A Diamond player has all their WvW masteries maxed. They are not doing the exact same thing because their masteries modify how those activities are performed. They are in fact doing extra work because of these masteries.

If you didn’t have any players with masteries unlocked… No catapult shields to block projectiles and other siege. No protection from arrow cart fire with shield gen. No siege golem heals. No players carrying around enough supply. No 20% bonus increased damage to NPCs. It would take you longer to perform certain activities, giving time to the enemy and making WvW harder for you to play. Doesn’t make sense not to reward these players more.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Noctifera.3746

Noctifera.3746

wow i get a lot of pips..such a shame i get the same number of ticket like the op, so pips are relatives,now stop the QQ cause finally we have some reward

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I would like to point one thing out: current system also heavily favors heavy armor classes and eles/necros because those can stay in zerg and gain ranks faster where medium armor and the rest get kicked from squad/get forced into roaming so overall their rank gains are lower. Which results in actual class discrimination.

I mean if you find it ok, then i think classes like guards and co. should gain less pips/rewards in pvp and less shards/rewards in pve. Let’s see how long it will be ok.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I would like to point one thing out: current system also heavily favors heavy armor classes and eles/necros because those can stay in zerg and gain ranks faster where medium armor and the rest get kicked from squad/get forced into roaming so overall their rank gains are lower. Which results in actual class discrimination.

This is false. You do not need to be zerging to get rank gain. An efficient roaming pattern will get very solid WXP gains; the only consistently better way to get WXP is karmatraining on an empty map. If you’re karmatraining anyway, commander don’t care what class you bring. A good roamer can exploit objective tagging to gain WXP from the targets or they can fill a forward scouting role for the commander and the commander will give them scout credit for WXP gains.

If you’re an effective roaming scout, you will get the best WXP rate in the game with the commander feeding you Scout WXP while you also gain your own WXP at a strong rate. I’d have to check, but I think you also get the WXP of the other roaming scouts as well.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Deratrius.4035

Deratrius.4035

Mithril rank here. The pip rank bonus system is absolutely unfair to new players and I am a bit disappointed to see so many fellow WvW players trying to put PvE players down. We’ve been complaining about WvW losing numbers and wondering about how to keep the game mode alive but now everyone is more worried about getting their extra pip than about keeping that fresh blood in WvW. There hasn’t been this much activity since the last tournaments, don’t you guys want to keep this going?

Our goal should be to keep WvW alive, get new players to join and stay, incentivise winning & fights along with server loyalty. You could have this and still reward veterans by having a higher base pip (say 3) and/or more pips for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place (say 5-4-3).

If a new guy in my guild gets 1 pip while I get 6 that’s a crazy difference. With a higher base he would get 6 and I would get 12. I still get twice as many but he can actually progress and if he commits close to 3hours a day he can still get Diamond, it’s a ton of time but it’s doable. Currently he would need like 17 hours which is complete nonsense.

Hell if base pip was higher, I wouldn’t even be mad if the rank bonus pip I get was lowered or even removed entirely. I still get access to exclusive skins by merit of being higher rank alone so it’s not like I get NOTHING.

Mystic Discipline [MD] – Aurora Glade (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Jaysian.8135

Jaysian.8135

Mithril rank here. The pip rank bonus system is absolutely unfair to new players and I am a bit disappointed to see so many fellow WvW players trying to put PvE players down. We’ve been complaining about WvW losing numbers and wondering about how to keep the game mode alive but now everyone is more worried about getting their extra pip than about keeping that fresh blood in WvW. There hasn’t been this much activity since the last tournaments, don’t you guys want to keep this going?

Our goal should be to keep WvW alive, get new players to join and stay, incentivise winning & fights along with server loyalty. You could have this and still reward veterans by having a higher base pip (say 3) and/or more pips for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place (say 5-4-3).

If a new guy in my guild gets 1 pip while I get 6 that’s a crazy difference. With a higher base he would get 6 and I would get 12. I still get twice as many but he can actually progress and if he commits close to 3hours a day he can still get Diamond, it’s a ton of time but it’s doable. Currently he would need like 17 hours which is complete nonsense.

Hell if base pip was higher, I wouldn’t even be mad if the rank bonus pip I get was lowered or even removed entirely. I still get access to exclusive skins by merit of being higher rank alone so it’s not like I get NOTHING.

B..bu..but I have been neglected by Anet for so long, shouldn’t I get reward few times faster than a new player? I mean I have been contributing so much to the wvw community by….?… i mean by somehow I made wvw better that kind of stuff. Anyway I deserve more reward than newbies to wvw even if i was doing that 10 min afk thing I do (tip for prestige hardcore vet wvw player, the decay start every 10 min, so go afk for 10 min comeback kill a mob then go afk again or web surfing somthing, YOU STILL GET WAY MORE REWARD PROGRESS THAN THOSE NEWBIES! LMAO!) Anyway as a hardcore wvw player who dedicated so much time and effort to the wvw community somehow, the pips are fine as it is. In fact new player should not even get pips at all, they need to be certain level to unlock them! (not that even matter at all since they barely get 1-2 LMAO!)