in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

This is still going? Have the arguments gone anywhere or are we circling around?

We seem to have moved on from the 2K armour requests to the pips now.

I consider that progress.

No the 2K requirement is still total bs mindless grindfest which should be brought within reason. It shows Anet’s intent of long term abandonment of the game mode.

Shhh, let it go.

Let it go.

I actually feel it’s Anet’s investment in the longterm health of the game.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

You wvwers continuously attack and try to tell players who play for rewards that they are doing it wrong. Getting rewards in gw2 is end game and to discourage that type of play is ridiculous. You also continuously ignore any complaint from new players or veteran gw2 players that suggest that the new system is “dissuasive” which it is. But u know keep ignoring it and shutting it down, should do wonders for the wvw population.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

No u ignore all logic so it’s worse then trolling. Simple fact is I am correct In my argument. I don’t post arguments that can be invalidated. Just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t make my argument any less valid. The arguments I assert in this thread are 100% true and doesn’t matter if u don’t agree with it it’s a fact.

There is nothing as egregious as the new wvw system and there is nothing in game that it’s comparable to in terms of sheer grind and time spent. My main objection is the direction of the development of the game as a whole. I prefer games that reward skill but apparently you all love low skill high grind games. If u guys want the game to become a mindless grindfest then your all doing a very good job of that. If your all pleased with the new system then so be it, but I can tell u that it dissuades all new players and a lot of veteran players. But if u don’t care about that then by all means.

Because you said so is not a reason our arguments aren’t valid. They are valid. Just because you don’t like them, doesn’t mean they are suddenly not valid. Because guess what: this game does not revolve around you.

And guess what, this system doesn’t dissuade me from playing WvW and for WvW purposes, I’m a new player. My 5 ranks come from doing map completion from back when that was required to get the Gift of Exploration. I’d kill sentries, get blood lust, and take camps that I ran into if possible. Because killing NPC’s is the same between PvE and WvW.

I realize that I chose to not play WvW and therefore am not given the bonus for being a veteran of WvW. And should I choose to one day play WvW, I will eventually get the ranks required to get more PIPS.

I don’t like competitive play is the reason I don’t play WvW. They could give out legendary weapons and 100 gold every time you captured SMC and I wouldn’t play WvW.

Only against my argument they aren’t valid when I say there is nothing comparable to the amount of grind in this new system compared to anything else or the fact that rewards are locked behind 2K hours of gameplay. That’s a fact. When I say this is a shift in what Anet promised customers as to low grind gameplay and that this new system is a betrayal of that value, it’s a fact.

You can say that you like the new system, but u can’t argue that what I’m saying isn’t true. Your arguments aren’t valid because you are arguing against logic which is based on facts and your countering with nonsense like saying that there are other systems that are comparable to wvw reward system, which there isn’t.

Typically a change in leadership is a change in strategy. What was once “promised” (I doubt they used the word) in the beginning has changed. They wanted to break the trifecta of tank, damage, and heals at launch, but ultimately end up adding it with HoT for instance. This is a much bigger of a change in direction than pips.

Given this, it isn’t logical to place all blame on these players reactions to your OP. I doubt these “vets” are 100% happy with ANET’s additions given the major things needed are game play based not necessarily rewards.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They said there would be no FORCED grind. You are not forced to get a specific amount of bonus PIPS in order to do anything in this game. You aren’t locked out of entering Eternal Battlegrounds or from making a legendary or anything.

So this change does not go against that.

You aren’t forced to grind for the bonus PIPS.

And yes, I can, because other posters have posted examples of that in other game modes. Other posters have already proven that statement fals.e

in WvW

Jayne.9251

The good news is that we’re down to just one guy creating multiple threads/posts.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

You wvwers continuously attack and try to tell players who play for rewards that they are doing it wrong. Getting rewards in gw2 is end game and to discourage that type of play is ridiculous. You also continuously ignore any complaint from new players or veteran gw2 players that suggest that the new system is “dissuasive” which it is. But u know keep ignoring it and shutting it down, should do wonders for the wvw population.

Generalizing us never good. Collection is end game for you.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

The good news is that we’re down to just one guy creating multiple threads/posts.

Yah cuz they already quit, keep dissuading and berating new players and gw2 vets who say that the new reward system is dissuasive and demotivating to continuous wvw play, which it is. Should do wonders for the wvw population. Saturday 2 weeks after patch on tier 1 and 2 borderlands are outmanned.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

snip

GW2 is still a low grind gameplay. No one has to get the prestige ascended gear or any of the ascended armor in wvw. No one needs to get the legend in wvw. Everyone wants it. Which is nice now that wvw has one of the best armor skins now. Ascended armor has been out for a long time. These cosmetic skins are nice but they are not a necessity to playing or enjoying the game.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yah cuz they already quit, keep dissuading and berating new players and gw2 vets who say that the new reward system is dissuasive and demotivating to continuous wvw play, which it is. Should do wonders for the wvw population. Saturday 2 weeks after patch on tier 1 and 2 borderlands are outmanned.

Oh that’s cos you’re on Desolation… Er, I mean Blackgate.

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Oh really, so If i play spvp, and I’m rank 80 because I put in so many hours, and your rank 1 cuz you don’t play spvp. I should technically get my legendary backpiece 4-5x quicker then you right (and I mean quicker as in i get 3-4x the amount of rewards then you do for doing the same thing you are)? Oh waitttttt thats not how that works right…… even though i put all that effort in prior right?

Guess what?? You do get the The Ascension faster than a new player. Wanna know why? Let’s list:

1) Players only have access to Ranked mode once they are rank 20 or higher;

2) Veterans of the PvP mode knows how conquest format works;

3) Long term players are aware of builds, skills, game play and, hopefully, map awareness;

4) Veterans have a higher chance of landing on gold or higher in divisions thus gaining more pips for winning a match;

5) Players have been rewarded with a tracker which can give gold, mats and clovers, necessary items for legendary creation

By the time a new player starts playing Ranked games and, perhaps, winning PiPs, veteran players will be, at least, 1/3 ahead of them on the making.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Generalizing us never good. Collection is end game for you.

This would be one of the times that the “us versus them” isn’t far off from the reality. Believe or not, games/games modes do target specific demographics. He/she has a conflicting one to the “vets.”

As for that person’s rampage on the forums, they’re a lot like Trump in comparison. Says a conclusion that’s loosely correct by some obscure reasoning, however the conclusion gets validated by other reasons that weren’t mentioned by them…

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

This is still going? Have the arguments gone anywhere or are we circling around?

We seem to have moved on from the 2K armour requests to the pips now.

I consider that progress.

No the 2K requirement is still total bs mindless grindfest which should be brought within reason. It shows Anet’s intent of long term abandonment of the game mode.

Shhh, let it go.

Let it go.

I actually feel it’s Anet’s investment in the longterm health of the game.

What it indicates is a long term solution most likely due to them not wanting to implement any new content in wvw. That’s what it means in most mmos. It also is an indication of abandonment of the game mode or at very least a large content drought associated with the game mode in the near future. This Is the reason I protest this.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

No the 2K requirement is still total bs mindless grindfest which should be brought within reason.

First the backpack is only 350, which you can honestly reach within a month or two without killing yourself, so it’s on par with the other modes.
For the 2K armor, sure it’s a grind but on par with the grind we had to go through with pve raids, and you need tickets anyway, so even if they would lower that you would still not get it in shorter time.

You’re gonna have to rank up no matter what, that part is the dedication and dedication is what is locking these rewards. There is nothing wrong with that. The weekly reset/timegate is the only real bad stuff.

Rank 2K takes 1 1/2 to 2 years. Legend armor takes 3-6 months. So no its not on par with other game modes. If u hit ticket cap each week the backpack takes 4 1/2 months not 2 months.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Oh really, so If i play spvp, and I’m rank 80 because I put in so many hours, and your rank 1 cuz you don’t play spvp. I should technically get my legendary backpiece 4-5x quicker then you right (and I mean quicker as in i get 3-4x the amount of rewards then you do for doing the same thing you are)? Oh waitttttt thats not how that works right…… even though i put all that effort in prior right?

Guess what?? You do get the The Ascension faster than a new player. Wanna know why? Let’s list:

3) Long term players are aware of builds, skills, game play and, hopefully, map awareness;

4) Veterans have a higher chance of landing on gold or higher in divisions thus gaining more pips for winning a match;

5) Players have been rewarded with a tracker which can give gold, mats and clovers, necessary items for legendary creation

By the time a new player starts playing Ranked games and, perhaps, winning PiPs, veteran players will be, at least, 1/3 ahead of them on the making.

Lol this is hilarious. Ur comparing player skill and what a player can do to a hard coded mechanic put in by anet, u realize this right?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Oh that’s cos you’re on Desolation… Er, I mean Blackgate.

Yah u know black gate the one that consistently has the highest wvw population compared to other servers and yet its outnumbered on 2 maps on a Saturday. The one that wins 1st because of our high population.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Seera.5916

ANet can choose to reward players who have put in the TIME to reach a certain rank. Regardless of whether or not skill is required. It is not unfair to anyone for ANet to reward players who have spent TIME playing WvW to gain ranks.

It in no way dissuades people from playing WvW that were truly interested in playing WvW. Those it dissuades were likely people looking for an excuse to stop playing it or to not play it.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

ANet can choose to reward players who have put in the TIME to reach a certain rank. Regardless of whether or not skill is required. It is not unfair to anyone for ANet to reward players who have spent TIME playing WvW to gain ranks.

It in no way dissuades people from playing WvW that were truly interested in playing WvW. Those it dissuades were likely people looking for an excuse to stop playing it or to not play it.

my thought process on seeing rewards = “oh cool that looks neat” – “cool maybe they will do some stuff for wvw i like wvw, i think I will play again to earn that” "I’m sure the grind for it will be within reason like all the other rewards in game 3months – 1 year. " “should be fun ill play wvw maybe it will be like tournaments again how exciting” “wow 2 years for the rank 2k” “wow 40 hrs per week to hit ticket cap” “lol screw this” “hope they dont do this to other game modes” “great is this now a grind game” “what is anet thinking, this is not what they sold us on when I bought the game” “this means the game is dying and they arent making new stuff with antics like this” “wow wvw veterans are defening this, why would they do this?” “oh thats right they already are rank 2k and they are selfish so they dont care cuz they already have it” “more insults from wvwers the usual, wow this community is inconsiderate of others” – Now we’re at the present.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I’m also far from alone in thinking this is dissuasive to continuous wvw play. Here’s gw2 veteran “that_shamans” opinion of it:

https://twitter.com/that_shaman/status/876914343299952641

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: tuvok.7806

tuvok.7806

I’m also far from alone in thinking this is dissuasive to continuous wvw play. Here’s gw2 veteran “that_shamans” opinion of it:

https://twitter.com/that_shaman/status/876914343299952641

Then don’t play WvW? It’s that simple. You want the chestpiece? Put in the time. Is it that big of a deal for you to complain about on the forums? If you’re going for the backpiece, you only need 350.

from the tweet:

“If I want to hit the 175 ticket cap I would have to play WvW for about 7 hours a day 7 days a week.. That’s called a job not a game.”

keyword there is “cap”. No one is forcing him to max out. If he wants to make it a job, then that’s his issue. In any case, he can accumulate those tickets at his own pace. Same for you. They’re not going anywhere. It took me 4 years to make my first legendary. Instead of whining, “Aint nobody got time for that.” I just did it.

in WvW

Seera.5916

There are these things called long term goals. Maybe ANet wanted some things to be long term goals in the game and not short term ones.

That they wanted something that WvW vets could show as an indicator that they have put forth the time and effort to get the item.

And maybe they wanted the weekly cap to be higher than what the average player would get so that most players would always have the motivation to play longer so that they could get more rewards rather than just enough to reach the cap.

Nothing ANet does will be liked by all of the player base. Just because you and others don’t like it, doesn’t mean it has to change.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

There are these things called long term goals. Maybe ANet wanted some things to be long term goals in the game and not short term ones.

That they wanted something that WvW vets could show as an indicator that they have put forth the time and effort to get the item.

And maybe they wanted the weekly cap to be higher than what the average player would get so that most players would always have the motivation to play longer so that they could get more rewards rather than just enough to reach the cap.

Nothing ANet does will be liked by all of the player base. Just because you and others don’t like it, doesn’t mean it has to change.

nope certainly dosent have to change, but the path were headed down is that of a grindy korean mmo i guess if u like that sort of thing. Its also pretty lame that other game modes dont really track dedication (time spent) as much as wxp does for wvwers.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Lol this is hilarious. Ur comparing player skill and what a player can do to a hard coded mechanic put in by anet, u realize this right?

?????

You just said a bunch of untrue statements. I’ve corrected you and answered your question according. Now, what the kitten your last response has to do with your previous question??? Don’t bring pvp in comparison if you can’t handle the truth.

Please, use real facts next time you try to bring up an argument. Now it is just silly and you are shooting at any direction trying to make your pledge, if can really call that, relevant.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

One can only hope that the design model for WvW gets integrated into the other game modes so veterans get more than relatively new players in all areas of the game.

That being said I’d also like to see repeatable diamond tickets as well.

in WvW

Ulion.5476

snip

When you bought the game did you believe you would get the legendary armor or a legendary at the start? The first time I saw the legendary require I said it was stupid but I eventually got one before christmas. HoT came out and I said the same thing again but got another one. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO GET THE WVW PRESTIGE GEAR. They are other game mode that you can play and enjoy.

Wvwer have spend thousand of hours in a game mode that did not have many rewards because its fun or relaxing. Wvwer have been neglected for so long with years posts asking for changes that we would like to improve the quality of life in wvw only to be ignored. Wvwer are defending the prestige armor because its special but the pip system has its flaws.

The older wvwer are complaining about the ticket limit and casual wvwer complain about it not being possible to finish the pip track on a weekly basis playing casually. I wish I could trade in my siege/badge of honor for tickets :P. The time it take to complete the prestige set is enormous, still that’s the final reward in wvw atm. Even the active wvw can not immediately finish the prestige armor or warbringer. Acting like the high rank wvwer are immediately gifted with the prestige armor is funny, we still have to work for it. By the time I finish with my first prestige armor I will probably be at mithril rank 4095.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

snip

When you bought the game did you believe you would get the legendary armor or a legendary at the start?

No but i thought 3 months to 1 year was reasonable, apparently its not.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Seera.5916

nope certainly dosent have to change, but the path were headed down is that of a grindy korean mmo i guess if u like that sort of thing. Its also pretty lame that other game modes dont really track dedication (time spent) as much as wxp does for wvwers.

I don’t like forced grind. This game was advertised to not have any forced grind.

There’s not a single bit of forced grind in this game.

Koren MMO’s have a ton of forced grind and/or pay walls.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

can be attained in 1 day, not even remotely comparable to the 40 hrs needed per week to hit ticket cap or the 2 years needed to buy the armor.

That has nothing to do with anything. What if you play conquest every day but you suck really bad? How then would knowing how it works help at all? How does knowing how wvw work help to grind 40 hrs per week to ticket cap or to get to rank 2000 in a reasonable time frame? According to your argument if i “know” how spvp works then i should technically just Get things faster because that information is in my brain. I’m talking about mechanics that were coded by devs not individuals awareness of knowledge or their skill level.

exact same argument as number 2 it has nothing to do with anything. Yes i agree with you someone who knows how to play the game well will most likely get things faster, but the argument is based on mechanics that arenanet has programmed not what players can do.

same argument as above! Oh veterans have a higher chance on gold or higher divisions? Really how is this so? So your saying that I am a “veteran” because i play spvp for 2k hours. So because I play for 2k hours that means what? I automatically get gold or higher division by standing there? Because i am a “veteran” and I play 2k hours and thats how anet CODED it?

is this even an argument? What are you trying to say here? what does gold have to d with anything, you can earn gold by playing the trading post? Mats and clovers by playing pve,wvw, or spvp. I don’t get it?

How do you know this. What is your definition of a “veteran” in code/mechanics? WHat if i played 10k hours in spvp but i suck horribly. Its possible. SO then where are my rewards for being a “veteran” (ie playing 10k hours) but i Suck at the game mode, so the game is coded to give me more rewards simply because i am a “veteran” RIGHT? No thats not how it works though so see theres the comparison when you compare it to wvw rank/reward mechanics.

Using ur same logic to wvw = I am a god in wvw im the best there is, but i am only rank 500 so then why cant i purchase the armor? why cant i use my skill to get pips faster? oh thats cuz im not a “veteran” (ie played to rank 2000)

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

snip

When you bought the game did you believe you would get the legendary armor or a legendary at the start?

#notyourpvecandy

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

snip

#notyourpvecandy

wow great soundbite u really convinced me, truth is i have more candy then you’ll ever get

#lrnhow2gw2

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: somewhatobsessed.6309

somewhatobsessed.6309

Rank 2K takes 1 1/2 to 2 years. Legend armor takes 3-6 months. So no its not on par with other game modes. If u hit ticket cap each week the backpack takes 4 1/2 months not 2 months.

It doesn’t need to be ‘on par." WvW is not a hit-it-and-quit-it game mode like 99% of PvE. It’s a long-term goal for long-term players of a long-term game mode, and I think the team did a great job at spacing out the rewards and rank requirements.

Like I told you elsewhere, if you’d started back when the WvW team announced they were working on a rewards update, you’d be halfway there by now. You didn’t and now you’re behind. Oh well, lesson learned.

Also, it looks infinitely better than legendary armor, so it should take longer to acquire.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

It doesn’t need to be ‘on par." WvW is not a hit-it-and-quit-it game mode like 99% of PvE. It’s a long-term goal for long-term players of a long-term game mode, and I think the team did a great job at spacing out the rewards and rank requirements.

Like I told you elsewhere, if you’d started back when the WvW team announced they were working on a rewards update, you’d be halfway there by now. You didn’t and now you’re behind. Oh well, lesson learned.

Also, it looks infinitely better than legendary armor, so it should take longer to acquire.

oh ok well lets take it in terms of spvp then. That requires 10x the skill of wvw. Yet there rewards are on par w/pve rewards. So then why is wvw so special? I think the team did a terrible job implementing the spacing of rewards. You hit 1k which is doable u get all those ranks and then there is a gap of 500-1000 ranks before u get stuff. Seems very short sided to me.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

somewhatobsessed.6309

oh ok well lets take it in terms of spvp then. That requires 10x the skill of wvw. Yet there rewards are on par w/pve rewards. So then why is wvw so special?.

On the contrary, I would say that PvP rewards are on par with the type of game mode that PvP is. If you’re exceptionally good at it, you’ll advance quickly and get your rewards faster and possibly better rewards than casuals. If you’re exceptionally bad, however, you may not advance at all and might find yourself having to grind through terrible match after terrible match to get whatever it is you’re after. Sure, someone who has never PvPed before could jump in tomorrow and work on The Ascension, but he might have to invest more time than someone who has competed in the Pro League. WvW isn’t special, it’s just different.

I think the team did a terrible job implementing the spacing of rewards. You hit 1k which is doable u get all those ranks and then there is a gap of 500-1000 ranks before u get stuff. Seems very short sided to me.

I just reached rank 1k. There are plenty of rewards that I can collect while I earn my ranks for the Mistforged set (the T2, the Hero’s and Mistforged Hero’s weapons, maybe start Warbringer if I feel like it). If all you care about is that 2k chest, then you’re playing WvW for the wrong reasons.

in WvW

Ulion.5476

Well the Warbringer fits that timeframe, the prestige armor does not and that the big issue. I was thinking that raiders and casual players a would love the Warbringer not complain about the prestige armor, I was very wrong. Some raiders do not like the legendary armor even though I think the light armor looks awesome.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

oh ok well lets take it in terms of spvp then. That requires 10x the skill of wvw. Yet there rewards are on par w/pve rewards. So then why is wvw so special?.

On the contrary, I would say that PvP rewards are on par with the type of game mode that PvP is. If you’re exceptionally good at it, you’ll advance quickly and get your rewards faster and possibly better rewards than casuals. If you’re exceptionally bad, however, you may not advance at all and might find yourself having to grind through terrible match after terrible match to get whatever it is you’re after. Sure, someone who has never PvPed before could jump in tomorrow and work on The Ascension, but he might have to invest more time than someone who has competed in the Pro League. WvW isn’t special, it’s just different.

I think the team did a terrible job implementing the spacing of rewards. You hit 1k which is doable u get all those ranks and then there is a gap of 500-1000 ranks before u get stuff. Seems very short sided to me.

I just reached rank 1k. There are plenty of rewards that I can collect while I earn my ranks for the Mistforged set (the T2, the Hero’s and Mistforged Hero’s weapons, maybe start Warbringer if I feel like it). If all you care about is that 2k chest, then you’re playing WvW for the wrong reasons.

right so im good at spvp where is my shortcut, only player skill increases my advancement to rewards no such mechanic in place to shorten time to rewards. the gain from player skill is moderate at best.

im good at pve, only player skill increases my advancement to rewards no such mechanic in place to shorten time to rewards. the gain from player skill is minimal at best.

im good at wvw, player skill is irrelevant to advancement only time spent increases advancement to rewards this type of mechanic is coded to only this game mode.

rewards ins spvp take 3-6 months
rewards in pve take 3 months to 1 year
rewards in wvw take 5 months – 2 year

spvp – requires some skill, and nominal grind – having skill gives some advantage
pve – reqires no skill and a nominal grind – having skill gives some advantage
wvw – requires no skill and an outrageous grind – having skill gives infinitesimal advantage in terms of advancement to rewards due to the severity of the grind.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Your complaining has reached nonsensical proportions.

I totally agree with Jayne. Let it go…for your sanity and everyone elses.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Your complaining has reached nonsensical proportions.

I totally agree with Jayne. Let it go…for your sanity and everyone elses.

uh no, this community is going to hear the complaints of others

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Here’s an idea then. If you spent as much time in wvw as you do arguing you would have many ranks by now lol….get off the forum and just go play! Which is what Anet intended.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Here’s an idea then. If you spent as much time in wvw as you do arguing you would have many ranks by now lol….get off the forum and just go play! Which is what Anet intended.

i am playing while i type on forums all while yelling at ppl in wvw as well

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

somewhatobsessed.6309

im good at wvw, player skill is irrelevant to advancement only time spent increases advancement to rewards this type of mechanic is coded to only this game mode.

If you really believe all this, you don’t understand WvW very well. Bad players = loot bags. Loot bags don’t make much progress.

rewards in wvw take 5 months – 2 years

Irrelevant.

wvw – requires no skill and an outrageous grind – having skill gives infinitesimal advantage in terms of advancement to rewards due to the severity of the grind.

Again, if you truly believe this, you don’t understand WvW. If you think it’s an outrageous and severe grind (I firmly disagree), you should find a more enjoyable way to spend your time.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

If you really believe all this, you don’t understand WvW very well. Bad players = loot bags. Loot bags don’t make much progress.

Irrelevant.

Again, if you truly believe this, you don’t understand WvW. If you think it’s an outrageous and severe grind (I firmly disagree), you should find a more enjoyable way to spend your time.

The amount of wxp gain from getting bags is minimal. Real wxp is gained from karma trains with boosters. Yah im afraid I “get” wvw.

Yes anything over 1 year to obtain in an mmo in 2017 is severe, Needing to play wvw 30-40 hours per week to hit ticket cap is severe in 2017. Believe me I know, I used to play ffxi, I know what a real grind looks like.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Seera.5916

Irrelevant.

The amount of wxp gain from getting bags is minimal. Real wxp is gained from karma trains with boosters. Yah im afraid I “get” wvw.

Yes anything over 1 year to obtain in an mmo in 2017 is severe, Needing to play wvw 30-40 hours per week to hit ticket cap is severe in 2017. Believe me I know, I used to play ffxi, I know what a real grind looks like.

Newflash: GW2 shipped with the mindset of doing things differently than other MMOs. So while most MMO’s may think in the time frame of 1 year max for their long term goals, GW2 does things differently.

It’s also not unhealthy for an MMO company to think in the greater than 1 year time frame for rewards. Because they want players playing for more than one year.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This is not at all true. Players who have played a lot of WvW are in no way forced to play WvW less because they will get rewards faster. That you think so reveals that your only interest here is the reward.

Ugh, What? Where did I say anything about “forced to play less”?
You don’t have to play as much as a low rank to get the same reward, how did you come to translate that by “forced to play less” ??

I did play many days of WvW after getting diamond, please do not assume things about people.

Should be rewarded the most yes. By giving more things or locking rewards behind higher ranks. There are many ways to do it.

The only reward you get is less time in that mode you’re committed to play. It’s less a reward for you than it is a punishment for someone who wants to get started. Hence all the fuss about it.

I was perhaps confused by the statement above which I have italicized. On the face of it it looks like you’re saying their reward is playing less. I see now that you meant that they need to commit less time to get the reward. I find your phrasing above to be a bit awkward, but your clarification to be, well, clear.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Irrelevant.

Newflash: GW2 shipped with the mindset of doing things differently than other MMOs. So while most MMO’s may think in the time frame of 1 year max for their long term goals, GW2 does things differently.

It’s also not unhealthy for an MMO company to think in the greater than 1 year time frame for rewards. Because they want players playing for more than one year.

this game has been committed to low grind < 1 year for any rewards for its entire duration (even in gw1) of existence until the unveiling of this wvw reward system.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Seera.5916

Irrelevant.

this game has been committed to low grind < 1 year for any rewards for its entire duration (even in gw1) of existence until the unveiling of this wvw reward system.

Please find me a quote from an ANet staff member where they said that all rewards were to be able to be completed by the average player in under 1 year.

Until then, you’ve pulled that time frame out of thin air and you can’t use it in an argument.

The only thing I recall them saying about grind was that there would be no forced grind. Please tell me how this grind is forced. Am I locked out of Eternal Battlegrounds until I have the armor?

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Irrelevant.

Please find me a quote from an ANet staff member where they said that all rewards were to be able to be completed by the average player in under 1 year.

Until then, you’ve pulled that time frame out of thin air and you can’t use it in an argument.

The only thing I recall them saying about grind was that there would be no forced grind. Please tell me how this grind is forced. Am I locked out of Eternal Battlegrounds until I have the armor?

there is no quote that I’m aware of. Yet all rewards were obtainable for the past 15 years in less than a 1 year time frame, except for this new wvw system. So we can assume this is a new trend, and a direction for the game that I’m certainly not pleased with. But yah I suppose they could make new grinds take 5-10 years if they wanted to. Dunno if thats a good idea though, certainly not how they advertised the game.

It definently wasnt advertised as a no required grind game, with Optional 2 years + grinds, because thats now what it is. They stuck with the statement that “nobody likes to grind” giving the impression that this is a low grind game, and indeed it has been all optional grinds have been within reason except for this.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto/

“It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun;”

“Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.”

https://youtu.be/FU1JUwPqzQY?t=1m21s

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Not my motherlanguage, sorry for the confusion

Giving permanent discounts is different imho because you are offered two solutions: If you’re low rank you can either spend more of them for a reward, or wait, grind up ranks, and then spend them.
In both cases veterans are winning, the only difference is that you can rank up at our own speed without effectively “losing” tickets every week.

in WvW

Posted by: Abjurer.9302

Abjurer.9302

Irrelevant.

there is no quote that I’m aware of. Yet all rewards were obtainable for the past 15 years in less than a 1 year time frame, except for this new wvw system. So we can assume this is a new trend, and a direction for the game that I’m certainly not pleased with. But yah I suppose they could make new grinds take 5-10 years if they wanted to. Dunno if thats a good idea though, certainly not how they advertised the game.

It definently wasnt advertised as a no required grind game, with Optional 2 years + grinds, because thats now what it is. They stuck with the statement that “nobody likes to grind” giving the impression that this is a low grind game, and indeed it has been all optional grinds have been within reason except for this.

“It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun;”

“Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.”

I am a WvW player who collects tonics. This is one of the PVE items that is going to take me years to acquire.

Endless Ley-Line Anomaly Tonic

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Irrelevant.

I am a WvW player who collects tonics. This is one of the PVE items that is going to take me years to acquire.

Endless Ley-Line Anomaly Tonic

its obtained in pve, but can be bought on the trading post. Play the trading post in wvw or use a credit card, problem solved. No 2k+ hours required.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Is anyone contributing anything new in this thread? Common. I’ve seen the same arguments over and over again. Let this die.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

It’s probably less about making sounds arguments than argue to get each other mad, except they’re all probably enjoying it.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW