in WvW

Posted by: somewhatobsessed.6309

somewhatobsessed.6309

The amount of wxp gain from getting bags is minimal. Real wxp is gained from karma trains with boosters. Yah im afraid I “get” wvw.

I was referring to player skill, not WXP. Karma trains are just one way to get WXP. I mostly run around solo and +1 in defensive fights as people call them out, and I’m pretty content with the amount of WXP and ranks I gain per session. If running around in blobs spamming autoattack is how you choose to play WvW, fine, but there’s more than one way to play.

Yes anything over 1 year to obtain in an mmo in 2017 is severe, Needing to play wvw 30-40 hours per week to hit ticket cap is severe in 2017. Believe me I know, I used to play ffxi, I know what a real grind looks like.

I don’t know much about FFXI, but I used to play a Korean F2P MMO that forever changed my perspective on the term “grind.” Leveling, drop hunting, skill point farming meant going out and killing the same set of mobs over and over for months (years if you didn’t have the full complement of cash shop items to help you) while competing with other players who also needed to grind those same mobs for their levels/drops/skill points (better pray they don’t just kill you for the spot because, without the appropriate cash shop items, you’ll lose all the progress you just made).

You could also have a pet that would give you an experience gain increase once it reached a certain level, but reaching that level meant more senseless mob farming. You could set up a character to do it AFK but that still meant beating on the same mob 24/7 for almost two full weeks. And you had to feed it every few hours or it would die (not to mention the time it took to go out and harvest enough food for it, on top of your tools wearing out/breaking and having to go back for replacements), and if other players found you, they could kill you/your pet (which meant paying a penalty fee to revive your pet that increased incrementally with each level), and all that just for a minimal exp. boost and the convenience of not having to run around and pick up all of your own loot (another useful pet function).

And that’s just the leveling experience. I won’t get into the nightmare of trying to gear up your character. The point is that, in light of my experiences with that game, if you call the new WvW reward system a “severe grind,” I’m going to politely /laugh in your face.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

The amount of wxp gain from getting bags is minimal. Real wxp is gained from karma trains with boosters. Yah im afraid I “get” wvw.

I was referring to player skill, not WXP. Karma trains are just one way to get WXP. I mostly run around solo and +1 in defensive fights as people call them out, and I’m pretty content with the amount of WXP and ranks I gain per session. If running around in blobs spamming autoattack is how you choose to play WvW, fine, but there’s more than one way to play.

Yes anything over 1 year to obtain in an mmo in 2017 is severe, Needing to play wvw 30-40 hours per week to hit ticket cap is severe in 2017. Believe me I know, I used to play ffxi, I know what a real grind looks like.

I don’t know much about FFXI, but I used to play a Korean F2P MMO that forever changed my perspective on the term “grind.” Leveling, drop hunting, skill point farming meant going out and killing the same set of mobs over and over for months (years if you didn’t have the full complement of cash shop items to help you) while competing with other players who also needed to grind those same mobs for their levels/drops/skill points (better pray they don’t just kill you for the spot because, without the appropriate cash shop items, you’ll lose all the progress you just made).

You could also have a pet that would give you an experience gain increase once it reached a certain level, but reaching that level meant more senseless mob farming. You could set up a character to do it AFK but that still meant beating on the same mob 24/7 for almost two full weeks. And you had to feed it every few hours or it would die (not to mention the time it took to go out and harvest enough food for it, on top of your tools wearing out/breaking and having to go back for replacements), and if other players found you, they could kill you/your pet (which meant paying a penalty fee to revive your pet that increased incrementally with each level), and all that just for a minimal exp. boost and the convenience of not having to run around and pick up all of your own loot (another useful pet function).

And that’s just the leveling experience. I won’t get into the nightmare of trying to gear up your character. The point is that, in light of my experiences with that game, if you call the new WvW reward system a “severe grind,” I’m going to politely /laugh in your face.

black desert online? I played it – final fantasy xi was worse

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

Final fantasy is not grind
neither is black desert

go back to times mmo’s where actually mmo’s try lineage 2, smashing countless of mobs and not even getting 0.01% on ur xp bar after a full train of mobs, but then u die and u lose 5% or some1 just kills you for the kitten off it and u lose also 5%.

theres no grind in games anymore..

if people wanna go up fast in WvW make a guardian and hold down 1 with a staff this way ull rack up ranks so easy its boring as kitten but ur ranking up like an idiot.

in WvW

reddie.5861

wvw = pvp
pve = rewards

i really dont understand why people are so horny over some reward system, seems im one of the few who really dont give a kitten about rewards lol

Yet you obviously care enough to tell us. :P

I like WvW. I like rewards.

im just getting sick of rewards topics with people constantly nagging..
i mean i started WvW the moment i could join (as upscaled) i went in WvW to lvl 80 i got all my gear through WvW, so we had rewards already it might have not been so great but honestly i never played WvW for rewards and im sick of people nagging about stupid rewards while there are far better things to fix in WvW

by starting off with massive skill lags during big PvP’s
and some proper balance for WvW only

etc etc but nope.. lets all nag about some kittenty rewards..

o btw for people who think im decked out with gear no i dont have a single legendary i just have ascended stuff and im more then happy with it.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Final fantasy is not grind
neither is black desert

go back to times mmo’s where actually mmo’s try lineage 2, smashing countless of mobs and not even getting 0.01% on ur xp bar after a full train of mobs, but then u die and u lose 5% or some1 just kills you for the kitten off it and u lose also 5%.

if people wanna go up fast in WvW make a guardian and hold down 1 with a staff this way ull rack up ranks so easy its boring as kitten but ur ranking up like an idiot.

final fantasy 11 is not a grind? LMAO?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

There are these things called long term goals. Maybe ANet wanted some things to be long term goals in the game and not short term ones.

That they wanted something that WvW vets could show as an indicator that they have put forth the time and effort to get the item.

And maybe they wanted the weekly cap to be higher than what the average player would get so that most players would always have the motivation to play longer so that they could get more rewards rather than just enough to reach the cap.

Nothing ANet does will be liked by all of the player base. Just because you and others don’t like it, doesn’t mean it has to change.

nope certainly dosent have to change, but the path were headed down is that of a grindy korean mmo i guess if u like that sort of thing. Its also pretty lame that other game modes dont really track dedication (time spent) as much as wxp does for wvwers.

I don’t like forced grind. This game was advertised to not have any forced grind.

There’s not a single bit of forced grind in this game.

Koren MMO’s have a ton of forced grind and/or pay walls.

As much as I am currently not enjoying WvW. I even have to agree with this guy. The only End Game tier’ed gear is like 5% – 7% stat increase. If you think that, is forcing you to do the 10000 hour grinds to get that gear. Then all I have to say is that you have either not played another MMO before, or you are just trolling.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: somewhatobsessed.6309

somewhatobsessed.6309

black desert online? I played it – final fantasy xi was worse

Nope, this was over 10 years ago.

This guy gets it!

Anyway, I’m done here, as we’re not really contributing anything new or meaningful to the discussion. Good luck in your quest for WvW shinies. It’s only as boring and grindy as you choose to make it. GW2 has always been about the journey, not the destination.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

You wvwers continuously attack and try to tell players who play for rewards that they are doing it wrong.

Playing a game mode in which you aren’t having fun, for the rewards, is absolutely the wrong way of going about it.

If you like the mode and play it regularly, you will get these rewards at some point. Maybe not immediately, but that’s fine. You’ll get them some day.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

We asked to be rewarded for loyalty to our servers and instead ended up with a bonus for continuing to play every week, that’s as good as it’s gonna get with this pip.

It is actually better than a loyalty pip because I’m sure you also have seen players in WvW recently who used to play WvW years ago but stopped. Why reward them for being on the same server but not having played WvW when you needed them? :p

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

- This whole system is done backward: If you play wvw as your main mode your only reward is… to play less. Quite baffling you aren’t asking for more meaningful rewards (discounts, special infusions aura, special high rank commander icon etc).

That’s not really fair. You’re free to continue to play, and the material bags actually seem to have similar chances to the real LS3 bags to get Ascended materials. Two rolls on that table for about 25 minutes play would be nicer if it gave the 10/5 it did real bags, but it isn’t that terrible to do; personally I ended up getting about 2000 pips last week.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

reddie.5861

You wvwers continuously attack and try to tell players who play for rewards that they are doing it wrong. Getting rewards in gw2 is end game and to discourage that type of play is ridiculous. .

because who plays a game for rewards?

getting rewards in gw2 means nice but its not needed is it?

for example give WvW the amulets sPvP has and no1 would need a single piece of gear thus no1 needs rewards and every1 is happy..
if u purely play for WvW or sPvP u shouldnt need rewards to keep u playing, u need fun if u dont have fun u shouldnt be playing to start off with.

u see, i tried PvE i ran rounds i had some website open which raid was spawning i went to all raids i got bored in 2/3 hours next day i tried again same thing.
i simply QUIT doing it cus i hated it. i couldnt care about rewards cus i didnt like it at all so i dumped my ass perma in WvW if i get bored i quit game for few months and i return but i will never return to PvE do u see my point? if i dont like something i dont do it i dont care what rewards one get which are only given to PvE players, i dont care about fancy skins etc i just wanna WvW be it with rewards or without.

oye i forgot to add i wasnt allowed in a single fractal group cus my w/e points where really low, like im going to search for some achievement points? like it shows my skill
so ye i havent seen much of pve world beside what i solo’d but none of it was interesting to me

(edited by reddie.5861)

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Your complaining has reached nonsensical proportions.

I totally agree with Jayne. Let it go…for your sanity and everyone elses.

uh no, this community is going to hear the complaints of others

No we wont, i can block you so i don’t have to watch you spout your nonsensical drivvle, whilst you throw your little tantrum because you actually have to watch others receive a reward they deserve, that you clearly do not.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Hockey.2417

Hockey.2417

The only fair PiP answer is to “Open BG”, it is not fair to them, they can only que 3 of 4 maps 24/7…..“Open BG”

ya………ok

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

The only fair PiP answer is to “Open BG”, it is not fair to them, they can only que 3 of 4 maps 24/7…..“Open BG”

unfair for bg because they can never get outmanned pips. rip

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

snip

When you bought the game did you believe you would get the legendary armor or a legendary at the start?

No but i thought 3 months to 1 year was reasonable, apparently its not.

#notyourpvecandy

wow great soundbite u really convinced me, truth is i have more candy then you’ll ever get

#lrnhow2gw2

L2p4fun

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Each player is limited per week in how many tickets they can get, therefore ranks are irrelevant as a rank 1 player can still get the same amount of tickets per week as someone with rank 9k. There are different ways to increase the amount of pips you can get, ranks are only a part of it and it is to reward players who have stuck with the game mode that for years was never as rewarding as pvp or pve.

The rewards are meant to be a longterm goal which is why there is a weekly limit. It is not meant to be farmed in a few days or weeks so people will get bored and leave.

If you dont like it, dont do it, simple as that. There are other ways of acquiring gear. None of the rewards are closed off to you if you actually want to work for them. Any player with a high rank had to earn them, it did not just magically happen and yet you seem to act like you are entitled to everything right away. How about you stop making thread after thread complaining about how this or that is not fair simply because it’s harder for you.

I’m aware of the ticket cap, you didnt address any of my logic, and basically just said if I dont like it, don’t do it.

My point is that its discouraging and puts newer players at a time disadvantage whereas other content does not.

There is no “logic”, its just complaining. Stop acting as if you are some champion for new players, we have seen your other threads. It is just constant complaining with an attitude of self entitlement. We get it, you want it easier and you think its unfair that they rewarded players who actually cared about WvW and not you.

hah acting like you deserve something over other players for (insert any reason here) is entitlement.

Bolded- Funny you say that, because it’s exactly how you’re acting…

You don’t deserve to be in the same position as someone who has been playing the mode. Quit waving your entitlement flag and grind like the rest of the players did.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Except it’s just you complaining and really nobody else.

Here’s the thing. You’ve spammed the forum about a piece of cosmetic appearance item that has zero impact whatsoever on your gameplay.

You’ve yet to give a viable reason for your demands, other than “I want it.”

You are representing your server in a very bad light and impacting whether people will transfer there. It’s true. The more you scream and yell about what you want, it makes it seem that’s the only type of player on your server — people who only care about themselves. WvW is a team sport. People out for themselves are not ideal teammates, and deeply impact how WvW is played.

Please stop this.

You have options. Either invest the time, or go find something else.

But please please please stop spamming this forum.

And if you’re doing it in game too, then I encourage other players to report you.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Felipe.1807

Felipe.1807

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Here’s the thing. You’ve spammed the forum about a piece of cosmetic appearance item that has zero impact whatsoever on your gameplay.

You are representing your server in a very bad light and impacting whether people will transfer there. It’s true. The more you scream and yell about what you want, it makes it seem that’s the only type of player on your server — people who only care about themselves. WvW is a team sport. People out for themselves are not ideal teammates, and deeply impact how WvW is played.

Please stop this.

And if you’re doing it in game too, then I encourage other players to report you.

We all bought this game, so as customers we have all right to complain when we feel cheated or disagree with something that Anet do…its Anet that should be actual professionals and give a answer about this issue, yet they remain on total silence.
I agree that the system should be reworked, but its been allmost a month and we havent seen any change, so I believe thats the way Anet wants the game mode to be. Myself i dont care anymore, just gonna keep playing the game normally, but if someone else feel that this is still a issue, i think is wrong to try to silence or censor this person.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Please stop this.

We all bought this game, so as customers we have all right to complain when we feel cheated or disagree with something that Anet do…its Anet that should be actual professionals and give a answer about this issue, yet they remain on total silence.
I agree that the system should be reworked, but its been allmost a month and we havent seen any change, so I believe thats the way Anet wants the game mode to be. Myself i dont care anymore, just gonna keep playing the game normally, but if someone else feel that this is still a issue, i think is wrong to try to silence or censor this person.

I think the frustration Jayne is voicing is that complaining in over 8 threads, several of which he created, and rehashing the same complaints, is taking away from actual insights and contributions.

And I guess you are new to the WvW forums? It is almost as rare to see an Anet response in here as it is to see a precursor drop.

Spamming the forums only succeeds in frustrating the population. THAT appears to be his primary motivation. He as almost stated as such between him standing around in WvW ‘talking’ in team chat,

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Please stop this.

It’s not censorship. Look at the front page of this forum. Look at any thread with more than one page.

This guy is spamming the forum, it’s bordering on abuse.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

snip

When you bought the game did you believe you would get the legendary armor or a legendary at the start?

No but i thought 3 months to 1 year was reasonable, apparently its not.

#notyourpvecandy

wow great soundbite u really convinced me, truth is i have more candy then you’ll ever get

#lrnhow2gw2

L2p4fun

how about you don’t tell me how to play the game. Gw2 – play your own way. In my opinion anyone who dosent play for rewards its really doing it wrong? I mean isnt that the basis for wvw wanting exclusivity on these items so badly? I mean if its all playing for fun then why do you care about the prestige of the items? Sounds like your fooling yourself and your really playing for the same reasons I am.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Each player is limited per week in how many tickets they can get, therefore ranks are irrelevant as a rank 1 player can still get the same amount of tickets per week as someone with rank 9k. There are different ways to increase the amount of pips you can get, ranks are only a part of it and it is to reward players who have stuck with the game mode that for years was never as rewarding as pvp or pve.

The rewards are meant to be a longterm goal which is why there is a weekly limit. It is not meant to be farmed in a few days or weeks so people will get bored and leave.

If you dont like it, dont do it, simple as that. There are other ways of acquiring gear. None of the rewards are closed off to you if you actually want to work for them. Any player with a high rank had to earn them, it did not just magically happen and yet you seem to act like you are entitled to everything right away. How about you stop making thread after thread complaining about how this or that is not fair simply because it’s harder for you.

I’m aware of the ticket cap, you didnt address any of my logic, and basically just said if I dont like it, don’t do it.

My point is that its discouraging and puts newer players at a time disadvantage whereas other content does not.

There is no “logic”, its just complaining. Stop acting as if you are some champion for new players, we have seen your other threads. It is just constant complaining with an attitude of self entitlement. We get it, you want it easier and you think its unfair that they rewarded players who actually cared about WvW and not you.

hah acting like you deserve something over other players for (insert any reason here) is entitlement.

You don’t deserve to be in the same position as someone who has been playing the mode. Quit waving your entitlement flag and grind like the rest of the players did.

no for some reason you think that complaining in order to enact change is entitlement. I would be entitled if I had the items in question and then stopped others from getting it. that = entitlement. Trying to change things has nothing to do with entitlement. Tell me throughout history people who protested to change workplace conditions because they were horrible. Were they entitled too? because apparently anyone who complains is entitled according to this logic.

entitlement is that you think you deserve something because you are special and that its your right to have it for whatever reason you make up. If you already have something and then actively try to block others from getting it, the argument you are using is one of entitlement. (its my thing and nobody else can have it, cuz im me or because of x)

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

You wvwers continuously attack and try to tell players who play for rewards that they are doing it wrong. Getting rewards in gw2 is end game and to discourage that type of play is ridiculous. .

because who plays a game for rewards?

getting rewards in gw2 means nice but its not needed is it?

for example give WvW the amulets sPvP has and no1 would need a single piece of gear thus no1 needs rewards and every1 is happy..
if u purely play for WvW or sPvP u shouldnt need rewards to keep u playing, u need fun if u dont have fun u shouldnt be playing to start off with.

u see, i tried PvE i ran rounds i had some website open which raid was spawning i went to all raids i got bored in 2/3 hours next day i tried again same thing.
i simply QUIT doing it cus i hated it. i couldnt care about rewards cus i didnt like it at all so i dumped my ass perma in WvW if i get bored i quit game for few months and i return but i will never return to PvE do u see my point? if i dont like something i dont do it i dont care what rewards one get which are only given to PvE players, i dont care about fancy skins etc i just wanna WvW be it with rewards or without.

oye i forgot to add i wasnt allowed in a single fractal group cus my w/e points where really low, like im going to search for some achievement points? like it shows my skill
so ye i havent seen much of pve world beside what i solo’d but none of it was interesting to me

well by your logic, nobody even needs to play the game, so we should all just not play it and don’t try to change it either because whats the point. Reward are pointless, and not needed. Fun game play is pointless and not needed. and also trying to make the game more reasonable and less grindy (which is what im doing, which results in more “fun” gameplay which is what you say is important) is also pointless.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Jayne.9251

no for some reason you think that complaining in order to enact change is entitlement.

No, it’s this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Social-engineering-and-MMO-forums/first#post5852682

in WvW

Swagger.1459

no for some reason you think that complaining in order to enact change is entitlement. I would be entitled if I had the items in question and then stopped others from getting it. that = entitlement. Trying to change things has nothing to do with entitlement. Tell me throughout history people who protested to change workplace conditions because they were horrible. Were they entitled too? because apparently anyone who complains is entitled according to this logic.

entitlement is that you think you deserve something because you are special and that its your right to have it for whatever reason you make up. If you already have something and then actively try to block others from getting it, the argument you are using is one of entitlement. (its my thing and nobody else can have it, cuz im me or because of x)

Actually, yes.

This is totally you… “entitlement is that you think you deserve something because you are special”…

Get in there and earn your ranks like the rest of the players. Stop acting like you’re entitled to something you haven’t earned. Also, please stop spamming the forums with pip rage posts.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Actually, yes.

This is totally you… “entitlement is that you think you deserve something because you are special”…

Get in there and earn your ranks like the rest of the players. Stop acting like you’re entitled to something you haven’t earned. Also, please stop spamming the forums with pip rage posts.

i never said to give it to me for free? I said to make the grind more reasonable and less dissuasive to play. They’ve set the carrot too high and its unreasonable. entitlement is a word used by those who “have” not the “have nots”

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Please stop this.

wow what are you the thought police? Censorship much? You say i have 0 arguments. I’ve articulated over 20 different reasons this is a bad decision by anet and yet that amounts to 0 arguments because you say so. Then you threaten to report me? for what I havent done anything to anyone? Might I add that its also abuse/harrasment on the forums to threaten to report someone. All of my arguments are invalid to you because you refuse to read any of them, even though the logic behind them is pretty flawless.

Answer this: Do you NEED this item to play the game? Or any of the new items? If you don’t have these items will you be unable to fairly compete with others who have them?

Please differentiate between want and need.

You’ve yet to provide an answer for this; besides “I want it”

If you are nonstop complaining in map (as you’ve indicated that you do in one of your posts) then it’s considered harassment. And it’s reportable.

no its not reportable to complain in map, but threatening someone in forums is.

no you dont need any of this. But ill use that argument to make my point. You dont need legendary armor you dont need anything in this game to play, you dont even need exotics to play or any armor for that matter.

So what are you arguing against that you just dont like complaining or people to try and change things? I mean with that logic why do the devs even bother to update the game, we dont need updates to play it right?

Thanks for proving my point.

And I’m not threatening you. I’m merely saying if you are abusing people in game the same way you are here, that folks should just report you.

Nonstop complaining in map chat interferes with gameplay; if people cannot get information out to their team because you’re spamming chat, you’re affecting their gameplay.

If you aren’t doing that, then there’s nothing to report.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Please stop this.

wow what are you the thought police? Censorship much? You say i have 0 arguments. I’ve articulated over 20 different reasons this is a bad decision by anet and yet that amounts to 0 arguments because you say so. Then you threaten to report me? for what I havent done anything to anyone? Might I add that its also abuse/harrasment on the forums to threaten to report someone. All of my arguments are invalid to you because you refuse to read any of them, even though the logic behind them is pretty flawless.

Answer this: Do you NEED this item to play the game? Or any of the new items? If you don’t have these items will you be unable to fairly compete with others who have them?

Please differentiate between want and need.

You’ve yet to provide an answer for this; besides “I want it”

If you are nonstop complaining in map (as you’ve indicated that you do in one of your posts) then it’s considered harassment. And it’s reportable.

no its not reportable to complain in map, but threatening someone in forums is.

no you dont need any of this. But ill use that argument to make my point. You dont need legendary armor you dont need anything in this game to play, you dont even need exotics to play or any armor for that matter.

So what are you arguing against that you just dont like complaining or people to try and change things? I mean with that logic why do the devs even bother to update the game, we dont need updates to play it right?

Thanks for proving my point.

And I’m not threatening you. I’m merely saying if you are abusing people in game the same way you are here, that folks should just report you.

If you aren’t, then there’s nothing to report.

ive been really respectful of everyone, the wvw community however has treated me like animals but whatever im not surprised by that in any way.

i never said it was a required grind, then again almost nothing in this entire game is, so really any complaint about a grind that you hear will always be about an optional grind. I still think it should be changed however.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Actually, yes.

i never said to give it to me for free? I said to make the grind more reasonable and less dissuasive to play. They’ve set the carrot too high and its unreasonable. entitlement is a word used by those who “have” not the “have nots”

“Everyone should get the same pips for playing in wvw.

You don’t get legendary armor or legendary fractal back piece faster because you have been playing pve for 5 years.

You don’t get the legendary spvp back piece faster because you are rank 80 and played spvp for 5 years.

So why do veteran wvw players, get anything faster? Why do they get exclusive armor that only they can obtain because of high ranks? Nothing else is gated behind high ranks. Entitlement.

Sure hope they add exclusive stuff for “veteran” spvpers and pvers. But I bet they won’t."

Sorry, but the devs made the reward system in wvw to show some love and appreciation to the players who actually played the mode… for years… throughout huge messes and lack of a lot of care for this part of the game…

Get over it…Stop acting entitled just because you didn’t care to participate in wvw before. Stop spamming the forums. Load up the game and play.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Actually, yes.

Where did I say “free”? …Try reading my post fully if you want to respond next time.

You don’t get legendary armor or legendary fractal back piece faster because you have been playing pve for 5 years.

You don’t get the legendary spvp back piece faster because you are rank 80 and played spvp for 5 years.

So why do veteran wvw players, get anything faster? Why do they get exclusive armor that only they can obtain because of high ranks? Nothing else is gated behind high ranks. Entitlement.

Sure hope they add exclusive stuff for “veteran” spvpers and pvers. But I bet they won’t."

Sorry, but the devs made the reward system in wvw to show some love and appreciation to the players who actually played the mode… for years… throughout huge messes and lack of a lot of care for this part of the game…

Get over it…Stop acting entitled just because you didn’t care to participate in wvw before. Stop spamming the forums. Load up the game and play.

great argument/logic there, get over it and just dont complain because you say so, even though i pointed out extremely valid examples of how this system is imbalanced compared to all other game systems.

Yup, it’s a fantastic argument! Ty!

Spend more time earning wvw levels and pips, and less time spamming these forums.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Actually, yes.

Where did I say “free”? …Try reading my post fully if you want to respond next time.

great argument/logic there, get over it and just dont complain because you say so, even though i pointed out extremely valid examples of how this system is imbalanced compared to all other game systems.

Spend more time earning wvw levels and pips, and less time spamming these forums.

This ^.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Actually, yes.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I doubt new players will even notice. I certainly wouldn’t. I would be more concerned with “oh my god, megablob inc and I’m too slow” or " oh my god, what is that cat wearing".

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Actually, yes.

This ^.

yah only its a 1 liner and its just your opinion, so uh i think no i wont do what you say? ok does that sum it up for you?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

I doubt new players will even notice. I certainly wouldn’t. I would be more concerned with “oh my god, megablob inc and I’m too slow” or " oh my god, what is that cat wearing".

Because you would be playing the mode, something he doesn’t want to do.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

im playing wvw right now smart guy. you act as though there is something special about wvw lol it can mostly be played with 1 hand.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Actually, yes.

You’re just choosing not to read properly and absorb the logic because you’re too busy rage spamming. You did not provide a rational argument for the system to change, you’re just complaining that it’s unfair that the devs reward players who remained dedicated to the mode… Get over your feeling of entitlement and get in there and be a wvw warrior!

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Who is Blackgate paired against this week?

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

You’re just choosing not to read properly and absorb the logic because you’re too busy rage spamming. You did not provide a rational argument for the system to change, you’re just complaining that it’s unfair that the devs reward players who remained dedicated to the mode… Get over your feeling of entitlement and get in there and be a wvw warrior!

how bout they lower it to a more reasonable amount like around 1 year and then i get in there and be a wvw warrior, why is that so unreasonable? 2 years is too much. and its expecting too much. If they want to reward dedicated players they should give all wvwers right now an exclusive reward. Not create a carrot reward system thats based on 2 years + grind and hold it out for everyone and act like “common guys you can do it.”

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

im playing wvw right now smart guy.

Name calling?

Please.

You spam team chat with worthless statements, and stand around accumulating participation and pips. If you played the mode, you would gain ranks.

But to you it’s a grind.

We have heard you and we disagree.

We are also tired of your forum spam (and it IS spam) from pushing worthwhile topics off the board.

Had you made ONE topic, and argued within it, people would be far less toxic to you. You have brought that toxicity onto yourself with the forum and team chat spam.

And please don’t deny you aren’t doing so. Your in game name is actiually called ‘the complainer’. You sig states it as well.

But your behavior is annoying because in essence, you are behaving like my kids when they were three standing in the middle of a room, yelling because they haven’t gotten their way.

And, with that, I will not engage you directly any longer.

I wish you found the same joy in the mode that many of us do.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

how bout they lower it to a more reasonable amount like around 1 year and then i get in there and be a wvw warrior, why is that so unreasonable? 2 years is too much. and its expecting too much. If they want to reward dedicated players they should give all wvwers right now an exclusive reward. Not create a carrot reward system thats based on 2 years + grind and hold it out for everyone and act like “common guys you can do it.”

How about you get some snacks and smash the keyboard like the rest of us do lol

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Who is Blackgate paired against this week?

YB and MAG. Fun stuff. .

Just have them look for a BG raider. Of course, they’ll have to open a keep or venture into spawn to find him.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

im playing wvw right now smart guy.

Name calling?

Please.

You spam team chat with worthless statements, and stand around accumulating participation and pips. If you played the mode, you would gain ranks.

But to you it’s a grind.

We have heard you and we disagree.

We are also tired of your forum spam (and it IS spam) from pushing worthwhile topics off the board.

Had you made ONE topic, and argued within it, people would be far less toxic to you. You have brought that toxicity onto yourself with the forum and team chat spam.

And please don’t deny you aren’t doing so. Your in game name is actiually called ‘the complainer’. You sig states it as well.

But your behavior is annoying because in essence, you are behaving like my kids when they were three standing in the middle of a room, yelling because they haven’t gotten their way.

And, with that, I will not engage you directly any longer.

I wish you found the same joy in the mode that many of us do.

I have gained over 120 ranks in 1 week. I’d say I know how to play the game mode. im sorry if my in game name confuses you. Im also sorry that my behavior annoys you, then again maybe im not.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Everyone who puts in the same amount of time, effort, etc earns the same number of pips.

A new player who pushes his rank to 500 will earn the same number of pips as a player who has worked his way to rank 500 over the course of a year.

Asking that new wvwers earn the same number of pips as veterans without spending the same requisite time and effort is asking that new players be given an advantage over veterans.

“I know that it took veterans 1/2/3/4 years to accumulate the prerequisites for a certain level of reward, but I want that same level of reward immediately, without putting in the time and effort”

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Everyone who puts in the same amount of time, effort, etc earns the same number of pips.

A new player who pushes his rank to 500 will earn the same number of pips as a player who has worked his way to rank 500 over the course of a year.

Asking that new wvwers earn the same number of pips as veterans without spending the same requisite time and effort is asking that new players be given an advantage over veterans.

“I know that it took veterans 1/2/3/4 years to accumulate the prerequisites for a certain level of reward, but I want that same level of reward immediately, without putting in the time and effort”

your acting like i think the system is “unfair” i never said it was unfair, its dissuasive to players the carrot is set too high, all im asking is that they lower it.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

your acting like i think the system is “unfair” i never said it was unfair, its dissuasive to players the carrot is set too high, all im asking is that they lower it.

You might want to edit your original post to more accurately reflect your intentions then because it supports my comment and contradicts yours.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

You might want to edit your original post to more accurately reflect your intentions then because it supports my comment and contradicts yours.

But you are using logic. That is not allowed.

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

But it’s not dissuasive at all!

There a ton of other carrots to get along the way. It’s not like the first carrot starts at max rank.

Guess what? I’d bet it would take the average player greater than 1 year to get all of the current AP rewards. If you didn’t complain about that when the rewards first came out or when you first discovered it if you joined after it started (link those posts), then you’re really just complaining that you want the armor a lot quicker than you can currently are set to get it based on your rank and time spent playing WvW.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

the system is fair for people in wvw when you are thinking about wvw in a vaccum and ignoring the rest of the game. If the entire game was wvw then yes everyone grind gets you your ranks and you reap your rewards and thats it. But anet has mutliple game modes and a long history of doing things a certain way.

When you compare the wvw reward system to the rest of the game it gives players in wvw an unfair advantage in terms of time played over players who dont play the game mode. No other game mode rewards this type of time commitment like wvw does. its unfair and dissuasive to new players or even people who have around rank 1k, which is why i suggested it should be brought in line with other game modes and made comparable, or i suggested that other game modes should get the same system of time played = rewards (although I dont like this). it rewards straight up play time while severely handicapping those who are just starting out, for no good reason. No other game mode does this. In that sense its unfair in relation to the rest of the game.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

the system is fair for people in wvw when you are thinking about wvw in a vaccum and ignoring the rest of the game. If the entire game was wvw then yes everyone grind gets you your ranks and you reap your rewards and thats it. But anet has mutliple game modes and a long history of doing things a certain way.

When you compare the wvw reward system to the rest of the game it gives players in wvw an unfair advantage in terms of time played over players who dont play the game mode. No other game mode rewards this type of time commitment like wvw does. its unfair and dissuasive to new players or even people who have around rank 1k, which is why i suggested it should be brought in line with other game modes and made comparable, or i suggested that other game modes should get the same system of time played = rewards (although I dont like this). it rewards straight up play time while severely handicapping those who are just starting out, for no good reason. No other game mode does this. In that sense its unfair in relation to the rest of the game.

Just because they do things one way for a while, does not mean they are locked into doing things that way for forever. They are allowed to make changes that deviate from how they’ve done things in the past. If they were locked into it, ANet would never be able to give WvW any attention because they’ve had a track record of not giving WvW much attention at all.

And maybe, just maybe, WvW is just the first place they’re putting in rewards that are based on time spent playing. And that maybe, just maybe, there will be equivalent reward systems put into place for PvP and PvE in the future.

You previously said the system wasn’t unfair and now you’re saying it is unfair. Please, please, please, make up your mind if you want your arguments listened to. Because if you can’t argue without contradicting yourself, then it calls into question if the reasons you give are the ones you actually believe or if you’re just covering for more selfish reasons.

It does not handicap anyone! Please enlighten me, WvW players: what conditions or debuffs or restrictions do you have if you don’t have the armor set? What are you guys not allowed to do?