Female WvWers

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

There’s no girls on the interweb. Just FBI agents and pervs.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

Hmhmmm… what would interest me more is, if girls/women actually play male chars too. I mean it’s not a secret that many guys like to play female characters (me being one of them; I play female and male). But I don’t remember that I ever saw a girl with a male char.

I know one.
Human warrior in scarsely hiding armor…
Her character is even so ‘male’ we tease her with his Village People look.

He is very aesthetically pleasing.
Dat manly chest.

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

I am GIG (Girl in Game). Can I post here?

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

So the secret’s out .. girls actually DO play video games. (I know fellahs, it’s a shocker) …

But I was more curious about those of us who WvW. Traditionally, I would never have ever set foot in anything pvp-related, but I’ve found myself developing a certain fondness for WvW because it involves strategy and a strong sense of teamwork.

We were talking about this on our forums tonight and I’ll pilfer this data from another server-mate about stats:

Computer/Video Game Industry Demo Data:

- The average gamer is 30 years old and has been playing for 12 years.

- Sixty-eight percent of gamers are 18 years of age or older.

- Forty-seven percent of all players are women, and women over 18 years of age are one of the industry’s fastest growing demographics.

- Today, adult women represent a greater portion of the game-playing population (30 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (18 percent).

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/ESA_EF_2012.pdf

For MMORPGs in particular, it’d be a safe estimate to say women make up around a 3rd of the playerbase, though many factors can skew that number for any given game, including genre, level of player-generated content, representation of avatars, etc.

So I’m curious ladies; why do you WvW? And if you do, what role do you find yourself in: support, supply, or out on the front lines bashing some heads?

What most out there should realize is that the “guy” beside you could just be female … and likely kicking your butt

Girls-only thread! Fellahs keep out!

Oh…….Chris Hansen how sneaky you have become…..I will not fall for your trap a third time.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So the secret’s out .. girls actually DO play video games. (I know fellahs, it’s a shocker) …

snip

Oh…….Chris Hansen how sneaky you have become…..I will not fall for your trap a third time.

lol I’m not Chris .. although I DO think Anet should hire me

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

Has anyone ever considered that being a girl playing a videogame is so common place that it seems incredibly silly and self righteous for women to be making posts simply about how cool and rare it is to be a girl gamer kicking dude’s butts?

Am I wrong here? Or is it that the idea of equality is so undermined by the female psyche that females still feel the need to put themselves out there waving frivolously “I’m a female! I play videogames! I PVP! It makes me special!”

It’s a little unnerving to me, that’s all.

Women in videogames are no different than men. Other than the natural tendency for nuturing and support roles as well as lowered reaction time due to the females need to multi-task consistently, women are common place in videogames, all aspects and I don’t really think a fancy thread saying men stay out is going to do much good to those seeking attention for being a female in the digital environment.

Endrant!

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

Female WvWers

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Has anyone ever considered that being a girl playing a videogame is so common place that it seems incredibly silly and self righteous for women to be making posts simply about how cool and rare it is to be a girl gamer kicking dude’s butts?

Am I wrong here? Or is it that the idea of equality is so undermined by the female psyche that females still feel the need to put themselves out there waving frivolously “I’m a female! I play videogames! I PVP! It makes me special!”

It’s a little unnerving to me, that’s all.

Women in videogames are no different than men. Other than the natural tendency for nuturing and support roles as well as lowered reaction time due to the females need to multi-task consistently, women are common place in videogames, all aspects and I don’t really think a fancy thread saying men stay out is going to do much good to those seeking attention for being a female in the digital environment.

Endrant!

Aw I’m sorry hon. No disrespect intended .. more idle curiosity.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Mully.1729

Mully.1729

I have been a gamer since before I could walk.
PvP though is probably my favorite MMORPG aspect. While in real-life I am shy and quiet, in Pvp settings (Wvw especially) I talk trash to my computer all night long.

Seiging is my favorite part of Wvw, especially with my Elementalist. I just Love killing everyone either at the top or on the bottom of a wall. Or picking off that player that gets separated from the zerg. hehehe

Facemelt FTW!

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

It’s not disrespect, it’s just silly.

Not that silly things aren’t allowed, but this is a bit like “Anyone else who likes pie playing games? Because pie lovers are so rare online :o”

Female WvWers

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Not that silly things aren’t allowed, but this is a bit like “Anyone else who likes pie playing games? Because pie lovers are so rare online :o”

I would SO participate in a thread like that

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I am a girl IRL (in real life).

Rofl. Are you still rocking lady gaga colors?

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

While I would agree with you that a thread on the subject seems strangely out of place these days, I would not assume that all respondents automatically want to somehow brag about it or feel ‘speshul’. That would be as lazy an assumption as thinking that all female toons are G.I.R.L.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Well I only see people talking about WvW here, not girls beating on big bad dudes.

VoxL, NSPPT

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I am pretty casual with WvW. When I go in I do a bit of everything, but my favourite is fighting on the front lines. I will go solo or find a group, either way is fun for me. I never PvP so I’m really happy with the way they built WvW with some PvE content in there. I was nervous at first but I love it now, it’s challenging and builds a good sense of community on the server.

Soooo… How many of you has lvl 400 cooking?

I’m sry, I’m so sry

:)

lol

(edited by rozcinana.7249)

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Random Weirdness.6750

Random Weirdness.6750

… I want some apple pie now. Thanks. ;_;

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

How dare you to blow our cover! How am I supposed to stay undercover now?

I love wvw,, didnt dare to step into in first, but there is nothing better then to roam around scaring your enemy =D

VoTF

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS] is LFMILF 18-40. Cougars will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

Female WvWers

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS] is LFMILF 18-40. Cougars will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Bah, this is not a pick up bar .. shoo! shoo! :p

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Has anyone ever considered that being a girl playing a videogame is so common place that it seems incredibly silly

Thats pretty much how I feel, though the rest seems a bit of a rant (the clue was /endrant and after hours of investigation, it clicked).

I have been playing with and against females in PvP since I started with Ultima online. A thread like this back then might have been relevant though. Interestingly, the overall perception of females on the internet has not really caught up with the reality that has existed for years now.

I certainly wouldnt start a thread about male WvWers. I just dont care if you are female or male, my personal requirements for getting along are the same and I hold the same amount of respect and expectations for both.

That being said, I generally prefer a females voice to a males.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I’m sry, I’m so sry

Oh snap!

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Girl WvWers are awesome.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: mia.4812

mia.4812

Enjoyed every single fight especially with our guild cmds. Yes, It’s all about Teamwork

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

You’re the one who posted a “girls only” thread on a game forum during the week of Valentine’s day. What did you expect?

You will be my Valentine, right? We can hold hands and watch watergate or swim with the quaggans and make anime eyes at each other. Coo….

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

Female WvWers

in WvW

Jayne.9251

You’re the one who posted a “girls only” thread on a game forum during the week of Valentine’s day. What did you expect?

You will be my Valentine, right? We can hold hands and watch watergate or swim with the quaggans and make anime eyes at each other. Coo….

That needs to go in the Missed Connections thread

Female WvWers

in WvW

Jayne.9251

BTW, you know those few who leave their zerg and chase you down all over the map, no matter what happens? Yep, probably a girl .. who wants your shoes.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

I’m sry, I’m so sry

crap. i picked up cooking and jewelry without even really thinking about why >.<

no, i’m not maxed in either, but i can make you some orange dye. lol

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

So I’m curious ladies; why do you WvW? And if you do, what role do you find yourself in: support, supply, or out on the front lines bashing some heads?
What most out there should realize is that the “guy” beside you could just be female … and likely kicking your butt

I WvW because that is the part of the game I enjoy the most, and most of my time is spent there.

I don’t know how to describe my role I have a tank FT engi and a shout healer warrior and they are both built for different things.

I am mostly roaming with my guild. We cap supply camps, keep an eye out for targets of opportunities, try to ninja towers and keeps, and have fun.

My guild leader is a female as well and I respect her a lot as a commander.

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Gasu.6254

Gasu.6254

Sometimes I feel bad killing female characters (pretty ones) in JP. :|

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

Support. I enjoy being the sneaky ranger in the group. I am hard headed, and I will always tend to stay away from the pack(zerg). I go for sentries, yaks, and will spend time killing powernodes.

Yak killing is the best. I ended up spending one bl for at least a couple of hours in hiding, timing the minutes on when yaks would spawn. Pop out of my hiding spot, kill, retreat. (People don’t understand the beauty of cutting off supply to your enemies)

From time to time, I will join my guild in camp flipping. Small groups only though. Poor laptop can’t handle zergs well.

But it is lot’s of fun!

(Btw, female, mom of three, wife, and casual gamer extraordinaire)

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

I’m sry, I’m so sry

None of my crafting skills has even reached lvl 75 yet, and lately, I started crafting more often for the sake of finishing daily for the laurels rofl

I’m too lazy to craft anything, including cooking. =\

I let my friend do the cooking for me (yay!), so, at least, I can have some food buff in WvW and get the achievement for eating food~ \o/

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Female WvWers

in WvW

Sinfullysweet.4517

I’m sry, I’m so sry

Send me the mats, I will happily finish my cooking. Om nom nom cookies hold the POWA. I am female, I don’t discriminate being in the kitchen or making me some big gigantic rings to show off with stats to decimate my opponent by the bling of their shine!

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: mariloloboo.8935

mariloloboo.8935

I play W3 causally, happen to be female , I enjoy defending whatever my server (Tarnished Coast) owns at the time. I am not part of any W3 guilds and I usually play solo. My mother on the other hand is a W3 fanatic and is in a W3 guild (PINK). Everyday that I call this lady, every conversation has to do with Guild Wars 2/W3. lol Love her none-the-less.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I see what you did there.
Though you may think most women play support roles, I can name many mmos which the majority of women I knew played Tanks/DPS characters.

Since you decided to put the last crap in your post:
As for lowered reactions, maybe you should rethink that part. Both genders multi-task.
Also if in an MMO with the trinity, the healers/support are very important while doing dungeons, so if their reaction time is slow then wouldn’t your party wipe since you stated most women play nurturing/support roles? Oh wait…reaction times vary per “person” not gender.

Think I’m hostile, I am, it’s just me. I don’t like your shot fired at women being slower reacting then men in games.

@Birdflu.8120:
Yo my cooking is 400. Had to max for the Bifrost :P

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Just ignore the trolls. I’m sure they are the typical bad forum warriors that taint their match-up threads.

Haters are gonna hate, and usually the haters will respond with such trollish responses. Even worse, they might attempt to get this thread locked.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Female WvWers

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Just ignore the trolls. I’m sure they are the typical bad forum warriors that taint their match-up threads.

Haters are gonna hate, and usually the haters will respond with such trollish responses. Even worse, they might attempt to get this thread locked.

But I like feeding trolls, sometimes they are all cute. Other times they get scary which can be fun too.

I just avoid feeding them after midnight.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Yo my cooking is 400. Had to max for the Bifrost :P

This! Though the 400 cooking is on a character that is predominately used for PvE. :p

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Female WvWers

in WvW

Toble.2968

-.- Bad name for women thusly created.

Let’s chime in!

OMG IM A LADY ON THE INTARWEBS!

Not to say we have any gender disadvantages, but who here likes wvw?! YAY FOR BREAKING STEREOTYPES!

Let’s nibble on a ps2 controller cord a little and see what happens if we post the picture online and say “Any other girls out there?”

I bet we will totally get some attention from males that way!

| Epidemic
| Drenched

Female WvWers

in WvW

Toble.2968

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/how-male-female-brains-differ?page=2

Spatial skills, men have them.

Women multitask better, this has been proven.

And we do during videogames because we can and our brain knows we can, so we think about everything at once and not just the task at hand which isn’t always good on our part. Been playing games for about 12 years now. Still have to work on concentrating because I feel I should also be whispering someone or talking in vent or doing other things at the same time.

| Epidemic
| Drenched

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/how-male-female-brains-differ?page=2

Spatial skills, men have them.

Women multitask better, this has been proven.

And we do during videogames because we can and our brain knows we can, so we think about everything at once and not just the task at hand which isn’t always good on our part. Been playing games for about 12 years now. Still have to work on concentrating because I feel I should also be whispering someone or talking in vent or doing other things at the same time.

Isn’t it funny how different people seem to find only those bits info which supports their beliefs? Taken entirely out of context.

The entire article uses quite a few terms and/or language like….“studies seem to suggest”……“it is believed”…..coming to the the conclusion at the end that there really is no conclusiion because for all the studies out there….people are still people and neither gender can conform totally to the findings of any study.

I just figure that there is another human being on the other side of that toon. And strive to maintain decency in my dealings with them.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Female WvWers

in WvW

Mishi.7058

I just figure that there is another human being on the other side of that toon. And strive to maintain decency in my dealings with them.

Well if it’s an enemy you can always kill them.

Commander Silvannas

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Next

Hello everyone,

there is no reason to make inappropriate remarks or jokes about the gender of players, so please refrain from it – it’s disrespectful.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I think Anet should have a WvW babe of the month contest

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

My Charr would SO win that

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

My Charr would SO win that

“Yes, that’s right —none or six!!”
-Kristen Perry

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I don’t get the point of this thread, care to explain?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

I don’t get the point of this thread, care to explain?

“So I’m curious ladies; why do you WvW? And if you do, what role do you find yourself in: support, supply, or out on the front lines bashing some heads?” —Thread OP

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I agree with the people in here as it shouldn’t make a difference if you are a girl player or not, but society made a lot of people narrow minded. A lot of guys I’ve met looked at me like I was an alien when telling them that I probably would beat them in every single game they know.

I have been playing videogame since i was pretty much able to hold a controler (around 5 years of age) as my family loves videogames. (my mom makes people cry in tetris and is pretty much unbeatable)

There is the ordinary player, that plays videogames and some of them are onine and enjoys it

There are the gamers that play a lot of hours everyday and try out all the popular games.

And there is gamers like me, that know and had pretty much every console that ever came out (including ATARI, NES , SNES, GBOY, N64, playstation 1 ,2 and 3, sega, xbox xbox 360) and plays games in clans and uses TS, mumble and vent to talk kitten!

Now, I know a lot of guys out there think gamer girl=ugly, overweight girl with no social life. Erm, well I am a 5’8’, 105 pounds runway model and actress and love to shock exactly those guys. I play only nights and even if I dont get enough sleep i’ll play around 8 hours (10 pm till 6am). Believe it or not, but a lot of guys get intimidated by a girl that probably plays more than them.
It is sooooo much fun to see the look on a guys face when he hits on you and wants to take u out for dinner on a friday night and u cancel and tell him that friday is reset night for wvw in guildwars 2. XD

If you guys think I play a support, you are wrong. I am the 1 that will suicide rush into your siege and push in while supporting others with glamfields.

Oh and btw If you like 1st person shooter games and are a camper, you would be killed over and over and over by me as I love hunting those lazy campers. ;-)

BTW the unreal tournament competition 2003 was won by a girl in the european contest.

oh and btw mila kunis is a gamer too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI8WT3lVe80

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

Female WvWers

in WvW

Sinfullysweet.4517

-.- Bad name for women thusly created.

Let’s chime in!

OMG IM A LADY ON THE INTARWEBS!

Not to say we have any gender disadvantages, but who here likes wvw?! YAY FOR BREAKING STEREOTYPES!

Let’s nibble on a ps2 controller cord a little and see what happens if we post the picture online and say “Any other girls out there?”

I bet we will totally get some attention from males that way!

Is the controller made out of cookies? I would so onnomnom that. Wait…male attention?? EWW COOTIES. Keep the cooties away! shudders

Nah, dude seriously. Not all of us like the taste of plastic. Those who do, well we call them our ‘special’ forces. Use them as a distraction….while we sneak up behind and force you to retreat. Throws up sword and warhorn AND WE WILL MAKE YOU RETREAT!

Scantily Clad Dolyak patrol….Confuse, distract while we take their camps and make them cry MAMA!!

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Got a few women in my guild who regurlarly join our wvw events. They are as good as anyone else in wvw, besides its always nice to hear feminine voices on ts even though the male members of the guild outnumber them. Everyone in the guild is respectful toward them as am I of course. By the way, none of them of the negative gamer girl stereotype. They all look good

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

I am GIG (Girl in Game). Can I post here?

That just made me think of Giggity Giggity.

Sure you can post here. This thread is all about equality and that apparently girl gamers are actually any good.
Even though statistics show that the male population is the bestest and also the worst. Meaning that we have the straight shooters and then just idiots, women actually usually make up the middle ground.

But 50% of the population is male and ofc the other is female (or WoW players) and the reason why they play the game is the exact same reason everyone does, because its good.
And my post being deleted for the kitchen stereotype is pretty ridiculous considering that this thread is all about another ridiculous stereotype.

I also find that this being a gender specific thread exceptionally sexist and I personally am totally upset right now because why don’t us males get a thread? Huh? Look, look what you did. Now I’m crying. Does this make you feel good? To banish us like lower class citizens… ;_; You want me to go lift something because its heavy? How do you think that makes me feel??

Q_Q Like a donkey..

..I’m going to go eat ice cream and cry while watching Bridget Jones by myself in the dark under a blankie.

But back onto the topic of WvW.
I’d just like to inform all of you that Anet actually determines wins on how well dressed your character is. So er, uh huh, you better be colour coordinated or you gunna fail.

I’m beautiful in matching hot pink and fluffy sword.
You best be afraid.

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)