Female WvWers

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

; You want me to go lift something because its heavy? How do you think that makes me feel??

No, but I’d like you to kill that big spider in the kitchen.

Actually I’m quite proud of being a girl gamer. In my industry, I’m typically the lone female voice in a sea of men. It’s taught me a lot. It’s also taught me it’s ok to talk about stuff like this because times are a-changin’ …. I like that women feel more comfortable in MMOs, that they actually do pvp and love WvW as much as I do.

I like that we tend to broach topics like these with humour, and that we’re open to new ways of doing things that our male counterparts may not have thought of yet … and I’m equally glad we have mature male members of the gaming community who appreciate our ideas and that we can be just as tough as they are.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

; You want me to go lift something because its heavy? How do you think that makes me feel??

No, but I’d like you to kill that big spider in the kitchen.

Over the years and this long harsh winter I have grown an attachment to that spider.
It was a breezy summers eve when I first met Frank (I named the spider Frank).
He had crawled up my arm while I was sitting in my deckchair watching the sun set with an ice cold beer in one hand and totally owning some noobs on my laptop on the other. Cause I can do that.

Me and Frank had a chat, shared a couple of beers, did some scuba-diving together. We essentially become bro’s that summer.
But then his wife tried to digest him, and he had to flee his home in terror. So when he came to me and told me he was living in some back alley web above a dumpster, I naturally said he could stay at my place. He used to give me lifts to work and BBQ the steaks on the weekend, now thats what I call some brotherly love.

Which brings me to what you just asked me to do.
What kind of monster asks a guy to kill his best friend Q_Q
Murderer.

I suppose you killed the bacteria in the toilet too?!
And that old smelly sock that I sometimes see moving across the floor?!
You call it ‘cleaning’ and ‘tiding up’, but I see what you’re doing. You’re isolating me from my bro’s before you try and whack me too!

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Birdflu.8120

Birdflu.8120

Gj Anet… Show those jokers (me) that jokes will not be tolerated. facepalm

Talk about feminists getting too much power when they can have jokes removed without entering the forums, or even reading the actual joke

I got the impression people found it rather funny.

But I guess there is allways the odd chance that someone, somewhere will be offended. And we all know we must isolate the world with plenty of cotton so that noone EVER will get a bit hurt :’(

Ssenz – Mesmer – Semper Dius [Dius] (R.I.P) – Gandara

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: dagneyandleo.6378

dagneyandleo.6378

Well, I’ve been told that I’m actually a twelve-year-old boy, so I think some of your originally posted statistics are likely mistaken.

Anyways, I think threads like this are useful just to confirm the existence of fellow female gamers… Map chat is full of “Come on guys, stop being [reference to female anatomy], grow some balls and push the line! Man up!” Now, sadly lacking balls, I can appreciate this only from a distant perspective. But it’s nice to know from threads like these that if I felt like posting “Come on gals, pretend like it’s that time of the month and the yaks are holding all your carefully hoarded chocolates hostage! KILL THEM!” that SOMEONE would understand what I was talking about from personal experience.

Anyways, I think the great part of WvW is that you can take on all those roles that you listed at whatever time you wish.

[KnT] Blackgate
Lythereal Fields, lvl 80 mesmer, Lythiele, lvl 80 ele, and Lythigrr, lvl 80 guard

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Gj Anet… Show those jokers (me) that jokes will not be tolerated. facepalm

Talk about feminists getting too much power when they can have jokes removed without entering the forums, or even reading the actual joke

I got the impression people found it rather funny.

But I guess there is allways the odd chance that someone, somewhere will be offended. And we all know we must isolate the world with plenty of cotton so that noone EVER will get a bit hurt :’(

Dude, Gay pride > Feminists anyday
Didn’t you get the memo.

I mean, their hair is blah, their makeup is hideous, do those shoes even match your scarf? Jeez. Did you get dressed in the dark? Oh sorry,
Yea, you just plain ugly.

But really its all about the <3

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

Female WvWers

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Gender issues tend to be the most sensitive. What’s funny to some isn’t to others. I didn’t particularly care one way or another about your post, but because it’s a hot-button topic, I would assume anything perceived as derogatory would be deleted, even without being reported.

Best to just remain upbeat, respectful, and add to the dialogue. Presenting a differing view isn’t a bad thing, just couch it in phrases that encourage discussion.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Jayne.9251

“Come on gals, pretend like it’s that time of the month and the yaks are holding all your carefully hoarded chocolates hostage! KILL THEM!” .

… this .. was awesome!

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Birdflu.8120

Birdflu.8120

In todays world I guess we are not allowed to joke about anything.

Let me just link you a funny old movieclip with Mel Brooks
http://youtu.be/9NeH2n_QmEk

Ssenz – Mesmer – Semper Dius [Dius] (R.I.P) – Gandara

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Luna Serene.8217

Luna Serene.8217

I just recently discovered how much fun WvW can be. I’m halfway through grad school and my job drives me insane, so I absolutely love to login and take out my frustration on the other servers. I don’t have any particular spot I enjoy more than anything else, even if it means taking the yak for a walk.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Seige.4862

Seige.4862

Seige
AD(Anonymous Defender)- Devonas Rest
The orginal Fairy tank

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Desolation will soon be #1 in the Eu ladder… and the person who works the most, is respected by all and could possibly just be described as The President of Desolation is a woman. Wrex please stand up.

Also, my guild has certain renown in skirmish combat… we do what we can. As GM, I closely monitor all my soldiers, how many times they die, the success of their builds, their share of the work, their performance in small fights, duels, etc. I can say with no doubt that our most skilled member is a woman. Frixa please stand up.

/thread

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Desolation will soon be #1 in the Eu ladder… and the person who works the most, is respected by all and could possibly just be described as The President of Desolation is a woman. Wrex please stand up.

Also, my guild has certain renown in skirmish combat… we do what we can. As GM, I closely monitor all my soldiers, how many times they die, the success of their builds, their share of the work, their performance in small fights, duels, etc. I can say with no doubt that our most skilled member is a woman. Frixa please stand up.

/thread

As an IRON member, i have to agree with Ogre on this about Wrex, she has a weird attitude but works really hard and very dedicated to keep desolation where it is.
Also for Yanox, very didicated towards IRON.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Oh kitten I forgot Yanox Yak, Deso PR and podcast celebrity :/ I just failed at life

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Darkhaven commander here, and I WvW because Hell Hath No Fury

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: khorren.3702

khorren.3702

The majority of my guild is female, myself included, and a fair few of us count wvw as our main gameplay type.

The reason we’re out there is that we simply like punching things in the face really hard.

Never really felt the need to go “Oh! I’m a girl!” I’m just a dot in a camp stealing your supplies, move along now.

Jade Quarry :: [BPA] :: [SF]

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

/thread

As an IRON member, i have to agree with Ogre on this about Wrex, she has a weird attitude but works really hard and very dedicated to keep desolation where it is.
Also for Yanox, very didicated towards IRON.

This is absolutely true.

ALSO, I have noticed women volunteering for tower-guard duty more frequently than men… ANet, could you at least make a “kitchen” upgrade available? I’d personally upgrade every freakin place we got every day.

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

My guild has been around since DAoC; 4 or 5 of the founding members were women. Our current GM is female, and my wife is a Commander (melting faces in pvp/rvr/wvw for 12+ years now), elected as the first cmdr for our guild. While not everyone in the guild enjoys WvW, for the most part that is what we are about. Of the 12 or 15 of us that play daily, 4-5 are women. Our guild would not be that same without them, and I’d have it no other way.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Ripkord.7025

Ripkord.7025

My first MMORPG game is Lineage II and it is mostly PvP game. The thing which i loved in L2 was the sieges but they were only once per week. After L2 i have played aiof for 1 year, 3 years World of Warcraft (in a PvP server). One day some old friends told me for GW2 and after 2 days PvE I uncovered WvW. My first association was “LOL Lineage sieges 24/7 I love it!!!”. My second association was “LoL, it is even better!”
I play PvE too but only for gold or for mats. I’m not in a big WvW server, Ring of Fire we are in T8 eu, my guild is not WvW – just a few friends in real, but I always will be devoted to my server and will trying to kick as much …… as i can :P

My characters for wvw are 2 – a necro if I go with the zerg, and a thief If with my friends make a party and go about just us.
My man plays thief too but he sucks, well he has his good moments too but sometimes he kitten me off!
Bay the way when i played WoW there were a lot of girls too, even raid leaders and tanks.
So we are more, we are good and we are strong!

Zloby, a nice necro from Ring of Fire

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Nimue.9507

Nimue.9507

I am GIG (Girl in Game). Can I post here?

That just made me think of Giggity Giggity.

Sure you can post here. This thread is all about equality and that apparently girl gamers are actually any good.
Even though statistics show that the male population is the bestest and also the worst. Meaning that we have the straight shooters and then just idiots, women actually usually make up the middle ground.

But 50% of the population is male and ofc the other is female (or WoW players) and the reason why they play the game is the exact same reason everyone does, because its good.
And my post being deleted for the kitchen stereotype is pretty ridiculous considering that this thread is all about another ridiculous stereotype.

I also find that this being a gender specific thread exceptionally sexist and I personally am totally upset right now because why don’t us males get a thread? Huh? Look, look what you did. Now I’m crying. Does this make you feel good? To banish us like lower class citizens… ;_; You want me to go lift something because its heavy? How do you think that makes me feel??

Q_Q Like a donkey..

..I’m going to go eat ice cream and cry while watching Bridget Jones by myself in the dark under a blankie.

But back onto the topic of WvW.
I’d just like to inform all of you that Anet actually determines wins on how well dressed your character is. So er, uh huh, you better be colour coordinated or you gunna fail.

I’m beautiful in matching hot pink and fluffy sword.
You best be afraid.

I think that we are all the same, both males and females… and I don’t see special treatments for us, or you write it only for this thread? Yep, there’s a thread about female WvWers, probably written out of curiosity by a person… so?
I play without thinking about genders, but I often see that there are many males pointing differences, asking if it’s possible for a female play a game… and writing many sarcastic phrases about cooking and ironing and others arguments very interesting… so maybe this thread is born for these reasons, because we often feel differents when other know we’re females… but this doesn’t happen with all the males, fortunately.

Arwen – Ele
Gunnar’s Hold

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Malin.2490

Malin.2490

Woman for sure, and what I do in WvWvW is usually dependent on the character I’m on. Usually I’m on a ranger binge, so eating siege, flanking zergs, running supply and general small scale battles. Unless I run with my guildies which in case it’s all stabbity stabbity and traps. As for whoever asked before, I usually play males, got 4:1 in that regards at the moment. For my male mates it’s the other way around it seems.

Got hooked on WvW in WAR, and never looked back.

Jamail Saoud [Nice], the man with the Drake

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I WvW because I can. That and I love how important teamwork is to having a good time.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Leap.2760

Leap.2760

I am also a female who plays WvW. There are a few of us in my guild as well, but I am the main WvW-er. I really like WvW for the Jumping puzzles and running my mesmer through them. I feel like I can contribute a lot of stuff to my team that way.
That being said, I’ll also be out there running with the commanders anytime.

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Emikodesuyo.5941

Emikodesuyo.5941

Im a female myself and I ONLY play WvW.. One of our main raid leaders is a female as well. Why I play WvW? The adrenaline rush you get when fighting off a 40 man zerg with your 15 guildies.. Oh and the kitten situations that make me fall off my chair while laughing my kitten off ;p

Tsukinoo – Guardian
Second Law [Scnd], Baruch Bay

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Faunus.3647

Faunus.3647

Desolation will soon be #1 in the Eu ladder…

Not before march patch sorry , we haven’t stop the game yet.

But that’s fun to see this post start , had the same discussion with a lady or a girl dunno , next week on my server.

Commander Vizunah Square
Eternalïa [OVER]

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Leopardclaw.4258

Leopardclaw.4258

Ah, I’m one of few female gamers in my guild, and I believe the only one that actually enjoys WvW. It’s my favorite aspect of the game after dungeons. I have 9 characters, but I only use a few for WvW:

Guardian – Charr (F) – lvl 80 – My tanky S/Sh & Hammer healer. I use her for roaming and small group/guild zerging. She can take a beating, and give an even greater one :P

Elementalist – Asura (F) – lvl 80 – My D/D glass cannon. I use her for soloing when no one else is in WvW. Camp capping, movement, and 1v1ing random invaders.

Thief – Norn (M) – lvl 80 – My condition D/D & Shortbow ganker. Small group/guild camp capping and ambushing. Used mostly for messing with enemy zergs now.

Warrior – Asura (M) – lvl 80 – My GS & Longbow shout healer. I use this guy for just about everything, but is best at assaulting objectives with guildies and zergs. Not too great alone.

Necro – Human (F) – lvl 40 – My AoE S/D & Staff condition spreader. I use her for zerging and tower guarding. It’s so fun to stack conditions onto one in an enemy zerg and spreading them all with Epidemic. They drop so fast

Pugmander & Altaholic | CoSA Blue | Youtube
Asheni Leopardclaw | SBI | SF | Asheni Leopardclaws

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Over the years I’ve steadily seen the amount of female players grow substantially on the MMO market and many of them are some of the best players I have ever played with. In the guilds VOIP I play with we have two female commanders and they are very tactically proficient.

Basically we need to get out of the old 90’s mentality that video games are for boys.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Female WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

Previous

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone,

There is nothing wrong with making a thread like this one, but this particular thread went completely out of hand with off-topic posts and provoking, disrespectful posts. You’ve been asked to refrain from that, but it didn’t happen.
The opening post asked specific questions, but the replies so far barely answered those and went into completely different directions.

The thread is closed now.