Fix unlimited boons ASAP

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Guild groups running around with practically unlimited boons, spammed by Revs and shared by Mesmers. There is not enough corruption or boon removal to compete with the phase they are applied.
At least bandage it, thanks.

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

(edited by Vikkela.7261)

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I play a rev sometimes in wvw, and I would sure like to know how I can spam unlimited boons. Must be some super secret special button that I haven’t seen, yet.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Vikkela.7261

I play a rev sometimes in wvw, and I would sure like to know how I can spam unlimited boons. Must be some super secret special button that I haven’t seen, yet.

Just go AFK and you’re set

9 Guardians later…

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Agreed, it is out of control not only for small scale but 1v1. Too much crutch being used by bad players. WvW needs skilled play back ASAP

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

i dont get why boons weren’t designed to ‘all’ cap at a certain point….like 60 seconds max sounds more than fair even for swiftness.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Yea those boons man, not like condis that can be spammed constantly, stacked high, do ridiculous amounts of damage, and cant be cleansed enough to deal with the sheer spam.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Some of those boons stand between life and death since just armor isn’t worth diddly squat now. The combat needs to slow down a bit across the board, the skill spam is reaching critical levels and the game is aging.

Whispers with meat.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Vikkela.7261

Yea those boons man, not like condis that can be spammed constantly, stacked high, do ridiculous amounts of damage, and cant be cleansed enough to deal with the sheer spam.

Why care about them when you are running practically unlimited Resistance?

9 Guardians later…

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

It’s a balance. If you run condi u think there is to much resistance. If you don’t have great condi clear you think there is to much condi in the game. If you run many cc’s you think to much stab. If you don’t have enough stab you think cc’s need nerfed. To many boons now not enough boon strips. If you have a balanced team none of this matters. If your a solo artist, expect there to be a class that can alwYs kill you.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

It’s a balance. If you run condi u think there is to much resistance. If you don’t have great condi clear you think there is to much condi in the game. If you run many cc’s you think to much stab. If you don’t have enough stab you think cc’s need nerfed. To many boons now not enough boon strips. If you have a balanced team none of this matters. If your a solo artist, expect there to be a class that can alwYs kill you.

Ya but having 10 minutes of stacked regen and swiftness on the enemy before any fighting actually starts (and they have time to swap out to a none boon gearset right before the fight. enabling a player to have an extra one of those things you listed, so combine 3 of those types together like condi+boon+power)….kinda dumb.

If we follow ur argument of x counters y….then countering is impossible when they have have a friggin x y AND z more extra type of damage than you do. THEY ARE 3DIMENSIONAL AND THAT IS JUST PLAIN FURRY KITTEN LIZARDS>

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Ya but having 10 minutes of stacked regen and swiftness on the enemy before any fighting actually starts (and they have time to swap out to a none boon gearset right before the fight. enabling a player to have an extra one of those things you listed, so combine 3 of those types together like condi+boon+power)….kinda dumb.

If we follow ur argument of x counters y….then countering is impossible when they have have a friggin x y AND z more extra type of damage than you do. THEY ARE 3DIMENSIONAL AND THAT IS JUST PLAIN FURRY KITTEN LIZARDS>

So they spent 15 mins doing nothing but preparing and stacking their boons before engaging you. If they are that much better prepared than you are then they kinda deserve to win.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

Don’t get me wrong, this game is in desperate need of rebalancing. But it’s not just boons it’s everything.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

You apparently missed it but pretty much every aspect of the combat has been powercreeped to death not just boons, which is why now the novelty of reward tracks, the old borders, etc has worn off you can see people playing less and less, especially those who have played a while, the combat which really was the thing that many played the game for, has been destroyed by the powercreep, encounters have never been so braindead, so boring.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

If you can’t win them then join them, unless you think that you can win by pressing 1 2 3 4 5 while using a selfish useless build?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Boon duration gear and durability runes coupled with Herald’s F2 is just too much. 100% extra boon duration? That’s just cray cray

I thought the boon duration back at like late 2013 and early 2014 was nerfed for a reason.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Two or more bunkers in WvW can basically keep all condi cleared and near full uptime on boons. Get to four or more and the OP is right, boons dominate play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Boons are fine when you apply them at the right time but it’s come down to everyone stacking them up for the entire fight. just imagine having 25 stacks of stab on for a minute. Yeah, that would be OP but over 1 minute of protection is pretty bad too. Boons should all be kinda like stab. pop em at the right time of the fight. Boons should be capped! Caps should be 10 seconds for protection, quickness, fury, retaliation and 5 seconds for resistance. If the boons were capped you would actually have to pop boons at the right time making the combat less brain dead.

Native Maguuman

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Why care about them when you are running practically unlimited Resistance?

Unlimited is kind of an exaggeration…You get 2 seconds per demonstance skill. Please don’t needlessly exaggerate. That’s how dumb nerfs happen.

That being said, I agree that both boons and conditions could use a rework.

[varX] Limitless Potential

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Post it in the spvp forums, that’s where the balance for the game comes from, not from the pve side which wvw falls under.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Post it in the spvp forums, that’s where the balance for the game comes from, not from the pve side which wvw falls under.

There should be a general balance forum I think, or something similar.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

There should be, and separate balance for spvp wvw and pve too, but it is what it is.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

A member of the guild Im in put in a ticket about this and apparently Anet is ok with
it. So no fix I guess.

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

(edited by Bensozia.8071)

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Nightcore.7839

Nightcore.7839

The OP isn’t complaining about boons themselves (if I’m understanding them correctly) they’re complaining about a particular zerg comp that results in stacking 10 minutes (or more) of basically every boon in the game. Resistance and quickness only stack up to 30 seconds or so because they’re more difficult to pre-buff. Boons have caps based on stacks, not duration. Its why as a herald, you can have “permanent” swiftness, but it never stacks up past 40sec or w/e. The issues this brings up is that when a group engages another, one having 10 minutes of protection, regen, fury, swiftness, retaliation etc, and the other doesn’t you have a very lopsided fight. Is it unbeatable? no. But its not conducive to a healthy environment. There’s a reason that when this comp first popped up that the GvG community informally agreed to not use it. It just isn’t fun and leads to brain-dead game-play where proper cool-down management and positioning just isn’t as important anymore.

Rather then nerfing boons themselves, Anet just needs to have a look at the mechanics that allows stacking boons to such a high duration and rework it.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

The problem is, they don’t balance separately, so others will qq and end up with nerfs; like how the nerfed druids support, or the wrong nerfs altogether. Maybe drop duration a little on runes/food, rather than skills or traits, since there is also wanderer’s gear, if you grind for it.

If nerfing herald boon duration, won’t hit it hard, then they should consider it.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Dropping boon duration on food wont do anything, the issue is more or less heralds. With 50% boon duration on a skill that can be kept up 100% of the time, it causes things to break.

Now, that being said, run boon strip…. Stacking all the boons in the world isnt going to save you when a strip removes all stacks of said boon and completely negates it.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Boon stripping or removal.

Just off the top of my head:

Revenant
*Banish Enchantment
*Opportune Extraction
*Spontaneous Destruction

Mesmer
*Null Field
*Arcane Thievery
*Phantasmal Disenchanter
*Shattered Concentration

Thief
*Bountiful Theft
*Larcenous Strike

Necro
*Putrid Curse
*Unholy Feast
*Spinal Shivers
*Well of Corruption
*Corrupt Boon
*Chill of Death
*Spiteful Spirit
*Path of Corruption
*Grim Spectre

Superior Sigil of Nullification
Superior Sigil of Absorbtion

There’s probably a lot more, but I’m getting bored of making this list.

There’s no excuse to compain about boons. Change your group comp if you want to have something done about it.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Revenant
*Banish Enchantment
*Opportune Extraction
*Spontaneous Destruction

Mesmer
*Null Field
*Arcane Thievery
*Phantasmal Disenchanter
*Shattered Concentration

Thief
*Bountiful Theft
*Larcenous Strike

Necro
*Putrid Curse
*Unholy Feast
*Spinal Shivers
*Well of Corruption
*Corrupt Boon
*Chill of Death
*Spiteful Spirit
*Path of Corruption
*Grim Spectre

There’s no excuse to compain about boons. Change your group comp if you want to have something done about it.

All of this. Yes, there are a ton of boons out there – but if your group is having an issue with them, then they’re running the wrong skills and should consider everything Spurnshadow listed above.

A corrupt necro can eat a rev alive because of all of the boons as well. I’ve been seeing more and more condi corrupt necros in zerg fights because they’ve become very effective with how many boons are out there.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: bubba.7569

bubba.7569

Boons are fine when you apply them at the right time but it’s come down to everyone stacking them up for the entire fight. just imagine having 25 stacks of stab on for a minute. Yeah, that would be OP but over 1 minute of protection is pretty bad too. Boons should all be kinda like stab. pop em at the right time of the fight. Boons should be capped! Caps should be 10 seconds for protection, quickness, fury, retaliation and 5 seconds for resistance. If the boons were capped you would actually have to pop boons at the right time making the combat less brain dead.

exactly this. boons need to be capped, the current stackable uptime is ridiculous.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

You can corrupt boons all you want, but then they can put the boons back up just as fast, not the fat stack they had to start with, but nevertheless it isn’t that hard to restack boons.

There should be a hard duration limit to boons, but it’s not needed in spvp hence why nothing like that is enforced in balancing other than “25 stacks”.

I really hate how much this game has made combat revolve much more around boons and conditions since release.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

You can corrupt boons all you want, but then they can put the boons back up just as fast, not the fat stack they had to start with, but nevertheless it isn’t that hard to restack boons.

There should be a hard duration limit to boons, but it’s not needed in spvp hence why nothing like that is enforced in balancing other than “25 stacks”.

I really hate how much this game has made combat revolve much more around boons and conditions since release.

I’m with you on the conditions, but the boons aren’t really a huge problem in my opinion. Boon corruptions (turning boons into conditions) cause me so many problems when I play my rev and ele which are both very boon heavy 24/7.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

Why create another forum that Anet doesn’t/won’t read?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s been nice to see some dev interaction since the Colin departure, but really its coming as too little to late. Content drought for over a year + stab nerf patch + poorly received expac (extremely content light, power creep, grindfest) + followed by what’s looking to be another ~1yr content drought has certainly taken its toll on the population.

Let’s just try to enjoy the all the reversions that’ve been put in that we paid for back in Oct.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

It’s been working towards a spam more game for some time. Which is strange in regard to Anet’s focus on the PvP scene.

It’s always going to be some sort of mess in WvW as it inherits both the gear max/min ability of PvE and adds a heavy helping of scalability issues (what works in small scale of PvP doesn’t account for 20+ organized players running something, etc).

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Revenant
*Banish Enchantment
*Opportune Extraction
*Spontaneous Destruction

Mesmer
*Null Field
*Arcane Thievery
*Phantasmal Disenchanter
*Shattered Concentration

Thief
*Bountiful Theft
*Larcenous Strike

Necro
*Putrid Curse
*Unholy Feast
*Spinal Shivers
*Well of Corruption
*Corrupt Boon
*Chill of Death
*Spiteful Spirit
*Path of Corruption
*Grim Spectre

QFT /endthreadpleaseandthanks

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Uh, I guess some of you are unaware that it’s incredibly easy to get 100% uptime on almost all boons for your zerg (quickness may fall off) with a few mesmers and revenants – no boon duration gear required. You can’t even counter a zerg with full boons with boonstrips; you either have to snipe all the mesmers (lol, good luck) or load up on perma boons yourself and hope for the best.

It’s been about a month since I’ve played, so perhaps this method was nerfed, but if not, people aren’t exaggerating when they whine about 100% uptime on resistance, protection, etc.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Vikkela.7261

Over 2 months has passed, nothing has changed.

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

yeah even Germans git gud with that kitten. boon stacking noobs everywhere.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Anet should add Utility share on top of this boon cancershare to make it complete.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

A corrupt necro can eat a rev alive because of all of the boons as well. I’ve been seeing more and more condi corrupt necros in zerg fights because they’ve become very effective with how many boons are out there.

Sounds good until Resistance is immediately reapplied from the Corrupt Boon shot and about 10s later I am back running full boons. My Warrior in a boon composition group becomes disgustingly strong with 20k+ Eviscerates, immune to condi, 50% direct damage reduction, etc.

The ONLY answer to boon composition groups is to equal or better their boon capability. Mostly though player just learn to avoid groups running those setups (if they can).

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

Boon stripping doesn’t effectively work. I use it on my chrono, often targeting the commander. The boons almost immediately pop right back on the commander. The best I can do is strip then share, but it doesn’t hurt the opposing player, it only helps friendlies around me.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

There used to be a balance to boons via corrupt boons. But then Anet in its infinite wisdom introduced resistance. That threw everything off balance.

While boon share is definitely a culprit, if there was no resistance, corrupting boons would still hinder players even if they reapply the boons. The core of the balance issue here is resistance as it completely, utterly, negates the results of corrupt boons.

But you know how it is, these gaming companies got to introduce op things in expansions in order to force players to buy the expansions. The op elite specs and the rev class with its resistance are perfect examples. I’m not sure if it’ll ever get balanced.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I don’t even see reason why you can give boons to other players. Every player should get their own boons.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I don’t even see reason why you can give boons to other players. Every player should get their own boons.

Because it’s a group mechanic? In a group based game? Hell… That’s the most idiotic statement I ever read in this forum, even if you are trolling.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Because it’s a group mechanic? In a group based game? Hell… That’s the most idiotic statement I ever read in this forum, even if you are trolling.

If i want group play i make sPvP team.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

There used to be a balance to boons via corrupt boons. But then Anet in its infinite wisdom introduced resistance. That threw everything off balance.

Yes there use to be a balance until they redid the traits last year along with the elite specs and introduced a lot more passive boons and conditions. Then coupled with revenants, more boon sharing from eles, new runes like durability, and better stats combos with boon duration, boons have a greater up time and reapplication than it ever did, which in a way it was needed to combat the increase of conditions since the changes to make them more viable.

So resistance was also introduced to combat conditions, I’m not sure 100% resistance was a good idea, but given that boon is harder to access than protection, maybe that’s why they thought it needed to be that high, especially for solo or small group fights which usually have more trouble with conditions.

Meanwhile corruption or removal of boons has stayed about the same, a couple changes were added to necros. Given today’s state of combat you might as well be asking all your necros to load up boon corruption because there isn’t any better classes to do so.

Anet started a stew, added lots of conditions, added some boons, added some resistance, added some durability, added some 50% duration, added some signet sharing, now we got a pot full of rainbow kitten condi and boons. They just keep adding to balance the pot flavor instead of actually balancing what’s already in there, add some kitten water already.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m with you on the conditions, but the boons aren’t really a huge problem in my opinion. Boon corruptions (turning boons into conditions) cause me so many problems when I play my rev and ele which are both very boon heavy 24/7.

Significant boon strip does not happen in good groups.

It works in 1v1, but that’s not what the game’s balanced around. Plus, on that scale, there’s no need for boons since you can just run dire condi.

Conditions never should have been added to get a scaling stat. They initially weren’t there, and it was fine.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

Ways to nerf boonshare:

Nerf resistance so it only gives -25% duration to condis

Nerf Facet of Nature to 25% increased boon duration

Nerf Signet of Inspiration so that it only copies fury, might, swiftness, retaliation and vigor. It should not copy stability, quickness, protection, regeneration or resistance.

Nerf duration-stacking of boons from 9 stacks to 6 stacks (except for retalion, which is already at 5 and should be nerfed to 3).

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

Over 2 months has passed, nothing has changed.

Sigh, all this again.

Looks like you’re ripe for corruptions / strips.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

Boon stripping doesn’t effectively work. I use it on my chrono, often targeting the commander. The boons almost immediately pop right back on the commander. The best I can do is strip then share, but it doesn’t hurt the opposing player, it only helps friendlies around me.

Right, cause it’s all on you. kitten . You’re part of a team. Work together. Get your guild meta down.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Right, cause it’s all on you. kitten . You’re part of a team. Work together. Get your guild meta down.

WvW biggest problem is these try hards who try too hard in casual game mode. Better just avoid them and wait until they leave map.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

So, again, cause I’m just tired of anet messing with stuff just because a few people complain.

If a team is coordinated enough, has the right group comp and builds to run boonshare, let them. If you’re fighting them, you need to be just as coordinated. Either run the same meta and be better, or run a counter meta and be just as coordinated. I run into boonstrip guilds all the time. It’s very effective. So, get organized.