Fixes for WvWvW

Fixes for WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: Twinlanceblack.1450

Twinlanceblack.1450

I wish to present the following ideas with the hope of getting some real changes into a game I like. I am a old DAoC and have played a lot of other MMOs until now. My ideas are based on the hope of having a fair enjoyable fight for all sides.

1) Fielded Population limits:
Being well out of release and with the amount of transfering going on this idea is needed. It also solves a problem that is auto fixed in sPvP by switching people into another team. A count start capping the number of people that can join. As an example as each side fields 20 people a “hold” is made on more people wanting to join. Until all sides match that number so 20v20v20 per map. Each group of 20 opens another slot for 20. So perhaps 100v115v120 on a map.
The limit address many current issues. Servers stacking for shear number. You can only field as many as your oppisition can. Also free transfer all you want. There still will be some limit encouraging players to transfer to a lower population server. This would also change te current zerg numbers game into a more quality verus sheer numbers.

2) Remove cost frim siege weapons and Commander:
Both of these aspects need to be “free”. A commander should be able to be voted on and based off the numbers in a battle . Like 1 per 50 , also be voted or demoted out of a position. Siege weapons themselves need to be supply cost only which could be raised. This adds to the idea of everyone being valuble if you run supplies your helping.

3) Remove repair cost:
If you want to remove the stigma of losing remove the realistic cost of it. sPvP has no negative effect for really face planting. If you want people to be out and involved giving them a bill for losing won’t help.

4) People can’t damage doors:
You want to know why there is a zerg? Its because numbers break down doors. Yes rams do more damage as do other siege weapons, but the more people the quicker it goes. If siege weapons are all that can damage a door multiple attack points will be tried more often. If there is no cost to it, then its just planning and tactics. Also sheer numbers won’t matter quite as much.

5) Reward Reward Reward!
There has to be a reason for players to be out in WvWvW. The little loot bags that drop at random times with junk in them isn’t it. While the events aren’t bad there not enough. Partipation needs to offer something good and tangable to all players. Tokens, armor expericance crafting mats etc.

6) Make all 80s the same:
Its amazing how well this is done in sPvP and how badly its done in WvWvW. It should be the same system. But the bare miniuim it should be closer then it is currently. As with dungeons etc there are really 80 and fake 80s and that should not be an issues.

Thank you for reading .

Fixes for WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Interesting but sometimes imbalances make the game-mode more fun. I don’t think WvW should ever be “fair” and it has been a major motivator for me to get the perfect Superior runes, save up money and get epic gear. Without these incentives, I am not sure I would enjoy WvW as much.

Sometimes its fun to fight that warrior that just makes you go “Oh Kitten, run!” And on an equal playing field, that would never happen. Seriously, anon Warrior, you scared me as a Mesmer, and that takes some doing!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Fixes for WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: Twinlanceblack.1450

Twinlanceblack.1450

While I see your point I will say this in response.

Imbalance , making and taking advantage has WvWvW into its current state. People are moving to the “better” side. At the end of the day this is leaving a lot of people either turned off or unable to play.

I was on HoD when the maps flipped last Friday and played for hours losing each match. The sheer numbers made it so now WvWvWv is total dead. BG controls everything of any value on the whole map against two other servers.

I don’t care that my side lost or BG has more numbers. I care that the fighting stopped all together. There has to be a close enough fight that people have enough hope to come out and try.

Having played and enjoyed PvP in games for a while I understand the idea of people having an edge but when you can’t even fight back its no longer a fight its just a slaughter. Which as a game makes it no fun for anyone.

Fixes for WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I’m trying to imagine myself playing in a WvWvW like that, but all I see myself doing is logging off. I pretty much live on those maps right now, it’s all I do as soon as I log on as I don’t get much play time. I don’t want to wait around for even number group queues and leveling up in w3 is growing up for most players out there, it’s their progression and their stretch for learning their class. You get rewarded pretty well if your group or groups aren’t total idiots as it is and those doors, they’re only wood mostly. If a group is proficient enough to break in they’re getting in either way. If you are better and you are defending, you will hold them off either way.

About the only thing I can agree with there is the second half of number two, you can spend badges on siege, might extend your trek towards a big sparkly weapon but if that’s your main goal then chances are you’re not worth much to us out there anyway.

Kash
NSP

Fixes for WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: overrandom.2536

overrandom.2536

WvW does have problems, but in my opinion I do not feel that these are the solutions. As such, these are my answers to your solutions. (numbered items refer to the Original Poster’s list)

1) This would make WvW feel more of a game than a war. If your side is outmanned, then you should recruit more to your war efforts. The easier solution to the population problem is closing free transfers as ANet had originally planned for (paid transfers, guest feature). It won’t be an immediate fix, but as each server goes through the WvW matches, they will eventually find the WvW tier they fit best into based on skill and population. I know this will happen eventually.

2) I think the initial cost of siege weapons is okay primarily because it ranges from weak to powerful. Supply cost is actually not very much if you’re playing it right. If you’re at 0 supply and your team is coming up to an encounter that requires siege, then the team should have stopped at or captured a supply camp. Don’t forget that supply camps generate supply very often. If all siege blueprints were available for free, everyone would carry tens of blueprints. The initial cost adds the thought of “okay, do can we manage with this or do we need to go bigger?” which is a normal thought for any war.

3) Again, WvW is not supposed to feel the same as sPvP. It’s a war, and as such there are casualties in war, damaged armor is one of those.

4) I’m having trouble understanding what you’re asking for in this one. Can you reword real quick?

5) I think this can’t be worked on at the moment because of free transfers. Obviously WvW rewards would go to the ones doing better. With free transfers, you can jump to the winning server, reap the rewards then do it again when the timer is up. That being said, I’ve only been doing WvW whenever I’m in GW2 as I feel it rewards me better than PvE does (minus dungeons).

6) In sPvP, it’s a skill based gladiator competition so it makes sense for sPvP to force all participants to the same stats. WvW is by design supposed to be shifted by players who are fitted correctly. My answer to 6 is the same as 1. If your team has a bunch of underleveled folks, then you need to recruit more or train your men. Plus, you’re supposed to be able to level a character in WvW if you so desire.

Rikard Mathiassen
Anderthian Box [ABox]
Isle of Janthir

Fixes for WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. Maybe
5. No
6. No, never ><

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

Fixes for WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: iowen.4217

iowen.4217

“1) Fielded Population limits:”
does not work,if 120vs120vs120 → a lot ppl log off 120 vs 20 vs 30. so 100 ppl from 1 world do not get in but are in the map(kicking 100ppl is not ok too)

“4) People can’t damage doors:”
kinda lame,seen it in warhammer,the zerg will stay complete out of range,a small team rams,few range sieges,does not change a thing exept a lot ppl have nothing to do but wait.

Fixes for WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vytality.3195

Vytality.3195

I love this game, and intend on being here for quite a while, but WvWvW is the endgame content for me and a lot of other folks. Currently, it is broken. Here are my suggested fixes:

1. Allow server transfers, but when a player xfers, they are ineligible to wvw for the current match and the next if it is within 3 days.

2. If a server owns no points on a map, they are allowed to build siege in their spawn area.

3. Owning orbs gives defensive bonuses (or the current outmanned buff) while not owning the orb in your borderland gives you offensive bonuses.

4. Point accumulation scales inversely with relative population.

Anyway, SOMETHING needs to be done soon!

Vytality, HOPE, Fort Aspenwood

Vytality- Guardian
Vyt Mindbender- Mesmer
Fort Aspenwood since BWE 3. Spirit of Faith (HOPE)

Fixes for WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: Samulus.3025

Samulus.3025

I honestly feel as though sPvP is not quite my cup of tea due to its sterility… Mind you, I’m not saying it is horrible or that it’s a bad aspect of the game, it’s very fun. I just can’t do it for hours upon end like I can WvW, because unlike sPvP, you can make advances that affect your activities in PvE. Plus, it’s just the nature of conquest, as someone said above, it needs to feel like a war, not a game.

As a result, I have to politely disagree with your proposed changes. sPvP, PvE, and WvWvW are the three major options of play in GW2, and I love the diversity that they all bring to the table which enables you to play your character differently to fit your task at hand. To make one more like the other would be disrupting this balance.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way. – Mark Twain

Fixes for WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

1) Zerg is Zerg, can’t stop the Zerg. It’s the way it is and the way it should be. Numbers will almost always win. It’s gotta stay.

2 & 3) cost for weapons and commanders… it’s fine to me. Those little loot bags and junk pays for it all, along with all repairs…. and yes, I die alot and I can still cover my costs though WvW: I never have more than a 5g on me and I don’t do any crafting to make money… just WvW.

4) A small grp can take out a normal keep / tower gate and that’s the way it should be. When thinking of a Reinforced Gates, I see no problem in ‘needing’ seige or a 40+ zerg/squads.

5) Yes, better rewards would be nice, but I don’t think of it the same way… I would say a Darkness Falls which requires Badges of Honor to get into so all the pve / botters would at least have to get out and do some pvp in order for phat loots.

6) No. No NO No NO. You want to play w/ the big boys, go grind it out like everyone else…. like GW2 leveing is a grind… I mean, really?

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post