For once AN don't cave

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Please ANET keep it the way it is. Thank you.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

Keep it don’t cave to the casuals!!

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

If they are interested in the game mode then shinies would be secondary to it, not the defining reason why they are there.

Yes, because that’s exactly how people’s mind works. /s

At this point, I’m getting the impression that the ones acting so high and mighty, and being willfully ignorant don’t actually care about the state of “their game mode”. They are simply filled with unnecessary grudge (this is actually worse than sPvP). This has also been becoming far more evident from map/team/squad chats in WvW since the patch.

Every single logical argument is presented with the same 2 counter points (which are filled with errors and grudge), with literally no consideration of what is actually brought up: I played for so and so years before the patch, therefore I deserve rewards and you don’t unless you play so and so years…or…people don’t need an incentive to play and start liking a game mode.

Well, you can continue on being willfully ignorant, but you’ll only be killing “your game mode”. I must thank ANet for the great job they did by stirring up a kitten storm with their effort to improve “your game mode”, that you don’t actually seem to care for – people like you, being willfully ignorant seems to only care about themselves. Well, I’m sure you’ll enjoy your dead game mode soon enough.

PvE’ers pve forbthe rewards..All about them rewards and it kills them they cant get it.

WvW’ers dont wvw for rewards. All about that satisfaction that comes with a hard fought battle and kittench teamwork.

Just 2 different mentalities. Its one little little thing …one little thing rank gated is not going to break the game mode. I dont post much but I dont want the squeaky wheels to get all the grease. If they dont cave most of the pve’ers will get frustrated and leave due to the “play =shinies” memtality and those that learn to enjoy wvw might learn why wvw’ers have continued to play for 5 yrs on the same maps. Maybe they learn how zergs actually function…maybe one day they will realize why their “mindless” zerg was so effective when they discover what the acronym TS stands for…

Very well said. +1

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

Anet could just do a random week here and there for Double the Weekly Ticket Cap. Then pass it as wvw support and events. No need to lower it, work with it. Pretty sure if you just announce random events like this it will cause some wvw population pulses. it’s just a matter of timing for such events. Or even something as Double WXP week. just not do it all at once so you can spread it out and call it wvw support.

I got yo back anet, now send me precursors.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Anet could just do a random week here and there for Double the Weekly Ticket Cap. Then pass it as wvw support and events. No need to lower it, work with it. Pretty sure if you just announce random events like this it will cause some wvw population pulses. it’s just a matter of timing for such events. Or even something as Double WXP week. just not do it all at once so you can spread it out and call it wvw support.

I got yo back anet, now send me precursors.

Good idea! I like the idea of a double xp weekend or something similar.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

PvE’ers pve forbthe rewards..All about them rewards and it kills them they cant get it.

WvW’ers dont wvw for rewards. All about that satisfaction that comes with a hard fought battle and kittench teamwork.

Just 2 different mentalities. Its one little little thing …one little thing rank gated is not going to break the game mode. I dont post much but I dont want the squeaky wheels to get all the grease. If they dont cave most of the pve’ers will get frustrated and leave due to the “play =shinies” memtality and those that learn to enjoy wvw might learn why wvw’ers have continued to play for 5 yrs on the same maps.

I can see where you’re coming from, but as a veteran of many gaming communities past and present, let me just caution you that a refusal to consider changes that bring in and keep new blood is, in the end, a recipe for disaster. Any gaming community will shrink over time, whether because of real life requirements, players eventually getting bored and leaving, or their attention gets called away by another game.

Little by little, the pool of players gets smaller and smaller, and while you might like the fact that you know everybody on your WvW timezone on a first-name basis, as well as knowing who your enemies are, keep in mind that this is NOT a success by ANet’s standards. From a development perspective, they might not be able to justify the time and man-hours to a game mode that’s only enjoyed by a relatively small percentage of the gaming population. (This is what happened to SAB, and it also seems to be the fate of raids, as since ANet has all but confirmed that they will be making no more Legendary armors, that more or less seals the fate for any more future raid wings.) That could one day happen to WvW too; ANet just decides that it’s no longer worth their time to continue making new content for WvW and puts the mode into life-support.

So be careful what you wish for, and perhaps consider some measures to make it easier for more casual WvW players to earn their rewards without needing to spend 2 – 3 hours in WvW each day, or resorting to really shady farming tactics. Observe what happened with PvP Seasons, for instance. When Season 5 came out, it was an instant hit thanks to the new skins and the relative ease with which they could be obtained. Then ANet slammed the brakes on for Season 6 and it was a total disaster. Participation was the lowest it had ever been for a Season, and matches were all over the place thanks to matchmaking struggling to find enough people of suitable skill levels to match each other. Now ANet’s trying to walk back the changes a little for Season 7. We’ll see this time if the masses decide if they’ve done enough to warrant a return, but it was a sobering lesson that I hope ANet took to heart.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

XTR.9604

I can see where you’re coming from, but as a veteran of many gaming communities past and present, let me just caution you that a refusal to consider changes that bring in and keep new blood is, in the end, a recipe for disaster.

And we’ve all been telling anet this for years, but they don’t care lol. They do what they see fit as best, player feedback truly does not matter and never has. It is exactly why WvW is in such a terrible state right now and has been since they changed the way stability worked.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: adragonzord.3471

adragonzord.3471

Nah I have two accounts and the length it takes to get the rewards are ridiculous. Rank 2450 on my main, rank 463 on my alt and it takes waaaaaaayyy too long to get any rewards.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

Totally agree. I dont disagree with all the new people its great.

I think this brought in a few separate populations.

Old vets eager to cash in on their previous records
New players that now see some new skins/rewards to get

Much like tournaments the second group will peace out as soon as said rewards are achieved. The first group might hang for a bit longer but pretty much will go back on hiatus once they see that the mechanics they didnt like before havent changed. So, if they reduce the time to rewards they are really just reducing the time these players stick around. Rewards in wvw are always a temporary thing because lets face it, the core wvw population doesnt play wvw for the rewards. Only people that enjoy the game mode for what it is will stay. Now if the reward seekers are immediately discouraged, fine they were gonna leave as soon as they got the candy anyway except they leave without the candy. Those that are new and find the rewards enougj might even stick around long enough to see the real wvw gameplay appear, join a wvw guild, maybe pop into vcoms and find out why its fun. The longer one plays wvw I imagine the more likely they are to stay and so ifbthe rewards are slowly gained this increases those who are seeking rewards but are primed to atleast see where a longhaul mighht take them and therefore are morelikey to stay. Ifbthe rewards were shortened I think it would all be exactly like tournaments and theyd just put the head down and suffer through it and be thankful whennit was over.

Overall I think its a great thing for the gvame mode as far as anet strategy they can keep the rewards people are complaining about rank gated and make the core happy or they can cave and let the candy seekers rush back to wherever they came from. Since the candy seekers were gonna leave anyway I think the only wrong move would be to yet again slap the wvw core in the face by showing them all that time sustainingbtheir game mode was not appreciated. I think what a wvw player is is a giant spectrum and its a slow or fast transition from candy seeking pve land to a different type of motivation thats more about team amd less about I. Soo I disagree that rewards will drastically increase core wvw players but certainly equalising a candy seekers candy seeking effort in wvw to that of a gift essentially for game mode loyalty I think is the primary arguement in those thteads. I will likely never get the backpack despite my high rank its fuggly. Every precursor I have been given I sold for siege or to fund the guilds siege making efforts. But I can understand why veteran players, the core that will stay around would be angry about said equalization of those wvw efforts.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Nighteyess.2149

Nighteyess.2149

Please don’t cave

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

As a pve player who will likely never obtain these rewards, I’m with you OP. I think it’s great that you guys are going to have some really prestigious stuff that shows your dedication to this game mode.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

Is this one of those things where people complain because they can’t have what other people have? Because they feel entitled to a participation trophy?

Throwing my hat in the ring. Legendary ARMOR needs to be not tied to raids and easier to obtain.

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

I’m with the OP.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Nonsense. If you truly believed this, then you wouldn’t be so upset and be so aggressively against the idea of a reasonable requirement for those said rewards.

In their current implementation, they are grossly unreasonable for newer players and those players in lower tier/population servers. Are you really going to pretend to be so ignorant to that fact, simply because of how upset you are over the state of WvW for the past few years?

You are aware that the changes in this patch didn’t fix any of those issues, right? All it did was try revitalize WvW by attracting players from other areas of the game, similar to what they attempted with sPvP. You do realize that the attempt will prove to be a failure once these players leave of frustration, right? Similar to last sPvP season – it was dead.

So, those players you so nonchalantly complain about and blame are there in an attempt to help the game mode that you so claim to care so much about; but, behave in an extremely contradictory manner to it.

There’s reasonable requirements for end game rewards, and there’s unreasonable requirements for end game rewards. This just happens to fall under the latter. I’m not for making the requirements stupid easy, no. However, it should be acquirable in a reasonable amount of time, with a reasonable amount of effort. As I said before, in my opinion, 1k is a perfectly reasonable amount for more than one reason.

As I already said, try thinking logically about the situation instead of letting your grudge-filled emotions drive your opinion in the matter.

I actually give a kitten about the game and it having a healthy population is beneficial to me. So, I am all for attracting new players and keeping players that may already be frustrated from being in lower tier/population servers. Therefore, I am ALL FOR A NERF to the ridiculous requirement currently in place.

At this time, I think I’ve used the term “reasonable” more than enough to get my point across. If you still have problems understanding it, then you cannot be helped.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

XTR.9604

Nonsense. If you truly believed this, then you wouldn’t be so upset and be so aggressively against the idea of a reasonable requirement for those said rewards.

In their current implementation, they are grossly unreasonable for newer players and those players in lower tier/population servers. Are you really going to pretend to be so ignorant to that fact, simply because of how upset you are over the state of WvW for the past few years?

You are aware that the changes in this patch didn’t fix any of those issues, right? All it did was try revitalize WvW by attracting players from other areas of the game, similar to what they attempted with sPvP. You do realize that the attempt will prove to be a failure once these players leave of frustration, right? Similar to last sPvP season – it was dead.

So, those players you so nonchalantly complain about and blame are there in an attempt to help the game mode that you so claim to care so much about; but, behave in an extremely contradictory manner to it.

There’s reasonable requirements for end game rewards, and there’s unreasonable requirements for end game rewards. This just happens to fall under the latter. I’m not for making the requirements stupid easy, no. However, it should be acquirable in a reasonable amount of time, with a reasonable amount of effort. As I said before, in my opinion, 1k is a perfectly reasonable amount for more than one reason.

As I already said, try thinking logically about the situation instead of letting your grudge-filled emotions drive your opinion in the matter.

I actually give a kitten about the game and it having a healthy population is beneficial to me. So, I am all for attracting new players and keeping players that may already be frustrated from being in lower tier/population servers. Therefore, I am ALL FOR A NERF to the ridiculous requirement currently in place.

At this time, I think I’ve used the term “reasonable” more than enough to get my point across. If you still have problems understanding it, then you cannot be helped.

How do you figure they’re unreasonable? For those of us who have been playing WvW for years exclusively, we’re happy with this requirement because it means our work in WvW is paying off for us after we’ve been neglected for years. You won’t be seeing many veteran WvW players running around with any of the new legendaries because of how much PvE they require. They’re not obtainable for those of us who have limited time to play and want to spend our time enjoying the game in WvW instead of grinding in PvE. So you guys can go spend your time out of your element in WvW if you want our rewards just as we have to be out of our element in PvE to get your rewards. I know it might be hard for you to understand, but there are MANY players who are EXCLUSIVELY WvW players in this game and do not want to do PvE for any reason.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Maureen Adaal.3412

Maureen Adaal.3412

Agree with what many have said: Yes it will take a long time to get the max rewards, but if you focus on that, you are missing the point. WvW is fun in itself, and if you play for years you get years of fun, and now a shiny as well.

I admit there is some vanity: if I will see a player running around in full T3 armor its clear that he’s a full blown WvW player.

Elena Adaal – [Kale] Kalevala – Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Asur.9178

How do you figure they’re unreasonable?

Go start a new account in a low population t3 server and tell me how fast you can climb it. You’ll have your answer. If you’re not willing to do that, then you have your answer as well.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see how unreasonable the requirements are. You just have to stop thinking about yourself for a minute (I know it’s difficult for many) and look at the bigger picture.

Also, try avoid assuming. Read before assuming.

(edited by Asur.9178)

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

servers. Therefore, I am ALL FOR A NERF to the ridiculous requirement currently in place.

I ssid this above but i think it explains the logic behind the “not your pve candy”

Much like tournaments the second group will peace out as soon as said rewards are achieved. The first group might hang for a bit longer but pretty much will go back on hiatus once they see that the mechanics they didnt like before havent changed. So, if they reduce the time to rewards they are really just reducing the time these players stick around. Rewards in wvw are always a temporary thing because lets face it, the core wvw population doesnt play wvw for the rewards. Only people that enjoy the game mode for what it is will stay. Now if the reward seekers are immediately discouraged, fine they were gonna leave as soon as they got the candy anyway except they leave without the candy. Those that are new and find the rewards enougj might even stick around long enough to see the real wvw gameplay appear, join a wvw guild, maybe pop into vcoms and find out why its fun. The longer one plays wvw I imagine the more likely they are to stay and so ifbthe rewards are slowly gained this increases those who are seeking rewards but are primed to atleast see where a longhaul mighht take them and therefore are morelikey to stay. Ifbthe rewards were shortened I think it would all be exactly like tournaments and theyd just put the head down and suffer through it and be thankful whennit was over.
Overall I think its a great thing for the gvame mode as far as anet strategy they can keep the rewards people are complaining about rank gated and make the core happy or they can cave and let the candy seekers rush back to wherever they came from. Since the candy seekers were gonna leave anyway I think the only wrong move would be to yet again slap the wvw core in the face by showing them all that time sustainingbtheir game mode was not appreciated. I think what a wvw player is is a giant spectrum and its a slow or fast transition from candy seeking pve land to a different type of motivation thats more about team amd less about I. Soo I disagree that rewards will drastically increase core wvw players but certainly equalising a candy seekers candy seeking effort in wvw to that of a gift essentially for game mode loyalty I think is the primary arguement in those thteads. I will likely never get the backpack despite my high rank its fuggly. Every precursor I have been given I sold for siege or to fund the guilds siege making efforts. But I can understand why veteran players, the core that will stay around would be angry about said equalization of those wvw efforts.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: SWI.4127

SWI.4127

Mainly PvE player here, but casually play WvW. Just wanted to make some things clear. And I will preface this by saying I do not think they should reduce the rank requirement.

PvErs are not going to ruin your mode in the long-term. I’m sure the quality of play has gone down temporarily, but I guarantee all of the “casuals” will get filtered into one of two categories:

1) They will take a liking to the mode and slowly start to adjust/learn. That means getting WvW-appropriate gear, asking questions, joining voice comms, etc.

2) They will have a bad time, look at how long it will take them to get to rank 2000, and quit.

It will take a bit of time, sure, but this is how things will play out. Nobody likes dying over and over and over again in any game mode, and they will eventually adjust or quit. It’s absurd to think someone will mindlessly bang their head against a brick wall for thousands of hours for a shiny skin.

I also want to say that PvErs don’t solely play the game for rewards, they play the game because they enjoy it. Rewards are pointless if you quit the game because you don’t enjoy it. In addition to this, if you really care that someone who has spent less time in WvW than you can get the same skin as you, then rewards are also pretty important to you as well. You can say otherwise, but people wouldn’t be arguing so passionately in this forum if it wasn’t the case. So these arguments that one “type” of player plays for solely superficial reasons, while another “type” just plays for the pure love of the game is such BS. Both “types” love the game, clearly.

Which brings me to my last point…why are we even categorizing people into these “types” anyway? You don’t have to exclusively play one type of mode. I know people on this forum and the people in your WvW guilds are hardcore WvW players and probably spend the vast majority of the time there, but that same type of experience does not apply to everybody in this game. I’ve been playing a lot more recently because of a recent transfer. I’m playing because it’s fun, challenging, and I want to get better. I’m not even earning pips because of the recent transfer, but I don’t mind. I get that WvWs are a super loyal bunch, just don’t make everyone an outsider.

With that said, I have found the majority of WvW players to be pretty welcoming (more than I expected). I know prestige items are cool, just try to keep some perspective here. Some people are a bit overly defensive about the mode to the detriment of the game.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Asur.9178

servers. Therefore, I am ALL FOR A NERF to the ridiculous requirement currently in place.

I ssid this above but i think it explains the logic behind the “not your pve candy”

I skimmed this because you do not know how to write properly.

I will respond to a single point that stood out as needing a response.

Your logic for not reducing the ridiculous cost: “slap the wvw core in the face by showing them all that time sustainingbtheir game mode was not appreciated” is utterly flawed and stupid. There’s absolutely no reason any WvW vet should be complaining about a reduction in cost. I’m pretty sure those dedicated roamers who did not blob for years would be more pleased than upset over the change.

Like I said, stop thinking about number one, and start thinking about the bigger picture and the game’s health.

I’m actually done arguing logically at this point because all I see are the same repetition of nonsensical arguments from a select few people. You cannot knock sense into one who’s willfully ignorant.

It’s not like I’m personally affected by this ridiculous requirement anyway. Enjoy your illogical arguments. I’m out!

(edited by Asur.9178)

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I like where the rewards are at right now. The suggestion for a ‘double’ ticket or xp week would be a fine idea.

SBI

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

XTR.9604

Go start a new account in a low population t3 server and tell me how fast you can climb it. You’ll have your answer. If you’re not willing to do that, then you have your answer as well.

Okay, and to your point – go start a new account on any server and tell me how long it takes you to farm a legendary in PvE. Really not hard to blow your argument out of the water.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Asur.9178

Okay, and to your point – go start a new account on any server and tell me how long it takes you to farm a legendary in PvE. Really not hard to blow your argument out of the water.

I do raids on 3 accounts. It took me ~13.5 weeks to get legendary armour on a brand new account. Try again!

EDIT: I do WvW as well, and as I said numerous times before, I have over 3k rank. So, you can step off your high horse thinking anyone who’s provided counter arguments are your enemy and some filthy "PvE"er.

The animosity that you lot display is simply despicable.

(edited by Asur.9178)

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Eypheha.5831

Eypheha.5831

I think the rank requirement acts as a nice and appropriate filter. As one poster noted, once they really realize what it takes to get the gear…the prize…they’ll quit if they don’t find they enjoy the game mode. If they like it, they’ll stay and lo and behold, they’ll get the prize, but by that time, it really won’t matter because they had so much fun getting there, the prize is sorta secondary.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

The fact of the matter is that the people who benefit from rewards basically automatically being retrofit to people’s accounts are in favor of the requirement. For the people who believe new rewards should not be based on past effort but instead future effort think the change is unreasonable. It’s people being selfish snowflakes

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

The fact of the matter is that the people who benefit from rewards basically automatically being retrofit to people’s accounts are in favor of the requirement. For the people who believe new rewards should not be based on past effort but instead future effort think the change is unreasonable. It’s people being selfish snowflakes

Not necessarily I have 323 rank and I am fine with the 2k rank requirement, it finally shows Anet giving the dedicated WvW players something to show off that can’t be ground out in a matter of days/weeks by players that only base rewards and never cared for WvW to begin with, see how they only follow the shinies?

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

personally i feel like anet is going on the road to grindy korean mmos and it makes me want to quit the game entirely. I really hope they lower this to at least rank 1000, all the other requirements for it seem fair to me. If you guys know the history of wvw rank you would know that its not really tied to wvw dedication, its just a grind tied to karma training rather then actually wvwing.

aka. “The Complainer”

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

Not necessarily I have 323 rank and I am fine with the 2k rank requirement, it finally shows Anet giving the dedicated WvW players something to show off that can’t be ground out in a matter of days/weeks by players that only base rewards and never cared for WvW to begin with, see how they only follow the shinies?

Yep… it HAS to be attainable in either a few days/weeks or two years…. no middle ground… come on

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I am a casual player, mostly wvw, and I don’t give a hoot about the rewards. I don’t play wvw for rewards…..I play it because it is a hilarious blast most of the time.

I certainly can see the points about needing to bring new blood in and keep it….and yea, might be a good idea to reduce it some to get and keep new blood.

But like I said, even if I was a super high rank, I still probably wouldn’t care at all about it. My main has the gear he needs, and wvw is a blast, so I am good.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I might agree, if new players weren’t actually capable of reaching the levels that standing WvW players have. You should not get rewarded for doing something in the past that new players cannot get.

But they can. Any new WvW player is, outside of EOTM shenanigans which comprise a fairly small minority of players, perfectly capable of getting rank.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see how unreasonable the requirements are. You just have to stop thinking about yourself for a minute (I know it’s difficult for many) and look at the bigger picture.

Im on Cd and in less then a hour i got 2 levels, i was using booster from Guild Hall and a personal booster. I did not fight with the zerg since my internet cant handle it so i missed on 2 keeps and 2 towers. I and a small group grabbed camps and towers away from the zerg. We got into a few little fights and ran over twice from the zerg not warning us that the engemy was headning our direction.

I really dont see a issue with leveling, also if you want to talk future of the game just look at PvP.

S1-4 Anet made it super easy for player to get the Legendary back pc. The above average players like myself got it in S2 very quickly. Here was the issue, by S4 none of us were playing. Casuals were getting 10 min que times.

You need your veterans, ESL players consistently playing the game. S5 hits, new rewards, titles and money system. PvP players are playing and a ton of PvE players collecting rewards.

S6 comes with no changes to titles, made the new armor harder to get and made it PvE ish with crafting. PvP players dont want to craft and PvE players quit playing because they didnt want to work for it. Couple that together with less veterans playing and less PvE players going in and the game mode was embarrassing to look at compared to S5.

People have to have something to work for, short term things to grab are dungeon armor. Fractal items/gear towards ascended.

Heck i dont even raid and i completed W1 with a basic understanding of what the bosses do. Raids are simply learning skill rotations and having the right gear.

PvP and WvW were suppose to be the long term goals with killing 250,000 players. Winning 10,000 PvP matches, Anet gave these game modes really nothing to hold there heads up and even made PvP a joke when it came to actually getting better at the game.

So if we are taking long term Anet should not change it. It will keep veterans in the game longer, it will help them recruit PvE players who might eventually want the items down the road. So lets say raid nights are sunday and Fridays and 1 day a week they might find a day to WvW with a Guild.

Or you make it easier and PvE players get there items, veterans/ main WvW players get there items faster and play less. PvE players will play less and WvW dies faster.

Take a look at the ratings in S5 of PvP and then look at S6. Players in gold 2 where getting into the top 250 of the game when some players had alt accounts. In S5 you had to be plat 2 and almost plat3 just to get 250.

Think about the hundreds of player who didnt play S6 and the skill gap. A player with a rating of 1780 S5 got rank 250.

S6 a player with a rank of 1630 got 250.

You cant bring in long term health of the game when it comes to Anet who have consistently change things from hard to easy or easy to hard just frustrating the community on both ends.

They should keep it the way it is and simply be a long term goal for the game.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

The reason people haven’t been excited to play since day one is the weak reward system! Now that there are cool rewards people are saying that they should only be available to people who have been playing for YEARS. Ok…. so if there are no cool new rewards then the people who felt it wasn’t a rewarding use of their time to WvW will feel the same way and the game mode will stay dead. But at least you get some shiny particle effects on your non-legendary armor while the mode is dying. Makes sense to me.

This. If the intent of the new rewards is to entice more people to play the game mode, they have to be actually enticed, rather then looking at what it’s going to take to get anywhere and going “blow that for a game of soldiers”.

That said, I think the high ticket requirements are fine. There’s nothing wrong with having a long-term goal!

I think the bigger problem, however, is that for newer WvWers, there’s a significant barrier to climb just to make progress. It takes 100 pips per week just to get any tickets at all that week. When you could be making as few as twelve pips an hour (and that’s once you’ve got your rank 3 participation, which can take a bit of time itself), that’s a big investment to ask of somebody who’s just dipping their proverbial toes in.

What could make for a good compromise is if, instead of tying all the tickets for a tier to the big box at the end, it was spread out more. So the wooden tier could have two tickets per sub-box and then four in the final box, and the bronze tier could have three per sub-box and six in the final, and so on. That way, somebody who, for whatever reason, only has a limited time to spend in a given week can at least make some progress, even if it is going to take a long time to get anywhere at 2-6 tickets a week.

The WvW rank requirements for the higher tiers… those I’m fine with, actually. Again, long-term goal, and there doesn’t seem to be that much difference in appearance between Triumphant Hero and Mistforged Triumphant Hero. Different enough to show off, for sure, but it’s basically just some extra light and particle effects – if you just like the skin, Triumphant Hero’s is sufficient.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

No, I believe the intent is to finally reward folks who have been playing this mode WITHOUT rewards (for the first three years, and greens/blues afterwards) since launch.

If you want the shiny, put in the time.

You can still play the game whether you have the reward or not.

Stop acting like spoiled children.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

2k rank isn’t even a lot. I’m at just under 4K rank, getting around 5-10 ranks every night I play (2-3 nights a week tops). Used to play more, but also used to do all the roaming and scouting stuff more often too. Barely stepped foot into eotm except to level a couple of characters. Prob got max 200 ranks there out of my 4k.

Just play every night with a guild and look for the big fights. That’s where most of the wxp is. You just need to be good enough to get the kills to win the fights. Those big SMC fights used to net me like 15-20 ranks an hour. Get good enough at the game mode to avoid dying while contributing to fights is the best way to get ranks.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

No, I believe the intent is to finally reward folks who have been playing this mode WITHOUT rewards (for the first three years, and greens/blues afterwards) since launch.

I think it’s a bit of both, which is why WvW rank influences pips. The veterans can earn pips, and therefore the new shinies, much faster than people just coming in.

However, I think they also want to give people who wouldn’t normally WvW more of an incentive to do so. That incentive is going to dry up quickly if it becomes a case of ‘expect to to spend several hours per week to make any progress at all’, however.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Ppl coming to wvw for rewards r going to leave wvw again either way. Rewards dont sustain wvw game mode. If that was the case it woild have been dead years ago…years ago. So the areguement that decreasing time to said rewards will “save” the game mode is just shortsighted. If you’ve been a wvw’er you’ve seen this like clockwork. All of it is extremely predicatable. If you wanna “save” the game mode fix balance rewards arent going to do it.

On another note though. Zerg busting is back in style at least while the reward swarms last. Really enjoying the changes. Omg the bags lol.

(edited by PabbyGaul.9682)

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I remember coming into WvW for map completion. I also remember green keep EBG was almost impossible to flip during my normal play time. This was back when server colors didn’t change much. I also remember transferring, when it was free, several times to servers that dominated matches in order to get map completion when it seemed that I would never get that last couple locations.

I played WvW for map completion long enough to start liking WvW, and stayed for years.

How many of you also got hooked the same way?

I’m glad Anet made it a grind to get WvW rewards. Don’t change it like you did for Gift of Battle.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: masta.4509

masta.4509

lol I was about to make this. Theres nothing wrong with wvw the fact we get more rewards is great. BTW I play for fights so theres been nothing wrong with the game mode for a long time.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

The only thing I want to see changed is for some of the pips needed to complete Wood tier to move to higher tiers.

Same amount of pips to get all the way to diamond, same number of tickets per week, but let casuals get their 10 tickets + loyalty bonus pip a little sooner so they can feel like they are making progress.

‘Cause they’re so much fun to get the drop on, and I don’t want all of them to leave >:)

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Wanna piggyback on what reverence was saying. This is going to sound elitist. I’m ranking bout 8-10 levels an hour without booster. I’m a vet already rank 2700 roughly. My guild is small scale usually no more than 5 people and we don’t run tag ever. When you’re the one farming bad players/builds, know the flow of the map (i.e timers, how long it takes to get to places, and the best ways to move around the map) you can farm WXP super fast. You can’t take a crap in W3 w/out gaining some wxp for it, it ranks super fast if you’re on the move and not dying every 2 min because your running some garbo PVE build and have no situational awareness. My point being GETGUD and you might be shocked how fast you can farm levels just by playing the mode in a smart way not just getting on another PVE tag and getting farmed.

Getgud means first and foremost class/build. I’m seeing a bazillion pve ranger/thieves players right now ya’ll gotta get with it that medium class is garbo in W3 always has been. Ranger can be useful but it’s niche and you’d need a coordinated group to put it to good use. Seems to me alot of these players have not died in awhile and are risk averse which in this mode gets you killed. W3 is not a casual gamemode like the rest of this game (outside raids and ranked) you will get farmed by even below average skill groups if you’re kitten ing around. There’s a ton of other map/player stuff that’s key to winning (gaining WXP) like good siege placement spots, best paths, likely enemy paths based on map awareness, where good chokes are, good exits when you’re outnumbered, peeling for teammates in trouble, when to res people and when to let em’ die for the bigger picture battle, wall pulls, counter siege measures, group positioning, map politics, I could go on and on. There’s alot to learn and when you do you’ll see it levels pretty fast IMO.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So much noise. All this emotional hubdub over past wrongs is nonsense.

The most important things are:

1. It rewards players for playing the actual game.
2 It is in line with comparable rewards across the game. Eg. There was a reason why 1 million yaks was off.

That being said, anet should not cave but consider these two things. Player entitlement either by disgruntled veterans or reward seekers should not play a factor.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

2 It is in line with comparable rewards across the game. Eg. There was a reason why 1 million yaks was off.

That being said, anet should not cave but consider these two things. Player entitlement either by disgruntled veterans or reward seekers should not play a factor.

well I agree for the most part, except to address part 1) quickist way to rank up is eotm, which is not wvw, so i dunno if you would consider wvw rank as “playing the actual game”

and for 2) getting rank 2k is far more disproportionate then trying to earn any other reward on any other game mode.

In fact you could get the Legendary Fractal back piece, Full legendary armor and the spvp legendary back piece, all three of these quicker then it would take for you to go from rank 0 – 2000 with no wvw boosters, since most players don’t have boosters. You could probably go for all three of them at the same time and even combined it would still be faster then going from rank 0 -2000 in wvw.

aka. “The Complainer”

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Honestly, I’m hoping pve folks learn that Wvw is not a dirty word.

When you’re part of a really great team, you learn this is truly GW2 endgame, instead of waiting for an update.

Ignore the detractors. A true WvWer will be more than happy to show anyone new the ropes.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

well I agree for the most part, except to address part 1) quickist way to rank up is eotm, which is not wvw, so i dunno if you would consider wvw rank as “playing the actual game”

and for 2) getting rank 2k is far more disproportionate then trying to earn any other reward on any other game mode.

In fact you could get the Legendary Fractal back piece, Full legendary armor and the spvp legendary back piece, all three of these quicker then it would take for you to go from rank 0 – 2000 with no wvw boosters, since most players don’t have boosters. You could probably go for all three of them at the same time and even combined it would still be faster then going from rank 0 -2000 in wvw.

I meant getting the legendary itself. That requires WvW no?

I mean I guess you could get 2000 ranks in EOTM and then come over, but that seems like an even bigger waste of time. 2000 ranks is for the t3 armor…. and that’s just ascended. T2 is also ascended. Why worry?

Also you get a free celebration booster every month, and also birthday boosters yearly for each character. I have like 10 of those I’ve never used.

Also, if you have the ley-matter energy converter, you can buy a box of WvW supplies for Wxp that doesn’t even require WvW period.

Tier 3 armor is the ultimate prestigious WvW armor, and it will require you to have earned both Tier 1 and Tier 2 to acquire. Each piece requires a very high WvW rank to purchase.

That’s sort of intentional.

Also the legendary backpiece only requires rank 350…. get that first?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: road range.6293

road range.6293

I’m 3K already… But, I can’t even get in to play, because of all queued maps. So I can’t earn it anyway! Brilliant!

Re-select able stat armor (Legendary) is the only armor that would be worth doing all this for anyway IMHO. All this for ordinary ascended armor? It should be all about legendary armor, not ascended. And it should be available to obtain through ALL game modes, that way, WVW wouldn’t be FLOODED with PVEers in queue making the mode unplayable for the real players. Duh. And these set levels would be reasonable, and understandable, to all the real players of the mode anyway.

I’d be happy if I could just play the game. Regulars are going to have to quit, or, play PVE. Or, type on the forums while waiting in queue, and, searching the internet for new games to play…. Sweet!

If your WVW rank 2000+ you’ve already earned the back pack IMHO, they should just give it to them…lol. And, then let them focus on the only desirable armor possible at that point. Legendary. With re-select able stats. But only raiders get that privilege.

Rank requirements are of no concern if you cant get on a map to play the game anymore.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Im on Cd and in less then a hour i got 2 levels, i was using booster from Guild Hall and a personal booster. I did not fight with the zerg since my internet cant handle it so i missed on 2 keeps and 2 towers. I and a small group grabbed camps and towers away from the zerg. We got into a few little fights and ran over twice from the zerg not warning us that the engemy was headning our direction.

I really dont see a issue with leveling, also if you want to talk future of the game just look at PvP.

S1-4 Anet made it super easy for player to get the Legendary back pc. The above average players like myself got it in S2 very quickly. Here was the issue, by S4 none of us were playing. Casuals were getting 10 min que times.

You need your veterans, ESL players consistently playing the game. S5 hits, new rewards, titles and money system. PvP players are playing and a ton of PvE players collecting rewards.

S6 comes with no changes to titles, made the new armor harder to get and made it PvE ish with crafting. PvP players dont want to craft and PvE players quit playing because they didnt want to work for it. Couple that together with less veterans playing and less PvE players going in and the game mode was embarrassing to look at compared to S5.

People have to have something to work for, short term things to grab are dungeon armor. Fractal items/gear towards ascended.

Heck i dont even raid and i completed W1 with a basic understanding of what the bosses do. Raids are simply learning skill rotations and having the right gear.

PvP and WvW were suppose to be the long term goals with killing 250,000 players. Winning 10,000 PvP matches, Anet gave these game modes really nothing to hold there heads up and even made PvP a joke when it came to actually getting better at the game.

So if we are taking long term Anet should not change it. It will keep veterans in the game longer, it will help them recruit PvE players who might eventually want the items down the road. So lets say raid nights are sunday and Fridays and 1 day a week they might find a day to WvW with a Guild.

Or you make it easier and PvE players get there items, veterans/ main WvW players get there items faster and play less. PvE players will play less and WvW dies faster.

Take a look at the ratings in S5 of PvP and then look at S6. Players in gold 2 where getting into the top 250 of the game when some players had alt accounts. In S5 you had to be plat 2 and almost plat3 just to get 250.

Think about the hundreds of player who didnt play S6 and the skill gap. A player with a rating of 1780 S5 got rank 250.

S6 a player with a rank of 1630 got 250.

You cant bring in long term health of the game when it comes to Anet who have consistently change things from hard to easy or easy to hard just frustrating the community on both ends.

They should keep it the way it is and simply be a long term goal for the game.

He was going about how he will take few weeks to get the legendary backpiece while calling me an idiot in another thread, I giggled as I wondered how he so sure is just few weeks, reality is it isn’t, that shows the level of arrogance and ignorance. You are wasting time typing a wall of text for him, he merely trying for acts of heroism and standing up for so-called unfairness, even when there are a lot of people that did not have the rank agreed with the requirement. I am pretty sure he is using alt account so he will not get banned if one day he start to go overboard with the personal attacks.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Anet, don’t change it. Let those serious about wvw commit themselves. It’s not about the shinies anyway. Let’s not make it just about those things. Lowering it won’t change anything if they are going to leave after getting it. Leave it as is.

Funny how you say it’s not about the shines while near everyone who played wvw for years is whining about that exact thing.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Anet, don’t change it. Let those serious about wvw commit themselves. It’s not about the shinies anyway. Let’s not make it just about those things. Lowering it won’t change anything if they are going to leave after getting it. Leave it as is.

Funny how you say it’s not about the shines while near everyone who played wvw for years is whining about that exact thing.

Well except for the fact that we had zero rewards for the first two years and we still played.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Jaysian.8135

Jaysian.8135

For the 1st time in your life anet pls do not cave to casuals or players that don’t even care about wvw to lower the Reqs for armor etc.

Don’t care if rank restriction are even higher, just need to change the the way you earn pips base on your rank need to be reduce. For all I care you can set the armor requirement to 9000 if you want.

For once AN don't cave

in WvW

Posted by: Jaysian.8135

Jaysian.8135

Well except for the fact that we had zero rewards for the first two years and we still played.

If you truly have “zero” reward. Then you must just login in wvw and just afk the entire time, i dont think afking in wvw is consider playing, but it seem most vet think so.