[Fort Aspenwood]-[Maguuma]-[Dragonbrand] 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Nadya.4250

Nadya.4250

It seems that Dragonbrand has very small presence during the waking hours of PST. Seems that if I want to participate and actually have a chance at joining some in taking a tower I have to do it around 3am pacific and that’s just not doable. I tried to play at 6pm and we just kept dying because to our 15 people in a group we had about 40 Maguma or Fort Aspenwood who swarmed and attacked us in plane land not at a tower or a supply just found us and killed us. All I did was repair my armor for two hours and I feel sad that I can not take part in this supposedly fair part of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

@Bestement: I’m not sure if it was Ibludgeon at the time but it’s likely it was him as there was a small group of us in the Mag BL for most of yesterday, with him as one of the commanders. When I logged off he was on even though FA only had 10 players left on your map (but no outmanned buff because there was also 20 – 30 FA bots farming in the lake!).

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Mandena.6109

Mandena.6109

It really feels this matchup could’ve been closer. Lots of crap going on this week tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

This is a pretty weird matchup.. seems like all 3 sides have their zerg-moments but never quite at the same time.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’ve continued to have some really good fights, though I believe last night was more Maguuma-centric. A nice drawn-out duel with a Mesmer (after my level 43 engi friend died, which was expected), Thieves in various places, and other small groups. Usually fights turned into 1v4 or 1v5, often against my favor, but still good fun.

Also, my underleveled Engi friend had a nice introduction to small-scale Thieves/Mesmers. His reaction was more tempered than I might have thought, but still entertaining.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kong.4035

Kong.4035

Maguuma is usually well organized and has good commanders but we are falling apart this week. I expected a much closer battle but the lack of leadership and strategy have caused this to be a one-sided waste of a matchup in general.

I commend Fort Aspenwood for their strategy and teamwork and would love to know if the passive approach of Maguuma in prime time EST hours have allowed you guys to basically cap as you wish.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Maguumans need to stop fighting DB and get caught up to FA in points before they start wasting their resources on the 3rd place server. Stop fighting for silver and go for the gold lol. We dont have enough points to move you above FA and I know for a fact we as server are doing our best to focus FA. So if you’re cool with 2nd or 3rd please feel free to keep attacking us, but if you wanna try and win something for the first time in a month or two, let’s hit #1 yeah? cool.

The game is specifically set up to encourage (more like force, actually) the second and third place servers to fight each other. Don’t blame Maguuma for playing the game the way it is currently designed.

I think it’s a stupid design, but that’s the way it is. Human beings are rational, logical creatures. They will not ‘go for the gold’ when it is imposisble to do so. Instead, they will limit their losses (you know we typically fear potential losses more than we value potential gains, right?) and secure second. The best way to do this is to take points from the other server that might compete with them for second, because those points are basically worth double to them compared to points from the winning server.

The whole thing needs rework. Arena.net imagines the two weaker servers will work together against the stronger, but what REALLY happens is the two stronger servers work against the weakest, because they give up the easiest points. :|

in WvW

Posted by: Nargaroth.1482

Nargaroth.1482

We were dominated by black gate and then TC (we fought those only on our prime time). Finally our team is winning now.

I’ve been in fort aspenwood since 3 days head start.

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

Didn’t we beat sea of sorrows right before blackgate? Granted that was two different set of player vs door crowds, so not the most exciting of matches.

As a mechanic of generating good close matches where any server has a chance of being #1 in points, their match making system has been a complete failure.

Still can have lots of fun in wuvuv, even if you are losing (it’s easier to have fun if you own nothing than if you own everything, IMO)

I’ve been doing mostly halloween this matchup, tbh :p

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

As a mechanic of generating good close matches where any server has a chance of being #1 in points, their match making system has been a complete failure.

Hasn’t the failure been with free transfers? How could a matchmaking system possibly accommodate for mass transfers around servers after it collects data on the performance of each server?

I’m curious what they could do to try to reduce “No Hope Syndrome”. I really wish I’d been a fly on the wall for ANet’s internal discussions regarding WvWvW, because I don’t think they had enough cynicism in the design phase. If anyone’s played 3-player A Game of Thrones: The Board Game, you’ll know that if one player is stubborn about a position, the whole game suffers because it means another player will have free reign. For example, if Green has all keeps and everything north of them, let’s say Red and Blue dedicate their forces to taking Bay and Hills. In a perfect world, Green could potentially split, man siege, and have two good fights. However, odds are a zerg would dedicate to one side.

Now we have one keep that’s more or less easy pickins, and another that won’t go down. If Blue’s keep won’t go down, where would they go? Probably to Red. Red might have time to take the keep, but now they need to fight Blue. Meanwhile, Green can go take the keep they lost back if Red doesn’t handle the force distribution properly, and especially if they don’t have time to get siege up.

Even if Blue and Red are in an “alliance”, Blue’s going to be frustrated because Red is gaining ground. Shouldn’t an alliance be mutually beneficial? The leadership/coordination to get Red to go help Blue take the other keep is staggering to imagine.

That isn’t to say it can’t be done, and maybe eventually strong enough leaders will develop that create a complex strategic environment like that where alliances mean something. That would be a wonderful day. Until that day, the slippery slope is quite slippery, and NHS takes root very, very early.

The only idea I have regarding WvWvW is to maybe make the first set of points acquired mean more, while gaining more of the map ends up meaning less. If the score is 100/100/500 (I know points don’t add up to 700, but close enough), perhaps scaling could make it something like 200/200/400. Taking as much as possible still has merit, but it doesn’t create an environment that feels impossible to recover from, halving the rate at which the disparity happens.

I don’t know what the exact math would be, and blowouts would still be blowouts (to be balanced by a matchmaker that doesn’t have to deal with free transfers), but perhaps it would step in the appropriate direction.

Either way, I’ll be curious to see what they do, and while they’re busy doing it, I’ll be out just looking for fun fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

@Kong
We never underestimate Maguuma and their ability to form a defensive siege or a ninja on a keep. I think we have found the best way to take Maguuma down is to break their forces by attacking multiple objectives – otherwise they just turtle up and hold us at a bottleneck. Don’t think Fort Aspenwood has taken any objectives easily though – they all come at a cost somewhere else (weakened forces somewhere else), or we face heavy defenses. No PvDoor in this match at all. Well done to the Dragonbrand guys portal bombing all over the place in Maguuma borderlands too, and the offensive (sneaky!) Maguuma hits on eastern keep and garrison. It was pretty devastating to have Maguuma beating on two doors to get their garrison back, while simultaneously DB was destroying our southern towers and camps before moving on to hit western keep.

When there’s 7 orange swords on the map, and the winning team gets an outmanned buff here and there, you know it’s a good match. I would like to stress this game CAN still be won by anyone. I hope that Fort Aspenwood doesn’t get slack in the lead because I get the feeling these two servers will strike quickly at any sign of weakness.

(edited by Maniac.5163)

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

Hasn’t the failure been with free transfers? How could a matchmaking system possibly accommodate for mass transfers around servers after it collects data on the performance of each server?

That’s a good point, and I’m amazed and baffled that Arena.net switched to week long matchups while still allowing 24 hour transfers. That’s a sure fire recipe for disaster.

Additionally, however, the mechanics promote snowballing. We’ve had very balanced matches (like last weeks’ TC/FA/DB) that end up ludicrous blowouts, because as soon as one realm gets all 3 orbs and nightcaps and the people in the other two servers wake up and see the whole map owned by the enemy and all 3 orbs and them 20k-30k points ahead, about 80% of the population just gives up. This is true on every server, except possibly at tier 1. It doesn’t matter how balanced the populations are or how tense and even the fighting was, once one server gets a lead you get a huge blow out.

The only come from behind wins I’ve seen have been masssive, massive midweek server transfers, or something like we pulled vs sea of sorrows when we realized they had no NA presence at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

That’s a good point, and I’m amazed and baffled that Arena.net switched to week long matchups while still allowing 24 hour transfers. That’s a sure fire recipe for disaster.

Additionally, however, the mechanics promote snowballing. We’ve had very balanced matches (like last weeks’ TC/FA/DB) that end up ludicrous blowouts, because as soon as one realm gets all 3 orbs and nightcaps and the people in the other two servers wake up and see the whole map owned by the enemy and all 3 orbs and them 20k-30k points ahead, about 80% of the population just gives up. This is true on every server, except possibly at tier 1. It doesn’t matter how balanced the populations are or how tense and even the fighting was, once one server gets a lead you get a huge blow out.

The only come from behind wins I’ve seen have been masssive, massive midweek server transfers, or something like we pulled vs sea of sorrows when we realized they had no NA presence at all.

^ Plus, even the moderately-diehard WvW fan realizes that the above will happen every night and stops showing up. That feeling of “no matter how hard we push, we’ll log back on to the same kitten” turns people off. Sisyphus’s story wasn’t about how much FUN can be had in these situations.

Secondly, if your server relies on PuGs to fill in the numbers to even up vs the enemy zerg, you get to the point where you simply cannot field enough people to survive. Throwing together 2 groups of decent WvW’ers to take supply camps doesn’t help much if your side doesn’t control anything to supply. And once the snowball-server realizes, “hey these guys only hit supply camps”, they’ll just plant their zergs at them and GG, you have zero places to go/fight.

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

Yep. There is a die hard core of about 20% on all servers who will come out and fight no matter what – however the winning server gets extra people who wouldn’t normally fight but come out when they are winning and the losing servers lose 4/5s of their guys so you have a matchup that on primetime on Friday was a pretty darn even fight, turn into a mess where the winning realm has 4x as many people out as the other two realms.

That’s not really a matchups issue, as the matchup WAS good and tense and close and well balanced at first – it’s a snowballing issue.

A lot of people think the only reason to wuvwuv is to make their server ‘win’ by being #1 in points. If that’s not possible, they don’t show up.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA is back up so we can see updates. Looks like we may actually be the green server of Tier 4 next week and face ET and Yaks. We could win that too and get slaughtered in T3 again. We really need EU/Oceanic presence, lol.

I was playing in FA BL a bit last night. Although we owned the entire north of the server and kept pushing in the south, the Maguuma and DB invaders didn’t back down. It’s been fun fighting you despite your smaller numbers.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

(edited by Arcadio.6875)

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

ET is a ghost town. The current scores of SoR vs TC vs ET are hilarious.

No idea how good Yaks is. We’re a bit in the same boat TC is: a really good coverage window for the tier, but if we move up, outside that time window we get whooped because we don’t really have coverage the next up tier of servers do :p

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m familiar with “No Hope Syndrome” as well, I just forgot to elaborate that point. My idea at the end of my long post was an attempt at thinking about how to solve this particular problem. People seem to take losing very personally, as well as dying to zergs.

It’s an interesting psychological problem, and I’m curious to see what plans they have to address it, if any yet.

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA is back up so we can see updates.

That site is intensely interesting to me. The very top match-up is relatively close, the bottom two are relatively close, 2 and 3 are insane blowouts, while 4, 5, and 6 are strong wins. Data like that intrigues me. I wish I could sit in on ANet’s analysis of what’s going on.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

That site is intensely interesting to me. The very top match-up is relatively close, the bottom two are relatively close, 2 and 3 are insane blowouts, while 4, 5, and 6 are strong wins. Data like that intrigues me. I wish I could sit in on ANet’s analysis of what’s going on.

What you see in the middle is population imbalance. With the free server transfers, things are in flux in the middle. The top and the bottom well, it’s all feast or all famine so they’re balanced.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

What you see in the middle is population imbalance. With the free server transfers, things are in flux in the middle. The top and the bottom well, it’s all feast or all famine so they’re balanced.

Right, so theoretically, the matchmaking system is still in progress. Unfortunately, if there are certain design aspects that need to be addressed, they’ll need to wait some weeks yet before having enough data to support any design changes.

Basically getting back to the idea that week-long matches before free server transfers were removed causing setbacks. I’ll be interested to see how it progresses over the next set of weeks.

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Plus this week is bad for WvW because some people like myself have taken time off to do the Halloween stuff.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Data like this fascinates me as well. Playing the game is a ton of fun, but so it analyzing it.

Tier 2 is a blowout partially because it contains a server (HoD) that should no longer be there. I have no idea what happened to IoJ, but next weeks match should be closer. Tier 3 should be closer next time since there will be no T1/T2 worthy servers in it. HoD will probably still get destroyed. TC vs CD may be interesting. Tier 4 will be FA vs Yaks with ET on its way down like HoD. Theoretically, the system in place creates good matches. The problem is free server transfers. We won’t have stable tiers until free server transfers come to an end.

That said, FA desperately needs EU/Oceanic guilds to be competitive. If we are better than Yaks, then we would be the 9th best server once HoD falls out of T3. We already know what a rematch with TC will look like. It wouldn’t be fun getting slaughtered in T3 but having to move up back to it because we’re better than everything below T3.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

We’re putting on a bad show of it at Maguuma this match. I feel bad for the people who are new to WvW, or to this server. This is far below par for us. We’re struggling big time with numbers and strategies. I guess it’s bound to happen during a big event. A lot of us are just playing alts to get something out of this. Unless we get people playing again, we’ll probably finish third, and that’s not something we’re used to.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Ninein.4782

We’re putting on a bad show of it at Maguuma this match. I feel bad for the people who are new to WvW, or to this server. This is far below par for us. We’re struggling big time with numbers and strategies. I guess it’s bound to happen during a big event. A lot of us are just playing alts to get something out of this. Unless we get people playing again, we’ll probably finish third, and that’s not something we’re used to.

Lose big this week while farming gold/event and stocking up. Win big next week in a lower tier and make good karma/gold. Win/win.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Our current predicted matchup is Darkhaven and Ehmry Bay. Just sayin.

But yeah, I’m using this week to get as many characters as I can to 30 so they have some minimally useful utility. I agree that it’s better to get all of that stuff out of the way this week, but I think some of our commanders may be tied up longer than that.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I feel like Mag dropped the ball a little this week in terms of leadership not simply with victories, but with losses. We’re usually better at both, especially encouraging people after a lost fight, but this week there just doesn’t seem to be any follow up with either a victory or loss. Part of that is definitely on the population, as there are people and guilds who have provided leadership and tools to coordinate but neither is heavily capitalized on. I do however see a slowly growing core of guilds and individuals and I’ve seen some people from being new players to w3 to becoming solid group members so that’s still promising.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Elcyion.7452

Elcyion.7452

As an on and off Mumble Commander on Maguuma i would like to thank Digital Villains and the Kittycat Guild for getting a good presence in this matchup the old guilds might not be showing up as much anymore but u guys have been awesome. Especially Yumyum of DV who has answered the desperate calls of the BLs when it went badly and sent some guildies in to help out when we need it the most

Swedish Insomniac
Server: Maguuma Guild: (iRez)
Night-Morning-Midday Crew WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TrunkMonkey.7589

TrunkMonkey.7589

@Kash Kind of hard to “drop the ball” when our dedicated experienced N.American commanders take a small break from the game due to personal matters.

TrunkMonkey | Ink Eyez | Ima Kitty Kat | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Jerkjerk/Rocode/Oprey are supposed to be on 24/7.

in WvW

Posted by: Archmagel.1350

Archmagel.1350

I am just going to say to the other worlds. Skritt cave. Fort Aspenwood Borderlands. All you can kill buffet. <_< I don’t believe anyone would object to clearing them out, either. I know some of us have thought of asking.

Btw, Maguuma is definitely putting up a fight in their territory! You guys are going great there!

Fort Aspenwood~ Archmage Logan(80 Necro)
(“Big Hat”)Praise the Sun!

(edited by Archmagel.1350)

in WvW

Posted by: YummYummtheMan.4081

YummYummtheMan.4081

You know how to make a man blush Elcy. Assuming the hurricane doesn’t deprive me of power tonight, I plan on doing some WvW. Hope to see you there bud.

in WvW

Posted by: TrunkMonkey.7589

TrunkMonkey.7589

JerkJerk is currently moving IRL, Oprey has personal issues, Rocode I think is laying low trying not to make anyone mad at him.

TrunkMonkey | Ink Eyez | Ima Kitty Kat | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Gator.7581

Gator.7581

Maguuma:

I have had a blast the last two nights. I would be remiss if I did not thank a few commanders for some brilliant battlefield maneuvering and inspiring leadership.

Night One: Thank you to Rebel Daughter. That ‘special’ attack we carried out was absolutely brilliant. It was well led and well executed, and above all, it worked.

Highlights: Mag on one side, tucked into a corner, pounding the wall with three catapults – all while being attacked by 20+ plus baddies of another group trying to break into the same castle. Breaking through that wall first, running to the Lord’s room and engaging the Castle Lord while fighting off 30+ insurgents as they followed us through the breach in the wall. Capping that castle and cleaning up the remaining enemy players one by one. And all this with only 8-10 of us! WOW!!! The discipline it took to pull that off was outstanding. We might not win the war, but we won that battle, of that, there is no question.

Night Two: Thank you to Panda. The speed with which we moved through Eternal Battlegrounds was both exhilarating and far more effective than I would have guessed. The lightening attacks kept the enemy off balance, and to them, I imagine it appeared as if we were everywhere at once. We responded to threats while at the same time remaining offensive in posture. We literally did not stop the whole time, moving from fight to fight. The skirmish lines we maintained while being vastly out-numbered was something that everyone who was there should be proud of.

Highlights: Me, being chased down by two enemy players, and living through the encounter. The duel started off on the bridge next to Durios, but was as fluid as the rest of the night. I ran, I fought, I hid, and in the end I escaped. That’s a win, because you see, I was on my level 21 Alt, a Mesmer. At one point, when it was clear I could not kill both of them (one of them was down to about 30%) I evaded into the moat and swam for my life. I hid up in the pocket and waited for them to swim through and then pounced. I had both of them down to about half, and thought it might be time to go ahead and try to save myself. I blinded them both and sent off my last volley and then ran for it. You usually can’t catch a Mesmer when he or she really wants to get away (and the right skills are off cool-down).

These are only a couple of the really great moments of the last few nights. I would also like to thank the other commanders, and apologize if I forgot anyone or got any names wrong. I encourage you to encourage your Commanders, they don’t get paid to stay up three days strait to ensure that we hold our Garrison for 36+ hours; they do it for the fun. Thank them every chance you get. Your praise is the only payment they’ll get, so make it count.

(edited by Gator.7581)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Good to see that we have a commander in EB. I saw him last night when everyone moved over to EB for awhile, but it was the first time I’ve seen this commander.

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Often time when I wonder where all the Maguuma ppl went in the borderlands, I find that a bunch are in EB. It’s a whole crew of people that don’t use Mumble.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

Gator, there’s video of that that Western keep attack but it lacks the catapult part which was the real nerve wracking part of that assault.

I will never forget “5 Inc” turning into 40 though

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

@TrunkMonkey. That’s why I wrote Mag, for Maguuma, and put part of the blame on the population for not using available tools. And yes, there are a lot of people in EB usually who try to run something for those who might be somewhat new to w3 or simply like the map, I don’t mind jumping on that mumble myself, but many there either don’t know, don’t care, or have been called kitten for not being on there right away and raged at or ignored when they have been on there. Again, that’s on Mag as a whole as it is a public mumble right.

Anyway, Maguuma’s a fun server and I like pretty much everyone here, but it suffers a bit of Sauron Syndrome. When a few eyes are turned all the orcs don’t have a clue. I think our population could easily overcome that with more commander icons or at least more active communities in another time zone or two just so all the momentum and excitement isn’t totally lost within a matter of minutes after a day’s big burst. I suppose what it comes down to is, if Mag people want something to happen, at least on EB map, then they need to leave the waypoint steps and not wait for those commander icons.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Phuriok.9307

Phuriok.9307

@Crimson I was the commander for the DB force that attacked you guys. The tactic he used is called “Stacking.” and props to you all… I had never seen it before and most of my zerg didnt even speak english I think. It was around 3:30 in the morning when this went down lol. I was beaten by the same tactic in a massive 3 way fight over cliffside the other day in FA.

Won’t be doing that again lol. Now I’ve learned how to counter it and even implement it within my guild. ( [Epic] wave at us if you see us. We’re in WvW A LOT.) Props to you guys. I just couldnt believe we had lost that fight. Sat there shaking my head like kitten #8230; really? lol

Nicely done guys.

~ Phuriok
Commander, Guild Leader of [Epic] Muffins
DragonBrand for life

(edited by Phuriok.9307)

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

@Crimson: Very cool video. The power of coordination proves itself time and time again in WvWvW, and this pleases me.

However, as a Hammer warrior, I spent the whole video wishing I could dive on top of that stack.

in WvW

Posted by: Thorstyn.9852

Thorstyn.9852

Phuriok.9307; Just want to say that i end up running with you guys a lot and i really enjoy it. You are a good commander out there for us. As soon as i see your icon in WvWvW i know it is going to be a good night.

Thank you for your efforts in behalf of DB. We have lost so many bodies in the past few weeks it is good to see you and your guild still plugging away.

He who dares…

in WvW

Posted by: Kat.5982

Kat.5982

This is definitely the least enjoyable matchup I’ve been in so far. Aspenwood is just a hardcore zerg server, even down to individuals. Almost never alone, and when they are, they’ll immediately run to a keep or to help as soon as they see you. Dragonbrand is much better, but any time I see one of them, they get zerged by a group of Aspenwood. before I can get to them.

Definitely looking forward to a new rotation.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I think that’s pretty unfair to say of Aspenwood given how completely they destroyed us in our own (Maguuma) borderlands yesterday. Yes, they had a zerg going, but the small roaming groups that killed me multiple times really messed with us. Being “almost never alone” is not a zerg tactic, it’s a smart one.

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

I’ve seen zergs and skill on every server. It’s easier to see zergs when fairweather WvWvW players fill every zone when their server is ahead, while other servers have only their more dedicated (and in my opinion, more likely skilled) groups joining while behind.

Remember that not all of us who are on the side with more players get our jollies on swarming over the enemy. If I’m in a group that outnumbers, it’s just business. If I see an enemy who isn’t 80 yet, it’s just business. I get my rise when I’m outnumbered, or in an even fight.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters to me is the good fight, and the hard dive.

I’ll see you all out there.

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

I feel like Mag dropped the ball a little this week in terms of leadership not simply with victories, but with losses. We’re usually better at both, especially encouraging people after a lost fight, but this week there just doesn’t seem to be any follow up with either a victory or loss. Part of that is definitely on the population, as there are people and guilds who have provided leadership and tools to coordinate but neither is heavily capitalized on. I do however see a slowly growing core of guilds and individuals and I’ve seen some people from being new players to w3 to becoming solid group members so that’s still promising.

I’m sorry but its hard for me to stomach some of the things that are being said here and in team chat. We have alot of commanders out of commission this week due to personal issues. I was the sole commander in Maguuma Borderlands over Saturday and Sunday. I had 4 hours sleep over the weekend and we held our garrison for over 36 hours against an onslaught from PTX and ULTD. Those guys are seriously big and seriously good and they eventually took it.

It fell in the end because I was burnt out and getting a serious bout of tunnel vision. Theres nobody in North American timezone to hand the baton to. You do anything for 16 hours straight and you get tunnel vision. The strategic decisions leading up to the fall of the garrison were my fault and I do not blame any of the players who trusted me to do the right thing. I still have alot left to learn.

Despite this, over the weekend, Mag BL has been mostly blue. It has been consistently the only borderland with any blue dots for more than 2 hours. It is the only borderland that has hit a queue since the reset. I’ll keep doing this as long as I can but the only thing I ask is that you do not trash talk any of the commanders in public. Not Tzarasi, not Rocode, not Jerkjerk or Oprey or any of the other guys who put in the time to get us this far. That is the only thing I ask.

Thank you.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Ninein.4782

I’m sorry but its hard for me to stomach some of the things that are being said here and in team chat. We have alot of commanders out of commission this week due to personal issues. I was the sole commander in Maguuma Borderlands over Saturday and Sunday. I had 4 hours sleep over the weekend and we held our garrison for over 36 hours against an onslaught from PTX and ULTD. Those guys are seriously big and seriously good and they eventually took it.

It fell in the end because I was burnt out and getting a serious bout of tunnel vision. Theres nobody in North American timezone to hand the baton to. You do anything for 16 hours straight and you get tunnel vision. The strategic decisions leading up to the fall of the garrison were my fault and I do not blame any of the players who trusted me to do the right thing. I still have alot left to learn.

Despite this, over the weekend, Mag BL has been mostly blue. It has been consistently the only borderland with any blue dots for more than 2 hours. It is the only borderland that has hit a queue since the reset. I’ll keep doing this as long as I can but the only thing I ask is that you do not trash talk any of the commanders in public. Not Tzarasi, not Rocode, not Jerkjerk or Oprey or any of the other guys who put in the time to get us this far. That is the only thing I ask.

Thank you.

Don’t let one guy bring ya down. I know how hard it is to lead Maguuma and appreciate your efforts.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Shout out to Elcy for commanding Mag BL several times when I was about to go insane. Wouldn’t have made it if he wasn’t there.

I don’t even like to identify myself as a commander. I’m not as good as any of the people I mentioned. I’m just the dude that tries to hold things together when nobody else is around to do it.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Posted by: Zonyk.5049

Zonyk.5049

That was pretty ridiculous on Maguuma BL with Maguuma trying to take Hills keep. We had so much siege down for defense waiting for the turtle I had to run all the way to the gate to place more.

Fort Aspenwood Server
Leader of Praetorian Order [PRO]
Member of FAA

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

That video is painful to watch. Dragonbrand really needed to fearbomb/updraft/siege/feedback/temporal curtain/anything that stack.

@Kat: We can hold our own in tactics, I assure you. Besides, you haven’t seen a zerg until you’ve fought Blackgate 2.0 – we did, the match before last and they were literally beating down our gates with auto attack.

in WvW

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

In relation to the Keep assault video here’s a screen shot I took at the wall breach we created.

The story: We breached Fort Aspenwood’s keep and swung around to hit that wall. We then noticed that Dragonbrand was taking down the south-east gate and so we tried to not draw attention to ourselves while racing to take the wall down before they got the inner gate down. However we ended up getting spotted and thus a fight broke out between our two forces. We decided to finish off the wall, the fight continuing to take place once it was down. We rushed in shortly after the screenshot was taken to get our stack away from the ballista they built and to try to beat them to the capture. We stacked on the Keep Lord and killed him while fending off Dragonbrand, and the video tells the rest of the story of what happened.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Gator.7581

Gator.7581

In relation to the Keep assault video here’s a screen shot I took at the wall breach we created.

The story: We breached Fort Aspenwood’s keep and swung around to hit that wall. We then noticed that Dragonbrand was taking down the south-east gate and so we tried to not draw attention to ourselves while racing to take the wall down before they got the inner gate down. However we ended up getting spotted and thus a fight broke out between our two forces. We decided to finish off the wall, the fight continuing to take place once it was down. We rushed in shortly after the screenshot was taken to get our stack away from the ballista they built and to try to beat them to the capture. We stacked on the Keep Lord and killed him while fending off Dragonbrand, and the video tells the rest of the story of what happened.

It was magnificent! EPIC! I was just glad to be a part of it.

Great video and screenie! Glad it was recorded. I was there, and I can see the evidence of it, but I still don’t believe it. O.O