Fort Aspenwood vs DragonBrand vs Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Did see a thread for it. So consider this the official thread for this weeks bracket.

First off, good luck to everyone, hope to see you all on the battlefield.

Now then. Thoughts? predictions? proposed alliances? Boasting about the fact that red is clearly the superior color? Put it all in this thread right here!

in WvW

Posted by: Angerburger.1362

Angerburger.1362

With a whole 1 week as data, green statistically will be the most threatening world.

in WvW

Posted by: Varathiel.9128

Varathiel.9128

Green from what I’ve seen is the team that got demoted to a lower bracket. That would Dragonbrand who actually came in second in the last match but got demoted anyway by some form of points system that I am not sure of the details on.

I am hoping for an even match up. Good luck all.

Aridai Ironwind – 80 Guardian – Souls of Iron (IRON)
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Clapathy.3649

Clapathy.3649

If things hold on like they are up to this point, I’m quite exicted for this matchup.

Almalel – 80 Mesmer – Infantry [INF]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Clapathy.3649)

in WvW

Posted by: NoizeMaker.8367

NoizeMaker.8367

Im thinking dragonbrand got demoted because we simply have a lack of players compared to CD and JQ.

Either way this will be a good close match up!

Commander Ovi Bell: 80 – Guardian
Commander Skigoboom: 80 – Engi
Protocol WvW Lead [PRO] Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Igolbug.7295

Igolbug.7295

Dragonbrand got demoted because beating CD by 10k points isn’t going to put you above them in the rankings when they were ahead of you by so much more before the week.

Igolbug – 80 Elementalist
The Owl Exterminators
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Cakoluchiam.6901

Cakoluchiam.6901

Thus far this seems like the most even fight we’ve had. Both our opponents were able to hold off pretty strong garrison pushes to the inner keep thus far, and I’m even having good competition with the Quaggans for once. I’m honored to face you all on the field of battle.

Gryphonix – 80 Ranger, Blackgate [BBG][EC][FS]

in WvW

Posted by: Varathiel.9128

Varathiel.9128

How is the ranking even calculated?

Aridai Ironwind – 80 Guardian – Souls of Iron (IRON)
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Perdan.1045

Perdan.1045

Any update on the score?

in WvW

Posted by: Kelvz.3287

Kelvz.3287

Score update with screenshot:
Dragonbrand: 83.8k
Blackgate: 76.9k
Fort Aspenwood: 70.6k

It’s been a very fun matchup so far

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: StSickness.4527

StSickness.4527

Good match so far. But I’ve noticed some Dragonbranders and Aspies teaming up on us a couple times now, (specifically Godslore in BGBL) whats that about?

in WvW

Perdan.1045

As a DB person from the start, we don’t like Black Gate.. Since you guys spawn camped us in the first weekend.

Atleast that is my overall feel. We don’t care too much about FA. Although we did screw em over on saturday in their BL. They broke our alter in the keep on the left and reset their orb. So when we stole it back, it we couldn’t hold it. We gave their Orb to BG. I don’t know if they realized we did that, they probably thought we were dumb. But that was planned.

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Sorry stsickness but you must be joking or you are not in WvW. From the time it started to right this second fa and bg have been against us. So blantently so its pathetic

The icing on the cake which was hilarious btw. Is we broke fa outer door to the bay keep get through the door and low and behold 40 bg standing on the right bridge inside. That force could have easily taken the bay but instead you do not attack fa even though youre in their keep you attack us once we get through the door. kinda funny actually

I actually have no animosities at all about FA I think they are solid and a good match for us tbh, but bg is horrid. exploits by a ton of you guys on citadel on db map not once twice three times but 4. It was just sad
20min later we took it back and guess what we knew the exploit and not one person who took that keep used it. We battered down that door and took it legitamately

The only time at all the whole weekend I see bg do anything to fa is overnight when one zerg guild just goes and tries to turn as many thing blue as possible.

I actually feel bad for FA tbh you ally with them and then backstab them overnight yet they continue to ally with you.
I don’t know why they are playing for 3rd but whatever

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

Way to go for all our Dragonbrand players putting a fight against FA and BG !! We are doing well!

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Scynthus.4130

Scynthus.4130

These talks of “alliances” between servers make me laugh. I don’t think either of you realize the amount of coordination that would be required to form such an alliance.
With the mind set “red = dead” for the majority of the population across all servers, it would take two highly coordinated guilds from each server to try and command the vast number of lone wolves and small strike forces to do their bidding.

It is not impossible, but highly unlikely.

I can assure you that Fort Aspenwood is never satisfied with third place. The dedicated guilds on our server are always fighting for the top. That is our goal and we will meet it.

Sumyn [Echo] – 80 Elementalist
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

For the conspiracy theorists: I was in the Dragonbrand borderland most of the weekend and both the large, organized Blackgate zerg as well as /map chat were universally objectives based, I don’t think anyone cared which side controlled whatever we were taking or defending.

I think I felt extra hate from the DB’s though.

in WvW

Posted by: Soutalgon.3827

Soutalgon.3827

DB player from day one. If we could somehow obliterate blackgate to the point of spawn camping them, we(my guild) surely would. We despise you guys

in WvW

Perdan.1045

For those not in the know, BG has been in third place all weekend. They were slowly gaining on FA when I logged last night (around 11pm est). I think DB was up by 12k on FA and 14-15k on BG. So apparently they did a lot of work last night/early this morning to catch up.

Could make it a long week of grinding.. or 2 weeks?

in WvW

Posted by: Banjax.6573

Banjax.6573

Blackgate Representing! Rawwwwwr

“live long and prosper” – Obi-wan Kenobi

in WvW

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

Enjoying the fight so far. Spent a good amount of time in Wv3 Saturday and had some decent battles go on.

I will say though, I totally despise those stupid bridges at the bottom of the borderland maps, they just turn into tug-of-war matches and, worse, ranger-vs-ranger stalemates. I always wonder why the two ‘Invader’ worlds always fight each other over that stupid empty island (and then try and cap each other’s first towers when you just KNOW the other world will get kittened off and take it back) instead of pushing north and taking the fight to the ’defender’s.

Oh, and Blackgate … what the kitten is up with all the naked people? I must have fought a dozen+ different people in their underwear this weekend. They go down like paper-mache.

You guys have a problem with naked karma farmers or something, or do people actually believe they can be useful nude? Get a collection together and at least get them some newbie armor or something if they’re so upset about the repair costs, it’d be cheaper to just chuck it and get a new set. lol

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

yea it is not hard to gain ground against empty towers and keeps
I expect it to wind up being close now that we have to worry about 2 shifts rather then one.
I expect it to be really bad by the time we get home from work today.

in WvW

Perdan.1045

they are naked because their armor is broken from us, DB, killing them over and over. They used all their money on putting trebs on the cliffs.. but they got killed.. no money, no repairs, no armor..

glorious.

in WvW

Posted by: TimTheEnchantor.6254

TimTheEnchantor.6254

As a DB person from the start, we don’t like Black Gate.. Since you guys spawn camped us in the first weekend.

Atleast that is my overall feel. We don’t care too much about FA. Although we did screw em over on saturday in their BL. They broke our alter in the keep on the left and reset their orb. So when we stole it back, it we couldn’t hold it. We gave their Orb to BG. I don’t know if they realized we did that, they probably thought we were dumb. But that was planned.

One of our guys, took the orb and ran it to Blackgate purposely. You are telling me that Dragonbrand planned this? They had someone who was supposed to be playing for Aspenwood take our orb and then give it to Blackgate? Because that’s what happened.

We take the garrison. Someone thought it funny to pick up the orb. We tell him, go to Emhry Bay. He runs South and EAST (opposite direction) to then give it to another server.

Messed up. Truly. Killed my mood to play when I have no control. If I could slay that person who had the orb and take matters into my own hands, I would. But I can’t kill teammates. We need to prevent people who transfer to the enemy worlds. Tired of these people ruining the fun.

(edited by TimTheEnchantor.6254)

in WvW

Perdan.1045

that might of been another time.

Saturday morning/early afternoon we had all 3 orbs. FA came into the bay and got the orb, but failed taking the keep. When the orb reset back to FA’s alter, we took it. But when they were in the keep, they broke our altar, so we had no where to put it. We ran it to the blackgate keep on the other side of the map and let them have it.

in WvW

NoizeMaker.8367

Good match so far. But I’ve noticed some Dragonbranders and Aspies teaming up on us a couple times now, (specifically Godslore in BGBL) whats that about?

DB had 3 orbs. That made BG and FA sorta double team us. BG takes 2 orbs so We showed FA what was up and they leave us alone for the most part now. SO its down to FA and DB Double teaming BG who has 2 orbs. Its all about who has the orbs it seems.

Correction looks like we got our 2nd orb back. So I predict a double team from FA and BG again!

in WvW

Posted by: Eurlin.4256

Eurlin.4256

This was a fun matchup I thought so far. Some things I noticed I thought were pretty interesting took place in FA Borderland.

Coron The Moron decided to give the ORB to Blackgate in one of the hardest keeps to take.

FA took DB from us, as Blackgate took Green Briar from us, then both teams pushed us from opposite sides at the spawn entrance. At no point did they attack each other. We leave our spawn point.

Blackgate didn’t bother attack FA. We actually took the 15 people left on our server up to Cliffside to hopefully steal it, and pull in action since getting farmed from FA and BG at the spawn isn’t exactly a fun idea. FA held the fort as we couldn’t pull it off against all the siege and players they had there.

7:30 AM Dragonbrand players were talking about just giving up a Fortified Dreaming Bay so the alter would reset.. 10 AM I wake up, and we gave up everything on the map.

Overall, I say we’ve had constant pressure from both servers on this map, even when we had nothing, both servers never let up!.

Commander Eurlin [VNG]
www.vengeanceclan.com
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

Posted by: Hux.8739

Hux.8739

The weekend is one thing, The workweek is another indeed. Dedicated players have other obligations, it will truely come down to who has a larger asian presence. We all know that at the heart of 3W is jsut who has more people, you call cry skill all you want but at the end of the day it’s how many boots on the ground that wins wars.

Huxer(EC) Economic Collapse
Asura Warrior
BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

This was a fun matchup I thought so far. Some things I noticed I thought were pretty interesting took place in FA Borderland.

Coron The Moron decided to give the ORB to Blackgate in one of the hardest keeps to take.

FA took DB from us, as Blackgate took Green Briar from us, then both teams pushed us from opposite sides at the spawn entrance. At no point did they attack each other. We leave our spawn point.

Blackgate didn’t bother attack FA. We actually took the 15 people left on our server up to Cliffside to hopefully steal it, and pull in action since getting farmed from FA and BG at the spawn isn’t exactly a fun idea. FA held the fort as we couldn’t pull it off against all the siege and players they had there.

7:30 AM Dragonbrand players were talking about just giving up a Fortified Dreaming Bay so the alter would reset.. 10 AM I wake up, and we gave up everything on the map.

Overall, I say we’ve had constant pressure from both servers on this map, even when we had nothing, both servers never let up!.

“At no point did they attack each other. "

That is horribly horribly incorrect. Unless you mean while the servers were taking things.

Which is mostly correct. BG was sweeping from the south and we were sweeping from the north. Both teams were simply hitting what was vulnerable to them. Both the garrisons besides DB are fully upgrades, and BG’s one was giving them every guild buff in the book.

After we took DB we then had to immediately throw our entire zerg to the south wall defence, keeping it up with a minimal 5% hp on the gate. From then on it was a 2-4hour tug of war. With one side sieging the respective tower/keep of the other (DB or greenbriar) and failing. After a bit I think most of BG left to go defend their borderlands (which Dragon brand was steadily taking) and we ended up sweeping greenbriar to bluelake.

Dragonbrands main issue was that you were outmanned, and had the far more vulnerable keep. making you our prime targets. Blackgate on the other hand saw either taking 2 towers and 3 supply camps. from the south (which you will note is where they can spawn) or attacking the heavily defended aspenwood garrison which had at least 30 people ready to teleport back and defend it.

in WvW

Eurlin.4256

I was talking more about the captures of the north because as I also stated, we sent 15 players to attack cliffside and managed your gate to 5% before losing all our siege to the amount of catapults and ballista you guys had there!. They had the option to take either GB or Cliff, they chose to sit at GB because you’re right it was closer to spawn and probably because they wanted to keep our points lower, but during this time FA would push from DB and take the supply camp. I mean if it’s a points game that BG was after…and you know FA is protecting DB with all they have…why not rush Cliff and get more points. That’s a very good defensible tower. plus access to another supply camp. I don’t mean to assume there was an alliance or anything don’t get me wrong. I believe servers are capable of taking advantage of their situation as well. I just thought it interesting in how no one took advantage of the sitatuion except DB players.

I mean I also remember being in Dragonbrand Garrison and defending from FA at Cliffside, and BG at water entrance, and then again at Longview. I never thought alliance, I just thought advantage of the situation…..and kitten why can’t we get more people lol!

Commander Eurlin [VNG]
www.vengeanceclan.com
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

NoizeMaker.8367

How is coron a moron? So far hes one of the only commanders that leads us to earn points and keep what we need.

in WvW

Eurlin.4256

He gave the orb to Blackgate at the best keep to hold…when it’s soooooooo much easier to snag from up north.

He ran kitten first into the Garrison Water entrance so many times instead of trying to push from Longview (PS they wiped everytime)

He stands there in the spawn point with his guild instead of helping defend Green briar as we’re losing it because “they’re talking strategy”

Guy just runs around like a headless chicken, and quite honestly the only reason I know this is because you guys try to show off your guild, by saying how amazing you are in Team chat every 15 minutes “TSym, here to save everyone at DB” “TSym is going to to take the orb be ready!” (psst we have no alter) “TSym, we know we’re going to give it to Blackgate instead”

yea good to know you dragged our zerg pass possible points we could gain from, so we could help another server

That’s just this weekend honestly

Commander Eurlin [VNG]
www.vengeanceclan.com
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

Perdan.1045

Coron leads us to victory.. it’ll be great and your tears will be tasty.

;)

in WvW

Perdan.1045

Ps. I’m not in Tsym, I wouldn’t mind being for wv3, but giving the orb to bg was an attempt to alleviate the fa Zerg off our holdings. By giving them the orb, the thought would be for FA to attack them instead of us. I don’t know what FA thought of this, but it seemed to work well enough.

in WvW

Soutalgon.3827

Hate to break it to you, but there are far more many leaders/factors on who is leading us to victory. Tacsym is a large guild, sure, but the leadership is very lacking in terms of intelligence.

in WvW

Posted by: ravic.3742

ravic.3742

I’m not a big fan of Coron, but I’d rather have him than worthless commanders like Soutalgon. At least Coron actually tries to lead instead of spending all his time stroking his ego while doing absolutely nothing like Soutalgon.

Edit: I do agree that the whole “Tsym blahblahblah!” in chat is pretty annoying. It’s like the [DUEL] kids barking out orders and taking credit for assaults while they failed in the jump puzzle. If you want to lead, fine. No one wants to hear you scream about your insignificant guild.

Khaej – 80 Norn Engineer
Ouroboros Protocol [OP] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: StSickness.4527

StSickness.4527

Nice to hear DB despises BG. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

in WvW

Hux.8739

What is the current score in this match-up?

Asura Warrior
BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Fivesixsix.5178

Fivesixsix.5178

Dude is pretty dumb, no offense.

lmfao brochachobeenhittingtheice dude get your facts straight all you do is lollygag did you buy that 100g for commander on a goldfarming site sure the heck seems like it i want to see you lead a zerg and do what coron does you have no idea how good he is until you get in ts3 with him and listen to how he commands.. lets say if he was a crapy commander why would over 30 tsym follow his leads then?? we put points on the board.. and if it wasn’t for tsym and twin we would be losing right now so please grow up..

PS.. Scout learn how to lead and take charge than maybe you will get some more RESPECT.

DragonBrand
Hairy Finger (Theif)
[FE][TSym]

in WvW

Posted by: Fivesixsix.5178

Fivesixsix.5178

DB-Vs-FA-Vs-BG
update 10/2/12 9:50AM EST USA

Attachments:

DragonBrand
Hairy Finger (Theif)
[FE][TSym]

in WvW

NoizeMaker.8367

Dude is pretty dumb, no offense.

Even by saying no offence your belittling another person on this community for your own pleasure. I hope someone reports you for this behavior.

Hate to break it to you, but there are far more many leaders/factors on who is leading us to victory. Tacsym is a large guild, sure, but the leadership is very lacking in terms of intelligence.

TSym yes is a big guild. NOT as big as most DB guild I see in WvWvW doing absolutely nothing all day and night. Right now how it stands is Prime time is ran by TSym and a few smaller guild like ENat and DoP and some TWin here and there.

As for night time guilds it would have to be a big presence from TWin and a okay presence for a few smaller ones as well.

With that being said. I’m sure TSym would love to step back and watch you lead us to victory or one of the other 20 idiots who bought a commander book just to stand out in PvE!!!!. Logged into Orr yesterday and there was 5 commanders standing around.

Until you have a reason or any proof of Coron being dumb or stupid or what ever. Don’t come on here smashing him and TSym with your idiotic comments.

in WvW

Posted by: Smitten.3076

Smitten.3076

This animosity some of the guilds on Dragonbrand are showing each other needs to stop. ExOr follows commanders we trust, those who have proven they can intelligently get the job done. The commanders who are lacking in our eyes still get our support, we still assist them and still respect their desire to lead. Leading and getting something wrong is far better than no one leading at all.
The “Look what I just did” also needs to stop, every intelligent player out knows when a player or guild was pivotal in a play. We need to collectively pat our commanders on the back and privately send accolades for brilliant plays. Every guild on DB in WvW has a purpose and while some of us don’t want our victories broadcasted we equally don’t want someone else claiming the glory. As a guild standard I won’t refute anyone in team/map, those kittenlish in stealing glory are only kidding themselves so whats the point in calling them out? There are several unsung heroes in WvW on the DB side, and for the most part ( in the discussions I’ve had) that’s fine with them.

P.S — Why is R.e.lish popping the profanity filter?
Maul
ExOr – DragonBrand.

(edited by Smitten.3076)

in WvW

NoizeMaker.8367

@ Smitten: The filters are a bit extreme.

Back on topic. Stop throwing hate around this thread. Its for update son how the battle is going and anything else remotely related to playing this match. NOT smashing guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Seige.4862

Seige.4862

“The older I get the less I listen to what people say and the more I look at what they do.”
— ANDREW CARNEGIE

Seige
ExOr-DragonBrand

Seige
AD(Anonymous Defender)- Devonas Rest
The orginal Fairy tank

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

If you are wondering where the hostility is coming from, it’s from when you have members state on the forum that they are the only guild worth a “kitten” on DB or implying that the only reason we are winning is because of them.

Yes, we would not be winning without Tsym, but we would also not be winning without the efforts of many other people and guilds. There are 3 borderlands and the center map. Trust me, people are putting time, effort, and money to advance our server when Tsym isn’t even around. They typically don’t broadcast what they have accomplished to the entire map so that everyone knows, however.

Guild pride is fine, but not at the expense of openly insulting or issuing backhanded insults to the other guilds and people who are putting considerable effort into winning the matchups.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Eurlin.4256

@TSym, I gave you an explanation on what I found to be problems with your leader, I apologize for taking this thread off track as badly as it did. That was not my intention as I initially only wanted to give an update of what happened over the weekend in just 1 borderland. I put Coron out there mainly because his guild is constantly gloating, and as everyone has pointed out…that’s in bad taste. With every glorious moment you think you’ve had, there are just as many bad moments that you’ve made. It’s part of being a leader.

With that said, it’s important we don’t start to bicker between as a server. If Coron wants to lead that’s fine, I personally don’t believe his tactics are great, but I’d love to sit in on a fight and see how he handles things. If I find I can give some advice, or even take some from him. I’d be happy with that as well! Being a leader isn’t just about the blue icon, or leading your own Guild, I know other guilds lead 15-20 people of their own without the need of an icon. If someone wants to spend 100G on that for their guild go for it!. I know we might ourselves eventually.

I’m very serious, if you feel the urge to prove yourselves or something, then feel free to pass me the info to listen in. I do believe if someone buys the icon, they bought it because they want to win, they want to help the server. I’d happily do what I can to make sure everyone can.

Commander Eurlin [VNG]
www.vengeanceclan.com
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

Eurlin.4256

Back on topic, We’re doing pretty well against both servers. I’d say blackgate is putting up a better fight on FA borderland, but we’re still getting hit hard from both sides constantly. This match up is definitely more interesting than last week though

Commander Eurlin [VNG]
www.vengeanceclan.com
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

Hux.8739

Close Match, that’s for sure.

Asura Warrior
BlackGate

in WvW

Soutalgon.3827

Least we know tacsym will zerg the forums too. Eurlin, don’t worry, there are big plays being done server wide from the other top guilds

Can’t wait for next weeks matchup after we crush Blackgate down a tier.

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.3028

Felix.3028

@ Smitten: Relish doesn’t pop the profanity filter, “w.h.o. relish” does because the first 5 letters spell a word that rhymes with shore.

in WvW

Perdan.1045

I thought this was guild wars? And yes, every guild that claims a tower or keep is stating that they took that tower for everyone on the map to see.

I agree that saying there are alot of people who are “unsung heroes” and/or unguilded/small guilds doing some of the grunt work. I appreciate it, I participate in it. What else is there to do early saturday/sunday morning but resupply and wait for the reinforcements to wake up?

Anyways.. our day time guilds seem to rock the wvwvw.. We were holding steady last night when I went to bed (midnight est). I checked this morning before I went to work (7am est) and BG was raking in 400pts/tally. But that picture up there shows a complete flip. That is impressive.