Kaldir / Kalvir [ULTD]
Condition Engi / Control Guard
Afternoon & Late Night Crew – WvWvW

Fort Aspenwood vs DragonBrand vs Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: IomegadriveOne.5291

IomegadriveOne.5291

@Haker

I don’t get it. It makes sense for HoD to get tons of people because it is #1. Blackgate was not #1 and was also not #1 in the match. We didn’t even ask those EU servers to come so please think before you post such nonsense. It makes no sense for people to transfer to a server that was in second, and in the 3rd bracket. Dragonbrand is starting to look like the second server in the QQ category. Which is what I am guessing you are from. Simply put. We got people to fill the hours most of our afternoon zerg could not fill. You know. Like ArenaNet said we should! You lost get over it. Get better, and use some common sense.

EDIT: Oh and about it being “neck and neck” You guys were nightcapping us to hell and back. As I recall the day before we had the people transfer you owned 95% of the map yourself when I woke up the next morning. So now we have people on at those times and you are complaining about it?

(edited by IomegadriveOne.5291)

in WvW

Posted by: Nixies.6120

Nixies.6120

we only have to put up with them blackgate for one more day can’t wait and hope never to see them and the sever hoppers again . and way its going now most likely we never will

in WvW

Posted by: Dynamite.6584

Dynamite.6584

I’m from DB, and I pretty much know for certain that DB is going to lose.

Why? Because DB does not have organized night raiders.
This happens literally every single war in which we aren’t completely dominating. We’ll take a rather healthy lead for a day or two, go to bed, then wake up with one server with literally all the objectives.

And due to the huge defender’s advantage in this game, its nigh impossible to take back a large enough lead without having a night raiding force twice as large as BG’s.

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

Blackgate will be annihilated by SBI come tomorrow, so in the end the joke will be on them. Blackgate was incredibly competitive with DB and ahead of FA at the beginning of the week. It’s a bit disappointing, because I would have enjoyed being in the DB/FA/BG bracket forever. It was a close match, and that’s why I enjoy WvW – a fun and enjoyable PvP experience. It’s sad that the Euro crews xferred over and gave them the edge, but it will backfire and be frustrating for the rest of their non-Euro population. I’m actually quite looking forward to being in another round of tier 3, it seems like one of the most enjoyable brackets.

As for the BG players who have been WvWing since last Friday, great game to you, and your server is extremely organized and competent. To the others who enjoy the xfers over – you did win fair and square. That I cannot deny, I just wish that it was without the transfers. No one can blame you for trying to recruit players for the night shifts, it makes sense if you want to move up.

in WvW

Posted by: rjdslayer.3847

rjdslayer.3847

To the people who keep complaining about the server transfers…the solution is to simply block the accounts from transferring to the other two server during the duration of the campaigns. For example, the fight starts on Monday, you can not move to any of the other two servers for a week…no matter if you try to hop via other servers.

A better way to solve this is to not let them into WvW at all for that week…..

Mai Daemoon – Elementalist
Xapp IggÍx – Engineer
Guild Officer of [TB] The Betrayed (Sea Of Sorrows)

in WvW

Posted by: rjdslayer.3847

rjdslayer.3847

DB Player here…..
I gotta say this was a pretty good fight…..
I wish all matches were like this, I mean it really felt neck and neck…..
It was pretty fun.

Mai Daemoon – Elementalist
Xapp IggÍx – Engineer
Guild Officer of [TB] The Betrayed (Sea Of Sorrows)

in WvW

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

It was fun until a European alliance and a Fort Aspenwood alliance transferred to Blackgate. Honestly, I think this was probably the last straw for me. We went match after match looking for a relatively balanced match and when we finally get one, ArenaNet’s free server transfers screwed it up. This just isn’t fun and I am not really looking forward to another match anymore.

(edited by arcaneclarity.5283)

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

You let a who was in server in third place, move into 2nd early Monday morning days then move into first after another 2-3 days. Maybe your server shouldn’t think matches are 4-5 days instead of 7? We moved into 2nd before any ppl transferred over and were already on the way to slowly whittling down your lead. If you played smart we would have never even gotten 2nd place. And we whittled down your lead slowly but surely. Where was the resistance? You rested on your laurels and let the match fall through your hands.

Remember, DBs lead was only down to 7k after we overtook 2nd place and flucuated between 10k and 20k. As soon as BG was ahead by 1k freaking points the DB people just gave up.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

You are so naive it’s not even funny. Don’t worry…we actually want u to move up..and u will face the exact same thing we did. The guilds u borrowed will ditch u for the next winning server faster then u can blink.

As for how i know? Doesn’t matter…u will just see. Enjoy your stolen win under the pretext “it’s because of your work”. Talk to u in 1 week. I have my empty bottles nice and clean just waiting for BG qq over the forums.

Enjoy your “hard worked” win.

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

That was a pretty fun match-up, we learned a lot from the other teams and the the chase from last to first will stick in my mind as being one of the best I’ve been in. To be honest if we’d come in 2nd it would have still been considered a decent achievement given the running start from DB and FA.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

pot.6805

YOU are so naive it’s not even funny. BG was already in Tier1 launch week, we’ve fought those teams and lost. But we got props for not giving up. And when we got bumped down tiers we fought our way back up. We’ve been in T1 before, has DB? I think we know a little bit more about the higher tiers then you do.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Ah yes..the 24h matchups….such good days…those were indeed the days.

in WvW

Posted by: Orcao.6419

Orcao.6419

Blackgate was losing for the first few days then they magically got 100% of the map overnight. What does that sound like? I’m not talking about night capping, since if that was the case it would have happened during one of the first few nights.

Arenanet needs to prevent people who server transfered from joining in the current WvWvW cycle. You know, like how one of their earlier blog posts said it would work.

in WvW

pot.6805

So basically, pointing out that we will lose if we move up a tier means nothing, we’ve lost before in higher tiers. All but the most dominant servers will experience this at some point or another. Many servers move up into the next tier and get dominated, then get bumped down and dominate the lower tier. The 24h matchups were fun in some respects, we also learned alot about our weaknesses and have been trying to rectify them since.

It was a tough time for us after fighting HOD for 3-4 days in a row, most ppl were demoralized, a big guild left the server etc etc. The people who stuck it out here on BG know whats it like to lose and have to essentially rebuild.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

arcaneclarity.5283

You know what I saw the day of the alliance transfers to Blackgate when I zoned into Blackgate Borderlands, through a map queue no less? One of the new Blackgate European guilds with more players than could be rendered using Mesmer portals to camp our pugs at the spawn point. They were laying a portal in the middle of them as they came out, and then walking through it so they wouldn’t be rendered on the pugs screens as they were killed.

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Afaik the EU alliance still hasn’t transferred. It’s only a small scouting group playing. So please don’t cry about numbers. If anything, ask for a fix for the rendering issue.

in WvW

arcaneclarity.5283

Afaik the EU alliance still hasn’t transferred. It’s only a small scouting group playing. So please don’t cry about numbers. If anything, ask for a fix for the rendering issue.

I saw at least thirty or forty of one of the guilds of the alliance running around, so if this is a ‘small scouting group’, I’d hate to see the full force.

in WvW

Posted by: Shredicus.8706

Shredicus.8706

I’ve never seen a third tier server gloat as much as blackgate. They have all these “glory days” delusions when this game has only been out like a month and they were never top tier… strange folks over there.

in WvW

arcaneclarity.5283

This is what the servers looked like after the Blackgate transfer.

http://i.imgur.com/GMQqX.jpg

in WvW

pot.6805

LOL BG has been full most of the time since launch and anyone who actually knows BG knows that. We had guilds trying to transfer over 2 weeks ago but couldn’t because it was full.

Also your picture has no context so it means absolutely nothing.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in WvW

arcaneclarity.5283

LOL BG has been full most of the time since launch and anyone who actually knows BG knows that. We had guilds trying to transfer over 2 weeks ago but couldn’t because it was full.

A lot of servers are Full during peak hours, including Dragonbrand. This screenshot wasn’t from that time period or Dragonbrand would be Full.

BTW Shredicus is from GoM, a well known hacking server who has never been top tier and who is ranked lower then BG. LOL

Did you just pull a guilt by association?

in WvW

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

I have been out there every day this matchup and saw what happened first-hand. Some people need to get their facts straight.

During the 24hr matchups it was BG that dominated because BG has more Oceanic players than DB. Complaining that DB was night capping is utter rubbish because it was BG nightcapping FA and DB that allowed BG to claw their way to second. BG always had more “nighttime” players than the other two servers combined. How do I know this? I am Australian. I was there for the some of the so-called night capping… the time when BG was able to take back positions we had taken during the “day”. Our “day shift” had to take back positions every day that BG had taken overnight for the simple fact that BG had, and always has had, more players in Oceanic time zones.

This was a very even match until Wednesday (Tuesday for you American types), and looked to be a great match-up. Anybody who calls DB’s lead “domination” is deluding themselves. We took an early lead, yes, but we had to fight tooth and nail to hold it, just like BG had to do to overcome FA. Leading by 5-10k is not “domination” by any means. It really was “anybody’s game”.

For the majority of the time, the difference between first and third was insignificant and DB was managing to increase our lead by only a couple of thousand a day, but come Wednesday, DB had finally managed to start to get a real lead when we peaked at 26k over BG for 15 minutes. Then something happened. It took less than 30 minutes for the BG horde to re-take Umber (arguably the most contested supply camp in EB for around 6 hours), Durios, Quentin, Danelon, Golanta, Jerrifer’s and reach Klovan. And that was just in the south. Simultaneously, all of the stuff we had taken in the north fell in quick succession, too, which shouldn’t be surprising since they were all new. When I logged off, after around 10 hours total, DB’s lead had dwindled to around 12k. When I logged back on, BG had a 7k lead which increased to 24k when I logged off again. BG went from 26k behind to 24k ahead in about 18 hours.

I should add that over the course of the hour before BG swept through our fully upgraded positions in the south, we had a number of people transfer over from BG that included Kaide telling us how wonderful DB is compared to BG, someone who told us we should attack Blackgate Valley “because they won’t expect that” (no, indeed, because all of BG was holed up defending Bravost which we could not muster the forces to take), someone who managed to lead our forces away from Bravost into FA territory (allowing BG free reign to take back everything from Umber to Jerrifer’s) and someone else that started complaining “we don’t need to know when they are attacking every single useless thing” in reference to someone calling out that the BG horde was on the way from Golanta to Jerrifer’s (after quickittenaking everything east of that). Oh, and let’s not forget the guy who said he had just transferred over from BG… and then 15 minutes later said “OMG DB is so pathetic” when BG started taking things back. There aren’t rumours of spies for no reason.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

in WvW

arcaneclarity.5283

Let’s not forget some PTX from Fort Aspenwood on Dragonbrand wasting our supply in our keeps while a large part of their alliance transferred to Blackgate.

in WvW

waeren.9743

^ so far I’ve read nothing in the gw2guru to confirm that is actually a fact.

Looks like you need to cool down a bit and stop making excuses.

in WvW

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

whelp, I guess you can now account me among the servers hoppers, though I’m doing it at the tail end and have no delusions that I’m a winner

Now before you crucify me, this is why. FA is dead at night, unfortunately I’ve been working an awful shift at work that doesn’t get me home until after 12am PST. Once we hit our milestone I’ll go back to a normal shift but still won’t get me in until 9pm.

I need to go where there’s an active night community. I came to FA because it was decided on by a group of us that came here, we’ll everyone I started with went back to WoW, I joined up with one of the larger active guilds but they’re mostly active during the daytime.. I came home tonight to find myself removed.. I’m assuming because they think I’m inactive because I’m mostly on late night. So I have no ties here and basically our night shift is just.. lets harass supply and towers.

I play this game for it to be enjoyable and right now, on FA it isn’t. The dudes who have stuck it out, like Gnash and a couple others I see out there every night have heart and I wish em luck.

in WvW

arcaneclarity.5283

^ so far I’ve read nothing in the gw2guru to confirm that is actually a fact.

Looks like you need to cool down a bit and stop making excuses.

I don’t need it confirmed, my guild witnessed this ourselves.

in WvW

waeren.9743

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/68014-dragonbrand-vs-blackgate-vs-fort-aspenwood/page__st__840#entry1990769

Think he’s still waiting for proof. Making blanket statements is fun but well

in WvW

arcaneclarity.5283

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/68014-dragonbrand-vs-blackgate-vs-fort-aspenwood/page__st__840#entry1990769

He only mentions the former alliance that is now on Eredon Terrace and Isle of Janthir, which would be Ascension Alliance and the guilds originally from there, which is a former alliance of PTX, I give him that. Yet he mentions nothing about the alliance they formed on Devona’s Rest before they transferred to Fort Aspenwood.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/60818-devonas-rest-alliance/

Notice the person from Devona’s Rest Alliance is now listed as currently on Blackgate.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/60818-devonas-rest-alliance/page__st__30#entry1932687

Screenshot before server profile edit:
http://i.imgur.com/qaVBs.png

in WvW

Posted by: Bwood.8654

Bwood.8654

Let’s not forget some PTX from Fort Aspenwood on Dragonbrand wasting our supply in our keeps while a large part of their alliance transferred to Blackgate.

(Since this is text you cannot hear my tone, but this is not meant to be a flame/troll towards you in any way)
Let me help clear up some of the misguided facts you have. And for validity of my statements not only am I our PR officer but I am also one of our WvW leaders during our “campaign” times.

1. Wasting supply? What were they doing? Were they grabbing it and making siege as part of a counter defense that you possibly weren’t aware of? (We do run multiple groups across a map and use TS to coordinate our teams) Or were they taking supply out and just leaving the keep?
2. We are not a part of any form of an alliance since leaving NSP and AA so you are incorrect there. (Not really much else to say on that one)

If you’d like a deeper understand of how/why PTX does what it does in W3 on Tuesday nights our W3 Officer Blankspace runs a “W3 training” on his twitch stream for those interested in some general tactics and group make ups that have worked well for us.

Trist, PR Officer
PainTrain [PTX]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Bwood.8654

He only mentions the former alliance that is now on Eredon Terrace and Isle of Janthir, which would be Ascension Alliance and the guilds originally from there, which is a former alliance of PTX, I give him that. Yet he mentions nothing about the alliance they formed on Devona’s Rest before they transferred to Fort Aspenwood.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/60818-devonas-rest-alliance/

Notice the person from Devona’s Rest Alliance is now listed as currently on Blackgate.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/60818-devonas-rest-alliance/page__st__30#entry1932687

Screenshot before server profile edit:
http://i.imgur.com/qaVBs.png

The only formal alliance that attempted to take place on DR was a flop due to the lack of leadership from the person in charge (former member and no need for me to drag names through the mud). He was originally a GM for PTX and had shown interest in wanting to create a formal alliance for the DR community and when he did, he separated himself from PTX as to try and not show bias (no longer represented PTX and removed himself completely from our website community). We supported him in his efforts but nothing ever got off the ground and most of the guilds who showed interest left DR due to the lack of population on their own accord (ourselves included) and nothing was ever made of said alliance.

Trist, PR Officer
PainTrain [PTX]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

I didn’t really see anyone brag (except for Kaide, the transfer) when we were winning. I think the majority on Dragonbrand were excited to have a very competitive match with both BG and FA, and if I can’t speak for my server in this regard, I can certainly speak for myself. I have no qualms with losing, I play WvW because I find it enjoyable, not because I feel the need to win. That being said, win or lose, I do really enjoy a competitive match – and that’s what I felt this match was for the first four days of the rotation. It was a blast to have Blackgate lead at the beginning, then have DB pull ahead for a little and have BG right on our heels, ready to overtake us at a moments notice.

And overtake us they did, BG has won the matchup fair and square, that I cannot deny. I just wish that the end of the match was as competitive as the beginning. It’s rather obvious that the deciding factor in the match was the transfer of a strong off-peak force onto the BG server, that doesn’t at all detract from your win, but to ignore that fact is a bit silly.

Anyway, I had a blast at the beginning, and am still having fun, but wish it was as competitive as earlier in the week. I’m looking forward to next matchup, win or lose – I just hope it’s as even as this matchup was in the first half.

in WvW

Bwood.8654

Even though FA came in third quite a bit behind BG and DB this has still been THE best week of W3 I personally have ever experienced. Who needs to win when every time I step foot out of W3 I am able to look at the map and say to myself, “That’s a successful night” because I can see some red that I know we capped.

And big Kudos to BG who really came together (both as a server and with the addition of some good xfers) to come back and wipe everything out. I know that the first couple of days we were kind of asking ourselves, “Where’s BG at??? They seem to almost be non-existent”…boy were we wrong

Trist, PR Officer
PainTrain [PTX]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Fury.6248

Fury.6248

WvW is full of Kitten Talkers, Transfers, Gloating and poor sportsmanship. I am from DB and I think it’s just so funny how all the smack talkers on the forums from our server are now MIA cause BG got some transfers and took the lead. Where are all the “Pro” guilds who were so happily posting on forums while in the lead?

Anyways, I was in FA borderlands yesterday. Win/Lose 3 orbs or none. I still show up to fight. Besides you still have time to farm BG players with 3 orb buff for badges till new match starts.

PS: Blackgate players that were in southern FA borderlands last night… You may want to remember you have 3 orbs before you trash talk in emotes… considering we killed groups of your people solo or duo(With my GF lol).

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

(edited by Fury.6248)

in WvW

Posted by: Vanecrox.5094

Vanecrox.5094

PS: Blackgate players that were in southern FA borderlands last night… You may want to remember you have 3 orbs before you trash talk in emotes… considering we killed groups of your people solo or duo(With my GF lol).

I’m glad to hear you regard her with such high standards…

in WvW

Fury.6248

She doesn’t take pvp serious shes just a casual player. But she did own some people with 3 orb buff that was funny.

Actually she is mostly just farming to craft a legendary.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

Back on Topic as the matchup is about to change:

Unlimited from HoD (formerly part of the now Retired Titan Alliance) has transfered to Fort Aspenwood with another guild from TA. Via coordination with PTX and other guilds on Fort Aspenwood, WvW is about to get a whole lot more fun. We’ve decided to make Fort Aspenwood our new home, and we look forward to facing Blackgate, Dragonbrand, and all the other competition facing FA. Cheers to future battles.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Irony.5203

Irony.5203

I am seeing the same excuses used against BG over and over again within this thread. The new xfers didn’t secure us the win (Although they have been helpful). We had a very poor weekend start due to many commander being busy/login queues. When Monday came around our queue settled down allowing more of our major W3 guilds to get on. The 23k point deficit turnaround was facilitated mostly by two guilds who have been around for awhile now (RQ and Urge). I don’t know how big of a role they played in holding on to the objectives in the morning, however I know a large number of people from Urge stayed on till late morning EST.

Irony Torzung – [US] Blackgate
Blackgatewvw.com – Website Administrator
1st Generation War Council Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

I feel bad for Twin and all night crew in Db.

they fought hard no matter what happens unlike those Na Db.

all they do is just whining on all the forums …..

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: mmartong.1794

mmartong.1794

You can’t really blame tranfers or Blackgate. They are simply taking advantage of the system that’s currently in place. Being on DB it did feel good to have some success vs. BG especially after they dominated us during the very first WvW.

Essentially ArenaNet needs to modify it’s transfer system… Possibly give players an opportunity to transfer 1 more time and then a player must use a number of gems perhaps equivalent to a $10.00 purchase in order to transfer.

@mmartong
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Punny.9210

if i was Twin i would xfer out. those pro guilds who talk so much they just throw their effort 2 nights in a row.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Eicherjw.3926

Eicherjw.3926

First off, I don’t whine…I troll.
Second, I fought my kitten off in garrison thursday night. We had FA on the north east door and BG on the north west door the entire time. Both sides pushed into the inner keep 4+ times and each time we beat them back. I don’t know about the rest of the nancy boys on DB but my guildies and I fought hard until 10pm PST. The only reason we stopped was because sleep for work > game.

~Some DB guy

in WvW

Posted by: Buff Jesus.4263

Buff Jesus.4263

just so were clear

until like 10 days ago BG had HORRIBLE night teams.
between 6am → 3pm eastern (lolwut school time) we (BG) would be undermanned on every server

even now, there is still no queue to join from 4am to mid day

-Shuhei Hisagi

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I find it hard to care very much about WvW until they fix the free server transfer shenanigans, and things like flying hacks and player culling.

That said I enjoyed the initial part of the DB/BG/FA match. Servers seemed to all be competitive with each other.

in WvW

Fury.6248

Trolllolol, Been fighting 3 orb BG all day after I got home from work yesterday and will do same when I leave at 3pm. The way I see it fighting yall with 3orbs almost makes it fair.. for you. :P

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

in WvW

Posted by: Kay of Sauvage.9837

Kay of Sauvage.9837

TL;DR is at bottom.

I’m not convinced that new EU-based guilds are the reason for any turnaround by blackgate. I’m sure they were a contributor, of course, but it’s not the full story. Rather, I think it’s a case of momentum and morale. When teams lose when they were trying their best, some players give up and quit or become disorganized. This contributes to giving the other team a numbers advantage, making it that much harder for the losing team, causing further frustration and abandonment.

On Tuesday evening (ET), I was on the Dragonbrand home map (I’m Blackgate). Being a weekday, there’s was going to be less players overall for every team compared to the weekend, and I think most players tend to fill their home map first (or EB). Neither FA nor Blackgate had anything there. There were many more Dragonbrand players than us. But with a little organization, we avoided the spawncamp, took some camps as a group instead, eventually were able to get our Bluebriar tower and set up defenses quickly and barely hang on (even with losing all camps and needing people to sneak out to retake them just to get some supply back to the tower where it was needed).

Being still outnumbered by a lot, we managed to siege DB from defensive positions in order to be able to fight off DB counterattacks (as opposed to relying on plain old zerging at the front gate), and took the keep.

We were still outnumbered, but we seemed to have bought some cover for FA to get a foothold as well, so the double-teaming against DB began. Eventually, we took the garrison from DB while FA was already inside but at a different gate, but lost it 5 or 10 minutes later because we couldn’t manage to clear out the FA players that were already inside. It became clear that FA now outnumbered us now, since they were able to take the garrison from the inside without any reinforcements able to get in, and then siege bluebriar again our whole team while holding off dragonbrand at the garrison at the same time. We fought off FA at bluebriar only because our siege weapons were able to take out theirs. Dragonbrand, on the other hand, had lost numbers. They probably quit after losing the garrison.

But now we worked with Dragonbrand to fight to get the garrison back from FA. Dragonbrand fought from the NE garrison gate while we attacked from the SW gate. We got wiped the first time we broke through the SW gate even after killing many FA initially, but we came back immediately and this time succeeded. Dragonbrand attackers were still inside the first wall after we took it and we were able to wipe them out.

After this point, FA seemed to just disappear from the map (it was after midnight, so they probably thought it’d be a good time to sleep rather than starting the long process of going after the garrison once again). Blackgate kept a strong presence, though, as we were high on victory. In addition, everyone knew the strategic situation and what needed to be done to continue to win because we were all very organized and communicated the high level strategies in team chat. Almost all chat was concise and relevant to the battles, and everyone was on the same page. And since it was Dragonbrand’s home map, I’d guess most dragonbrand players would tend to go to it first. But they would come face to face with our strong, organized force that no longer had FA to worry about.

I left at this point, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Blackgate would have kept up that morale into the night, pushing dragonbrand back into their home map spawn until they gave up. Blackgate had taken a significant lead in points per tick at that point and Dragonbrand was in last place. That definitely wasn’t Euro players at work, since it was about 6 in the morning Euro time. When I came back the next day, Blackgate had dominated everything.

TL;DR: Maybe the new Euro guilds contributed to the dominance of Blackgate before prime time, but I think the biggest factor for Dragonbrand having trouble competing is most likely due to a loss of morale and players, and the inability to get the ball rolling again to revive morale.

in WvW

Punny.9210

@ Fury

go to L2P from Twin then they got at least 2 orbs last night.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Haker.5067

Haker.5067

@Haker

I don’t get it. It makes sense for HoD to get tons of people because it is #1. Blackgate was not #1 and was also not #1 in the match. We didn’t even ask those EU servers to come so please think before you post such nonsense. It makes no sense for people to transfer to a server that was in second, and in the 3rd bracket. Dragonbrand is starting to look like the second server in the QQ category. Which is what I am guessing you are from. Simply put. We got people to fill the hours most of our afternoon zerg could not fill. You know. Like ArenaNet said we should! You lost get over it. Get better, and use some common sense.

EDIT: Oh and about it being “neck and neck” You guys were nightcapping us to hell and back. As I recall the day before we had the people transfer you owned 95% of the map yourself when I woke up the next morning. So now we have people on at those times and you are complaining about it?

I’m from Fort Aspenwood actually.

We never had any shot of winning. There’s no way we were going to overtake DB from the way things were heading, and I really couldn’t care less about that. The time I spent in WvW was a lot of fun, because as I said, it was evenly matched.

And don’t think before I post nonsense? What about you? You’re telling US (FA and DB) to “get better” at WvW, when the ONLY reason you’re winning is because of sheer force? There’s no skill at ALL in what you’re doing. 100 v 10 isn’t skill, it’s imbalanced and unfair. And I don’t care about losing at all, in fact, I would much rather lose to an evenly matched server then get steamrolled by a crap server with a massive amount of people who transferred over just to win. And to be honest, you should be embarrassed that you’re even defending this.

WvW is supposed to be balanced, three equally matched servers going head to head in a battle royal. People shouldn’t be allowed to jump ship to form one massive zerg server, I have no idea why Anet is even allowing this. I wouldn’t have posted what I did had you guys beat us in a fair fight, I would be applauding your superior skills in PvP. Instead, the only thing to “applaud” is the fact that you guys got lucky and got picked as the “go-to” server for all the losers who care more about winning then fair fights.

I do get that you didn’t ask for everyone to transfer over, however, you are choosing to defend yourself by saying you’re the superior server, saying you’re more skillful and better at WvW then both DB and FA. That’s laughable. If I was in your shoes, I wouldn’t be celebrating. I do enjoy winning, I’m not going to lie and say I don’t. But I enjoy fair fights more. I was really looking forward to this rotation since day one, considering the exact same thing happened to us in the last one (we got shut out by server transfers, and lost by a massive margin). And for the first few days, it was a lot of fun, as I already said.

I feel like any further arguing would be pointless. You’re too blinded by your “victory” to take anything I have to say to heart. You’re probably going to see this, and laugh it off as me just QQing because we lost. So, I’ll say it again, I honestly don’t care that we lost. It doesn’t affect me at all, I play WvW for the fun of it. I don’t expect to come out on top, I don’t expect to kill everyone I meet, and I don’t expect to be of much use to my server. In fact, the only thing I do expect is to waste a lot of silver on armor repairs. And tbh, I’m glad that the rotation is almost at an end. Hopefully the next one will be just as much fun as this one was during the first few days, only it will last the entire week. And hopefully people stop being losers and just find a server to call home. If things continue as they are now, WvW is going to die, that’s a fact.

in WvW

Fury.6248

@ Fury

go to L2P from Twin then they got at least 2 orbs last night.

L2P? That the best thing you can come up with troll?

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

I’m super glad this rotation rid FA of some ridiculously annoying people.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]