Free World Transfers: Limited to Once Every 7 Days

in WvW

Posted by: OchrisO.8450

OchrisO.8450

I don’t think it is long enough, as what is stopping one person going to another server for the WvWvW week giving info then swaping back?
i think it should cost money or gems and should be a month

Mr Quackers- Guild leader

The Night Pact Legacy [NP]

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

pls allow free world transfer just to underpopulated servers,in rest make them payed transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

I’m glad to see ArenaNet acknowledging that free daily transfers may adversely affect WvW. I’m also glad to read the guesting system is still being developed, but what about the WvW lockout system?

Is the WvW lockout system (to prevent transfers from participating in an ongoing WvW match) still a planned feature?

in WvW

Posted by: Discord.1543

Discord.1543

am I missing something? isn’t 1 week the same length as a match? won’t the fair-weather jumpers usually stick to the “winning” server for that week then just do it again a week later? don’t the guilds that transfer to over-stack a server usually stay for that whole week? I guess we’ll see if this actually makes a difference. I think having a 1-week lockout from WvW after a transfer would have been a more effective fix. makes all the WvW problems go away more or less, and doesn’t effect PvE players adversely at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Athorn.2069

Athorn.2069

Once again, another unannounced change..

I can’t go home, 4 more days I have to wait, because what was OK, now isn’t.
Why didn’t I get notice so I could move. You have my email address, what gives?

in WvW

Posted by: ElSdE.3215

ElSdE.3215

The time needs to be changed to 2 weeks having guilds able to transfer once a week to keep two servers in a top bracket is still broken.

in WvW

Posted by: hungryhippos.4980

hungryhippos.4980

I think this affects PvE in a big way since now my friends can’t come over and play for a day or whatever now. Server transfers should go back to 24 hours or even sooner, like 12 hours so i can drop in a friends server for a day and go back that night or something or even give a 12 hour pass that auto transfers you back or something (no WvW/bonuses during the pass duration).

If the problem is WvW abuse then I suggest that when a person transfers servers they can’t play WvW and receive related bonuses that current week plus the next week.That would make people seriously think about transferring to different servers.

I can’t see why anyone would abuse transfers for PvE… maybe farming orichalcum or something but I haven’t heard of anyone doing that yet.

Ayra Bleu Wynd (80 Elementalist), Carly R Jepson (80 Thief), Six Inch Samurai (80 Guardian)
Sir Spanx Too Much (80 Warrior), Lanevo X (80 Necromancer), Miss Meryzia (40 Mesmer)

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Transfers should be free. There is more going on than just WVW

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Malicious.6742

Malicious.6742

Why not make server tarnsfers available whenever you want BUT add a 2 week WvW joining cooldown to it. So once you change the server you can’t enter WvW for 2 weeks unless you pay X gems. The amount of gems is determined by the WvW score of your server

in WvW

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

How about once a month or just make players pay gems for it?

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Pay attention folks. They are doing this in slow gradual changes. This way nobody randomly gets stuck on a server they do not wish to be on.

The progression might not be as fast as alot of us in WvW want it to be, but it’s getting there and with a little patience free transfers will no longer plague WvW
“soon”™.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

So when is guesting going to be available? that way free server transfers are no longer needed.

in WvW

Posted by: ugluk.9653

ugluk.9653

i think the problem of wvw transfers should be adressed like this:

1. free world transfer, no limits
2. if you change world, you may not enter wvw for 2 games! (thats ~2 weeks)

That way, it will be pointless for a guild or a player to hop world to the winning side, since you cannot participate.
And the player who just wants to change world to play with some firends can do so without hassle.

I think that is way more fair than to disallow world transfer for 30+ days and / or to charge money for transfers.

just my 2 cents.

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

You can’t have any sort of balance if people can move at a moments notice.

This hopefulley will also start to promote actual server communities and pride which in most part GW2 does not really have all thanks to last two months of free, no limit transfers.

But w/e. 7 day limit is a good start. Now to go even further…lock out players from Wv3 for 1-2 weeks if they move at a bare minimum imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

So… where’s guesting? Really getting a bit fed up with the way (obvious and predictable) WvW design mistakes keep preventing me from playing with my friends in PvE.

During the pre-purchase period we were promised that GW2 would allow us to party up with our friends on other servers to do PvE content together at any moment.

Seems like dishonest advertising to say the least.

Why not make server tarnsfers available whenever you want BUT add a 2 week WvW joining cooldown to it.

Because that would make sense. And GW2’s designers seem to make decisions with their knees.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

in WvW

Posted by: Kordoch.2950

Kordoch.2950

Small movements guys. 7 days is a good start. Lets run with it for 4 or 6 weeks to see if it puts a damper on things. After that, Anet can look at adding in more restrictions if its truly needed. I think this will stop allot of the hoping around on my server, especially if people fear that the next change will cost money/gems or will impose a time out for WvW. People don’t want to get stuck on a server without their guild mates or friends and have the only way back to be paying $20 in gems.

in WvW

Posted by: dan.2098

dan.2098

Seriously why can’t we have the same system we had in beta. Home servers for WvW and if you want to carebear somewhere else just use guest system. Also 1st home transfer for free and you pay for others. Right now this mechanic provide something like flavour of the week server. For example we have huge influx of totaly worthless garbage on Blacktide server. Quality of team chats and wannabe-commanders went down, not to mention long kitten queues :/

in WvW

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

Since people seem to be upset that guilds can swap to winning servers weekly why not just make it 8 days? I also don’t see how swapping to the winning server is a problem, they don’t get any benefits and there is nothing wrong with changing servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Skillman.3756

Skillman.3756

Maybe they’ve expanded on their original ideas a bit here, but I thought that the 7 day matches were intended as the next step in gathering data for WvW. We had the 24 hour matches first, then the week longs, and this is supposed to building data points to mount the two week long matches that WvW will eventually be upon. Is this still the case or have they announced a change to this plan? And if two week matches were implemented would this make the 7 day free transfers better or worse? Just tossing ideas out to the forum for this, a little unsure of the effect myself….

in WvW

Posted by: Skillman.3756

Skillman.3756

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/mike-ferguson-on-the-current-state-of-the-world-vs-world/

At the very end he defines the seven day matches as a step to getting people used to the 14 day matches. Thoughts?

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

What I would do is have each WvW player register for WvW.

If a player is registered, they are not allowed to transfer out of the server until the match resets. Simple as that! of course that won’t solve things if people just “Stop playing” but that should be the punishment for joining a SERVER-WIDE gametype and then saying “ah screw this, let me jump over to the winning server” which to me is the ULTIMATE FORM OF BETRAYAL.

Sure, its a video game, but loyalties are loyalties.

To play WvW is not just to have all the fun in the world. Its to Represent your server against another server.

People love the individual group battles. Sure…at the end everyone talks about the END-SCORE and who won and who lost, but in the span of seven days, people remember and know internally what deserves congratulations and what deserves retribution and wrath.

I do believe that like it or not, deep down the majority of guilds representing the server would feel the very same way on the matter. Its hard to save face if everyone keeps jumping servers all the time, not just for the server but guild integrity.

in WvW

Posted by: FLEXZ.2759

FLEXZ.2759

This is an awesome update, HOWEVER, There is a large community that still wants there to be a way for people to play story mode cross-server. I’ve heard that ANET was going to make an over-flow mode where cross-server play was possible among the gamers but still no result. I’m an SBI player and never plan on changing but I have friends on other servers and I dont want to switch servers to play PVE with them and wait 7 days to change back to my original server. Is there any progress on making cross-server play a possibility? It will make a lot of people love you, ANET. Ty.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/mike-ferguson-on-the-current-state-of-the-world-vs-world/

At the very end he defines the seven day matches as a step to getting people used to the 14 day matches. Thoughts?

Absolutely NO to 14 day matchups until guesting is in, and free transfers are gone. It feels like nobody plays after the first few days of a match now anyway… making a match like that last 2 weeks would be a nightmare.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: AcFiBu.9624

AcFiBu.9624

This is a definite improvement, but not a fix. I understand that it doesn’t make sense to take away the free transfers until you have the guesting feature up and working. I personally think that free transfers should be limited to 1 free transfer every 6 months. After that make people pay in cash or gems for another transfer before their next free transfer is available. Also put a 3-7 day ban on WvW after a transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

Can we make transfers cost gems and induce a 30 day lockout for WvW participation?

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: moikay.6709

moikay.6709

Please consider reworking this. I know this is just an echo of what a few other people have said, but my friend just got the game, and I was really excited to play with her and a couple other friends, but when she installed the game, my server was full. She went to a different server with another friend to wait until mine cleared out a bit -- but now this! I really think the idea to lock people out of WvW for a week, instead of making transfers once a week, is a better idea. I just want to play with my friends.

Galen – 42 Human Ranger
The Masquerade
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: AmericanBadger.3094

AmericanBadger.3094

I think the problem is not limiting how often people can switch severs, but rather the penalty in WvW for doing so. I like the idea of locking out people from WvW for 30 days after a server transfer. If that’s too harsh, you can always charge Gems to reduce the lockout time. Also, I really like the idea of the “white flag” deserter icon. This way guilds can identify which characters tend to desert as an additional mark (maybe after 5 server transfers, you get the mark?).

Either way, some additional measures need to be taken. All 4 of my friends stopped playing Guild Wars 2 due to unbalanced issue with WvW server transfers. After all WvW is the best “endgame” imo, and at the moment it is hurting.

Also, maybe someone can start a poll? I’d love to see what the players would vote on if they had the chance.

Anyways, that’s my two cents. Other than that, I really enjoy the game. Think that it is very well made, and really enjoy that its free-to-play!

(edited by AmericanBadger.3094)

in WvW

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

Either way, some additional measures need to be taken. All 4 of my friends stopped playing Guild Wars 2 due to unbalanced issue with WvW server transfers. After all WvW is the best “endgame” imo, and at the moment it is hurting.

Same! I have one friend who will try it because she’s interested in seeing what it was we were talking about for a month. But I doubt she’ll buy the game. I can’t say that I’d really recommend it to anyone at this point. If it was a subscription based game I’d of canceled after the 2nd month. WoW has more of a sense of server community and identity and this is the game that’s supposed to have huge realm vs realms. But when I can just transfer to whatever server I want every day, well now every week, I really couldn’t care what server I’m on.

The problem is, the problem can’t really be fixed. People have stopped playing the game and gone back to WoW and other games. Say what you want but 10+ mil monthly subscribers vs 2 mil box sales. Now GW2 is out of sight out of mind and even if they were to prevent server transfers at this point the alliances and in some cases the guilds that would have made the game awesome are gone to greener pastures. I’d almost rather uninstall the game then be my current server and have to pay money to transfer to a good one in the future. Perhaps if they flagged each account to have one transfer and you could move to any server no matter what the population level was then guilds could group back up. But I’m guessing nobody really cares at this point.

GW you had so much potential to be better then SWTOR. It’s sad that the game was torpedo’d not by game play and mechanics, but by lack of developer experience and lack of understanding of online communities. That is how Blizzard can be so successful with a lesser game. The game while not being as fun the entertainment is in the community.

(edited by McSlappy.1372)

in WvW

Posted by: Genocidal.8615

Genocidal.8615

My friend transferred servers last night so I went to transfer first thing this morning. The server she transferred to is suddenly full, so now we can’t play together for a week until she can transfer back. Thanks!

Until guesting is working (a feature that was promised at launch two and a half months ago) transfers shouldn’t be limited. I am completely for locking someone out for WvW for a week or until the next reset after transfer, but you’re only hurting the PvE base with this change.

(edited by Genocidal.8615)

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Its all about baby steps guys.

ArenaNet will start with this 7 day transfer patch, and monitor the results. If they feel that it has been ineffective in preventing the transfer exploits, they will make another minor change to make it more difficult for people to exploit it. The perfect solution may come from a series of changes that will happen over months, NOT overnight.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Slips.4692

Slips.4692

Just make it so you can only transfer to a server that is going down.

Kinda ‘reinforcements to a struggling server’ rather than as it stands now.

Slips [HoB]
Aurora Glade – EU
ex-Piken Square – EU

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This is still not enough. Make it one transfer per year, please.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

How about getting rid of free transfers. Pay for it and there will be a lot less.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Voxel.6473

Voxel.6473

1) Charge $25.00 for each transfer.
2) After a server transfer, you can not enter World PVP for 2 weeks.
3) You cannot transfer servers again until after a month.
4) If they don’t like it, then tough luck. Read instructions better. It’s been over two months, and people have had plenty of time to choose a server freely.

I’m losing intrest in W/PVP. I’m not the only one.

in WvW

Posted by: AmericanBadger.3094

AmericanBadger.3094

After doing a bit more research into other games, I think there is a good way to keep free server transfers alive through a reward system for staying loyal to your server. One system I really liked was the WvWvW achievement system from RF Online. It’s actually the only thing that kept that game alive for years before it shut down. The general idea was to create a ranking system that kept a tally of the “top players” in WvWvW. The top X amount of players online at the time got special minor aoe aura buffs, the top player got a cool title and awesome graphic. Obviously RF online didn’t polish this idea enough, for they made the buffs Overpowers and it threw off balance but its worth looking into. Maybe buffs with a massive hourly cooldown? would add for some interesting tactics.

I also liked the idea of a WvWvW Boss that you must unlock in order to fight. as it stands right now, I think that portal at the end of the Jumping Puzzle in Eternal Battlegrounds would be ideal to instance people into a massive boss fight. If you beat him up, then your entire server could get a Magic Find % buff, or speed buff for a set amount of hours before it resets? (this could help solve the issue of people getting screamed at for doing the jump puzzle during heated battles)

Just ideas I’m throwing out there to possibly enhance WvWvW and taking a motivational approach to keeping people from doing server transfers through achievements. Would love to hear people’s thoughts and maybe developers will take some ideas into account.

(edited by AmericanBadger.3094)

in WvW

Posted by: Vhailor.8952

Vhailor.8952

The case of the RUIN guild is exactly the demonstration why your transfer service is a complete failure.

They were on Desolation this week, probably expecting to achieve an easy victory thanks their timezone. Instead of that, they got their anus kicked hard by Blacktide and Vizunah. Guess what?Their tactical answer is to transfer and join Blacktide.

(edited by Vhailor.8952)

in WvW

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Oh lol I thought it already WAS every 7 days… Wow now I know why so many ppl have been complaining about WvW transferring!

in WvW

Posted by: Eldeny.8572

Eldeny.8572

I like that you guys finally woke up, but this is bullkitten. WvWvW is a total joke for months… Why haven’t you restricted this kitten at least when it comes to WvWvW? At the moment, my server is facing “good ones”. The quote is due this system to be totally exploit vulnerable. two days ago or so before that update, people had mass leaving our server to the other ones in order to complete their POI. Some guild tags we have seen in both servers though they were trying hard to hide it up. The goals is simple… keep the towns and keeps as much as possible owned by one, so everyone on the match actually can get it done even with their lowbie toons…

The collateral effect about these months without a restriction in WvWvW

1. Servers lower populated were totally smashed morally by “gaming” or better, cheating the game
2. This game is filled of cowards. Once you get 100-3000 kills you will understand. Although like a chess there’s unlimited ways to own your opponents, and besides the free transfers, you can see gaming “alliance” between servers against weaker ones. I could count w/ a hand the amount of times that high ranked adjacent servers were using friendship (including from same guild/server transfered as spies), in order to win 24/7. The less populated server then not only has to face exploiters, mass leaving, to be outmanner w/ a stupid buff but to also to face cheaters, spies and friendshipers..

Most servers that constantly are losing in WvW mass leave the place. Towns similar to Ghosts for a game that is up for few than few months.. Guild Wars 1 was ‘sacred’ compared to it. Loads of fun, dancing in towns, parties while enjoying in the sweet mission systems and decent non 24/7 hours dedicated PvP and SPvP. The irresponsable nerfs in guild wars 1 had a reason and I know.. to kick the comunity that was in everywhere from Beacons to EoTN Dungeons, from Pre-searing to Kamadam playing as pro traders in order to leave the game migrating to Guild War 2. To bad this game is garbage near guild wars years of prime.

And last but not last, current situations are permanent to the meaning that winning, most populated and weekly dominating servers will server as ‘vault’ for the losers and cowards who die in the first or lose a couple of keeps, migrate.

There’s tons of unbalance in WvW mainly when it comes to class addicionally, theif backstab, invisibles, teleports makes it a “most to be play” while squishy class barely can solo something due the ganknig mania. This is not a ranting but as 99% of the commenters and 30 plus posts, everyone knew that this feature was awesome but irresponsable and premeditated, once some sort of restriction (not allowing transfers joining WvWvW for example) could have been your first priority to avoid what happened in the game.

Ghost towns, rage quit, offenses between server m8s, mass leaving and migrations, free POI’s for WvW map completion, exploiters using a three player base server in their zerg 24/7 against the one corajous Mofo and the list goes on. To finish, Dungeons mainly lowbie ones CM/AC totally inviable to be playable by their respective level caps (30-35).. Mobs who one shot hit, which can be managed but yet focusing on that player repair gold sink, also not allowing people to form their communities in a daily base in front the dungeons. This is more viable tp to the ghost LA cities, mainly on low populated to enough a couple of times.

The repair was made, but your lack of responsability for neither prevent nor fixing the issue as fast as possible leaded to a.k.a plenty of guilds left their servers, big and smaller ones, ghost towns and mainly the players unsastified with the franchise. Aion had similar curricullum, while playing gw1 and aion I saw the same dying by irresponsable decisions. Grow up developers and grow up coward and exploiter community.

PS: This is not ranting lol .

in WvW

Posted by: Fletch.4603

Fletch.4603

Make it:

1. Free every 30 days

2. Block you from entering WvW if facing prior server or same Tier. This alone will end any hopping to spy

(edited by Fletch.4603)

in WvW

Posted by: hargrave.8013

hargrave.8013

Why is there free transfers at all? This is no solution its a bad joke and why im seriously considering uninstalling as its a waste of time to fight with our 25-30 against 250 plus on the new flavor of the week server.

Jade quarry and some other servers should be closed or charged 20-30 bucks to go there.

When this first came out i was playing this regulary then a month or so in here this fotm server jumping just makes the game not even worth bothering with. I think ive logged in maybe 2 times or so in the last month.

why theres free transfers at all in general is wth in itself? Why jade quarry and some other fotm servers arent closed to these tools server jumping is a bad and stupid decision on your part.

Get your crap together anet!!! i dont care about crabs jumping over ships and gear treadmills!!

in WvW

Posted by: ilovemagdab.9724

ilovemagdab.9724

People jump across server’s too much which makes other servers unbalanced especially in WvW most times you will have 2 servers full of invaders 1 that is just as dead just like black gate we were owning then because there was no one to kill on other server everyone left to join that one to make it more active now its more dead then ever lol It just makes it really unbalanced if 200 people decide to jump from one to the other and face it they only do that for WvW it’s no surprise. Anet should just make them pay for transfer if they are that desperate to switch worlds. A lot of people leave a dead server which just makes it even more deader Anet needs to make the stay permanent so the server can grow not keep losing people.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

TL;DR

sometimes people jump server in search for liberated Temple of Balthazar….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Altumus.7340

Altumus.7340

Turn the kitten off, its killing wvwvw, seriously.

in WvW

Posted by: hargrave.8013

hargrave.8013

I will ask the question again why is there free transfers at all? Why isnt jade quarry and other high pop server closed. I mean seriously jade qaurry has to 75 to 1 against most servers or the current flavor of the month server. Very stupid decision on anets part. Yes john peters i know it took 5 years to make the game i heard the same thing from swtor. People want to pvp on somewhat reasonable terms even 25 vs 50 would be better then 25 vs 200 lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Erekose.5673

Erekose.5673

Anet you need to lock down the server transfers to a paid status you are just fighting yourself trying to get your stats remotely close when you have so much movement among servers besides if they want to transfer that much why not soak them for the money for it, look at the revenue you are missing. That revenue might even make the game better for the rest of us that have a little server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Tentacle Love.3412

Tentacle Love.3412

I have a question.

Now that there is a 7 day cooldown on transfers, has this increased or decreased the number of transfers?

I suspect the number of transfers has increased, because it seems like the opposite effect as daily valuation had. When people had the ability to change their 401k plans on a daily or hourly basis, they actually made much less transactions than they had previously, because they were more confident in their investments.

Now, I look at the server browser and I see that all the servers are either high pop or full, and I clearly have to check back in on a regular basis to even get a shot at playing on the same server as my friend now, because he snuck into a full server and now I have no shot because I can’t transfer to a full server.

I’m seeing the same principle at work. Perhaps I’m not the only one.

in WvW

Posted by: EnoLive.2367

EnoLive.2367

From the rumblings we heard from Anet, I have a strong feeling that pay for transfer will come into effect in February when they have also hinted will be their largest update of the whole game.

Co Leader & Founder “Privateers Uk” [PUK]
Gandara
Eno Live (Ele)

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

Skip the free transfer stuff ASAP. It pretty much just add more problems to far to many servers then the other way.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?