Full again??? Are you trying to kill guilds?

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Dev’s, what the heck are you thinking locking the worlds again? Players are just starting to move and balance ourselves out and you lock it? You’re going to break Guilds that are in mid transfer, which are several that I know of alone.

OPEN THE WORLDS! We balance better than you can. At the very least give us a 48 hours warning before you go all Overlord (wrongly) and lock the worlds.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yes I definitely think there needs to be better communication and transparency on this issue.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

BTW, there’s NO FRAK’N WAY those other 10 Worlds are equal to BG’s population. Zero, none, nada, and that makes this “population balance” and the mode itself utter bunk.

Devs are bad, just bad.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I think they proved with this awful expansion how much they care about guilds. They killed off roaming small guilds, they destroyed server communities, now phase three KILL all guilds.

They want you to be a 111111spammer in EOTM, robot.

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

We balance better than you can.

Past and current server transfers do not seem to support this statement :P

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

I don’t really care if you close servers to try and “balance” it yourself despite the fact server linking is a terrible answer, but please…if you’re going to do so.. LET US KNOW AHEAD OF TIME….so that a number of my guildies aren’t stuck listening in on our coms instead of having fun with us in WvW….ridiculous

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Blackgate is OVER full. You’re not going to get equal their population and they’re not going to be allowed to get more people until a significant amount transfer away.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

BG should never open
Idk about TC cause I am not in T1

But I dont get why other servers like T3 servers are full again.. so stupid.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Servers had been open for a week now, how long did you all honestly think it would be open for? Should have moved right away, not wait a bloody week.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

morrolan.9608

BTW, there’s NO FRAK’N WAY those other 10 Worlds are equal to BG’s population. Zero, none, nada, and that makes this “population balance” and the mode itself utter bunk.

Devs are bad, just bad.

Not only that, but as has been pointed out on reddit it looks strange, if it was the T2 servers going full maybe it could be believed but NSP, SOS, HOD and SBI? Nope, something has happened, either anet have intervened (possibly last week opening the servers) or maybe there’s a bug in the population calculation mechanism. If anet intervened last week then they really should have stated it and said they’ll remain open until the next population recalculation.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Servers had been open for a week now, how long did you all honestly think it would be open for? Should have moved right away, not wait a bloody week.

i expect it to open till the next relink which is until next week.

furthermore, the argument still stands
why are previously medium server “full” now, why are they trying to punish those servers despite having much lower population compare to the BG/TC and other previously “very high” server?

i think anet idea of balancing population is to kill those “medium” servers so they can link them up with 4 together while leaving the “full” and “very high” untouched

edit: if anet think ppl gonna transfer to KN, AR and DR because it is 500 gems, nope, that’s not gonna happen because there aren’t much major guilds there.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: judge.8754

judge.8754

Sooo, originally we were medium populated on Gunnars Hold. After the “merge with fow” we were “full”. Couple of days ago i think we got from full to medium again. Now we seem to be full again.

Yet most of the days we don’t even have ANY queues!
Even when we have a queue at prime time on 1 map, it’s back to no queues in 1 or 2 hours tops.

How does this even work?

Mesmers Are Evil / Miss Judge WvW junky
Playing A Game [TaG]
Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Sooo, originally we were medium populated on Gunnars Hold. After the “merge with fow” we were “full”. Couple of days ago i think we got from full to medium again. Now we seem to be full again.

Yet most of the days we don’t even have ANY queues!
Even when we have a queue at prime time on 1 map, it’s back to no queues in 1 or 2 hours tops.

How does this even work?

We are coming up to a relinking time.

Servers that were the hosts were full to encourage migration to lower linked servers.

Data of population was likely being evaluated for a week for new pairings, so servers were unlocked for a bit to get accurate measure.

Links have been decided. Locked up again.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: antidote.7201

antidote.7201

We’re in this situation just because few guilds bandwagonned T1 & T2 (For NA, everyone knows the names of thoses toxic guilds). They destroyed litterally T1, by transferring tons of people (to Yak’s Bend, Blackgate). Those same guilds that were allowed to talk in an interview “How to make wvw more healthy” by Reyanna. They praised good talks but in the acts, they are totally responsible of this situation.

If you guys think people will stay in low pop servers, it’s the wrong path. They will still try to transfer /or simply stop the game. For one reason : even T1 lack of people during a large part of the time. We still search for fights in kitten and sometimes there’s nothing so, why would people stay on low pop servers ? There’s no server pride anymore, it’s a dead horse to be honest.

Locking servers without announcement is totally wrong, as a lot of guilds tried to transfers guildies and now they’re stuck. What do you think most of them stuck will do ? They will just leave the game if they can’t play with their friends.

I know a situation of a guild which has 15 people stuck on a server and 15 others stuck on another server. There’s no reason to stay on a low pop server, no reason at all. We’re going in a wrong way thinking people will stay on low pop. We all want fights and there’s none, it’s totally deserted, even roamers don’t go in low pop bordelands.

PS : And to be honest, a medium server going full now, it’s just … Ridiculous. It’s not the reality.

(edited by antidote.7201)

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

The only servers that should be open are ones that have been in T3 or T4 for 3 or more straight matches. If people can’t get into T1/T2 but want new servers, this could push them into lower servers who fight their way up the ranking.

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

That “bloated” JQ SEA fills one map. Not more. That’s 1/4 of the people TC or BG have in 2-3 timezones.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

Dev’s, what the heck are you thinking locking the worlds again? Players are just starting to move and balance ourselves out and you lock it? You’re going to break Guilds that are in mid transfer, which are several that I know of alone.

OPEN THE WORLDS! We balance better than you can. At the very least give us a 48 hours warning before you go all Overlord (wrongly) and lock the worlds.

I do not think this is acurate. We move motivated to win. They move us motivated to balance. Yes the first one was borked but again it’s cuz WE stacked the deck. Keep calm and let them do their thing. Shuuuush

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Aurora Glade full? Really??

I just bought 1800 gems to move server, by the time I go back to the world select screen servers are already locked. Including my current home world which is outnumbered around 20 hours a day but still apparently full.

Anet sort your bloody metrics out!!!

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

It’s obvious they were manually locking the top 12 servers, they shouldn’t have been opened in the first place to keep funneling players to the bottom 12.

Again players had an entire week, I came in here and made a PSA thread as soon as I saw them open, it was also mentioned on Reddit. There was more than enough time for players to hear about it and to move guilds. They never announced server status changes before why are they expected to do so now? Up to the player to keep track of the status if they want to move.

There was no official word on the worlds opening or closing, so why would you even sit there and think they would be open until the 24th? Typically takes about a week for a server to have it’s status change after population movement, again it was obvious servers were manually locked because quite a few of them were not even close to full before the links, but were after.

I dumped my gold to gems and made my move on the first day, I didn’t even expect the window to be open for than a day much less a week. If you didn’t jump at the chance that’s your problem.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

OP has been on JQ since launch.
I’m not sure how server status matters much to his guild.

in WvW

Posted by: CaptainCaveman.7348

CaptainCaveman.7348

BG should never open
Idk about TC cause I am not in T1

But I dont get why other servers like T3 servers are full again.. so stupid.

This about BG, and if for some weird reason they pair this server they need to block the pairing as well, otherwise they will just do what they did on the first pairing and pay for the transfers to the paired server since it is fully open and cheap.

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

OP has been on JQ since launch.
I’m not sure how server status matters much to his guild.

JQ coverage problems yo, they need more time to buy guilds. XD

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

Anet has a warped perception of WvW population. They don’t understand how WvW guilds work as they don’t play WvW themselves to actually understand what is going on. The ability for a server to queue up 1 map in na is enough for them to consider a server full it seems like. Why have four maps if only one map gets queued and the rest vacant? Where is the logic in that?

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

It’s obvious they were manually locking the top 12 servers, they shouldn’t have been opened in the first place to keep funneling players to the bottom 12.

Nope, base on dev’s word, the population cap was halved for all servers which is why servers were full, so i assume the same apply here.

i dont mind they keep the “full” and “very high” servers full, but why keep the “high” and “medium” servers full as well?

i still have ppl not transferred over and we thought it will open till relink, sad.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Seems reasonable that they locked top tier servers while they try and figure out the balance for relinking. If the populations start moving around anticipating the link, it could screw up their balance.

This issue happened last time when several T1 guilds moved around just before the link happened.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Seems reasonable that they locked top tier servers while they try and figure out the balance for relinking. If the populations start moving around anticipating the link, it could screw up their balance.

This issue happened last time when several T1 guilds moved around just before the link happened.

Except they haven’t locked top tier servers.

Aurora Glade currently ranked 12th FULL
Seafarers Rest currently ranked 6th NOT FULL
Piken Square currently ranked 4th NOT FULL

I would have the person doing the wvw population arithmetic doing your taxes aswell Anet, cos they certainly are not dealing in factual numbers…..

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

Wait, did I miss an unlock? I just looked and it’s the same servers locked as have been since the linking.

in WvW

Posted by: CaptainCaveman.7348

CaptainCaveman.7348

Wait, did I miss an unlock? I just looked and it’s the same servers locked as have been since the linking.

Yup, everything was unlocked except for TC and BG.

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

Return the servers to the previous state of unlock — with BG and TC closed — until you rebalance the pairings. Guilds are now split between servers in different tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

No one is moving to balance out anything. All I see on the few servers I play on is more people transferring to the winning tiers. They are slowing the process of totally destroying WvW but it is still happening.

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Well played ArenaNet… Thanks also for not only doing this, but having classically inconsistent policies.

You have on more than one occasion moved players into full realms, and now that half of my guild is stuck outside of JQ, you seem to have forgotten how to help. Please remedy this situation.

And howabout on the transfer screen, on the confirmation window you say…

HEY GUESS WHAT, WE ARE GOING TO LOCK THIS SERVER TOMORROW AND YOU CAN’T PLAY WITH YOUR GUILD ANYMORE HAHAHAHA WE LOVE DESTROYING GUILDS IN THE NAME OF BALANCE!!!

Nice meme, I r8 8/8.

Star Player
[KEK]

in WvW

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

In all fairness, we should have gotten a warning.

Please just make the status as it was before and give us a period of when the servers will be locked up.

Thank you

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Why unlock them for 1 week then?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Please just make the status as it was before and give us a period of when the servers will be locked up.

Thank you

As heard in Orr: EVERYONE COME!

Why would they announce it when players in gw2 have been known to A: stack servers and B: game the system.

The whole purpose of the linking is the opposite desire.

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

Thank you

Why would they announce it when players in gw2 have been known to A: stack servers and B: game the system.

No, it’s just your constant rant against the wishes of the players. Anet will lose big if they go against what the players naturally want to do. Which is primarily play where they want to play.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Thank you

No, it’s just your constant rant against the wishes of the players. Anet will lose big if they go against what the players naturally want to do. Which is primarily play where they want to play.

Or conversely your constant rant that ignores everyone not in T1.

Anet is trying to save the game mode and encourage destacking, so EVERY server can enjoy gameplay/challenge.

I’m not sure why you’re so against that.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.6213

Sol.6213

Any system that limits players playing with who they want to on a regular basis is a bad system. Waiting longer than a week is really too much.

Scrap the whole worlds idea and start over with something new and different. Server identity seems to already be eroded and doesn’t seem to be worth trying to preserve anyway.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Or conversely your constant rant that ignores everyone not in T1.

Anet is trying to save the game mode and encourage destacking, so EVERY server can enjoy gameplay/challenge.

I’m not sure why you’re so against that.

There are guilds cut in half when transferring to other servers not just T1 servers, it happened to a guild I know of transferring to HOD.

If they were really committed to saving the mode on a long term basis they would have completely revamped the mode to be more flexible. Instead we are left with de facto server merges destroying server identities anyway and not even taking the steps to properly protect the mode from exploitation anyway. The decline has been slowed but will continue anyway.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

T1 and T2 need to be destacked, anet should design the system to be more flexible to lock specific tiers while keeping other tiers relative cheap as incentive to transfer down.

T3 and T4 have people transferring to them from T1 and T2, no doubt about that but closing off like that cut off all possibilities to destack.

Again and again, anet way of doing things have been inflexible and too textbook like.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

T1 and T2 need to be destacked

Are you kidding me? Seriously, I know BG and TC are stacked but, JQ was only at High before the linking and another whole Guild on JQ left the game since then. Then you have the loses from Overwatch too. If anything it’s time to lose another Tier….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Your eyes must have stamp, JQ was very high during last week, I also never once seen JQ drop to high.

Just because your NA imploded doesn’t mean you do not have timezone that is stacked.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Your eyes must have stamp, JQ was very high during last week, I also never once seen JQ drop to high.

Thats very high after they lowered the cap with the linkages. The week before the linkage JQ slipped to high.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Thats very high after they lowered the cap with the linkages. The week before the linkage JQ slipped to high.

That’s good to hear but now they are very high last week which means they must have a lot of dormant populations.

Also, I doubt they dropped the cap since the cap seems universal than individual server, because there were a lot of medium servers last week. Some of which were high before the link and now medium.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

That’s good to hear but now they are very high last week which means they must have a lot of dormant populations.

Also, I doubt they dropped the cap since the cap seems universal than individual server, because there were a lot of medium servers last week. Some of which were high before the link and now medium.

They stated they lowered the cap JQ was at high under normal cap then very high last week under lowered cap.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

They stated they lowered the cap JQ was at high under normal cap then very high last week under lowered cap.

Source?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy Branden.6951

Crazy Branden.6951

I agree with this
3 of my people got to transfer and the rest cant which sucks because the commander is not with the larger group, we are at risk of losing members

Leader of Angels of Clarity

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I agree with this
3 of my people got to transfer and the rest cant which sucks because the commander is not with the larger group, we are at risk of losing members

Which is exactly what some of us totally expected would happen with the new links. From the very start of a new link you are forced to farm enough gold for the next inevitable transfer in order to keep playing with your new friends. Or of course throw your money at Anet, which they will be more than happy to accept. We still wont see the full effect until after a relink but I can imagine a fair bit angry people will post on the forums…

Unless Anet change the way server transfers work/cost, that will remain my belief and it is the reason they didnt merge servers. Constant transfering income by breaking up guilds after reshuffling servers is simply better for them.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

As long as their little darling BG New England Patriots are taken care of isn’t that all that really matters?

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

Source?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Beta/first#post6113231

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

BTW I love how Ehmry bay is listed as Very High, when it sure as heck never was before the links and they lost regular wvw guilds and players after the links, and if you played on there you would definitely see a lot less Ehmry players around. So something screwy is definitely going on with the system.