GM Proheals is running around WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarok.4506

Ragnarok.4506

Thanks Gus for dealing with our siege griefer that was following our group around yesterday. It was a most welcome sight to see them dealt with. You rock!!

What did he do with the griefer?

Gus suspended the account. I believe it was for two weeks. They were caught placing irrelevant siege to block placement of legitimate siege. We also saw their placement of 50 or so siege as well as ‘stacking’ interact objects (plates of food, for example).

If they violate again the accounts held by them will be terminated.

Not sure when this started happening! I am truly happy siege trolling is being dealt with now! Thank you!!

Dhuum!! WvW/PvP ~ Jade Quarry ~ [Kazo]
God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals.
Ban the bots

in WvW

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

what about scrubs alt+f4ing? downed this condi teef in my matchup and he rage quitted twice. Than he proceeds to spam me with emotes. I mean I didn’t even do anything bad mannered, all I did was kill his friends one by one like bad henchmen in a movie.

What do you mean exactly? I thought there was an update (probably a good few months ago now) that made it so that if someone DCs or just straight up ragequits when downed in WvW that it still counts as a kill..

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

what about scrubs alt+f4ing? downed this condi teef in my matchup and he rage quitted twice. Than he proceeds to spam me with emotes. I mean I didn’t even do anything bad mannered, all I did was kill his friends one by one like bad henchmen in a movie.

What do you mean exactly? I thought there was an update (probably a good few months ago now) that made it so that if someone DCs or just straight up ragequits when downed in WvW that it still counts as a kill..

I heard there is a way to avoid it but clicking the new exit wvw button on the wvw tab but not sure

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Hi GM’s!

I’m a community lead on NSP. A group of us are compiling reports on an individual who has previously been banned for WvW griefing on our server, and has since come off his ban. He’s right back at it again. If you can contact me here or in game, we’d like to have it dealt with swiftly. We’ve got screenshots and video if you like, but he doesn’t try to disguise his activities, so I’m sure you could catch him in the act quite frequently.

Also SoS BL is a nice place to find teleport hackers. There’s a specific necro I’ve had my eye on for a few days now… :P
Unfortunate thing about teleport hackers is you can’t grab their name to report them once they’ve teleported away.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

What is the definition, in game, of a griefer?

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

I heard there is a way to avoid it but clicking the new exit wvw button on the wvw tab but not sure

yeah this condi thief was doing this multiple times in a 30 min time frame. Kept dying to me and i did receive rewards but i feel that he deserved a finisher from me or me watching him slowly die. Still feel that there should be a consequence to this, ie you can’t go to wvw because of a dishonor system or something like that.

[SA]

(edited by pepper.6179)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

yeah this condi thief was doing this multiple times in a 30 min time frame. Kept dying to me and i did receive rewards but i feel that he deserved a finisher from me or me watching him slowly die. Still feel that there should be a consequence to this, ie you can’t go to wvw because of a dishonor system or something like that.

A timeout of say 15 mins would be great. It would be better if it only kicked in the second time (allowing for 1 legit dc)…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Hi GM’s!

I’m a community lead on NSP. A group of us are compiling reports on an individual who has previously been banned for WvW griefing on our server, and has since come off his ban. He’s right back at it again. If you can contact me here or in game, we’d like to have it dealt with swiftly. We’ve got screenshots and video if you like, but he doesn’t try to disguise his activities, so I’m sure you could catch him in the act quite frequently.

Also SoS BL is a nice place to find teleport hackers. There’s a specific necro I’ve had my eye on for a few days now… :P
Unfortunate thing about teleport hackers is you can’t grab their name to report them once they’ve teleported away.

In-game mail =) My display is in my sig.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Posted by: Eliesume.1687

Eliesume.1687

On our server, one of the most infamous troll/griefer since 2012, looks to have finally been banned.

With great power, comes great responsibility. Thank you GMs. Keep up the good work.

~Tarnished Coast~
80’s – Ele, Guard, Mes, Necro, Ranger, Thief, War

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

So this is for NA only…. ? EU also has cheaters fyi.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Thanks Gus for dealing with our siege griefer that was following our group around yesterday. It was a most welcome sight to see them dealt with. You rock!!

Gus suspended the account. I believe it was for two weeks. They were caught placing irrelevant siege to block placement of legitimate siege. We also saw their placement of 50 or so siege as well as ‘stacking’ interact objects (plates of food, for example).

By “accounts held by them” do you mean all troll accounts purchased along with their main account gets banned? How is the linking of accounts verified? I do like the sound of this idea as it would give second thought to those who buy “throw away troll accounts” that feel no consequence to their main account. If they invested in trolling, they likely have more than one troll account.

Biggest cash grab: have a troll sale weekend, then ban them all when they think they’re being sneaky. lmao

(edited by Dhemize.8649)

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Dhemize: we got a troll-sale weekend now… GW2 is cheaper than ever so I just suggested the game for a few of my friends…

But hopefully after 8th of March they get the banhammer with superior sigil of troll slaying and hit with it hard… on EU servers too…

Imao

EDIT: I think Europe has a bit less cheaters than the NA servers but we got at least one prominent server of trolling-cheating. I’m not saying they all are (I apologise…) but the troll/player value is well over the normal there…

The server’s name is in my signature

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

By “accounts held by them” do you mean all troll accounts purchased along with their main account gets banned? How is the linking of accounts verified? I do like the sound of this idea as it would give second thought to those who buy “throw away troll accounts” that feel no consequence to their main account. If they invested in trolling, they likely have more than one troll account.

Biggest cash grab: have a troll sale weekend, then ban them all when they think they’re being sneaky. lmao

Usually this is how bans work when the justification of the ban is detrimental to a lot of players/abusing a game system or that of botting and hacking.

You won’t convince anyone to stop if you only ban the single account.

Moral of the story? Don’t do it, and don’t share your account with anyone else under the pretense that they might do it on your account and get all of yours banned as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Alfred Nobel.2914

Alfred Nobel.2914

“You also might find GM Fimm Bjorn patrolling WvW and hunting down the cheaters and griefers.”

So…. when is this going to happen? Because this is needed.

in WvW

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

“You also might find GM Fimm Bjorn patrolling WvW and hunting down the cheaters and griefers.”

So…. when is this going to happen? Because this is needed.

It happens once per two years. You’ll have to wait for only about 720 days for the next cheater & hacker ban event, which results one (1) person getting suspended.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Kill-trading-in-OS/
are we allowed to do this or does this risk our account?

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: sharkmegabyte.2859

sharkmegabyte.2859

This is a nice gesture, but we’re seeing that it’s still not enough. Yesterday, in Tarnished Coast’s garrison, a small guild full of trolls drained all the supply with useless trebs and flame rams. They were mass reported as they stood around TAUNTING THE MAP OPENLY IN CHAT and building their trash.

No GMs showed up….

Until HOURS LATER, when it was all gone and none of the trolls were still around.

Then a GM showed up, saw nothing, and from what my servermates are telling me, they are being accused of false reporting.

Unbelievable.

Pay attention to the chat logs and the screenshots, please. And it’s obvious there are not enough people prepared to respond to these reports.

Tarnished Coast – Kirista, 80 Thief / Stormageddon Darklo, 80 Elementalist
/ Danykka Mistreaver, Guardian

in WvW

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

This is a nice gesture, but we’re seeing that it’s still not enough. Yesterday, in Tarnished Coast’s garrison, a small guild full of trolls drained all the supply with useless trebs and flame rams. They were mass reported as they stood around TAUNTING THE MAP OPENLY IN CHAT and building their trash.

No GMs showed up….

Until HOURS LATER, when it was all gone and none of the trolls were still around.

Then a GM showed up, saw nothing, and from what my servermates are telling me, they are being accused of false reporting.

Unbelievable.

Pay attention to the chat logs and the screenshots, please. And it’s obvious there are not enough people prepared to respond to these reports.

Have a bowl of facts:

I was there for three hours, cleared that guild, found the real person who placed the siege, and yes; placed one suspension for abuse of the reporting system.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

No GMs showed up….

Unbelievable.

If this was last night NA, we would have eventually lost it anyway. JQ golems at water gate, BG golems to the West, massive groups on both sides. Lag was so bad I had trouble changing attunements let alone casting a timely water. Was a valiant effort by all, but to no avail, our waypoint was lost.

If this was daytime NA, good job holding Garri with no supply.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: sharkmegabyte.2859

sharkmegabyte.2859

Thank you for what you did.

What was really irking me was the false-report part, and I found the other thread and saw that was not as unpleasant as it sounded by hearsay. Sorry about that.

And it was daytime NA, well before the usual prime pressure.

Tarnished Coast – Kirista, 80 Thief / Stormageddon Darklo, 80 Elementalist
/ Danykka Mistreaver, Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

No GMs showed up….

Unbelievable.

Have a bowl of facts:

I was there for three hours, cleared that guild, found the real person who placed the siege, and yes; placed one suspension for abuse of the reporting system.

What are the guidelines for false reporting? You may not realize it, but a statement like that, when not followed with an explanation of “abuse of the reporting system”, will lead a lot of players to think it’s not safe to report. I’m assuming the issue was someone sending in 100 reports or just reporting everyone on the map, or something like that. Please clarify so some of our more cautious members are not dissuaded from sending reports in when they are needed.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

when he is standing invisible on your map, reading map chat, and seeing some uppity player promoting in map chat, for everyone to report an entire guild, when he, himself, can clearly see the rest are bring helpful. That is my guess.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Do GMs ever do their work while “offline”? I ask because last night I saw GM ProHeals go offline and about an hour later, after 9pm PDT, a flyhacking uplevel mesmer on FA that has been reported multiple times all week was seen flyhacking right in front of everyone in EB.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

There was a hacking player in the European servers 2 nights ago. I told the commanders to contact you if they see them again (noticed your signature).

No idea if they did, but the question is: Are you able to go teleport to european servers or it’s only a NA thing?

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

in WvW

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Do GMs ever do their work while “offline”? I ask because last night I saw GM ProHeals go offline and about an hour later, after 9pm PDT, a flyhacking uplevel mesmer on FA that has been reported multiple times all week was seen flyhacking right in front of everyone in EB.

We’re offline most of the time. I was actually offline at that point though. I had just spent 3 hours following the siege issue in TC.

I think I’m also the only GM that is currently popping in as online or visible. I usually do this at the end of my WvW session to let people know I’m around and so I can get whispers and answer questions.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

There was a hacking player in the European servers 2 nights ago. I told the commanders to contact you if they see them again (noticed your signature).

No idea if they did, but the question is: Are you able to go teleport to european servers or it’s only a NA thing?

We work on EU as well. =)

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Yes of course they do. GM ProHeals doesn’t go online often afaik, just when he wants to be visible. They most certainly do work offline, and in fact most of the GM’s are hidden completely and never show themselves to any player.

You see someone doing that, report them as botting. If it doesn’t seem like it’s getting resolved, the GM has said to send a mail and will look into it. I would make doubly sure it’s the right person. Only problem is that they must see it themselves to take action, so it can take a bit of time, but they will be watched.

in WvW

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Oh, but I usually don’t turn off my invis there because I know about 10 words of ES, 20 FR, and maybe 4 DE.

No Habla en Francais or… uhh.. German. Or uhh.. yeah. Le Pomme est Rouge.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

As for the reporting abuse we’re not going to take action on an account for reporting someone we find to be innocent. The account in question did far more than that. Also, please do NOT encourage other players to join in and hit the report button based on “I saw them do it” because this will land a suspension in most cases.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

What do you do about people using alt accounts to hack/cheat? Do you find and ban the original account?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

seeing as how “from all I know” you have to BUY a second account from a monetary standpoint banning the offending account should be enough. Either way the cost of the account and the time spent goes down the drain. If they want to get ANOTHER troll account. Well then they payed MORE money to have the right to get suspended when they kitten up again.

That is however just my opinion on it.

Ghost Yak

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Do you do something against people who confuse the zerg with fake commander tag or is that ok because people can /squadjoin?

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Oh, but I usually don’t turn off my invis there because I know about 10 words of ES, 20 FR, and maybe 4 DE.

La* pomme, nice try anyway

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Yeah, that is the case, but people still do this…

happend for me after that until today still like a douzen of times, that people, which simply are annoyed of that that they lost and don’t want to see themself getting finished off, forcibly log out, just so that you can’t finish your move, even if you still get points for that…

No clues, what people leads to still do this childish behaviour

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in WvW

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

“No hablo español.” – Save that one to say that you don’t speak spanish haha.
Edit: Actually you can say “espaniol” since your keyboard won’t have the ñ letter.

It’s understandable that you do that, however most people around here actually speaks english and would have no issues about speaking with you in english. Anyway i’m happy to know that you guys can travel across servers from NA and EU. Will remember that if I ever find a hacker again.

Take care, we appreciate your work.

P.S. If you ever need a translator and i’m online, I wouldn’t mind to help.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

You also might find GM Fimm Bjorn patrolling WvW and hunting down the cheaters and griefers.

Same rules apply that Prohea… I mean Michael just laid out.

Here’s my Norn with the moon in the background for mood lighting: http://i.imgur.com/TtLEXM4.jpg

Vote Proheals! #bestGMpic2015

Why are so few GMs in WvW?

Are there so few of you that we can’t have at least two per server in prime time?

It would go much more smoothly if the castles were in much more supply than they have been in the past year.

Which forum do you want player’s insight on the coming changes to WvW? I find them very disturbing to say the least.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Why are so few GMs in WvW?

Surprisingly, the Worlds do a pretty good job of policing themselves. We have moderators and staffer’s like myself that field complaints and help resolve issues on my World. Ironically enough, the threat of siege trolling is the only real deterrent I have to keep the peace sometimes. It’s my in game version of my Mom’s wooden spoon. Oh… Micheal, can we get a “Mom’s Wooden Spoon” added in game please? lol Oh and I haven’t even had to pull that threat out of the draw in 2 years so, I’m pretty pleased.

Anyways, I’m happy to see the dev’s coming in and helping with griever’s and especially the hacker’s. You have one of those jobs Michael that rewards you by requiring you less. So if it’s quiet in game and you aren’t getting complaints, then you know you’ve done a good job.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Is there any EU timezone GM we could try to contact through PMs ingame? We had few of these invisible hackers in our keep yesterday but there was no known GM online at that time to ask for help and since you can’t target these hackers, can’t use the report for botting option to summon a GM either. Later on we also had a siege griever trolling around. Situations like these makes one feel rather helpless!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

seeing as how “from all I know” you have to BUY a second account from a monetary standpoint banning the offending account should be enough. Either way the cost of the account and the time spent goes down the drain. If they want to get ANOTHER troll account. Well then they payed MORE money to have the right to get suspended when they kitten up again.

That is however just my opinion on it.

Don’t know about this since it takes time for a troll to be caught red handed by a GM, at which point they may be “suspended” instead of perma banned. Then they’ll likely hop onto a second troll account and continue until the original troll account is able to jump back on. A lot of people don’t care about $20 (two accounts from the sale), especially when it’s put to “good use” by trolling for months on end.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Pssst, Michael, come back to Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Rakshasa.5493

Rakshasa.5493

There is really no need for devs to even come on WvW and here is why……Its not hard for the system to pick up fly hackers, ask any of the devs on Arma 3 they have ‘Battle Eye’ if you fly hack we are told its on there side, not one ours…..‘we have to see it to stop it’…..its not true. People who fly hack give a massive ping to the server, soon as they have a massive ping, just boot them out of WvW,

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

‘we have to see it to stop it’

this is so they can show the exiled a video, and not just have to say “_ sed u wer haxing so we banhammer ok” because thats bad customer service if all they can do is provide hearsay as their legit ban reason. its kinda dumb and slow but i dont think they have the tech for a sophisticated automated system.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

So I assume someone else translates all the chat for you on those servers or are there any GM’s that speak the language who are active in dealing with cheaters, hackers, etc across all those servers?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Pssst, Michael, come back to Mag

I thought you moved!? Are you back there?

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

in WvW

Posted by: Meridius.5197

Meridius.5197

[…]

Once I heard a rumour rising up of the depth in orr, that germans tend to learn english in school. Add some luck and the spanish may be able to speak it aswell.

Oh and don’t bother the french guys – they’ll never learn it

in WvW

Posted by: Dreggon.6598

Dreggon.6598

Are you cool with me dropping flame rams on the dead corpses of enemies and getting my guild to build them all? I am a dedicated roleplayer and this is my roleplay finisher

in WvW

Posted by: BagFarmer.2637

BagFarmer.2637

I know we all wish that the GMs had more time to watch for hacking and cheating in WvW, but let me take a moment to say thank you for devoting the time that you can to this game mode. Those of us who play it a lot really enjoy the chance to play a large-scale, competitive game with our friends, and I think we generally all appreciate the effort that you guys put into keeping the spirit of WvW fun and engaging.

Yak’s Bend pug

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

Dear GM’s, I just want to say thank you for your ingame support and for posting here. I would really like to send you a omnomberry bar, but I think it’s better not to fill out your mailbox with such things. So, here is a virtual omnomberry bar.

Happy Hunting

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

He Who Shall Not Be Named is now as brazen as ever in his activities to ruin the WvW experience for every other player on TC. Today during a prolongued JQ seige of our EB keep, he was there throwing out trash seige (his beloved ballistas), wasting precious supply on repairing walls being trebbed, sitting on and not using defensive seige, etc.

I understand that you “take seriously” the banning of accounts – what about taking seriously the game experience of HUNDREDS of other players who are impacted by the malicious behavior of this person? This isn’t one person’s vendetta or a small group of people complaining about someone. This is an entire server’s consistent observation of the blatant and obvious troll behavior of this one person, and for some reason his “rights” trump ours?

What more evidence do you need? You have had a GM catch him in the act. You have at this point what must be thousands of reports of his behavior. His guild name refers to his trolling activities!

Please find a way to be more proactive about this issue!

Edit: Thanks Sinbold. Although I can’t see how it’s either of those things, as the person is well-known and is quite proud of what he does.

(edited by Kunzaito.8169)

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Kunzaito.8169, you may want to edit your post to remove the name of the offender, as “naming and shaming” on the forums can get you infracted. Best to send a PM with the name and keep it off the forums.