GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

lets have fun, i guess. although i’m wondering why kaineng isn’t in a higher tier if they have this kind of force.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Fenrir Bartea.5917

Fenrir Bartea.5917

logging in now, here’s to hoping GoM isn’t getting owned. lol

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: AlterINate.4815

AlterINate.4815

Yeah, not much fun for us either. Some of the more massive guilds take up all the space in the borderland queue’s and leaves our smaller guilds to either wait and fight over the scraps or just go to PvE. I hate PvE, so I wish Arenanet would just bump us up or something. Oh well…

Co-Leader – Kaineng Raiders [KR]
Lvl 80 Warrior – Crovanax

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

Yeah, not much fun for us either. Some of the more massive guilds take up all the space in the borderland queue’s and leaves our smaller guilds to either wait and fight over the scraps or just go to PvE. I hate PvE, so I wish Arenanet would just bump us up or something. Oh well…

i guess your numbers are just world transfers like ours were last week.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

lets have fun, i guess. although i’m wondering why kaineng isn’t in a higher tier if they have this kind of force.

Yeah, I’ve been wondering the same thing myself over the past hour. From what I have read so far it sounds like a couple tier 1 guilds transferred to Kaineng in order to “train”.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/21-12-Kaineng-Ferguson-Eredon-Terrace/page/2#post1091846

Not sure what the full story is yet.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Actually from what I read, WM has permanently moved to Keineng. The post that stated they were “training” there was posted months ago.

From what I read, WM got tired of the exploits in tier 1. Some of the people in WM began exploiting themselves and their server SBI didn’t like that. WM got split up a bit, particularly their oceanic crew, and majority of them transferred to Keineng permanently.

But that is just what I have read from multiple posts spread out over multiple threads. If WM want’s to clear it up. Please do.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

Yeah, I’ve been wondering the same thing myself over the past hour. From what I have read so far it sounds like a couple tier 1 guilds transferred to Kaineng in order to “train”.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/21-12-Kaineng-Ferguson-Eredon-Terrace/page/2#post1091846

well that’s just fabulous. meanwhile, this training is completely skewing the gameplay

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

The WM guild leader on why they transferred to Kaineng.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/78151-from-war-machine/

Not sure if that was the original posting of that letter.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: amberlin.5124

amberlin.5124

well that’s just fabulous. meanwhile, this training is completely skewing the gameplay

Short Pedestrian Answer: Because Kaineng has to earn it’s way up the ladder. Huge™ leaps in a single week are rare and normalized.

Deviation and Volitility are used by the Glicko 2 rating system (http://www.glicko.net/glicko.html). (/snipped)

Details have been requested so here’s the rest of what you need to understand how we’re using Glicko 2. These are fairly specific details so feel free to ignore them if you don’t get excited by math

Assume the shards are sA, sB, and sC. In order to handle a 3 way battle we treat each match as having two battles for each shard. So when calculating the new rating for sA the two battles are sA vs. sB and sA vs. sC. Likewise for sB and sC. Naturally, we do all the calculations before updating any of the data.

We use a Tau of 0.6 and a k of 1.0

In standard Glicko 2 scores are represented as 0.0 for a loss, 0.5 for a draw, and 1.0 for a win. We use a slightly modified version that takes into account score differential. I’ll explain how using the sA vs. sB battle as an example. To calculate the glicko score for sA in the sA vs. sB matchup we do the following:

sAPercent = sAScore / (sAScore + sBScore)
sAGlickoScore = (sin((sAPercent – 0.5) * Pi) + 1) * 0.5

where sAScore and sBScore are the raw scores from the end of the match.

That last transform is easiest to visualize as a graph . Other than that it’s all standard Glicko 2.

Have fun doing the math!

Glicko2 Whitepaper

It might be helpful for some to visit the Millenium GW2 Site and review both the current ratings and dig through historical data. How servers score and then subsequently percolate through the ranks becomes more obvious.

In other words, its not just how well or poorly a server scores but how well or poorly it scores relative to others on the charts when all data points are subject to dynamic forces.

As a snapshot in time, Kaineng needs it’s rating to go up 150 points relative to GoM to take first. That can change if GoM’s rating goes up or down.

In order for Kaineng to break into Tier 6, it needs approximately +165 rating points relative to Northern Shiverpeaks (again subject to change if NS’s rating goes up or down).

I acknowledge this is a crude view. My intention is to merely illuminate an interesting path… not to necessarily taxi you to enlightenment. Enjoy the journey.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

That’s one of the posts I was referring to in my post. That’s just one of many though.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

it’s because we and DR were equally matched in T8

So how high DR can go, that’s probably where we will eventually be.

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Ethersin.3270

Ethersin.3270

Best of luck everyone.

GL of [RE] Rethesis
www.rethesis.com

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Guys let’s try our very hardest not to have our thread closed 24 hours into reset. Report hackers and exploiters. Kaineng zergs everyone. We get it. Move on.

EB has been a lot of fun tonight. Defending SM is proving to be difficult. Let’s see how it goes! I’m too scared to change to my main because of the queue I had to wait in with my alt.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: SpitfireXD.3865

SpitfireXD.3865

I agree. Let’s have some fun this week XD

Dunois [Agg] Aggression
Elementalist/Mesmer of Eredon Terrace

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Jashoa.9652

Jashoa.9652

So, shall GoM and HoD come to an agreement of alliance? XD

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

only chance we got it seems.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Nah.

On HoD, we will do what we always do. Fight tooth and nail with the resources we do have – and keep our spirits high through the hard times and through the hard fought tactical victories – even if we don’t really have a shot at winning the week.

In fact, it probably wouldn’t feel like a real fight for us if we weren’t severely outnumbered. It’s kinda our thing.

Good luck to everyone this week – and remember to have fun out there.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

I remember being zerged by BP in the BP-AR-GoM match. I remember having to fight hard to just retake some stuff in our BL.

But it was no-where that bad.

This week will be boring, for everyone. We can’t compete with the numbers you pull, and you will have no challenge winning 3v1 or worst on all maps all the time.

Least enjoyable WvW I’ve ever experienced in 3 months, and since it is the only thing I do in this game, I guess this will be a long week.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Indeed. Last week was long and boring as we rolled. and this week will be long and boring as we get rolled.

It is like there is no middle ground. And is sucks since WvW is really the only thing i still do in GW2 having a whole week kinda wasted sucks. Let alone 2 in a row.

And if throwing a siege into a an area where you have the determined buff is an exploit you might want to get your report fingers ready since I had never seen it done until DR passed our way. Everyone who has passed since then has done it. And since you are headed up that way….

Or are you one of those people who whine about being standing in the determined buff fighting exploiting too?

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I see the sniping has already started. Too bad. I’m not too impressed by what I’ve seen from HoD of GoM, but the week is yet young… BTW, to the HoD thief in the BL JP: I went in there knowing what might happen. I was not disappointed.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I see the sniping has already started. Too bad. I’m not too impressed by what I’ve seen from HoD of GoM

You’re probably not being ironic here but I prefer to think you are.

I wish I had something to talk about this match but.. all on my mind this evening is, gosh, there are so many Kaineng.

Gate of Madness

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

The last few weeks have at least been fun and fair and enjoyable. I can already see how this will turn out this week.

Have fun being Blue all week. This is not a fair match with the tier one server transfers.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Valenna Tiefling.5806

Valenna Tiefling.5806

So we expected this week. No one can say that we didn’t see it coming. We’ll be clawing back our supply camps and towers as much as we can and doing what we always do on HoD; fighting tooth and nail for every scrap of real estate.

GoM friends: Welcome to the boat we’ve been in for quite some time. It’ll pass after this week and then we can get back to business if we don’t get sent down to T8. Hope you guys don’t lose too many to transfers.

Commander Valenna, Genesis Theory [GT]
“Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of
vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Folie.7980

Folie.7980

Server transfers are what happens in WvW, they are a now a vital part of it and that’s a fact. Complaining that it’s “not fair” will not get you anything. If it’s THAT important too you to not get destroyed in lower tiers by server transfers, then you should transfer to a server that’s not in the lowest tiers.

If a day ever comes were your server gets a massive/many transfers, I doubt you’ll be complaining that it’s “unfair”

#magswag
bad player/10

(edited by Folie.7980)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Server transfers are what happens in WvW, they are a now a vital part of it and that’s a fact. Complaining that it’s “not fair” will not get you anything. If it’s THAT important too you to not get destroyed in lower tiers by server transfers, then you should transfer to a server that’s not in the lowest tiers.

If a day ever comes were your server gets a massive/many transfers, I doubt you’ll be complaining that it’s “unfair”

Most of the people in this thread aren’t complaining – in fact, far from it. Were still having fun in the match and looking forward to the challenges that come with being the perpetual underdog, the way we always do. It’ll take alot more than yet another lopsided match to get our spirits down.

And remember, there was a time – not long ago – when we were the big server on the block (that “day ever comes” that you’re talking about) – we’ve seen both sides of the coin (there was a smiling face on both sides. btw) – and those who stayed somehow manage to find fun in the game week in and week out. They are an especially resilient group of players – and alot of fun to play alongside.

Addition – We also have alot of respect for the underdog servers like Kaineng, Sorrows Embrace, ET and even Gates of Madness. Despite any hardships, they’ve managed to field strong (albeit often small) challenges just like us – and the negative forum comments from these servers have been few and very far between (really classy bunch). It has always felt like a mutual respect both in and out of the game.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Folie.7980

Folie.7980

Most of the people in this thread aren’t complaining – in fact, far from it.

I was responding to the people in the thread who were calling it unfair and were saying it wasn’t fun. Seems like complaining to me.

#magswag
bad player/10

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

Don’t hate us because we are beautiful.

Oh and stop stabbing me in my pretty pretty face.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: greyblue.4962

greyblue.4962

From HoD here, even losing, it’s been a fun fight. Three of us just destroyed a Kaineng zerg in Kaineng BL (well, we only killed about 20 of you, but I figure that counts when you didn’t kill all of us). Are you guys sending tourist groups out for map completion or something?

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Burntb.7392

Burntb.7392

It’s not all bad! Playing on ET, I kinda miss Kain.
There may well be a lot of them but so many are such easy kills they did wonders for my kill count.

Eredon Terrace is my Home!

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Fenrir Bartea.5917

Fenrir Bartea.5917

Dear Kaineng ranger @ GoM spawn, Kaineng borderlands,

If ever you Tbag me after your group of 10+ kills me for you again, I won’t settle for tracking you down and killing you only three times as you saw tonight. I will find you and murder your charr face off until you ragequit.

Obligatory mud-slinging out of the way, I’m still having fun in this match and will to continue to do so as long as there is fighting to be had. GoM can’t complain as we had a slight pop advantage last week and that’s just how WvW is gonna be until server transfers are limited better. Keep fighting and it’ll get better!

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Valenna Tiefling.5806

Valenna Tiefling.5806

From HoD here, even losing, it’s been a fun fight.

If there’s one thing we know how to do on HoD it’s laugh in the face of a brutal loss. Anyone who thinks that this has any effect on our core morale is sorely mistaken.

It’s only been the past couple weeks we’ve been able to hold anything. Previously we had to get joy from coating supply camps in siege and making piles of bodies. We’ll be happy to do it again, it’ll be like an old-time reminiscing thing, I may bust out my old low-level armor and everything.

Commander Valenna, Genesis Theory [GT]
“Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of
vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

From an outside perspective kaineng doesn’t belong in tier 7 at all as they got a huge NA guild on RE and part of SE and an even bigger and longstanding guild in WM…with both of them
They are probably at very least a tier 4 server now…good luck to GOM and HOD, not looking forward to fighting kaineng next week or week after

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

From an outside perspective kaineng doesn’t belong in tier 7 at all as they got a huge NA guild on RE and part of SE and an even bigger and longstanding guild in WM…with both of them
They are probably at very least a tier 4 server now…good luck to GOM and HOD, not looking forward to fighting kaineng next week or week after

Yes. By the end of the night most of GoM was in agreement that Kaineng does not belong in tier 7. Now that we know about the War Machine [WM] transfer and the Rethesis [RE] / NEO Alliance transfer we have a better understanding of what’s going on.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

Hey GoM, how many Trebs and other siege do you need to build in your spawn zones to take back stuff? Exploiting is the name of the game I suppose.

Nobody on GoM condones hacks or exploits. Screenshot it and report it to ArenaNet.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Let’s change the subject to something more joyful.

I hope you guys loved fireworks

Attachments:

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: daneo.9732

daneo.9732

Kaineng outnumbers us, HoD is full of fail, and for some reason tier one guilds like to jump on the up and coming servers when they join GoM’s teir… So I am done, I stayed through the orb hacking and the mass exodus we had then, TCMM & PRO leaving us, and the last wave of guilds leaving that caused us to fall way behind BP and AR (before everyone jumped ship those BP, AR, GoM wvws were some of the best world pvp I have been apart of)… I cant find PvE groups for anything but fractals and AC, Cursed shore is a ghost zone now, and the overall server population is dead… I didnt want to bail but I enjoy GW2 the MMO not the single player console RPG.

I hope nothing but the best for you GoMers staying here, my overall hope is that they merge tier 8 servers and 7 into two or three servers and give you guys a chance one day.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: sheldon.3825

sheldon.3825

It was all fun tonight at EB. An Applause to HoD guys I faced while i was leading a secondary Kaineng zerg at Ogre all night and at Mendon. it was really fun battle back and forth.
Sleep well and c ya tomorrow.

Valkyrie Slayer Warrior [Commander]
Shelenn Elementalist / Pink Cloak Thief / Valkyrie Templar Guardian
Member of [GR] from Kaineng Server

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Kaineng outnumbers us, HoD is full of fail, and for some reason tier one guilds like to jump on the up and coming servers when they join GoM’s teir… So I am done, I stayed through the orb hacking and the mass exodus we had then, TCMM & PRO leaving us, and the last wave of guilds leaving that caused us to fall way behind BP and AR (before everyone jumped ship those BP, AR, GoM wvws were some of the best world pvp I have been apart of)… I cant find PvE groups for anything but fractals and AC, Cursed shore is a ghost zone now, and the overall server population is dead… I didnt want to bail but I enjoy GW2 the MMO not the single player console RPG.

I hope nothing but the best for you GoMers staying here, my overall hope is that they merge tier 8 servers and 7 into two or three servers and give you guys a chance one day.

You should join Kaineng then

SoS is probably one of the biggest PvE guild you’d ever seen xD

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

I guess i would be afraid to move to Kaineng if I was planning a move. If WvW was my thing. I mean it will be a great ride as the Guild transfers carry you up. But they already bailed on one server. If i was moving some where I think id aim for a Server with a standing track record. Id hate move to a server just for the ride and have the guilds bail again.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

You should join Kaineng then

SoS is probably one of the biggest PvE guild you’d ever seen xD

A lot of GoM are thinking about transferring to Kaineng for the week then transferring back once you’ve left our tier.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Skyblue.9358

Skyblue.9358

Yes, WM move to our server give us a great force, but before they come, Kaineng guilds already work very hard in WvW. It’s just because we have balanced battle with DR previously so we keep in T8 so long.

Even WM not move to our server, I am sure we still can move up to at least T5. With WM, we may move even further. With more ppl transfer, we may even target T1.

I really don’t want people just look at the large guilds, small guilds / groups also have their functions. I think depending too many to only 1 or 2 large guilds will be very dangerous in WvW because it make other zerg no room to grow…eventually, when these large guilds leave, the whole server will move down like some previous cases.

Winter Skyblue, Elementalist, Kaineng

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: General.7803

General.7803

WM is not large guild, just have 100 member.
But our role will be bigger.

[WM] GW2 leader, “Jang Gun”.
I’m sorry, i can’t speak English very well.

(edited by General.7803)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Brimwood.7963

Brimwood.7963

Moved up at last, congratulations fellow citizens of Kaineng

Also a big congratulations to HoD for avoiding, most likely permanent, relegation to tier 8. As we can see Sorrow’s Furnace isn’t getting out of that tier anytime soon but at least tier 8 will now be even again.
Don’t worry about our numbers, at this rate we’ll be in tier 6 by next week.
Have to say though that I’m pretty sure no one on Kaineng is there for ‘training’.
WM transferred here permanently and any other new guilds have most likely done the same thing.
After all…why would guilds come to train on a server that’s in such a massively uneven matchup? It makes no sense whatsoever. If people wanted to transfer to improve their game, they’d sooner move AWAY from Kaineng right now and into a server that’s in an even match for the week. The people on Kaineng right now are there to stay but obviously because we were stuck with DR in an even match in tier 8 for so long, we’re a bit too strong for the bottom tiers now.
At the rate it’s going you’ll have tier 7 to yourselves again in no time though

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

Great fights tonight everyone. /Salute to all!

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

SpitfireXD.3865

From T8, Kaineng outnumbered Eredon and Ferguson as well, even before NA alliance transferred. And I actually was in Ferguson before and I must agree, the pugs are big but are weak. There are tons of low levels that you can smash to the ground! XD

Dunois [Agg] Aggression

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Can’t wait to get done with work and join in on this match-up. Screw the scoreboard and screw your numbers. I’m going straight at your stupid zerg all week.

Those of you who are miserable on the new and improved Kaineng Machine (yeah, I read your last match-up thread) are more than welcome to join us on GoM. Or join up with our friends over on HoD, SF, or ET. The freeloaders packed up and left our servers long ago, so there’s plenty of room available for people who prefer a tough fight over a weekly roflstomp.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

RE came from Darkhaven, we had our shine in T4 before after a 5 match win streak, but one thing to keep in mind is once you hit T4-T3, things change, you may think Kaineng server has numbers, but it doesnt compare to T3+, this is from experience.

We didnt come here to login and win, we could have went to t2-1 for that, we (RE) came here to be competitive in those higher tiers, but from the bottom up, working our way up again.

We normally only bring 40-80 max guild members in a map at any time, and are primarily a NA evening time guild.

Crazy Leg

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Leghyker.1530

Leghyker.1530

HOD here, I must say this Kaineng bum rush is great for badges! Its awesome to farm the tourists they drag along.

Coyote
We Need Therapy
If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking!

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

SpitfireXD.3865

lol indeed. the pugs are really weak. do mind they’re low levels. hopefully we will see them get stronger in the near future if kaineng progresses through tougher tiers. we will need a tougher force (not in numbers). and little, fix ur sig. ur not in darkhaven anymore dude LOL

Dunois [Agg] Aggression

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

wvw seems to be boring for this week lol. Enjoy your selves t6 awaits.

Mean while in lions arch

Attachments: