GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

So how about we all stop the arguing and just play the game we all love? Get back to topics that won’t get this thread closed?

Excellent idea.

FIGHT CLUB. Multiple shifts or no? Discuss.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Novem Reyn.5816

Novem Reyn.5816

1 at 4PM pst and 1 at 9PM pst sounds like a good idea.

[RISE] – GoM

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

1 at 4PM pst and 1 at 9PM pst sounds like a good idea.

Signed.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

A reminder about fight club rules is posted above. There are no dirty tricks. Actually alot of the time we may even jump on voice com together, helps with communication.

To be honest, it’s fun. I’ve even gone in a sat sidelines a few times, dropped prints to a guildie next to opposing servers and everything was fine. I know you may be nervous at first, but the only threat at all, is people who don’t communicate to there server.

In the end, it’s alot of fun, we’ve been doing it for months with almost every server. Thanks in large part to Littlefeather putting in the effort and coordinating it. i for one, would gladly jump in, but don’t want any overhead of collecting everyone.

It actually takes a cooperative effort to put together (from all servers) and provides a different ground for some to have a little fun in a different style of atmosphere. If you have some ideas or suggestions, always open to hear them. It’s a very relaxed environment (even if you don’t think it), for players to work together, have fun, meet new players, and play around with their build in a live environment. Sitting on the side lines is absolutely fine.

And don’t troll your GF to getting wiped, she can sit on the side or go ahead and kick some butt if she feels like it. We always have a positive and fun environment.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

A reminder about fight club rules is posted above. There are no dirty tricks. Actually alot of the time we may even jump on voice com together, helps with communication.

To be honest, it’s fun. I’ve even gone in a sat sidelines a few times, dropped prints to a guildie next to opposing servers and everything was fine. I know you may be nervous at first, but the only threat at all, is people who don’t communicate to there server.

In the end, it’s alot of fun, we’ve been doing it for months with almost every server. Thanks in large part to Littlefeather putting in the effort and coordinating it. i for one, would gladly jump in, but don’t want any overhead of collecting everyone.

It actually takes a cooperative effort to put together (from all servers) and provides a different ground for some to have a little fun in a different style of atmosphere. If you have some ideas or suggestions, always open to hear them. It’s a very relaxed environment (even if you don’t think it), for players to work together, have fun, meet new players, and play around with their build in a live environment. Sitting on the side lines is absolutely fine.

And don’t troll your GF to getting wiped, she can sit on the side or go ahead and kick some butt if she feels like it. We always have a positive and fun environment.

^ What he said

Its all in fun, every one just having a good time and getting to know other people while doing it. The very first Fight Club RE hosted lasted about 7 hours lol, so night time presence would be very welcome as well

And I’ll say the location can be behind Hero’s Lodge, South Supply Camp of Kaineng BL.

Come with your guild mates or freinds or solo, doesnt matter, just there to have fun

Crazy Leg

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Its all in fun, every one just having a good time and getting to know other people while doing it. The very first Fight Club RE hosted lasted about 7 hours lol, so night time presence would be very welcome as well

And I’ll say the location can be behind Hero’s Lodge, South Supply Camp of Kaineng BL.

Come with your guild mates or freinds or solo, doesnt matter, just there to have fun

Count us in

SoS loves parties <3

I can provide a 1000 user slot teamspeak3 server for ones that are interested to participate =3

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: ArcticWillow.2758

ArcticWillow.2758

I don’t understand the tone you meant behind your text. It seems kind of hostile even though my response to Paul was nothing of the sort… I’m sorry if this is a misunderstanding. I didn’t want to create one. Just wanted to remind people of the multiple exits :/

that’s nice and all, but could you answer the question?

If you’ve been on Kaineng for longer than three weeks, there wouldn’t be any sort of high horse involved at all. We’ve been in the same position as GoM and HoD are in now. For months, not just for a week.

Not sure what that question or answer has to do with this week’s matchup, though.

FYI, HoD has lost the past 12 weeks by an AVERAGE score of over 360,000 points. That’s not counting this week. I sincerely hope you haven’t been in that same position over the past couple months.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Valenna Tiefling.5806

Valenna Tiefling.5806

I don’t understand the tone you meant behind your text. It seems kind of hostile even though my response to Paul was nothing of the sort… I’m sorry if this is a misunderstanding. I didn’t want to create one. Just wanted to remind people of the multiple exits :/

If you’ve been on Kaineng for longer than three weeks, there wouldn’t be any sort of high horse involved at all. We’ve been in the same position as GoM and HoD are in now. For months, not just for a week.

Not sure what that question or answer has to do with this week’s matchup, though.

FYI, HoD has lost the past 12 weeks by an AVERAGE score of over 360,000 points. That’s not counting this week. I sincerely hope you haven’t been in that same position over the past couple months.

Of note, this is why you see very little complaining by HoD in this thread. No, we’re not thrilled to take a loss like this but we understand exactly how this situation works. Complainers and bandwagoners left our server long ago, and good riddance.

As a sort of almost end of week note to this thread:

Look, no one on our side is saying that you wouldn’t have won this matchup without your recent transfers, maybe it would have been more competitive and maybe everyone would have more fun. Nonetheless, you have won and appear to be moving on to Tier 6.

I suppose to the more important point on guild transfers from many on our server is as follows: Would our side have been happy if we had gotten them instead? On my part I think I know what my answer would be, but regardless imaginably many on the server would have.

This week has largely been a washout for our side, it’ll change next week, but this week is bad. You know that, we know that, it’s common knowledge. Where this becomes an issue for our server is that it makes it very difficult to keep and train new players. The people who don’t know that things are going to improve are the new WvWers, the people who just bought the game, the exact people we’re trying to keep attached to our server to grow our community. It’s hard to explain to them why they should stay on HoD when we take a loss like this, and I think that’s an understandable issue.

So look, yes it is quite likely that your guilds may have moved for valid reasons, yes there may have been a lot of planning that went into it, but the above is why people on our side are upset, plain and simple. When you simply dismiss that as “guilds can’t transfer up or down without complaining” or “you guys are just mad you didn’t get new people”, that trivializes the actual issue and pisses people off. You guys, as prior victims of this should understand, and I imagine you likely do. So no, I’m not complaining, I get it, I really do. But as a personal request, please keep that in mind when you hear people from other servers upset about washout weeks. Their communities are getting a little bit screwed over, and they may just want somewhere to air the fact that they feel helpless over it.

Commander Valenna, Genesis Theory [GT]
“Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of
vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

(edited by Valenna Tiefling.5806)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: ArcticWillow.2758

ArcticWillow.2758

In addition Valenna, I think it’s worth noting that HoD’s 12 week, now 13 week, run of mostly monster losses is due directly to server transfers. Anyone choosing to transfer servers could and perhaps should take a look and a lesson from HoD; your transfer could effect the WvW of an entire server in a VERY significant way, and not for a short period of time. That’s not at all to say you shouldn’t do it, just that it should be a considered choice.

Certainly HoD is an outlier, or at least I hope so.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Timing, is all.

But your 1 point, hidden in the post, that I fully understand (not to a 12 week losing streak), is how difficult it is to bring players, new or pve into help wvw. Match up aside, it’s still a challenging issue. Looking at a score, or being outnumbered from your gate and having to sneak out into open field, is not entirely fun.

The one thing I would note though, if the community is frustrated, and they actually want someone of authority to read it, or see things as issue, then it has to be communicated in a manner such as the above, and maybe with some data points supplementing it. Many of the other posts you may have read, are not as well written. Which tend to appear useless flaming and not really sure why. That’s not the intent, I understand there is frustration behind it that coats the intent of the message.

To your question on whether people like it, it’s personal. Even en mass answering “no” has nothing to do with the fact that it exists. Even if paid, people may move. It’s existed since release, and maybe there are things that can be put in place to mitigate it, but it still exists. Having it in the game, provide just that. A means to move, which means it will likely persist. I say likely, because I am interested in understanding what the February update will hold and whether it is one of the items on the table presently. All of this has nothing to do with the fact that what we want to accomplish, coincided with the timing and server selected, being your opponent. Not sure any ‘individual’ or ‘guild’ would be at fault. It’s a game function that you (and many) take issue with (including myself).

Thank you for sharing it though, with context in a way that is understandable. And GL to you and server in your week to come Valenna

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Greenfox.8023

Greenfox.8023

whats your map chat like in WvW? – i’m currently in the market for a new lawn.

I know I’m a bit late in responding. But succinctly, I’d say that our map chat is “all business”.

It’s the various commanders on the borderland map dividing up their responsibilities (you go here, I go there). It’s the commanders telling their followers where to go (grabbing supply from X and going to Y). It’s roamers and small squads reporting on what they’re taking. It’s roamers and small squads reporting on where they see enemy squads and zergs, and where they might be headed.

Of course, there’s also /say chats for local coordination among zergs and squads.

There’s really not that much off-topic chatter (well, maybe some, particularly later in the week as we’re getting bored), but it’s generally friendly and respectful.

Reading between the lines, I’m guessing you’re saying your map chat is different?

Greenfox
- Soul of SoS – SoS Guilds -
— Kaineng Server —

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarok.4586

Ragnarok.4586

Great, now Kaineng is dominating this thread with their zergs as well as the in game battle grounds…

sigh

Mekanos – Engineer | Alradian – Warrior
[FcTR] on Maguuma

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Ragnarok.4586

whats your map chat like in WvW? – i’m currently in the market for a new lawn.

I know I’m a bit late in responding. But succinctly, I’d say that our map chat is “all business”.

It’s the various commanders on the borderland map dividing up their responsibilities (you go here, I go there). It’s the commanders telling their followers where to go (grabbing supply from X and going to Y). It’s roamers and small squads reporting on what they’re taking. It’s roamers and small squads reporting on where they see enemy squads and zergs, and where they might be headed.

Of course, there’s also /say chats for local coordination among zergs and squads.

There’s really not that much off-topic chatter (well, maybe some, particularly later in the week as we’re getting bored), but it’s generally friendly and respectful.

Reading between the lines, I’m guessing you’re saying your map chat is different?

Sorry dude, but none of that really has anything to do with why Kaineng is winning.

Its the fact that you got all those big raid guilds to transfer to your server, and the fact that your server usually has long queues to get into fully stocked battle grounds where you are fighting opponents with less than 1/3 of your numbers the majority of the time.

Your “map chat” communication really has nothing to do with it.

[FcTR] on Maguuma

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

If you’ve been on Kaineng for longer than three weeks, there wouldn’t be any sort of high horse involved at all. We’ve been in this position. For months.

or you could dance around it, it’s fine. i’ll make it a more obvious question.
what if GOM or HOD was able to spawn camp you? would you be spamming this thread with ‘there are multiple exits’ posts? i don’t think so.

To be honest? No, I wouldn’t be posting about getting spawn camped. Because QQing here won’t solve anything with the spawn camping. Just use a different exit and please, for future reference, you don’t need to be so hostile to people just making friendly reminders about something that would help you.

I enjoy when there are good fights in WvW. Not this “we’re just gonna steam roll you” crap. We’re all gamers here. We’re all people here. We all just want to have fun. So how about we all stop the arguing and just play the game we all love? Get back to topics that won’t get this thread closed?

maybe i’m just fed up with zerg severs telling me to ‘keep at it’

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Greenfox.8023

Greenfox.8023

Sorry dude, but none of that really has anything to do with why Kaineng is winning.

Your “map chat” communication really has nothing to do with it.

This was a rather offtopic response. Someone on the previous page was asking about map chat on Kaineng, I suppose because he was curious if it was different from his server’s map chat. (I would have replied earlier, but I got a kitten-ton of work slammed on my desk that had to be attended to first.)

The reason Kaineng is winning has been beaten to death for 8 pages now, and does not need to be rehashed further.

Greenfox
- Soul of SoS – SoS Guilds -
— Kaineng Server —

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

Of note, this is why you see very little complaining by HoD in this thread. No, we’re not thrilled to take a loss like this but we understand exactly how this situation works. Complainers and bandwagoners left our server long ago, and good riddance.

You’re exactly right, Valenna. I guess the main point of everything this week has been some epic fights (some of those open field battles next to garrison have been amazing), along with some really fun shenanigans (GoM folks sieging up the Kain BL JP!). I know the score hasn’t been fun, but I’m hoping the week hasn’t been a complete wash. I know that my toon has had numerous spikes through her head, so I know that some of your folks at least got some loot bags. xD

I’m sorry if I implied that HoD or GoM haven’t had rough weeks – not what I meant. The two weeks before we came through seemed to be pretty fun for you guys – Kaineng hasn’t ever had that, really. Either we’ve been stomped, or now, we’re stomping. Seems like there’s no middle ground for us, but I’m assuming when we hit whatever tier we’re meant for, we’ll find it there.

Bottom line, I hope the bad sports (regardless of server) haven’t spoiled the fun for those of us who really love this WvW thing.

And….. FIGHT CLUB. WOO!

Tarnished Coast

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

In that case I will give you 2 suggestions that are not “Keep at it.”

1) Stop reading/complaining on the Forums so you don’t have to hear people saying “Keep at it”. I get it…things suck for you, bloody near everyone has been through it already so stop acting like you’re special and you going through it is worse than when we did.

2) Transfer. Nothing’s stopping you from getting away from the Suck by just not being there.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Ragnarok.4586

1) Stop reading/complaining on the Forums so you don’t have to hear people saying “Keep at it”. I get it…things suck for you, bloody near everyone has been through it already so stop acting like you’re special and you going through it is worse than when we did.

2) Transfer. Nothing’s stopping you from getting away from the Suck by just not being there.

Yeah. Transfer. If you can’t beat them, join them right?

Haha…

[FcTR] on Maguuma

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

Hey FoS, AKA Fringe Of Sanity, check your mesmers…a female norn or tall female human, to be exact

Just now a mesmer ported in some GoM players into Craigtop Tower at GoM BL.

The thing is, no wall or gate was down, was a breakout event.

I set up some good defensive seige, and Im glad I had a chance to use it, but I am disappointed that GoM took the tower this way.

Crazy Leg

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Seuss.5946

Seuss.5946

Hey FoS, AKA Fringe Of Sanity, check your mesmers…a female norn or tall female human, to be exact

Just now a mesmer ported in some GoM players into Craigtop Tower at GoM BL.

The thing is, no wall or gate was down, was a breakout event.

I set up some good defensive seige, and Im glad I had a chance to use it, but I am disappointed that GoM took the tower this way.

Here’s a picture of the gate/wall still up with GoM attacking on the outside with some GoM capping on the inside.

Attachments:

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

Just now one of my guildies staked some one on top of garrison outer wall, with no walls or gates down lol. Not trying to mud sling, we reported but yea, just wanna let you guys know about a black sheep, If any one in RE was hacking I personally would ban them from our guild, we dont want that in our guild, and I know other’s would not want that in their guild either.

Crazy Leg

(edited by Littlefeather.8623)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: sheldon.3825

sheldon.3825

I was gonna play nice and rest while doing jp, I was waiting for my box to reset at HoD borther JP. and this mesmer who was porting his guys up to chest for hours suddenly brings 5 of em up there and attacked me. Well hey, even u guys attacked me I survived and killed one of ya.

Anyways, cant we just chillax at JP tho =.,=??

Valkyrie Slayer Warrior [Commander]
Shelenn Elementalist / Pink Cloak Thief / Valkyrie Templar Guardian
Member of [GR] from Kaineng Server

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

I was gonna play nice and rest while doing jp, I was waiting for my box to reset at HoD borther JP. and this mesmer who was porting his guys up to chest for hours suddenly brings 5 of em up there and attacked me. Well hey, even u guys attacked me I survived and killed one of ya.

Anyways, cant we just chillax at JP tho =.,=??

You could chill at your own borderlands jp. I think it’s enough you guys took our keeps and towers. Myself and a guildie left two Kai inv (guild named United Korea) alone at the HoD bl jp while we were there and they called in 3 others to kill us. Few hours ago I heard the jp was camped by Kai. I think the chillax pill should go two ways, ESP to invaders, and less so defenders.

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Stoneslammer.3650

Stoneslammer.3650

Just now one of my guildies staked some one on top of garrison outer wall, with no walls or gates down lol. Not trying to mud sling, we reported but yea, just wanna let you guys know about a black sheep, If any one in RE was hacking I personally would ban them from our guild, we dont want that in our guild, and I know other’s would not want that in their guild either.

Maybe you should spend some time checking your own allies instead of others. How about you stop pretending tomhave some kind of honor or morals. Is fairly clear from the current state of WvW formour servers you have absolutely none. You wanna call out cheaters? Then look no futher than some of your WM buddies.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

http://www.kidsmmorpg.com/ This is probably more appropriate for you for a few years.

For clarity sake the message: Grow up.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

Yeah. Transfer. If you can’t beat them, join them right?

Haha…

I dunno if i would be willing to join the ranks of cowards who bail on thier server to steamroll lesser ranked servers with low WvW populations.

Know why they tell us to keep at it? So that they can retake the one keep they allow us to get five minutes later getting karma and some badges from killing us. They need us to “keep at it” lol what a joke. The only time I would transfer is if a bunch of cowardly guilds who could not hack the tier thier servers were on left their respective servers high and dry and joined mine. I would be gone in a heartbeat.

Better to die with honor than live as a coward.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

http://www.kidsmmorpg.com/ This is probably more appropriate for you for a few years.

For clarity sake the message: Grow up.

Ever wonder why other MMO’s dont offer free server transfers? Maybe because horrible guilds will pull garbage like the move to Kain. Which in turn is ruining others gameplay experience.

I like how you dont bother to refute anything i have said. Truth hurts eh?

For clarity sake the message. Even God hates cowards.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

(edited by Stoneslammer.3650)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Paul.5032

Paul.5032

/m Is this wvw? What do I do here? (Newbie)
/m Are you new? (vet)
/m Yeah (Newbie)
/m Well… normally things are not this bad…
/m Things… will be better next week…
/d does he know how to change server?
/d shut up, don’t tell him!
(long silence for 20 seconds)

True story.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

So I am curious how many servers those guilds ruined WvW for the foreseeable future. The servers they moved from and the servers Kain will be going against. Not a single thought to anyone elses enjoyment of the game. Then we get tools who tell us transfer off our servers if we dont like ten or twenty to one odds.

I had some high hopes for WvW being my replacement for RvR but Anet really screwed the pooch giving whole guilds of selfish cowards the power to completely muck up WvW for numerous servers. It truely is unbeliveable.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Calm down, folks. Everyone’s stated their arguments on the issue and neither side is budging. Now we’re at the point where we’re just repeating ourselves.

Just let it go. There’s only two days left before reset, then Kaineng will become someone else’s problem. If anything, go settle your differences at fight club so you can fight on equal ground.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

I like you Stone…you make me laugh. Please continue telling me what a horrible person I am. Of course…I don’t comprehend Irony apparently…So that can’t be why.

Well not only do you not know the meaning of irony you dont know the meaning of “Troll” either. Imdirect you to your post telling a player to stop posting his frustration and telling him he should just transfer off his server. Then look at your post directing me to some kids mmo site.

As for what kind of a person you are, lemme ask you a question. What do you call a guy or guild that abandons a server prolly leaving it ill-prepared to face the current tier it finds itself, only to drop down to a lower tier along with other players/guilds, effectively skewing the rankings and ruining WvW gameplay for a number of servers? Then advises another player who shows no thoughts towards abandoning his home to do the same thing?

I call it selfish, cowardly behavior. But maybe that is just your in game persona. I doubt it though.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Paul.5032

Since day 1, we’ve noticed that Kaineng WvW players all dye their armor with SAME BLUE dye.

Is there a story behind it?
/peace

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

Calm down, folks. Everyone’s stated their arguments on the issue and neither side is budging. Now we’re at the point where we’re just repeating ourselves.

Just let it go. There’s only two days left before reset, then Kaineng will become someone else’s problem. If anything, go settle your differences at fight club so you can fight on equal ground.

While i agree no one is budgeing and respect you for your post. If players say or do nothing then more of these kinds of mass moves will continue to happen. I think those that jump ship and move in massive numbers ruining other players gaming enjoyment should at least know what we think of them. You may not feel the same and that is fine but seeing as my enjoyment for the week was ruined i reserve my right to let those responsible know how I feel about it.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: GaleDragon.8492

GaleDragon.8492

Guys it’s not all bad, with Kain taking our camps it leaves a lot of yaks around to get free karma/exp off of O_o I think I’ve leveled more off yaks and camps this week then I ever have in PvE, and I mostly WvW (when I have some one to do it with because I’m horrid at PvP lol).

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

I have deleted my previous posts, and decided I would better spend my time in providing a more on-topic analysis of the current situation while providing a counter-argument to extremely negative commentary. So then…

So I am curious how many servers those guilds ruined WvW for the foreseeable future. The servers they moved from and the servers Kain will be going against. Not a single thought to anyone elses enjoyment of the game. Then we get tools who tell us transfer off our servers if we dont like ten or twenty to one odds.

I will begin with what is most important, the enjoyment of the game. In this post you are declaring people you don’t know, who’ve been fighting in places you’ve never been, playing a game in situations you haven’t experienced and taking actions you’re unwilling to even consider as horrible people. Is it a Player’s responsibility to consider the enjoyment of the other player? Or is it the Developer’s responsibility? Because as a Player I can tell you that the only responsibility we hold is to have fun playing a game we love. These people took an action they felt was needed in order to continue playing this game and WvW, the alternative to this being quitting, thus removing a large portion of our population and lowering the pool of Players for WvW even more, not exactly something I want to see.

You speak of selfishness, but then you speak only about your own enjoyment without considering theirs, in the future I simply ask that you stop and think about what others have gone through before making such judgemental and overly biased statements.

Ironic? Do you actuallly know what that word means? I suggest you look it up and while at it you should also look up the words Selfish, Cowardly, and Honorable.

“A manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.” Such as, for example, criticizing people for selfishness and thoughtlessness while speaking selfishly without thought for what they have been through. Thus, sir, your “Speech” was quite ironic.

As for Cowardly, I have yet to see any of the Guilds run from a fight…they were each on Kaineng independently researching it as a place to potentially go, only when all realized it was their mutual destination did they form the alliance. They weren’t running from a fight, they were looking for a new one to join because they were no longer having fun in the old one.

Finally, for “Honor”, my personal favorite definition has always been the Japanese Bushido. Gi, Y?ki, Jin, Rei, Makoto, Meiyo and Ch?gi. Otherwise there is the “Knight’s Chivalric Code”, and countless others…but in all of these systems of “Honor”, Courtesy and Manners are considered a very large part of it. Both of which you have been lacking in your posts.

You tell another player hey should not post on the forums if they dont like that you Tools ruined the game for many of us for who knows how long? Then you say he can transfer off his server if he does not like it?

You sir are the epitomy of a selfish coward who could care less who he ruins the game for. I imagine you are guilded with equally selfish cowards. But I will take back one thing though. The server you left must be rejoicing to see you and your ilk gone, no matter the cost.

I am a Kaineng, and since I started playing have been a Kaineng. The only time I left was while we were winning by such a ridiculous margin that my presence meant nothing to the larger picture and so I chose to scout the higher Tiers for my Guild and Server to be better prepared for the fight to come. I am no transfer, and never will be as Kaineng is my home.

I also transferred to ET during the 2nd week fighting them where I helped train a number of their new players, taught them how to defend and hold Towers even against Kaineng Zergs, helped to fight against the Kaineng Horde and all around provided whatever aid I could.(While being called a “Spy” and such by some, but warmly welcomed by most. Thanks again for the good times ET!)

For the person I told to “Stop posting or leave.”, he asked for suggestions beyond “Keep at it.”, I gave him what he asked for since those are really the only other options he has. Had you actually read the posts you would recognize it was posted good-naturedly.

My point with this is simply this: You are making snap judgements with absolutely no background or forethought in what you are typing. As such, you should just stop, take a break, and recognize that this is just a game.

Thank-you, and continue the good fights folks!

(edited by StormWolf.7645)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Since day 1, we’ve noticed that Kaineng WvW players all dye their armor with SAME BLUE dye.

Is there a story behind it?
/peace

Enemy teams are colored their ‘team colors’ by default, you can change which color scheme is displayed in the options.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

While i agree no one is budgeing and respect you for your post. If players say or do nothing then more of these kinds of mass moves will continue to happen. I think those that jump ship and move in massive numbers ruining other players gaming enjoyment should at least know what we think of them. You may not feel the same and that is fine but seeing as my enjoyment for the week was ruined i reserve my right to let those responsible know how I feel about it.

Those responsible would be ANet. Until they weigh in on the situation, mass transfers are fair play. Just like night-capping, jumping puzzle camping, and those little invulnerability areas in some supply camps.

I’m with ya, man. This situation sucks. I’ve voiced my argument and read all of their points. Some of the statements coming from Kaineng are downright laughable, while others seem sincere. But the argument itself is going nowhere and we can’t generalize the motivation of their entire server. We’d be no better off than all the kitten who labelled GoM as the hacker server at launch and caused our initial mass exodus.

For better or worse, Kaineng chose their path. They’ll achieve some success, I’m sure. But on the flip side, all they have to look forward to for the next few weeks is another 8 pages of forum hatred from each tier they stomp while GoM and HoD will be enjoying a much more fun and even match-up.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Paul.5032

Lol… I must have accidentally mis-clicked it… /facepalm

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

For better or worse, Kaineng chose their path. They’ll achieve some success, I’m sure. But on the flip side, all they have to look forward to for the next few weeks is another 8 pages of forum hatred from each tier they stomp while GoM and HoD will be enjoying a much more fun and even match-up.

As an aside: I would like to know how you guys are doing in the future! Will probably continue following your progress in the fights down here same as I do with DR still. :p Hopefully we will eventually have the opportunity to have Kaineng vs GoM vs HoD again in the future on a more even keel.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Do you think I seriously enjoy this right now.

Frankly its boring.

By the looks of it the next teir will only be little better. (not bragging).

I had more fun when we were camped into our spawn for weeks while HoD was busy being #1. At least when you dont own anything you have a target rich enviroment, if you can get past the frustration of getting lolzergsteamrolled.

I remember the nights where my guild would camp a supply camp. We would cap it, and it would be the only supply camp our server would own. Eventually we graduated to towers, then started ninjaing keeps, but there was a point where supply camps were the only thing our server could even reliably cap. Cliffside was our Stonemist castle for weeks.

Once the bottom matchup stopped changing because fergie failure cascaded, we would have good fun tombstoning other small groups from other servers, and we would get tombstoned ourselves. GoM/HoD dont seem to be aware of the honorable tradition and respawn as soon as they are defeated instead of sticking around for the tombstoning that concludes a good fight. We even would one up each other by dropping more valuable siege instead of flame rams.

The funny thing was the zerglings of our server would actually build the rams so you would have random rams dotted around the map.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

Stormwolf that you deleted your earlier posts Just shows me what your made of. I agree I do not know many players I am labeling but as a long time gamer I can safely say that the actions are those of dishonorable players. As for what resposiblilities we have as players. Well as a human being we should have morals. We should surely be able to,have whatever fun we want but without ruining others fun. That you claim to not be a member of any of the guilds who abandonded thier server means little to me asmyou are defending them which is no better.

I will point out that Anet and its devs hold some responsibility in this fiasco. But i think it is a learning curve for them as every day they see and learn of more examples of the extent some players will go to cheat/exploit/glitch or other shady means of gaining an edge over other players. I have no doubt that there will be a stop put to these kinds of massive moves because it does not take a rocket scientist to seemthe damage it does. That guilds can make thier,beds on a server then slither off to a different one when the going gets tough is very distasteful and imo dishonerable and unsportsmanlike gameplay.

Nothing can be said for condoning these kinds of slimy moves or for actually participating in them that will change the facts that gameplay for this week and some weeks to come will be ruined for many and that in itself is extremely selfish and those guilds responsible deserve nothing less than our contempt. We all play to have fun and i have seen griefers in almost every game. In essence that is all this is, a different way to grief players and ruin thier enjoyment.

Btw only a coward removes his past posts.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

The funny thing was the zerglings of our server would actually build the rams so you would have random rams dotted around the map.

Funniest thing I’ve seen: I went to the Quaggan Island in order to get the PoI…there on the island were 15 completed Rams. 5 of them from each Server…I laughed so hard. XD

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Obviously your mind is made up and yours is the only viable one to you, as such, further communication with you is utterly pointless. Thank-you and I hope you enjoy future fights in Guild Wars 2!

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

Those responsible would be ANet. Until they weigh in on the situation, mass transfers are fair play. Just like night-capping, jumping puzzle camping, and those little invulnerability areas in some supply camps.

I’m with ya, man. This situation sucks. I’ve voiced my argument and read all of their points. Some of the statements coming from Kaineng are downright laughable, while others seem sincere. But the argument itself is going nowhere and we can’t generalize the motivation of their entire server. We’d be no better off than all the kitten who labelled GoM as the hacker server at launch and caused our initial mass exodus.

I agree completely. Just want to point out I was not including players on Kain before these mass moves took place. I am completely putting everyone in those guilds whom abandoned thier servers to move to Kain and Roflstomp thier way through ill prepared servers in the same basket though.

I just hope those on Kain who were there before these moves understand that they will most likely be abandoned bynthe same guilds as soon as they meet stiff competition.

Anyway im done. Time to go play PoE for awhile.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

Obviously your mind is made up and yours is the only viable one to you, as such, further communication with you is utterly pointless. Thank-you and I hope you enjoy future fights in Guild Wars 2!

Oh my mind is made up. Just like my principals. I will never condone stealing, lying or cheating, to name a few. Even though many have tried to explain away why thier cheating should be ok. I dont see much difference in what those guilds did. Although it is a game mechanic I do not believe Anet expected multiple guilds to mass move to a single server making rankings reduntant and ruining WvW for many. Not much difference that cheating IMO

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I guess that’s as close as we’re going to get to civility for the week. :P

Attachments:

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

I just hope those on Kain who were there before these moves understand that they will most likely be abandoned bynthe same guilds as soon as they meet stiff competition.

If (and I do say “if” – I really think they’ll stay, Kaineng is a great place to be) the transfer guilds transfer again somewhere else… so what? We start losing the points game? Again, so what? We’ve been rock bottom, and I do mean rock bottom. Have you ever, ever, been in LAST place? No? Try it for awhile. It gives you some perspective and makes you realize this game is supposed to be fun. Even when you’re getting roflstomped, this game is fun… until YOU make it so it’s not. Your fault. Not mine. Not ANet’s. Not WM, DE, RE, or any transfer guilds. It’s on you to make the game fun. You’re welcome to play the victim all you want and blame everyone else because you’re not entertained, just understand that’s what you’re doing.

For the record, I rolled Kaineng and have been here the entire time. Wouldn’t go anywhere else. WM, RE, DE, all the new transfers… they’re all Kaineng too now. Hate on ‘em if you want. Hate on Kaineng if you want. Your choice, and you’re not having fun because of it. Me? I’m still having a blast playing the game.

Tarnished Coast

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

If (and I do say "if" - I really think they’ll stay, Kaineng is a great place to be) the transfer guilds transfer again somewhere else... so what? We start losing the points game? Again, so what? We’ve been rock bottom, and I do mean rock bottom. Have you ever, ever, been in LAST place? No? Try it for awhile. It gives you some perspective and makes you realize this game is supposed to be fun. Even when you’re getting roflstomped, this game is fun... until YOU make it so it’s not. Your fault. Not mine. Not ANet’s. Not WM, DE, RE, or any transfer guilds. It’s on you to make the game fun. You’re welcome to play the victim all you want and blame everyone else because you’re not entertained, just understand that’s what you’re doing.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/A-Guide-To-Keep-The-Server-Alive

And that’s what I have to endure while Kaineng was at the bottom of the server list for the past few months.

Hang in there, time to shine in your server will come if you keep it up.

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Guru.3245

Guru.3245

So this will come off as disrespectful im sure, but I personally don’t feel Kaineng would get very high up in tiers without their transfers. Sure you could get out of tier 8, no doubt, but from your performance in this matchup, it’s been nothing but numbers, no skill. Countless times 4 of our people have killed 10+ of yours, it’s great, and it’s what’s allowed me to have fun in this matchup. We even ninja’d a keep from you guys tonight :P
No disrespect intended, but you guys need to work on skill for those high ranks you’ll be hitting, even WM and what not, i’ve killed a ton of your members cause you’re almost all using cookie cutter glass cannon builds.
Also, the lack of respect is appalling from Kaineng, dancing on corpses, laughing etc, it’s just not needed guys.

Anyways, my post isn’t meant to insult anyone, though im sure some will take it that way. There’s been some fun in this matchup, defeating a whole group when outnumbered and what not, the huge battles in EB at the start of the week, so thanks for that guys And as i’ve said before, work on those tactics, cause eventually they’ll be an even bigger zerg than yours.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

So this will come off as disrespectful im sure, but I personally don’t feel Kaineng would get very high up in tiers without their transfers. Sure you could get out of tier 8, no doubt, but from your performance in this matchup, it’s been nothing but numbers, no skill. Countless times 4 of our people have killed 10+ of yours, it’s great, and it’s what’s allowed me to have fun in this matchup. We even ninja’d a keep from you guys tonight :P
No disrespect intended, but you guys need to work on skill for those high ranks you’ll be hitting, even WM and what not, i’ve killed a ton of your members cause you’re almost all using cookie cutter glass cannon builds.
Also, the lack of respect is appalling from Kaineng, dancing on corpses, laughing etc, it’s just not needed guys.

Anyways, my post isn’t meant to insult anyone, though im sure some will take it that way. There’s been some fun in this matchup, defeating a whole group when outnumbered and what not, the huge battles in EB at the start of the week, so thanks for that guys And as i’ve said before, work on those tactics, cause eventually they’ll be an even bigger zerg than yours.

Were those people you were facing our “Regulars” I would agree…but believe it or not, most of the people who are skilled or at least around most often(before the Transfers) have been either leveling Alts or Server hopping until we face better odds. As surprising as some may believe it…We don’t enjoy facerolling our opponents any more than our opponents enjoy being facerolled.

Note: This is not an attempt to “Troll” or even belittle our current Kaineng forces, “Zergs” are an important part of the WvW cycle, and an organized small-man crew with communication will always trump a larger less organized group. Many of the equally skilled small-man groups are on vacation because there is no one to kill.