Gandalf-Abbadon-Riverside

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

Nah, Norreka is always serious 100% of the time! Cause WvW is serious business you know! … eh…

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

I have to say that Abbadon’s is the single most blobby server I’ve ever known by a mile the fact that they build siege in open field fights with those numbers as well, is a bit- idk I just don’t see how you guys can call this playing the game.

Anyways I had some nice insta-disconnects yesterday, once when the super-uber-multiplying-AM-blob hit us at Redlake, then when they did the same thing on the way out of Hills lord room after breaking their way in via only friction of their face-rubbing, the entire area was covered in red names, I pity anyone you ‘fight’ against in the future

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

you are the same as we are, as every server is.

lol … no

Every server has zergs, AM has nothing but zergs. Cowardly zergs that wont fight unless they outnumber you 3:1.
You are without doubt the WORST server I’ve ever had the misfortune to fight.
Your pretty much an advertisement for everything wrong with the game.

[Dius]

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

RS and Gandalfs u better b careful now, our commander became crazy :o We can only hear his laugh while fighting and we are building flame rams on Veteran Guards. Mabye it´s because of some missing sleep :s Event still running

The rams… they’re a distraction! For the guards! I think I can… grasp… -bwuk- his… thoughts.

I’m a moa. BWUK! o_O

Kwa-kwu kooo bwuk bak buk – Kwi wao kwuuuuk.

Google translator: From now on I will only speak moa-ish in match-up thread.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Crular.9762

Crular.9762

lol … no

Every server has zergs, AM has nothing but zergs. Cowardly zergs that wont fight unless they outnumber you 3:1.

All I read in your post is frustration. Just stop playing WvW until the week is over. I can also say I am glad to get rid of your server, as I am tired of reading the whining in this thread, it’s really getting annoying. It is absolutely ridiculous saying your server doesn’t zerg when I see it every day. And gasp I also see members of your guild in this pug zergs of yours all the time. So stop pretending you are the culmination of first class WvW gameplay for once in a while.

You think Riverside is leading because they don’t zerg? Of course they also do, and they have even bigger numbers than we have. I guess you would faint from rage if you ever had the misfortune to compete against Vizunah Square. In this bracket there isn’t a single server who doesn’t have zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: Viking.1285

Viking.1285

lol … no

Thats right. Because we are the Zerg

Attachments:

[LNS]Lina Invers
Elementalmage
Legion Night Stalker – We stalk the Night

in WvW

Nauda.3678

We are the swarm! Armies will be shattered! Worlds will burn!

in WvW

Posted by: Karahol.9840

Karahol.9840

lol … no

And the funny thing is that these players will soon have titles like Gold Legend and some hundreds of WEXP to spend on their siege masteries in order to play… even better this game!

Nah, it’s no good. It was ok before the buffed ACs. Now it’s just a game for german/french servers and with the random matchups you can’t even avoid playing against them.

Aurora Glade’s [Emergency Heroes]

in WvW

Caid.4932

lol … no

All I read in your post is frustration. Just stop playing WvW until the week is over. I can also say I am glad to get rid of your server, as I am tired of reading the whining in this thread, it’s really getting annoying. It is absolutely ridiculous saying your server doesn’t zerg when I see it every day. And gasp I also see members of your guild in this pug zergs of yours all the time. So stop pretending you are the culmination of first class WvW gameplay for once in a while.

You think Riverside is leading because they don’t zerg? Of course they also do, and they have even bigger numbers than we have. I guess you would faint from rage if you ever had the misfortune to compete against Vizunah Square. In this bracket there isn’t a single server who doesn’t have zergs.

Learn to read – “Every server has zergs”. Our (dius) commander is leading a zerg right now. Were nothing special, your just dire
The problem with AM is they do nothing but zerg … ever. Your also cowards so you should probably get used to the whining because every server you run into will point out that fighting you is a boring chore

[Dius]

in WvW

Crular.9762

lol … no

Learn to read – “Every server has zergs”. Our (dius) commander is leading a zerg right now. Were nothing special, your just dire
The problem with AM is they do nothing but zerg … ever. Your also cowards so you should probably get used to the whining because every server you run into will point out that fighting you is a boring chore

I run solo 99% of the time, so stop generalizing please, because I find that insulting. What’s cowardly about running solo? Do I call everyone from your server a coward, because when met alone he will run from a 1vs1 in 9 out 10 times? Newsflash, they do. And so do players on our server and every bloody other one too. Do you see me in the forums gloating around and boasting and calling your server outright crap? No, you don’t. Guess that comes with the age.

in WvW

Caid.4932

lol … no

I run solo 99% of the time, so stop generalizing please, because I find that insulting. What’s cowardly about running solo? Do I call everyone from your server a coward, because when met alone he will run from a 1vs1 in 9 out 10 times? Newsflash, they do. And so do players on our server and every bloody other one too. Do you see me in the forums gloating around and boasting and calling your server outright crap? No, you don’t. Guess that comes with the age.

Every server has a personality and every server has exceptions. RS like their siege and bunkering down. Piken have (or had) lots of guild groups etc etc etc. Doesn’t mean every single player on piken is in a guild group or is into them fights, just the majority.
You have a blob, thats pretty much it.

I run away from 1v1’s when possible – im not a fan of dueling and i play a tanky spec so its pretty pointless tbh because 9/10 of duels end in a stalemate till one or the other of us get zerged down.
A 40 man group running away from 20 is pretty bloody cowardly though and it happens regularly against AM. They’ll just sit in a tower till 20 more show up then zerg you down 3:1. They cant claim they dont like group fights, they just done like fights they dont stand a chance in hell of not winning (because they’re cowards).

When you post a video saying every server is the same as yours, people will laugh at you because your not and being compared to you in any way shape or form is insulting

Who’s gloating exactly?

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in WvW

Immolator.5640

AM Solo Player? Shouldn’t someone make a meme about that?

All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

lol funny thread

3-5 second skill lag & d/cs at spawn are killing me this week, no chance I can play when it’s this bad.

sort it out anet!

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Well… haters gonna hate, I guess.

Enjoy the game and if you can’t, just take a WvW break for a week.
You are so focused on our PUG zerg that you can’t see the rest, it seems. Better insult everybody, cuz that’s what we do on teh interwebs.

Try to relax, buddy.
;)

Btt:
Great fights with a small Gandara group on their BL. If you read this, we will be back later today on RS. Hope we’ll meet again >:)

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in WvW

Crular.9762

lol … no

Every server has a personality and every server has exceptions. RS like their siege and bunkering down. Piken have (or had) lots of guild groups etc etc etc

I run away from 1v1’s when possible – im not a fan of dueling and i play a tanky spec so its pretty pointless tbh because 9/10 of duels end in a stalemate till one or the other of us get zerged down.
A 40 man group running away from 20 is pretty bloody cowardly though and it happens regularly against AM. They’ll just sit in a tower till 20 more show up then zerg you down 3:1. They cant claim they dont like group fights, they just done like fights they dont stand a chance in hell of not winning (because they’re cowards).

When you post a video saying every server is the same as yours, people will laugh at you because your not and being compared to you in any way shape or form is insulting

Who’s gloating exactly?

Who’s not, really?

And maybe you should join your pug zergs once in a while and you’d see they are just as big as ours. Though I am pretty sure you already did, but somehow refuse to accept that fact. And what do you think will your opponent think, when he sees you running away from a 1vs1? Right, probably he will think: kitten coward. Can you see me posting such things here? Right, you can’t. Know why? Because that would be insulting and not fair. So what makes you think you have the right to come in here and insult me? Because that is what you did, as I happen to be a player on AM.

Now you tell us that you running away is due to your build and the futility of duelling because of that. And when our pug zergs prefer to use every advantage available to them (ACs, a keep, tower, whatever) I’d call that cleverness and a better strategic understanding than you obviously have. Maybe you should start doing that too and you’d stand a chance in this bracket. The only ridiculous thing is coming to the forums and telling us you are the better players, while losing the bracket. And don’t give me the lesser number thingie, cause you do have the numbers, you just seem to prefer not to play.

I mentioned EvE Online in this thread. You wouldn’t survive a single day in that game with this attitude and the community over there would outright laugh at you for posting the things you post here. Improvise, overcome, adapt.

in WvW

Nauda.3678

Something like this?
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/38254584.jpg
(http://memegenerator.net/instance/38254584)

(edited by Nauda.3678)

in WvW

Caid.4932

I’m having more fun than I expected actually but thats due to RS being quite fun this week. I have actually noticed you rage … try not to zerg you down and give out to guildies when they do but they’re a bloodthirsty lot and they know better than to listen to me anyway.
You really dont have much outside the pug zerg anyway and yes i am generalizing and being a bit of a hypocrite in parts but hey … this is the internet, i have to

[Dius]

in WvW

Crular.9762

There are lots of solo players on AM, just because you don’t see them doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Could be due to the fact that they avoid your pro guild zergs. Yes, zergs, to me as a solo player that’s exactly what they are. Somehow everything is relative, isn’t it?

in WvW

Caid.4932

lol … no

Every server has a personality and every server has exceptions. RS like their siege and bunkering down. Piken have (or had) lots of guild groups etc etc etc

Who’s gloating exactly?

Who’s not, really?

And maybe you should join your pug zergs once in a while and you’d see they are just as big as ours. Though I am pretty sure you already did, but somehow refuse to accept that fact. And what do you think will your opponent think, when he sees you running away from a 1vs1? Right, probably he will think: kitten coward. Can you see me posting such things here? Right, you can’t. Know why? Because that would be insulting and not fair. So what makes you think you have the right to come in here and insult me? Because that is what you did, as I happen to be a player on AM.

Now you tell us that you running away is due to your build and the futility of duelling because of that. And when our pug zergs prefer to use every advantage available to them (ACs, a keep, tower, whatever) I’d call that cleverness and a better strategic understanding than you obviously have. Maybe you should start doing that too and you’d stand a chance in this bracket. The only ridiculous thing is coming to the forums and telling us you are the better players, while losing the bracket. And don’t give me the lesser number thingie, cause you do have the numbers, you just seem to prefer not to play.

I mentioned EvE Online in this thread. You wouldn’t survive a single day in that game with this attitude and the community over there would outright laugh at you for posting the things you post here. Improvise, overcome, adapt.

Call me a coward if you like, im not going to throw a hissy fit about it. And i was in a zerg 5 mins ago … lead by a guildie.
How many advantages does your pug zerg need before fighting exactly? Is double our numbers, a tower to fall back to if they’re getting low on health and an ac raining crap down on us not enough?
Being a coward is a very effective strategy in this game, doesn’t mean im going to respect you for it.

[Dius]

in WvW

Crular.9762

Something like this?
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/38254584.jpg
(http://memegenerator.net/instance/38254584)

Who gave you a picture of me?

in WvW

Immolator.5640

There are lots of solo players on AM, just because you don’t see them doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Could be due to the fact that they avoid your pro guild zergs. Yes, zergs, to me as a solo player that’s exactly what they are. Somehow everything is relative, isn’t it?

Mmmhmm, I’m a duellist anyway, roaming I do as well, but I spend all of it fighting 8 to about >9000 enemies because no one else goes solo. That’s why I used to spend time in the puzzle duelling and also just normal duelling. My guild zergs are far from pro; if you want pro go to Dius or DYE or something.

in WvW

Crular.9762

Call me a coward if you like, im not going to throw a hissy fit about it. And i was in a zerg 5 mins ago … lead by a guildie.
How many advantages does your pug zerg need before fighting exactly? Is double our numbers, a tower to fall back to if they’re getting low on health and an ac raining crap down on us not enough?
Being a coward is a very effective strategy in this game, doesn’t mean im going to respect you for it.

And I should respect you for running away from a fair 1vs1 then?

in WvW

Nauda.3678

Who gave you a picture of me?

I googled: “Only AM-Player who runs solo” ;D

Anyway time to join the swarm again! runs off like a little zergling

in WvW

Caid.4932

And I should respect you for running away from a fair 1vs1 then?

Certainly not as a duelist, no. But then i dont attack you, see thakittens not an easy win and run away then come back with 3 guys to zerg you down do i?

Anet fix your dumb profanity filter pls

[Dius]

in WvW

Crular.9762

Mmmhmm, I’m a duellist anyway, roaming I do as well, but I spend all of it fighting 8 to about >9000 enemies because no one else goes solo. That’s why I used to spend time in the puzzle duelling and also just normal duelling. My guild zergs are far from pro; if you want pro go to Dius or DYE or something.

You think it is different for me? For every 1vs1 I find there are of course dozens of interrupted ones by your zerg or “pro” guild groups who would of course never gank a solo player as mentioned earlier in this thread.

in WvW

Caid.4932

You think it is different for me? For every 1vs1 I find there are of course dozens of interrupted ones by your zerg or “pro” guild groups who would of course never gank a solo player as mentioned earlier in this thread.

try not to zerg you down and give out to guildies when they do but they’re a bloodthirsty lot and they know better than to listen to me anyway.

What was that lol?
Stop putting words in our mouth, no one claimed to be pro or said we never gank smaller numbers. Doesn’t stop your server from being the blobbiest, most cowardly server ive fought.

If you saw a ‘pro’ 5 man gandaran group run away from you then come back with 10 to kill you then you’d have a point but you dont. Your the exception on AM

[Dius]

in WvW

Crular.9762

Certainly not as a duelist, no. But then i dont attack you, see thakittens not an easy win and run away then come back with 3 guys to zerg you down do i?

Anet fix your dumb profanity filter pls

See? Everything is relative. I could respect you for running quite good guild groups (though I really don’t know, as I haven’t met you due to the reasons I said), but as WvW players I simply can’t either, because you don’t pose a threat to the goal of this game mode: being number one at the end of the week. What you and your kind lack is a GvG mode, in WvW you are clearly misplaced. Maybe time to move on to another game?

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

I respect your choice For the zerg, whatever, you like that. I can respect the concept of every server having zergs, I just led one on GBL. I will have to question this however.

So we have the entire map bar Greenbriar and skirmishes with RS at south bay. Next thing we know we’re outmanned and Hills + lake have been rushed by the infamous [DP] Mega blob. Okay whatever, mega blobs, expected this. Made our own to counter yours.

What annoys me is that even with THAT MANY, as soon as you get competition you leave the map… after ONE wipe/loss? Now remove Gandara from the picture here. RS hit hills and clearly wiped you guys as they came away with the keep. As SOON as that fight was over however, our outmanned debuff goes and AM is outmanned. For srs? Where’s the fight in you guys? Changing maps because a situation is hopeless is one thing, changing maps after the lightest bit of resistance however. o.0 (Ofcourse before you all freak out, not the entirety of AM does it blah blah whatever you get my point)

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Crular.9762

What was that lol?
Stop putting words in our mouth, no one claimed to be pro or said we never gank smaller numbers. Doesn’t stop your server from being the blobbiest, most cowardly server ive fought.

If you saw a ‘pro’ 5 man gandaran group run away from you then come back with 10 to kill you then you’d have a point but you dont. Your the exception on AM

I saw guild groups, and I mean really guild groups, no randoms in it, going out of their way to gank me. And I also saw them laughing afterwards and jumping up and down on my corpse. What would you call that? Do you see me running here bickering and insulting your server because of those incidents? Just remove your rose-tinted glasses for a couple of minutes and accept the fact that there are jerks/cowards and all other kind of players on every server.

I just find it funny, that all other servers also have pleasant things to say, but all you can do is whine, complain and insult our whole server-community.

in WvW

Nauda.3678

I respect your choice For the zerg, whatever, you like that. I can respect the concept of every server having zergs, I just led one on GBL. I will have to question this however.

So we have the entire map bar Greenbriar and skirmishes with RS at south bay. Next thing we know we’re outmanned and Hills + lake have been rushed by the infamous [DP] Mega blob. Okay whatever, mega blobs, expected this. Made our own to counter yours.

What annoys me is that even with THAT MANY, as soon as you get competition you leave the map… after ONE wipe/loss? Now remove Gandara from the picture here. RS hit hills and clearly wiped you guys as they came away with the keep. As SOON as that fight was over however, our outmanned debuff goes and AM is outmanned. For srs? Where’s the fight in you guys? Changing maps because a situation is hopeless is one thing, changing maps after the lightest bit of resistance however. o.0 (Ofcourse before you all freak out, not the entirety of AM does it blah blah whatever you get my point)

Well most of the time our zerg leaves to attack at another position. When the RS Zerg joins a map it is a good moment for us to attack their keeps for example. Or sometimes we have to go and defend our stuff on antoher map. It’s all about hit&run and attack at an enemies weak point.

in WvW

Crular.9762

Well most of the time our zerg leaves to attack at another position. When the RS Zerg joins a map it is a good moment for us to attack their keeps for example. Or sometimes we have to go and defend our stuff on antoher map. It’s all about hit&run and attack at an enemies weak point.

And that’s exactly what Gandara, or at least the ones posting here, can’t seem to understand. What they want seems to be an arena in which they can fight “fair” fights. WvW is a simulation of a war between three parties. Do you expect fairness here? I expect every party to use every bloody advantage they can get a hold of and will respect them for doing exactly that. What I do not respect are people whining all the time about the unfairness. If there would be any real WvW player on your server he would post here and back me up on that.

in WvW

Caid.4932

What was that lol?

I saw guild groups, and I mean really guild groups, no randoms in it, going out of their way to gank me. And I also saw them laughing afterwards and jumping up and down on my corpse. What would you call that? Do you see me running here bickering and insulting your server because of those incidents? Just remove your rose-tinted glasses for a couple of minutes and accept the fact that there are jerks/cowards and all other kind of players on every server.

I just find it funny, that all other servers also have pleasant things to say, but all you can do is whine, complain and insult our whole server-community.

I’d call that lame and cowardly and they should be ashamed of themselves. I stand by the opinion that each server has an overriding personality and yours isn’t one to be proud of

As for your other post i dont think the point of this game is to finish 1st, I think its to have fun (which i do most days).
I suspect you feel the same because roaming on your own just doesn’t achieve much score wise, does it

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in WvW

Crular.9762

I’d call that lame and cowardly and they should be ashamed of themselves. I stand by the opinion that each server has an overriding personality and yours isn’t one to be proud of

And what exactly does your server have to be proud of, if I may ask?

in WvW

KinkyWarrior.1879

I gathered that, it’s just… don’t you guys appreciate a good fight that gets your adrenaline going and it comes down to the wire? Remove the fairness aspect to this, just outnumbered, outnumbering, fair numbers all that. I’m obviously bias coming from my standpoint of view. I can understand playing for points and all that you guys do, but do you guys not find it boring attacking empty keeps/towers without many defenders? Don’t you like those massive sieges with loads of fighting where you can test your skills?

I don’t expect fairness Crular just, your server seems (keyword) to not find ANY enjoyment in fighting at all. It seems to be ALL about the points. Again I may be Bias from my standpoint in that people on my server will forsake an easy cap for an epic battle.

I suppose the whole playing for points 100% is alien to me.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Nauda.3678

Well we get tense fights in keeps because just because we hope to catch the enemy of guard that doesn’t always work. Ask RS about the fight in garrison and bay on AM-BL today:P THAT was nice.

(edited by Nauda.3678)

in WvW

Crular.9762

I gathered that, it’s just… don’t you guys appreciate a good fight that gets your adrenaline going and it comes down to the wire? Remove the fairness aspect to this, just outnumbered, outnumbering, fair numbers all that. I’m obviously bias coming from my standpoint of view. I can understand playing for points and all that you guys do, but do you guys not find it boring attacking empty keeps/towers without many defenders? Don’t you like those massive sieges with loads of fighting where you can test your skills?

I don’t expect fairness Crular just, your server seems (keyword) to not find ANY enjoyment in fighting at all. It seems to be ALL about the points. Again I may be Bias from my standpoint in that people on my server will forsake an easy cap for an epic battle.

I suppose the whole playing for points 100% is alien to me.

I do enjoy a good fight. But if I want fair fights with equal numbers I join a sPvP game or tPvP. WvW isn’t about having arena fights. So all of you coming in here and complaining about not getting such fights in WvW is strange. That’s why I said it seems to me, you are in the wrong game or at least the wrong game mode. Bluntly put, your server is quite bad in playing this mode. And now it seems we know why that is the case. You just do not play it the way it is meant to be played. Nothing to do with lack of skill, you just expect something from WvW which it simply isn’t.

But complaining and insulting servers who accept this concept of a game mode and play it to win is ridiculous. All the complainers should reflect about it and accept that they play the wrong game it seems. There are lots of other games offering exactly the game modes you are looking for. Why not play sPvP or tPvP? That is the obvious choice for players like you. I just don’t get why you want to persuade others to play WvW the way you want it to be?

in WvW

Caid.4932

And what exactly does your server have to be proud of, if I may ask?

Well i cant speak for my server, im one player at the end of the day. Proud is probably a silly word too, its a game i dont take much pride in it.

I just try to have fun, I try not to make anyone else’s experience a miserable one (friend or foe). If i see a 5 man group when were wandering about in the evening ill ignore them if they make some vague effort to stay out of our way (if they attack us im going to kill them obviously and some guildies dont feel the same way) as they’re no threat to us and there would be no challenge in killing them.

Spvp is fighting 5v5 over small points – most of the fights that take place are 1v1 or 2v2 or some variaton on the above. Against many servers we find many enjoyable fights of the kind we enjoy. Its not about fair, its about a challenge anyway

If people play a game to win it but the method of winning is one thats boring, dull and offers no fun then … I cant understand why you’d do that. Theres many ways to win regardless, having fun fights and winning aren’t mutually exclusive

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in WvW

Posted by: Viking.1285

Viking.1285

Maybe they had to go to a different borderland to defend one of our points? Please think before you post.

[LNS]Lina Invers
Elementalmage
Legion Night Stalker – We stalk the Night

in WvW

Crular.9762

As for your other post i dont think the point of this game is to finish 1st, I think its to have fun (which i do most days).
I suspect you feel the same because roaming on your own just doesn’t achieve much score wise, does it

Why shouldn’t that achieve something? I gank dolyaks, prevent others from flipping supply camps, gank the odd slow ones from joining their zerg (which you do not have of course……j/k). And I often try to prevent your thieves from ganking our slower players who want to join our zerg.

But of course I also play just for the lulz from time to time.

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I have been able to catch some 1vs1 against AMs, but most of the time it’s just some stragglers from the bigger blob that got left behind and then the blob turns back and steamrolls over me. So Crular or whoever happens to solo roam, if you are interested in some fancy 1vs1, please PM me :>

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

If there would be any real WvW player on your server he would post here and back me up on that.

I normally play on WvW, and I’m sitting here writing this, guess I’m kinda real, at least i was last time I checked.

The difference between a real war and WvW is pretty big, while a simulation, it’s meant to be fun – real war isn’t. Duels, epic sieges, open battles, tactics, all this can contribute – you seem to choose solo dueling (forum-warrior-tease: I guess you are an eazymode thief?)

And I guess what you call whining and moaning is what people consider to be a fun way to play. Some people find ONLY points (the simulation of wining) fun, plenty (can’t say %) of Gandarans find WvW with equal numbers fun. A 11 vs 11 football match if you wish. Points are nice, but is not the only focus.

The more you write the more it seems you trying to make your point the only valid one while accusing a whole server of whining (since you hate generalisations, apply it to yourself)

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

(edited by Xenn.3809)

in WvW

KinkyWarrior.1879

Maybe they had to go to a different borderland to defend one of our points? Please think before you post.

I thought. Considering most sizable forces from all servers were on GBL, wasn’t the case.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Caid.4932

Why shouldn’t that achieve something? I gank dolyaks, prevent others from flipping supply camps, gank the odd slow ones from joining their zerg (which you do not have of course……j/k). And I often try to prevent your thieves from ganking our slower players who want to join our zerg.

But of course I also play just for the lulz from time to time.

You’d be more effective joining the blob probably though. You solo roam because you enjoy doing it despite it being less effective score wise.
The effectiveness of the solo roamer is another debate that i dont particularly want to get into anyway. I think it should be more effective than it is personally.

We try to get others to play the game the way we enjoy and try and get anet to change the mechanics to split up 80 man blobs because its a brainless, boring way to play the game and fighting it is a bit of a chore – you cant use any skills other than auto attack and you fps drops to slideshow levels.
WvW changes either due to dev changes or just people changing the way they play and the recent meta of getting one blob and zerging from point to point is silly and dull imo.

[Dius]

in WvW

Crular.9762

If there would be any real WvW player on your server he would post here and back me up on that.

I normally play on WvW, and I’m sitting here writing this, guess I’m kinda real, at least i was last time I checked.

The difference between a real war and WvW is pretty big, while a simulation, it’s meant to be fun – real war isn’t. Duels, epic sieges, open battles, tactics, all this can contribute – you seem to choose solo dueling (forum-warrior-tease: I guess you are an eazymode thief?)

And I guess what you call whining and moaning is what people consider to be a fun way to play. Some people find points (the simulation of wining) fun, plenty (can’t say %) of Gandarans find WvW with equals fun.

The more you write the more it seems you trying to make your point the only valid one while accusing a whole server of whining (since you hate generalisations, apply it to yourself)

I just wanted to draw out others to chime in, with that statement. Of course it was a generalization. The fact remains, WvW is about conquering and holding objectives. Complaining about people who exactly do that is stupid. If you expected something different from WvW it isn’t the fault of those people, but yours alone.

I do not run solo because I like duelling, I just run solo most of the time because there is only one player left in my guild and because I try to stay away from huge fights due to the lags. And no, I am no eazy-mode-thief, in fact no thief at all. I am a bunker BM condition ranger.

in WvW

Crular.9762

You’d be more effective joining the blob probably though. You solo roam because you enjoy doing it despite it being less effective score wise.
The effectiveness of the solo roamer is another debate that i dont particularly want to get into anyway. I think it should be more effective than it is personally.

We try to get others to play the game the way we enjoy and try and get anet to change the mechanics to split up 80 man blobs because its a brainless, boring way to play the game and fighting it is a bit of a chore – you cant use any skills other than auto attack and you fps drops to slideshow levels.
WvW changes either due to dev changes or just people changing the way they play and the recent meta of getting one blob and zerging from point to point is silly and dull imo.

I do join the zerg from time to time, and I also help others achieving objectives in WvW. I am not hell-bent on staying solo, it just happens to be that way most of the time.

About the other thing. Well, AM plays WvW Arenanet seems to want it to be played. You can’t kitten a whole server because of that. As i said repeatedly, maybe this game isn’t the one you are looking for.

in WvW

KinkyWarrior.1879

I do enjoy a good fight. But if I want fair fights with equal numbers I join a sPvP game or tPvP. WvW isn’t about having arena fights. So all of you coming in here and complaining about not getting such fights in WvW is strange. That’s why I said it seems to me, you are in the wrong game or at least the wrong game mode. Bluntly put, your server is quite bad in playing this mode. And now it seems we know why that is the case. You just do not play it the way it is meant to be played. Nothing to do with lack of skill, you just expect something from WvW which it simply isn’t.

But complaining and insulting servers who accept this concept of a game mode and play it to win is ridiculous. All the complainers should reflect about it and accept that they play the wrong game it seems. There are lots of other games offering exactly the game modes you are looking for. Why not play sPvP or tPvP? That is the obvious choice for players like you. I just don’t get why you want to persuade others to play WvW the way you want it to be?

You instantly focused on the ‘Fair’ point here. I said to forget fair numbers whatever I wasn’t even mentioning numbers. I did however mention your servers will to fight seemed to be lacking.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Forget about it Dius, these guys have completely different motivations. They don’t play for the same reasons we do. They don’t care about the PvP aspect, just the WXP train, their titles, and their loot. It’s not about finding a challenging fight for these guys like it is for us, just gathering the biggest numbers and hoping they grossly outnumber the enemyso that the train never has to stop.

But once Abbadon gets thrown against a higher tier, they’ll be crushed. Everyone knows this, I doubt the AM guys can deny it. Without a dedicated player base or understanding of strategy the WXP trainers will all ditch the game, which is unfortunate for the small minority of real WvW players on the server.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

KinkyWarrior.1879

I do join the zerg from time to time, and I also help others achieving objectives in WvW. I am not hell-bent on staying solo, it just happens to be that way most of the time.

About the other thing. Well, AM plays WvW Arenanet seems to want it to be played. You can’t kitten a whole server because of that. As i said repeatedly, maybe this game isn’t the one you are looking for.

I highly doubt ANet wants WvW to be played with minimal amount of actual PvP and to be dictated by coverage. But Talley is right, your motivations are different and I highly doubt we’ll come to an understanding of each other and so I shall leave it there personally. Whether my guildies continue to comment or not is up to them and, as has been already, will be their own opinion on matters.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Caid.4932

There really aren’t many alternatives on the wvw front. I would like it to be different on many levels but … i guess everyone does for different reasons. I do think people should ignore the score because the more i play the more irrelvant it seems to me.
Best case scenario gandara goes point crazy and we end up back in T3 against BB and Piken. From past experience I know we cant compete against them, both have pretty huge off peak populations and we struggle against yours and RS’s despite them being tiny by comparison.
Even if we were doing brilliantly in prime time (unlikely, our map would be t1 at best, theirs t3) we’d still lose by miles due to the offpeak scores.
We currently stay in T4 / 5 despite ignoring points which is about the right spot for our server population imo. This is the tier most suited to us so why bother going out of our way to rise to a tier that isn’t. Yes we’ll lose this week but who cares, RS aren’t going to gain anything from winning

At the end of the day the point of the game is to have fun and I just dont buy that anyone can enjoy playing in an 80 man group with the skill lag and fps that comes with it. I also dont buy that avoiding fights is fun or that having fights where the outcome is decided before they start are fun

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

I just wanted to draw out others to chime in, with that statement. Of course it was a generalization. The fact remains, WvW is about conquering and holding objectives. Complaining about people who exactly do that is stupid. If you expected something different from WvW it isn’t the fault of those people, but yours alone.

I do not run solo because I like duelling, I just run solo most of the time because there is only one player left in my guild and because I try to stay away from huge fights due to the lags. And no, I am no eazy-mode-thief, in fact no thief at all. I am a bunker BM condition ranger.

The tease was there to bait – you took it. I really don’t mind if you are a thief or not, they thrive solo and troll around, and while not completely happy with their current state they do serve a purpose.

As for the main objective of WvW, you are right, its holding and capturing, but saying its stupid to have expected something different its short-sighted (if we going to start insulting, lest make it fair and keep it on both sides) – Of course I expected something different, not only huge zergs – its Anet fault – WXP, karma trains, maps too small, Waypoints… all caters to that way of playing the game. This wheren’t my expectations, however, I still enjoy the game and will play it, just some weeks are more fun than others, depending on mentality of opponents.

There is a lot of animosity of this threads, but really boils down to: It’s not that AM are worthless opponents, is that they have been boring to play against for people with a different approach to the game (in general)

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu