Gandara vs. Baruch vs. Aurora v2.

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Gandara needs alliances with BB and Fly hackers to finish 2nd? wow.

Bro, put your tin foil hat away We’ve fought BB more than we fought AG. Ag are just more fun to fight 9/10 which is why you will see guilds maybe focusing you guys a bit more.

On the blob subject; Biggest Gandaran blob I’ve seen all week? 80 man, Biggest AG blob I’ve seen all week? 80 man, Biggest BB blob I’ve seen all week? 80 man

Either way been a blast of a week for Dius \o/

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

I dont know why we are talking about anyone blobbing. Most of this week on AG went like this:
Press B → Join AG Border → queue
→ Join EB → queue
→ Join BB/Gandara → outmanned buff.

Lets be realistic. If anything, AG lost because it has to few WvW players. :P

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Myrmidone.4362

Myrmidone.4362

@Slomo

Now you got some new ones from SFR, lets see how they fit.
Will be a nice and close matchup with Gandara,AG and RS.

Greets Myrmi

in WvW

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

I dont know why we are talking about anyone blobbing. Most of this week on AG went like this:
Press B -> Join AG Border -> queue
-> Join EB -> queue
-> Join BB/Gandara -> outmanned buff.

Yes, you have no players at all.

Attachments:

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

-> Join EB -> queue

to be realistics the numbers is not the main reason for the AG’s bad performance in www this week.

it matters only in open areas fights against zergs ( who has “it” bigger wins :p ). we know that we are facing a zerg ? commanders must choose only close areas for fight against them.

happened ? mostly no.

one day a commander ( i will not say who is ) asked in eb to build sieges inside SM and he went to take Mendon and he came with 10 people when the enemies broke the inner gate. the result was to loose it in 2 minutes …..

if our commanders don’t know what it matters for our server’s score , it is not our enemies fault who double score us ….

we all know that we have many new commanders and i hope the old ones that tired to guide the purgs educate them quickly …

else …we will stay here and we all day pvp in forums about NUMBERS

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Posted by: Dalo.3941

Dalo.3941

-> Join EB -> queue

8vs40+

Seemed like pretty good odds at the time :/

Ele – COG – Gandara

in WvW

Gamgee.8612

-> Join EB -> queue

8vs40+

Seemed like pretty good odds at the time :/

Well, we attacked anyway!

Slomo, as a Gandarian myself I know that we also have the outmanned buff very often, not as you say in our own borders and mostly not in EB, but most of the time in AG and BB. It’s the way it goes. If we are going to be realistic I don’t think Gandara have so much bigger wvw pop than AG that it’s the reason you loose. You have to look at your own server if you want to improve, you don’t have so few people that you can’t do anything against us.

in WvW

Posted by: Karahol.9840

Karahol.9840

I don’t think you do justice to Aurora Glade for this week’s performance. You may expect more but this game is a numbers game and also we don’t have many WvWvW focused guilds that cover with events 24/7 all maps.

Also, our gamestyle is semi-hardcore. We don’t siege up everything we own with 10 arrow carts per gate. We like to play it tough and risk a lot. Our individual players also don’t play tanky builds with warriors or guardians like Baruch Bay or Gandara. They play other classes that excel in small scale fighting but lose in zerg fights. Still, i believe that many of ours enjoy these fights a lot and won’t get bored of them.

And one last thing:
I see only screenshots before attacking Keeps or inside Keeps blaming for Blobs and such. Guys, learn to play the game. If all your other structures are safe and one is in danger, everyone will gather there. If attackers want to take a structure with 10 defenders in and some tons of siege, they will have to have numbers. It’s only obvious!

So, Aurora Glade rocks even when we are losing big time!

Aurora Glade’s [Emergency Heroes]

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

I don’t think you do justice to Aurora Glade for this week’s performance. You may expect more but this game is a numbers game and also we don’t have many WvWvW focused guilds that cover with events 24/7 all maps.

Maybe, but it was a lot closer last week which is why the people claiming it is purely ‘wvw population’ reason for AG to go from 20k behind 1st last week to 100k this week need to possibly look at other factors and do something about it.

As mentioned earlier AG might get some new faces so no more reeling out population excuses! It’ll be our turn to moan about it

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

(edited by Space.8053)

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

-> Join EB -> queue

Did you even read his post?

in WvW

Posted by: ZStefanovic.2475

ZStefanovic.2475

Fact is, AG has known better days. Its not the pugs fault or the guilds’, also defending our stuff is not entirely about numbers. It has been proven before that keeps/towers can be defended properly while being out manned. Using scouting, siege, choke points to your advantage can win you allot of battles.

In my opinion, we as a server have not stepped our game up the same as BB and Gandara have. Props to both servers for the progress you made compared to the other times we faced you.

Like mentioned before, AG has been going through a bit of community drama lately and personally i think it does have a small influence on our strength in WvW. Our prime time and night coverage is pretty good since its the prime time of most of our guilds. Daytime coverage is still a problem with us, we do have people running around but lack the coordination we have during prime/night.

Congratulations on the win BB! I have enjoyed this week allot and it was much fun fighting BB and Gandara.

Ps. for any guilds who are interested, FURY is still looking for GvG’s so let us know if you are up for some fights

Former [FURY] – Farming Orr since 1802
my stream: http://twitch.tv/Para_Streaming
All names start with Para

in WvW

Reborn.2934

@Karahol.9840 No , no and NO !

W3 is not a player numbers game.

we have defend sm with 30 people against 2 enemies zerg of 50+ ( both 100+ ) that attacked us from the three ways inside lord’s room for hours and we kept it .

This happened once ? No . it happened in garrison and in our keeps and towers many many times .

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Karahol.9840

W3 is a numbers game but you probably have never tried to defend a wooden door of a tower with 5 vs 50 who just dpsed the door placing no rams at all, even though 3 acs where firing at them and noone got killed.

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Gandara tends to lack coverage as well. It’s fine during primetime tho. Honestly, the day Anet adds awesome looking exclusive rewards in WvW, is the day Gandara will reign supreme. So much PvE players will flock towards it :p

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

W3 is a numbers game but you probably have never tried to defend a wooden door of a tower with 5 vs 50 who just dpsed the door placing no rams at all, even though 3 acs where firing at them and noone got killed.

Don’t hate the YOLObus dude.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

Have to say BB have made things incredibly boring this week…

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

in WvW

Gamgee.8612

-> Join EB -> queue

No, I made a quote because it’s pointless and so much fun comes of it. What’s your point?

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

-> Join EB -> queue

No, I made a quote because it’s pointless and so much fun comes of it. What’s your point?

That explains it then.

in WvW

Reborn.2934

i have defend only keeps and sm wooden , never tower in these numbers , because in the whole strategy towers means nothing .you earn 10 points for towers when the keep gives 25 and sm gives 35. if you successful defend sm and your keep in eb is like you have 6 towers when the whole eb map has 12 towers!

the whole w3 game is about strategy and time of what and where do all players in the map as a team or separated teams and it doesn’t matter and counts the personal / guild score of enemy kills.

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Don’t hate the player – hate the game…

Baruch deserved to win – they had better coverage, they played their strenghts and took advantage of ours and Aurora weaknesses.
Congratulations and good luck in T3.

Thanks mate.

Best regards,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Dont know how all this started, but just to stay clear: I dislike the fact, that AG lost this matchup because we didnt lose hard enough to drop a tier. I think dropping a tier would clear some heads and bring some fresh gameplay! So I dont mind losing. But I wished we would lose it harder.

@Slomo

Now you got some new ones from SFR, lets see how they fit.
Will be a nice and close matchup with Gandara,AG and RS.

Greets Myrmi

I am really exited for this! If they left SFR, they should be motivated enogh to ignore the scores and drama and just play the game. This is what this server leaks the most imo.

Thanks for posting a screen of the people that are responsible for the queue. If I could see the names I would whisper everyone of them next time I am in queue.

Also, our gamestyle is semi-hardcore. We don’t siege up everything we own with 10 arrow carts per gate. We like to play it tough and risk a lot. Our individual players also don’t play tanky builds with warriors or guardians like Baruch Bay or Gandara. They play other classes that excel in small scale fighting but lose in zerg fights. Still, i believe that many of ours enjoy these fights a lot and won’t get bored of them.

And one last thing:
I see only screenshots before attacking Keeps or inside Keeps blaming for Blobs and such. Guys, learn to play the game. If all your other structures are safe and one is in danger, everyone will gather there. If attackers want to take a structure with 10 defenders in and some tons of siege, they will have to have numbers. It’s only obvious!

So, Aurora Glade rocks even when we are losing big time!

I disagree with so much in this posting. I dont know where to start.
1st: It is a numbers game. But if the numbers can be close or x1.5 size for one side, it wouldnt matter with propper organisation.
Wich we dont have because there are very few good PUG commanders left. Also this whole drama thing going on isnt really motivating for many people.

Our playstile is semi-hardcore? How did that happen?
As far as I can tell our playstyle is mostly fighting and attacking. Rarely I ever meet someone defending or more importantly SCOUTING something. If our playstyle would be something-hardcore, we would have scouts all over the place like Gandara has. People are too afraid of missing out some WXP and loot to be just scouting.
And most guilds cant afford to leave 2 players behind for every objective in order to have a chance if they meet enemy groups of players.
Also the fact that sieging something almost equals throwing supply at the objective means that:
Defense -> No rewards!
Scouting -> Little rewards, might get slaughtered by a group of enemys, cant afford that!
Attacking -> LOOT, WXP GIMME MOAR!!!!!!
Sadly this mentality got into the heads of many good guilds too.

Last point however is true. And a flaw of the map design. What do you attack if you dont have anything in a BL?
Closest tower to your spawn. So you trigger the siegerazer, go cap a camp in the hopes that someone will try to recap the camp instead of defending the tower, and pray that your plan works. However, almost noone will stay at the tower and create a fortified position. Everyone will try to smash their heads into the next Keep…

Combine this with the fact other servers have actually people who go and defend stuff instead of arriving 5 minutes after flipping, and you can explain the score.

Cheers. I hope TDS will have a nice time again.

From Slomo with love. <3

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Not the most interesting week in WvW, but the large coverage BB had this week meant there was plenty of people to fight. Shame it’s been a little imbalanced (at least in the early hours of the morning) with AG numbers too low and BB numbers too high with Gandara kind of middling to low also. I enjoyed bunkering down in our garrison or EB keep to hold off the BB tidal wave though. It’s just a shame we haven’t had enough people to defend all fronts from superior numbers. I think BB will probably find more competition in the early hours of the morning when they move up a tier.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Hey all:)

Gz on moving up BB ….. you meet FG now on PS …… DsD lets get this party started haha.
Old friends meets Macarena crew :P

/Salute

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

in WvW

Posted by: MorkZe.4321

MorkZe.4321

Epic fights around Bay in AG BL. Really liked the 10 min lord room fight with loads of AG and BB streaming in there constantly with us trying to hang in the crossfire as long as possible but eventually AG emerged victorious.
Baruch really loved our little group though, chasing us so many times, especially near the south camp where you followed us all around the windmill. You guys wanted to give us a hug or something or maybe just missed us for not being on your map today? ^^

[DYE] – Dry Your Eyes | Gandara
Rottis – Mesmer | Hyrskytin – Engineer | Rullakebab – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Nemesys.7251

Nemesys.7251

And one last thing:
I see only screenshots before attacking Keeps or inside Keeps blaming for Blobs and such. Guys, learn to play the game.

find the difference

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

http://oncewerenoobs.shivtr.com/

in WvW

Karahol.9840

From which BL is this video and with what upgrades on Towers/Keeps?
Seeing both Bay and Hills Green, it must be Gandara BL and AG had taken south Towers. And judging from the numbers of your players at the end, wiping “reddies”, if AG ever wanted to take a Keep, the attack would need another 30 to be successful and fast. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Why do even people try to find reasons to why they lost and blame these reasons? And why do people describe a SERVERS playstyle based on personal opinions or some kitten you read on your guilds forum. Just kittening stop it. You are making a fool out of yourselves.

If your server lost its because you kittening LOST! Not because you play a class that excel at 1vs1! Not because you saw a Gandara and BB zerg run past eachother once! And certainly not because you didn´t have the “numbers”.

I am on Gandara and we lost this week cause we got outmatched by BB in our low coverage hours and, well lets call it co ordination, during prime time.

So tin foil hats of, excuses put to rest and heads out of kittening kitten AG you lost! Gandara we lost! I hope AG gets some more guild action going with their recent transfers for god knows it is needed. For BB congrats on your promotion. For Riverside. Nice to see you again. Lets see how you play now.

… kittening excuses!

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in WvW

Posted by: ZStefanovic.2475

ZStefanovic.2475

Now come on BB have a sense of humor! here we are with our army of Bulls and you just attack and chase us!

We did take our revenge by taking your lootbags once we went out of transformation

bullrun + awesome fights afterwards in this video:
http://www.twitch.tv/furyguild/b/390008409

Former [FURY] – Farming Orr since 1802
my stream: http://twitch.tv/Para_Streaming
All names start with Para

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Ah well, on to the next blob thread, this one is over!

Reset will be here soon, so all Gandarans: It’s time for bed, let the other two servers fight over who is best at reset

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold