Gift of Battle Feedback [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

The GoB may not have been doing it’s job, but countless players have gotten their legendaries without playing the intended amount of WvW now, so I see the change as pointless. If Anet wants legendaries that truly show mastery of every game mode, they need new ones that nobody has ever obtained in an easier way.

Whether you see the change as pointless doesn’t matter. This is like saying you’ve already driven over a broken road so you don’t see any point in fixing the road.

You saying they should unchange it is like saying they should re-break the road because…?

Your analogy is flawed. You don’t need “mastery” in wvw to get a legendary now either. Just need to pointlessly stand around for 8 kittening hours doing nothing constructive. The road is still broken, nothing got fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Your analogy is flawed. You don’t need “mastery” in wvw to get a legendary now either. Just need to pointlessly stand around for 8 kittening hours doing nothing constructive. The road is still broken, nothing got fixed.

you have to master the button to enter wvw

does that count

because you didn’t before

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

cranos.5913

you have to master the button to enter wvw

does that count

because you didn’t before

Yes you did. You had to go to the merchant.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Anet,

Speaking as someone that is WvW Rank 3029 with presently 37K BoH, 6800+ hours of play (90% of which has been in WvW) and who has 12 legendaries… how YOU decided to communicate this GoB acquisition change to the GW2 community deserves a grade of a “D-“ IMHO. This change doesn’t really affect me, but I feel bad for all the PVE’ers that are being shafted. Just reading some of the heart felt (and/or justifiably angry) comments from long time GW1/GW2 patrons that feel extremely let down by the way this change was poorly communicated and how it affects them is unsettling and upsetting.

To my fellow WvW’ers:

This kind of thing can happen to any of us (PVE’ers, WvW’ers, sPvPer’s, Dung/Frac/Raid runners, etc) if this kind of communication approach is repeated with something of this magnitude. As some of us have been doing I’m sure, try to be compassionate and help the PVE’ers when you see them in WvW working on their GoB. We all know what it’s like to do a game mode that we don’t really care for. But it’s that much easier, and can even be made “fun”, if we’re offered a helping hand from the Knowledgeable Community. Be that Big Brother/Sister for them!

And, Anet, for the record – yes, technically, you did notify the Community prior to the GoB acquisition change going into effect via the release notes in April – buried in sub-section “WvW” in paragraph 42, line 317. However, I would suggest using a much more visible way of communicating changes of this magnitude in the future, such as on the client loading screen (as others have mentioned), or my all time favorite — the IN-GAME Mailing system. If you would have sent a letter 1 to 2 weeks prior to just the accounts that had any BoH’s, it would have made many people in this 12 page thread aware of what was happening and when imo. And perhaps this is the kind of change that should have gone out to everyone… period. Like how you’ve sent out letters to everyone in the past when new content is released, containing a link to an NPC. (It would have been really NICE to have linked the GoB NPC in an official Anet letter to the Community.)

With the above said, I think the proper thing to do now would be to first address this thread (there is nothing here presently from Anet), and then provide the GoB NPC vendor for a limited time, which is then communicated via the IN-GAME mailing system so your patrons have a decent chance of knowing what’s to come regarding this situation.

Thank you, sincerely!

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Anet,

Snipped

Thank you, sincerely!

Well thought out… Well put forward… Cheers !!!

Edit: That was a long quote.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

(edited by Loosmaster.8263)

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Why does Anet require WvWers to go into pve and complete content/grind pve for theirs?

Easy answer? Because they spent years making that content and want everyone to experience and see it all atleast once if they want the shiniest shinies in the game.
Also, current Legendaries are completely based around PvE events/lore etc.. WvW plays a minimal part in their stories.. It would be cool if they added some WvW-based Legendaries though, and that grind should take place mostly in WvW.

WvW isn’t a punishment. It’s actually quite fun if you spend more than an hour in it. It’s teamwork and strategy unlike any dungeon you’ll crawl. My best guess is this is Anets way of trying to get people to try all content.

It isn’t a punishment.. if you enjoy it.
If you hate the game mode, it is.
For instance, I love doing world exploration, and have done it 100% on 4 separate characters even though I’ve only had use for 2 Gifts of Exploration, but I can still see why someone that doesn’t enjoy it feels they’re being “punished” by being “forced” to do it.

Prior to this game I hated hated hated anything pvp. But I never really truly tried it. Dipped my toe in, got jumped, and went yep, it’s just what everyone else says it is. Gankfest. But I just had an opinion, without truly testing it for myself, based on 10 minutes of play and what everyone else says about pvp.

Good for you that you gave it more than a 10 minute try then. However, not everyone decided they “hate WvW” based on 10 minutes of doing it.. I’m WvW rank 422, which means I’ve spent a lot more than 10 minutes in there, heck I’ve spent more than 10 days in there.. I enjoyed it more in the past, but since our server has become quite crappy, and lost a lot of commanders/serious WvW guilds, I’ve somewhat lost interest. If we have one commander in ONE of the Borderlands OR EB, that’s good….
I’ve already more than fulfilled the old requirement(s) to buy my Gifts of Battle.
I have already completed
Aquire 500 Badges of Honor
which then changed to
Aquire 500 Badges of Honor and gain WvW rank 30
which was in turn changed to
Aquire 500 Badges of Honor and gain WvW rank 14
since they thought it was a bit harsh to force people to gain 30 whole WvW ranks after a lot of people already did…
Now all these previous requirements and all the time and effort that went into more than fulfilling them, have been nullified. And it stings. Get it? We’ve earned a reward and now it’s been taken away and put behind even more obstacles. In a game mode that is no longer fun/rewarding.

Anet forcing the OCD in me to get map completion forced me to hang out in WvW for a couple of days while I got my POIs. Couple that with a welcoming map commander who helped me to get them, then I felt obliged to stick around and pitch in for the team.

Took me minimum 3 separate matchups every time (had to be every colour since some PoIs just didn’t become ours when I was in there and/or commanders were not helpful in obtaining them). I also did it on all 4 characters, before they removed it as a requirement (because forcing PvE:ers to do WvW was apparently a bad idea, remember this way of thinking ArenaNet?).. Yay for even more wasted time!

Now I cannot think of any game mode I love more — simply because other players are unpredictable; it keeps the game fresh, and forces you to think. And there’s something utterly gratifying when you stake your first enemy after faceplanting (learning) so many times before. It leads to wanting to learn/hone your class further and then eventually handle 2v1s with little to no effort. And that invests you into your character further.

Nice that you feel this way, but it doesn’t mean everyone does. Not everyone enjoys PvP at all (there’s a reason certain other games have PvP and PvE servers for instance). There’s a reason WvW is a separate game mode from PvE. Not everyone enjoys “following the blue dorito” around for hours on end (assuming there even is one).

Not everyone enjoys the system that the WvW Reward track is using either. Honestly, I’d rather have it directly connected to WXP gain instead of some separate tick that takes “ages” to ramp up to max and then just has to be maintained by completing menial tasks. The current system just punishes those that don’t have a lot of time to spend in one go and is easily “cheated” by those that have hours upon hours. It also doesn’t work with all the boosters that it should work with.. xP
And no, I don’t give a flying squirrel that I “could have voted” on it earlier, I wasn’t interested since it didn’t directly affect me, so don’t bother going there.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

But that’s just the thing. I never follow the blue Dorito. I scout. And that independence that helps my team fits me. I like that my call outs get responded to. That people trust me. That we are part of a team, with many different functions besides blobbing.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Najten.2418

But that’s just the thing. I never follow the blue Dorito. I scout. And that independence that helps my team fits me. I like that my call outs get responded to. That people trust me. That we are part of a team, with many different functions besides blobbing.

And you enjoy doing that, and should continue to do that, but I don’t. I don’t enjoy WvW a fraction as much as I used to, and therefore I don’t want to do it more than I absolutely have to. To me it doesn’t matter if I’m in a strike team, or solo roaming, or following the dorito.. it’s just not fun to me any more.

in WvW

cranos.5913

Lemme tell you how this is happening. Build up participation by doing a few camps or smth then afk for hours on end capping a ruin every 10min-ish.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Lemme tell you how this is happening. Build up participation by doing a few camps or smth then afk for hours on end capping a ruin every 10min-ish.

I rarely join squads either. Not in it for the loot.

And you enjoy doing that, and should continue to do that, but I don’t. I don’t enjoy WvW a fraction as much as I used to, and therefore I don’t want to do it more than I absolutely have to. To me it doesn’t matter if I’m in a strike team, or solo roaming, or following the dorito.. it’s just not fun to me any more.

Then don’t get a legendary if it’s no fun for you. It doesn’t really affect your gameplay if you have one or not. The choice is yours.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Make Gift of Battle and Exploration interchangable where one can be used as a substitute for the other. So you could have 2x gift of exploration or 2x Gift of Battle.

WvWers won’t have to map complete, and pve’rs don’t have to WvW.

Then toss in PvP as a 3rd choice.

I dunno, would anyone get mad?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Najten.2418

Then don’t get a legendary if it’s no fun for you. It doesn’t really affect your gameplay if you have one or not. The choice is yours.

Again you’re completely missing the point. After spending 3 weeks and close to 2500 gold doing different collections, crafting, farming, events etc.. you think 8 hours of boring content is going to stop me? I’m gonna sit here and go “NOPE. DID ALL THIS WORK AND WAS ONLY THE GIFT OF BATTLE AWAY BUT WVW IS BORING.. GUESS I’LL NEVER FINISH THIS THING NOW”. Hell no. But, this is the situation that will make me enter WvW and sit there moaning for 8 hours straight, doing menial boring as f crap like killing Dolyaks or repairing walls, when I wanted to go do something else 7.5 hours ago. It’s what will make me QQ in this thread cuz the new system is a pointless change from a system that received very few (if any?) complaints, the reward track itself is close to worthless except for the end reward, and I now feel like my previous work in WvW is completely nullified, stepped on, and crapped on by the WvW devs.

(edited by Najten.2418)

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

I’m a WvW’er player… I made Nevermore because I really wanted it… So I was pushed to play PvE… I finished my HoT storyline and grinded to get masteries and using as many xp boosters to get xp and finish map completion… It was absolutely God awful and I’d never do it again. I spent way too much gold on making the precursor to give up. I spent way more time doing that than getting a Gift of Battle. It is just part of the process now. If it was always this way no one would say anything… The point is sometimes when you really want something you have to do some things you really don’t want to do… or in my case a helluvalot of crap I didn’t want to do. Do a little at a time get your dailies to give you a boost then go back to PvE or whatever it is you like to do.

in WvW

Najten.2418

I’m a WvW’er player… I made Nevermore because I really wanted it… So I was pushed to play PvE… I finished my HoT storyline and grinded to get masteries and using as many xp boosters to get xp and finish map completion… It was absolutely God awful and I’d never do it again. I spent way too much gold on making the precursor to give up. I spent way more time doing that than getting a Gift of Battle. It is just part of the process now. If it was always this way no one would say anything… The point is sometimes when you really want something you have to do some things you really don’t want to do… or in my case a helluvalot of crap I didn’t want to do. Do a little at a time get your dailies to give you a boost then go back to PvE or whatever it is you like to do.

Dito. Therefore, the Gift of Battle aquisition became a cursefest rather than a gamebreaker. For me it just sucked to, at the original finishline of Chuka and Champawat, have another 8-12 hours (depending on grind ammount) thrown in my face instead of visiting the expected vendor. I’m quite certain you would’ve been equally grumpy. Enjoy your staff though, it’s gorgeous. I’m enjoying my bow and my cute Tiger Cub Backpack.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeristoreine.9351

Aeristoreine.9351

Anet,

This kind of thing can happen to any of us (PVE’ers, WvW’ers, sPvPer’s, Dung/Frac/Raid runners, etc) if this kind of communication approach is repeated with something of this magnitude.

This guy/lady here made a very good and well thought out comment, and I just want to raise a very strong point mentioned by him/her. Have you considered that this abrupt change and failure in maintaining sufficient communication with players is the real problem to this 12 pages rant/debate/discussion here? I believe there were massive changes that were not well communicated to players which led to massive outrage by the community as well, one of it was the karma change.

Before WvWers go raging on PvEr’s for not going to wvw and vice versa, can we take a step back and address this issue with ANET instead. Why is their communication channel so flawed? Im pretty sure if they were to revamp old legendaries weapons to includeRaid/fractal reward tracks without PRIOR notice (doesnt exist yet, and i know of the legend backpacks but exclude them, lets just say the weapons), all of you SPVP and WvW players will go crazy too.

The biggest flaw in this case, is the failure to maintain good communication.

EDIT: right now im more concerned about how they manage their communication with players than the change with GOB. Now its GOB, next could be much drastic. And see how ANET is hiding behind the scene, being so passive about this change when theres so much feedback by players. Im worried about their selective communication.

(edited by Aeristoreine.9351)

in WvW

cranos.5913

I rarely join squads either. Not in it for the loot.

That’s beside the point. It’s ppl literally just afking at ruins for hours. Multiple servers at the same ruin, no one fighting, just afk capping. This is a better solution to how it was before? Please. It just adds grind for no reason.

in WvW

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I believe there were massive changes that were not well communicated to players which led to massive outrage by the community as well, one of it was the karma change.

Changes were not communicated to players at all. Small note in a wvw beta part of the wall of patch notes released months ago is not communication.

in WvW

Posted by: Bandito Baba.4921

Bandito Baba.4921

So I log in, 5k badges of honor, enough for 10 gifts of battle… wait, no, the vendors have been “removed from the game” and I now have to do a wvw title track instead of using currency I worked hard to get over a year ago. This seems very much like Anet want to increase the number of people doing WvW and instead of adding content (I assumed I paid for the expansion so that new content would be added, my bad) they just move things around so I have to play how they want me to play.

I feel like my time is being wasted, again, thanks for showing me how much you value veteran players like myself, again. Seriously there is no reason the vendors could not have been left in the game, let people in wvw get l33t lootz – absolutely – force people to WvW – lame.

in WvW

Posted by: sydney.4901

sydney.4901

Welcome to most WvWers opinion of HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

So I log in, 5k badges of honor, enough for 10 gifts of battle… wait, no, the vendors have been “removed from the game” and I now have to do a wvw title track instead of using currency I worked hard to get over a year ago. This seems very much like Anet want to increase the number of people doing WvW and instead of adding content (I assumed I paid for the expansion so that new content would be added, my bad) they just move things around so I have to play how they want me to play.

I feel like my time is being wasted, again, thanks for showing me how much you value veteran players like myself, again. Seriously there is no reason the vendors could not have been left in the game, let people in wvw get l33t lootz – absolutely – force people to WvW – lame.

This has already been discussed ad-nauseam here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Gift-of-Battle-Feedback-merged

Sorry you didn’t see that discussion… but your thread will likely be merged into that one. There’s likely nothing that’s going to be said here that wasn’t said somewhere there.

Mods, if you do merge the thread, please delete my post.

Thanx,

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

The gift of battle reward track forces PvE players who want legendaries to be in WvW for a period of time to FARM the thing.

I had to go spend hours upon hours in PvE land trying to get my gift of exploration and I am a WvW player who hates to do PvE. PvE players should be forced to play my game mode just like I am forced to play theirs if they want legendaries like I did. I think ANet put the gift of battle perfectly in line with how much of a pain it is to do PvE for WvW players like myself.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Personal experience:
I read the patchnotes but forgot about it until I finished the leaf of kudzu last week. Lots of misuse of kittens and even cats later, I dusted off my wvw ranger (yes, ranger, I don’t claim to be sane) who’d been in storage for 2 years, and and spent a few hours being pounded into the ground by BG. The next day I did the same, and on the third day I got my GoB.
I got sick of wvw 2 years ago and hadn’t set foot in there since, but I really wanted that bow, so.. I still don’t like wvw, but I’m ok with spending a few hours getting a gift of Battle by doing some battles.

on Anet’s communication skills:
This was a rather big change and all we got was a few lines in the wvw beta section months before the change goes live… Anet, all the kittens in this and similar threads, it’s up to you to find new homes for them. Your track record lately is a long list of pr-disasters and your reputation steers all ahead full towards the reef of massive ineptitude. Please change course soon, before you slam into those rocks.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

in WvW

cranos.5913

PvE players should be forced to play my game mode just like I am forced to play theirs if they want legendaries like I did.

And why is this exactly?

in WvW

Posted by: Dahmerkitten.1385

Dahmerkitten.1385

I am so dissapointed with this change.

I am on Ehmry Bay- and as such, i’ve been merged into HoD for WvW.

No sense of community. No communication. I asked the commander for their TS information to try and org with them- Notta, no response what-so-ever.

and why should they? HoD isn’t Ebay. If anything they have been our competitor for years. Why would they be decent or inclusive to me?

We we’re getting stomped. Of course. So after about a 30 minute que and wiping to the same the large zerg 4 times- cause ya know- Why try to actually contribute by taking something else, or being defensive when we can just run up and face roll into a massive zerg… I deiced to go into EoTM.

Well- EoTM isn’t any better- in terms of progression for the tracks. I stayed a full 4 hours and only got to the Champ Hound box- 3 in.

I heard it takes EIGHT hours of in game time to finish the track. And much higher than that in EoTM.

For 1 track. 8 hours.

I just- can’t. I have had the precurser to Flameseeker prophises in my bank for a while now, but i’m just going to let it rot and uninstall. I’ve spent enough money on this game- I’m not going to spend even more to server change and go full range and zerg around on BG or whatever.

Nothing more that i hate than getting streamlined and forced into content.

I want to choose what i do. – these tracks were intended for pvpers and wvwers to avoid PvE.

I’m done.

in WvW

Dahmerkitten.1385

@XTR.9604 and others:

In addition to what i’ve just posted- i’ve already heard/and seen Afkers.

People that gain a little bit of xp- wait 9 or so minutes…Kill something else- Wait again.

It’s becoming progressively more common.

I find it funny how WvWer’s are over here with grins on there faces thinking this is a positive thing- or that it’s actually good for your community.

Here- let me put into perspective for ya-

1.) You now have PvEers filling up your ranks- Whom you now how to carry-who don’t know the maps, or wth is going on- In zerk gear! Grats! Best be getting your healing hands ready!

2.) You now have afkers filling up your que spots at night! How does that feel! Must feel great, knowing that each night while your in que- there is someone like me tagging a mob and than chilling at the keep every 9 minutes not doing squat.

It feels soo good right! What a fantastic change!

in WvW

cranos.5913

@XTR.9604 and others:

People that gain a little bit of xp- wait 9 or so minutes…Kill something else- Wait again.

I find it funny how WvWer’s are over here with grins on there faces thinking this is a positive thing- or that it’s actually good for your community.

1.) You now have PvEers filling up your ranks- Whom you now how to carry-who don’t know the maps, or wth is going on- In zerk gear! Grats! Best be getting your healing hands ready!

2.) You now have afkers filling up your que spots at night! How does that feel! Must feel great, knowing that each night while your in que- there is someone like me tagging a mob and than chilling at the keep every 9 minutes not doing squat.

It wouldn’t even be so bad if WvW was even slightly playable right now, but I’m in the same boat as you. There’s rly no enjoyment whatsoever in getting trampled to death by the german horde and being outnumbered on every map. It’s basically choosing between daytime afk farm or a 30min + queue on primetime for which I would have to sacrifice valuable game time with friends in PvE. Not only that, to actually participate in the game mode you suddenly need an entire new set of gear to be slightly useful. Commanders will even shout at you for not coming on ts.

As horrible as map completion is, it’s by no means gated by any of that. You can do it whenever, solo, in whatever gear you want to use.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

@XTR.9604 and others:

That’s your problem there. A lot of the WvW players who are super excited about this don’t actually think it will improve WvW. They are just so immature that they are wetting their pants because now PvE players will have to “suffer” a game mode they don’t prefer just how WvW players have always had to “suffer” through PvE to get a legendary. They don’t think this will improve WvW they are just excited to see other players being forced to play a game mode they don’t enjoy

in WvW

Dahmerkitten.1385

@OriOri

Really? wow.

Talk about the nail in the coffin.

Once word spreads about how easy it is to afk thro these tracks.

There won’t be much of a WvW community left.- Not that there was a decent number of people left anyhow.

Sad.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Man I’m tired, sat reading through some pages of this, until it hit me "What the heck is a GoB?" had to check, and went like "oh, never cared for." That was a waste of my time reading this thread -_-’

Anyways, dragging PVE players through WvW tend to do bad things, even if I do miss my world completion of WvW maps. Like ArchonWing’s suggestion above, or something.

I think I threw away my gift of exploration, as I’d never going to use it anyways, and I’ll never bother getting a second one. Who the heck want one of those ugly skins anyways ? They’re literally the most ugly weapon skins in the game, even the starter weapon skins looks better.

Edit: Just had an idea, make GoB tradable, WvW’ers need another good income source!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

(edited by joneirikb.7506)

in WvW

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Anet,

This kind of thing can happen to any of us (PVE’ers, WvW’ers, sPvPer’s, Dung/Frac/Raid runners, etc) if this kind of communication approach is repeated with something of this magnitude.

This guy/lady here made a very good and well thought out comment, and I just want to raise a very strong point mentioned by him/her. Have you considered that this abrupt change and failure in maintaining sufficient communication with players is the real problem to this 12 pages rant/debate/discussion here? I believe there were massive changes that were not well communicated to players which led to massive outrage by the community as well, one of it was the karma change.

Before WvWers go raging on PvEr’s for not going to wvw and vice versa, can we take a step back and address this issue with ANET instead. Why is their communication channel so flawed? Im pretty sure if they were to revamp old legendaries weapons to includeRaid/fractal reward tracks without PRIOR notice (doesnt exist yet, and i know of the legend backpacks but exclude them, lets just say the weapons), all of you SPVP and WvW players will go crazy too.

The biggest flaw in this case, is the failure to maintain good communication.

EDIT: right now im more concerned about how they manage their communication with players than the change with GOB. Now its GOB, next could be much drastic. And see how ANET is hiding behind the scene, being so passive about this change when theres so much feedback by players. Im worried about their selective communication.

I hope they see the impact communications has on wvw and also on Legendary Weapons. It’s entirely they’re choice what happens with the gift of battle. The communications issue has an entirely different impact on us.
If the value of rewards we achieved suddenly lose their value because of selective communications, that tells me that buying a Legendary Weapon is the only safe way to go. Why gather components when they can become worthless. Selling is safer.
Why buy bags and slots and storage characters to collect all those components when it’s safer and cheaper to sell everything and then buy the Legendary Weapon?
If I’m saving up components, then I’m likely to use the market a lot, but If I’m saving gold, I’m likely avoiding the market. How does this work for Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Things like this makes me wonder what other changes going live in future we might have missed in the patch notes months ago.

in WvW

Posted by: enlightened.5396

enlightened.5396

The very fact that they have moved this post to the wvw forum speaks volumes for their poor communication.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

in WvW

Posted by: Emperor Ramzort.8043

Emperor Ramzort.8043

Krypto is spot on with his post. This is all about communication. I saw the blurb in the April patch notes. It said “when it leaves beta”, so I thought, “ok, so we’ll get a date when that will happen.” Two months pass, and I forget about the change because I assumed that ANet would communicate a date of when beta testing ends, you know, like most companies do. Nope. Patch update and the vendor is gone. Very poor communication. This is what makes me upset, not the fact the gift is in a WvW reward track.

Speaking of which, I just got my gift of battle after spending three days in WvW. In terms of the “legendary” journey, the time spent getting the gift wasn’t that bad. I’ve spent longer farming materials and events. However, I don’t see how this change helps WvW. During those three days, it was obvious which players were just there for the gift. I saw the same people as I capped ruins, killed sentries, and chilled at the garrison. Even from the opposing servers, you could tell. There was one time where a few us were capping a ruin and some invaders showed up. Nobody fought. They just waited until we were finished and moved on to the next ruin, and they capped that one. I found that rather humorous. Opposing servers working together to help players get the gift of battle.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Could it have been communicated better? Yes. A blog post that went into the whys and hows would have at least been seen by a greater swath of people. I generally read the whole novella of notes, and I even missed it.

I’m sorry that some of you are having a terrible time in WvW, though. If you’d rather not ‘work’ at it… join a squad, volunteer to scout, and ask for participation credit. You’ll get way more than you will being afk, and you can just netflix in the other screen while you watch a gate. I mean, anet is at fault here. Not your fellow players. You may think you’re really sticking it to us by being a rally bot/going afk/being bad at the game/etc. but 1) we’d have that crap with or without you, and 2) we’re not to blame.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Bandito Baba.4921

@ EphemeralWallaby.7643
It seems you misunderstand my point, I am not trying to discuss this as it is simple, Anet have screwed up again and it should be fixed (I doubt it will because they dont value their player base, we have had that proved over and over again).

If people just assume the opinion has already been expressed and say nothing then how is Anet to know how many people it has let down this time? No wait, it doesnt matter as they dont care, its funny as I used to recommend GW1 to friends and pre-HoT I even recommended GW2 – now I recommend people stay away from Anet and the guild wars franchise. Hell I only play because I have put in thousands of hours and have friends who play, amusingly that makes me exactly the veteran player (a.k.a. fool) Anet is going out of its way to exploit, the laughs on me :/

in WvW

Bandito Baba.4921

Personally I hate being forced to do content which has nothing to do with the reward one is trying to get, it smacks of a dev who doesnt have the ability to design good content and a game that is being run into the ground.

I worked hard to get enough badges of honor to get as many gifts of battle as I needed for legendary weapon crafting (I have crafted 4 so far, which is not a lot but is not insignificant either). I now find that the currency I worked for cannot be used for the reward I was working towards, sure I could have bought 10 extra just incase Anet decided to delete the vendor, but why would any dev do a stupid thing like that?.

Its the feeling that Anet is taking advantage of players that makes me so disappointed, rewards are supposed to be fun and this is simply a poor excuse to bump up the number of people in WvW, oh and by the way, you know that thing you worked for, were going to make it worthless for you, do have a nice day.

in WvW

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

My patience is getting thin with these kind of decisions which ultimately waste my precious time.
I don’t get it why was it so hard to warn people and/or leave the NPC for a time afterwards?

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you feel your post will be ignored, why post?

If you feel your post should be read, then it’s probably best to add your views to the existing thread, where the Devs are most likely to consider it.

Good luck.

in WvW

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

Since i do play all aspects of the game, PvE, PvP and WvW have over 10k of badges here’s an idea since i am working on both Nevermore and Chuka and both take a lot more than one GoB. Yes we do have the WvW track buff built but its still a slow go getting through the track so many times. Is it possible to make this reward track allow access to an npc where we could buy the Gift of battle after completing it once? This would allow us to have the option to buy the gift with wvw tokens or repeating the reward track for the gift.

in WvW

Posted by: Lysith.6194

Lysith.6194

Hey,

I came back a week ago after a few months pause to craft a legendary with the new precursor crafting system and once I finished my dusk I just couldn’t find the battle master. Started to think i’m crazy and look in every map but no, no battle master. so I came here and realized that I was like 2-4 weeks late and now I’m stuck doing WvW during 10 hours instead of spending my token.

I have to admit that I didn’t see that coming and I’m pretty sad to have to do this before crafting my twilight but that’s life. Never lucky.

in WvW

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

The gift of battle reward track forces PvE players who want legendaries to be in WvW for a period of time to FARM the thing.

I had to go spend hours upon hours in PvE land trying to get my gift of exploration and I am a WvW player who hates to do PvE. PvE players should be forced to play my game mode just like I am forced to play theirs if they want legendaries like I did. I think ANet put the gift of battle perfectly in line with how much of a pain it is to do PvE for WvW players like myself.

With petty people like you running around in WvW, who in their right mind would even want to go there? Wishing your own discomfort on others is just a sign that you’re not over it. And think about this: disgruntled PvE players in WvW can do a lot more damage than disgruntled WvW players in PvE. I’m not one of them, but if you’ve kept up to date on this discussion, you know there are plenty out there thinking about it, and probably plenty also doing it. But enjoy your WvW, if you even still do in its current state.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

With petty people like you running around in WvW, who in their right mind would even want to go there? Wishing your own discomfort on others is just a sign that you’re not over it. And think about this: disgruntled PvE players in WvW can do a lot more damage than disgruntled WvW players in PvE. I’m not one of them, but if you’ve kept up to date on this discussion, you know there are plenty out there thinking about it, and probably plenty also doing it. But enjoy your WvW, if you even still do in its current state.

WvW has had to deal with spies/sabotage since release. You will be a mere inconvenience to the mode at the current state it’s in. Your only detriment would be to have enough show up and que the maps.

There is no incentive to win, most want fights. The longer you just hang out doing nothing makes your track time longer. Just get in there and kill or die. You get participation either way.

Repairs are free

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

To be fair…

Light mention in 20k word patch notes that are easy to miss and don’t stand out.

“Once the reward track feature exits beta” is ambiguous.

It’s not ambiguous. They put up a poll asking if we thought reward tracks were good enough to come out of beta. The community voted yes, so ANet did exactly what they said they would, and logically did it in the next available update. GoB going to a track wasn’t a secret… If people can’t be bothered to look at the patch notes and focus in on the mode of gameplay they play in then that’s on them.

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

in WvW

cranos.5913

The longer you just hang out doing nothing makes your track time longer.

Not at all, once you have max participation which doesn’t take long capping a single ruin every 10min is enough to keep it on max.

in WvW

cranos.5913

To be fair…

Light mention in 20k word patch notes that are easy to miss and don’t stand out.

It’s not ambiguous. They put up a poll asking if we thought reward tracks were good enough to come out of beta. The community voted yes, so ANet did exactly what they said they would, and logically did it in the next available update. GoB going to a track wasn’t a secret… If people can’t be bothered to look at the patch notes and focus in on the mode of gameplay they play in then that’s on them.

No it’s not on them. Considering the only ppl affected by this are the ppl who don’t like wvw it’s incredibly bad communication. Even more so since I never got a message about said poll.

Great voting btw guys. System works like a charm. Afk to win woohoow!

in WvW

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

Actually, I don’t think that PvPers were aware of this poll. From my understanding, you only get notifications about polls if you are an active WvW player and the info is sent via in-game mail. That is unless you actually logged onto the GW2 webpage and participated in the poll via the link.

Either way, it still boils down to a universal problem at the source of all of this: Very poor communication on ANet’s part to ensure that everyone was up-to-date and aware of what is going on.

in WvW

TheNecrosanct.4028

WvW has had to deal with spies/sabotage since release. You will be a mere inconvenience to the mode at the current state it’s in. Your only detriment would be to have enough show up and que the maps.

There is no incentive to win, most want fights. The longer you just hang out doing nothing makes your track time longer. Just get in there and kill or die. You get participation either way.

Repairs are free

Oh, don’t worry, I won’t be going to WvW. I’ve taken a cue from ANet and indefinitely suspended work on legendaries. xD

in WvW

Jayne.9251

WvWers tend to have a low tolerance for people who want things given to them.

Threatening to be disruptive and “do a lot more damage” is against the ToS and likely will lose you not only your legendary, but your entire account. Because we have had years of trolls in WvW, most are exceptionally good at documenting with videos and logs, so god love the one who tries.

If you just stand there, you’ll just get ganked. Go participate, you might find you actually enjoy it.

in WvW

TheNecrosanct.4028

WvWers tend to have a low tolerance for people who want things given to them.

Threatening to be disruptive and “do a lot more damage” is against the ToS and likely will lose you not only your legendary, but your entire account. Because we have had years of trolls in WvW, most are exceptionally good at documenting with videos and logs, so god love the one who tries.

If you just stand there, you’ll just get ganked. Go participate, you might find you actually enjoy it.

Been there, done that. Don’t enjoy it. Which is why I don’t go back.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

To be fair…

Without an actual date of said “exits beta” it becomes ambiguous.

Oh yeah, that 20k word patch note…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)