Gift of Battle rank requirement update

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

We will be removing all rank requirements for the Gift of Battle in the February 18th build and further evaluate what those requirements will be. We do not currently have an ETA for when rank requirements will be reinstated.

Nice, can you remove the PVE requirements from stuff for WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

We will be removing all rank requirements for the Gift of Battle in the February 18th build and further evaluate what those requirements will be. We do not currently have an ETA for when rank requirements will be reinstated.

Nice, can you remove the PVE requirements from stuff for WvW players?

No complaints from WvWers about PvE requirements, huh guys? (please, spare me your “but PvEers complain far more than we do.” You claimed none. Claim refuted>)

in WvW

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I do not PvE. I do not want to PvE. I do not want to be told I have to Pve. I want a nice shiny toy with all possible stats awailable too, so what should I do to make this “moratorium on ‘kitten you, WvW players’” inactive?

If you don’t want to PvE then you shouldn’t have to. Players should not have to participate in content that they do not enjoy in order to get the rewards that they want.

I hate map completion in pve. I hate doing the karma heart events. I do not want to do karma heart events and explore every inch of a pve map while my friends are having fun battling in wvw. Where is my free pass?

Where indeed? Fight for that if it really bothers you, but two wrongs don’t make a right.

Ideally they would remove the WvW map locations from PvE World Completion, but then create a completely alternate way of earning a Gift of Exploration entirely through WvW, like by having to get all the current WvW exploration nodes, and then probably do a bunch of other stuff like personally capturing every keep and ruin and other capturable location on the maps, some sort of similar activities that would take as long to complete as it takes someone to do PvE World Completion.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

No complaints from WvWers about PvE requirements, huh guys? (please, spare me your “but PvEers complain far more than we do.” You claimed none. Claim refuted>)

Not all claimed none. So claim is not refuted for all.

I know I haven’t. Just said that I’ve seen more PvE’ers complain about the WvW requirements and only saw the WvW’ers mention their complaint on threads started by the PvE crowd as a “we have to do things we don’t like too.”

I don’t recall seeing a thread started by a WvW’er asking for any of the PvE requirements to disappear. That doesn’t mean they don’t exist, just that I haven’t seen any.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Personally speaking, I would split the Map Completion into PvE and WvW/PvP. Fully mapping one of either gives you one Gift of Exploration, so at the end of the day you still get the same number of Gifts, but you can just stick to the area you enjoy.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Please add a pvp rank and glory requirement, too.

Have it be in the R50 shop, costing 120k glory and 120g. (2x the price of a set of t3 currently)

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Have it be in the R50 shop, costing 120k glory and 120g. (2x the price of a set of t3 currently)

I support this, if you wanna be a legend you should have to play all 3 facet of the game….

Either that or you could make WvW/PvP Legendarys and finally give us a reward for playing what we enjoy ANET.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I made a thread about the solution, that would fit all, but it got buried :*(

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/edgeofthemists/Solution-for-PvE-ers-to-reach-rank-30/first#post3602202

in WvW

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

“and further evaluate what those requirements will be”

I only hope that you do not lessen it further. 30 ranks is nothing when you consider the time investment it takes to get the other components in the legendary.

Heck, it should cost even more. 50 ranks and 1000-1500 badges (considering you get so many free ones in achievement boxes)

I would prefer that they remove badges from achievement chests and have them earned instead of tying to rank. When the game first launched I played in WvW quite often, but then there were no ranks or WXP to be earned. WvW no longer interests me, precisely because of the ranks/abilites and the huge vertical progression that was introduced with them. I hate what WvW has become. “No! Only commanders drop siege — get off the catapult if you don’t have mastery — can we get people with mastery to operate the ram that we’re kittening about someone besides the commander dropping?!?”

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Who would have ever thought that the PvE cry-babies would get their way?

It just blows my mind that WvW players have been getting shafted for so long, and as soon as PvE players have one tiny thing that they have to WvW for, ANet instantly reverts their decision.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

in WvW

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

It just blows my mind that WvW players have been getting shafted for so long, and as soon as PvE players have one tiny thing that they have to WvW for, ANet instantly reverts their decision.

To be fair, they said that the rank requirement IS coming back at some point, and it is only being taken out because of “the way it is messaged in-game” at the moment. That sounds like the only reason they’re taking the rank requirement out might be because, as it is now, the Gift is not even visible at the vendor unless you have rank 30, so there is no way to know beforehand (in-game) that the thing even exists, or how you can get it.

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

To be fair, they said that the rank requirement IS coming back at some point, and it is only being taken out because of “the way it is messaged in-game” at the moment. That sounds like the only reason they’re taking the rank requirement out might be because, as it is now, the Gift is not even visible at the vendor unless you have rank 30, so there is no way to know beforehand (in-game) that the thing even exists, or how you can get it.

That’s just the nice PR way to put things.

The truth of the matter is that they’re reverting this change to give PvE players a chance to buy the item before the restriction goes live again to help smooth the outrage. Obviously they can’t say that, so they have to act like they need to make the change more transparent and other yada-yada. Honestly, they should have done that to begin with, but whatever.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Ruggs.8420

Ruggs.8420

That’s just the nice PR way to put things.

The truth of the matter is that they’re reverting this change to give PvE players a chance to buy the item before the restriction goes live again to help smooth the outrage. Obviously they can’t say that, so they have to act like they need to make the change more transparent and other yada-yada. Honestly, they should have done that to begin with, but whatever.

If I were to guess I’d say that the changes confused a lot of users. They prob. received a lot of support tickets by making this change. They prob. reverted it to tame down the support calls. <<Just a guess>>

in WvW

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Yes. lets see what the WvW community has to say about a decision that will affect people who play all/other aspects of the game.. Gee I wonder what insightful and informative input they will have..

10 mins later

’*make it harder!**

PUNISH THEM!!! MAKE THEM WVW LIKE WE DO!!!

It’s not faiR UnLesS EVEryoNe SuFfErS ThE SaME!!!

Ah excellent, excellent. Carry on.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

Yes. lets see what the WvW community has to say about a decision that will affect people who play all/other aspects of the game.. Gee I wonder what inciteful and informative input they will have..

10 mins later

’*make it harder!**

WvW players are forced to PvE a lot more than PvE players are forced to WvW. The rewards received between one and the other aren’t even comparable; PvE is the clear cut winner.

Any complaints about this have been met with floods of “WELL IF YOU DON’T WANT TO DO IT THEN NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO”.

It’s simply hypocritical at this point. You really want that Legendary? Then man up and get Rank 30 instead of complaining endlessly about lack of transparency or a proper notice.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Glad to see even more engaging and insightful commentary! :D

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

There’s nothing Legendary about PVE friend, other than the boredom.

I think people should have to play all 3 facets if they want the shiny weapon….Not just grind/buy/mommy credit your way to a skin….

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Gift of Battle. (Battle not required.)

Sounds like a punch-line waiting to happen.

Sounds like Anet managing and favouring PvE, agaaaain.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

Who would have ever thought that the PvE cry-babies would get their way?

Gift of Battle. (Battle not required.)

Sounds like a punch-line waiting to happen.

Sounds like Anet managing and favouring PvE, agaaaain.

Yes. lets see what the WvW community has to say about a decision that will affect people who play all/other aspects of the game.. Gee I wonder what inciteful and informative input they will have..

10 mins later

’*make it harder!**

WvW players are forced to PvE a lot more than PvE players are forced to WvW. The rewards received between one and the other aren’t even comparable; PvE is the clear cut winner.

Any complaints about this have been met with floods of “WELL IF YOU DON’T WANT TO DO IT THEN NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO”.

It’s simply hypocritical at this point. You really want that Legendary? Then man up and get Rank 30 instead of complaining endlessly about lack of transparency or a proper notice.

More of that complaining about PvE that WvWers never do!

(edited by Becka Williams.4978)

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The rank requirement was a step in the right direction, but let’s be honest: you can just buy rank 30 with the laurels and badges you get from achievement rewards in PvE.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Can you cite where a WvW player said that no one in the WvW community ever complains about PvE? I’m not sure why you’re so negative on this thread, when in the end WvW people are just asking for the exact same thing PvE people are.

In the end, it is obvious by just looking at what the requirements are that PvE people have to do much less gameplay they hate than WvW people. All WvW people are doing is pointing out that we don’t like PvE, just like many PvE’ers don’t like WvW. Most are just pointing out that while the PvE people don’t like having to do a little bit of WvW, WvW people in the end have to do much more gameplay we don’t like. And I have YET to see a legitimate reason why its ok for WvW players to have to do lots of PvE, but why PvE’ers shouldn’t have to do any WvW.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

(edited by Handin.4032)

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

Can you cite where a WvW player said that no one in the WvW community ever complains about PvE? I’m not sure why you’re so negative on this thread, when in the end WvW people are just asking for the exact same thing PvE people are.

WvW people complain for a year about how getting a legendary is IMPOSSIBLE to do with only WvW and having to do lots of PvE to get it, and we get nothing to help us. PvE people complain for 1 week about having actually do a TINY bit of ACTUAL WvW (not just running around waiting for completion asking people to take stuff for them), and it gets temporarily removed to “re-evaluate”.

If PvE’ers can get great shinies without having to really do WvW, can WvW people FINALLY get some real shinies that they can get only doing WvW? I mean, give a rest on the “new” masteries. Give us some WvW shinies (note: those “new” skins they gave us earlier this year weren’t even new…weren’t great…not really worth it for level 80 WvW players). Maybe if anet actually listened to their WvW people, instead of constantly pandering to the PvE masses, they’d get more money from us (heck, Im sure that quaggan finisher got them quite a bit!)

Maybe if WvWers didn’t circle around every possibility of PvEers being forced into world v world like sharks around a pile of chum, they might be more willing to do it. As it is, you guys look at PvEers as a cheap source of bags, and grief the hell out of them for the giggles. Why would they want to be forced into it, simply so they can be tormented?

Just saying, as someone who doesn’t wear full zerker gear, or do speed run stuff, I’ve been kicked from fractal and PvE dungeon groups plenty of times with people calling me a noob because I didn’t know the short cuts for speed runs, or went in as a condi mesmer instead of buying zerker gear. It goes both ways. The only difference is when WvW people “grief” (mostly just kill or camp a JP in a PvP area) the forums become ablaze with how horrible we WvW people are

Oh, I totally see your point. I see TONS of people in the dungeon forums saying “I can’t wait to kick some WvWer for not having zerker gear from my dungeon party. Gonna be so much fun! And then, and then, I’m going to call him a noob! BURN!” Meanwhile, I read a post on the forums about a WvWer that knocked a pveer off the last part for obisidian sanctum, jumped down, and started eating zaftaffy simply so they could vomit on the corpse. There’s a bit of a difference here, isn’t there?

It’s because PvEers consistently and constantly whine about the WvW requirements whenever they are actually required to set foot in WvW (before badges were given out in achieve chests and after this rank 30 change, EB JP during the LS, EoTM).

That whining is the direct cause of the negative reaction in the WvW community.

On the other hand, you never hear WvW players whining about PvE requirements for the Legendaries — they only even mention it as counters to PvE whining about WvW.

(btw, vomiting on corpses sounds awesome — I gotta try it!)

I’m sure you’ll say that’s just one person, and that he qualified in in the second part, but there you are. Done and done.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

WvW people complain for a year about how getting a legendary is IMPOSSIBLE to do with only WvW and having to do lots of PvE to get it, and we get nothing to help us. PvE people complain for 1 week about having actually do a TINY bit of ACTUAL WvW (not just running around waiting for completion asking people to take stuff for them), and it gets temporarily removed to “re-evaluate”.

If PvE’ers can get great shinies without having to really do WvW, can WvW people FINALLY get some real shinies that they can get only doing WvW? I mean, give a rest on the “new” masteries. Give us some WvW shinies (note: those “new” skins they gave us earlier this year weren’t even new…weren’t great…not really worth it for level 80 WvW players). Maybe if anet actually listened to their WvW people, instead of constantly pandering to the PvE masses, they’d get more money from us (heck, Im sure that quaggan finisher got them quite a bit!)

Maybe if WvWers didn’t circle around every possibility of PvEers being forced into world v world like sharks around a pile of chum, they might be more willing to do it. As it is, you guys look at PvEers as a cheap source of bags, and grief the hell out of them for the giggles. Why would they want to be forced into it, simply so they can be tormented?

Just saying, as someone who doesn’t wear full zerker gear, or do speed run stuff, I’ve been kicked from fractal and PvE dungeon groups plenty of times with people calling me a noob because I didn’t know the short cuts for speed runs, or went in as a condi mesmer instead of buying zerker gear. It goes both ways. The only difference is when WvW people “grief” (mostly just kill or camp a JP in a PvP area) the forums become ablaze with how horrible we WvW people are

Oh, I totally see your point. I see TONS of people in the dungeon forums saying “I can’t wait to kick some WvWer for not having zerker gear from my dungeon party. Gonna be so much fun! And then, and then, I’m going to call him a noob! BURN!” Meanwhile, I read a post on the forums about a WvWer that knocked a pveer off the last part for obisidian sanctum, jumped down, and started eating zaftaffy simply so they could vomit on the corpse. There’s a bit of a difference here, isn’t there?

It’s because PvEers consistently and constantly whine about the WvW requirements whenever they are actually required to set foot in WvW (before badges were given out in achieve chests and after this rank 30 change, EB JP during the LS, EoTM).

That whining is the direct cause of the negative reaction in the WvW community.

On the other hand, you never hear WvW players whining about PvE requirements for the Legendaries — they only even mention it as counters to PvE whining about WvW.

(btw, vomiting on corpses sounds awesome — I gotta try it!)

I’m sure you’ll say that’s just one person, and that he qualified in in the second part, but there you are. Done and done.

Not even close to done as even you noticed the qualification. Nice try though.

in WvW

Posted by: Clivar.3176

Clivar.3176

Yes. lets see what the WvW community has to say about a decision that will affect people who play all/other aspects of the game.. Gee I wonder what insightful and informative input they will have..

10 mins later

’*make it harder!**

Exactly this..

If they wish to have any constructive feedback whatsoever they shouldnt post it in a forum where only WvW players will look.

in WvW

Seera.5916

I’m not the one who told you to find the quote, but that’s just ONE PERSON.

You can not shoot down someone’s arguments based on other people’s claims. Regardless of whether or not they qualified it or not.

We’re not that person. Do not use that person’s claims to shoot ours down when we’ve stated otherwise. Thank you.

This coming from a PvE’er who had to go do WvW to get things for a legendary. So you can’t even say that I’m biased towards WvW’ers.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

yes we cried a lot when you got one rare item once a mounth and you made 1 gold a night in wvw if u was lucky and played all night. i think now our only problem is we need to play 6 time more pve to gain legendary as a pve player need to play wvw. i dont realy need one more legendary but pve is boring… while wvw is a learn to play pve is learn to not fall asleep.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

McWolfy.5924

I support this, if you wanna be a legend you should have to play all 3 facet of the game….

Either that or you could make WvW/PvP Legendarys and finally give us a reward for playing what we enjoy ANET.

WvW only legendary <3

Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

I’m for increasing it. 30 ranks is chump change.

I’m a PvX player with a slight tendency toward PvE; and despite that all of my alts are above rank 30 (including my in-progress level 40 necro). I have 5 alts, none of them have world completion but all of them have the WvW requirements.

Yeah rank 30 is nothing: especially with the upcoming WXP merge; you will only have to reach rank 30 once.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in WvW

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

Seriously, Anet has to stop forcing players in to modes they don’t want to play alltogether. I’m a WvW-player (when I was active, havn’t played since late december now) and I have enough ranks (and probably don’t want to build another Legendary anyways) but this is just stupid. It is lose-lose on both sides. PvE’ers don’t want to WvW but are forced to and WvW’ers get Maps filled with PvE’ers taking away from the experience (I’m not faulting PvE’ers here). Map completion, Season 1 Achievements, no this rank stuff. Anet, get it: Don’t force players to something they don’t want. You always said GW2 is about the players decision to do what they want. The reality ingame looks like the opposite.

in WvW

Seera.5916

Seriously, Anet has to stop forcing players in to modes they don’t want to play alltogether. I’m a WvW-player (when I was active, havn’t played since late december now) and I have enough ranks (and probably don’t want to build another Legendary anyways) but this is just stupid. It is lose-lose on both sides. PvE’ers don’t want to WvW but are forced to and WvW’ers get Maps filled with PvE’ers taking away from the experience (I’m not faulting PvE’ers here). Map completion, Season 1 Achievements, no this rank stuff. Anet, get it: Don’t force players to something they don’t want. You always said GW2 is about the players decision to do what they want. The reality ingame looks like the opposite.

So they shouldn’t offer anything to players to get them to try an aspect of the game they haven’t played yet?

As to legendaries, since you can use them in PvE and WvW, it only makes sense for their to be requirements that range both parts of the game.

WvW is not my cup of tea. I’m not that skilled so I knew going into it that I was going to die a lot. And no one likes dying.

But I needed it for the Gift of Exploration. So I went in. And found out I didn’t die as often as I thought. And that I found it mildly entertaining, though it won’t be something I do all that often.

If they had not put in the WvW maps as part of map completion and have that be how you get the Gifts of Exploration, then I would still have the same “first impression” of WvW that I had. That I would hate it.

Now how many PvE’ers went into WvW for whatever and found out they liked WvW more than PvE?

in WvW

McWolfy.5924

Personally speaking, I would split the Map Completion into PvE and WvW/PvP. Fully mapping one of either gives you one Gift of Exploration, so at the end of the day you still get the same number of Gifts, but you can just stick to the area you enjoy.

i could endure this

Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Enzo.2104

Enzo.2104

Remove the requirement. Thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

Thank you, Allie, for being reasonable.

PS. I don’t care what requirements should Gift of Battle have, it’s just that this kind of a nerf should be announced in advance. Since it wasn’t, it was only fair of ANet to temporarily revert the reqs.

Thanks again for listening to us.

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

why is this in wvw discussion?

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

why is this in wvw discussion?

Because they put a requirement to get rank 30 in WvW before you could purchase Gift of Battle.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Making hundreds (thousands?) of gold for legendaries is apparently easy but getting to rank 30 in WvW is hard and a fate so terrible it should not be inflicted on anyone against their will.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s hilarious that people are actually upset about this.
The less grind, the better I say.

It seems most wvw’ers are against this nerf out of pure contempt.
“We have to do pve things so now you have to suffer through wvw things!”

In my opinion, you should be able to get a legendary in multiple ways. Someone who only plays wvw should be able to get it and someone who only plays pve should be able to get it.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I, for one, approve of this upcoming change. When I reached level 80, I slowly started to realize there wasn’t a whole lot of endgame – farming a Legendary being the most realistic goal. It was either that or grinding WvW.

Now, two things stop me from playing WvW: one, I have a sort of bad pc, resulting in crashes a lot. Two, I simply do not enjoy PvP. I didn’t enjoy it in any of the games I’ve played so far, with perhaps the exception of Halo.

Realizing World Completion included WvW maps made me feel slightly uncomfortable – I don’t want to go there, I don’t want to get stuck in PvP fights. And this is really where it all starts.

PvEers should not be forced to play PvP. And PvPers shouldn’t be forced to play PvE. If someone doesn’t enjoy to play either, why all the rage? I don’t understand why people get so fed up because other people enjoy other things.

(I’ll be buying my Gift of Battle the 18th)

I agree 100%, dont force PvE players do PvP to get legendary, now go tell Anet make an alternate way to get legendary strictly through PvP. OH WAIT.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Seera.5916

I, for one, approve of this upcoming change. When I reached level 80, I slowly started to realize there wasn’t a whole lot of endgame – farming a Legendary being the most realistic goal. It was either that or grinding WvW.

Now, two things stop me from playing WvW: one, I have a sort of bad pc, resulting in crashes a lot. Two, I simply do not enjoy PvP. I didn’t enjoy it in any of the games I’ve played so far, with perhaps the exception of Halo.

Realizing World Completion included WvW maps made me feel slightly uncomfortable – I don’t want to go there, I don’t want to get stuck in PvP fights. And this is really where it all starts.

PvEers should not be forced to play PvP. And PvPers shouldn’t be forced to play PvE. If someone doesn’t enjoy to play either, why all the rage? I don’t understand why people get so fed up because other people enjoy other things.

(I’ll be buying my Gift of Battle the 18th)

I agree 100%, dont force PvE players do PvP to get legendary, now go tell Anet make an alternate way to get legendary strictly through PvP. OH WAIT.

Even with the change you can still get to rank 30 without doing any WvW.

Liquid Taste of World Experience. Cost is 2 laurels and 50 badges of honor per 5,000 wxp.

If you start at rank 0 it would cost the following to get to rank 30:

52 laurels and 1300 badges of honor.

All of which can be earned outside of WvW. It just increases the time to do so in an attempt to get players to play WvW if only for a few ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

So it seems that legendaries that were originally made to kind of prove you had done all aspects of the game and were a grinding fiend now should just be gotten by not having to do much of anything.
That was always the case. Just buy one from the TP, Just get out the old credit card and pay out the money if you don’t want to do the work that goes with it. Simple.
Frankly, I would like to see legendaries as account bound and never be for sale. Now that would make them meaningful. But then the TP would miss out on a lot of $$$.
I like the fact that you have to have a certain ranking to get gift of battle. It is not called gift of pve or gift of achievement chests or gift of immediate gratification – it is Gift of Battle.
I also think that you should have rank 100 before getting a commander tag. Silly me.

(edited by Foxgloved.3029)

in WvW

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

PvEr (and occasional WvWer) here ~Waves~

I see no problem at all with having a requirement for the gift of battle. Rank 50 would be OK by me, with everything else that crafting a legendary requires, that is small potatoes.

in WvW

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

I’m still not really seeing the problem here. You won’t get a surge of PvEers filling up your WvW zones (this is good, yes?) and it’ll be easy for both WvWers and PvEers to get the Gift. The only thing I’m really seeing here is people demanding other people join “their” games. Yes, I’m a PvEer. Yes, I’d like the occasional WvW if my pc could handle it. What I don’t like is this endless, seemingly meaningless discussion about who has sweat more to get their kitten.

No one hears you.

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

I’m still not really seeing the problem here. You won’t get a surge of PvEers filling up your WvW zones (this is good, yes?) and it’ll be easy for both WvWers and PvEers to get the Gift. The only thing I’m really seeing here is people demanding other people join “their” games. Yes, I’m a PvEer. Yes, I’d like the occasional WvW if my pc could handle it. What I don’t like is this endless, seemingly meaningless discussion about who has sweat more to get their kitten.

So you are saying that the Gift Of Battle shouldn’t need a WvW requirement? I would agree to that if I could get one Gift of Exploration for completing just the WvW maps.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

Well, between the time the rank requirement was patched in and today, I managed to get rank 30 and buy the gift (starting from having never done WvW at all before).

Also got two borderlands completed, one all but about 6 points, and EB all but a couple towers in one corner.

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It’s hilarious that people are actually upset about this.
The less grind, the better I say.

It seems most wvw’ers are against this nerf out of pure contempt.
“We have to do pve things so now you have to suffer through wvw things!”

In my opinion, you should be able to get a legendary in multiple ways. Someone who only plays wvw should be able to get it and someone who only plays pve should be able to get it.

Which would ENTIRELY miss the point of “mastery of all aspects of play”.

Legendaries, more than anything else in this game are NOT “play the way you like” undertakings. They are meant to be “play it all” capstones, and I’d say this and the vision crystals used in ascended gear are a strong sign that ANet is finally figuring out how to make that actually stick.

…Now if they just kill the absurdity of selling Legendaries we’ll be getting to an almost good place…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Arenanet, thank you for this decission.
To the rest. This is a temporary thing.
I was one of the people who complained/asked for it.
I do not like WvW but I do understand the requirement to do WvW and I actually agree with it.

The reason I complained is cause I have over 2000 badges of honour and could have got the gift of battle ages ago. The only reason I did not do so is that badges of honour doesnt take up bankspace. As with all of these kind of change it is good custom to communicate this. Just as they are warning people to use up their glory in the next month, or announced the change on karma.

So I’m thankfull they are seeing it was a mistake to ninja this change wihtout any warning and are rectifying it. I’ll make sure I buy my gift this tuesday directly, and I’m certai nthat 2 weeks later the level cap will be put back with a warning before hand both here and on the frontpage.

Thank you Arenanet for doing the decent thing!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in WvW

Posted by: Darfod.9375

Darfod.9375

I’d like to pose a question to someone who, quite reasonably, said:

I do not like WvW but I do understand the requirement to do WvW and I actually agree with it.

Would you be happy with this being the requirement for ALL legendaries; meaning that existing legendaries become unequippable until the owner reaches the WvW level requirement?

Outnumbered and facedown in WSR borderlands…
… again

in WvW

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I’d like to pose a question to someone who, quite reasonably, said:

Would you be happy with this being the requirement for ALL legendaries; meaning that existing legendaries become unequippable until the owner reaches the WvW level requirement?

No,
The first reason is cause it is prolly impossible.
First off all, cause there was a requirement before the level system and the AP-chests that was working correctly (you needed to do WvW significantly to get badges). also recently we had a period that it was working as intended. For each legendary in the game they have to find out in what timeframe the gift of battle (not the legendary) was acquired.

The second reason is that a legendary can be sold on the TP. People who bought one can in no way know when the gift of battle was bought by the creator and it would mean they bought a disfunctional weapon

The third reason is that Anet never should do such a thing to any gear.

I’m perfectly ok for them to change the rules, but after good communication and announcement here, and on guildwars2.com.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

So it happened.. they gave in and now any future change (in 6 months) will be futile due to Gift hoarding.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

in WvW

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Arenanet, thank you for this decission.
To the rest. This is a temporary thing.
I was one of the people who complained/asked for it.

The reason I complained is cause I have over 2000 badges of honour and could have got the gift of battle ages ago. The only reason I did not do so is that badges of honour doesnt take up bankspace. As with all of these kind of change it is good custom to communicate this. Just as they are warning people to use up their glory in the next month, or announced the change on karma.

So I’m thankfull they are seeing it was a mistake to ninja this change wihtout any warning and are rectifying it. I’ll make sure I buy my gift this tuesday directly, and I’m certai nthat 2 weeks later the level cap will be put back with a warning before hand both here and on the frontpage.

Thank you Arenanet for doing the decent thing!

Thanks for being so reasonable and understanding, mercury ranique.

I’ll say this one last time before locking the thread. This is a temporary change until we can reassess how we’d like to add it back into the game.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!