Gliding and Territories in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Olli.9028

Olli.9028

another “nobody asked for it or want it” after Golem week and other kitten

Hey fool where are you getting your facts

let´s see? from everybody in my guilds and friendlist? around 90 hardcore wvw only players

You need more friends that are smart

Or is it more the problem that no core wvw player want gliding in wvw? only pve players that jump in wvw and than complaining that they die off cliffs ?

Ask 100 wvw veterans ( 2k+ rank not eotm 100k+ kills) and over 90% doesn´t want gliding in wvw

Stab Eins [aX] Axîom
professional WvW rallybotting since 2013

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

What in the hell?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU ARE IN COMBAT? Disable in combat gliding. Otherwise it means anyone can run away from a fight by just gliding away and literally makes HoT Pay-to-win. Seriously. It NEEDS to be disabled to deploy gliding while in combat. Seriously. This is why gliding in WvW has always been the stupidest idea.

I don’t think you have the strongest grasp of how gliding works. If they try and run away by gliding off a cliff, just toss out a little cc and watch them fall to death, lmfao.

For that you require to have ranged CC. So now you have to make sure you have ranged CC on you at all times which means you have to change your build AROUND gliding? That’s kitten.

BEARBOWS REJOICE, OUR TIME HAS COME! It is our time to shine for we have waited for this moment forever, lurking at the back of the zerg.. Never wanted, always rejected. Finally we will be accepted into squads and people beg us to use our glorious longbow #4! PEW PEW PEW!

Jokes aside, this will be fun!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Wait, so we still have those “get where you’re totally not supposed to be” port “errors” unfixed, but now there’ll be gliding too?

Fantastic I need a giant tub of popcorn to see people trying to catch mesmer with a falling trait equipped (as in “quick, enemy is about to take it, get onto cliff and hide”)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Hopefully they disabled the bloodstone fen gliding skills lol.

Still means smc will be brutal to defend… Need to watch out for third-floor smc drop veil bombs now as well.

Still very stupid, however. Corner someone into top floor garri while you siege it and they can just jump off a cliff to ooc glide and re-enter through various gaps. So much mesmer abuse in keeps… The list keeps on going.

The combat and balance alone is already laughably bad. The matchmaking process is poor. Now we have broken fight and territory mechanics to boot.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Yes!!!! Hype! Finally. Stop being all winy this will be a fun thing. Man I love wvw but the community can be anti fun

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

Posted by: C Cspace Cowboy.5903

C Cspace Cowboy.5903

So Fire keep is pretty much screwed for whoever gets it?

I mean, unless you have people sitting on ballistas 24/7 you can glide directly into inner.

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

let´s see? from everybody in my guilds and friendlist? around 90 hardcore wvw only players

Or is it more the problem that no core wvw player want gliding in wvw? only pve players that jump in wvw and than complaining that they die off cliffs ?

Ask 100 wvw veterans ( 2k+ rank not eotm 100k+ kills) and over 90% doesn´t want gliding in wvw

Pulling numbers out of thin air will not prove your point, which is also pointless. I’m a vet who knows many vets who want this…

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I mean, unless you have people sitting on ballistas 24/7 you can glide directly into inner.

You should read the post again.

in WvW

seabhac.5346

Yes!!!! Hype! Finally. Stop being all winy this will be a fun thing. Man I love wvw but the community can be anti fun

Bingo!

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

You can only glide in territories you own. So if you don’t own Fire Keep you can’t glide into it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aquachills.9013

Aquachills.9013

Okay so let me get this straight… Out of anything you could have been working on for WvW, new map, separate balancing for our game mode, more rewards, balancing changes for WvW. You go and do the thing most veteran players DO NOT WANT and apply gliding. Do you’re players even bother going to WvW or join TS or Discord? I don’t think you guys do and it shows. You haven’t clearly been listening to us and I am greatly appalled by this change.

in WvW

Posted by: Dandilion.2537

Dandilion.2537

you can only glide in an area if you own the objective there, I think that will stop people just gliding into objectives they don’t own

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

This is a mistake…

in WvW

seabhac.5346

What in the hell?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU ARE IN COMBAT? Disable in combat gliding. Otherwise it means anyone can run away from a fight by just gliding away and literally makes HoT Pay-to-win. Seriously. It NEEDS to be disabled to deploy gliding while in combat. Seriously. This is why gliding in WvW has always been the stupidest idea.

I don’t think you have the strongest grasp of how gliding works. If they try and run away by gliding off a cliff, just toss out a little cc and watch them fall to death, lmfao.

For that you require to have ranged CC. So now you have to make sure you have ranged CC on you at all times which means you have to change your build AROUND gliding? That’s kitten.

BEARBOWS REJOICE, OUR TIME HAS COME! It is our time to shine for we have waited for this moment forever, lurking at the back of the zerg.. Never wanted, always rejected. Finally we will be accepted into squads and people beg us to use our glorious longbow #4! PEW PEW PEW!

Jokes aside, this will be fun!

Yassssssss!

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

READ people. Gliding only if you own the territory. So an advantage to the defending side (stealth glide bomb springs to mind).

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Emopandagurke.3497

Emopandagurke.3497

Does this update bring any changes to pips?

-Elona Reach-

in WvW

Posted by: starhunter.6015

starhunter.6015

So say Red team is airborn gliding in to safe fire keep, as blue team flips it. So does that mean any Red still in air will fall to possible death ?

An rangers will be welcomed back into zergs lol

in WvW

seabhac.5346

Okay so let me get this straight… Out of anything you could have been working on for WvW, new map, separate balancing for our game mode, more rewards, balancing changes for WvW. You go and do the thing most veteran players DO NOT WANT and apply gliding. Do you’re players even bother going to WvW or join TS or Discord? I don’t think you guys do and it shows. You haven’t clearly been listening to us and I am greatly appalled by this change.

Speak for yourself… I am a vet who wants it, ankitten ot appalled.

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy Branden.6951

Crazy Branden.6951

Pretty good data for something that came out 1hr ago, liar, lol

Leader of Angels of Clarity

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Another good change. So will mounts be able to be used in WvW?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Olli.9028

Olli.9028

+1

Stab Eins [aX] Axîom
professional WvW rallybotting since 2013

in WvW

Posted by: SgtOVERKILL.4701

SgtOVERKILL.4701

Can we get a champ train in WvW too? Really missing out how WvW is missing more PvE elements.

in WvW

seabhac.5346

Can we get a champ train in WvW too? Really missing out how WvW is missing more PvE elements.

We already have a champ train… they are called “tower lords” <winky winky>

in WvW

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If you enter a territory that you do not own while gliding, you will be kicked from your glider.

Please pray for all these people who cannot read. 1 like=1 prayer.

Fishsticks

in WvW

Posted by: MadMan.5109

MadMan.5109

Dear anet can you please stop kittening up wvw. People like it just the way it is right now. When you guys look back at the release of the desert bl map. Was that a great succes? No. But u guys kittened up wvw then and this will be the same. Stop putting pve crap into wvw. We the hardcore wvw players dont play pve. So please stop messing up our content. I know for a fact that lost of players will be leaving the game because of these things. They only game back when its back to normaal.

Unlike Others – Warrior
Not Like Others – Elemantalist
[SLAY] The Soul Slayers (FSP)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

You go and do the thing most veteran players DO NOT WANT and apply gliding.

Eh, speak for yourself….

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

seabhac.5346

+1

We are even, steven.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

@McKenna so how about answering gliding’s interaction with being incombat? Can you deploy your glider while already engaged in combat? This is the crucial question, please do not ignore.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

What does this mean for people you knock off cliffs with your own skills? Do they still fall to their deaths?

When cced, you can’t enter the glider in PvE maps, not sure exactly how it’ll act in WvW.

It will function the same in WvW. So if you are knocked back while in gliding you will fall to your death.

Does the splash damage from catapult and treb projectiles only proc when hitting environmental structures or also player hitboxes while flying?

Would love to hurl some rocks at the enemy blob, when they are gliding past my shiny castle.

Shield Generators should get a 3d update too, so you can place barriers into the air.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Fay.2357

ITT: WvW should be a flat, featureless plane where 2 groups face off and ritually proceed to murder each other. This will be repeated until one group gets bored and leaves.

in WvW

SgtOVERKILL.4701

We already have a champ train… they are called “tower lords” <winky winky>

You’re right god forbid we have to do the PvP element of WvW and just port/run away from other servers to ktrain.

in WvW

seabhac.5346

If you enter a territory that you do not own while gliding, you will be kicked from your glider.

Please pray for all these people who cannot read. 1 like=1 prayer.

Will do o7

in WvW

SgtOVERKILL.4701

Dear anet can you please stop kittening up wvw. People like it just the way it is right now. When you guys look back at the release of the desert bl map. Was that a great succes? No. But u guys kittened up wvw then and this will be the same. Stop putting pve crap into wvw. We the hardcore wvw players dont play pve. So please stop messing up our content. I know for a fact that lost of players will be leaving the game because of these things. They only game back when its back to normaal.

Gamemode suicide is always on their agenda.

in WvW

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Well you cant glide unless you are really high elevated.. So im assuming gliding will be good in Desert Borderland since it has so many Levels. I wonder if there will be skills you can use while gliding.. Other wise.. Gliding wont be good for anything but just trolling or trying to run.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in WvW

Posted by: Crimson.1320

Crimson.1320

I wonder if this will take as long as 3 desert borderlands to remove :thinking:

Dag- Money [Shot], Syndictive [Syn]

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Wait, so we still have those “get where you’re totally not supposed to be” port “errors” unfixed, but now there’ll be gliding too?

Fantastic I need a giant tub of popcorn to see people trying to catch mesmer with a falling trait equipped (as in “quick, enemy is about to take it, get onto cliff and hide”)

They can’t glide if they don’t own the territory if i am seeing this right. So if you own garri for example an enemy mesmer wont be able to glide. however you can perch high up to try and see him and then glide down and chase.

Ghost Yak

in WvW

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in WvW

Wanze.8410

Does this update bring any changes to pips?

if you have t3 participation and already played a full match up on your current server, if you are gliding while the tick ends, you earn pips while gliding.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Don’t you mean YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

So say Red team is airborn gliding in to safe fire keep, as blue team flips it. So does that mean any Red still in air will fall to possible death ?

An rangers will be welcomed back into zergs lol

You have a few seconds before you will be kicked from your glider.

in WvW

Posted by: MadameS.3582

MadameS.3582

I honestly think this is an amazing idea, ccing somebody out of the air is super easy, so if someone manages to fly away just pick your target or fly after them lmao. People need to stop crying, I feel like this is going to be super fun.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I sense falling damage trait troll builds incoming…

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Wanze.8410

Other wise.. Gliding wont be good for anything but just trolling or trying to run.

Hmmmmm, interesting….

in WvW

Posted by: voltron.5891

voltron.5891

This game mode continues to get worse and worse, the list of problems just gets longer and you decide to add more crap that doesn’t add anything. What do the people who want this expect to be improved? The meta is lame and it isn’t helped by the skill lag. Hot was such a big fail regarding wvw with the edition of pve gimmicky crap, looks like you haven’t learnt anything. All aboard the hype train

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Guys calm down haha. Actually think about how the gliding works.

1: From the looks of it you can’t glide in enemy owned territory. So no the enemy pushing garri cant just glide away. The defenders however could try and use it to there advantage to regroup.

This will affect roaming as well. I doubt youl see to much gliding away. Im sure there will be SOME. But not nearly that much.

2: Gliding isn’t flight. And while they are gliding they CAN NOT FIGHT BACK. SO whack them odds are if there just on a small hill they will still be in melee range for a bit. Also if you have a ranged weapon they are a free kill.

3. THIS IS A kittenING TEST PEOPLE. Cool yourselves down. If it really IS horrible they can turn it off later. If its NOT horrible its an actual dynamic change to how the game mode works.

Thanks to how there setting it up this also means that f2p players and PoF players can enjoy it. As it will be tied ot wvw ranks and NOT mastery. So its available to everyone.

Read before you flip your kitten.

Ghost Yak

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Well no one has asked about it yet, but I’m going to guess that the new War Gliding Mastery is going to also include unlocks for some sort of skills you can use while gliding like in Bloodstone Fen. So it won’t only be for “running away” or “trolling”.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Does this give too much advantage to the winning side again?

This will make roaming even harder against stronger side that has already taken control of the map.

in WvW

Fay.2357

Well no one has asked about it yet, but I’m going to guess that the new War Gliding Mastery is going to also include unlocks for some sort of skills you can use while gliding like in Bloodstone Fen.

I assume it’ll unlock normal gliding stuff like lean techniques, etc.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Well no one has asked about it yet, but I’m going to guess that the new War Gliding Mastery is going to also include unlocks for some sort of skills you can use while gliding like in Bloodstone Fen.

I assume it’ll unlock normal gliding stuff like lean techniques, etc.

That’s possible. Hrm, ley-lines in WvW inc?

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Forum bug /15 charrs

Chaba Tangnu