Gliding and Territories in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

McKenna Berdrow, in your last AMA on reddit, you or Mike O’Brien said WvW and sPvP is player driven mode and it belongs to the players, and you will make the changes you want.
When did we say we want gliding in WvW??
We never wanted airships bombarding SM, that was an idea of PvE player, yet you added it.
This is why the game mode is dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

McKenna Berdrow, in your last AMA on reddit, you or Mike O’Brien said WvW and sPvP is player driven mode and it belongs to the players, and you will make the changes you want.
We never wanted airships bombarding SM, that was an idea of PvE player, yet you added it.

Maybe not you, but I’ve really wanted gliding in WvW for so long.

in WvW

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Is there some requirement to become a WvWer? Everyone’s opinion matter, and people did request those features and they were implemented.

Sure things arn’t going that well due to a mismatch somewhere, and players are good at pointing out whats wrong, but at the same time not the best at suggesting how to fix things. Gliding is certainly not the reason why anything is dying though.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

Is there some requirement to become a WvWer? Everyone’s opinion matter, and people did request those features and they were implemented.

Sure things arn’t going that well due to a mismatch somewhere, and players are good at pointing out whats wrong, but at the same time not the best at suggesting how to fix things. Gliding is certainly not the reason why anything is dying though.

Gliding will be one of the reasons. The game mode is dying because the dev “team” has no idea of WvW, implements their own vision and takes the terrible suggestion of people who step in WvW once a week at best.
It’s almost like look for most easy “changes” to justify their salaries. Why don’t they fix the walls of keeps and towers so people can actually use the kitten cannons , oils and mortars? Nah, that requires real work.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Wonder how come there was no vote on gliders lol.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: nihasa.5067

nihasa.5067

I know that no one asked for my opinion, but I have over 2500 hours of WvW in tier 1 EU and I love gliding. It gives you more options and a more diverse play style. Don’t get why people cry so much. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. No need to trait it on your character.

Nihasa The Engineer [WvW] Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Wonder how come there was no vote on gliders lol.

There was no vote, ( at least not yet ), because they said the gliding is a ‘test’. It’s not necessarily permanent… but if there is a vote I’m pretty sure it will be a slam dunk to keep it!

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Gliding will be one of the reasons. The game mode is dying because the dev “team” has no idea of WvW, implements their own vision and takes the terrible suggestion of people who step in WvW once a week at best.
It’s almost like look for most easy “changes” to justify their salaries. Why don’t they fix the walls of keeps and towers so people can actually use the kitten cannons , oils and mortars? Nah, that requires real work.

Totally disagree that gliding will have anything to do with any drop in WvW activity. If anything it will bring even more PvE’ers into WvW to glide around and bog down the borderlands… and hopefully bring me more bags… but they won’t stay unless of course they learn to survive.

People seem to want things to be easy in WvW and I’ll never understand that. Of course it’s nasty hard to deal with blobs. But as I’ve seen time and again…. blobs can be fought off with a good team of defenders… at least for hours! and so on…

It’s all on your perspective. YOU hate gliding… and now it’s one more thing to blame for the downfall of WvW in your eyes. But WvW won’t die… not gonna die regardless of what the negative comments say. WvW that used to be is gone and gone forever.

As I love to say.. it is what it is. We either work with what we have or just leave… and as the queues continue to suggest, at least in the two servers that I am on, WvW isn’t dying just yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

It’s new and fresh for wvw now. Soon most will see more problems than benefits and far too many way to exploit. To fix these problems gliding will be nerfed to the point of people wondering why it is in wvw.

I just can’t see gliding sticking around.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

It’s new and fresh for wvw now. Soon most will see more problems than benefits and far too many way to exploit. To fix these problems gliding will be nerfed to the point of people wondering why it is in wvw.

I just can’t see gliding sticking around.

It might give the devs too many things to work on and fix as well.

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

TBH I’m not upset about gliding in wvw as i thought i would be. At first I was skeptical but after playing last night, it isn’t really a game changing factor to warrant mass uproar. First off EBG and Alpine weren’t designed for gliding so once they fix some exploits of gliding into towers it doesnt make a huge difference. There’s not really any combat advantages to gliding so it’s not p2w for those that dont have HoT. It’s slow enough where people can see you gliding in. it’d be pretty hard to do a fly by suprise attack. even if they do just bomb the kitten outta them

If anything it just allows people to get around the map faster which i like especially on a slow af guardian. im sure necros appreciate it as well

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I think you should refrain from suggesting your opinion represents everyone elses opinion. You speak for yourself and no one else.

I play WvW almost exclusively and have thousands of hours chalked up across a wide variety of characters and I support the addition of gliding. I am just as “real” a WvW player as you are.

in WvW

Posted by: Araewan Belania.3067

Araewan Belania.3067

All i want is nice fights in wvw. no gliding, no pips, no backpack, no armor. why gliding and more pips now?? again the q´s are full and the more just the farmers come, because of the more pips and with the gliding they do not even really need to learn to fight. i am shocked. really shocked. please turn it off. all my wishes for this year

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

gliding is trash. deactivate this kittening kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I must say that after testing it out I say the uproar against gliding seems be be there just for the sake of complaining about thing

and then nothing more funny to see a zerg gliding of the cliff througth the territory border only to get kicked out of the gliders and fall to their deaths because they were gliding out of their terrain ^-^

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

I like the gliding and I hope we keep it.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

All i want is nice fights in wvw. no gliding, no pips, no backpack, no armor. why gliding and more pips now?? again the q´s are full and the more just the farmers come, because of the more pips and with the gliding they do not even really need to learn to fight. i am shocked. really shocked. please turn it off. all my wishes for this year

If the ques bother you, transfer to a smaller server. Go tier 4.

Many people wanted increased activity. If you don’t, then try transferring down.

And btw: I understand EOTM has no ques, no pips, and no gliding. Of course, there is also likely little activity but you never know.

in WvW

Posted by: imidacloprid.2948

imidacloprid.2948

This change to world vs world has really been shaking things up in very positive ways. Keep up the good work Anet!

in WvW

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

gliding has been causing no problems (except when i forget myself and fly into a no-fly zone…..) and has been absolutely fantastic to use in wvw, i see no reason why we should not keep it.

in WvW

Posted by: Wabbit Season.4250

Wabbit Season.4250

I approve of gliding in WvW! It was hilarious being bombed by the SM defenders. They managed to use mass invisibility and then come out of it right on our heads! It was fantastic! Not only that, but it made returning to battle easier.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Anyone try the ballistas yet?

Please tell me it’s hilarious and glorious….

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Don’t worry, i’ve read every word you wrote, even though anet will probably delete it soon. I was on the fence on whether to preorder the game or not due to this stupid gliding update. but after reading what you wrote and reminded me about how anet has treated us in the past I’m I’ve decided to pass on this expansion. If I wanted a gear treadmill grinding game there are better games out there that do it. And you’re right anet wants to see people like us gone. I used to enjoy the game for the same reasons as you, and I bought stuff off the gem store to support the game, especially for fashion wars. but with every single fashion thing coming out now being an outfit that you can’t mix and match, and/or being gated behind RNG chests, I’ve stopped buying gems.

Same. I’ve probably put a bit over a thousand bucks since starting which is more than a sub game, just because I really liked GW2 when it was good.

Since HoT, I’ve vowed never to purchase from ANet again until they fix what they broke. This includes subsequent games as well and expansions. I intend to hold myself to that. The game in its current state isn’t worth any amount of money to me. If ANet wants my money, they need to earn my trust as a consumer by providing a quality product and maintaining that product with quality.

Having worked in the MMO industry enough to see financial details of these kinds of games… people who are going to spend money on the game are going to spend it, required or not, regardless of what the gain is. It’s why their profits are way down despite putting more and more emphasis on payment. People would rather vote with their wallets even if they can afford the paygate rather than pony up the cash. It also cuts drastically into future cash flows; your new players are less-inclined to want to spend money, and really, the only people you’re going to retain are the F2P people who see this as the best F2P title there is, and thus won’t pay regardless of where they go.

What I really don’t understand is how ANet is just failing so hard at… everything. Every aspect of the game is going down the tubes in nearly every way, yet they had one of the best starts for a company in the industry in decades. What was going through their minds to make these kinds of changes, all the while thinking they’d be good for the future?

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: Oraxis.9705

Oraxis.9705

THIS IS AWESOME!

But seriously, it feels like a fresh game and literally everyone I know save for the salty forum guys loves gliding. Adds mobility without causing any issues.

That is all.

in WvW

Posted by: NotOneToRidicule.2340

NotOneToRidicule.2340

I LOVE THE GLIDING!!! It’s been a Game Changer for me. I love the added tactical aspects and roaming has taken on a new sense of wonder. It’s a shame gliding wasn’t added when desert bl was introduced. We wouldn’t have had nearly as much whining about it.

Avatar Deathbringer ~ Karolina Klum
Deadly Legends [DDLG] – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Sorry that you’re poor, but, don’t take it out on all of us that enjoy the new content while you twiddle yourself worrying about wvw only and an hours worth of work in money.

snip

Don’t worry, i’ve read every word you wrote, even though anet will probably delete it soon. I was on the fence on whether to preorder the game or not due to this stupid gliding update. but after reading what you wrote and reminded me about how anet has treated us in the past I’m I’ve decided to pass on this expansion. If I wanted a gear treadmill grinding game there are better games out there that do it. And you’re right anet wants to see people like us gone. I used to enjoy the game for the same reasons as you, and I bought stuff off the gem store to support the game, especially for fashion wars. but with every single fashion thing coming out now being an outfit that you can’t mix and match, and/or being gated behind RNG chests, I’ve stopped buying gems.

Why would arena net delete the post. It is in their benefit to keep it. The players are doing a great job of destroying whatever silly argument you thought you might have.

Honestly, if you are not happy about a product don’t continue to support it. Like you currently are. Don’t sink money into something you seem to hate. Move on.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I LOVE THE GLIDING!!! It’s been a Game Changer for me. I love the added tactical aspects and roaming has taken on a new sense of wonder. It’s a shame gliding wasn’t added when desert bl was introduced. We wouldn’t have had nearly as much whining about it.

yeah I liek it too

now I need that shining blade backpack-glider set….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I like wvw gliding and the little terrian changes I’ve discovered so far with new areas to get to and older areas that are much quicker to reach now by air than previously by foot, it brings a freshness to exploring the bls we’re all so familiar with by now. I haven’t found 1 place yet that a glider can get to that a walker can’t, except maybe certain unforeseen enemy objectives that I’m sure will be corrected as they come up.

This new ability may be cut off from those that don’t own HOT, but core GW2 PVE players are and have been in the same boat for over a year and no one has complained about it to the best of my knowledge.

Adding gliding to those core maps didn’t kill them, it just gave a quicker option to navigate them and get to where you wanted to, save you in the event you started falling off a cliff while browsing the map etc, but it didn’t change the fact that you could still get there by foot if you wanted to or if you had to, and it didnt change the fact that if you wanted to spend your nights running a champ train that you had to own HOT to continue to do so.

Now, as far as wvw now being a pay to whatever, HOT has been out for 2 years, there are legendary weapons, there are GHs that include amongst other things wvw upgrades, and require that you have a GH (which is only obtainable thru HOT) to even be able to claim stuff in wvw and give everyone the the ability to collect +5 or even +10 supply…theres seige that only a scribe can craft, 1 being the shield gen, and suprise you can only train a scribe in a GH. Yes, there a host of HOT related perks that come with owning this 2 year old expansion, and gliding in wvw is finally 1 of them, but it’s no more game breaking to non HOT owners than any other perk included in the expansion and it doesn’t twist your arm forcing you to buy in order to continue playing the mode.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: moonsugar.4793

moonsugar.4793

I like the gliding. I’m a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!

I like how my Deadeye will have flying targets.

I like how Anet changed ballista skills making the first one you purchase – the anti gliding skill.

This is not a subscription based game. We don’t pay a month to month fee in addition to purchasing expacs like we do with other games. I’m good with things as they are, Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: albarinos.6135

albarinos.6135

this is a cool thing, thanks

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Gliding

The War Gliding Mastery is available to those who own Heart of Thorns

Yet another example of how you punish those of us who won’t buy your crappy HoT expansion.

We are playing a gamemode that does not require an expansion pack to play in any of the maps and has NEVER required an expansion pack to play in any of the maps, but you want to use vital skills and abilities in WvW? Better pony up the money and pay for HoT or you will just be weakened more and more relative to other players who pay 4 skills.

First, you lock away Shield Generator use from those of us without HoT. Sure, we can “use” the item to keep the siege refreshed, but we can’t actually use ANY of the shield gen skills (and they are very important pieces of siege in wvw).

Now, you add insult to injury by leaving us grounded while HoT-owning teammates can just glide into structures while we have to run on the ground and get zerged down like a bunch of plebs.

The more vital skills you put behind a paywall, the more the gamemode becomes P2W. This is a gamemode that is (more or less) totally divorced from the content of the expansions. But, still, you link vital skills to those expansions and screw those of us who refuse to support your choice to carve up the game into walled skill gardens that require $$$$ to access them.

Now, more than ever, I won’t pay for HoT or the new expansion because I fundamentally disagree with how you willfully kitten those of us who refuse to buy your stupid p.o.s. expansions.

More and more reasons to quit the game again. Anet as a company has NO RESPECT for those of us who just want to wvw. It’s bad enough we don’t have access to new classes/elite skills/masteries, but now no shield gen use or gliding either. Lame.

F U Anet. P2W game sucks my ….

Why should thay care about you if you dont buy their product?

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I like it.

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Gliding, with the parameters they have set, do not unbalance WvW in any way – while adding a little more strategic/tactical choice and fun.

Still too early to tell 100%, but I think today WvW was more fun than it’s been in a while. Hope they look at more ways to add to the game mode like this in the future (looking at you, mounts).

To everyone yelling about P2W – gliding in no way guarantees a win or gives a player a faster way to earn personal rewards on the map, and even if it did, that would be okay (just as limiting things like the Herald or chronomancer, both of which offer strategic advantage similar to gliding, is okay). GW2 is not a free to play game. It is a pay-to-play game with the most amazing demo area ever (core open world, PvP and WvW).

The game must be allowed to grow – and that takes money. Limiting gliding to paying customers still gives the f2p customers a way to try out WvW and the core game to decide if they want to invest in ways that further their in game experience.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

+1

Every time we ask for something (let’s start with tournaments) we are ignored.

Any time we find something broken it takes an act of reddit proportions to get any action on some

I used to spend 10-12 hours a DAY in WvW – now:

WvW is a very side thing I do since it costs quite a lot, stats which I depended upon (Precision) has been nerfed into the ground ,

has few who play at the same time I do and/or don’t even get into groups so ppk goes nuts, and out many go again, saying they are fed up with the links, the lack of similar languages – my ‘English only please’ setting in the game GUI has never worked, Korean leaves pages and pages of blank screen ,

not knowing where anyone is or what is going on anywhere in any map 50% of the time many days (nights) in WvW.

Spanish? I can’t learn it, sorry but that’s still another 20-25%, how can I play? My genetics disallows me to learn any language (or math or music notation) and the game even has a setting for ‘English only’ but the game is leaving me with few who speak English at all.

Players who played the first two years, looking forward and planning for tournaments knew when the links happened that tournaments weren’t coming back and mercernaires were hired for many servers, telling players ’it’s our time’ and ‘you can’t play now’, no, I am not kidding, happened to me not six weeks ago.

WvW is in dire shape.

Flying? We had the shrines which pitch us across, so why not make that more controllable or more creatively attained? How about buffing the camps from ground zero to tier 3? With links solo roamers have almost no chance on any map in any tier at any time. Give us a chance against four or five with a camp – if you’re going to overwhelm the single player

So many good things could happen with WvW, I am still hoping some of them will come back. So are many.

Tournaments gave WvW legitimacy and some specialness to a game mode that is mostly repetitive, go, do, report, fight, take, go around in a circle, not get support from many, rinse, repeat.

What made WvW magical is gone. But we’re still hoping. That’s the magic of gaming – until the last page is turned, one can still hope.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

Gliding is the best thing that’s happened to WvW in a long time.. the haters don’t have it, that’s all. It makes moving around the maps easier if you have the territory and it encourages ppl to take territories.

Well done anet!

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

I had doubts, but now that gliding is in: I LOVE IT. It’s a-maaaaa-zing, to just glide down, instead of jumping and getting into “fight” mode from the slightest bug on the terrain. Running even with swiftness is just horrible, so slow it is… or it seems, when can’t wait to just get into fray, into those fights that are the only reason to log in.

There are still bugs, unforeseen pulsing stab skills that allows unintended gliding, map lines that could be a bit more semitransparent, borders moved to better place – even neutral space if needed, and so on. But even if this would be exploited (by gliding into red space), it’s still better, than getting back to the “old ways”, to that looong, slow walk, to get back into action.

Tweak it & keep it.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

in WvW

Posted by: Byakhee.8652

Byakhee.8652

Gliding could offer other uses for siege weaponry and introduce “AA siege items”

Eg: Flameshrike Rocket: Launch at air targets: (unlock 3-5 with WvW XP)

1. Rapid shot x4 in succession, single target
2. Single launch with Airburst AOE Fireball (Enemy have chance of catching fire)
3. Single launch with Airburst AOE Fear (Enemy literally drop from the sky)
4. Single launch with Airburst AOE Targets Marked (Continue to show on map +60 secs after they have dissapeared from visual range, even if they are on the ground: magically marked that can only be removed by portalling back, or for the duration to run out (60s))
5. [Specific to class using the AA, so 9 possibilities]

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

this will be interesting, i look forward to the change, its only within your territory so should be entertaining

My deadeye will be waiting for you when you flying over head and shoot you down like a duck :P this is going to be hilarious.

Yet another way for thieves to kill people that have no chance of fighting back. The elite that makes a class designed for cowards even more cowardly. /slowclap

Bingo! Someone get this man a cuddly toy. He shot that duck fair and square.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

BTW, people can glide from EBG red keep all the way into an enemy held OW.

If you get a video/picture of it and send it to me that would be helpful

To do this, I suggest you host the picture or video on a hosting site—in a private setting, please—and then send a link to us via e-mail. Doing that would be very helpful. Please then send a link to the images of video to Community@Arena.Net.

Thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: Bart.5023

Bart.5023

Is there a way to get the gliding without buying the heart of stone expansion? like can you buy it from the gem store or something?

XS Bart
Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

The knee jerk reactions are a bit much. Give it a chance, then contribute solid feedback rooted in experience – not assumptions.

People were equally as upset about the tactical defenses and the bombing defense thing at SMC. And it was fine.

Attackers can’t glide away because they don’t own the territory, you can – however – glide down on them (DEATH FROM ABOOOOVEEEEEE). Also, curious as to how gliding will respond if territory flips. Golems are more impactful than gliding. And good WvWers can stun/cc/knockback/etc. gliders as the person gliding has no access to skills or defensive abilities. There is so much opportunity for strategy and playing smart here.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

What in the hell?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU ARE IN COMBAT? Disable in combat gliding. Otherwise it means anyone can run away from a fight by just gliding away and literally makes HoT Pay-to-win. Seriously. It NEEDS to be disabled to deploy gliding while in combat. Seriously. This is why gliding in WvW has always been the stupidest idea.

I don’t think you have the strongest grasp of how gliding works. If they try and run away by gliding off a cliff, just toss out a little cc and watch them fall to death, lmfao.

The counter to that is simple, jump off the cliff, wait till you are near the bottom and then open the glider in the last second. Result is you are probably going to be too far away or out of line of sight, even if they do hit you then you’re near the ground anyway and can survive the final short drop.

Overall, having played through the dire golem rush event and launch of the Desert Borderland I am entirely unsure of the suitability of this. I just hope they have done more testing than last time.

in WvW

Posted by: Knubs.3908

Knubs.3908

https://youtu.be/aeCY6TSIa4g

Here’s the video, sending it to the community email as well. Hope this helps.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Oh yeah, that’s not good.

in WvW

Posted by: rkarrbr.7305

rkarrbr.7305

Oh yeah, that’s not good.

Please Anet, fix this today!

The fix should be so the hill where they glide from is in teritory from the tower

(edited by rkarrbr.7305)

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

The sad thing is that there are a number of ANet people that play in WvW. In CD alone one day we had three of them and one of them commanding. It baffles me why they needed one of US to create a video that they alone could go in and verify in a matter of minutes. sigh

in WvW

Jayne.9251

The sad thing is that there are a number of ANet people that play in WvW. In CD alone one day we had three of them and one of them commanding. It baffles me why they needed one of US to create a video that they alone could go in and verify in a matter of minutes. sigh

Because much like writing, you can go over the same paragraph several times and you won’t catch the spelling mistake — your eye will miss it because you wrote it. Someone else comes along, has fresh eyes, and a different perspective towards problem-solving, and voila, there’s the bug.

It’d be next to impossible to predict all the different machinations that could be applied to any given element in a game. Nothing would ever get released.

It’s not a big deal to ask players to report this stuff. Most will do so willingly.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

nooo… what I mean is… AFTER it had been reported several times it would really have been a simple thing to go check it out. I didn’t even know it existed until I saw it reported, then went to see.. Took me a couple minutes.. I’m just saying they could have done the same thing.

This most recent video request has come out well after this bug had been reported. I would have made a video if I could but for some reason overwolf won’t do it, and the video function in the “awesome” software called windows 10 doesn’t seem to want to work either.

in WvW

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

This gliding thing is so unfair against attackers. Defenders keep resetting fights (gliding away) untill they win and you can’t kill defenders with fall damage because they just (re)deploy their gliders. Please limit gliding to out of combat use only or make it so that you can’t deploy gliders 5 seconds after a hard cc. Abusing unfair mechanics to win ruins the fun.

(edited by santenal.1054)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Picture a line of shield generators….

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: hotcatz.6834

hotcatz.6834

I know that no one asked for my opinion, but I have over 2500 hours of WvW in tier 1 EU and I love gliding. It gives you more options and a more diverse play style. Don’t get why people cry so much. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. No need to trait it on your character.

100% this