Gold League (EU) - Top servers collaboration

in WvW

Posted by: Dan.5416

Dan.5416

I really hope SFR and Piken will consolidate their forces to make Vizunah come third on the last round.
This will be great profit for both servers:
SFR will get 31 points to share 1st place with Vizunah
Piken will get 25 points to share 3rd place with JS

I think such distribution will be fair, as there was no chance for SFR to meet Vizunah without Piken, also there was very strong pressure on Piken through the whole season.
And we should remember that SFR and Piken is not national servers as Vizunah is, that makes them somehow weaker.

So guys, lets collaborate!

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

How about no

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The most interesting question of this thread is:
Who is Dan.5416 and from which server is he?
All his posts so far where PvE

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

What a delirium. Hard work, be nice with people, build a community instead of building vicious plans like this…

considering when you been… special with everyone in the past. Or present, minuts ago:

“We are not doing this because we don’t want to share second place with JS but because letting JS 2nd this week would mean than Piken would get the Bronze reward. And there is no way we’ll allow them to get any reward.

JS right now is merely a collateral damage from the bief between Piken and SFR."

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

Posted by: Arsus.8952

Arsus.8952

And we should remember that SFR and Piken is not national servers as Vizunah is, that makes them somehow weaker.

It’s quite the opposite…

More timezone => more coverage => more easy win

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

It’s quite the opposite…

National servers doesn’t need players from other time zones. Some players just need to stay awake whole night and some players need to wake up early.

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Count again the points the last day, mate, taking into account Baruch Bay…

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Best,

Eheh Haltair is right, JS/BB will ends up in 3th position followed by PS in 4th. (edit: most probably )

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Lol, you should read the reaction to this on Piken forum when someone posted this suggestion on our various guild’s websites about a week ago.

Just play the game, stop this silly conspiracy stuff.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

It would be pleasant/nice for SFR and Piken servers to end there feud with each another…

Piken kittened SFR during week 1

SFR kittened Piken during week 5

How about we call it equal/quits and move on…

Really, a continued feud with each another cements Vizunah Square in 1st place, not only in this the 1st league but in future leagues. By hating on each another SFR and Piken drag each another down…its silly…

Also, what ever happened to balance of power?

If you look over history, when any power rose to be dominate over everybody else by a serious margin, alliances were formed to drag them back down…

Some examples (selected from 100’s of years ago but there are plenty of examples in modern times), Napoleon/France who only got defeated by 6+ other nations forming a alliance and the Habsburgs/Spain/Holy Roman Empire who also united Europe vs them.

WvW players have a habit of taking the easy path , which is pick on the weakest server, which benefits in the short term but in a league over 7 weeks can be a HUGE strategic MISTAKE. Perhaps its time during leagues of the 2 weakest servers taking the hard path and concentrating the most powerful server…

Pretty sure this is what the Anet devs had in mind when WvW was designed…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Viz will win the leagues regardless of any collaboration. They are not going to wind up third in the last week’s match, and that’s the only way SFR would tie with Viz in the leagues.

I will repeat it again, there was zero collaboration in that first week’s match — Viz was simply too strong and had scouts everywhere that it made flipping any of their stuff impossible — so the only place left to get points was from SFR. It was nothing more nefarious than that. SFR rarely attacked Viz as well, focusing instead on Piken because I believe you all discovered the same thing we did — that Viz was too strong and too organized. They embraced the influx of pve achievement hunters, and many servers failed to do this.

But SFR’s forum warriors made it a personal thing, and many said in the fifth week’s match — it was for revenge. Which was silly in itself, because instead of creating an ally, it became an antagonistic relationship. Nothing seems to motivate players more than unfair and untrue accusations. Well, except maybe for propaganda about double teaming that just didn’t happen.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Troma.3250

As usual, brilliant understanding of things, Jayne. The maturity of the majority of Piken is -really- nice to see, in contrast of what an other serv did to us for the last year.

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Haha, even if Piken and SFR team up, i bet they won’t be able to succeed in putting Viz third place. At most SFR first, Viz second, Piken third.

Btw, i really enjoyed fights with Piken this week, kinda fun and hard fights

in WvW

Troma.3250

You are from Augury, Kordash? i think it would be very hard. But no reason, as we played fair first week. We just focused the obvious nemesis enemy.

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Or maybe he isn’t guild member so he didn’t know that he should only attack sfr.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Best,

Eheh Haltair is right, JS/BB will ends up in 3th position followed by PS in 4th. (edit: most probably )

If Piken comes in second in the final match, we all share third spot (unless JS comes in second this week, then SFR/JS share second).

We can have a JS/BB/Piken third-place dance party

in WvW

Kordash.2197

Oh Troma … You’re hurting me. Not even able to read between the lines …

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

You don’t share places. Only 3 servers can get rewards.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Nope, Devon has said in the case of a tie, each server gets the exact same rewards.

If there is a tie, each server will be awarded the rewards for that place. e.g. if NSP and IoJ tie for 8th each will receive 8th place rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Smoke.9273

Smoke.9273

I hope we wont make an “official” alliance with Piken, but I do hope we (SFR & Piken) will beat Vizunah to pulp.
I also really hope the creeping “Vizunah spirit” on SFR will be killed off with the end of the league.

Riay
Fused with my Shroud

in WvW

Posted by: Vilandra.3641

Vilandra.3641

After round 5 you really think that would happen? SFR have just about assured Piken will do what happened in round 1 even more to secure the 3 points to tie with JS & BB for third. Not that there was any great conspiracy in round 1, SFR couldn’t handle Vizuna and Piken took advantage of that, ( besides the two underdog teams rank 2 & 3 taking down the big bad SFR should be a heartwarming tale of the leagues

This is out of both SFR & Pikens hands & Vizuna are just sitting back with a big smile at the situation i’m sure. What do you think will happen next round with Viz, annoy SFR even more and help Piken get 3rd or just beat SFR and help SFR’s ambition of not letting Piken get 3rd place.

And if some miracle occurs like SFR managing to beat Vizuna, do you really think Vizuna could lose to Piken? lol not a chance. Vizuna & SFR are the 2 top teams and they are by far ahead of Piken in numbers, outside of these 3 teams being pitted against one another Piken just wouldn’t stand a chance.

In the end it is what it is, and who’s to say that by next league a new server wont pop up and be a threat.

Or is this a thread hoping to get Piken help SFR have a chance at first? Sorry but this isn’t week 38/39 where SFR had German servers helping them beat Vizuna. Though i think Vizuna were playing dead in the lead up to leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

You know Troma, your constant playing the part of the victim has really gotten on my nerves lately. I expected better from you, but I guess that some people are right when they say you are nothing but facade and propaganda on these forums.

Either that, or working too hard for Vizunah has made you daft. I don’t really know.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

in WvW

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

some people are right when they say you are nothing but facade on these forums.

The only facade Troma uses is a bit of respect when chatting with SFR people, and trust me it ain’t easy.

The French Flair [FF]

in WvW

Troma.3250

Saying what i think is playing victim now? what the hell is wrong with you. Did you ever see me cry like you did in the past? when the time are difficult, i fight, i do not whine. WHERE do you see a victim in my post? i’m just disgusted by some guys, they used my patience little by little.

The work on Vizunah changed nothing. The amount of trolls, arrogance and personnal attack from some SFR changed a little my patience with them yes.

I’m never playing a role on thoses forums (except when call to arms mode); i just tell my opinion.

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

Posted by: Kingface.9781

Kingface.9781

I don’t really know.

I’m sure you know at least the following of the quote above: if you don’t know, shut the kitten up.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

You know Troma, your constant playing the part of the victim has really gotten on my nerves lately. I expected better from you, but I guess that some people are right when they say you are nothing but facade and propaganda on these forums.

Either that, or working too hard for Vizunah has made you daft. I don’t really know.

Woot ? the only propaganda I’ve heard of is the “VS + PS alliance against the good SFR” some of your server mates had trown in to the forum

in WvW

Kordash.2197

Saying what i think is playing victim now? what the hell is wrong with you. Did you ever see me cry like you did in the past? when the time are difficult, i fight, i do not whine. WHERE do you see a victim in my post? i’m just disgusted by some guys, they used my patience little by little.

The work on Vizunah changed nothing. The amount of trolls, arrogance and personnal attack from some SFR changed a little my patience with them yes.

I’m never playing a role on thoses forums (except when call to arms mode); i just tell my opinion.

That’s why i guess, when i put something positive for Vizunah in this thread, i “used your patience little by little.”. Man. You perform irony against your own mates, and still complain about the trolls ?

I did a bet, didn’t said it wouldn’t be hard, still, you come and flame.

And yes i’m from Vizunah if that wasn’t obvious for you.

Back to the topic : We fought collaboration in the past, and got through it. There is no reason Vizunah can’t do it again, even if it the risk of it happening is really small.

(edited by Kordash.2197)

in WvW

Troma.3250

… what? i was talking about SFR trolls, not you. And at what moment i flamed you? i understand nothing of your post. I was answering to Wolfheart, you took it for you ;o

And i didn’t make irony, it was a serious question..

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

Kordash.2197

My bad then. Sounds different in your first post.

in WvW

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

i am amused by this thread

Roleplayer.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Eh don’t get sucked into the flame.

People can post how they like on their private forums, it’s nobody’s business but theirs. Here, however, is a different matter.

I know there’s a ton of really nice people on SFR who are just as annoyed by their trolls as the rest of us. It’s just unfortunate that they’ve kind of become the face of the server. The other guys need to post more.

in WvW

Troma.3250

Yep Jayne, guys like Kresh, Holm, Azrael, etc from SFR should post more.

in WvW

Tygra.4570

In generalizations and flaming like this (and tygra’s post for example), I see victimism

So i’m flamming when i tell you it’s hard to stay respectful, but your community server forum isn’t flamming (and isn’t representative of SFR obviously) when the posts in frontpage were blatant racism and abusive language ?

Be serious.

We’ll see who is the victim starting tomorrow and i hope your leaders won’t ragequit after the first night.

The French Flair [FF]

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I read your posts because this forum doesn’t have an ignore feature. Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately.

We can talk about those things (that are all new to me although I attend some community meetings and sometimes roam pevepe.net which is strange), and wemil especially (or hebril amolebin for that matter). Just know that they are commanders, not “leads”.

What is your point anyways? I’m not condoning the things you mentioned, but this is the internet, people are bound to spout crap and I’m 100% sure many players on Vizunah have said even worse things about their opponents. Or you want to suggest otherwise, that your people are a genetically engineered race where idiots don’t exist?

Holy carp the derailing I did. Note to self, post less.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

It’s quite the opposite…

National servers doesn’t need players from other time zones. Some players just need to stay awake whole night and some players need to wake up early.

Also, some players need to quit their jobs, and other ignore their families.

gg…

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Viz wanna boring us to death in forums too.

in WvW

Tygra.4570

I’m 100% sure many players on Vizunah have said even worse things about their opponents.

They do everyday, and everyday there is someone to explain that this isn’t the right behavior and that it shouldn’t be the way to play games.

The French Flair [FF]

in WvW

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

I’m 100% sure many players on Vizunah have said even worse things about their opponents.

They do everyday, and everyday there is someone to explain that this isn’t the right behavior and that it shouldn’t be the way to play games.

So if someone from SFR says something bad – the whole server is like him, but if someone from Viz says something bad – he’s the minority?

in WvW

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Although I think Vizunah deserves to be first (they always played well against my server) they should feel how it’s like to play against 2 servers at the same time. Give them a little taste of their own medicine.

in WvW

Tygra.4570

So if someone from SFR says something bad – the whole server is like him, but if someone from Viz says something bad – he’s the minority?

The difference is there are almost no more Viz forum warriors, while SFR brings us plenty more every other matchup.
I am not trying to say Viz is the white knight, but there’s no denying our attitude on these forums is overall way better than it used to be.
I’m sorry i can’t say the same about SFR and i mean it. (and because i said sorry doesn’t mean i’m Canadian)

The French Flair [FF]

in WvW

Posted by: Valheru Baal.9456

Valheru Baal.9456

Okay, so let me start with that I am an SFR player and I would like to share my thoughts about what I’ve experienced during the first 6 weeks.

First week, was a bad week for all populated servers due to Meta achievements. WvW guilds, commannders stayed in queue while other player were running around hunting setnries, dolyaks, placing random siege, wasting supplies in SM to repair walls, etc. SFR could not withstand the double focus/ double team (they are not the same, I could explain if anyone needs it) they got from VIZ and PS. Our server was stuck at the third place with 10-20k difference from Piken. This was followed by some trolls from PS cheering that THEY have beaten SFR, and that PS showed how srtonger they are compared to SFR. I’ve no doubt there were SFR trolls who reacted poorly at the same time, but in the end all that matters is that we lost and was planning to show our dominance in the following weeks.

SFR took 1st place every single week without any problems, while PS had some struggles. Sometimes placing 3rd on day 3 and then worked they way back to first place during the rest of the week. By that time it was clear for every vigilant WvW players that not only PS is not in the top 2 WvW servers, but they have difficulties to get in the top 3 as well.

This week JS gets the same focus from ER and SFR, that PS got from Riverside and SFR, yet they are holding up much better than PS did. So far the best fights SFR got this whole season was from either BB or JS. Hats off the those servers and leaders.

This week’s statistics show what PS is really made of and how they leaders act http://gw2wvw.org/?region=2&tier=2. They full focus (80%, the rest 20% is basicly taking back the things VS took from them) on the weakest link of the gold league. Even AR focuses VS more than PS does. And that is just sad.

No matter what happens the last week I rally hope that either BB or JS takes place 3, because they deserve it more than PS who always took the easy path. I do NOT hate PS players (I have friends over there) but I do not agree with the methods of their leaders/community. I really hope that will change in the future and good fights can occur between SFR and PS more than it did this season.

in WvW

Posted by: Demannu.2805

Demannu.2805

Simple as that Troma made better community than all those brain dead GvG guilds did as result Vizunah was and is best EU server. Yes they ddos yes they spy on ts and in game yes they manipulated mindless monkeys for double teaming. But there is saying anything works during war now go tell stories about honor and all other funky stuff. Nobody prevented u from doing the same what Vizunah did

Big respect to Troma and whole GCA hope this will bring positive changes to my beloved SFR

Cheers

Champion of Khorne

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

in WvW

Valheru Baal.9456

The difference is there are almost no more Viz forum warriors, while SFR brings us plenty more every other matchup.
I am not trying to say Viz is the white knight, but there’s no denying our attitude on these forums is overall way better than it used to be.
I’m sorry i can’t say the same about SFR and i mean it. (and because i said sorry doesn’t mean i’m Canadian)

First of all who decided that Viz attitude on forums got better? I do not see any changes whatsoever. Also is there a point to this conversation? Is it just me or does it seem completely pointless to fight over something like which server has more forum trolls? Whatever if you want to you can talk about it, but I don’t think its constructive in any way.

(edited by Valheru Baal.9456)

in WvW

Posted by: Dan.5416

Dan.5416

The most interesting question of this thread is:
Who is Dan.5416

I’m just a casual player that rooting for his server

Guys, don’t blame each other, please. This topic is not about who is wrong or who is more ‘white’. I really believe that all servers should be respected for their pains and progress.

WvW is a good war simulator and who said there shouldn’t be any alliances? We just should remember that it’s still the game and we are all playing for the same aim – fun!

in WvW

Valheru Baal.9456

Simple as that Troma made better community than all those brain dead GvG guilds did as result Vizunah was and is best EU server. Yes they ddos yes they spy on ts and in game yes they manipulated mindless monkeys for double teaming. But there is saying anything works during war now go tell stories about honor and all other funky stuff. Nobody prevented u from doing the same what Vizunah did

Big respect to Troma and whole GCA hope this will bring positive changes to my beloved SFR

Cheers

Champion of Khorne

Is this for real? War? DDoS? Honestly I highly recommend you to visit a doctor ASAP. You have clearly no idea about wars, and DDoS must not be a tool to win a GAME. All those included should be permanently banned.

Spying on ts? Meh if you want to, its just lame as hell, but you could hear how much of a good time the other server is having while you are sitting in your chair all tense and grinding your teeth to grab some virtual points.

(edited by Valheru Baal.9456)

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

So far the best fights SFR got this whole season was from either BB or JS. Hats off the those servers and leaders.
…..
No matter what happens the last week I rally hope that either BB or JS takes place 3, because they deserve it more than PS who always took the easy path.

We prepared the matchups and gave our best, thank you for recognizing Baruch’ s efforts.
Undoubtly Viz ans Sfr deserve the first two places. W e hope to give more good fights during next league.

Best,

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

It is funny. I see SFR thinks pikens 3rd place is theirs achiement somehow.
Piken on 3rd place just because devs matched us against vizunah 3 times (first, current and next week). SFR only 2 times (first and last week).

Another fun thing is – you want to divide rewards. LoL.
All know there is nothing about “skill”. All about zergs, 24/7 online, scouts on others servers. In current state of www, it is stupid to talk about skill, while most of points come from night/morning PvD.

There should be now rewards at all. It is same as reward someone for playing on special server. All do same easy thing. Just one server have more players. That is all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meiU6TxysCg

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

No matter what happens the last week I rally hope that either BB or JS takes place 3, because they deserve it more than PS who always took the easy path. I do NOT hate PS players (I have friends over there) but I do not agree with the methods of their leaders/community. I really hope that will change in the future and good fights can occur between SFR and PS more than it did this season.

If as you say you have friends on Piken then you will know about our server, it’s the RP server. We worked together to take ourselves from r22 to r2 in EU ladder, now this is without any mass recruitments(we have even asked people not to come here when they enquire). Why did we make it so high in the rankings, well it’s because as a server we have always agreed to play for fun we never really worry about the score it’s a byproduct of us trying to get decent fights(a few obviously are the opposite but play with us and still get what they crave). Piken has always worked as a community which agrees to do things certain ways, we have always gone for the strongest opponent in a matchup(more/better fights). The 1st week in the season we were focused on fighting Viz not SFR, you guys just happen to be in the wrong place at the right time(for us that is(we also had the “PvE” players come play enmasse, 4 hour queues that 1st week).
Piken does not take the easy path because there is no challenge in it, this week it looks like we are more focused on AR but that just because their stuff is easy/quick to take in the breaks between fighting Viz.
We have great fights between every other server, the only servers that never lived up to being “great” are SFR and Deso mainly due to the way they are so point focused and never run in groups of less than 50+.
We will finish the season where we finish it, it doesn’t really matter too much to the majority of us on Piken as we’ve had some good fun in this inaugural season.
As for the final week we shall play it as we always do, for fun not to worry about what the score is. We will not accept any request or bribe from SFR to deliberately team up against Viz, so you guys can stop asking about it.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

I remember at least couple times when our groups were smaller than 50. Last Christmas eve we got only 40 players in blob, but we still did PPT very hard.

in WvW

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

This is Piken you’re talking about, we never double team, only our enemies double team us.