Golem Rush Feedback Mega-Thread

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Well, I’ve been wanting to play more CS:GO and BF lately. Guess this is my chance. I’ll be back at reset, or unless Anet listens to the community. Maybe OS will have more duelers this week??

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Golem rush would have been a perfectly fin weekend end event. I don’t want to play this for a week.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I wonder how long they are going to sit with egg on their face before they put their hands up and admit they made a mistake and stop this event.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I wonder how long they are going to sit with egg on their face before they put their hands up and admit they made a mistake and stop this event.

What makes you think they will? Companies rarely admit they made on error in their ways. I don’t expect this company to be any different. It is in. We either go along and play, or sit it out.

If it was really a bust like some in this thread has said, and others who don’t read or post on the forums feel likewise, then the only way it will end is if all of the WvW server maps are ghost towns. I don’t see that happening just by looking at the current points…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I didn’t realize that golems cost 0 supply for this event. It’s crazy out there.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Marthkus.4615

It would be a lot better if golems actually fought each other. But fights tend to be very one sided.

in WvW

Vavume.8065

What makes you think they will? Companies rarely admit they made on error in their ways. I don’t expect this company to be any different. It is in. We either go along and play, or sit it out.

Because Arenanet have a history of making mistakes and then admitting it and fixing it, most recently the whole pre purchase extra character slot they gave out after realizing their mistake, or if you look further back there was also the flame kissed armor issue where people blew up the forums demanding refunds and they also admitted that mistake and corrected it, there has been other times too I just cant remember off hand, but 3 or 4 times over last 3 years they have admitted fault and made corrections, so yeah that’s why…

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Because Arenanet have a history of making mistakes and then admitting it and fixing it, most recently the whole pre purchase extra character slot they gave out after realizing their mistake, or if you look further back there was also the flame kissed armor issue where people blew up the forums demanding refunds and they also admitted that mistake and corrected it, there has been other times too I just cant remember off hand, but 3 or 4 times over last 3 years they have admitted fault and made corrections, so yeah that’s why…

Interesting. I see your point.

I’m not sure they will admit anything with regards to this and we are all still reeling from the last patch and effects still in play for some classes.

in WvW

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I’m not sure they will admit anything with regards to this and we are all still reeling from the last patch and effects still in play for some classes.

Or maybe it wasn’t a mistake that warrants an apology and other players are actively participating in the event, enjoying it. Maybe not everyone dislikes the event or shares your opinion.

Imagine that?

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

It would be a lot better if golems actually fought each other. But fights tend to be very one sided.

This is pretty much the issue. From reset, the event was an absolute blast! I don’t recall the last time I heard such laughter and fun being had in WvW. What was happening that caused such fun was that we were fighting with Golems! Then guilds or at least the commanders became salty and left. Then began the Ktrain on each map. What’s compounding the issue is that we still have balance issues.

Editing to add that for me, the event has been fun. Though I happen to have too much irl issues to properly kitten this event atm though.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Or maybe it wasn’t a mistake that warrants an apology and other players are actively participating in the event, enjoying it. Maybe not everyone dislikes the event or shares your opinion.

Imagine that?

Didn’t ask for an apology.

You posted on page 14 and replied to me. Notice other posts with different names? Maybe others do share similar opinions. Imagine that.

in WvW

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

They should at least reset the glicko scores at the end of the week, as if this mess never happened.

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Kinda ironic that they removed most of the farming areas in the game, considering that the new PvE area is shovel farm and pacman farm land, and now WvW is golem farm, adding to EotM farm.

Maybe they should rename the game Farm Wars 2.

in WvW

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Dragonbrand and Gates of Madness have by all apperances ganged up on Kaineng, which for some stupid reason ended up against them on this week. Oh sure, we show all as T6 right now (https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvwmain) but Kaineng is rank 19 vs a 15 and 16. Rank is purely a result of coverage under current system, so not only are golems overcharged, not only are they free, there are twice the people to duplicate them and send them at us.

This is pure fen fen.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

stop this event please

in WvW

Marthkus.4615

Dragonbrand and Gates of Madness have by all apperances ganged up on Kaineng, which for some stupid reason ended up against them on this week. Oh sure, we show all as T6 right now (https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvwmain) but Kaineng is rank 19 vs a 15 and 16. Rank is purely a result of coverage under current system, so not only are golems overcharged, not only are they free, there are twice the people to duplicate them and send them at us.

This is pure fen fen.

Kaineng just doesn’t have people most of the time. I play DB. They were like that last week too against DB and SoR.

in WvW

Posted by: RabbertKlein.3169

RabbertKlein.3169

I am so tired of fighting golems. Please end this now.

Night Shift [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

If nothing else… will the issue with people duplicating mass amounts of golems be addressed? There’s plenty of people talking about how they’ve been doing it so I wouldn’t doubt it being true.

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

On reset we fought in golems because it was fun for an hour, now we dump them safely before fighting because it interrupts the train for too long. Unless its 15+ Omegas you cant even get close to due to AoE, a zerg of players beat a zerg mixed with golems assuming equal numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

There are many who do like it though – I’m sure arena net will have statistics to represent what they want at the end of the day. Some of the /map chat I’m reading tonight is that they are jazzed – more WvW ranks which is 10x easier and faster with loot.

Champ farming / karma train if that is your thing. I gave it another hour – not my cup of tea.

This is actually part of the issue for me. You already have this in EOTM. So why not keep this event there? Anyone with half a brain could see this is how the event would go. So let those in EOTM who are already enjoying the Ktrain REALLY enjoy the Ktrain.

Why ruin a whole different style of the game play?

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

I don’t want an appologie .. I would like them to DO something!

I have heard that this was thought up by a Mr. Davis from the Anet Marketing Department, who I imagine by now has crawled under rock and hopefully this .. mess .. will return his attention to the HoT sales instead of WvW.

Given that there was only one option I found to GW2 WvW…. ESO… which was unplayable, I’m stuck here for the foreseeable future.

It is still possible to see the original idea of WvW under the layers of Karma, ETOM and OBS, where each server tries to balance off/deff tactics and HAS to cooperate as a team to win the match up… but… I don’t think Anet can deal with WvW or its community.

I don’t see that a map full of choke points and PvP type defense points as a progression. What we need are open grounds for the Guild raids and reasonable rewards for defense. Until I SEE that I wont be buying HoT .. TYVM

RAZZ
mezmebaby

in WvW

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

What makes you think they will? Companies rarely admit they made on error in their ways.

I’m not sure they will admit anything with regards to this

But how do you really feel?

You posted on page 14 and replied to me. Notice other posts with different names? Maybe others do share similar opinions. Imagine that.

Right? It’s almost as if different people have differing thoughts and opinions on things, like golem rush events.

Last I checked, WvW is even more populated than usual with folks playing with golems, not less. Certainly nothing that indicates people hate the event.

If it’s such a lousy event don’t you think people would vote with their feet primarily, in addition to their mouths?

Oh and BTW, if you’re trying to make a point with regards to the post count here: it’s a megathread merged with every repost regarding the event.

The positive and the negative. It’s neither impressive nor comprehensive. But hey, we have a week.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

Last I checked, WvW is even more populated than usual with folks playing with golems, not less. Certainly nothing that indicates people hate the event.

I can tell you, that what is usually a 4 map queue afternoon on Saturday, became 1 map queue afternoon, that indicates less people playing. No one commanded home bl whole morning/afternoon when there are usually 2-3 commanders all morning long.

There was massive queues on reset of course, WvW and PVE people had to test it, after that, the PVE player and WvW players tried it out.

After 1-2 hours, it was enough for most of WvW players, as you can check in forums, reddit, in-game etc…. People just logged out or went do something else. Lots of players will take a week off this game because of the event

Now, for the rest of the event, some people may stay of course, a lot of PVE players are still about to try it out and see “Oh, this WvW is really awesome, I take a lot of karma, I can level toons and I can get loot by spamming one, let’s add to the train”.

WvW players asked for changes in WvW, for real changes, competitive ones. Scoring system is broken, populations in maps are the main reason of all the problems, lots of bugs still there, siege damage is unbalanced… But yes, I guess it’s better to make PVE players come into WvW, give a big middle finger to WvW players for a week and “don’t worry, it’s just a week”.

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

What makes you think they will? Companies rarely admit they made on error in their ways.

Right? It’s almost as if different people have differing thoughts and opinions on things, like golem rush events.

If it’s such a lousy event don’t you think people would vote with their feet primarily, in addition to their mouths?

Oh and BTW, if you’re trying to make a point with regards to the post count here: it’s a megathread merged with every repost regarding the event.

The positive and the negative. It’s neither impressive nor comprehensive. But hey, we have a week.

The question is, are those people that are actually enjoying it going to come back once they cant just run around the map karma training?

They are farming and this weeks to go area is wvw for the farmers, next week they will be gone, so in that case this was not an event for the WvW’ers but for the PvE farmers to get some extra loot bags and wxp. Its not like they do not have anywhere else to go, EotM, Silverwastes even people still farming in Orr.

So this event was for the farmers to get their wxp up ready for HoT, except we all know that anet will change that up since you know they hate vets having an edge..

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

The question is, are those people that are actually enjoying it going to come back once they cant just run around the map karma training?

They are farming and this weeks to go area is wvw for the farmers, next week they will be gone, so in that case this was not an event for the WvW’ers but for the PvE farmers to get some extra loot bags and wxp. Its not like they do not have anywhere else to go, EotM, Silverwastes even people still farming in Orr.

So this event was for the farmers to get their wxp up ready for HoT, except we all know that anet will change that up since you know they hate vets having an edge..

Oh and btw I did vote with my feet.. ive played like 30mins since friday as someone that usually plays +4hrs a day, event is bad and most of my fl is empty when I do log in to check.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

The Queensdale Champion Train was very popular. ANet put a stop to it because it disrupted normal gameplay for the intended users of that map.

Coil in Frostgorge was very popular. ANet put a stop to it because it disrupted normal gameply for the intended users of that event.

Super Adventure Box was very popular. ANet put a stop to it because…well, I’m not sure why but its extreme popularity certainly didn’t save it.

ANet’s record shows that just because players like to do a certain thing doesn’t mean that thing is considered good for the health of the game. I don’t think there’s much doubt that this event is highly disruptive of the normal gameplay for the intended users of these maps.

My guess is that, since it’s “only” one week they will let it run its course and then we’ll all get back to normal and pretend it never happened.

If that doesn’t happen and this event marks the beginning of a trend not merely a badly-conceived gimmick then we can assume they intend to change the use of WvW maps from competitive large-scale PvP to non-competetive resource/wealth/asset gathering a la Silverwastes, with a small PvP risk factor thrown in for flavor.

Clearly it’s ANet’s prerogative to manage their game for the best commercial return and if they feel the WvW maps can be better employed for a different game mode that’s their decision. It would be only polite for them to make that clear in advance so those of us who prefer to use the maps as they were originally conceived cna make other arrangements and find other games to play instead.

(edited by Tiny Doom.4380)

in WvW

Posted by: Windy.1538

Windy.1538

Stop this event !

Apologize yourself to every WvW player !!!!

And disable golem in wvw until the end of the game !!!

in WvW

Posted by: fredler.7450

fredler.7450

PLZ PLZ PLZ turn it off , thank you

in WvW

Posted by: bretfrd.9308

bretfrd.9308

I’ve never really posted in anything like this. Usually I enjoy just about any wvw experience but if I wanted to join a stupid karma train I’d level a new toon and run around with the uplevels in EOTM. This is about as dumb an idea as I’ve seen assoociated with gw2. Your only truly loyal supporters is your wvw community and you consistently tell us you just don’t care about our experience.

(edited by bretfrd.9308)

in WvW

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

The Queensdale Champion Train was very popular. ANet put a stop to it because it disrupted normal gameplay for the intended users of that map.

Coil in Frostgorge was very popular. ANet put a stop to it because it disrupted normal gameply for the intended users of that event.

Super Adventure Box was very popular. ANet put a stop to it because…well, I’m not sure why but its extreme popularity certainly didn’t save it.

ANet’s record shows that just because players like to do a certain thing doesn’t mean that thing is considered good for the health of the game. I don’t think there’s much doubt that this event is highly disruptive of the normal gameplay for the intended users of these maps.

My guess is that, since it’s “only” one week they will let it run its course and then we’ll all get back to normal and pretend it never happened.

If that doesn’t happen and this event marks the beginning of a trend not merely a badly-conceived gimmick then we can assume they intend to change the use of WvW maps from competitive large-scale PvP to non-competetive resource/wealth/asset gathering a la Silverwastes, with a small PvP risk factor thrown in for flavor.

Clearly it’s ANet’s prerogative to manage their game for the best commercial return and if they feel the WvW maps can be better employed for a different game mode that’s their decision. It would be only polite for them to make that clear in advance so those of us who prefer to use the maps as they were originally conceived cna make other arrangements and find other games to play instead.

I wish i didn’t agree with you, but I do
My inner GW2 optimist has retreated to the safe room and will not be coming out soon I susupect

RAZZ
mezmebaby

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Technically they didn’t admit to that problem, they had no choice in the matter, because gaming review websites/magazines etc caught wind of the rage hate from the likes of reddit etc, and once word got about it was rapidly becoming a PR nightmare disaster for them, so they had to save face and change it,

Anyway back to the topic on hand, its this continuous silence from Anet that does the damage not the actual event in game itself, the Golem event was badly thought out, there was instant reaction from players of WvW before it went live and it was ignored, they did it anyway, there are glitches from duping the golems, keeping the damage boon outside golems, the icebow golem trick ( LOL )

Sadly im sure when they are sitting there looking at it, they are probably saying but yea look how full WvW is, it must be popular, well that’s because the K-train has moved from EOTM to WvW, and all the WvW guilds ( non PPT ones ) are all taking a week off,

If they could get away with completely nuking WvW as a game format they would, they just don’t care, like others have said if this was in sPvP it would have been hot fixed in an hour.

in WvW

Posted by: Ryke Blades.8219

Ryke Blades.8219

Sadly it simply once again looks like ANET hates true WvW. Every time I see them do something in WvW its been a disaster that encourages skilless blobs and ktrains, removing any kind of thinking and strategy and why all because its too hard for non WvW players to pick up instantly. If events like this and changes that insist on brainless zergs continues I don’t doubt that many WvW guilds will leave upon the release of Heart of Thorns. Afterall I already know of multiple guilds my server alone that are only staying with gw2 in hopes that heart of thorns does something right rather then completely destroy what we once loved.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

STOP THIS kittenING EVENT!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

The most annoying is when you try to have a fine fight but an icebow-golem comes out of nowhere (from stealth) with his 10k icebow hits and messes it up…

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

As long as you don’t go on reddit or facebook/twitter nothing will be acknowledged.

Theses wvw forums are the perfect way to keep the rage contained to a place NOBODY looks at.

Here’s an exemple:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3dqoco/are_you_an_exception_find_out_here/

Don’t hesitate to make more threads so we get the attention of other media/streamers/reviewers and therefore Anet.

EDIT: Started a friendly one myself:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3dtr39/a_cry_for_help_please_go_look_at_your_wvw_forums/

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

#stopthegolemevent

in WvW

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

This event is massive bullkitten. Just Karmatrains all along, nobody even bothering to defend or upgrade anything. Well done, Anet. Guess it will be SPvP only for me this week.

Caissech / Falásya

in WvW

Posted by: Waleran.9065

Waleran.9065

This golem event is awfull for a lot of wvw players.
It’s NOT fun, it breaks wvw dynamic and it’s too long ( 1 week.. )

So please Anet stop it.
1 week end, ok…if you like that. But now it must be stopped.
Anet do you really hear the player’s feedback ?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Dragonbrand and Gates of Madness have by all apperances ganged up on Kaineng, which for some stupid reason ended up against them on this week.

Maybe it looks like this cause some of us defended and upgraded our side while the rest of you just run around in golems. I wasn’t having much fun myself but will say its starting to become more fun stopping all you golem players from trying to k-train our stuff.

Got a few hate whispers from players on your server because I denied them the right to k-train our stuff. How dare I ruin your fun by defending and upgrading towers while disabling, pouring oil and shooting cannons at your golems. Keep running and wp’ing those golems every time they get disabled. It makes me laugh ever single time.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Vavume.8065

Guess it will be SPvP only for me this week.

The whole golem event was a cunning plan to make people go play spvp instead, since that’s the only way to get your pvp fix on atm.

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

Guess it will be SPvP only for me this week.

The whole golem event was a cunning plan to make people go play spvp instead, since that’s the only way to get your pvp fix on atm.

^This or sw farm. Winewrath is done really fast with all those wvw players who know how to use their kitten class. xD

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

This is great! Anet should do some more events like this all throughout the game to liven things up.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Watched most zergs dodge each other last night, well at least not the GvGers or Hardcore players, which is pretty sad. This week would be better with some scoring system experiement, rather than the usual PPT/Coverage wars on steroids.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Since you managed to quote me again where did I say they owe an apology?

Actually if you read what I said in some of the posts here we actually agree – if it isn’t well received then don’t play. Arena net will get the hint that maybe it wasn’t such a good idea. However, in between if people want to voice their opinion this is the place to go… It doesn’t matter what side of the fence you are on to me with regards to this event or whatever we are going to call it.

If you like it – game on.

in WvW

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

This event is designed to show how much the devs from the WvW team love WvW player’s. They don’t…

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

This is great! Anet should do some more events like this all throughout the game to liven things up.

Sure as long as the ext event is turning PvE zones into PvP zones. PvE’ers can enjoy the fun new experience of us slaughtering them for a week and WvW’ers will be encouraged to experience all the *snicker.. fun and challenging PvE content

Sounds like a win win in my book.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

My preference would be to let every zone be a pvp / WvW zone. Would be more fun than just mindless golem rush.

in WvW

Posted by: papy.8571

papy.8571

Next week maybe u could do another siege week arrow cart or ballista no supply Also but you can relocate them since you wanna ruin wvw so much with this golem week this event shouldn’t last a week it should be an hour a day or 1 whole day not 1 week it’s fun at first but. Things get stupid after a while k train everywhere

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

This event is designed to show how much the devs from the WvW team love WvW player’s. They don’t…

WvW team? Did I missed something?

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: root.2859

root.2859

Please stop this ‘event’; people either karma-train and die from bordom or wait forever for someone being lost enough to tag up for fights…

One day ok but ONE WEEK… this is a punch in the face of the whole wvw community, you guys must really hate us ;(