Golem Rush Feedback Mega-Thread

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

hey anything that helps me get closer to the veterans, i am all for it, i need to up my arrow cart and flame ram mastery.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Wonder if he gets paid per post or just overall forum influencing?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

This is why people dislike posting, cause you have to say things like that. Just cause you hate the event does not mean the event is bad, and just because I like the event, does not mean it good. I am allowed to have an opinion, just like you are.

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

hey anything that helps me get closer to the veterans, i am all for it, i need to up my arrow cart and flame ram mastery.

You get ranks fast enough without this event. They are also going to remove some buffs so you will need even less points when HoT goes live.
Earning all my ranks was hard work as a defender/scout/roamer and I regret not a single minute doing so because it was fun and not a stale and boring k-train, but at least someone is able to make the best out of it.

I hope they are going to stop this event or at least increase the drop rate for pres in SW and the mystic forge so I can also have fun! xD

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

This is why people dislike posting, cause you have to say things like that. Just cause you hate the event does not mean the event is bad, and just because I like the event, does not mean it good. I am allowed to have an opinion, just like you are.

You are allowed to have an opinion, and I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself. But the fact is this event has turned WvW into EoTM and taken away the entire WvW experience for a week.

The event is not bad because we hate it….We hate the event because it is bad.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and you shouldn’t have to suffer abuse for yours.

That said, its pretty obvious that a large majority of people on hear are massively against golem week.
I’ve not met on player on my server who has anything good to say about it, not one.

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

Who knows, you still have the same style in the normal borderland as eotm, the differnce is you defend points longer sure. I, really don’t see the hate bside you can’t defend as easily this week, but that just me, i know as many people keep saying, i don’t play wvw enough it seem, so i could be wrong

in WvW

HitmanHaydon.1053

Who knows, you still have the same style in the normal borderland as eotm, the differnce is you defend points longer sure. I, really don’t see the hate bside you can’t defend as easily this week, but that just me, i know as many people keep saying, i don’t play wvw enough it seem, so i could be wrong

A lot of people (me included) like upgrading, scouting and defending, that’s been rendered obsolete this week.

Its not just that though, its the fact that everyone knew what it would be like apart form Anet.
Its a lot of worries about the future (or lack of) the players have had for a long time, coming to ahead because of this issue.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’ve not met on player on my server who has anything good to say about it, not one.

Maybe you haven’t met any but I’m sure you can see them running around in golems. Thing is if someone was to say in map chat “wow this is fun” people would flame them, call them names just like they have done on these forums. I never get why people trash talk people on their own servers as all that does is lead to drama. I’ve never seen drama do good for any server.

Just like every other arguments in these forums the ones that enjoy it don’t speak out much. For every one person that says they do like something they have a horde of people bashing them. Its probably not worth their time to even post here so many people keep their opinions to themselves.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I think people failed to see the hidden benefits to this event.

When ANET first announced this event, I was so happy I knew right away the benefit this could be to world vs. world. However my joy was tempered with the anger I knew I would see here on the boards.

I knew I would see endless posts from people that were angry that they couldnt defend and play the game the same way they play it, day in and day out. Stuck in an endless routine that is slowly loosing people, and not gaining people to outweigh its losses.

I was sadly not wrong as I saw that this thread was already up to 17 pages and most of them are just rages. Somewhere a vast majority of people have lost site as to what is important to, A. them as a player, B. thier guild, And lastly C. WvW.

As a player most people that play MMO’s play them to spend with other people, as a player if you love that game mode then this event is only seeking to ensure that continues.

As a guild, taking this week off of all weeks is foolish. Why? In one night I recruited 20 new to WvW players. Who found this event amazing and wonderful.

If you love WvW your lack of vision and understanding of this event is sad as it is one of those huge moments that allows people to capitalize on new players and give them a taste of WvW in a non stressful light. New wvwers love Golems they give them a feeling of security and seeing the loot that you can abscond with a good golem run encourages them to enjoy and come back to WvW.

This game mode wont survive without new people, and if you think they want to sit inside a tower and a keep defending, thats why we have lost so many up to this point.

It is okay if that is your personal taste. You should of defended with golems? Who says they always have to be offensive. Many of the times my group was overrun was by tactical moves by our enemy to defend with golems.

It was alot of fun, and just something new for a week. Don’t worry it will be back to your preferred playstyle soon I just hope there are still people left for you to play with.

Take a look at T8 if you dont know what its like to play on a server with no one. People arent moving up, they are moving out.

in WvW

illenos.5134

Some players like to scout, upgrade and defend stuff. It’s pointless.

Some players are looking for challenging zerg fights with some tactic involved. It won’t happen.

Some players like to roam, killing other roamers, flipping camps to cut the enemy off their supplies, clearing some siege to prepare towers/keeps for the zerg, ninja flipping a tower quick with some other roamers and farming zerglings who want to get back to their zerg…guess what. It won’t work.

Most of those player are no casual players. They are dedicated WvWers enjoying what they like to do in WvW all day long. Right now I see most of them sitting around in LA or playing PvE or PvP while the casuals are going wild on the WvW maps farming the kitten out of it! That’s why most people on this thread dislike the event.

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Nearly every thread has someone like you who’s chosen to ignore the numerous reasons presented as to why this event is bad. That’s not a judgement of personal taste, but a considered judgement, meaning specific, detailed reasons have been offered to support a conclusion. You (and others) keep chiming in to say, “Well, I like the event!” or “I don’t understand why you all hate it”, when specific reasons have been detailed on every. fricken. page. and no pro-golem-er has bothered to engage any of them.

Please, stop trolling or start reading (and that’s not just directed at you).

in WvW

HitmanHaydon.1053

Maybe you haven’t met any but I’m sure you can see them running around in golems. Thing is if someone was to say in map chat “wow this is fun” people would flame them, call them names just like they have done on these forums. I never get why people trash talk people on their own servers as all that does is lead to drama. I’ve never seen drama do good for any server.

Just like every other arguments in these forums the ones that enjoy it don’t speak out much. For every one person that says they do like something they have a horde of people bashing them. Its probably not worth their time to even post here so many people keep their opinions to themselves.

Last time I went to wvw was Saturday.
I ran around EB for an hour and only saw 3 PEOPLE IN TOTAL.
No idea whats happening on others servers, mine absolutely hate it.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I posted a suggestion almost a year to date ago to make your voices heard but most of you are too vain to let your server status fall. Anyway, I’m going to go PVE because that’s what they say I do anyway. I’ll never get me Pre (The Legend) in WvW so I have to farm mats, sell them and buy the thing, then grind PvE or PvP for the Shards. Enjoy your new and improved version of WvW with the HoT release.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

So Anet people abusing your 100% damage bug are getting banned right? Because abusing a bug is considered cheating if I am correct.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Its only pointless because most of your server has given up trying or is out there k-training themselves. If anything there are not many fights this week at all but if you defend and upgrade your stuff you ruin the k-trainers fun by stopping them from doing what they want to do.

I defend our keep reset night with one other person. The group we were defending ran up to the gate and built a bunch of alphas. I tossed an omega and so did the other player. Guess what? We broke all there alphas when they got into lords room and we saved our keep. Pointless to defend you say?

Thing is no one is even trying anymore and most are here saying its pointless to do so. Use your golems to defend if you have to or build balis and watch them go BOOM. Yes it is not as much fun as before this event but there are still ways to try and make it fun.. Of course if you give up and think its pointless well you won’t have much fun..

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

Its only pointless because most of your server has given up trying or is out there k-training themselves. If anything there are not many fights this week at all but if you defend and upgrade your stuff you ruin the k-trainers fun by stopping them from doing what they want to do.

I defend our keep reset night with one other person. The group we were defending ran up to the gate and built a bunch of alphas. I tossed an omega and so did the other player. Guess what? We broke all there alphas when they got into lords room and we saved our keep. Pointless to defend you say?

Thing is no one is even trying anymore and most are here saying its pointless to do so. Use your golems to defend if you have to or build balis and watch them go BOOM. Yes it is not as much fun as before this event but there are still ways to try and make it fun.. Of course if you give up and think its pointless well you won’t have much fun..

What part of the I-dont-like-golems dont you understand exactly? I hate them, I never used them and I never will. They were poison before this event and this specific event has only got me to hate them even more. I want to fight not sit in a stupid siege mobile.

in WvW

briggah.7910

What part of the I-dont-like-golems dont you understand exactly? I hate them, I never used them and I never will. They were poison before this event and this specific event has only got me to hate them even more. I want to fight not sit in a stupid siege mobile.

I already said there are no fights this week so if you are looking for fights you won’t get them.. You can tuck your tail between your legs and give up. That is your choice or you can try to have fun by ruining the fun people are having in their golems. Cannons and balis are one way to do it but you have to upgrade to get cannons. If you hate golems so much there are tools in game you can use to destroy them.. I guess you are just not seeing them..

edit: I haven’t been in a golem since reset but I sure broke so many I lost count

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

When ANET first announced this event, I was so happy I knew right away the benefit this could be to world vs. world. However my joy was tempered with the anger I knew I would see here on the boards.

I knew I would see endless posts from people that were angry that they couldnt defend and play the game the same way they play it, day in and day out. Stuck in an endless routine that is slowly loosing people, and not gaining people to outweigh its losses.

I was sadly not wrong as I saw that this thread was already up to 17 pages and most of them are just rages. Somewhere a vast majority of people have lost site as to what is important to, A. them as a player, B. thier guild, And lastly C. WvW.

As a player most people that play MMO’s play them to spend with other people, as a player if you love that game mode then this event is only seeking to ensure that continues.

As a guild, taking this week off of all weeks is foolish. Why? In one night I recruited 20 new to WvW players. Who found this event amazing and wonderful.

If you love WvW your lack of vision and understanding of this event is sad as it is one of those huge moments that allows people to capitalize on new players and give them a taste of WvW in a non stressful light. New wvwers love Golems they give them a feeling of security and seeing the loot that you can abscond with a good golem run encourages them to enjoy and come back to WvW.

This game mode wont survive without new people, and if you think they want to sit inside a tower and a keep defending, thats why we have lost so many up to this point.

It is okay if that is your personal taste. You should of defended with golems? Who says they always have to be offensive. Many of the times my group was overrun was by tactical moves by our enemy to defend with golems.

It was alot of fun, and just something new for a week. Don’t worry it will be back to your preferred playstyle soon I just hope there are still people left for you to play with.

Take a look at T8 if you dont know what its like to play on a server with no one. People arent moving up, they are moving out.

It’s a good point. However, will they stay?

If the preferred playstyle is something those who like the event were not interested in before, why would they stay once it changes back? Will it cause people to actually be more disillusioned since regular wvw is not as fun for them as the golem event?

Won’t they just show up for a similar event and not play when it is normal rules? Perhaps wvw needs to change. It is entirely possible that I and others like me get left behind and wvw is built for a new generation which is fine.

MMOs evolve over time and sometimes they are no longer a fit. It then becomes the time to move on.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

But if we want to recruit new people to WvW, we need to do it with WvW activities and events. All this event does is bring PvE people from PvE and EoTM into WvW to farm for a week- and yeah sure maybe you recruited some new people who are REALLY loving the event. But next week, when all the golems are gone, the super crazy ktraining is gone, and real WvW comes back? All your new recruits are going to get bored and go back to EoTM and PvE land.

Trying to get new players interested in WvW with PvE events is just not going to work. As I said earlier, we need to have WvW-relevant events that bring new people in and show them the good stuff about real WvW. And honestly, even that won’t REALLY work until Anet decides to fix a lot of the big problems with WvW as it is: add better rewards, fix the population imbalances, reward for actual skill, etc.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You have spent the bulk of the weekend, posting the same thing multiple times in often the same thread, and all threads having to do with the event, I simply wondered if you were being paid to do so. If you like the event so much, I’m puzzled as to why you’re here most hours defending it, instead of actually playing.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

In tier 2 it feels that every fight guild is either taking a break or doing GvG in OS.

in WvW

illenos.5134

I was also scouting at reset night! Guess what? “50+ omega incoming” – “WTF?! REALLY?!” – “Sure” – “Outer gate down…”

kitten!

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

You have spent the bulk of the weekend, posting the same thing multiple times in often the same thread, and all threads having to do with the event, I simply wondered if you were being paid to do so. If you like the event so much, I’m puzzled as to why you’re here most hours defending it, instead of actually playing.

What else am i going to do during work, … work?, lol. When I get bored I read the forums, also, to be fair, if everyone would have posted smart, and not make multiple, it be easier to talk about it, and as you said, i enjoyed it, i will defend fun things and dislike bad things, lol.

in WvW

briggah.7910

I was also scouting at reset night! Guess what? “50+ omega incoming” – “WTF?! REALLY?!” – “Sure” – “Outer gate down…”

We tried to take back some of our bl keeps and same thing happened to us lol. I’m just trying to make some fun out of something that isn’t much fun and just sad to see so many players completely give up by not defending or upgrading. Some even poke fun at people that are still trying to upgrade and defend.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

It’s now Monday, still no fix, no patch, and not a single word?

I mean come on.

in WvW

illenos.5134

We tried to take back some of our bl keeps and same thing happened to us lol. I’m just trying to make some fun out of something that isn’t much fun and just sad to see so many players completely give up by not defending or upgrading. Some even poke fun at people that are still trying to upgrade and defend.

That’s why I am farming SW right now. Roaming against 50is golem monoblobs isn’t fun at all. The guilds have started to do scrims and GvGs but that is the only WvW action right now on my server.

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

So i check in my server for few minutes for the Golem Rush event. I see problems already.

1. Enemy Golems with their players take my server keep include our supplies every 5 minutes to 10 minutes. My server and their Golems ignore them and continue to take their keep.

2. ‘Rarely any fights’ because my server is already far into their keep land.

3. Repeat Step #1 and #2 Over again and Over again. Yes that is correct! that is all that happen, that is all Golem Rush Even is.

what i find interesting, the Golem Rush event did not even change my server #1 place against the other servers.

So my questions is:

What is the point behind the golem rush event if nothing changed?

It make no sense at all. Even many of my server players already not logging in wvw because of that.

Also. some of my server players do not even care if the enemy server take all of our keeps because it take 5 minutes-10 minutes to take them again

I find after few minutes i am only wasting my time for nothing. Same no challenge, Same no Risk-Reward, Same no Fun, Same instant kills, Same no skill-play, Same spam same buttons, Same Ignoring the problems, Same no serious change, Same Everything!

That is all!

Suggestion:

Fix Problems First Before Make Event!

(A player in my server made us laugh and said, “the Golem Rush Event only gives wvw: broken game mode better suits to wear” )

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in WvW

Nightshade.2570

If the preferred playstyle is something those who like the event were not interested in before, why would they stay once it changes back? Will it cause people to actually be more disillusioned since regular wvw is not as fun for them as the golem event?

Won’t they just show up for a similar event and not play when it is normal rules? Perhaps wvw needs to change. It is entirely possible that I and others like me get left behind and wvw is built for a new generation which is fine.

MMOs evolve over time and sometimes they are no longer a fit. It then becomes the time to move on.

Within Reason, staying is actually on our shoulders. Supporting the new comers comes down the guilds that recruit them. Anet cant control everything and we are the ones that have to do some of the work.

The only thing I want that I think Anet is addressing with guild halls, and guild changes ect, is more guild support.

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Within Reason, staying is actually on our shoulders. Supporting the new comers comes down the guilds that recruit them. Anet cant control everything and we are the ones that have to do some of the work.

The only thing I want that I think Anet is addressing with guild halls, and guild changes ect, is more guild support.

It’s got nothing to do with supporting them. The new people are coming because they find the golem k-train fun. They’re not going to stay in WvW when they realize this is not how it normally is. That’s what the post you quoted was trying to get at. Guilds can’t retain people who aren’t really interested in actual WvW to begin with.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Nightshade.2570

But if we want to recruit new people to WvW, we need to do it with WvW activities and events. All this event does is bring PvE people from PvE and EoTM into WvW to farm for a week- and yeah sure maybe you recruited some new people who are REALLY loving the event. But next week, when all the golems are gone, the super crazy ktraining is gone, and real WvW comes back? All your new recruits are going to get bored and go back to EoTM and PvE land.

Trying to get new players interested in WvW with PvE events is just not going to work. As I said earlier, we need to have WvW-relevant events that bring new people in and show them the good stuff about real WvW. And honestly, even that won’t REALLY work until Anet decides to fix a lot of the big problems with WvW as it is: add better rewards, fix the population imbalances, reward for actual skill, etc.

I am so tired of hearing, All this event brings is PVE people or EOTM people. As if alot of us didnt start there.

I did, I WAS A PVEER! Then I met a supportive guild that taught me how to WvW. I don’t know why people arent willing to see that PVE people are the beginnings of WvW. Pretending that WvWers are > PVEers is silly. There is tactical approaches to both things. You can be hard core about either and be a good player. Anyone willing to devote the time to encourage and teach a pveer often finds a phenomenal WvWer underneath.

I just don’t think people want to take the time to teach others and help them. Where do you get your WvWers from if not from PVE and PVP. Are they suppose to just arrive here from no where?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Well it turned into one big k-train because people refuse to defend and upgrade. You can stop the train if you try but so many have just giving up even trying since the event started. Now for outnumbered servers well not much to do to stop it so they have it the worst out of everyone.

We had wp in our keep and a fully upgraded side in EBG yesterday because we didn’t give up just because of some event. Some are still out running around in golems but most have gotten over that and went back to actually trying to WvW.

Yeah well our ebg is the ktrain corner, we managed to upgrade garrison to get a waypoint, the enemy tried a few times to take it with alphas, they failed. Then they decided to bring a zerg and 10 omegas, no stopping that, hard enough to do that with a T3 keep and a regular sized force armed with disables, nevermind with overcharged golems. Then they proceeded to take their force a spin around the map, we took garrison back only for them to come back and break every wall and gate down in garrison and bay.

It turned into a ktrain not because of players but because of the stupid buffs.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I am so tired of hearing, All this event brings is PVE people or EOTM people. As if alot of us didnt start there.

I did, I WAS A PVEER! Then I met a supportive guild that taught me how to WvW. I don’t know why people arent willing to see that PVE people are the beginnings of WvW. Pretending that WvWers are > PVEers is silly. There is tactical approaches to both things. You can be hard core about either and be a good player. Anyone willing to devote the time to encourage and teach a pveer often finds a phenomenal WvWer underneath.

I just don’t think people want to take the time to teach others and help them. Where do you get your WvWers from if not from PVE and PVP. Are they suppose to just arrive here from no where?

So you seem to think that if we just show PvE people how to WvW, they’ll love it? That’s like saying if you just show a WvW-er how to run Ascalonian Catacombs, they’ll abandon WvW and just run dungeons all day. Some people do not like PvP, and some people only like PvP, and some people came to WvW without going through PvE/sPvP first.

You can try to teach people WvW all you like (which is gonna be hard this week, because right now this is not what WvW is really like), but if that’s not their type of game mode, they won’t stay. And right now, they’re coming for the K-train and the fact that they get a boost to exp, etc. Will people get some new WvW-ers from this event? Yeah, probably. But there were better ways to draw new players in and show them actual WvW. Infact, there is an entire thread dedicated to putting forth new event ideas.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

illenos.5134

So you seem to think that if we just show PvE people how to WvW, they’ll love it? That’s like saying if you just show a WvW-er how to run Ascalonian Catacombs, they’ll abandon WvW and just run dungeons all day. Some people do not like PvP, and some people only like PvP, and some people came to WvW without going through PvE/sPvP first.

^This + most PvEers play just PvE because they don’t like the idea of getting killed by another player. Losing virtual lives is so scary! O.o

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Actually I somewhat agree with this. I was a dungeon runner exclusively for a long time. While I am not convinced this event is the best venue since the experience is so outside normal wvw, it does make sense something like this event is a good method for getting more people into wvw.

Ironically, this event has rekindled my interest in PvE. I find I am enjoying myself somewhat doing Silverwastes and Season 2 (I never finished ). I find it a good change of pace and very relaxing.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Pretty pathetic that there still isn’t an official response to this yet.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

illenos.5134

Pretty pathetic that there still isn’t an official response to this yet.

It seems like they are going to ignore it until all negative threads about the golem rush event are dead. Problem solved.

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Let me play devils advocate. Not that I think it was a good idea. Or that Anet don’t get it. And not that I like K-training. But some of the K-training blame lies on the players hands.

I had fun K-training – for about an hour and a half – and that was just because I was with my guildies having fun. The K-train bores me.

But a couple times we into some GvG – Golem vs. Golem – fights. One a three way in Red Keep. And that was great fun.

So the question is, “Why don’t the players play how they want?”. The players can certainly have some GvG’s but they just K-train mostly.

If players want to fight, then fight. Guilds get together and blow some K-trainers out of the water.

Or have a massive battle royal. Three way golem battles.

Make it fun. Sure Anet is out of touch and screwed up but if we want, we players can make something fun of it. The state of WvW is not only (mostly but not only) the fault of Anet. Sometimes the players don’t help.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Flip side Johje is that now everyone is gaining WvW ranks at an incredible rate to include levels and loot.

This is just a vague example I know because boosts and EoTM map sort of negates my argument / response but it is still somewhat valid. If you do not participate while maybe doing the right if you are in protest others are not and therefore gaining and taking advantage of the situation. To complicate matters there is the bug or exploit which is going around (yes, I got nailed with it several times via NSP (and I’m sure some of our boys on Ebay also partook)) it really should have been done only in the sandbox for which they originally designed being EoTM. That was, after all, the so called purpose of that map. To try new things while not disrupting WvW servers and ranks.

Now – to go along with what you said do any of us know if the weekly stats are distorted due to the Golem and said exploits? I do not know.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

briggah.7910

Let me play devils advocate. Not that I think it was a good idea. Or that Anet don’t get it. And not that I like K-training. But some of the K-training blame lies on the players hands.

I had fun K-training – for about an hour and a half – and that was just because I was with my guildies having fun. The K-train bores me.

But a couple times we into some GvG – Golem vs. Golem – fights. One a three way in Red Keep. And that was great fun.

So the question is, “Why don’t the players play how they want?”. The players can certainly have some GvG’s but they just K-train mostly.

If players want to fight, then fight. Guilds get together and blow some K-trainers out of the water.

Or have a massive battle royal. Three way golem battles.

Make it fun. Sure Anet is out of touch and screwed up but if we want, we players can make something fun of it. The state of WvW is not only (mostly but not only) the fault of Anet. Sometimes the players don’t help.

I tried to make this point several times but people would rather give up it looks. It is not much fun but take a break from the normal WvW for the rest of the week and try to make the best out of it. If the best you can make out of it is to give up well then so be it. Those that just throw in the towel are making it harder for people that are just trying to still have fun and make it through the week.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I tried to make this point several times but people would rather give up it looks. It is not much fun but take a break from the normal WvW for the rest of the week and try to make the best out of it. If the best you can make out of it is to give up well then so be it. Those that just throw in the towel are making it harder for people that are just trying to still have fun and make it through the week.

They don’t give up. They are struggling why this was placed in a ranked format of play (all be it server ranking) rather than EoTM.

Believe it or not there is a player base that takes pride in server and player ranks. This sort of made it the wild west and the so called exploit isn’t helping any. EoTM was promoted to be the sand box for this sort of stuff. That way it doesn’t skew any results for the week in regards to match / ranks / and points.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

We tried, 3 guilds went out during NA prime tried to have some fun yesterday. We were met with an opposing guild blob. Not only did they outnumber us, majority of their players exploited the Supercharged golem buffs. How exactly do you fight that?

It’s bad enough to watch golem zergs melt T3 doors rendering everything we know about WvW useless. Now we can’t even fight player vs player without people exploiting Supercharged golem buffs. And worse when a whole guild of 40+ does it.

Stop trying to blame people for giving up or throwing in the towels. This event was messed up and ruined a gamemode completely for a lot of people. There’s no way to make the best of it, and I sure as heck not going to become someone else’s bags just because they’re exploiting Supercharged golem buffs. Just kill the golems you say? Yeah, initially we thought killing golems would make opponents waste gold. That would’ve been a good reason to continue playing. That’s until we realized people were duping golems, so they have virtually unlimited supply of omegas and killing them meant nothing. What a complete waste of time.

People like you need to stop trying to put a positive spin on this messed up situation. And face reality. Anet is at fault for this whole thing, it’s their fault for not testing this in EOTM first, it’s their fault for not stopping this event after discovering exploits, duping, and such. It’s their fault now that on a business working Monday, that they still are avoiding this, no fixes or patches are in place, and not even a single word from Anet regarding this issue. Shame on them.

in WvW

briggah.7910

They don’t give up. They are struggling why this was placed in a ranked format of play (all be it server ranking) rather than EoTM.

Not everyone has giving up but most of the people saying upgrading and defending is pointless have. I don’t care how many golems or players are at your keep. If its under attack you should try to stop it. This week even commanders have come here and said there is no point in defending.. To me that is giving up and just letting others k-train your stuff.

Also if you check the rankings on 3rd party sites it looks like we will not be moving up or down so I don’t see the big fuss over rankings.. Its not like you are going to drop 3 tiers from this event or move up 3 tiers.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

briggah.7910

People like you need to stop trying to put a positive spin on this messed up situation. And face reality. Anet is at fault for this whole thing, it’s their fault for not testing this in EOTM first, it’s their fault for not stopping this event after discovering exploits, duping, and such. It’s their fault now that on a business working Monday, that they still are avoiding this, no fixes or patches are in place, and not even a single word from Anet regarding this issue. Shame on them.

I’m not trying to put a positive spin on anything. More like trying to show people that you can at least still try to have fun and if you can’t well don’t play. You will not die IRL if you don’t wvw for a week and get your joys off by killing people.

Also players are at fault by letting people k-train stuff all day by not defending or upgrading.. So what you tried and failed, does that mean just give up all together? For some it does I guess..

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

Hidden benefit?? you reaaly are a kitten kitten you kitten kitten….most of my server ain’t even going in WvW anymore this week and we should all do the same….this is not what I paid for or what I enjoy….and the Devs that keep imposing to us their fantasies should be fired right now!

in WvW

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

kitten this bullkitten I’m going to reinstall GW1 and do some FA or JQ even if it’s dead it will be more fun that this BS

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

kitten this bullkitten I’m going to reinstall GW1 and do some FA or JQ even if it’s dead it will be more fun that this BS

That’s pretty darn tempting. I really miss FA. They should replace that boring stronghold map with FA.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

That’s pretty darn tempting. I really miss FA. They should replace that boring stronghold map with FA.

Everybody to FA this week!

Seriously, I’m logging on now.

in WvW

illenos.5134

Another two hours of grinding SW and still no official respond but they took their time to bring up a new teaser regarding ele specialization…rip ele. I will miss you as much as my WvW!

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Another two hours of grinding SW and still no official respond but they took their time to bring up a new teaser regarding ele specialization…rip ele. I will miss you as much as my WvW!

I don’t expect an official response. Looks like the devs got killed by 50+ omega golems.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast