Golem Rush Feedback Mega-Thread

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

I’m loving the one guy defending the event and saying we should try and defend and try and enjoy it- or even funnier, spend money upgrading stuff.

It’s pointless upgrading anything when sooner or later it will be flipped by 20+ duped omegas or a blob abusing the exploits.

It’s pointless trying to fight said blob, unless you like being a bag.

So what’s left? Either log off (pve isn’t really our thing) or k-train and at least collect some loot while travelling around in circles. It’s marginally less boring than doing SW- at least in wvw every now and then you run across a blob and collect bags in a battle where damage figures are stupidly high.

Wvw players didn’t ask for this event, and all it demonstrates to the wvw regulars is Anet’s sad disregard for the game mode and it’s players after years of neglet.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I’m loving the one guy defending the event and saying we should try and defend and try and enjoy it- or even funnier, spend money upgrading stuff.

It’s pointless upgrading anything when sooner or later it will be flipped by 20+ duped omegas or a blob abusing the exploits.

It’s pointless trying to fight said blob, unless you like being a bag.

So what’s left? Either log off (pve isn’t really our thing) or k-train and at least collect some loot while travelling around in circles. It’s marginally less boring than doing SW- at least in wvw every now and then you run across a blob and collect bags in a battle where damage figures are stupidly high.

Wvw players didn’t ask for this event, and all it demonstrates to the wvw regulars is Anet’s sad disregard for the game mode and it’s players after years of neglet.

This is pretty true and sums it up. Add to the fact there is never any feedback. WvW is a train wreck at the moment.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Omie.4519

Omie.4519

WvW is ruined forever! (Tears)
Look at all these guys just chillin here peacefully dueling despite the exploit.. I thought the buff ruined WvW guys? btw this has beeen going on like this all day.
Could you guys be over reacting a bit?

Also I don’t hear anyone commenting on how supply is also currently bugged. I have been trying to spend this 50 supply all week and it just wont go away. I have built rams, ballistas, trebs…it just stays at 50

Attachments:

(edited by Omie.4519)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Look at all these guys just chillin here peacefully dueling despite the exploit.. I thought the buff ruined WvW guys? btw this has beeen going on like this all day.

Also I don’t hear anyone commenting on how supply is also currently bugged. I have been trying to spend this 50 supply all week and it just wont go away. I have built rams, ballistas, trebs…it just stays at 50

Here’s the funny part of his picture he blocked out the buffs on his bar, his group mates have the overcharge buff while not being in golems. GFG.

BTW you’ve already been caught

Attachments:

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Omie.4519

oh sorry here ya go. I cant help it if i get into a golem at the same time as somebody else. you understand bro.

Attachments:

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

oh sorry here ya go. I cant help it if i get into a golem at the same time as somebody else. you understand bro.

Right…whatever makes you feel special…

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

I don’t get it. What is so fun about wrecking other players with this kittening kitten of exploit. I guess I’m just too dumb to understand casual players. I became too serious! T_T

BTW I think I’m starting to get into PvP once again. The event works as intended…although I’m still missing an official statement…

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Joe.5218

Joe.5218

If u want an statement or something write on reddit or other open forums about the dumb exploit golem week. It dont care anet what u write here , no new users read it.

in WvW

illenos.5134

If u want an statement or something write on reddit or other open forums about the dumb exploit golem week. It dont care anet what u write here , no new users read it.

Yeah and reddit threads about it get closed. I would start a riot but they would even care less.

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’ve seen screenshots of your guildies spawn camping others with the buff. So in a way you guys are ruining it for people that you kill that do not take part in exploiting the game.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

I logged in today hoping some of the golem hype had died…saw 15 golems sitting at spawn and 15 more rushing out the side exit…logged off. See you guys in 4 more days.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Just got crit for 23k walking out of the spawn by someone with Supercharged golem buff. Logged off for the night, not going to bother with this bs.

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Still no response? Wth…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I know your just trolling, but to point out the obvious, no not the troll buff picture. The dueling. Here we are peacefully dueling… it is great you can duel pat yourself on the back. But dueling isnt actually WvW, and has no affect on the outcome of WvW. So your statement actually has nothing to do with WvW.

Anywho maybe Im just not giving you enough credit and you are twice the troll.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Omie.4519

I know your just trolling, but to point out the obvious, no not the troll buff picture. The dueling. Here we are peacefully dueling… it is great you can duel pat yourself on the back. But dueling isnt actually WvW, and has no affect on the outcome of WvW. So your statement actually has nothing to do with WvW.

Im not quite sure what you re trying to say here….Dueling clearly happens in wvw, along with Gvg skirmishes, and roaming…none of which have an outcome on WvW PPT or ranking…so none of these things are WvW? Are you not entertained?

(edited by Omie.4519)

in WvW

illenos.5134

Im not quite sure what you re trying to say here….Dueling clearly happens in wvw, along with Gvg skirmishes, and roaming…none of which have an outcome on WvW PPT or ranking…so none of these things are WvW? Are you not entertained?

They are also trying out points per kill right now. So you can remove scrims from your list. Roamers can have a heavy impact on upgrading and defending stuff and even ninja flip stuff…if they care about it and are not just another useless duellists type of players like those standing in front of sm all day long. Move to obsi ffs!

kitten!

in WvW

Omie.4519

Upgrading and defending isn’t roaming….It’s upgrading and defending. Im talking about small man roams that look for skirmishes. Dueling is a crucial part of sharpening your skills and making you a better player. Dueling spots in WvW definitely have their own culture and strengthen the community as a whole. I have made so many friends dueling in WvW that I would have never met waiting in OS. I have also recruited good players I have met in duels to my guild that I have played with for years. It is a part of WvW whether you acknowledge it or not and it isn’t going anywhere.

in WvW

Posted by: iPsychO.5043

iPsychO.5043

Implying that WvW isn’t dead because 5 braindead roamers who no one cares about are fighting in front of SM. Could you be any more clueless?

Thief: I Psycho Pk – Guardian: Supreme Protector
[Far Shiverpeaks]

in WvW

illenos.5134

Upgrading and defending isn’t roaming….It’s upgrading and defending. Im talking about small man roams that look for skirmishes.

I was talking about roamers who cripple the upgrading from your enemy and flipping all camps while they are under siege in their objectives. This is what I meant by “defending” and “upgrading”. It has a huge impact on the MU.

kitten!

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Sure bro, all four of you from the same guild mistakenly tried to get into a golem with another.
Wait, were you four playing musical chairs with one golem and it kinda happened?
Oh lemme guess some thief was going around trying to carjack all your golems at the same time as you all were trying get in.

Sure bro, sure, I understand.

Played with my guild all day sunday and not one of us accidentally got the buff outside of golems.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

I’ve seen screenshots of your guildies spawn camping others with the buff. So in a way you guys are ruining it for people that you kill that do not take part in exploiting the game.

So, don’t pretend you never had the buff on you. Don’t pretend that 7 people with the buff have an unfair advantage against zergs mad of golems with 100s of thousands of hp,
And last, make the fight “fair” and get the buff yourself or simply log off if you aren’t willing to get the buff in order to have a fair fight with others who have it.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

Sure bro, all four of you from the same guild mistakenly tried to get into a golem with another.
Wait, were you four playing musical chairs with one golem and it kinda happened?
Oh lemme guess some thief was going around trying to carjack all your golems at the same time as you all were trying get in.

Played with my guild all day sunday and not one of us accidentally got the buff outside of golems.

Must be TG guild fraps sent in with almost the entire guild group running it with accounts names listed Lets see what Anet do…

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

Must be TG guild fraps sent in with almost the entire guild group running it with accounts names listed Lets see what Anet do…

I swear I saw a player with your account name running around with the buff. Hmmm.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I dont even know whats worse anymore, the kittenty event or the fact that it makes players go after each other like a pack of rabid starved wolves. Who are we supposed to be angry at again?

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

I dont even know whats worse anymore, the kittenty event or the fact that it makes players go after each other like a pack of rabid starved wolves. Who are we supposed to be angry at again?

Angry at the people who want everyone and their mother banned but are using the exploit themselves? Or do you mean ANet?

in WvW

Posted by: Tieris.5317

Tieris.5317

Upgrading and defending isn’t roaming….It’s upgrading and defending. Im talking about small man roams that look for skirmishes. Dueling is a crucial part of sharpening your skills and making you a better player. Dueling spots in WvW definitely have their own culture and strengthen the community as a whole. I have made so many friends dueling in WvW that I would have never met waiting in OS. I have also recruited good players I have met in duels to my guild that I have played with for years. It is a part of WvW whether you acknowledge it or not and it isn’t going anywhere.

So you all cheat together? That’s not recruiting “good players,” that’s recruiting liars and cheats.

All you have to do to lose the buff is zone out of WvW and back in. If you had any scruples at all that’s what you would do. But we all know that answer to that.

in WvW

Tieris.5317

So, don’t pretend you never had the buff on you. Don’t pretend that 7 people with the buff have an unfair advantage against zergs mad of golems with 100s of thousands of hp,
And last, make the fight “fair” and get the buff yourself or simply log off if you aren’t willing to get the buff in order to have a fair fight with others who have it.

So what you’re saying is to join the cheaters? So typical of your mentality. You also know that players on foot with the exploit bug have so much more mobility and do more damage than golems “with 100s of thousands of hp.” A golem is stuck facing one direction when attacking and cannot move whereas players can constantly move while attacking not to mention have many more attacking options.

Sorry, I don’t want to be a cheat like you.

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Worst event ever. WvW completely unplayable.

in WvW

Tieris.5317

Angry at the people who want everyone and their mother banned but are using the exploit themselves? Or do you mean ANet?

Hop on over to my server and follow me around. I’ll show you an honest player who doesn’t use exploits like you. I’m far from the best and die a lot but I do it all on my own without resorting to the unethical.

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Once you get over the initial disgust, this is actually quite a hilarious situation.
They’ve literally driven players out of the maps with this event – WvW guilds don’t bother logging in and the ktrainers are still getting more karma/gold/wxp per hour in EotM.
I’ve never seen tier 1 this empty before. It’s a ghost town right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Mark.1679

Mark.1679

sigh still no response from Anet. Wll, few more days to go guys..

D/F frontline for [PUSH]

in WvW

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

A bit off topic reaction to this off topic post:

Then please go duel to Obsidian sanctum… If anything duelists are the only players that ever made me mad in WvW. Every time I see 2 players fighting I have dilema – help the player and risk getting shouted “get the kitten out of here” or not helping and getting called unhelpfull kitten. My opinion on duelists is very low… even to the point I nearly decided to attack regardless of circumstances on basis – i see enemy, kill it without questioning. And dueling is definitely not essential part of wvw, more like biproduct. That said I can’t order duelists not to duel in bl’s but I don’t need to respect them. Now as for GvG, I have seen spectacular gvg in obsidian sanctum, with no interference and high number of observers. Besides that, killing people and spawncamping using exploit is really low so you have already showed us how you help “strenghten wvw community”.

To the point:

But that said… the fact that you can chill “peacefully” in wvw shows that something is indeed not right… no more needs to be said to that. We can argue about what’s real point of wvw. We can say that if it’s fun then you are indeed having a good time however it seems that important part of wvw players is not having that good time. I still play wvw and enjoy it because of people (not duelists) and sometimes hilarious situations this event creates but it quickly get’s boring. It however makes me respect people that despite the circumstances, command, try to deffend and upgrade… that would be the only positive side of this event, and also loot.

in WvW

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

This event is kitten, kitten with kitten with side of kitten. I don’t even explain why, all the arguments have been already listened above. Don’t let this kitten continue more, stop it now.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I think ive discovered the plan. Lots of peoeple were already complaining that damage in wvw was to high, so here comes the golem buff bug! Now when they turn it off at the end of the week they can say they reduced damage in wvw!

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

illenos.5134

I think ive discovered the plan. Lots of peoeple were already complaining that damage in wvw was to high, so here comes the golem buff bug! Now when they turn it off at the end of the week they can say they reduced damage in wvw!

Nope. They just want to get us into PvP…and it works. My guild is right now PvPing or playing LoL!

kitten!

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Then please go duel to Obsidian sanctum…

That was supposed to be the location after all the drama last year. However, not many use it and the whole map is a ghost town. No longer required for map complete, no siege placement, no fights. Another fine example of a.net caving in and not knowing what to do with it.

Every time I see 2 players fighting I have dilema

Sort of. But at the end of the day they have a play ground that isn’t taking queue spots. So the way I see it – red is dead. Obsidian Sanctum or take it to sPvP.

But that said… the fact that you can chill “peacefully” in wvw shows that something is indeed not right… no more needs to be said to that. We can argue about what’s real point of wvw. We can say that if it’s fun then you are indeed having a good time however it seems that important part of wvw players is not having that good time. I still play wvw and enjoy it because of people (not duelists) and sometimes hilarious situations this event creates but it quickly get’s boring. It however makes me respect people that despite the circumstances, command, try to deffend and upgrade… that would be the only positive side of this event, and also loot.

You are not going to be able to hold a reasonable discussion with the fella because he was caught exploiting with his own image. Taking advantage of, cheating, abusing, exploiting, whatever you want to call it – he posted the image with the information and got called on it. What is the saying?

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Done with exploits and abuser and back on topic – I’m sure there is some valid data to be mined from the event. My opinion is that they are out of touch, designers, with regards to WvW. It could be time, it could be money, it could be no competition, and it could also be that they don’t really want the format in play anymore due to constant balance or code paths. But one thing that would be nice is the sharing or discussion of information so we at least would know.

in WvW

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

Still no response , i cant believe ure that stupid anet …..

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

This is only a week long event, so it really isn’t the end of the world. Some people really need to lighten up and learn it is only a game.

There has been one thing I got out of this event that I would like to see added. Seeing more mobile siege battles made me think of games like battlefield, where players could either run around on foot or could jump into a vehicle and fight that way. I would love to see some more types of mobile siege weapons added to the game, but not ones that players could build. I would like to see towers and keeps produce a limited number of these siege vehicles, with more being produced as the tower or keep gets upgraded. Maybe more types could become available with each upgrade tier.

These tower/keep produced siege vehicles would not be too powerful, not like the golem event golems. They would not be quite as effective as player built siege, but would offer a different way to fight fellow players in the field of battle, as well as offer other ways to assault structures. Or maybe the golem could be removed and replaced by these limited versions that are auto created periodically. Much like spawning tanks and helis in the BF games.

Dunno if others would like to see this, but I would love to see this kind of thing added, and I think it would change the way we fight each other, and make things a bit more interesting. Especially if you made the siege vehicles vulnerable to certain attack types. For example, engineer turrets or guardian symbols could be extra effective vs siege vehicles. Also, much like ballistas are used against other siege equipment, certain vehicles could also be better equipped to deal with other siege vehicles, while others would be weak vs players and siege, but strong vs gates and walls, much like stationary siege.

We are already seeing the introduction of this kind of thing in the new BL desert map, with the fiery dog you can turn into at the fire keep, so I hope to see more of this kind of thing.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Tank wars is → way

Only thing this is good for if truth be told is leveling alts and getting some quick loot. Outside of that it really isn’t helping much in regards to the total WvW feel or play style.

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

As much fun as golem rush week was at the beginning, it didn’t need to last a full week. Friday thru Sunday would have sufficed. The scores should have also been turned off for the week with no server gaining or losing glico or rank.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Rin.1046

I think the big problem with the golem event is, that they deal too much damage to players and there is no limit to how many can be built. If their damage was reduced and there was a hard limit on the total number of golems allowed in play at any one time, this event would not be as frustrating to some. Of course, there will always be those who do not like change of any kind.

Simplicity is complex.

in WvW

Rin.1046

As much fun as golem rush week was at the beginning, it didn’t need to last a full week. Friday thru Sunday would have sufficed. The scores should have also been turned off for the week with no server gaining or losing glico or rank.

It was likely a week long to give more players chance to experience the event, plus it fits with the current match duration and is easier to implement that way.

I agree with the scoring though, this event shouldn’t affect a world’s ranking.

Simplicity is complex.

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

But if we want to recruit new people to WvW, we need to do it with WvW activities and events. All this event does is bring PvE people from PvE and EoTM into WvW to farm for a week- and yeah sure maybe you recruited some new people who are REALLY loving the event. But next week, when all the golems are gone, the super crazy ktraining is gone, and real WvW comes back? All your new recruits are going to get bored and go back to EoTM and PvE land.

Trying to get new players interested in WvW with PvE events is just not going to work. As I said earlier, we need to have WvW-relevant events that bring new people in and show them the good stuff about real WvW. And honestly, even that won’t REALLY work until Anet decides to fix a lot of the big problems with WvW as it is: add better rewards, fix the population imbalances, reward for actual skill, etc.

I am so tired of hearing, All this event brings is PVE people or EOTM people. As if alot of us didnt start there.

I did, I WAS A PVEER! Then I met a supportive guild that taught me how to WvW. I don’t know why people arent willing to see that PVE people are the beginnings of WvW. Pretending that WvWers are > PVEers is silly. There is tactical approaches to both things. You can be hard core about either and be a good player. Anyone willing to devote the time to encourage and teach a pveer often finds a phenomenal WvWer underneath.

I just don’t think people want to take the time to teach others and help them. Where do you get your WvWers from if not from PVE and PVP. Are they suppose to just arrive here from no where?

I started in PvE too. WvW revitalized the game for me after PvE got stale. But the difference is that I decided to go explore WvW and give it a chance, and yes ultimately joining a guild is what made me realize the full potential and fun of WvW. But this week, players aren’t coming into WvW to give WvW a chance or because PvE has become stale- they’re here for the easy, fast loot of the ktrain. The ktrain is a pretty PvE thing, so anyone new who comes to WvW this week is still just coming here to PvE. And maybe a few people will really give WvW a chance when the event ends, but the majority will go back to whatever they normally do.

I just think there are better ways to promote wvw to new players. To start off, maybe anet should improve basic WvW rewards without making it a ktrain. Over the years PvE has become more and more and more profitable, I mean back in the beginning getting like 20g was a big deal- now you can pretty much make that in a day in pve. Yet WvW rewards haven’t changed, with the exception of the eotm ktrain. I feel like it can be hard for pve players today to transition from all the pve farming to WvW simply because how do you go from making all that money to suddenly making none? It doesn’t feel good. So if they make better rewards for WvW, then introduce a few of these promotional events- but ones that really encourage normal wvw play, that would be a better way to get players into wvw

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

Its the most boring week ever…. constant karma train…. horrible

Siren – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’m not pretending anything and I never got the buff on me without a golem. Seeing as I only been in golems on reset night and haven’t stepped in one since. You see unlike you guys, some people don’t need to exploit to have fun playing this game. Make the fights fair? Your making it unfair to everyone that doesn’t exploit.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

illenos.5134

Still no response , i cant believe ure that stupid anet …..

Now we both transferred to riverside so we can roam again and anet decided to come along with this joke of an event! Just fill up your supply of guild catas and wreck some guys in PvP to be prepared for reset.

Greets Awwdorable :P

kitten!

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

If they really wanted to promote wvw to pve players then they should have done it like they have 3 times in the past, the wvw tournament. Not some broken buggy event that paints a bad picture of real wvw, while also kittening off most of the real wvw players into not playing for the week.

Even putting the wvw buff up for a week every 4 weeks would work for quick promotions, just like the spvp buff that goes up for tournaments.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

Fire the guy who thought this was a good idea. And when we are at it, maybe hire some people there actually knows what they are doing.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

If they really wanted to promote wvw to pve players then they should have done it like they have 3 times in the past, the wvw tournament. Not some broken buggy event that paints a bad picture of real wvw, while also kittening off most of the real wvw players into not playing for the week.

Even putting the wvw buff up for a week every 4 weeks would work for quick promotions, just like the spvp buff that goes up for tournaments.

The easiest way would be changing WvW loot tables to offer better reward/effort ratio than dungeons or Silverwastes. As soon as the PvEers pull out their Excel sheets and realize where the loot it, nobody plays dungeons anymore. Nobody.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Which is what they should have done. Seriously, the sPvP tournament buff is simple and effective. You get more points, you have more mf, end of story. Why didnt WvW get just this? Why was golems thrown in there, out of the blue. The sPvP event never change the gameplay, yet golems break it. And it last a god kitten week instead of a weekend. Double standards to the max.

Sidenote: They still got a while left for the patch, its tuesday… Will they own up to their mistake? I can hear the cries already if there isnt even any patch this week, just during an event that break WvW.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)