Golem Rush Feedback Mega-Thread

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

And now we have to put up with this for entire week!? I wish ANet would TEST these ideas in EotM first. Or in some other area of the game nobody cares about.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Has this already started on EU servers? I’d be curious as to how its going.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaidy.1824

Jaidy.1824

Agree, this event is terrible. Guess its a week of PVE or PVP.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

At least they did this on flippity friday… but yeah its awfully broken .

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

Actually one of the most stupid idea i saw since that patch on Asheron’s call where they shuffled all mobs across the maps/world … can someone do a smart thing for that game and fire the guy who get that idea ?

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

in WvW

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

Anet couldn’t even wait for the current match to end.

Guess I’ll find something else to do for the next week.

Thanks Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

For years we have called for less golems, they brought us more….
We cried for new maps with the original essence of the current ones. We get EOTM 2.0…..
We asked for less pve in wvw maps. We get more, so much more….

This event is a sham and I’d much rather have seen a week without golems, or catas, or trebs, or my favourite without AC’s!!!!

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Fun event. It’s more fun and harder to play golem than warrior.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

What the actual kitten?! You couldn’t wait until the match was over to start this bullkitten?!
We’ve got about a 500 point difference in PPT in T5 right now, this match was going to come down to the last minute and now it will be decided by who has the most gold…..
kitten you anet

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

The right question is which drug did they use in their office? it seems a really good one.

in WvW

Posted by: Ranger Emeritus.2905

Ranger Emeritus.2905

Well I am glad somebody is having fun. Speaking as you who scouts and roams this is not my cup of tea. I hope my side at least has a T6 node or 2 so I can make an appearance.

in WvW

Posted by: Dusk.3149

Dusk.3149

this is just aweful

[IM] Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

It is awful, can’t play unless as a golem as no point, just get steamrolled, no point in upgrading anything, so boring.

in WvW

Posted by: Bad Nursie.2876

Bad Nursie.2876

Turn it off, please.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Why is it awful. What’s happening? Is everyone in Golems? Is there a limit to the number of Golems on a map?

in WvW

crazy.9083

Yes, everyone is golems, no idea if there is a limit, but if you aren’t a golem there is no point in attacking..they should have at least not made them stronger.

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

And now we have to put up with this for entire week!? I wish ANet would TEST these ideas in EotM first. Or in some other area of the game nobody cares about.

I don’t get it, you think it fair to not do it for the week? I mean what if there are players who can’t do this event on the weekend, they are only on Tuesday, they should have the right.
A week for a fun event is more then fair to give most play a fair shot.

in WvW

Posted by: cobbah.3102

cobbah.3102

This has to be the most inane thing Anet have ever come up with ,wont be WvWing for a week such idiocy they hiring 12year olds as developers these days its as bad as pvding a door with a zerg . Another reason to hold off pre-purchasing Heart of Thorns. Read the forums Anet and stop this madness (as if)

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

But remember ANET paid attention to every post about the LAG in WVW so they thought they would make it better by having 200 golems on a map at the same time.

This was clearly designed to remove extra siege from the market, or they are trying something for the new boardland who knows when it comes to Anet,

I wonder what will happen when someone drops a Siege Disable trap on that enemy zerg now.

Oh well just shows that Anet does not play WvW like the rest of us.

Come soon, ARROW CART WEEKS, Free AC’s for ALL.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Nuh-huh .. next up, AC helmets. Permanent and portable ACs for all!

What’s sad is I really like siege, I like playing the chess game with it, but I’m not digging this — I will probably sit the week out.

in WvW

crazy.9083

Nuh-huh .. next up, AC helmets. Permanent and portable ACs for all!

What’s sad is I really like siege, I like playing the chess game with it, but I’m not digging this — I will probably sit the week out.

Yup, already logged off to watch some tv!

in WvW

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

Slow hand clap
Utterly, utterly clueless about what WvWers want Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: IamHades.6079

IamHades.6079

The most stupid and no sense event in wvw in history of gw2……..

Thank you for destroying wvw……. I hope you turn it off tomorrow…..

in WvW

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Starting today, the most frequently encountered profession while roaming in WvW is NO LONGER MESMER! It is ‘Mesmer Inside of a Golem’. GG

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Well they want to test how siege will work after HoT… grab something from your bag and insta built…

Its like, build a car from something u have in your pocket and steam roll the adversary.

IMO the new BL is awesome but Anet will KILL the game mode with other “addons” , that is for sure.

it might lead to a huge cummunity segregation…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Has this already started on EU servers? I’d be curious as to how its going.

few seconds to get every gate down, so forget about defense or upgrading. Unless you also run in a golem zerg, it’s the dumbest event ever.

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

This is showing to be fun, and a shake up from the norm. Your taking this way to seriously guys, it a game, get out there and \have some fun. I manage to kill a golem and it rider, I think it was already damage, but it was funny getting it to chase me, lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Uh whatever. Let those who will not enjoy the event which includes myself make room for those who will.

I do wonder if there will even be queues tonight for reset.

No matter, I got a large Netflix queue to get through. Now have the time.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: Ganz.3917

Ganz.3917

I wish Anet would release the numbers on the decrease in WvW activity this week.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

They started this before reset? Wondered why people were still running through things like EoTM.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

Golem idea is just ridiculous, just a movement to make WvW more ‘PVEadable’. For people that actually cares and jsut plays WvW is the worst movement ever, no poitn to upgrade or defend anything, no point for the poeple to log in to WvW.

This could be nice in EOTM where points don’t matter at all, doing this in regular WvW is just a really really bad idea, after 1 hour it is already boring, ppt everywhere, brainless, no fun,

in WvW

Posted by: galoo.9534

galoo.9534

I havent seen so stupid event ever. There is no sense to protect anything, there is no sense to fight without golems, there is no sense to play wvw for this week.

(edited by galoo.9534)

in WvW

Posted by: Khaledor.4830

Khaledor.4830

GG anet you did it again. What a boring week is awaiting for all of us.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

What they can come up with sometimes to avoid having to work on a better server and PPT system…

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

TEARS
EVERYWHERE

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

They started this before reset? Wondered why people were still running through things like EoTM.

Naw, they started it up on EU reset time.

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I hope they dont take the feedback of people who have played it for all of 10-15 minute too seriously. There will always be people who are resistant to change and refuse to give things even the smallest of chances before going on the attack.

Let’s let the week play out and, if it proves to not be fun, make suggestions on how it could be made so. Saying “it’s horrible” or “it’s pve” (which it definitely isnt unless the golems start controlling themselves) this early isnt really constructive feedback. Its complaining to be complaining.

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

I hope they dont take the feedback of people who have played it for all of 10-15 minute too seriously. There will always be people who are resistant to change and refuse to give things even the smallest of chances before going on the attack.

Let’s let the week play out and, if it proves to not be fun, make suggestions on how it could be made so. Saying “it’s horrible” or “it’s pve” (which it definitely isnt unless the golems start controlling themselves) this early isnt really constructive feedback. Its complaining to be complaining.

#

have you read the threads recently? Because I doubt Anet does and so they are unlikely to see any feedback so it does not matter what people say.

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

in WvW

Posted by: Ganz.3917

Ganz.3917

So they should ignore the feedback of players who have been in WvW since launch? Resistant to change? This is permanent, this is a gimmick. We can already tell this will not be fun because it further brings out many of the glaring issues that are already present. It’s not only that game mode is horrible, it’s a big middle finger to long-time players.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Anet is so out of touch with this game is it any surprise they added an event like this?

Just abandon wvw for the coming week

in WvW

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

Look all I know is that gw2 devs are totally in touch with their playerbase.

in WvW

Posted by: Columb.3572

Columb.3572

it is boring… no sense to upgrade anything… no sense to take supply … no ability to normal defense …. soon we will have fighting 50 golems vs 50 golems….may be it is funny but 1 or 2 time …. but not for a week

in WvW

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

The problem is that they never do anything thinking of wvw playerbase, always thinking on PVE players, the change, even temporal will make some people to stop playing the game for a week, already knwo some that said they will do that and havent played reset so far.

Queues got huge on reset, 2-3x times the ones last week for example, will be karma train week, pvd against structure, take things in 2 mins and continue the rotation, no point to upgrade, no point to defend, just take blob, go somewhere make 30 golems and take it in 1 min.

For people that will tell about scouts and everything, it’s impossible to have 24/7 scouts, even with scouts it will be impossible to defend against that

in WvW

Posted by: Columb.3572

Columb.3572

that week people will leave wvw…

in WvW

Posted by: leonmaster.1723

leonmaster.1723

just going to leave this here

https://youtu.be/LrIK1Inf2qk

Edit: have emailed it to anet but this has been in game for almost 3 years now and not fixed now with the golem buff

in WvW

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

is this a kittened april’s fool ? I’m on kittening Anvil Rock we are facing GoM right now and probably will face them after reset…they got 10 times the people we havethey can PUT Oj’s on each keep we own at once imagine that with golem….IDK this event suck and low pop server will just be dead this week and tbh WvW is the only reason I play GW2 thanks for screwing up our fun Anet….my guess is they fired every Dev that worked on GW1

in WvW

Posted by: tichai.4351

tichai.4351

Had Anet had the sense to make ALL siege require 0 supply, it might have worked. After 2 hours of this Bull Kitten it’s enough to make any sane WvW player quit in disgust.

If I wanted EotM style play I would have gone there but a week of this crap is way too much

Scrub Guardian [CHvc]
Gunnar’s Hold www.gunnarshold.eu

in WvW

Posted by: NiVy.3249

NiVy.3249

Yeah, just chaos. Can’t defend anything, only thing to do is join the golem blob and run in a circle around the map to collect karma…. Should have saved this event for aprils fools 2016.

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Welcome to the future of wvw…karma train golems flipping towers.

This is a pre cursor of the new bl map where environmental effects and a pve event wipe your doors while you sleep, add in sup siege choke points and let the exodus begin…

I’d say ‘I told you so’ but then again, so did everyone else.

Oh well, wonder how high omega golem price will go…