Golem Rush Feedback Mega-Thread

in WvW

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Its good to have a little chaos now and then. But we all know the entire point of this is to drain Golem resources for the new maps, which I’m going to wager golems are going to be very powerful in.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So this is how providing feedback on the forums will be – anyone who says they enjoy it even a little will be labeled “bad” or a “pve player” – or insulted in some other way.

That is a common political tool for controlling the outcome of a conversation – make the conversation so toxic that anyone disagreeing will simply stay away. That kind of pervasive negativity pretty much invalidates the forums (for this topic anyway) as an effective way for developers to gather feedback, imo.

This is true. I don’t bother reading anything that has that form of argumentation. The idea of a true wvvw’er is inherently fallacious (well, there’s a definite case for distinguishing EOTM) [It is fine to point out lack of experience though when it is relevant.] Though I won’t lie. I haven’t really seen any substance in arguments supporting the event beyond a vague description of novelty.

It’s fine to express your displeasure at the event, but it’s not ok to shout other people down. It’s unnecessary and any disconnect between the realities of WvW are self-evident in one’s post. Although, heh, can you truly be out of touch with a game when the creators are uncertain how it should work?

With that out of the way, given that I’m hearing the changes occurred before resetting is very disturbing.

It’s also pretty clear that there was significant negative feedback before the event, and well, can you truly be surprised?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Sooo which dev actually thought this was a proper fun idea to implement as an event ? Could you not foresee this kitten from happening?

The sheer lack of forethought and the fact that it is such an out of touch decision points to Devon Carver.

No this was Josh Davies idea, he is a cool guy but he should prob just stick to spvp ideas, he is not a wvwer.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Again, why don’t they have a wvw team. Why is the spvp guy giving ideas for a mode he does not play. Saving money on employees is getting really old here

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Natoba.5042

Natoba.5042

This game mode is really fun. I’m looking forward to playing some WvW over the next 7 days.

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I really wish they would turn it off or reduce the golem power. This is not fun. They could make the cost half and 25% more damage/movement speed and it will be still worth it.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Josh Davies should stick to spvp.
Servers avoiding fights to karma train (I’m looking at you Frenchies). The last thing wvw needs right now or ever.

Contesting circles with an endless supply of golems is also kittened up.

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

So why did you make a new topic instead of posting it in one already made? Why is it boring. Is it cause you have to play differently?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

When in doubt, check posting history.

/nod

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s not even reset, and it’s already started?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’m high ranked and people called me a EoTM noob yet I don’t even go into EoTM. People just assume I farmed my ranks in EoTM which isn’t the case. Same thing happened to ranks in PvP as people claimed everyone farmed to rank 80 with skyhammer lasers. Some people do farm ranks but not all of us do..

I have a lot of toons and mainly use 3 in wvw. The times I go and try out a toon I’m not so good on I will say I get abused by people through whispers, corpse jumpers, siege tossers, and emote spammers. I become the target for most because I guess they think high ranks drop precursors.

Most whispers tell me to go back to EoTM. How do I go back to something that I only tried when it first came out?

Most people on my own server don’t know my rank and only thing high ranks will get you is more haters.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

Trust me, I don’t mind what people call me. Words don’t hurt, unless your being hit by a book, lol. I know not everyone like this event, but also, who like all of them. I just try to find the fun, and it only a week, then it back to the defense routine, heh.

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

just going to leave this here

https://youtu.be/LrIK1Inf2qk

Edit: have emailed it to anet but this has been in game for almost 3 years now and not fixed now with the golem buff

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. GG Anet

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: chaly.7638

chaly.7638

Our Guild isnt gonna do WvW this week, just broke the only game construct I enjoy, tnx Josh

Heard this about 5 times during the reset in our WvWvW Teamspeak – different WvW guilds..

in WvW

briggah.7910

Ops I went off topic with my last post but I will say this, some people do like this and so far I’ve seen people doing it on each of the 3 servers in current match up. Reset for us is in about 30 mins and I’m sure the next servers we will be matched up with will be doing it as well.

I did it a little while ago maybe for 1 hour and will say that if you are not in a golem it will suck. I was hitting players for 6-7k in an alpha golem. Will probably try an omega at reset probably until my golem dies as most pointed out its fun for about that long and its mostly one big k-train. Not a big fan of those tbh..

If anything maybe next time some event like this happens keep it to EBG and leave the other maps alone so those that want to actually WvW still can. Even though EBG is my favorite map since I can always find someone to fight, I’d still suggest it for maybe one map.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Shaylus.6124

Shaylus.6124

This thread, every WvW player.

in WvW

Posted by: Captain Shinypants.1987

Captain Shinypants.1987

Juvenile at best and not thought out nothing else to say about this “golem concept” Anet’s underlying motives are ……..

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

Can’t golem guard the keeps too? Maybe when I lay, but we are doing the same thing, running from point to point, take them over and such, defend sometimes, other time attack.

also, it just a game, dont get stress out on a game, lol.

in WvW

Posted by: epsilon.2698

epsilon.2698

Their posts say no, Anet, but you know the player attrition says yes. Finger on the pulse.

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

I don’t want them left out of the normal wvw maps, as eotm maps can sometimes not be fun, though hopefully the next event might be better received .

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Everyone realizes this, right? With the high demand for golems and their now incredibly high prices… The golem stocks are going to deplete, the prices will either rise or stay the same and golems will very likely become much less common when the event finishes because people won’t want to spend that kind of money.

Since so many people hate golems and want them nerfed, etc… This event will do almost exactly that by nerfing their usage post-event.

Have fun with this week of chaos. It’s a video game remember and it’s here for entertainment not grief. Personally I’m having a blast and haven’t had this much fun in WvW in ages. Pull your heads out of your butts and smile once in a while…

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

How many time did we see people ask that they removed all towers/keeps and just make WvW about fighting. Well, now you have it!

This event should be considered a god send for any fighting guild that is tiring to fight players that always run behind gates and sit on arrow cart.

Note: If you get killed by a golem, you are a terrible player.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Golems can be bought with badges, that are gotten from .. flipping towers/killing players.

It won’t deplete the supply.

It may get rid of long-existing dupes tho from previous patch bugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

it doesn’t address anything, stop making kitten up

in WvW

briggah.7910

Note: If you get killed by a golem, you are a terrible player.

Terrible players in SS or just OP golems????

Check my stats in golem. If you can live from one please share your build :P

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Well now in T1 EU, you have people constantly flipping each other’s keeps, kodash doesn’t have much night presence though.

One thing’s for sure if you still care about PPT competitively for some reason, you have to avoid fighting each other, which isn’t anything different I know, but now golems melt gates of course; basically it’s a Karma train -_-.

Note: Glicko should be frozen for a week or something.
Note 2: People on Desolation still think WvW/PPT is SRS BSN.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Why on earth was this implemented?

Can you please disable this? We finally got a good matchup and it’s ruined.

in WvW

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

Anet won’t admit they made a mistake, and they’ll let this crap run for the entire week. Again, to them, if you don’t see things their way, there’s always WoW.

in WvW

Posted by: Erron.8976

Erron.8976

this is bull crap! remove this event! another thing is that after the event do they keep these golems?

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I don’t need 54 for golems now.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Safir.9203

Safir.9203

Holy kittene, turn this gimmicky event off. Not fun and all and clearly a sign that Anet has jumped the shark. Seems like they want to give us every reason to quit the game. Getting tired of your b.s., Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

This isn’t Guild Wars 2. And it just isn’t fun. Thanks Anet.

At a minimum, please reduce golems to their normal speed.

in WvW

Posted by: roger.1364

roger.1364

really messed up golem event time to uninstall game guys no need for class’s or skill in game

in WvW

Posted by: sadking.9625

sadking.9625

I am not going to play GW2 much, if at all this week. That’s fine, it’s a game. I have stuff around the house to do anyway (oh, who am I kidding? Just going to get some CS:GO in).

But if they’re going to do this, then I hope Anet will throw roamers and small teams a bone, too. Give huge debuffs to groups larger than, say, 10 people in the lower tiers and 20 people in the high tiers.

Throw fight guilds a bone by making a PPK-only event.

The abomination of a game mode that is WvW right now is not WvW. Next week, things will go back to normal, and all the fair-weathers and casuals will go back to zerging in WvW once or twice a week. It’s not going to change anything, and this just feels like a huge middle finger to people who were already in WvW.

Anet, you don’t need a WvW team. You just need someone who gives any kittens at all about WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Whalerus.1934

Whalerus.1934

Please end this event ASAP. This completely removes the thing I want from WvW, namely group fights. There is no need for inter-class cooperation, no need for any sort of strategy. All fights are reduced to one dimensional finger exercises as I repeatedly press 1.

This isn’t even mentioning the bugs that came with the event, which render any sort of normal fighting useless (Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3dnzom/bug_supercharged_siege_golem_buff_also_effects/)

(edited by Whalerus.1934)

in WvW

Posted by: davidiven.9408

davidiven.9408

instead of fixing wvw problem, they put that kitten event
WP anet, you only care pve

in WvW

Posted by: garull.8956

garull.8956

Would it be possible to finish the event sunday night please?

Thank you

Decisive Gg [NS]

in WvW

Safir.9203

more like end it now kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

All aboard the xp train! Golem week is a terrible idea , it was fun for about an hour then you realise this is not real wvw , is boring and pointless to even be there

in WvW

Posted by: roger.1364

roger.1364

anet please end this event as soon as possible anet ruins the game again

in WvW

Safir.9203

Actually, since Interstelleria just released, thanks a ton Anet. Glad to have an excuse to stop playing your crap game and spend my time elsewhere playing something that’s actually cool.

Whoever thought this was “fun” needs their head examined. This golem event is the most poorly thought out “event” I’ve ever seen in a game. Shows zero forethought or consideration of the playerbase.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Logged off an hour into reset. This snit is terrible

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: longhaul.7462

longhaul.7462

So today a logged in and I think Anet messed up with the patch or something, because Golem’s only take 0 supply to make, this need serious fixing. Its a game breaking bug to WvW players, I don’t know how this huge bug could slip through Anet’s patch team, do they even look at WvW?

(edited by longhaul.7462)

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Anet, please stop this golem event. Here’s the story.

So, tonight I was hosting a LAN party with my buddies in my mom’s basement. The three of them were very interested in purchasing GW2 tonight so we could all play. Well, to my dismay I log into WvW and all three of them witness what is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen done to the game.

So, thank you so much. Now they aren’t buying the game. Two of them were so disgusted they went home and now it’s just my mom and I sitting down here watching me play during this horrible event.

The only plus side is I have more tostito’s pizza rolls to myself.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Lol.

Sorry, your question is obviously sincere, but take a peek at other threads

And thanks for the giggle.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

Seriously this is annoying, my friends and I are running around with golems (and we are following the zerg) but we are having difficultly discerning each other in the heat of battle…because we all LOOK THE SAME.

An easy solution to this would be to temporarily make the golem skins simply look like a “bigger” version of our actual characters.

This would also make it so enemies would have to be careful in attacking our group because they will need to take a moment longer to tell who is a player and who is a “golem”.

Thoughts???

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Better yet, end it now, while you’re at it fire who ever had this brain storm.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Or each of you in group takes turns targeting one of you?

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

This is their way of showing us they think WvW is a joke, a really bad terrible joke, end it already.

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

Cute event… for maybe an hour. Not even that. No one wants to fight; everyone just backcaps then ports back to protect their golems (they cost 4g a piece so why wouldn’t they?). This event should only be a weekend event.

PLEASE turn this off earlier than intended. It should be gone by Monday morning PST. It’s just not fun when everyone is avoiding fights. I come to WvW for bags and tags… but if there’s no one on the map to hit then why bother playing it at all?

Ele for Hire