Ark Bladesteele.2943

Forum page bug.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Golem Rush will be AWESOME! Chill, naysayers

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

OP, two things;

Firstly, i like the idea of any change and will be flipping camps killing yaks etc in a golem.

Secondly: You posted… "Inaccurate blanket statements like this, using “everyone” “always” and “never” often result from this social effect.

FOLLOWED BY

" Now, is there a vocal minority that dislike golems? Definitely."

Please refrain from Inaccurate blanket statements like this……..

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

And it will be FUN!!!

Why?

It’s a ‘vacation’ from WvW
The WvW you know and love is not going anywhere. Regular ol’ WvW will be coming back the following week. Think of this like a vacation, spring break, a chance to go wild and have fun. After the smoke clears, we’ll be back to stacking on tag, empowering, blasting water fields, and flash building rams just the same as always.

I think you are overestimating the time people have available for playing GW2.

One entire week of “broken” WvW during summer is a lot. Maybe it was their only week of the summer where they aren’t on a vacation/moving to a new town/making up for school, or have only two weeks free from work that they planned to partly spend on WvW sprees with their guild/buddies. Serious WvW, not lolsorandom zergfests.
That plan is now ruined.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

1week were it is different is not so bad, how knows maybe they also do so Tower/keeps are max upgraded direct.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well as someone said, you could be constructive with your dissent.

So occupy a camp, build 50 rams and no one on the border can have golems. I assume thats what constructive meant? :P

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

Honestly, I like the idea, it sounds funny and I always loved the omega golem. Upgrading the warfare, lol. Keeps will be upgrade for sure, because of who wants to miss the waypoint?

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

And don’t forget the revenant weekend this weekend, where pre purchasers can roll a revenant and play in wvw (I wonder how many upscaled revs will be ruining wvw that weekend..)

exactly 0 because Revs will be Auto 80 by Default after Creation

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Why would i need you to tell me how to feel about something ? Im perfectly able to read and make my own conclusions.The golem ’event" is ridiculous no matter how u put it,anet just has no clue wth to do with wvw or bring in something fun..not something of annoyance that hasnt been thought through.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I guess my basic problem is, it seems like sometging that could be fun for a couple hours. But once the novelty wears off, and you have tried all the things you ever wanted to do in a golem, it will be down right boring. Although i will probably laugh the first time i see a zerg of golems spawn camping.

Im just worried that after and hour or two the joke will be over, and since wvw is about all i do in GW it is pretty much a week vacation from a game i enjoy playing. I guess anet should be happy ESO just annouced a level raise to VR16, since that is the only thing that will keep me away from there.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Yes they should probably limit it to Friday to sunday and then Monday to Friday test Active Point system.

in WvW

Posted by: Rich.1528

Rich.1528

Nice, one week of something different from current wvw boredom

Richmond
Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

You posted… "Inaccurate blanket statements like this, using “everyone” “always” and “never” often result from this social effect.

FOLLOWED BY

Unlike the vague "we want this and we hate that!’ people tend to spam, thinking they speak for everyone, my vocal minority statement is a verifiable fact, not an opinion based on believing everyone agrees with me. Saying “all of us like blue skies” and saying “the sky is blue” are very different. One is false consensus, the other is a fact.

The entire GW2 forum population is only a fraction of the GW2 player base.
The WvW forum represents only a fraction of the GW2 forum base.
The ‘vocal minority’ who makes wild claims based on the false-consensus effect are only a fraction of the WvW forum base. They are ‘vocal’ because, relative to the population base, they possess a high post frequency regarding a specific number of topics, and they are a ‘minority’ because they represent an extremely small % of the overall population.

“Vocal Minority: The small group of individuals that frequently and strongly voice their opinions, constrasting with the silent majority that makes up most of the population base, but rarely give their opinions. "

But dont believe me, go and verify it for yourself! Count the number of unique names you see posting AGAINST golems in this WvW forum using a forum crawling script/bot (or manually if you’re insane). Then compare to the player base estimates. In 2013, ANet reports 3 MILLION box copies sold. Reports of 2014 guess around 4 million+ copies out there. Thus even if TEN THOUSAND people complained in unison about the Golem rush, they’re STILL a vocal minority, representing only 0.25% of the population defined by mathematics.

Or, ya know, you could keep nitpicking at my statements instead of realizing that the entire forum here is a vocal minority, including the two of us.

My original post was designed to provide forum goes with an alternate perspective, in the hopes that those who believe they speak for EVERYONE, might gleam some insight regarding their falsely held belief that everyone thinks exactly as they do. I keep mentioning false-consensus for a reason. I’m not trying to force my strongly held opinion on anyone, or claiming that my opinion is held by anyone other than myself, im simply putting it out there to be read.

I see a lot of statements in this thread going “ANet ignores all us Vets!” and “WVWers dont want golem rush!!”

Well, I’m a WvWer, and a Vet, and I want Golem rush.

People need to stop speaking as if they represent everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

This is brilliance!

For those of you who say that this is not how veteran players play this game, and that anet is out of touch, enlighten me as i have been playing WvW for years and there is nothing more that it needs then this golem rush.

I seem to remember the no white swords event. Everyone cried and cried about that and then lo and behold, the majority loved it!

So now we have an event just meant to be pure fun. I mean just plain fun. Don’t you PLAY a game to Have FUN?

So for one week its crazy and chaotic and different and people. are running around in golems destroying everything and anything. You have a choice, join us, for we are legion or, sit on the sidelines in a tower and watch. Or go do something else.

The thing that most people don’t realize is that this event has the highest potential of getting new players into wvw and increasing the amount of people playing. WvW desperately needs NEW blood.

So I would suggest you guilds capitalize on this and throw golems at every new player you can find and recruit recruit recruit. Meanwhile, rock some faces.

Golem Wars, the true GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

You posted… "Inaccurate blanket statements like this, using “everyone” “always” and “never” often result from this social effect.

FOLLOWED BY

Unlike the vague "we want this and we hate that!’ people tend to spam, thinking they speak for everyone, my vocal minority statement is a verifiable fact, not an opinion based on believing everyone agrees with me. Saying “all of us like blue skies” and saying “the sky is blue” are very different. One is false consensus, the other is a fact.

The entire GW2 forum population is only a fraction of the GW2 player base.
The WvW forum represents only a fraction of the GW2 forum base.
The ‘vocal minority’ who makes wild claims based on the false-consensus effect are only a fraction of the WvW forum base. They are ‘vocal’ because, relative to the population base, they possess a high post frequency regarding a specific number of topics, and they are a ‘minority’ because they represent an extremely small % of the overall population.

“Vocal Minority: The small group of individuals that frequently and strongly voice their opinions, constrasting with the silent majority that makes up most of the population base, but rarely give their opinions. "

But dont believe me, go and verify it for yourself! Count the number of unique names you see posting AGAINST golems in this WvW forum using a forum crawling script/bot (or manually if you’re insane). Then compare to the player base estimates. In 2013, ANet reports 3 MILLION box copies sold. Reports of 2014 guess around 4 million+ copies out there. Thus even if TEN THOUSAND people complained in unison about the Golem rush, they’re STILL a vocal minority, representing only 0.25% of the population defined by mathematics.

Or, ya know, you could keep nitpicking at my statements instead of realizing that the entire forum here is a vocal minority, including the two of us.

My original post was designed to provide forum goes with an alternate perspective, in the hopes that those who believe they speak for EVERYONE, might gleam some insight regarding their falsely held belief that everyone thinks exactly as they do. I keep mentioning false-consensus for a reason. I’m not trying to force my strongly held opinion on anyone, or claiming that my opinion is held by anyone other than myself, im simply putting it out there to be read.

I see a lot of statements in this thread going “ANet ignores all us Vets!” and “WVWers dont want golem rush!!”

Well, I’m a WvWer, and a Vet, and I want Golem rush.

People need to stop speaking as if they represent everyone.

First off, there aren’t 4 million people playing the game. I talked about ten people into buying the game and out of that group I’m the only one still playing. Plus you have to consider how many people bought multiple accounts when the game was on sale. I’m currently posting from a different account than the one I play on. So yeah, your math is wrong.

But for arguments sake lets say you’re right in your numbers. That still doesn’t mean our opinions don’t reflect what the majority of players feel. If you present an idea and 90% of the people that post on the forums hate it, then odds are the players base will show a similar percentage. The idea that just because we regularly post feedback somehow means our opinions will be different than the people that don’t post, doesn’t make any sense.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

snip

The no white swords “event” was a disaster for servers who don’t have a queue 24/7 – The people who loved it are pretty certainly used to run in a zerg, but there are a lot of other servers out there who have got no zerg, except in prime time. So whoever had more people won these matchups as the server with lesser people couldn’t “afford to have people sitting in towers”.

Getting new blood into wvw is great but at the same time vets are quitting left and right because they’re not taken seriously and because none of the issues wvw has is adressed/worked on. So what you’ll get is a bunch of newbs (no offense, I have been one myself for the longest time) and no one around to teach them.

The same time badges will be wiped from the market so every siege will become more expensive, even more so since the changes to Spirit Shards.

I actually don’t care whether or not there’s a golem event but it’s completely missing the mark.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

A week long Birdsong Day… What could be better?

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Dand.8231

First off, there aren’t 4 million people playing the game. I talked about ten people into buying the game and out of that group I’m the only one still playing.

Including myself, 4 people I know bought it. 3 still play. That’s a whopping 75% retention rate! That means 3 of those 4 mil accounts still play!

Oh, wait, a sample size of 3 (or 10) people is completely useless, anecdotal evidence. So why did you even bother mentioning it at all?

But for arguments sake lets say you’re right in your numbers. That still doesn’t mean our opinions don’t reflect what the majority of players feel.

But it doesn’t mean your opinion DOES reflect the majority either. What it means is you have no idea what the majority thinks and are therefore unqualified to speak for them.

If you present an idea and 90% of the people that post on the forums hate it, then odds are the players base will show a similar percentage. The idea that just because we regularly post feedback somehow means our opinions will be different than the people that don’t post, doesn’t make any sense.

This rational almost makes sense, until you consider one crucial factor.

You are the minority in your actions (visiting the forums and providing feedback) and your actions are (hopefully) dictated by your thoughts, so why is it so difficult to accept you may also be the minority in your thought process as well?

The very same qualities that draw you to the forums to provide constructive feedback indicate a difference in thinking between you and the silent majority.

Again, it’s perfectly FINE to provide constructive feedback. Just stop pretending everyone always agrees with you. Why is that so hard to understand?

in WvW

Nightshade.2570

snip

The no white swords “event” was a disaster for servers who don’t have a queue 24/7 – The people who loved it are pretty certainly used to run in a zerg, but there are a lot of other servers out there who have got no zerg, except in prime time. So whoever had more people won these matchups as the server with lesser people couldn’t “afford to have people sitting in towers”.

Getting new blood into wvw is great but at the same time vets are quitting left and right because they’re not taken seriously and because none of the issues wvw has is adressed/worked on. So what you’ll get is a bunch of newbs (no offense, I have been one myself for the longest time) and no one around to teach them.

The same time badges will be wiped from the market so every siege will become more expensive, even more so since the changes to Spirit Shards.

I actually don’t care whether or not there’s a golem event but it’s completely missing the mark.

Actually I was on a server that didnt have 24 hour coverage, and I play in off times! You know what we loved how easy it was for our smaller groups to sneak away the keeps cause there were no white swords…

On another note, I agree there are some who love and some who dont love the events but reinvigorating and doing something different for a week is great.

We need change, open your mind be open to change the same old same old isnt drawing people in.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Actually I was on a server that didnt have 24 hour coverage, and I play in off times! You know what we loved how easy it was for our smaller groups to sneak away the keeps cause there were no white swords…

On another note, I agree there are some who love and some who dont love the events but reinvigorating and doing something different for a week is great.

We need change, open your mind be open to change the same old same old isnt drawing people in.

Yeah, if taking stuff with fewer people was new to you than you likely liked that a lot better than those who are used to run in small groups and who use white swords in their advantage. And I’m one of those who’s used to it – actually I learned to cap a camp in 75 seconds because of the white swords as that usually isn’t enough time for the enemies to react.

And I don’t think we need something new – I’d like to have wvw back to how it was 1,5 years ago, where there were safe spots for siege, when it was possible to destroy golems, when there was strategy, all that is left is karma train and that is because of the bugs and bad descisions and I think that’s pretty sad.

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Myself and 90% of the guild i run play wvw only, and have been doing for 2+ years, we focus on defending/upgrading/scouting/killing stuff in our home borderland, its alot of fun, and the reason we play, and has built a strong community feel with both the guild and the map.

As a server we’ve often fought bigger foes in the past, and they’ve often just built 5-10 omegas and steamrolled the whole bl wiping all wps and seige, because we simply did not have a sufficient amount of people to withstand such an attack. There is nothing fun about golems, they take little skill to deploy in combat, and are only used to fast cap stuff giving you 0 time to defend against an allready overwhelming enemy force.

Adding a whole week of golem focused wvw is literally going to have 0 fun for us, we wont be able to upgrade defend as we do because, oh look its a 50 man golem blob. There will be no point in scouting as things will constantly flip, and there will be no point with siege as omegas simply shoot it off the walls in 90% of placements. This will be a ktrain week, nothing more, and for those of us that don’t find this fun the only answer people can provide is " don’t play for that week then", thing is not all of us get alot of time to spend on gw2, and the time we do get is valuable as we like to roam wvw on home bl as a guild, now because wvw is going to just be big golem blobs for 1 week we’re told simply not to play, that just seems selfish, of both anet with this decision, and from the players saying it. Yes you might have fun, but there will be others who will simply either be frustrated or disheartend with the state of things during that event that they just wont play. Now i’m not speaking for anyone except the people within my guild. It’s just a silly idea, golems allready ruin wvw for US with their frequent appearences from the bigger servers we face, why should we be subjected to a week of nothing but golems, when they are (and again i only speak for my like minded guildies, not anyone else) the complete opposite of fun. Again, we can just not play, but thats not a really great soloution for people who just want to play normal wvw, maybe limit golems just to EOTM or something, i dont know, but instead of telling us just not to play, maybe try to think up some constructive feedback with our help, and act as a wvw community, making sure the entire community is getting something they want, as opposed to only certain factions of players.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Go Go Golems.
I’m 100% in for Robowars.
Most excellent.
If you are trying to debate against this with serious arguments
then you must be the kind of person that don’t like ice cream.
L2hf.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)

in WvW

Nightshade.2570

How bout for just one week youtake your group, jump in a golem suit and do 100% more damage to other golems, 100% speed and no supply cost, and defend with your golem, or attack with your golem or just ROBO wars with your golem in the middle of a borderland. Because I dont think the point of this event is who can hold down thier ppt the best. I think that getting bloodlust and stomp stomp stomp other golems means more.

I see massive golem battles.

I see havoc team golem battles

I see golems streaking around the world….

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It’s a bad design choice even for a week long event.

What’s even worse is that they most likely wont disable glicko for it as they should.

It really is sad to see that this is the best they can do for WvW while we wait for HoT.
Not like there’s achievements they can go fix, bugs that are still around or anything remotely related to fixing the rewards….Nope we get Gundam, the game event.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s a bad design choice even for a week long event.

What’s even worse is that they most likely wont disable glicko for it as the should.

This needs to be emphasised, how can they claim to provide a decent ratings system when they don’t disable it for events like this.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Op is is NOT a verifiable fact that a vocal "minority’ dislikes golems, it is in FACT just the opinion you are expressing.

Writing a thousand word thesis does not change that.

Poll 100% of players, produce the results. OR please post simple personal opinions like this;

“I am happy with the Golem event.”

“I dislike people posting opinions as if they are facts”.

This second statement appears to place me in agreement with the original OP, IMHO.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

Puck.9612

First off, there aren’t 4 million people playing the game. I talked about ten people into buying the game and out of that group I’m the only one still playing.

Including myself, 4 people I know bought it. 3 still play. That’s a whopping 75% retention rate! That means 3 of those 4 mil accounts still play!

Oh, wait, a sample size of 3 (or 10) people is completely useless, anecdotal evidence. So why did you even bother mentioning it at all?

But for arguments sake lets say you’re right in your numbers. That still doesn’t mean our opinions don’t reflect what the majority of players feel.

But it doesn’t mean your opinion DOES reflect the majority either. What it means is you have no idea what the majority thinks and are therefore unqualified to speak for them.

If you present an idea and 90% of the people that post on the forums hate it, then odds are the players base will show a similar percentage. The idea that just because we regularly post feedback somehow means our opinions will be different than the people that don’t post, doesn’t make any sense.

You are the minority in your actions (visiting the forums and providing feedback) and your actions are (hopefully) dictated by your thoughts, so why is it so difficult to accept you may also be the minority in your thought process as well?

The very same qualities that draw you to the forums to provide constructive feedback indicate a difference in thinking between you and the silent majority.

Again, it’s perfectly FINE to provide constructive feedback. Just stop pretending everyone always agrees with you. Why is that so hard to understand?

Well by your logic you are also the vocal minority because you are posting on the forums, hell because of your opinion of this event you are the minority in the minority. Which means it’s just as likely that the majority disagrees with you. Pointless argument is pointless.

End of the day this is a stupid idea, the only way it makes sense is if they are trying to remove the surplus of WvW badges so they can introduce something worth buying. Even then it’s a pretty crappy way to do it. After months of unbalanced matchups my tier has finally sorted itself out but instead of getting to enjoy some balanced fights we get a week of broken WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

And that somehow makes his, or your, opinion less valid? OP’s point is that this event should be seen as an event, and welcomed with open arms, not shot down because it’s different.

Sure, there are going to be a ton of Golems. Maybe we’ll finally see people using Anti-Siege Traps, or we’ll see a lot of Arrow Carts to Cripple in chokepoints. Heck, Reflects will basically prevent Golems from doing the majority of their safe damage, meaning that if you drop a Reflect in a choke, the Golems either have to retreat or charge melee, which can be risky.

Not to mention, we don’t exactly know how the 100% bonus movespeed will work. If it’s a buff to all users in Golems, it probably won’t stack with Swiftness and Superspeed (I have no idea if Runes work in Golems). If they just increase the base values, then it probably will stack, but even then it doesn’t seem like it’s going to make them run around the map at super speeds, zoom hacking and the like.

in WvW

Dand.8231

Well by your logic you are also the vocal minority because you are posting on the forums

By my logic you somehow deduced I was the minority?

Are you sure the actual, literal, words that I said in a previous post didn’t contribute somehow? All of your points thus far are a little ‘off.’ I’m starting to think you’re not really big on reading comprehension, you’re just saying whatever random words you think will give weight to your point of view.

Moving on…

Which means it’s just as likely that the majority disagrees with you. Pointless argument is pointless.

Imma quote myself again, here

What it means is you have no idea what the majority thinks and are therefore unqualified to speak for them.

Just stop pretending everyone always agrees with you. Why is that so hard to understand?

So, in summary, neither of us represent the silent majority. We’re both part of a vocal minority. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

The difference is, that while we’re both a vocal minority, you continue to imply and insist, using twisted logic, that you speak for the majority.
YOU DONT.

in WvW

Dand.8231

OP’s point is that this event should be seen as an event, and welcomed with open arms, not shot down because it’s different.

snipped heavily
we don’t exactly know how bonus movespeed will work….Swiftness…Superspeed…Runes…

This guy gets it. Have some fun with it! Dont knock it till you try it!

To clarify the move speed a bit:

Swiftness: Currently Golems are immune to swiftness, and there’s no reason to believe that will change.

Superspeed: Currently Golems can be given superspeed by activating, the hopping in. However, superspeed appears to only set your movement speed to a high value, not increase it by a multiplier. This is based on the current functionality of superspeed on player characters: Swiftness + superspeed = superspeed by itself. My theory is it will not stack with the +100% bonus WvW golem movement.

Runes: Currently, Speed runes and Travelers runes DO provide Golems with the +25% move speed. Traits and skills do not. It’s hard to say if they will interact with the 100% bonus move speed. It could go either way.

Other: Vampiric Aura allows siege to heal when dealing damage which is probably unintended, so a handful of people running the aura COULD cause some issues…

in WvW

Posted by: nizzin.2817

nizzin.2817

So as not to bore the populace with a wall of text I would like to deviate for a moment from the OP’s topic.

As a mesmer main I’m going to to request that Anet offer some sort of spa package for myself and other mesmer mains out there. We will be in desperate need of some RnR after all the portals, veils, mass invis., etc. I’ll take this one if you don’t mind. http://www.goodmans.net/i/7044/thermal-spa-49136-single-hand-uv-auto-gel-lamp-36-watts..htm?sc=GOOGLEBASE&k=TA-49136&utm_source=GOOGLEBASE&utm_medium=datafeed&utm_campaign=TA-49136&gclid=CjwKEAjwt_isBRDuisOm1dTQqGISJAAfRrEA-PRCM-rq9PzxgPHsbIxfMXq7vGXr-afiCUbmApPq9hoC9IXw_wcB

Thanks.

in WvW

Jana.6831

So as not to bore the populace with a wall of text I would like to deviate for a moment from the OP’s topic.

As a mesmer main I’m going to to request that Anet offer some sort of spa package for myself and other mesmer mains out there. We will be in desperate need of some RnR after all the portals, veils, mass invis., etc.

Thanks.

100% speed buff – don’t think mesmers are really needed.

in WvW

nizzin.2817

i can has maths too….

60% base lending them 100% increase is 120% adding on the 25% y? n? from runes….yadda yadda yadda.

You were so quick to respond you forgot 1 thing…..elevation change. Feel free to jump down.

I was simply trying to introduce humor so don’t bother trying to have a go at me. I don’t feed into forum warrior antics. Kthnx

in WvW

Jana.6831

i can has maths too….

60% base lending them 100% increase is 120% adding on the 25% y? n? from runes….yadda yadda yadda.

You were so quick to respond you forgot 1 thing…..elevation change. Feel free to jump down.

I was simply trying to introduce humor so don’t bother trying to have a go at me. I don’t feed into forum warrior antics. Kthnx

You seem very aggressive – and that kind of contradicts your purpose “to bring in some humour into the forums hahaha” Kthxbai.
(And I had no go at you – I just don’t think that any mesmers will be “desperately needed” as you suggested – I really guess that if there will be just Golem blobs – 100% damage increase – come get your maths out – I don’t really want to eat that)

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

WTF is OP talking about?

WvW players, be they PPT or GvG orientated hate golems…. All of us hate golems.

On a serious note:
This can hardly be classified as WvW. It will be week long K-Train. Talking about the most boring kitten ever.

inb4firstyearpsychologystudent

The Ghost of Christmas Past

(edited by RlyOsim.2497)

in WvW

nizzin.2817

i can has maths too….

You seem very aggressive – and that kind of contradicts your purpose “to bring in some humour into the forums hahaha” Kthxbai.
(And I had no go at you – I just don’t think that any mesmers will be “desperately needed” as you suggested – I really guess that if there will be just Golem blobs – 100% damage increase – come get your maths out – I don’t really want to eat that)

I said that RnR: rest and relaxation, will be desperately needed after all the use of skills. Please remember two things:
1. Text does not always properly convey emotion.
2. Reading comprehension.
“We will be in desperate need of some RnR after all the portals, veils, mass invis., etc. I’ll take this one if you don’t mind.”
Kthnxbaiomgwtfbbqwtfh4xomgplzstopuralastwordmoronmuahahahaha

in WvW

nizzin.2817

Oh and I left out this to make it an official Summer of ’15 forum post:

KITTEN

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I like the event we should be happy for every attention we get in WvW.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

So what you’ll get is a bunch of newbs (no offense, I have been one myself for the longest time) and no one around to teach them.

Not a particularly bad thing. In fact, I’d say that’s good. If this were the real world, losing knowledge is a huge set-back but for a game, allowing new players to experience a game similar to what the vets played way back when they first joined is certainly not a set-back as it’s not like the game is meant to progress like the real world.

in WvW

Leo G.4501

Well by your logic you are also the vocal minority because you are posting on the forums, hell because of your opinion of this event you are the minority in the minority. Which means it’s just as likely that the majority disagrees with you. Pointless argument is pointless.

Congratulation! You finally learned it’s pointless to argue on grounds of how much of the playerbase agrees or disagrees with you therefore bringing it up in a forum argument is unintelligent! Learn something everyday, huh?

I think the event is has its charm and I bet a lot of players would join in to give it a shot if only because hey! 100% movement! Go explore the boarderlands! I just hope players give this a fair shot, not constantly harp on what it does badly. Because if there’s anything the internet has taught me it’s that no change is uniformly welcomed.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Not a particularly bad thing. In fact, I’d say that’s good. If this were the real world, losing knowledge is a huge set-back but for a game, allowing new players to experience a game similar to what the vets played way back when they first joined is certainly not a set-back as it’s not like the game is meant to progress like the real world.

It is bad for a game as well, you underestimate what veterans do. Not only in wvw but pve and pvp. Without them it would be a lot harder for new players, especially since the community in GW is really nice and you can be rather certain that no matter how stupid your question might be it will be answered (in a kind way) – and that by vets. Take that away and you’ll have a bunch of players who assume stuff. That would work if the wvw population would be wiped completely but if it’s just some servers it’s the death of them.

in WvW

Leo G.4501

It is bad for a game as well, you underestimate what veterans do. Not only in wvw but pve and pvp. Without them it would be a lot harder for new players, especially since the community in GW is really nice and you can be rather certain that no matter how stupid your question might be it will be answered (in a kind way) – and that by vets. Take that away and you’ll have a bunch of players who assume stuff. That would work if the wvw population would be wiped completely but if it’s just some servers it’s the death of them.

People already assume stuff. That’s what a wiki is for though. Not to downplay the contributions vets have on a community but don’t overstate your presence. And I’m just going to state the game is far easier than it used to be so I doubt new players would drown without guidance. And a lot of new players don’t even want guidance and just learn most things on their own.

in WvW

Jana.6831

People already assume stuff. That’s what a wiki is for though. Not to downplay the contributions vets have on a community but don’t overstate your presence. And I’m just going to state the game is far easier than it used to be so I doubt new players would drown without guidance. And a lot of new players don’t even want guidance and just learn most things on their own.

A wiki doesn’t tell you where to put siege, when to use what siege, how to move in a zerg and how to sneak attack.
But yeah, who needs vets?!

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Most players still don’t know those basics Jana- watch most weekend pug zergs and watch them throw down piles of siege randomly at a gate, then jump on without masteries, run from the enemy, watch from walls while siege destroys said wall without even thinking of jumping off and suiciding the siege to damage it, etc etc.

Sadly it seems a lot of the wvw vets have given up and left, and what we’re left with is bandwagonners that jumped on and now seemingly run around in circles afraid to have their toon touched or heaven forbid get killed…

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

The good news is that in a week everyone will know that you are either a genius or completely clueless.

Time to vote! Genius or completely clueless?

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Clueless /15char

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Clueless of course

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Puck.9612

clueless……………………….

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Clueless.

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

ANET can’t say they weren’t warned by their playerbase that this would be a failure….

But we have best wait seated for them to acknowledge their mistake.

Thing is though, that when thinking of something special you need to think about the people you are catering too.

Just laughing it out with an event the community voiced discontent and said it was ill advised and they still shove it down their throats…. well, the community replied with empty maps and strong discontent in the forums.

Now we have to wait and see if this will that motivate them into next time actually thinking on their playerbase and actually improving the game mode / making special events catering to them or will they just ignore the WvW playerbase until they quit?

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

ANET can’t say they weren’t warned by their playerbase that this would be a failure….

But we have best wait seated for them to acknowledge their mistake.

Thing is though, that when thinking of something special you need to think about the people you are catering too.

Just laughing it out with an event the community voiced discontent and said it was ill advised and they still shove it down their throats…. well, the community replied with empty maps and strong discontent in the forums.

Now we have to wait and see if this will that motivate them into next time actually thinking on their playerbase and actually improving the game mode / making special events catering to them or will they just ignore the WvW playerbase until they quit?

Well this is the problem, Anet doesn’t acknowledge that there even IS a WvW playerbase. We can even see in their interviews, they don’t think we exist. They are always going to cater to the PvE playerbase because…well I don’t know why, but that’s all they’ve done so far. The thing about special events like this golem rush is it’s really more an event to try and get PvE players to jump into WvW for a week and try it out- and since PvE players like to do things like nonstop farming and ktraining, Anet will make special events like a Golem Rush Week of nonstop ktraining.

Anet made an event catering to their playerbase just fine, they did what they intended to do- cater to PvE ktrainers. The problem is not that they don’t know how to please a target audience, the problem is that they refuse to acknowledge people actually want to play WvW for the fights instead of to ktrain.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.