Guild GvGing in Borderlands creating queue...

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelia.3015

Lorelia.3015

I’m on Vizunah Square (EU), and I’ve just saw a guild (I won’t give names here) GvGing in the Borderlands while there are 50+ people queues on all the maps… except on the obsidian sanctum.

Is there a way, any way, to report this kind of behavior? What can we do against this??

Semper Nox Redit. Quoque Redibo.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Once had to leave Obsidian Sanctum due to all the trolls interfering with a GvG. BLs are the only place to go for that then.

Players will do what they want in WvW and there is no way you can change that. Just accept it for what it is and hang out in edge of the mists while your queue runs.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Rhonin.1687

Rhonin.1687

it would be a real shame if some people went down there and interfered with said GvG, just saying…

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

lol “report against this kind of behaviour” I could invite all of my friends to stand afk in spawn with a 50 man queue and all you could do about it is cry. It’s not breaking any rules, and it surely isn’t hurting your PPT considering vizunah wins due to nightcap.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

The queue was most likely there before said GvG. Unfortunately because Anet does not support GvG, there are often limited places to fight. In Tier 2 on NA, we often have queues for obsidian sanctum because there are multiple gvgs occuring at the same time.
That being said, although I agree with you that it’s frustrating for you, it’s equally frustrating for them to not have a proper arena. Reporting them would be similar to reporting people for being in the jumping puzzle. Everyone plays how they want and no one is breaking the rules.
On the other hand, you can be thankful that you don’t have to fight the groups that were GvGing.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Did you try asking those guilds to move to Obsidian Sanctum?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No, you cannot report this behavior as it’s not against the rules.

This ^^. If they want to GvG in a BL map during a queue, they have every right to do so. You also have every right to go in there and attack anyone you want on the other server.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Let me rephrase my removed post.

If 1 gvg is already taking place in OS the other guilds will move to a BL to have their GvG.
there is NOTHING you can do and there is NOTHING wrong with Guilds having a GvG in the BL’s.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

GvG is a good thing… sPvP is a bad thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m on Vizunah Square (EU), and I’ve just saw a guild (I won’t give names here) GvGing in the Borderlands while there are 50+ people queues on all the maps… except on the obsidian sanctum.

Is there a way, any way, to report this kind of behavior? What can we do against this??

Are you watching them violate your game mode?

Note – they’re fighting each other on a player vs player map. If you don’t like it, feel free to attack them.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

They have just as much right to be on the map and doing whatever they like as u do- you might not like it, but until Anet finally realise that spvp is gouda and they should develop arenas like we had in gw1 for 10,15,20 man gvg tournaments you will just have to lump it.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Get a large group and go wipe the GvG groups. Done.

It’s freaking (for lack of a stronger word due to censor) rude to GvG on a queued map. Just unacceptable.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: CRAIG.9862

CRAIG.9862

It’s freaking (for lack of a stronger word due to censor) rude to GvG on a queued map. Just unacceptable.

#BlackGateMindset

Lol. Love seeing a pug group go try and interrupt a GvG. They are just the halftime show. Get lots of bags and lolol with the other guild you are GvGing with. Much fun. Very based.

#ThankYouBasedGod

Semidei [DEMI] #ThankYouBasedGod
Sea Of Sorrows
Craigmire

in WvW

Reverence.6915

#BlackGateMindset

Lol. Love seeing a pug group go try and interrupt a GvG. They are just the halftime show. Get lots of bags and lolol with the other guild you are GvGing with. Much fun. Very based.

#ThankYouBasedGod

You’re from that guild that kept getting farmed by BG pugs so they left SoR

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Given how hard we laughed at the youtube video of your guild getting slammed. But in case you have forgotten due to one to many hammer hits to the head. I hunted it up for your viewing pleasure.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: CRAIG.9862

CRAIG.9862

You even saved it awwwhhhhh <3 you must really miss us, or be super bored in those BG queues.

I can feel the kitten radiating from you mmmmmmmm sooooo beautiful

Semidei [DEMI] #ThankYouBasedGod
Sea Of Sorrows
Craigmire

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

You even saved it awwwhhhhh <3 you must really miss us, or be super bored in those BG queues.

I can feel the kitten radiating from you mmmmmmmm sooooo beautiful

Yeah, I miss all those bags I used to pick up after killing you. Come on back up. I would love some more. <3

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

OP your gripe is with ANET. There is no GvG mode, so they do the best they can with what tools they have available. It’s impressive the scene they’ve created on their own.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Given how hard we laughed at the youtube video of your guild getting slammed. But in case you have forgotten due to one to many hammer hits to the head. I hunted it up for your viewing pleasure.

I love how everyone acts so awesome, of course all that is happening is auto attack. So good. Much Zerg. Broken 1key.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Reverence.6915

I love how everyone acts so awesome, of course all that is happening is auto attack. So good. Much Zerg. Broken 1key.

The guy from DiE claims to be from some awesome fighting guild, called out our BG guilds saying we’re trash, and gets farmed in return by people hitting 1. Yeah… Not saying our militia is by any means good (they’re not, they’re pretty terrible in all honesty, the PvE is strong in BG), but getting wiped by pugs spamming 1… Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

BG has rarely tolerated GvGs on the borderlands when we’ve had queued maps. We always ask our guilds to do it on Thursday or Friday when the match has been decided. Doing it any other time/place is irresponsible for your server.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Anet made the arena in OS and tought “oh well now they have a place to fight”. lol
Arena especially in season is full of trolls who interrupts GvG/duels, the only option is to go in bls

My guild doesn’t do GvG, we are a small guild and some of us just roam around in search of fun fights, I more than welcome those who do GvG, at least they’re having fun and do some group pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Can we report those rediculous amount of Achievement Hunters who all of a sudden join WVW too then? Remember that the guilds who GVG play a big role for the server.

Haters gonna hate

Team Aggression [TA]

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

This Vizu guy made my day

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

Who’s guardian only spamming 1 on staff during fight? This guy is just leeching bags…

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Uh…is that how an open WvW battle between 2 guilds on a top NA server looks like?
What is going on there…shooting lazers at each other from safe distance?

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Uh…is that how an open WvW battle between 2 guilds on a top NA server looks like?

The PoV is from a militia zerg, not a guild. So yeah, militia zergs tend to just pew pew from a distance with guardian staff 1 like a boss

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

Do you know what happened the last time an anet guy tried to interfere with a GvG in game? The entire forums exploded and Anet issued a formal apology to everyone for the persons actions. Happened on SBI a while ago, saw the entire thing happen. The guy had his dev tag up and walked over near the spectating spot and started getting mad, said something along the lines of “You’re ruining my game mod” while people were spectating a GvG. If I remember correctly, all the spectators pretty much tore the guy a new one and a forum post was put up with pictures and everything.

You can still find it in the WvW discussion subforum if you look hard enough

EDIT: Found it, I wasn’t entirely right since it was 6 month ago he was bothering the GvGr’s themselves https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Some-ANET-interfered-with-our-GvG/page/1

The Anet reply is on page 13

(edited by Abe Kleine.3568)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Unfortunately, yes.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Lol- GvG is the most competitive form of PvP in the whole game.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Chavido.3529

Chavido.3529

If they’re going to GvG in a Borderland, run over them. Bring your zerg down there and steamroll them until they leave. Make it no fun for them. Take control of your own Borderlands, don’t ask Anet to do this for you. This one is a no brainer. It’s the things like afk’ers and crafters in WvW that Anet needs to do something about.

in WvW

Abe Kleine.3568

If they’re going to GvG in a Borderland, run over them. Bring your zerg down there and steamroll them until they leave. Make it no fun for them. Take control of your own Borderlands, don’t ask Anet to do this for you. This one is a no brainer. It’s the things like afk’ers and crafters in WvW that Anet needs to do something about.

Just make sure your zerg isn’t brainless or your going to get stomped and embarrassed, most guilds have other members spectating so they can switch in for other classes. Meaning that a 15 man guild group could turn into a 25-30 man guild zerg in a matter of seconds. And even outnumbered a single guild zerg can destroy super blobs.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Just make sure your zerg isn’t brainless or your going to get stomped and embarrassed, most guilds have other members spectating so they can switch in for other classes. Meaning that a 15 man guild group could turn into a 25-30 man guild zerg in a matter of seconds. And even outnumbered a single guild zerg can destroy super blobs.

Doesn’t really matter. Keep interrupting the GvGs and they’ll eventually leave.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Abe Kleine.3568

That’s very optimistic of you, but getting wiped multiple times (if it happens) could cause people to get frustrated and leave, making your attempts at stopping the GvG much harder. And please don’t start saying that you’ll just keep persevering and trying to interrupt them all night, because blindly running at groups to stop them usually ends badly, and it makes you look stupid

in WvW

Reverence.6915

That’s very optimistic of you, but getting wiped multiple times (if it happens) could cause people to get frustrated and leave, making your attempts at stopping the GvG much harder. And please don’t start saying that you’ll just keep persevering and trying to interrupt them all night, because blindly running at groups to stop them usually ends badly, and it makes you look stupid

2 people can interrupt GvGs, let alone an entire zerg. If the point is to have a GvG that night, if you keep interrupting them for 30-60 mins, they’ll move off the map.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Abe Kleine.3568

2 people can interrupt GvGs, let alone an entire zerg. If the point is to have a GvG that night, if you keep interrupting them for 30-60 mins, they’ll move off the map.

Not much of an interrupt if your own server tells them to stomp 2 people on the side, I don’t know how you think GvG’s function, but fights don’t last very long and are usually only a few rounds. Basically what I’m trying to say is that no matter how much you attempt to be stern and stubborn and “be in the right” the only thing you are going to get yourself is a plethora of laugh taunts and wasted silver from respawning.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

lol “report against this kind of behaviour” I could invite all of my friends to stand afk in spawn with a 50 man queue and all you could do about it is cry. It’s not breaking any rules, and it surely isn’t hurting your PPT considering vizunah wins due to nightcap.

sorry to break it to you but that actually is against the rules. If you organize a group of players to afk on a map to purposefully force a queue, that falls under match manipulation.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Because this thread has veered towards insults and personal attacks between both sides, this thread is now closed.