HOD wins, DB gets glicko adjusted +150... wut

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

When I made my first post about CD’s glicko back when it was a 4 server linking (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Glicko-making-it-impossible-for-CD-to-move-T3/first) it was literally impossible for CD to move out of t4 at the time, now it seems that Anet is adjusting the second place winners this week(Dragonbrand) for +150, even though HOD won this week. What is the reasoning for boosting the second place server out of T4, instead of the first place server?

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Caius.8094

Caius.8094

I wondered how i was moved up (and I’m BP so i dunno either)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Maybe they had more “population activity” and needed a helping hand.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

In sports they’d call it fixing.

That’s how bad the gamemode has become!
WvW is officially dead now, there is no server pride, no reason to stay on a specific server, all we do now is play for fights, win or lose.

Anet dug kitten, threw WvW into it, them threw in a few tonnes of TNT to make sure the mode never surfaces again!

How much longer before EOTM becomes WvW?!!!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I think HoD is in t3 right now so…?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

How much longer before EOTM becomes WvW?!!!

It’s all part of the plan from all those years ago when they launched eotm, to wear us down until we get to the point “Alright! enough is enough! I’ve had enough of these enoughing nough nough servers, just enoughing give us the enoughing faction eotm plan already.”

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

More lack of transparency, such decisions need to be explained. Heck JQ only 1 1 week in T1 AFAIK and they got adjusted

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Lol ANet just want to help you players along in yall’s quest to completely kill WvW. But right before yall the players finish off killing WvW now with ANet help. ANet want’s to capitalize on yall fools that purposely create unfavorable and stacked match ups via the Server Transfers.

Enjoy yalls bed that yall made for your selves,

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

HOD triple simply outplay DB triple despite lesser number. DB triple still have much more population. But hey, guess what, I was told DB triple link was “OK” by some players but obviously, anet agree is not “OK”.

I hope anet go through with the plan to reduce global cap and direct new players downwards so lower servers can actually get to recruit players and form a competitive zerg to fight other with and against with instead of having to eat each other servers’ players up, the smallest servers will slowly get eliminated.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

HoD didn’t win last matchup, DB did. They won by 11k. Not that it matters really since HoD rolled up somehow instead of DB.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/448

in WvW

Justine.6351

HoD didn’t win last matchup, DB did. They won by 11k. Not that it matters really since HoD rolled up somehow instead of DB.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/448

Hod did win, we won by 1pt a min before restart. It would have been a tie if cd hadn’t come in second on the skirmish.

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

But you lost by 11k using the normal scoring system that affects glicko ratings. Doesn’t matter really, you rolled up anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

But you lost by 11k using the normal scoring system that affects glicko ratings. Doesn’t matter really, you rolled up anyway.

But it’s the Skirmish system, not the warscore one that count to adjust glicko ratings. So, in essence, Arena Net is buffing a server that came in 2nd the past 2 weeks. Not that I care tbh. Not having to deal with the Asian Hordes is good for me regardless of who move up.

And considering all the recent actions, I don’t know why would anyone be surprised with this one. Nothing Arena Net decide to do will surprise me at this point.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

It’snot a surprise, it almost seems like Anet is going out of their way to destroy WvW, the full servers opening, glicko adjustments when it’s unwarranted. Its a complete joke right now.

in WvW

Reaper Alim.4176

It’snot a surprise, it almost seems like Anet is going out of their way to destroy WvW, the full servers opening, glicko adjustments when it’s unwarranted. Its a complete joke right now.

Again does ANet holds yall hostage and tells yall to pay them to server stack? Or is that something that yall have manipulated the system in the past to the point ANet just allows yall to server stack freely while capitalizing off of yall’s foolishness?

Or I’m I the only foolish one to believe that believes that we can have a successful and skill based WvW in this day and age? I’m really starting to bank my money on this new train of thought, maybe a realization, about the current GW2’s WvW population.

No one left in this game now, wants to have any form of competitive matches WvW or sPvP. Till the point they forced the devs to now cater to the masses thirst for non competitive or mock-competitions in GW2.

Yet I hear the community blaming this on ANet. Lol helluva funny in my opinion. Then the community wonders why ANet don’t communicate much with such people? Pretty obvious to me why.

But at least I admit it!

in WvW

Justine.6351

Again does ANet holds yall hostage and tells yall to pay them to server stack? Or is that something that yall have manipulated the system in the past to the point ANet just allows yall to server stack freely while capitalizing off of yall’s foolishness?

Or I’m I the only foolish one to believe that believes that we can have a successful and skill based WvW in this day and age? I’m really starting to bank my money on this new train of thought, maybe a realization, about the current GW2’s WvW population.

No one left in this game now, wants to have any form of competitive matches WvW or sPvP. Till the point they forced the devs to now cater to the masses thirst for non competitive or mock-competitions in GW2.

Yet I hear the community blaming this on ANet. Lol helluva funny in my opinion. Then the community wonders why ANet don’t communicate much with such people? Pretty obvious to me why.

Ya I don’t get it either, it’s 100% in the communities hands to balance wvw. For some reason it’s victory at any cost for people. No pride.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its human nature, the game design has to account for that but doesn’t at all.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Agree.

This explains it in 1 sentence…instead of my long post on beaver dams & water wheels.

To really “fix” this & get us out of the “swamp” we’re stuck in…ANet needs to change the base map mechanic & switch from using beaver dams & Re-design WvW to use water wheels instead…imho

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Beaver-Dams-Water-Wheels/first#post6396100

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

This week match up is the most balance ever ,every server is balance is where they supposed to stay and the fights is even more balanced less qq from the kids and big guilds ,Thanks ANET for this match up .

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

This week match up is the most balance ever ,every server is balance is where they supposed to stay and the fights is even more balanced less qq from the kids and big guilds ,Thanks ANET for this match up .

Curious on which which side and tier you think is balanced.

BG 35 TC 22 JQ 15
Mag 36 FA 20 YB 16
JQ and Mag switch would be better.

SBI 29 NSP 18 HoD 25
SoS 24 DB 29 CD 19
NSP and DB or SoS switch might be better.

JS 32 AM 22 Deso 42, Deso coming in first mostly.
VS 36 Far 30 Piken 30, ok this one looks good.

GH 30 SR 24 Gan 42, Gan coming in first mostly.
River 38 Koda 27 AG 31, this looks alright.
Elona 35 Baruch 32 Drak 29, this looks good.

It’s only been a day since reset, some servers don’t even perform well during weekends. Most balanced ever, I don’t think so.

in WvW

Justine.6351

Agree.

This explains it in 1 sentence…instead of my long post on beaver dams & water wheels.

To really “fix” this & get us out of the “swamp” we’re stuck in…ANet needs to change the base map mechanic & switch from using beaver dams & Re-design WvW to use water wheels instead…imho

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Beaver-Dams-Water-Wheels/first#post6396100

Analogies are good and all, but when you just suggest that they make water wheels without giving an example of how that can be applied all anyone can take from that is making actual water wheels in SEC.

in WvW

Reaper Alim.4176

Agree.

Meh it matters so much less to me now. I am currently playing a MMO with RvR like game mode that is pretty skill based and doesn’t push this type of behavior. Rewards players for destacking and even gives us players tools to 1vX 16 to 20 mindless, near brain dead zerglings that just rather zerg mindlessly instead of learning how to play. Awesome times when you can RvR and not feel like you are not gaining anything because you are not a sheep but a skillful independent thinker.

This MMO solved that problem of server stacking in AvA 1 year ago.

Added abilities and skills to help people counter blobs. (The bigger the blob you use this on the more powerful it gets. Meaning if that blob don’t have proper spacing they all just melt. I have to say it’s lovely to see such potatoes just die because they are that…… lol.)

Meaningful rewards for players every time they met x AvA currency.

On top of that. The more you blob with the less rewards you get! (Lovely it makes people think do I want to join the stacked blob attack the same thing as them and get little to no x AvA currency? Or do I want to solo or join a smaller group at to different objective and get rewarded much more?)

Let me tell you guys it works like a charm. Only gripe I have here is the current META. But being it’s a skill=based MMO and there are a good group of casual players that just get BIS equipment thinking it’ll carry them, just to die to actually skillful players like myself 9.5 out of 10 times, is beautiful.

Problem is if GW2 was to become more skill based at this point. Without major overhaul of PvP and WvW game modes. ANet would lose around %80 of there current player base. ANet knows this and will not just destroy themselves for the super super small amount of competitive players left playing. Better off seeing them off and keeping the %95 of the game’s player base causal community happy with ways to just P2W in WvW by switching to stack other servers. For effortless Wins. Business business money money money.

But at least I admit it!

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

And why are you posting here if you have this so much better game to play?
I find funny how you people say you quit GW2 but keep comming back every time to talk about your new toy and how it is so much better instead of, you know, actually be playing it and giving no kittens about GW2.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Agree.

Analogies are good and all, but when you just suggest that they make water wheels without giving an example of how that can be applied all anyone can take from that is making actual water wheels in SEC.

Please don’t ask. I don’t think I can take another “Globes” wall of text.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

When I made my first post about CD’s glicko back when it was a 4 server linking (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Glicko-making-it-impossible-for-CD-to-move-T3/first) it was literally impossible for CD to move out of t4 at the time, now it seems that Anet is adjusting the second place winners this week(Dragonbrand) for +150, even though HOD won this week. What is the reasoning for boosting the second place server out of T4, instead of the first place server?

Read my post.

The manipulation is multi-dimensional and must stop.

WvW isn’t the game we all started playing four years ago.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security