HOW-TO Ring Infusions for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

INFUSIONS AND INFUSION SLOTS
With the Infusion system being unnecessarily complex for what it does, we’ve taken steps to simplify how infusions work and make acquiring them far more straightforward.
First off, we removed most of the restrictions on which kind of infusion you can place into each kind of equipment. For balance reasons, we had to keep utility infusions and amulets separate, but all other types of infusions can now be slotted into any kind of ascended equipment.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-26-2016-1

How to get a best-in-slot ring for WvW?

Before: Buy the ascended ring from WvW Laurel Vendor.
After: Buy the ring as before, then attune and infuse the ring in Mystic Force. You can have max 3 infusion slots on a ring. Simpler, eh? See how-to’s below.

How to get 2-slot ring?

In short: Use Mystic Forge to attune your existing ascended ring.
Estimated time in PvE: 4 hours

1. Buy Heart of Thorns
  2. Complete Torn from the Sky story
  3. Master the Agony Channeler
  4. Buy +1 Agony Infusion from the Trading Post
  5. Enter Fractals of the Mists lobby
  6. Buy Agonized Essence from INFUZ-5959 vendor
  7. Buy Infusion Extraction Device from INFUZ-5959 vendor
  8. Extract infusion from the ring you are about to attune (Mystic Forge would destroy the infusion)
  9. Buy Philosopher’s Stones from Mystic Forge Attendent vendor
  10. Attune the ring in Mystic Forge
  11. Re-apply the infusion you extracted prior forging

How to get 3-slot ring?

In short: Use Mystic Forge to infuse your existing attuned ascended ring.
Estimated time in PvE: I leave it to someone who is actually willing suffer the crap that is PvE to measure.

1. Acquire 750 Fractal Relics
  2. Enter Fractals of the Mists lobby
  3. Buy Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence from INFUZ-5959 vendor for 300 Fractal Relics
  4. Buy 3 Glob of Coagulated Mists Essences from INFUZ-5959 vendor for 3*100 Fractal Relics
  5. Buy 5 Vial of Condensed Mists Essences from INFUZ-5959 vendor for 5*30 Fractal Relics
  6. Buy Infusion Extraction Device from INFUZ-5959 vendor
  7. Extract infusion from the ring you are about to infuse (Mystic Forge would destroy the infusion)
  8. Infuse the attuned ring in Mystic Forge
  9. Re-apply the infusion you extracted prior forging

Edit: Added Fractal Relic prices of the mists essences.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

(edited by Korgov.7645)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Keep in mind that the Mist Essences thingies also drop from mobs on FotM, so while you are farming your 750 relics, you might drop a few which will reduce the total cost.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

750 relics per ring? Yeesh.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Well, at least now you can buy them. They used to be drops only.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I don’t understand any of this. I’m just going to wear exotic stuff and play the game.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I don’t understand any of this. I’m just going to wear exotic stuff and play the game.

You can get easy rings and amulet from playing solely WvW. Just because you’re not interested doesn’t mean others may not be… Showing these people that they can just spend some minor time in PvE and get a upgrade is a good thing.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

You can get easy rings and amulet from playing solely WvW. Just because you’re not interested doesn’t mean others may not be… Showing these people that they can just spend some minor time in PvE and get a upgrade is a good thing.

Never said it was a bad thing buddy.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I’m not your buddy, friend.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Why the complexity?

“Won’t somebody please think of the children?”

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I’m not your buddy, friend.

Oh yeah, the names not friend….it’s Pal

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I don’t know the memes.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I don’t know the memes.

What’s a meme? I’m old

Rent the movie kitten tail with Tom Cruise. It says kittentail??? LOL the drink tail, jesus anet.

Buddy. Hey, buddy!

The name is not “buddy.” It’s “pal.”

The brochure promised me a drink on the house, pal.

*Not sure why I went through all that trouble, felt you needed to know the greatness of 1980s Tom Cruise.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Stop scouting for the other side, PvE is bad, PvE is the devil. It will give you herpes, don’t do it.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Stop scouting for the other side, PvE is bad, PvE is the devil. It will give you herpes, don’t do it.

Plz, I have 22k ap. I can no longer deny that I do PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Showing these people that they can just spend some minor time in PvE and get a upgrade is a good thing.

We shouldn’t be forced to do any PvE to acquire max stats.

There should be a standing rule at Arenanet that everything that they add to PvE should be added to the vendor in WvW for a price.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I agree we shouldn’t, but we are, and there is nothing we can do about it. It’s just like the legendaries cries we been hearing over the past 3 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

750 relics… my god … I can see myself 2 slotting (attuning) rings but not farming that amount of fractals ever. Way too much time versus the small value gained and I only have so much time I can apply to random things outside of WvW. Better spent on collections or raising my AP, or farming things that are needed (by me personally or guild)

is it 750 relics per ring to infuse them? So say you have 5 characters, that 750 × 2 × 5? Which is what … 7500 relics o.O – did they bump the amount you gain up to like 40-50 per run? or is this only really achievable to people above a certain fractal threshold and basically giving low rank new players a giant middle finger?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

That’s the table for the fractal relic rewards per fractal.

1-5 = 5 Fractal Relics
6-10 = 6 Fractal Relics
11-15 = 7 Fractal Relics
16-20 = 8 Fractal Relics
21-25 = 9 Fractal Relics
26-30 = 10 Fractal Relics
31-35 = 11 Fractal Relics
36-40 = 12 Fractal Relics
41-45 = 13 Fractal Relics
46-50 = 14 Fractal Relics
51-60 = 15 Fractal Relics
61-70 = 16 Fractal Relics
71-80 = 17 Fractal Relics
81-90 = 18 Fractal Relics
91-100 = 19 Fractal Relics

Fractal dailies give pristine relic which can be turned in 15 relics. Also the Fractal Encryption boxes may contain relics. The junk that come from the boxes make them really nice to open as some of them go as high as 1g on vendor.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Man, that means to make 7500, assuming I do 2 dailies (is that possible – like 1-10 + 11-20) 2 pristine relics (30) plus say 2 runs (6+8 let’s say) – 44/day
7500/44 means 170 days to get all rings infused – and runs take what 20 minutes? So 1 hour /day for 170 days… or grind it out faster and do roughly 200-225 hours of straight fractals . If I play 4 hours a day … 28 hours a week (10 of which I’d have to spend in WvW to remain in my guild) gives me 18 hours a week for fractals which would take 9.44 weeks roughly for me to do this. Or little over 2 months. That’s rough.

What are the 750 fractals even for? I was looking at the attuned and infused recipes and I don’t see anything purchasable (or missed it)

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

You buy mist essence. The infused recipe uses five vials, three files and one shard, which adds up to 750 fractals relics, which accumulate more quickly than I expected.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Meh now have to grind fractals to maximize yourself in wvw, yay. Wow looking good these days, pvp to get pvp gear, who woulda thunk it.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

You buy mist essence. The infused recipe uses five vials, three files and one shard, which adds up to 750 fractals relics, which accumulate more quickly than I expected.

And as I said before, if you’re luckly, you may drop these while doing the fractals to farm relics because they drop off mobs. Reducing the effective cost.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Meh now have to grind fractals to maximize yourself in wvw, yay. Wow looking good these days, pvp to get pvp gear, who woulda thunk it.

WoW pvp still kitten tho. Altho I still like the battlegrounds more than I like spvp here (except Warsong Gulch, kitten Warsong).

I just wanted WvW to be what Alterac Valley never was…

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

WoW pvp still kitten tho. Altho I still like the battlegrounds more than I like spvp here (except Warsong Gulch, kitten Warsong).

I just wanted WvW to be what Alterac Valley never was…

Well at least wow pvp isn’t littered with condi kitten, they’ll have the op specs like usual, like any other game really.

AV was one of my favorites till they made it about lord speedruns, but man the old days of AV… and yeah WG should be burnt to the ground, I kitten hate that map.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

Thanks for writing this up

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Arenanet really must quickly gives us a way to convert badges of honor and/or proof of heroics into fractal relics. Currently there is way too few ways to use both.

We also need a fractal related reward track, which would give us:
fractal relics
vial of Condensed Mists
and maybe other fractal related rewards

I really don’t see the point why Arenanet keeps WvWvW rewards kitten. Are they afraid too many players flock to WvWvW if the rewards get upped near pve levels?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Since we’re talking about fractals, we could use having Infusion Extractors not blocked behind the Fractal mastery. It prevent all base game players from being able to remove Infusions from their rings without destroying them.

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Since we’re talking about fractals, we could use having Infusion Extractors not blocked behind the Fractal mastery. It prevent all base game players from being able to remove Infusions from their rings without destroying them.

That would be great.

Another thing that bothers me with the infusions change is that HoT owners can have 20 more combat stats over base players. As if the elite specializations were not unbalanced enough. They did say in the patch notes balance reasons guided them, but I suspect they didn’t consider WvW at all.

Further the WvW Laurel Merchant sells duplicate amulets for each stat combo. E.g.

I would like the extra ring infusion slots made available to base players, duplicate amulets removed, and all infusions slots accessible by WvW currencies.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Sai Ree.5960

Sai Ree.5960

Another powercreep thingus where what you had long before got taken away without compensation and has been reimplemented as a grind in pve. Not going to do it.
There will be a wvw track some time soon. I hope. Yes, anet? Please say yes.
We’ll get our laurels back, too. I hope. Yes, anet? Please say yes.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Except we do have, they are the extractors sold in the gem store that removes any upgrade.

The price you pay for getting fractal mastery, which I have to say doesn’t take long and experience for the line can be earned while not actually in a fractal, is cheaper custom made extractors. But you never had to destroy the infusion before, just spend more gems if it was worth taking out.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

(edited by HazyDaisy.4107)

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

In the words of the great Bobby Boucher, “PvE is the devil!”

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Except we do have, they are the extractors sold in the gem store that removes any upgrade.

The price you pay for getting fractal mastery, which I have to say doesn’t take long and experience for the line can be earned while not actually in a fractal, is cheaper custom made extractors. But you never had to destroy the infusion before, just spend more gems if it was worth taking out.

The gem store extractor being a legit choice in trinkets beyond agony infusions.

Hah, very funny.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

Complaining about spending a few hours getting a mastery to buy cheaper extractors very funny too. Especially after we told all the pvers GOB track only takes 8 hours

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Arenanet really must quickly gives us a way to convert badges of honor and/or proof of heroics into fractal relics. Currently there is way too few ways to use both.

We also need a fractal related reward track, which would give us:
fractal relics
vial of Condensed Mists
and maybe other fractal related rewards

I really don’t see the point why Arenanet keeps WvWvW rewards kitten. Are they afraid too many players flock to WvWvW if the rewards get upped near pve levels?

I would like to see this. I mostly want to play wvw (I probably spend 80% of my time there), but I also want to do T4 fractals at some point because they’re quick money. Fractal regulars would scream bloody murder about fractal weapon skins being in a rewards track, but… it would be nice.

I am quite pleased with the bloodstone fen rewards track, since it allows ascended trinkets of any stat type to be obtained via wvw.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Complaining about spending a few hours getting a mastery to buy cheaper extractors very funny too. Especially after we told all the pvers GOB track only takes 8 hours

Base game players cannot get masteries my friend. They cannont “spend a few time in PvE to get cheaper extractors”. My point still stand.

And really, there is NOTHING in the game that justify the price you pay for the gem store extractor. Anything you may want to extract is problably cheaper on TP than the price you pay to covert gold to gems and buy the extractor.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Hmm, somehow we went from debunking the extractors as a choice as in, it’d be completely irresponsible to hand most people that recommendation, to something unrelated about the Gift of Battle. Dodge much? Plus you know, they both could be bad design choices.

Though I suppose it is consistent; the game seems to treat a number of choices like they’re viable…. in some obscure context.

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

I see your point, but we were all base game players for years, with no better option than to buy it if we wanted it depending on the item, whatever IT was. There needs to be incentives for people to upgrade to HOT, and a feeling of reward for those that did, even if the rewards are as small as mastery lines that provide access to better stuff, better buffs, new maps or cheaper options to do something as basic as removing an upgrade.

I feel for the people that can’t afford hot, but if something as small as that were accessible to vanilla or even FTP accounts, I’d be pretty niffed that so many people grinded for the pleasure of use, while others were able to spend nothing and get it for free basically.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

And do not forget to infuse your back pack.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I would like the extra ring infusion slots made available to base players, duplicate amulets removed, and all infusions slots accessible by WvW currencies.

• Infusion slots can already be filled with any infusion.
  • Stat+5 infusions are available for WvW currencies (+7 and +9 aren’t…yet).
  • Extra infusion slots are available via the first tier of Fractal Attunement Mastery. None of them require fractal currencies.

The continued existence of same-name|different-stat amulets, rings, and accessories seems to be an oversight, that will eventually be fixed (probably).

So everything that you want is already in the game, except that infused rings|backs and attuned rings are gated behind the expansion, which is just as reasonable (or unreasonable) as gating specializations and the revenant.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The continued existence of same-name|different-stat amulets, rings, and accessories seems to be an oversight, that will eventually be fixed (probably).

For amulets it is, for rings and accessories it is not as they are still unique ( ), i.e. you cannot wear the same ring and accessory twice!

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Infusion slots can already be filled with any infusion.
  • Stat+5 infusions are available for WvW currencies (+7 and +9 aren’t…yet).
  • Extra infusion slots are available via the first tier of Fractal Attunement Mastery. None of them require fractal currencies.

So everything that you want is already in the game, except that infused rings|backs and attuned rings are gated behind the expansion, which is just as reasonable (or unreasonable) as gating specializations and the revenant.

To infuse a ring requires 750 Fractal Relics. You can only have attuned (2-slot) rings without grinding Fractals for weeks.

Edit: As you already mentioned the expansion is pay-to-win even when the player doesn’t use revenant or elite specializations.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

(edited by Korgov.7645)

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

A few new reward tracks and / or changes to existing reward tracks would be useful to 100% wvwers. Perhaps a track that rewarded a wvw specific infusion and 1 extractor upon completion, or the option to gain laurels, relics or other currencies of the users choice instead of clovers. The amounts of each type would need to be sorted out though, for instance, I wouldn’t consider 8 laurels equal to 8 clovers, perhaps 2 laurels in lieu of.

Anyway, something different thats a nice compromise for everyone without sacraficing the efforts of those that did pay to grind.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

how to buy Fractal Relics?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

how to buy Fractal Relics?

You don’t buy the relics, you use the relics to buy the Mist Essences, which are the itens that used to be drop-only. I admit the quoted post sound confusing.

Getting 750 relics to buy them is much better than farming fractals for itens that even at ~340% magic find I have a hard time to drop.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Haha, nice try Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Im glad with the 3 infusion slots on rings. I needed it for Wvw to get my crit chance slightly above 50%. So whats next, earrings and back item? (sins back item can only have 2 slots) would be awesome If they make the amulet usefull again. All these infusions you can put on amulet are all terrabad.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r