Hammer Rev Damage Needs Nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@Bigpapasmurf.5623, good point still that is the problem with this game, its all about stack dumb aoe stack & spam…. that is what is making the power creep most of the times, no wonder GW2 is known to be the mmo for noobs and a very bad pvp game…

I don’t know about that. I would point to ones like Runescape for noobs,

PvP aspect (both PvP and WvW) isn’t the greatest I will admit, however I have played worse over the years. BDO is one that I found was worse (I used to play up to last year).

yeah i played that as well, until i got bored of guilds given a safe " buff"to us the wizard so we sould not take damage while in pvp :|

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

@Bigpapasmurf.5623, good point still that is the problem with this game, its all about stack dumb aoe stack & spam…. that is what is making the power creep most of the times, no wonder GW2 is known to be the mmo for noobs and a very bad pvp game…

PvP aspect (both PvP and WvW) isn’t the greatest I will admit, however I have played worse over the years. BDO is one that I found was worse (I used to play up to last year).

yeah i played that as well, until i got bored of guilds given a safe " buff"to us the wizard so we sould not take damage while in pvp :|

Im glad you understand what I mean then :p

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Revenant

Aeolus.3615

it is sad how MMO makers nowadays are awfull (and by awfull is being nice)….

in Revenant

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

it is sad how MMO makers nowadays are awful (and by awfull is being nice)….

Some try (like ANet), however it seems like its a hard task to make something spectacular due to balance issues.

Anywho, back to topic, Hammer rev damage was nerfed a while back. I have played many classes/builds (some squish) and don’t have much issues vs them as lots of them are predictable. If you are going range, force out their hammer block and wait it out.

If you have any way to stealth, even better.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Revenant

Posted by: Ghost.7032

Ghost.7032

Are you crazy? lol. Do not nerf the hammer!
That class and the damage is the only thing good for vs condi cancer blobs.
Because they killed already the tempest by nerfing the damage.
So please stop asking for nerfing damage!! Nerf the condi!

in Revenant

Aeolus.3615

The easy stack of very high damage output on very low CD, gw2 was made to be a very unskilled game at the end…

So, they wont nerf condi, it wil happen the other way they will increase the condi spam….. Anet will continue to troll with bad decisions over and over….

Dont forget that easy damage output gimmicks make every one play better, the more the damage the easyer the game gets and less is the gap between good and awfullplayers, its just a matter of learn your rotation and the op builds/ more easy to play of the momment.

The true problem might be not the damage avaliable but howiseasy to spam and stack on aoe/cleave… DUE HOW THE CLASSES NEED TO BEHAVE FOR PVE REASONS

Hammer AA, or most AA from every class should be single targetted excep for staff ele and a few other reasonable autos like guardian staff as well, or at least they need to be a bit tweaked, wich we all know ANET is a joke at class design and game balance.

TO MUCH AOE/CLEAVE is what made this game ugly, its sad that ANet keeps enforcing it… with stupid gimmicks vs stupid gimmicks…

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Revenant

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

they wont nerf condi, it wil happen the other way they will increase the condi spam…..

Dont forget that easy damage output gimmicks make every one play better, the more the damage the easyer the game gets and less is the gap between good and awfullplayers, its just a matter of learn your rotation and the op builds/ more easy to play of the momment.

Still hammer AA, or most AA from every class should be single targetted excep for staff ele and a few other reasonable autos like guardian staff as well.

TO MUCH AOE/CLEAVE is what made this game ugly, its sad that ANet keeps enforcing it… with supid gimmicks vs stupid gimmicks…

+1

Too much aoe,too much condi,too much damage on aoe’s..too much easymode gameplay.If people say theres skill needed in this game,they lying.

I remember way before hot you needed some skill to kill someone,now we just spamm this spamm that,spamm the aoe,spamm the condi.I dont even know why i still play tbh.

in Revenant

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

That said, Hammer Bolt does need a nerf of some kind to its damage. This shouldn’t happen against an ascended/maxed medium player with an AA from 1500 away. As you can see the rest of the damage I was taking was totally normal so it’s not like I was missing armor or anything to be deceptive on the screen. I’m a ridiculously durable thief as well with +8k health; That AA would have likely one-shotted an exotic-wearing thief in non-toughness/vit gear.

I think hammer bolt is a straight flying projectile and is 1200 range unless that has been changed.

Secondly hammer Bolt itself isn’t inherently strong since it’s damage coefficient is only 0.95. it in itself is fine as a skill. What makes it strong is all the self sufficient damage modifiers revs have access to via traits that will almost triple the next attacks damage under the right circutnaces then also having one of the highest ferocity and crit chance in the game due to aura and GM trait.

As another person put it here, it definitely isn’t 1200 or has the capacity to gain huge ranged increases. I don’t really play rev (or for that matter GW2 in general) that much at all as I loathe the playstyle, but there are times when I’m getting hit by revs at roughly 50% further distance than what Steal/IStrike can close the gap on.

I get that CR and various other modifiers break a lot of the revenant (thief AA’s have a similar problem but are at much higher risk, and I opposed the AA buff there to begin with) and are mostly to blame, but there’s honestly no way to justify the capacity for such crazy damage on a huge-range baseline-piercing AA from a heavy that aready packs a spammable non-reflectable ranged AoE backstab, projectile block, and hard CC’ing nuke in the same kit. If the rest of rev isn’t broken, the AA could frankly take a nerf in the interim of a rework given the fact the weapon is mostly just used (and subsequently abused) in WvW, and we know the next weapon for the rev will be the longbow which could fill an AA-heavy ranged option for the profession as well.

I don’t like putting weapons into states where they’re only usable for one purpose, but I’d much prefer a weapon to be a good pick for a niche purpose and weaker overall rather than being near-mindless and very overpowered for that small niche purpose in order to make it usable for a broader scope.

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Revenant hammer better not be touched with anything less than a rework to a viable weapon in any situation other than making zerglings salty.

CoR is a broken, and quite honestly stupid, skill to have on such a low cd, and it makes little sense to me that the single highest damage weapon per skill that revenant has would be tied to the defensive legend, Jalis.

Rework it to be a viable ranged weapon for something other than bombing from max range with a bunch of stacked traits, please.

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Hammer rev in respects to CoR, much like most of rev, needs a re-design. Numbers changes won’t fix hammer because it’s terrible in the 1v1.

That said, Hammer Bolt does need a nerf of some kind to its damage. This shouldn’t happen against an ascended/maxed medium player with an AA from 1500 away. As you can see the rest of the damage I was taking was totally normal so it’s not like I was missing armor or anything to be deceptive on the screen. I’m a ridiculously durable thief as well with +8k health; That AA would have likely one-shotted an exotic-wearing thief in non-toughness/vit gear.

I guess ranger longbow must be op too because there is a build that can put out 10k AA.

I can honestly say I have never seen this, nor when I was playing my own power ranger build (pumping out as much damage while camping LB), My AA’kitten maybe ~5-6k tops when I crit. This is one of those “unless you show me the build in action, I can’t believe it”.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Bearbow-in-WvW/first#post6652601

https://youtu.be/pMBGUD16I-Y

in Revenant

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Nah.
I just made my Rev a full zerk set a week ago.
Let me have my fun.
Rev is the last viable power class in the game for wvw.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Oh? CoR can land 9-15k crits, is a non-projectile, can actually hit more than 1 person at a time and still has a 4s cooldown?

BETTER NERF TRUESHOT ON DH AGAIN!

in Revenant

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

They have slow as hell animation…
Full zerker makes revs squishy as hell, especially with rev’s lack of sustain…

The damage/sustain trade off balances….. OH WAIT CONDI BUILDS?!

POWER REV CLEARLY UNDERPOWERED → BUFF PLZ. TRUE BALANCE WILL BE ACHIEVED BY MAKING REVS TANKY AND CRIT 10K+

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I suspect a lot of the salt towards hammer revenant is purely because of this trait:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cruel_Repercussion

They look at their combat log, see a 15k cor, and assume that every cor hits that hard when it really only happens occasionally.

Regardless I would love to see the trait reworked to a steady +10-15% damage modifier. This would eliminate the exceptionally high hammer hits in wvw that everyone loves to post screen shots, make power rev less trash for pve raids, and not break pvp rev since they would need to give up their one decent condi cleanse for it.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Revenant

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That trait is definitely a problem, its far too large of a bonus for having an attack negated. But even accounting for that, CoR can deal 10k+ damage without this trait at 1,200 range, as an AoE attack, all on a 4 second CD. Its still very, very strong for its low cooldown.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Nah.
I just made my Rev a full zerk set a week ago.
Let me have my fun.
Rev is the last viable power class in the game for wvw.

Because it was the last one made that what anet dose they add in something and forget about the old. Only if they would re look at power dmg for all other classes mostly needed for the non condi dmg classes something that rev has high condi out put ontop of high boon support and high healing support and high tanklyness and high mobility.

Any way its not that its high dmg that the problem its that the projectiles are often to hard to see due to how dark they are and the main dmg skill the 2 is very hard to see even if your watching for it.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Revenant

ArthurDent.9538

High damage per attack balanced by low rate of attack, and hammer is a VERY slow weapon which is bad at literally everything except for ranged damage.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Wost Engi NA

in Revenant

Jski.6180

High damage per attack balanced by low rate of attack, and hammer is a VERY slow weapon which is bad at literally everything except for ranged damage.

Fire ball for staff ele ask you why that and its a lot easier to see the fire ball then a dam “shadow” hammer. Necro staff 1 there a lot of classes who have a slow attk that do not even come close to a revs dmg. Its not a balanced attk.

in Revenant

ArthurDent.9538

Fire ball for staff ele ask you why that and its a lot easier to see the fire ball then a dam “shadow” hammer. Necro staff 1 there a lot of classes who have a slow attk that do not even come close to a revs dmg. Its not a balanced attk.

Staff ele does a lot more damage than hammer rev against targets that can’t dodge the obvious animations, and the animations for hammer rev are just as obvious. Main difference is ele dies to retal in wvw while hammer revs low hits per minute keeps it relatively safe.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Wost Engi NA

in Revenant

Jski.6180

Staff ele does a lot more damage than hammer rev against targets that can’t dodge the obvious animations, and the animations for hammer rev are just as obvious. Main difference is ele dies to retal in wvw while hammer revs low hits per minute keeps it relatively safe.

I am not seeing an ele doing 13k dmg with one skill. The ground attk that not a projectile on a 5 sec cd that often is hidden by the grass and or every thing going off and players i am not sure where its obvious.

Lets get on that subject what dose it take for ele to get near to that point. They often tend to have 1.9k armor and maybe 15k hp maybe less. About how much hp / armor dose that rev have? The ele kill it self by casting spells at that point due to retal rev dose not.

Faces it rev is doing too much dmg OR all the other classes in gw2 are doing to low of dmg.

The ele max dmg with staff:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWhUMonhdOwyB8RMIAYylMEUDr3Qb4TGBgCwDA-TVRSwAiUCOR5HNdAA2fAq6PkCQQdWA-w

Rev max dmg:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWin3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskEAAwGA-TVRSwATU+RTXAg9Hgq+jIlgkCQQdWA-w

(note i do not know the build but i want to point out the hp / armor differences and what you must do to equal out the dmg)

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

MFW OP was trying to be sarcastic but some people actually fell for it… and it gets worse when they even try to rationalize such idiotic “arguments”.

I’ve lost once again faith in the average intelligence level of people.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Jski.6180

MFW OP was trying to be sarcastic but some people actually fell for it… and it gets worse when they even try to rationalize such idiotic “arguments”.

I’ve lost once again faith in the average intelligence level of people.

Power dmg is lacking in wvw all but for rev not sure if your the one missing the point here.

in Revenant

ThunderPanda.1872

I am not seeing an ele doing 13k dmg with one skill. The ground attk that not a projectile on a 5 sec cd that often is hidden by the grass and or every thing going off and players i am not sure where its obvious.

They do more damage in the same time the hammer animation fires

in Revenant

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Personally, I think Its pretty easy to dodge out of the way of coalescence or ruin.

[varX] Limitless Potential

in Revenant

OriOri.8724

Personally, I think Its pretty easy to dodge out of the way of coalescence or ruin.

Then it should be sped up so its harder to dodge, but have its damage nerfed hard.

in Revenant

Justine.6351

The funny thing is you don’t even have to dodge it. Just strafe. Not even joking, it will miss everytime on someone strafing.

in Revenant

Jski.6180

Oddly hammer is faster then a fire ball that and the hammer hits 5 targets and fire ball only hits 3.

Its not the hammer 1 that realty braking things is the hammer 2 and that is because its doing 13k ish dmg on such a low cd its a non counter able attks (only unblockable are harder to deal with) and its very hard to see.

Look i am ok for attks to do this much dmg but you need real tells and more then one class needs to have this type of burst dmg. Right now gw2 in wvw feels more like stander mmorpg combat then the action combat because you simply cant see what going on. This is due to being able to hide attks in other attks or simply have such low animations impact that it seems like its part of the map.

So if your ok with this dmg and effect then why not put it on other classes on there pure power dmg weapons?

in Revenant

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

possible when you see it coming, not possible in zerg fights

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

snipples

possible when you see it coming, not possible in zerg fights

Your zerg should always be moving, parties should be balanced and your frontline is going to take the majority, if not all of the hits of CoR and it does crap damage that Ele’s will heal through. Their is a reason why people desire necro’s/ele over rev. DPS.

What I find funny is that no one has mentioned the fact that Gaurdian traps, backstab, and ranger LB, can do this damage.
And they dont need a zerg to cover for them.

Power rev cant deal with condi spikes- you can run, and hope you get healed, you can switch to mallyx and spam resistance, but in both scenerios you are doing no damage, and their is no guarantee you survive because condi is meta.

Power rev is terrible with hammer in a 1 v 1- this shouldnt need explaining, if you die to a hammer rev 1 v 1 you need to do some soul searching.

Power Rev CAN be 2-3 shot by a power theif- This should be a very important point to all of you who keep posting a full zerker rev, you will be picked off by pick teams because your squishy, and thieves can and will do it.

If you rely on a zerg to be useful ( and arguably against organized groups that usefulness diminishes greatly) then by design that weapon/class is terrible.

If you want to be useful to zergs just go condirev and give resistance to teammates, and drop UA on downed players so your necro’s can kill twice as many people from spreading condies to everyone with epi.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Revenant

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

I suspect a lot of the salt towards hammer revenant is purely because of this trait:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cruel_Repercussion

They look at their combat log, see a 15k cor, and assume that every cor hits that hard when it really only happens occasionally.

Regardless I would love to see the trait reworked to a steady +10-15% damage modifier. This would eliminate the exceptionally high hammer hits in wvw that everyone loves to post screen shots, make power rev less trash for pve raids, and not break pvp rev since they would need to give up their one decent condi cleanse for it.

I think a change/removal/nerf of this trait would do a lot to quell cries of Rev Hammer being OP. I can’t ever remember being crit any more than 7k by CoR that wasn’t aided by that trait.

in Revenant

DeceiverX.8361

My guildmate’s condi build hits CoR for 6k and my crappy-geared lowly-optimized rev was regularly pushing 10-12k’s.

Frankly if you can’t get above a 7k CoR you’re doing something horribly wrong. It’s so easy to push over 10k with with negligible build sacrifices or proc-dependencies.

CR is what pushes an optimized hammer rev’s CoR damage to the >20k margin.

Whether or not the skill hits too hard isn’t even really the issue at hand; the whole of hammer needs major changes because of how stupidly binary and poorly-designed it is.

The damage is overbearing in WvW since it can’t be reflected or negated by traditional projectile hate while being a super low cooldown AoE and is hard to see with all the particles/glowing skins flying around, meanwhile the kit is a joke and totally worthless in most other forms of play.

Both of these are just caused by poor design. Hammer damage could and should easily afford a nerf if it offered proper utility or consistency in smaller-scale fighting.

in Revenant

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

It’s a glass cannon, pure and simple. Justine makes it look easier to play than it actually is, because they’re that good at it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arkaile.5604

Arkaile.5604

The fact that people are still getting hit by CoR often enough to become upset and come here to post on this thread just cracks me up.

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

The fact that people are still getting hit by CoR often enough to become upset and come here to post on this thread just cracks me up.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Nerf direct damage so to indirect buff condi, great, just great.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in Revenant

ThunderPanda.1872

Oddly hammer is faster then a fire ball that and the hammer hits 5 targets and fire ball only hits 3.

Its not the hammer 1 that realty braking things is the hammer 2 and that is because its doing 13k ish dmg on such a low cd its a non counter able attks (only unblockable are harder to deal with) and its very hard to see.

Look i am ok for attks to do this much dmg but you need real tells and more then one class needs to have this type of burst dmg. Right now gw2 in wvw feels more like stander mmorpg combat then the action combat because you simply cant see what going on. This is due to being able to hide attks in other attks or simply have such low animations impact that it seems like its part of the map.

So if your ok with this dmg and effect then why not put it on other classes on there pure power dmg weapons?

either you don’t ele or you only camp fire only blobbing with minstrel gear

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in Revenant

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Tbh everything condi should get nerfed before anything else….

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Tbh every elite spec should be nerfed to oblivion then slowly given back to be equal to core specs

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Tbh every elite spec should be nerfed to oblivion then slowly given back to be equal to core specs

That does nothing for the current condi meta.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Revenant

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The funny thing is you don’t even have to dodge it. Just strafe. Not even joking, it will miss everytime on someone strafing.

Most people that die to CoR were most likely either

1.) Already low on health, and anything would have killed them
2.) Tried to facetank the enemy, and would have been cleaved by anything
3.) Standing still.

It was once a BS skill, but post nerf it seems fairly managable.

Also note that while you could probably hit random stragglers for 12k, in practice it may be a little less due to easy tempest aoe protection, frost aura and also random rite of the great dwarf and whatever voodoo invul is around these days.

Finally, in big groups, it is not just about numbers. Sacrificing group survival for more personal dps can work, but it may also have indirect effects when your own people drop and end up rallying the people you just downed.

That being said, I guess hammer could use a rework since it is just a zerg weapon atm.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Revenant

Jski.6180

either you don’t ele or you only camp fire only blobbing with minstrel gear

I know ele very well the thing is when you do go for that glass build for ele your killing your self on retal alone where rev has real base hp and armor. This is 17k hp vs 11k hp on-top of number of hits to equal out the dmg amounts (ele needs to hit the same target more then once to do the same dmg as the rev who only needs to hit the target once.)

That how the meta is if your doing dmg power or condi doing it all at once or able to put it on one target (something that hits more then once but a targeted effect) is far better then a pAoE so much so that you seen many old power effects such as necro power dmg wells fallen comply out of game play. So the ele fire 2 is no where near as strong as rev hammer 2 in real combat. On paper they are close (all though rev hammer 2 sill is better) but having that dmg over time on an effect that is placed in the field is far worst then any one shot aoe. This is more true with metor for ele then any other skill. It dose no dmg if it only hits targets once with its rng effect its comply up in the air how well it will work and that IS what plaguing power dmg ele more then any thing else. Its skills look good on paper and can be buffed over and over but due to how the game plays now its all worthless dmg.

I would go as far as to say fire ball is the only real dmg skill on the fire line for staff atm. Every thing else is just scary circles that any one with 1/2 of a brain can keep out of. You do not even get real tells on the rev skills like you do with eles yes there maybe an animations but nothing on the ground that cant be killed with skill culling where ele has both the ground circles warming and the animation tells.

I am starting to think you have no ideal what ele is nor do you know what rev is or how wvw works at all.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Revenant

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

if not all of the hits of CoR and it does crap damage

What I find funny is that no one has mentioned the fact that Gaurdian traps, backstab, and ranger LB, can do this damage.

Power rev is terrible with hammer in a 1 v 1

If you rely on a zerg to be useful ( and arguably against organized groups that usefulness diminishes greatly) then by design that weapon/class is terrible.

I think the reason ppl hate CoR is that even with 3k armor it still does lots of dmg

none of those are even comparable to CoR for obvious reasons. traps have high cd, teefs will get downed by zerg aa, rang lb gets reflected. CoR suffers from none of those drawbacks.

I’m not talking about 1v1, which I made clear.

since zergs are what I’m talking about, this last point of yours makes no sense. the weapon and class are very much meta and taken in nearly every serious comp.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Revenant

Jski.6180

I think the reason ppl hate CoR is that even with 3k armor it still does lots of dmg

none of those are even comparable to CoR for obvious reasons. traps have high cd, teefs will get downed by zerg aa, rang lb gets reflected. CoR suffers from none of those drawbacks.

since zergs are what I’m talking about, this last point of yours makes no sense. the weapon and class are very much meta and taken in nearly every serious comp.

You cant even see the thing coming most of the time. The animations on the hit is way too easy to hid so your offten going down with no ideal why. Most of the time it feels like some one was haxing and that never a good / fun feeling.

in Revenant

ThunderPanda.1872

You cant even see the thing coming most of the time. The animations on the hit is way too easy to hid so your offten going down with no ideal why. Most of the time it feels like some one was haxing and that never a good / fun feeling.

If we are talking about zerg…… Which aoe ring can you even reliably identify?…

Projectiles too. I can’t see pulls reliably, please nerf pull

in Revenant

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

i’d like the range of it to be a bit more predictable. im getting hit by them a mile away and the enemy seems to teleport backwards during the burst making the range more than 1500 (or so it seems to me). mbe its a combination of the other hammer ability alongside it…?

Just on its own its dodgeable but when paired with all these other teleportation things and the RANGE on it…makes it ridiculous at times imo especially given its spammability. Would like it to be less chainable with other abilities. I don’t want shockwaves randomly coming towards me without seeing the revenant’s feet on the ground swinging the hammer and doing the animation in full within the max range its suppposed to have.

Also alot of you are saying stuff like 2600 power without might….and u think thats alot? You think 70 or 80% crit rate is telling me u do alot of damage? you think 250% crit damage and a mere 2700 power w/o might is alot?!!? Thats nothing.

Thats server lag and what you see is not limited to rev hammer. You can do this with almost any ground target long range AOE on almost any class / build and it has been in the game since the beginning. As the lag dissapates things get more accurate and you have to be closer or actually within your true stated range to use them.

Basically the AOE lans where the player cast it while the player was moving and is now actually beyond its cast range.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Revenant

DeceiverX.8361

3.) Standing still.

Also note that while you could probably hit random stragglers for 12k, in practice it may be a little less due to easy tempest aoe protection, frost aura and also random rite of the great dwarf and whatever voodoo invul is around these days.

Finally, in big groups, it is not just about numbers. Sacrificing group survival for more personal dps can work, but it may also have indirect effects when your own people drop and end up rallying the people you just downed.

That being said, I guess hammer could use a rework since it is just a zerg weapon atm.

And that’s kinda the thing. It’s super easy to avoid in small-scale or 1v1 but the visual clutter from everything going on in a ZvZ with the skill having no reflect/deflect and the likes just lets it drop five people out of nowhere every four seconds.

Hammer just needs a rework in its entirety.

in Revenant

Justine.6351

3.) Standing still.

And that’s kinda the thing. It’s super easy to avoid in small-scale or 1v1 but the visual clutter from everything going on in a ZvZ with the skill having no reflect/deflect and the likes just lets it drop five people out of nowhere every four seconds.

What are damage mitigation? Everyone playing glass thieves now?

in Revenant

ThunderPanda.1872

3.) Standing still.

Ground target aoe aren’t reflectable. How do I identify which ones are blockable and which ones are unblockable?

If anything that needs to be reworked, it’s not rev’s hammer, the entire game visual mechanic needs to be reworked

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in Revenant

OriOri.8724

3.) Standing still.

What are damage mitigation? Everyone playing glass thieves now?

Yes, because in a blob fight everyone is always at full health…….

CoR can hit for 10-15k quite easily. Even with protection you are still taking 7-10k damage from that attack, that’s can easily down 3 non glass characters who have been fighting and don’t have full health.

in Revenant

Jski.6180

If we are talking about zerg…… Which aoe ring can you even reliably identify?…

Projectiles too. I can’t see pulls reliably, please nerf pull

Aoe rings are easy to see you may have no ideal what they are doing but you can see if its from the other team or not. Projectiles often get hit by culling and you cant tell if its from your own team or not. Pulls are very hard to see. Things like hammer 2 rev that is not a projectile nor is a ring is impossible to see.

The system is there in gw2 but for some reason it was not used on the killing skills for class. Or at least a sliding bar of how much you can see lowest being just the rings highest showing you maybe projectile hit boxes.