Have you given up yet on new rewards?

in WvW

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

I almost have.

After a month since update I have claimed a whopping 65 tickets. At this rate I will get a mistforged weapon in about 5 months or get the first tier of the backpack in 5 months too. I’m not alone either, my server is mostly dead again. This update did very little to revitalize our server’s interest in WvW.

I know that these rewards are for the vets, and I’m glad you have this. I feel the rewards should be easier to get for the vets but still accessible to all. I know technically they are, but if you are low rank and on a server with little gameplay, then it’s near impossible to get. At this rate it would take about 3 1/2 years to get the full legendary backpack. That is after doing nothing but WvW. In that time I could do so much more in the other game modes. That and playing on a server that has little or no interest in WvW, make this game mode BORING. I’ve switched servers twice to follow the action, I don’t intend to do it anymore.

I hope Anet rebalances this soon. I really want to like WvW. I’ve had some very memorable experiences there and hope to again someday.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

It’s items ment for players that spend a lot of time in WvW. And maybe have spent hours a day for years doing mostly WvW.

Surely there can be no harm done having very hard to obtain items for those players?

For the rest there are tons of weapons and backpacks from pve raids, fractals etc etc that the WvW:ers rarely put in the time getting.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Just finished my sublime chest piece, won’t be pursuing other rewards for now, getting tired of combat and the cruddy balance again and the game mode and the server I’m on. Was getting 5-7 pips depending on skirmish placement, got around 235 ranks with celebration booster on most of the time and the other exp booster about 50% of the time. I feel bad for the lower rank players who can’t even get the max tickets every week.

I’ve stated before there are a lot of gates to the system, and need to adjust some things. I don’t think it would be bad for an average of 2 hours a day which is the average raid time for guilds, or 14 hours a week to earn the full tickets, which is probably only achievable by most players right now if they’re playing on outnumbered maps to get the extra 5 pips.

I certainly don’t think it should require over 20 hours of playing every week to earn the max tickets, does the pve raiding section even require that? and you’re earning legendary armor over there. There’s a cap of 175 tickets per week anyways, so why does the time input need to be basically a second job?

There’s a minimum of 4 months of ticket gathering required for the back piece.
There’s a minimum of 3-6 weeks of ticket gathering required for each t3 armor piece, but you really only need to get the chest and legs for the effects.
It would take you 1-2 weeks of tickets per piece to get the t2 triumphant if you’re after ascended only and have gold for the crafting part.
Minimum of ranks 1500-2000 to get t3 of the armor.

They should have evened out the tickets for every chest and not back load the chests. 7×25 not 10-15-20-25-30-35-40, and tickets per rank of chest not only on the last rank.
Pips per rank can be adjusted, 10k rank shouldn’t be getting a pip on it’s own.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

and you’re earning legendary armor over there

That’s what I’ve been saying from the start. Ascended gear can be crafted. We have been able to craft ascended gear for years. This is all about chasing skins. No achievements for it, no legendary armor after all this time.

I’ve been pretty chill about it… until today.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Yes definitely… I can’t really even remember what the so called rewards are for pretty much anything. As I’ve said before, I go in to play with friends and have some fun… but the idea of subscribing to the grind that has been setup to get pretty much anything “cool” has left my system completely.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

The new participation timer just blew it for me. You’ll literally start losing participation if you stop to break into a keep and it takes more than a minute to do so. Um, yeah…

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

The new participation timer just blew it for me. You’ll literally start losing participation if you stop to break into a keep and it takes more than a minute to do so. Um, yeah…

lol, yep… just watch the grind slow down now… I’ve already decided not to bother going into WvW as much as I was the last couple weeks. If my buddies are in there I’ll pop in for a bit, but I had actually started solo roaming again and some havoc with pugs… but meh… not gonna be worth it now.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I have 1,175 tickets after very casual play. I actually played much much more when EotM was active.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I haven’t rushed for it yet, nor i will. Been playing this mode for years so these tickets will come by as i play.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

I have 1,175 tickets after very casual play. I actually played much much more when EotM was active.

Using the chart below, what’s your definition of “very casual” in playtime?

1 pip : 1450 ticks, it takes 5d 0h 50m (120h 50m) or around 17h 15m per day
2 pips: 725 ticks, it takes 2d 12h 25m (60h 25m) or around 8h 40m per day
3 pips: 484 ticks, it takes 1d 16h 20m (40h 20m) or around 5h 45m per day
4 pips: 363 ticks, it takes 1d 6h 15m (30h 15m) or around 4h 20m per day
5 pips: 290 ticks, it takes 1d 0h 10m (24h 10m) or around 3h 30m per day
6 pips: 242 ticks, it takes 20h 10m or around 2h 55m per day
7 pips: 208 ticks, it takes 17h 20m or around 2h 30m per day
8 pips: 182 ticks, it takes 15h 10m or around 2h 10m per day
9 pips: 162 ticks, it takes 13h 30m or around 1h 55m per day
10 pips: 145 ticks, it takes 12h 5m or around 1h 45m per day
11 pips: 132 ticks, it takes 11h 0m or around 1h 35m per day
12 pips: 121 ticks, it takes 10h 5m or around 1h 25m per day
13 pips: 112 ticks, it takes 9h 20m or around 1h 20m per day
14 pips: 104 ticks, it takes 8h 40m or around 1h 15m per day
15 pips: 97 ticks, it takes 8h 5m or around 1h 10m per day
16 pips: 91 ticks, it takes 7h 35m or around 1h 5m per day
17 pips: 86 ticks, it takes 7h 10m or around 1h per day

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

What’s your WvW rank and server? How much time is considered casual to you?

I’ve played about an 1 to 2 hours per night. Last night, we spent 2 hours flipping camps on our BL. Our zerg was never big enough to retake our keeps. We usually rank about 2nd between the three server matchup. 65 tickets is all I have to show for that.

The new reward system is nice and it is only just for skins, however (and I may be wrong about this) another purpose of the update was to bring more players into this game mode. It seems to me from map chat, reddit, and forums that most of us players who want to love WvW look at the how much grind is required and say “nope, nevermind that!” Now, with the strictness of the decay timer it will further complicate things.

I also understand that the rewards are for players who always play WvW, which doesn’t seem like many from my server’s point of view. However, would not these vets want a more dependable, thriving community? I know that reward/pip system works out great for some and they have no issue for that. It’s a just and well deserved reward for all the hours of dedicated play. However, at the current rates, anyone starting out or low in their ranks (I’m at 525) have such an uphill journey that it almost seems ridiculous. Maybe for those of us who want to invest the time, maybe give extra WXP as a reward for spending time and energy so time climb ranks a little bit faster to get those extra pips.

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

However, would not these vets want a more dependable, thriving community?

I would definitely want newer players to gear up while playing WvW. I can’t claim to know anything but going by the way I put my ascended sets together before, newer rank players will likely build enough surplus from just random pve and general salvage from bags to build a couple sets by the time they can make a few Triumphant pieces.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

WvW vets complain for years about how the game mode needs new blood. When changes are made to get that new blood the WvW vets complain about how the new blood is just full of “PvE leechers.” What does one take away from this? WvW vets have a huge chip on their shoulder and they’re part of the problem.

As I said in another thread… WvWers stand in their own way of making this game mode fun and healthy just as much as ArenaNet does with mistakes that have been made. Fast forward prior to the release of the second expansion and I will bet you that WvW will be right back to where it was before the recent competitive patch.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

We dont need new blood in WvW, we need old blood back. New players take over half a year to get semi-decent even if they play every night like 4 hours. The meta is way more complex with introduction of extra boonrip, boonshare and condibombs compared to 3 years ago.

The issue is that these people need to start from basics like What is a dodge, what is boonrip, what is stability, why is ranger/thief bad, what is blast/whirl finisher and they take several weeks to learn just one of them. They are simply just too bad to play with for people who have played this game mode for multiple years and gone thro multiple meta shifts.

You wanna be PvE noob and play in WvW? Then adapt, get the build, ask around, I cant name a single person that wouldn’t help with their best judgement, some tips might be bad and some good. There isn’t a single person that didn’t go thro the rage of others when getting better. I remember clearly my favorite commander calling me names when i could carry only 10 supply, but who cares, I played because I liked the game, not because I wanted some virtual gold or skins.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

We dont need new blood in WvW, we need old blood back. New players take over half a year to get semi-decent even if they play every night like 4 hours. The meta is way more complex with introduction of extra boonrip, boonshare and condibombs compared to 3 years ago.

The issue is that these people need to start from basics like What is a dodge, what is boonrip, what is stability, why is ranger/thief bad, what is blast/whirl finisher and they take several weeks to learn just one of them. They are simply just too bad to play with for people who have played this game mode for multiple years and gone thro multiple meta shifts.

You wanna be PvE noob and play in WvW? Then adapt, get the build, ask around, I cant name a single person that wouldn’t help with their best judgement, some tips might be bad and some good. There isn’t a single person that didn’t go thro the rage of others when getting better. I remember clearly my favorite commander calling me names when i could carry only 10 supply, but who cares, I played because I liked the game, not because I wanted some virtual gold or skins.

Funny… there are raiders out there that would knock that chip right off your shoulders with what they can accomplish with their class. Where PvE, sPvP, and WvW are different game modes, it does not mean that being a veteran at one makes you elite over those who have spent a majority of time in the other. This is the attitude that is helping to kill WvW so please keep that in mind when you complain about how awful the mode has become.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

No, I’m still working on them. I’ve got 5/6 pieces of T2 and will start getting T3 once I’ve gotten my T2 pants next week.

Just play it, get ranks, have fun. Don’t stress about tickets. WvW has multiple reward streams and tickets should be a minor one for newer WvWers.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

Yup I’ve given up. I’m grateful we got some dev love, but it feels like it missed the mark. Wvw is the only real game mode I still play in gw2. It was nice to see multiple map Qs in wood league. shininess is already wearing off tho. The grind to cap tickets weekly was too high imo. I was ok with the timegate for the rewards, but I don’t have the drive to play wvw 20+ hrs a week anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

Reward system still the same before update, because the update was not intended to draw more player base. It is to give those “neglected” vets for all their hours of supporting wvw. So yeah, after few weeks newbies notice it will actually take way to long to get any meaningful reward they will leave, before update wvw is dying, this just slowed down the process a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I haven’t given up because i never planned on actively pursuing the rewards. I’ve reach the last diamond chest twice, its summer though and i dont always want to be glued to Guildwars, so ive been happy making it to mithril chests (and sometimes the first diamond) playing a reset and casually a couple/few nights a week

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I do not believe this update was meant to draw in player to wvw but more of something to stop wvw player from leaving. Wvw has been in a decline since the start of HoT, server relinking is proof of the decIine. Wvw gameplay has not changed much since the start of GW2. Same map same type of gameplay mechanics, its fun but having a goal for wvw helps. Playing a game for 3-4k hours means that it was worthwhile but it does get repeatative and boring at times. I just hope the xpac change some of the wvw gameplay mechanics.

If you are a new player and play around 20 pip hours a week you should get 2800 tickets within 9-10months. At the end, being able to get the platinum chest weekly while being a high silver rank. This does not take into account getting the outmanned buff.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

pips are not the problem..problem is u cant get more than 175 tickets a week..sux..
takes around 10 hours playtime a week to get the tickets….so keep the pips up…

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Meh I play WvW for fun/fights. Rewards are a bonus. Tickets are just like any other currency in the game – play the game mode you genuinely enjoy for the mechanics/community/gameplay and you’ll eventually accumulate that currency.

I say farewell to the fairweathers/casuals/non-dedicated-WvWers who expect/demand shinies handed to them on a silver platter within a month’s worth of gameplay.

Sure, I agree with other players that the current system regarding lower ranked players having to work harder/longer for pips is a bit straining and there should be tweaks made to reward more for solo/small-scale play in that regard, especially for lower population tiers/servers. Dunno I’m no expert at balance but I’ve noticed it since the update yet I am still adamant in my belief the update catered more towards… dedicated WvW vets.

Yeah.. harsh opinion. Life ain’t sunshine and rainbows I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I got full diamond rewards 3 weeks in a row, but i have to admit that it burned me out. I’m ok with the rewards being hard to get, but the grind can wear you down. Just not fun at this moment, so ive been playing less.

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

level near 770, and got diamond every week. im most for T2 armor, só i got helm, shoulders, gloves and pants. need boots and chest yet.

btw, the skirmish chest, is kinda generous, i lost the count of transmutation charges and Siege i got with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

I don’t like the skins, can get ascended gear easier in other ways, and don’t care for most of what’s in the chests, and nor do I think I’ll be playing as much when I go back to work in the fall.

So, I guess I haven’t given up on getting the tickets—I’ll keep playing because I always do, because I like WvW—but I’ve no idea what I’ll do with them. I think they’re not worth much, and nor is the other stuff in the chests. Maybe if the repeat chest at the end had mystic coins in it every time, I’d be more excited. Every sixth time would be okay, but probably still not worth the time investment.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The only reward you need is the rage whispers from your opponent.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I got full diamond rewards 3 weeks in a row, but i have to admit that it burned me out. I’m ok with the rewards being hard to get, but the grind can wear you down. Just not fun at this moment, so ive been playing less.

remember its not a grind if you abandon all logic!

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

The only reward you need is the rage whispers from your opponent.

Ahh, tis’ so delicious to collect them into my jar of tears’n’rage. Someting feels wrong or missing when I don’t receive one.
To speak of the rewards though – maybe I’m weird for wanting tactics more than the armor/back :o I just want to dubya vee dubya 4 life. I mostly run exotic armor/weps, only my trinkets are asc cos I switch up my builds so much. Need to protect my land from those potato stealers. Can’t be havin’ my taters ya know. They’re mine.

in WvW

Posted by: dragon.8071

dragon.8071

What reward? It’s only for those who only game mode is wvw. If you still haven’t purchased HOT, don’t. Too bad. I already have it and don’t intend on getting anymore copies of the game. Not worth it with all these updates that is making the game less fun and more mindless grinding/blobbing.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

“Recent Graduate of Maguuma University with a degree in Forums Politics”

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

WTF!!??!
theres a reward now @ WvW?

for a PVE player: its so hard to get the rewards see this 1+1=0 its hard

for a PvP player: we still want skill balance and class balance and balance the unbalanced

for a WvW player: oh ok….

Rockabye baby please dont cry

Attachments:

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Offair.2563

remember its not a grind if you abandon all logic!

If ya just played this mode before all this shiny additions you can get the tickets just fine by normal play.

But reading your posts it seems all you want is to have the shinies asap and kitten off to the next shiny stuff.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Given up? Nah..never had hopes for it as I just love to WvW. But I don’t WvW for hours on end where I think I need to be rewarded. I get enough gold and drops to crush into mats that fund other toons that I raise to 80 then drop into the recycle bin.

I think the rewards are literally for those that WvW and nothing else. As I have stated in a previous post I think ANET realized with the PvP reward debacle that if PvE was going for the WvW reward they are going to have to commit and not just be spoon fed a freebie.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I know that the plural of anecdote is not data, but I have seen an uptick in lower ranked people while I have been roaming. There’s a fair number of unranked and bronze level enemies. Either they:

• are playing for the rewards, or more likely they
  • started playing because of the changes and decided they liked it

Unless you’re told about it or actively seek it out, it’s hard to accidentally end up in wvw. The update and the advertising around it are nothing but good things for the long term health of the game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Odinens.5920

Odinens.5920

It’s items ment for players that spend a lot of time in WvW. And maybe have spent hours a day for years doing mostly WvW.

Surely there can be no harm done having very hard to obtain items for those players?

For the rest there are tons of weapons and backpacks from pve raids, fractals etc etc that the WvW:ers rarely put in the time getting.

So, basically you’re saying rewards are for vets who have been playing for years and are fine, and everyone else should just get their stuff from PvE content. Sounds fair…..

/end sarcasm

in WvW

Jayne.9251

So, basically you’re saying rewards are for vets who have been playing for years and are fine, and everyone else should just get their stuff from PvE content. Sounds fair…..

/end sarcasm

Is not having the WvW shiny somehow putting you at a massive disadvantage in your gameplay to someone who has it?

No huh?

Then either invest the time, or go find something else that makes you happy. Life’s too short.

in WvW

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’ll be honest, the rewards were never why I played WvW to begin with.

Though I have 3 things I’d change:

• I’d reduce the difference in gain between newer accounts and veteran accounts, simply because new players will otherwise get demotivated by the endless grind.
  • Tickets should be a stable tickets/pip, or maybe even frontloaded (Wood slightly better than later chests, etc, but only slightly so) to not overly promote excessive binge grinding every week.
  • (radical thought) I’d remove pips as a system or reward tracks, and merge them into a single system. Because in the end, they both directly depend on the participation and hence in the end award the exact same gameplay. Yes there are a lot of detailed differences but nothing which cannot be merged IMO, and I’d just merge them to remove the complexity of having two entirely separate systems stapled on top of each other. In other words, Ticket Reward Track.

However, much as I think the endless grind turns players away, I personally don’t mind “Far Out There”-rewards. They’re nice as long term goals.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

I play WvW because it’s fun.

The rewards for me are secondary, but so far I think I’ve been fairly successful. I’m currently in Silver rank (700ish) so I’m earning 2 pips from that. My server is usually in 2nd or 3rd place so I’m not earning the max pips because of our placing in the matchup. But I try to play on the more sparsely populated maps, thus maximizing my chances of outmanned pips. This has all netted me enough tickets to purchase the 2nd tier backpack and have a few tickets left over. Because I’m a scout/roamer/repairer/builder by nature I’ve been concerned about maintaining my participation but even after the recent changes I’ve been successful so far. Time will tell though…

I also finished up the Triumphant armor skins (thus unlocking the new ticket skins) and am currently working my way through the Hero weapon skin in order to unlock them as well.

I’m pretty pleased with the reward system right now. As for perspective on my tenure, I’m coming up on my first character’s birthday in a few weeks! :thumbsup:

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

The meta is way more complex with introduction of extra boonrip, boonshare and condibombs compared to 3 years ago.

Not at all, the meta required more thought when you had focus parties, a backline, etc, since HoT the meta has been various versions of braindead “toilet bowl” where everyone runs in a ball, then on top of that you have that the game has become massively more forgiving with the amount of boon spam/duration, healing, damage reduction, etc, that came with HoT.

Which is why guilds / players that would once get blown apart because their positioning was bad, have suddenly become “good” because the game has been much more forgiving since HoT, that and of course that the majority of good players / guilds have quit in large part because of the brainless, forgiving joke the combat has become.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i did… since what i wanted required 500 on the crafting black hole

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Casual Dad.2358

Casual Dad.2358

Yes and No. I’m a pretty newish wvw player and focused mainly on PVE. I dabbled in WvW in the past and enjoyed it so the rewards give me incentive to play the game mode more. That being said, I’ve decided that I would like to go for the sublime chest piece which apparently will take me a long time. That’s fine by me as I actually like the game mode. However, since it’s such a far off goal I’m not focusing on pips at all. I have to be level 2000 to even think about the armor and at level 450ish i have a long way to go so my focus for now is grinding as much WXP as possible.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

No, but I don’t aim just for rewards for WvW. They are secondary and are earned through playing the game, so as long as I play the game mode, I would have never have given up because I know it is inevitable anyways. I mean there’s no practical value to it. Given that a lot of people turn down character quality in WvW due to performance, it’s likely most people won’t even know what you’re actually wearing. And legendaries themselves don’t really have any useful value more than “I grinded. A lot. Here.” so whether it comes tomorrow or next year is really the same kitten.

Honestly, if you’re not here to come in and out as quickly as possible, I don’t see a problem.

Oh btw, I’ve never finished the diamond chests. If you ask me, I do feel it’s a little steep, but I understand part of it is on me.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Nope.

in WvW

Posted by: redwing.9580

redwing.9580

I’m guessing you didn’t spend your original ones we got for the old tourneys then because with the current 175 a week cap you could only have mad 875 with getting all the way to diamond so when saying the number please don’t forget you had extra ones that newer players didn’t have access to

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I’m guessing you didn’t spend your original ones we got for the old tourneys then because with the current 175 a week cap you could only have mad 875 with getting all the way to diamond so when saying the number please don’t forget you had extra ones that newer players didn’t have access to

I have bought 4 mistforged hero weapons (1 two hander and 3 one handers), but seems like that i got 200 tickets left. Didn’t even know that those are same tickets. No wonder why my efficiency rank is so low. Kittens me off.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Maureen Adaal.3412

Maureen Adaal.3412

What you say is only true for organised guild play. There are however many other ways to play WvW; you can follow a public tag, roam, havoc or defend. For all these things you can jump in very fast. WvW is a war, and you can defeat your opponents in many ways.

I also do not agree that we do not need new players. New players start as noobs, but they too can enjoy the game.

Elena Adaal – [Kale] Kalevala – Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I just want to hunt people and take their stuff lol.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Offair.2563

No, but I don’t aim just for rewards for WvW. They are secondary and are earned through playing the game, so as long as I play the game mode, I would have never have given up because I know it is inevitable anyways. I mean there’s no practical value to it. Given that a lot of people turn down character quality in WvW due to performance, it’s likely most people won’t even know what you’re actually wearing. And legendaries themselves don’t really have any useful value more than “I grinded. A lot. Here.” so whether it comes tomorrow or next year is really the same kitten.

Honestly, if you’re not here to come in and out as quickly as possible, I don’t see a problem.

Oh btw, I’ve never finished the diamond chests. If you ask me, I do feel it’s a little steep, but I understand part of it is on me.

Well said Archon.

in WvW

Odinens.5920

/end sarcasm

Is not having the WvW shiny somehow putting you at a massive disadvantage in your gameplay to someone who has it?

No huh?

Then either invest the time, or go find something else that makes you happy. Life’s too short.

You may want to research my previous posts on this matter. All I’ve been doing for the past almost 2 months is WvW. So I HAVE been investing the time, and guess what, I’m still not even rank 180.

The reward system is fine for all of you who have been playing for years because you barely have had to put any effort in to get thru diamond and get max tickets every week. Meanwhile, you want new people to come to WvW because the number of players has dwindled the past few years, but you tell them the rewards are for “us players that have been doing this for years. Go do PvE.”

Which is it – do you want more people playing WvW or do you want them to go do PvE, because as it stands you won’t get many new players with this reward system either way.

New players can barely get to platinum.

If they got rid of the weekly chest reset guess what – because of pips you vets would STILL get thru diamond chests faster than newer players. The only difference would be that the new player would actually be able to GET the reward from a diamond chest eventually.

You vets need to stop being snowflakes and make up your minds – do you want more people playing WvW or don’t you?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

You may want to research my previous posts on this matter. All I’ve been doing for the past almost 2 months is WvW. So I HAVE been investing the time, and guess what, I’m still not even rank 180.

And you need to research mine where I give you a history of WvW and the fact that we had zero rewards for nearly two years.

Two months is nothing.

And your response didn’t answer my question.

Do you NEED the reward in order to play?

in WvW

Odinens.5920

Good for you, I’m proud of you, but you still haven’t answered MY question – do you, or do you NOT want more people playing WvW?

Do I need the rewards, no, but I am NOT most people. MOST people new to WvW are going to look at this reward system and how long it takes to get anything as a new player and not even bother.