Hello - I'm a PvE Player.

in WvW

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

So, for the majority of my year+ in Guild Wars 2 I’ve been playing PvE. I’ve had a rare stint into PvP and WvW, but the latter two were relatively unfulfilling. Recently, I joined a new guild that has a significantly larger WvW presence and the WvW Seasons happened to come about at the same time. In the short time that I’ve been going around since the season started I can honestly say I’ve had more fun than any previous stint in WvW and will likely stay after I’ve completed achievements.

Seasons and the new guild have given me motivation to explore and rediscover this content that I’d long ago decided I didn’t care for. I’m thrilled to say that I was wrong and will keep WvW as a part of my regular Guild Wars 2 play.

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

So, for the majority of my year+ in Guild Wars 2 I’ve been playing PvE. I’ve had a rare stint into PvP and WvW, but the latter two were relatively unfulfilling. Recently, I joined a new guild that has a significantly larger WvW presence and the WvW Seasons happened to come about at the same time. In the short time that I’ve been going around since the season started I can honestly say I’ve had more fun than any previous stint in WvW and will likely stay after I’ve completed achievements.

Seasons and the new guild have given me motivation to explore and rediscover this content that I’d long ago decided I didn’t care for. I’m thrilled to say that I was wrong and will keep WvW as a part of my regular Guild Wars 2 play.

That’s awesome to hear! I can tell you that I’ve been surprised how much I’ve heard this from a lot of pve’ers coming into WvW that have recently joined our guild. I find that when you’re running with guildies and friends it certainly makes it far more enjoyable then running around by yourself

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: Serebus.7314

Serebus.7314

That’s awesome to hear! I can tell you that I’ve been surprised how much I’ve heard this from a lot of pve’ers coming into WvW that have recently joined our guild. I find that when you’re running with guildies and friends it certainly makes it far more enjoyable then running around by yourself

Gama get off the forums and start commanding. I wanna come back to a RED wvw when I get home from classes

In all seriousness though, I’m glad more PvE exclusive players are getting to at least try WvW. It is a lot of fun when you do it in an organized guild.

Bronade – Guild leader of TERROR[TG]
Homeworld = Home Borderland!

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I think a lot of the reasons why PvE players find WvW intimidating or boring is that they immediately go into a BL or WvW and they get no direction.

There is no fun when you’re on a BL and there is zero coordination. You may have a commander on the map, but sometimes that commander is a kitten or sometimes they don’t relay their commands on map chat (since it’s inefficient)

The WvW experience is a totally different one if you use voice communication. It’s even better when you run with a very well coordinated guild.

Whenever I WvW I do not go in without voice comms and I almost always try to stick with the competent guilds.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I find that when you’re running with guildies and friends it certainly makes it far more enjoyable then running around by yourself

This, so much. Everyone loves to bash “zerging”, and I get the aversion to the death-ball from a strategic standpoint, but running with a several groups of guild members, plus some pugs who saw and followed a tag, is really enjoyable- especially when you’re first starting and just learning the mechanics of wvw, and the play of the maps.

I’d like to suggest in particular, OP, that if your guild has a ventrilo/team speak/raidcall/etc, download the program and use it in wvw- if not your guild, your server might have one big ts server- so look into it. It helps you connect with the people you run wvw with, it makes you better able to survive, and it makes you more useful to the team.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in WvW

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

As a normal PvE’er myself, I can concur that running with people in WvW makes it much better. I’ve been a player since launch and have dabbled in WvW a few times. I always got bored though as I’ve run it solo. I’m still running it solo, but I do like a lot of the changes they’ve made.

Also, as a PvE’er, I’m not a fan of the Jumping Puzzles……

It also makes it harder for people to join into WvW when there are so many WvW players who seem to think they are better then the rest of the community and don’t even want new people to try this game mode. Instantly they are looked at as achievement hunters, Puzzle Jumpers, not skilled, taking up another players spot, and bashed very often.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

Gama get off the forums and start commanding. I wanna come back to a RED wvw when I get home from classes

In all seriousness though, I’m glad more PvE exclusive players are getting to at least try WvW. It is a lot of fun when you do it in an organized guild.

I will once I get off of work….but when i’m working coding and programming….I post on these forums hahaha…wish I could play from work!!

Some of us have to make money and you know….not take easy mode classes all day -.-

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Welcome to the fold. Despite the QQ fest I’m sure you’ll become a server asset with time and dedication. Don’t get discouraged.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi

Great to hear, you sound exactly like a lot of people in my guild, in your WvW journey you will stumble and maybe some kitten hats will give you bit of a hard time in map chat and on forums such as these, do not be discouraged, just ignore them and “keep on truckin”.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Tinoosh.5386

Tinoosh.5386

Do please stay after you’ve done the seasonal achievements too. That would greatly help the server you are on. Hopefully you will have learned a few do’s and don’ts of WvW as well as improving your over all experience in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Carize.8532

Carize.8532

As someone else said, don’t get discouraged. When I first began exploring WvW gameplay it was after about 5 months of PvE and learning this game. I was turned off at first by people being disparaging in map chat about “militia” or “stupid pugs” or just “pugs”. C’mon veterans, can’t you see a new player as a possible asset instead of instantly slotting them into the role of annoyance? We all started out new at some point and WvW isn’t instantly intuitive. You needed time to learn the maps, the jargon, and the play style. Give others that same opportunity.

To OP, welcome to the asylum, go nuts.

Edit: Also be sure to get into whichever voice chat program your guild or server uses. Some of the best fun to be had is hearing your commander or party leader say something like—“We’re probably gonna die doing this, but what the kitten, I wanna try it!” (hilarious deaths ensue)

~grins at Morb~

Those moments are just as valuable as the times when your group wipes out the enemy team.

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi
Jade Quarry since launch then I started wandering the borderlands of Yak’s Bend

(edited by Carize.8532)

in WvW

Posted by: robotempire.2451

robotempire.2451

I know there is a lot of discontent with PVE “carebears” participating in WvW in the forums right now but this discontent is misplaced. Any player should feel welcome to participate in whatever part of the game they want. It’s not other players’ place to say that people should or shouldn’t play WvW.

The real issue is that ArenaNet should not have enticed greater numbers of players to participate in a game mode that was already suffering from debilitating issues. By doing so they have degraded the playing experience for many, many users.

In other words, enjoy playing, ignore the vitriol. And ArenaNet, pls.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

/reads topic title

“DIEEEEEEE! PvE players don’t have a place in WvW”

/joke

Aside from that. Nice, you love WvW!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Enjoy your stay, glad you are loving it. I joined to get world completion and loved it so much I stayed too. Sometimes you just need to go there to see what it’s about.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Do try and join your servers voice comms, it makes wvw so much easier to learn.

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Welcome to WvW Glad you are enjoying it.

Also- Come at me ya green horn loot bag squishy!

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L